[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Earth Flat or is it a Globe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Antique_Map_Mercator_Arctic.jpg (149KB, 652x610px) Image search: [Google]
Antique_Map_Mercator_Arctic.jpg
149KB, 652x610px
Is the Earth Flat or is it a Globe?
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>7933056
hey pal, did you just blow in from stupid town?>>>7930606
>>
>>7933056

It's conical.
>>
>>7933056
Clearly the earth is a cube. You know nothing.
>>
>>7933089
time cube?
>>
I think there is a lot of weight to the conspiracy theory, so yes I guess I did just blow in from stupid town kek. The question is actually serious, Do you have any evidence to show me that it is a globe or w/e?
>>
>>7933056
The earth is flat but everything bends in precisely the right way to make it appear round. It's called Lorentz flatness theory.
>>
>>7933056
>>7933102
If it is flat then I hope you walk to the very ends of it and jump off, faggot. :^)
>>
>>7933233
Sure and if it is a globe I guess I wont need to jump. I cannot oblige to the faggot part of your request though, you'll have to find a boyfriend elsewhere, Or go headbutt a donut ya dickhead.
>>
>>7933056
Nope, and its definitely not possible to prove it for yourself.

Jesus Christ, I am ashamed of my fellow Americunts sometimes.
>>
>>7933359
Yeah that's what I'm talking about, So someone agrees that its yet to be proven, I mean I ate up the NASA bull**** for years like most all people on earth. but yeah not 1 photograph that isnt a composite in over 50years? c'mon peeps. I don't believe in aliens ghost, or the rest of the hype conspiracys, but I tell ya this one really has me thinking...
>>
>>7933401
So, if it is flat. How is it that there are no pictures? >>7933056
>>
>>7933408
Well that is indeed my point >.<
Show me one picture of the earth from space that isn't a composite image. I mean a REAL honest to god photograph. I haven't seen one.
>>
File: 187_1003705_americas_dxm.png (1MB, 1041x1041px) Image search: [Google]
187_1003705_americas_dxm.png
1MB, 1041x1041px
>>7933408
You believe earth is a globe because of this image?
>>
>>7933056
A globe is by definition is a map of the earth. So whether the earth is flat or a globe makes no sense. If the earth is flat then the globe map of the earth is flat. So what is your real question?
>>
Check your dictionary again >>7933476
globe
ɡləʊb/
noun
the earth.
"goods from all over the globe"
synonyms: world, earth, universe, planet; literaryorb
"a city full of tourists from every corner of the globe"
a spherical or rounded object.
"orange trees clipped into giant globes"
synonyms: sphere, orb, ball, spheroid, round; More
verbliterary
form (something) into a globe.
"there, in miniature, the world was globed like a fruit"
>>
>>7933473
Yes, I do believe.
>>
File: BlueMarble.jpg (148KB, 1041x1041px) Image search: [Google]
BlueMarble.jpg
148KB, 1041x1041px
>>7933620
Where are the stars?
Also here is another pic from the same NASA source, Why does America change size? every year NASA releases another "Picture of Earth" and every year America gets bigger and more centred. check it out - http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_2159.html
>>
Basically these Images are cartoons.
>>
You're all wrong. It's an oblate spheroid.
>>
File: Facepalm.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>7933656
Yeah I get that, I didn't say perfect sphere. I understand the principles of the mainstream doctrine, believe me I've been fed it my entire life.
And just because you said it doesn't make it so...
>>
>>7933651
This is described as a 'composite' image. It's definitely distorted though, kind of lame. But not really evidence of anything nefarious.

I don't buy that America gets bigger and more centered as an actual trend without more proof.
>>
>>7933651
>Where are the stars?
Washed out by earthshine.

>Why does America change size?
The image is take from a different position in orbit. If you were standing on the surface, America would cover the entirety of the visible globe. If you were at an infinite distance then America would be even smaller.

>>7933653
>Basically these Images are cartoons.
Not really, no.

>>7933676
>And just because you said it doesn't make it so...
There are an overwhelming number of photos of the round Earth, taken by many different organisations with no reason to conspire together. There are no credible images of the edge of the flat Earth.
>>
File: DifferentSizeEarths.jpg (13KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
DifferentSizeEarths.jpg
13KB, 266x189px
>>7933708
Thank you, I appreciate the bullet point format adressing all of my concerns, Could you please provide evidence of you last claim though. I have not seen any other sorce produce a pic of earth from space. But cheers none the less.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.