[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun Experiments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1455836370941.jpg (2MB, 1600x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1455836370941.jpg
2MB, 1600x1205px
Hey /sci/, /k/ here. I was wondering, do you have any preferences on where to buy chemicals to use in just general experiments?
Specifically Sodium, Aluminum powder, Magnesium ribbons, and red Iron oxide powder.
I've been interested in doing some experimentation with sodium because I'm scared shitless of explosives, even stuff like tanerite, but sodium seems very stable and can be relatively safe to use.
And my friend just moved into a new house and has some old appliances that would be fun to burn threw, since we usually just shoot stuff like that.
Also, if you know of any other experiments that are relatively safe, feel free to suggest them.
>tl;dr
I want sodium and thermite. Where get for cheap (other than amazon)?
>>
>>8241222
United Nuclear.

Their site looks funny, but they're legit.
>>
>>8241222
go away you gun maniac freak >>>/k/
>>
>>8241222
inb4 op gets v&
>>
File: 1451842502550.gif (3MB, 281x295px)
1451842502550.gif
3MB, 281x295px
>>8241233
No u
>>8241234
Why would I get banned. There's nothing illegal or against the rules about what I'm asking about.
I'm also doing it safely.

I'm surprised a board dedicated to science and math is telling people they shouldn't (safely) do science experiments.
>>
>>8241230
Do they not have Sodium.
Thanks, by the way.
>>
>>8241222

You can buy all that stuff on Amazon.

Be careful with Sodium, though. One little mistake and you'll burn your house down. Have a type C extinguisher handy - obviously you don't put out a sodium fire with water.
>>
File: Incendiaries.png (107KB, 1210x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Incendiaries.png
107KB, 1210x1016px
>>8241249
nigga u gon get v&
>>
File: 1469233494747.gif (2MB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
1469233494747.gif
2MB, 350x251px
>>8241388
Are household fire extinguishers classified as type C?
I actually have 7 around my house and in my car, so I should probably know.

Also, why would it cause a fire? I know to keep it away from water 'cause it causes an explosion, but is there something else that makes it a fire hazard.

Also, a pound of Soduim is going for over $100 on Amazon.
>>8241423
A classic.
>>
>>8241445

It'll say on the extinguisher what kind it is. It'll be a large capital letter.

Unless you live in the Sahara, sodium will react with the moisture in the air and spontaneously catch fire. Once it's on fire, the metal will sustain the reaction directly and oxidize.

Sodium is cool stuff, but make sure you read up on proper handling before you buy any.

The items above should give you an idea of why it costs so much.
>>
>>8241455
Makes sense. Thanks for the heads up. I will do additional research before I buy any. Same for the thermite.
>>
File: propersafetyequipment.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
propersafetyequipment.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3514.html

Familiarize yourself with safety information for each and every chemical use will be using. Were proper perspective gear. Perform experiments near a class 3 (ABC) fire extinguisher in a well ventilated space.

https://www.atf.gov/explosives
Comply with all US law on the acquisition of materials and the creation of explosives.

Also,
Mix almost any carbon bearing medium with a strong acid and you can make a pretty decent explosion. Cotton balls washed in nitric-acid then washed in sulfuric acid then washed in water and dried make gun-cotton which is mostly stable but burns/explodes really well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD6vURwCkNA

Have fun and make sure to keep all your fingers.
>>
>>8241222
reported for cp
>>
>>8243126
Reported for announcing reporting.
Also, threads about explosives, firearms, killing people, etc. are common place on /k/.
>>
outra here chemfag
>>
>>8242410
Megumin a qt
>>
>>8243693
I don't know your board specific memes.
>>
>>8243151
Reported for announcing report on an announced report
>>
>>8243126
Best be trolling, nigger. That's one of the most famous images to come out of the Vietnam war. Her village was napalmed and her clothes were burned off in the process, look that shit up.

(Personal note: there's a chance my grandpa was flying the F-4 that fucked her world up. Kek)
>>
ISIS pls
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.