[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BASED engineers, bitches architects be the ones groping for D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: based.png (522KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
based.png
522KB, 960x960px
BASED engineers, bitches

architects be the ones groping for D
>>
>>7769309
Architecture is the "I want to be creative but also make money / be respected for my job title" degree
>>
>>7769309
Is architecture really a good job field?
I'm a medical student, but I'm not planning it.
The reason I wanted to say this is because my younger brother took architecture, but he failed three semesters in a row, and now he's on the IT field.
Question again, is it actually good? and you don't need math when you graduate it?
>>
>>7769309
Engineers...

Mathematicians who can't do modern math.
>>
>>7769338
aka mathematicians who care about getting paid
>>
>>7769338
Mathmaticians...
faggots
>>
Mathematicians...
The most useless and disposable crowd in society.
>>
>>7769328
I think its oversaturated as a field
>>
>>7769338
Mathematicians...

Engineers who can't put up a shelf to save their lives
>>
>>7769341
>He still believes the 'only engineers get jobs' meme

Can we just hold up everything for a sec and laugh at the retard?

>>7769383
I'm sure any trivial work could be done with just some intuition. However, I do believe that most mathematicians would fuck up a bridge and kill a fuck ton of people, unless they are given a month or two to read some books.
>>
>>7769338
Mathematicians...

Philosophers who are not fucking retarded
>>
hope you mathematicians like getting your precious innocent work ENGINEERED nice and hard
>>
>>7769328
It's more competitive than and pays less than Civil engineering, however, really successful architectures get to design cool things.

IT is probably a better move for your little brother, until the Indians completely flood the market it's less competitive and he'll likely end up with a higher salary than the average architect. IT doesn't need much math no.
>>
File: 1451341546034.jpg (12KB, 333x848px) Image search: [Google]
1451341546034.jpg
12KB, 333x848px
>>7769679
>Pays less than the average civil engineer
yeah ok.
>Brother failed because he complained too much about math.
I feel bad for him, I wonder even he will survive the course. I'll just cross his hands and make the best for him.
Besides, all five years on his course need a grade of 1, even in his major subject.
>>
>>7769328
You need math for architecture, especially geometry. It's also not as easy as you think. The architecture majors at the school I graduated from would drag couches, mini fridges, and a microwave into their studio space because they would spend days there trying to finish projects.
>>
>>7769737
I'm dropping out and not thinking of joining that course again.
I'm bad at math, but good at science courses, medical is the right course for me.
>>
>>7769309
>implying engineers can do math
>>
>>7769309
>Implying engineers don't just get pity grades in classes they don't fully understand.
>>
>>7769309

Applying your formula sheet is not doing math.
>>
>>7769338
Modern math is used a lot in engineering, engineers just apply it and don't do proofs

Try to get a pure mathematician to calculate or model or perform data analysis and they'd struggle
>>
>>7769937
Solving applied problems requires a lot more than just applying formulas, actual engineering isn't just plug and chug like you did in calc I
>>
>>7769944
It doesn't require more mathematical thought than applying formulas.
Try to get an engineer to solve a mathematical problem, not a calculation (engineering problem) but to prove an actual mathematical theorem - most of them have a hard time just to write a proof that most undergrads would consider straightforward.
>>
>>7769737
What kind of geometry do you need? Anything beyond simple trig or analytical?
>>
>>7769975
probably because it's not their job
>>
File: 717.jpg (28KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
717.jpg
28KB, 324x291px
>>7769309
>>
File: qs.png (145KB, 667x483px) Image search: [Google]
qs.png
145KB, 667x483px
>>7769975
We don't do proofs, so yeah I'd be hard pressed to prove anything mathematically to you because I never learned the rules.

Pic related, EE homework. Solve any of these problems.
>>
>>7770546

Engineers never do proofs?
>>
>>7769309
you mean civil engineers who can't do math
>>
>>7770556
Not really. I've done a handful for fourier and laplace analysis, but outside of that not really. If you take a complex analysis course you probably will do a few. It's really not stressed.
>>
>>7770516

Jokes on you. I got an A in Differential Equations.
>>
File: Trainers Hate Him.png (137KB, 334x289px) Image search: [Google]
Trainers Hate Him.png
137KB, 334x289px
>Implying Engineering isn't master race
>>
>>7770556
Proofs are exceedingly unimportant in real life use of mathematics.

They are more of a hassle for slower people who don't have a god given talent to apply math intuitively than a useful tool.
>>
>tfw by all objective metrics, an engineering degree is considered harder than a math degree
>tfw mathfags only response is to ask engineers to produce autistic proofs that they memorized in their pure math classes
>>
>>7770516
They sure love telling themselves they do, though.
>>
The funny thing is, engineers and mathematicians will be hired by business majors.

So both of you can get shit on, fucking drones.
>>
>>7770691
>The funny thing is, engineers and mathematicians will be hired by business majors.
Where the fuck did you get this retarded idea?

Business majors have a ceiling at low paid middle management plebs. More engineers end up starting companies than business majors. Most CEOs are engineers etc. etc. I could go own, but basically you have a pleb tier idea about how the industry works.

Even MBAs are paid less than BSc engineers on average.
>>
>>7770713
>Most CEOs are engineers

Can you cite this? I read this a lot. It makes sense, but I've yet to see a source.
>>
>>7770833
I wouldn't say most, but a significant portion. Business insider claims 33%, as opposed to only 11% from business administration.
http://www.businessinsider.com/ceos-majored-in-engineering-2011-3#33-of-the-sp-500-ceos-undergraduate-degrees-are-in-engineering-and-only-11-are-in-business-administration-1
>>
>>7770869
ohshi
>>
>>7769338
Computer Scientists....

Geniuses who are changing the world
>>
>>7770878
Indeed, lowering academics standards qualifies as 'changing the world'.
>>
Can someone tell me the difference between architectue and civil engineering?
>>
>>7770886
Architects design buildings. Think of them as semi-realistic artists.

Civil engineers make buildings. They come up with a plan for how structures are to be built. They know the physics behind why the building stays standing. They come up with cost-effective materials and processes to construct things.

When someone says "I want to put a fancy looking building here," they go to an architect to ask them to design one. Then they take the architect's design to a civil engineer and ask them if this design is actually possible. Then they have the civil engineer oversee the construction of the building to make sure the construction workers are actually doing it right.
>>
>>7770884
>implying
I've yet to see a "Math for Computer Sciences" or "Physics/E&M for Computer Sciences" class, at least, at my uni.
You spend the first two years taking physics, calculus, discrete math, your fluffs, and then 3/4 intro comp sci courses (usually ending at data structures). You need linear algebra too.
>>
>>7770908
>Then they take the architect's design to a civil engineer and ask them if this design is actually possible. Then they have the civil engineer oversee the construction of the building to make sure the construction workers are actually doing it right.

Not even close.
>>
ITT: People who got a B- in Diff Eq. and think they know what they are talking about argue over topics that they have no actual understanding of
>>
>>7770546
Can I survive in EE if I was a former math major?
>>
How is sci any different from pol? You guys argue about almost anything. I think it's my fault for expecting reasonable and mature discussions on 4chan. At first i thought some of you guys were pretty smart now i see you're all actually failures.
>>
>>7771242
can you go be gay somewhere people care like >>>/r9k/
>>
>>7770546
know how to do 2 and 3. never seen 1 and 4
>>
>>7771220
How about how you explain how it actually is, then?
>>
>>7771278

Not him, but civil engineering has more to do with infrastructure projects. What you said is mostly right, as architects have to deal with the client, make the building functional, look good; but also coordinates with a structural engineer that has an understanding of building loads.

Architect = function, aesthetics
S. engineer = structure
>>
>>7771271
Based on your reply you belong on r9k.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.