[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so we want to genetically engineer birds to resemble dinosaurs,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: greylaggoose.jpg (304KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
greylaggoose.jpg
304KB, 1024x687px
so we want to genetically engineer birds to resemble dinosaurs, where do we start?
>>
This isn't /adv/ but I'd assume biotechnology.

Read jack Horner's book "how to build a dinosaur" and find out for yourself
>>
>>7648903
hit another bongload
>>
Somewhat related query, how long would it take to simply breed octopuses so that they could live more comfortably on land?
>>
>>7648903
With a bird.
>>
>>7648903
a thread on 4chan obviously
>>
>>7648903
You let two birds fuck, and boom you have a dinosaur.

All aves are members of dinosauria.
>>
>>7648903
Hi, I like birds, that one in particular. Thanks.
>>
Let me know when I can have a Brontosaurusburger plzthnks
>>
>>7648903
Step 0: You will need a way kill certain individuals (Guns for example). Also you will need people or technology to help you in your task (a crew).
Step 1: Choose your location. It would be advised to choose a warm island where the birds dont fly off and no new birds arrive. (For example australia)
Step 2: From this day on you and your crew must travel around in your chosen area and kill all the individual birds that resemble a dinosaur the least.
Step 3: Continue with this all your live and choose a reliable successor. After a few generations the first results will be clearly visible.

>>7648941
Pretty much the same as above but with a few changes:
For the location you get yourself a nice coastal area/small island
Buy/catch a big flock of octupuses and build them a nice big enclosure. From then on every indivdual must pass a test or gets killed. This test is to have them on land some time. Initially the time span should be not that long but as time progresses so should this time span.
>>
File: R7QewXv.png (18KB, 324x310px) Image search: [Google]
R7QewXv.png
18KB, 324x310px
>>7649150
You do remember what happened the last time we tried to kill a bunch of birds in Australia.
>>
>>7649153
>>7648888
Choose your foe wisely and you shall be successful
“There are roads which must not be followed, armies which must not be attacked, towns which must not be besieged, positions which must not be contested, commands of the sovereign which must not be obeyed.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
>>
>>7649150
The problem with this is that you would just randomly kill birds, as you would never be able to see wich birds are actually closer to a dinosaur, each would equally look as not-dinosaurous as the others, unless a big change happen at once, which is impossible.
That's why this pseudo artificial selection is ridiculous
>>
>>7649126
go to KFC and order a chicken sandwich, it's pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>7648941
a long, long, long fucking time. The transition between fully aquatic and fully terrestrial is HUGE. Think about marine mammals: most of them have almost completely adapted to aquatic life (live their whole lives in water, give birth in water) but you know what's one BIG adaptation they still don't have? Gills. Because losing their lungs in exchange for gills is a process that would take millions of years and we don't really know exactly how that transition occurs
>>
birds already are dinosaurs
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.