[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which type of engineering has the lowest proportion of women?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

Which type of engineering has the lowest proportion of women?
>>
>>7739653

Railroad engineering, which is clearly the best engineering.
>>
>>7739653
CE if I recall correctly.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 600x500px
>>7739653
There's no point in sieving out which one has more, it's all more or less there
>>
>>7739703
I said lowest.
>>
>>7739653
Who cares? Women have no business invading our classrooms and lowering the standards.
>>
>>7739768
Why do you think that standards would be lower for females? I see no male/female difference in grading. If you suppose they are lowering the bar for females (to increase numbers) wouldn't you be happy with the inflation to your grades in response?
>>
>>7739789
You must be a woman.
You wouldn't understand this as a woman but let me try anyways.
Imagine you are a healthy Olympic athlete.
Would you be happy about participating in the special olympics and earning gold?
Would your gold medal even mean anything?
>>
>>7739799

Are you suggesting that engineering is the special olympics then?

To rephrase your example, suppose that engineering is the Olympics, there are outstanding male candidates but if there are female candidates who can compete with, or even out compete the male, then surely they do have business to "invade" the Olympics?
>>
>>7739653
The type of engineering where the guys don't swarm around the girl to help her with the hmwk.
>>
>>7739804
Please. Arguments aside, think back to that nerdy guy that made straight A's in math and science. The majority or girls don't care about engineering or the guy talking about it, unless there's money involved.
>>
>>7739703

Now I'm just picturing some single female grad student seeing this and going to an engineering happy hour and being massively disappointed.
>>
>>7739804
The occasional female who can compete(or maybe I should say keep up) does not excuse the degregation caused by the remaining majority.
>>
>>7739703
I'd still go to the STEM ones. The conversation with girls in meme majors is insufferable.
>>
>>7739811
But isn't that just a crass caricature of who engineering students are? The vast majority of engineers I've met are diverse across the intelligence and autism spectrum. I'd imagine it'd be the same with the women, if you look at an engineering faculty you'd most definitely see women who do care about it.
If all they care about is money then why do you bother to associate yourself with them? Every bell curve needs a left tail.
>>
What is the point of this thread?
>>
File: transcendence-06499-1500x844.jpg (242KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
transcendence-06499-1500x844.jpg
242KB, 1500x844px
>>7739822
I'd like to think of it as an exchange of opinions and viewpoints. Ultimately? there is no larger point. Just like existence: flickering, temporary, and precious to that who value it.
>>
>>7739821
Needs a left tail? Yes
Needs a left tail that's been dragged down by women so badly it's causing grade inflation? No
>>
>>7739821
I see the light fade from so many girls' faces after the mention of an engineering major. I did mention "the majority". I know awesome female faculty (some are quite attractive as well) It's just that I don't see men clamoring for social service and nursing jobs as vehemently.
>>
Is this kinda what you wanted OP?
>>
>>7739657
this
>>
Mechanical. Only 1 girl in our batch of graduates
>>
>>7739653
Lowest: Electrical or computer engineering
Highest: Civil or chemical.
>>
>>7739653
Mechanical, in my uni I think they have a 98:2 ratio. EE has a bit more. Contrary to popular belief, girls in CE are increasing by the year.
On the opposite side, BME (what I'm studying) is about evenly split while CivE has a bit more women than men.
>>
Hi, I'm a ChemE, also a woman.
Nice to meet you (:!
>>
>>7740156
How's the view from way down there on the bell curve?
>>
>>7739815
I thought you would say massively penetrated
>>
Why are there so many women in chemical engineering?
I thought a degree like that would be full of aspiring druglords.
>>
>>7740332
Low math requirements.
Limited problem solving skills required.
>>
>>7740332
There aren't.

There are many female students in Chemical Engineering undergrad. There aren't many female Chemical Engineers.
>>
>>7740316
>Implying you know her grades
>>
>>7740342
Her grades
Her
K.
>>
>>7740344
That's a no, right?
>>
>>7740342
Your right I don't but I can make a pretty good guess based on statistics.
>>
>>7740332
>aspiring druglords.
This is funny because it is women who tend to abide by the law and this raises several questions.

I used to think that women played the game of life in easy mode but with this I realized a best answer. They just play the game of life in automatic. Their empty shell of a character with no personality just goes through life doing just what they have to do to not get in trouble and succeed.

Are women even sentient or are they like dogs because dogs too tend to abide by the law.
>>
>>7740342
>Implying he's actually a girl just because he sarcastically said so on the internet.
>Actually white knighting a caricature of a le girl on the internet xD

Are you retarded?
>>
>>7740349
Natural selection maybe
Women who couldn't think for themselves and were able to obey men had a greater chance for reproduction.
Women who couldn't obviously would stand no chance in the wild.
>>
>>7740352
Probably another butthurt female anyways.
Knows it's impossible to argue for women as a whole so she resorts to nitpicking things that don't actually matter.
>>
>>7740357
>Women who couldn't think for themselves and were able to obey men had a greater chance for reproduction.

This is so fucking true and never realized this. It makes so much sense that now you said it.

And if that is the case, did the female mind even evolve sentience? Let us remember that the dominant male dynamic started way before we even resembled humans. This means that the trend of women who obeyed men surviving more existed for more than 100,000 years. Did we have sentience back then?

What does this mean for feminists? Is it the comeback of the sentience gene?
>>
You guys are fucking autists holy shit.
>>
>>7740349
>Are women even sentient or are they like dogs because dogs too tend to abide by the law.
I've often wondered if they're taught this trait, or heavily predisposed to it naturally. Women do tend to be easily controlled and fall somewhat neatly into a hierarchy where they just follow the rules. Men sometimes do the same, usually aim for something higher, but they find themselves fighting each other because they themselves are just a little runt in the pecking order, ready to get their dumbass stomped out.

Fuck people. This post started out inquisitive and ended hateful. They're all broken, and they all suck. Me somewhat included.

Though it's worth mentioning, the older women get, the less you're able to argue with them. Irrationality seems correlated with and proportionate to age.
>>
>>7740349
Women are just conservative and conforming by nature. They experience more anxiety because it's their job to make sure that the environment where they might raise children is as safe as possible.
While males are more risk-taking because one male could impregnate several women, which makes it necessary to try to get any edge over other males.
>>
this thread is full of virgins
>>
>>7740349
>>7740357
>>7740360
Christ. Go back to your designated containment board >>>/r9k/.

Most women might be slightly more retarded than men, but anywhere near where you autists are trying to shill, if you actually got over paralyzing fear and talked to them every now an- Ah, who am I kidding.
>>
>>7740372
Why are you making attacks on our personal lives just because you don't agree with us?
Is it because you know we are right? Does it make you feel uncomfortable?
>>
>>7740372
>more retarded than men

It is so easy to find whiteknights projecting. It is good to see that it is you whiteknights who see women as inferior.

In my post I said nothing about the intelligence of the female mind. I was completely talking about how submissive they are, with my initial point talking about how, statistically, women commit less crimes and therefore are put in line easily.
>>
>>7740375
>Attacks half the human population calling them non-sentient retards.
>Why are you attacking me waaah! I should be immune from baseless criticism baaah!
>>
>>7740371
I fuck more non-sentient retarded humanoid vagina bearing animals per day than you. Trust me on that one.

That is why I have no fear of criticizing them while you whiteknights dare say something negative and your dominant wife who tells you fucking your black friend is 'ok' will leave you for another whiteknight cuck.
>>
>>7740379
I was referring to the actual bell curve. Just like niggers have a lower mean IQ, but you will still find genius level ones that are more intelligence than the majority of cumskins, gooks etc. But the female bell curve is much closer to the male counterpart, there is very little difference, but there still is.

Your bullshit is based on evo psych pseudo science, not based on anything factual.
>>
>>7740384
Actually that's not true.
Women are higher than men in some classes.
However, all classes requiring critical thinking -ALL- have men higher.
Women seem to be better at memorization(maybe evolutionary from following and remembering commands)
>>
inb4 404
>>
>>7740384
>not anything actual

But statistically women commit less crimes.
Women are more submissive than men.
That is why also women statistically do better in primary education, where it is less about intelligence and more about following orders.

Sources because you are too much of a whiteknight cuck to believe me:
https://fullfact.org/sites/fullfact.org/files/Capture_6.JPG
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/news/a32718/female-sex-fantasies/
This talks about being submissive in sex but honestly that translates to real life.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Better+at+school+by+gender&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwigv-6V0PLJAhVL5SYKHXkDCh0Q_AUIBygC#imgrc=GGa86QMoQLDmFM%3A
What is important is the 'all subjects' point.

Go back to watching your gf getting fucked by tyrone you fuckless caricature of a man.
>>
>>7740390
>le classes

I'm obviously talking about IQ studies. No one cares about classes there's too many other factors that determine performance.

>More evo psych bullshit
We're done here.
>>
>>7740395
too many other factors that determine performance

Indeed, like women fucking their university professors to bump up their F to a C. All of them.
>>
>>7740394
>But statistically women commit less crimes.
That proves they commit less crime, not that they're submissive submissive non-sentients you retard.
>>
>>7740400
This is so true.

That is why I would never hire a female engineer for my company. To make sure that no one suspects anything I have women in every other position like secretaries and cleaning staff.
>>
>>7740400
see >>7740372
>>
Do you all at least plan to only have children with women that meet your particular specifications for an acceptable human being?
>>
>>7740403
Let X be any group of people.
X commits less crimes than any other group.
How does X commit less crimes?
By not going agains the law.
Therefore X doesn't go against the law as much as others.
So they follow the law.
What does following the law mean?
They follow rules.
X is more likely to follow rules.
Where do rules come from?
From authority
Therefore X is more likely to follow an authority
What is the definition of submisive?
'Inclined or ready to submit to an authority'
Therefore X is submissive.

QED mah nigga.
>>
>>7740406
I have decided to not marry and not have babies.
For this effort I just broke up with my ex-gf because we were close to being 'long-term'.

This was because statistically all >50% of marriages end in disaster and with the man having to give the woman objects and money.

Fuck that shit, make your own wealth you witch.
>>
>>7739815
Brazzers, STEM edition
>>
>>7740411
good job.
>>
>>7740413
>he can't even control a woman
lol
>>
>>7740478
That is funny coming from a white knight.

Statistics are facts, I hope you know. I might as well toss a coin and if it lands on head I just burn half of my assets.

Unless you can really show that your girlfriend is a NAWALT you shouldn't stay with her. At the first sight of mainstream femininity walk the fuck away.
>>
>>7740411
>Zero knowledge of logical arguments or deductive structure.
>Stupid and unfounded mechanical thinking.
>Literally every single sentence is a non-sequitur.
>Incorrect usage of QED

Ask me how I know you're not /sci/core, but a filthy /r9k/ crossboarder?

>>7740413
At least be honest. You never had a girlfriend. You've read enough posts of men who do to know how to pretend well that you did, but in reality you never did.

We aren't going to attack you just because you're a virgin. We don't care about your shitty identity politics. We attack you because you're too retarded to realize that adaptationism is a logical fallacy in itself.

If you ever actually considered marriage with a girl you would've learned about this wonderful thing called a prenup that every modern man gets.
>>
There was an assload of qts in a CE class I had to take.
>>
>>7740496
More like she dumped you and you're making up false stories on the internet.
>>
>>7740498
>non-sequitur

If you can't make the connection that following the laws of the government is the same as submitting to the laws of the government then I can only feel sorry for you.

I even did it step by step with definitions and all so that you could see the connection, but no, you are too stupid. Apparently too stupid to even open a dictionary and read the definitions of the word submit and submissive.

So I'm just going to skip that. Maybe one day you'll learn how to read a dictionary.

As statistics show that women submit more to the government we should ask ourselves why?
Are they JUST submissive towards the government or are they more submissive in general?

I showed you another study that said that women are in general submissive in bed.

So they are submissive to the law and to their sexual partner. Are they submissive in the workplace?

Well, feminist talk all day about how women should be more assertive in the workplace. If they have to be more assertive it is because now they are not assertive, submissive if you will.

So women are submissive in sex, in law and in the workplace.

So what will you claim? That they are not submissive in general and that these are just coincidences with no extractable information?

If so then you are a lost case.
>>
>>7740506
That is an unfair criticism. You wouldn't know anything about being dumped because you are never taken to begin with.

That is the life of the submissive mangina you have become and I hope you enjoy it because unless you man the fuck up that is all you are going to get for the rest of your miserable life.

Whiteknight manginas pls go.
>>
>>7740498
Lol how young are you? Prenups get thrown out of court all day like its not a big deal. Nobody fucking cares.

>>7740498
>We don't care about your shitty identity politics
>ragging on him for the possibility of him coming from /r9k/
Ask me how I know you don't have any balls, but a filthy whiteknight mangina.
>>
>>7739841
>Is this kinda what you wanted OP?
No. Can you not read plain english? I wanted the engineering with lowest amount of women, so I don't have to work or study with them.
>>
>>7740381
I am stating things based on statistics and facts.
You are just stating baseless insults.
I don't know what else I should have expected from a woman though.
Also I didn't ask you to stop. I asked you why you felt it was necessary.
>>
>>7740395
That argument doesn't hold up very well when every university is reporting similar findings.
>>
>>7740498
>You've read enough posts of men who do to know how to pretend well that you did, but in reality you never did.
Now take the basis of that self description you just created, and use it to change. Learn from it.
>>
anyone got that image that shows the difference between Men and Women's STEM?

Science Tech Engineering Math vs
Selfies Twitter Eating Man-Hating.

wish i saved that
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.