[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 68

File: martin-luther-.jpg (232KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
martin-luther-.jpg
232KB, 1200x1200px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, who although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I the past I have tried to appeal to non-believers by kinda white washing but now, none of that but also be prepared because you might not get the answers you like although they might be true. I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion, but if you do cause trouble, you will be removed from the server.
>.gg/AyQfdQW

Thread: XXIV

Cont of: >>38390602
>>
so why do you think christianity is the correct religion?
>>
>>38709083
Deep question but it's because what Christ said and how true it is to my life. How the disciples of Jesus went on to preach the word of god despite being persecuted and how the bible predicts things which no man could know.

This is the tip of the iceberg, but once you study the history and how the Bible came to us, then you will see that it was preserved and given to us by God.
>>
How do I argue the stuffy Catholics who label me heretical because I believe that faith alone will grant me eternal life everlasting?

Lutheran btw
>>
>>38709241
Great question. I always love discussing these with Catholics and even have a few saved answered for when they come.

For this particular scenario, I bring Ephesian.

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast
Ephesians 2:8-9

It's very clear and get's the point across. But it's better to read what they say so you fully understand and can respond. It's what I do.

Also, try to give me more of a specific example so I can better answer.
>>
kek fug off proddie
>>
>>38709332
Why should I? If there's anything you want to discuss then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
wtf is this, go back to /pol/ autist
>>
File: 1423379405429.jpg (1MB, 1280x821px) Image search: [Google]
1423379405429.jpg
1MB, 1280x821px
Left my Christian faith behind a long time ago. All it did was terrorize my mind and soul.

Now that most of my friends (college) are Christian, I see a lot of pain in them. They believe that they are being attacked by Satan at all times, that they are filthy, degenerate sinners. They desperately seek an imagined savior, youth groups and spiritual guidance, but nothing is working.

Many of them are in therapy, one is on medication.

How do I, as a non-believer, help them? It hurts to see my friends in pain
>>
>>38709353
It's a christian general thread. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>38709367
can you fuck off this board?
>>
File: 1385259558299.gif (370KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
1385259558299.gif
370KB, 490x750px
>Was not raised Christian
>None of my friends or peers were Christian growing up either
>Knew pretty much nothing about it
>Mfw finally hearing about the stuff Christians believe

Do you people believe in Santa Clause too?
>>
>>38709358
>Left my Christian faith behind a long time ago. All it did was terrorise my mind and soul.
It really shouldn't. Perhaps you came at it the wrong way and didn't see how it benefited you. And how in fact it should liberate you instead of terrorising you.
>How do I, as a nonbeliever, help them?
>They believe that they are being attacked by Satan at all times, that they are filthy, degenerate sinners.
Well, the first problem is the sinning. They must first know that out of love God died for their sins, all of them, and if they just believed in Christ and what he did on the cross they would be saved.

>If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9

This should liberate them and make them feel free because God came to set us free and free us from the shackles of slavery that come from those who follow the law.

>So He said to the Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John8:31-32

Actually, could you perhaps tell me in detail why they are depressed and need medication?

>>38709387
Sorry but I'm trying to show people god. Literally!

What do you mean? and what does it have to do with Santa clause?
>>
File: tumblr_mw6dffs3X01qmwidzo1_400.gif (821KB, 380x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw6dffs3X01qmwidzo1_400.gif
821KB, 380x280px
Ranks, from best to worst
>Best: Hegelian Christianity
>Good: non-denominational
>Adequate: Orthodox, traditional Catholic
>
>Meh: Lutheran
>
>
>
>Shit-tier: Anglicanism, non Lutheran Protestant (Baptist, Methodist, etc), Mormonism (implying), Jevohah's Witnesses
>>
>>38709041
If God is all good and all powerful, then why do young kids get cancer and die? Is it a punishment for the parents? Did the kids do something wrong in their short life to deserve a painful death?
>>
>>38709523
>>Shit-tier: Anglicanism, non-Lutheran Protestant (Baptist, Methodist, etc.mormons), Mormonism (implying), Jehovah's Witnesses
I get Jehovah witness Mormons but why has reformed Baptist? We have a high view of scripture and believe in all of it.

t. Reformed Baptist.
>>
>>38709556
I actually answered this in another thread. If you can please be patient and wait as I go try to find it.

Won't take too long.
>>
>>38709556
Here it is: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/36846145/#36847076

Not an exact answer but along the right lines. If it hasn't answered your question, then feel free to ask further, and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>38709041
>christian
>martin luther

go fuck yourself protestant scum fucking heretic
>>
>>38709774
How am I a heretic?
>>
martin luther was a jesuit
jesuits are the illuminati
>>
>>38709420
What do you mean? and what does it have to do with Santa clause?
>>
File: tiresome.png (114KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
tiresome.png
114KB, 500x478px
If people don't like these threads why do they keep coming here and posting? I don't understand. (its anon from discord btw)
>>
File: Raffael_040_%28crop%29.jpg (425KB, 642x948px) Image search: [Google]
Raffael_040_%28crop%29.jpg
425KB, 642x948px
>>38709041
>One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins
Watch it, Luther.
>>
>>38709568
calvinism is why
>>
>>38709332
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
>>
>>38710271
But that's the thing some do. And I try to be as respectful as possible so that they might listen, believe and be saved. I have had people tell me they've enjoyed what I was doing and it made them realise how beautiful God is. They are what motivate me and if I can so much as save one person I would have not only just saved someone's life but their eternity.
>>
>>38710309
Luther was a blessed man and knew the truth of scripture. Thank god he freed us from the rule of the papacy and brought us to the light.

>>38710314
Because it's true and I can prove each part of TULIP from scripture.
>>
>>38710381
>I can prove each part of TULIP from scripture.
But can you do it without any mental gymnastics and taking things out of context?
>>
>>38710381
>Because it's true and I can prove each part of TULIP from scripture.

Everyone says their particular tenets are universal and true and proven.
>>
File: 1496083023160.png (542KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496083023160.png
542KB, 800x800px
>>38710381
a patriarch is better than a pope. but there needs to be some rule to stop people from being heretics and interpreting the bible however they want. thats the main problem with protestants. they think they can do whatever they want whenever and they will always be forgiven because why not.
>>
>>38710521
This guy gets it. Decentralized monotheism becomes malignant quick. Just look at Islam for an example. No defined hierarchs whatsoever.
>>
>>38710472
Sure:

T: Total depravity

>As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; There is no one who understands; no one who seeks God.
Romans 3:10:11

U - Unconditional atonement

Just look at Moses who was a killer before he was saved and Paul who persecuted Christians and the case with Jacob and Esau.

L - Limited atonement.

Compare John 10:15 with Luke 15:4

I - Irresistible grace
P - Perseverance of the saints.

These two can be proven at once.

>And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6
>>
>>38710484
see this original post I made here: >>38710650
>>
>>38710521
>>38710571
No, there doesn't. I have faith in the word of god. I believe that he will never let the truth die. And if an interpretation is truly correct then God will make it be known. There were multiple heresies which existed in the first century such as the Ebionites but where are they now but where are they now? It's foolish to think one authority besides God can know for certain what is in scripture. Anyone with this much power will get corrupted. If you don't believe me then just look at the things, the Catholic church was doing in the time of Luther.
>>
Religion is retarded. I'm sorry but if you believe in magic you're a complete fucking moron
>>
>>38710862
But Christianity is not magic. It's the truth!
>>
>>38710862
>magic
believing in magic is heretic
>>
>>38710910
Christianity is full of magiks aka "miracles" so do other religions as well it's what makes them special.
>>
File: 1500x500.jpg (86KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500x500.jpg
86KB, 1500x500px
>>38710794
in Protestantism, without any authority, people have changed the bible, definitions, and interpretations of things many many times. why else do you think there are so many denominations of it? because there is always some heretic who thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong. so he starts his own church. its ridiculous and it has to stop for the sake of the religion.
>>
>>38709041
Nice server. Thanks for the thread.
>>
>>38711203
Those miracles are not magic but the power of God.

>>38711218
You're welcome!
>>
>>38709041
may I become a monk of any bigger church if I'm not a virgin? and while I'm not a believer I'm fascinated by spirituality and religion, especially its effect on people. if so which church's monastery do you recommend? I was christened a catholic at birth if it matters at all...
>>
>>38711207
Even the early church had the same problem.

<why else do you think there are so many denominations of it?
The inconsistent argument that can also be applied to you as well. The early Catholic church also disagreed on many things especially eschatology. Papius and Justin martyr were premillennialist while but Augustin believed in premillennialism.

Some even disagreed on guardian angels and well as if fallen angels can be redeemed.

So, we see that the scripture is deep and we should be careful when interpreting.

>as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.
2 peter 3:16
>>
>>38711449
I'm a reformed Baptist, and I don't think you need to become a monk what peaks my interest is what you said here:

>I'm not a believer I'm fascinated by spirituality and religion
If you don't mind can you tell me why you feel this way?
>>
>>38709523
What don't you like about anglicanism? I admit low anglicanism and episcapalian aren't my cup of tea but high anglicanism is comfy.
>>
File: Denomination_Timeline.jpg (42KB, 840x364px) Image search: [Google]
Denomination_Timeline.jpg
42KB, 840x364px
>>38711481
the early church stayed as one for more than a thousand years until the great schism. even then they only split into 2 churches: orthodox and catholic. everything went to shit after the refomation.
>>
>>38711528
I don't know really why, I do know since when: since I started reading the blog named Biblicism Institute. I plan on studying the bible, form my opinions, then look at history to see its effects.
>>
>>38711449
well you only have two to choose from, it cant be that hard.
>>
>>38711367
So magical God powers is not magic.
Raising the widow's son is literally necromancy.
>>
I'm curious what christ followers feel about those protesters on campus who yell out to people "slut" "masturbator" etc.
>>
>>38711727
i dont see how they are really helping.
(gas all degenerates though)
>>
>>38711681
There were internal disagreements, but I can list more if you want:

There were even disputes over things that were considered dogma such as the sinlessness of Mary and the rock of Matthew 18.

Also, the rebuke of Peter in the NT had raised some disagreements in the early church fathers such as Agustin who disagreed with Jerome. At don't even get me started on the state of the Catholic church during the time of Luther.

>>38711691
>since I started reading the blog named Biblicism Institute.
Was it anything in particular from that blog?

> I plan on studying the bible, from my opinions, then look at history to see its effects.
You can join my server if you want. We talk about this stuff a lot.

>>38711726
God also takes life and he has the free choice to give it and take it from whoever he wills.

>>38711727
what >>38711810 said
>>
>>38711810
>>38711945
Can I get a complete list of all who fall under the degenerate category, according to God
>>
>>38711945
>>since I started reading the blog named Biblicism Institute.
>Was it anything in particular from that blog?
not really, it was linked once somewhere and I started reading it regularly.

>> I plan on studying the bible, from my opinions, then look at history to see its effects.
>You can join my server if you want. We talk about this stuff a lot.
Thanks, but I need to read up on things first. The last time I read some of the Bible was when I was a child.
>>
>>38712218
Can't give a full list since I can't look into the hearts of men and see who is being sincere or not but the beliefs they must have are

Faith alone
By Christ alone
By faith alone
Through grace alone
And glory to God alone.

That put's them in the non-degeneracy area but doesn't mean they're saved.
>>
>>38712257
>Thanks, but I need to read up on things first. The last time I read some of the Bible was when I was a child.
That's great to hear man! Also, If there's anything you want to discuss then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>38711945
I'm not talking about what God can and can't do. He went up to a dead body and told him get up. I'm just saying that's magical.
>>
>>38712323
Thanks, brother, I'll look forward to your next thread.
>>
>>38712370
>Magic and miracles might mean the same thing to some people, but there is actually a vast difference between the two terms. It is proper to say that Jesus worked miracles, but it would be wrong to attribute His works to magic. Basically, magic and miracles differ in their source: magic has either a human or demonic source, but miracles are a supernatural work of God.

But I see those things as evidence for god's existence. God does these things to let his power known.

>>38712434
If you're going that's coo but we can talk now. I'm still free.
>>
>>38711559
I tend not to respect branches of faith that started because some fat Louis CK looking fuck couldn't leave well enough alone.
>>
>>38712218
Degeneracy is not only in terms of religion. Anyone being wilfully immoral and hedonistic is a degenerate.
>>
>>38709190
>and how the bible predicts things which no man could know.
Lmaooo, ok, entertain me.
>>
>>38709523
Can someone give me the redpill on Hegelian Christianity and what it entails? I want to hear it here first
>>
File: IMG_6614.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6614.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>38709523
>non denominational
What shit church lacking in moral backbone kys autistic.
>mfw 2 love interests were Asian non denominational
>>
>>38712690
Jesus prothesied the fall of the jerusalem temple in 70ad

In approximately 700 BC, the prophet Micah named the tiny village of Bethlehem as the birthplace of Israel's Messiah (Micah 5:2). The fulfillment of this prophecy in the birth of Christ is one of the most widely known and widely celebrated facts in history.

Jeremiah predicted that despite its fertility and despite the accessibility of its water supply, the land of Edom (today a part of Jordan) would become a barren, uninhabited wasteland (Jeremiah 49:15-20; Ezekiel 25:12-14). His description accurately tells the history of that now bleak region.

and much much more!
>>
>>38712732
>https://philosophynow.org/issues/86/Hegels_God

The most condensed version starts at paragraph 5. A lot of it involves challenging the preconception that God is a 'being' in the sense that you understand it.
>>
Question about the bride of Christ. Does that mean we become women when we die? This part confuses me because how can we be the bride if we are men?
>>
>>38712827
err, that's kind of weak anon.
>>
>>38712983
lol, good question and I am happy to answer.

Now in the bible, there is a lot of talk about how God is married to the church. This is to demonstrate the relationship the church IE us, is to have with Christ. First, let's look at Ephesians.

>Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
Eph 5:22

In marriage, the husband is to be the leader and the wife is to follow. Now before you get any ideas about misogyny, you must first understand how the bible tells Christians to view their wives.

>Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
Colossians 3:19

First off the husband must be a good Christian. He is to treat his wife with love and respect unless he is going against the message of the bible. It is to show that the man of the house, who has traditionally been considered the leader, should lead in love and compassion. It was set up this way since the beginning.

>Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created.
Genesis 5:2

Now how does this all link to Christ? Well if we carry on reading in Ephesians then we'll get out answer.

>Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.
Ephesians 5:22-25

Hope that answered your question.
>>
>>38713198

the probability of the last two happening is 1 in 10 to the power of 5 at least and the second 10 to the power of 18.

What would be your standard? What type of proof would convince you?
>>
>>38713350
It did actually thanks anon
>>
>>38713350
Im addicted to porn what do?
>>
>>38709041

god made me an dim witted, autistic, ugly beta male with no hope of finding love or financial success.

what exactly do you think I owe jesus?
>>
File: cross.png (6KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cross.png
6KB, 600x600px
>>38713423
You're welcome! And God bless!
>>
>>38713522
Godbless anon
Ora ora ora
>>
>>38713511
>ugly beta male with no hope of finding love or financial success.
Jesus was unattractive too. If you read the OT prophecies about him, then you'll see that in fact, he was not a very attractive man.

>>38713511
>what exactly do you think I owe Jesus?
Everything! Who gave you your life? Who gave you your hands you used to type this comment? Who gave you your eyes to see with and all the many other blessings you have. You see the human mind operates in such a way that we are more affected by bad experiences as opposed to good experiences that are of the same significances. But you must understand that despite your suffering in this world God has prepared for you, a world in the hereafter that will be so amazing and wonderful that all the sufferings of the past. In there you will feel all of gods love and grace.

Imagine, one earth here we experience some of the God's grace. When we laugh, enjoy playing with friends, get pleasure from eating our favourite foods or even scratching an itch. These are all in fact bits of the grace of God. But in heaven, there will be only this. IN heaven there will be an overwhelming abundance of God's, and all you have to do to obtain this is believe in Christ.

Hope that answered your question.
>>
>>38713743

fuck you, I hope you get gangraped by a coven of satan worshippers
>>
File: jeyzaz.jpg (38KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
jeyzaz.jpg
38KB, 468x240px
MUAAAAHHHHHHHHHH LAWWWWWWRDDD JEYZAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ
>>
File: pentagram.png (99KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
pentagram.png
99KB, 584x584px
>>38709041
sageing for satan
>>
>>38713839
Why you say this? If I made you mad I'm sorry. Also, if there's anything you want to discuss then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

>>38713870
Hey, it's you again. How ya doing? If there's anything you want to discuss then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>38713910
Sorry m8, but satan has no power here.
>>
File: inverted cross (kvlt).jpg (2KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
inverted cross (kvlt).jpg
2KB, 220x200px
HAIL LUCIFER!
HAIL BELIAL!
HAIL LOKI!
>>
>>38713912

you get what you deserve for implying someone should be thankful to god for forcing them them to live as a crucified, broke, ugly and stupid male virgin for the rest of their lives
>>
>>38713839
Rude *super duper original *
>>
File: Leviathen.jpg (50KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathen.jpg
50KB, 850x1200px
In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas, Luciferi Excelsi.
In the Name of Satan, Ruler of the Earth, True God, Almighty and Ineffable, Who hast created man to reflect in Thine own image and likeness, I invite the Forces of Darkness to bestow their infernal power upon me. Open the Gates of Hell to come forth to greet me as your Brother/Sister and friend.

Deliver me O Mighty Satan from all past error and delusion, fill me with truth, wisdom and understanding, keep me strong in my faith and service, that I may abide always in Thee with Praise, Honor and Glory be given Thee forever and ever.
>>
>>38714068
Don't cut yourself on that edge. Origianoli
>>
Bump to repel these faggot devil worshippers
>>
>>38713988
>>38714068
You're gonna regret this. Jesus is lord and is trying to save you!
>>
File: 04815209.jpg (72KB, 526x400px) Image search: [Google]
04815209.jpg
72KB, 526x400px
>>38714108
careful there cristcuck. Yahweh doesn't like it when you swear. stay in line and be a good little cuck.
>>
>>38714203
I bow before none. the serpent messenger is and has always been right. may his power shine through me!
>>
>>38709041
What would I have to do to hear God speak to me directly?

All I want is a few words..even just a word would suffice. Not a whisper, but a booming voice to cement my belief.
>>
>>38714208
>>implying he doesn't forgive
So whats it like sucking the devils cock?
>>
>>38713989
Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner. My computer turned off, but I'm here not to reply.

Now your problem is that you think that our time on this earth is to have everything we want and to be having fun but that's not it. We were put on earth to serve God but freely.

Even if you did live life as a broke, ugly and stupid male virgin, it wouldn't matter. There only going to live max 120+ years but it's about where they spend their eternity.

>Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1 Peter 2:15

>>38714258
>Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
John 20:29
>>
>>38714337
But could I invoke his presence by a strong faith?

Even being 99.9 a believer, wouldn't it be better to be 100% faithful?
>>
>>38714337

I hope your mother gets gangraped by a pack of escaped prisoners and force you to watch.
>>
>>38714316
like I said I bow before none. I follow the teachings of the serpent messenger, the bringer of darkness, the scholar of the unlight. I defy Yahweh and his evil ways. I shant submit to him. Satan wants you to be strong and defy the evil false god Yahweh. He wants you to disentangle yourself from Yahweh's doctrine. He wants you to stand up for yourself and kneel before none. He is the true savior.
>>
>>38714397
>>38714337

Note I'm not trying to shake the belief, just that hearing would be the greatest thing in the world. And would help on the path.
>>
>>38714397
It's not seeing that would make one believe but rather the holy spirit revealing itself to you. A good example of this would be in the story of the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man was taken into hell and Lazarus into heaven. While the rich man was in hell, he asked Abraham if he could allow him to reveal himself to his sons but this was not granted. The reason being was because even if someone was raised from the dead and was revealed to them, they would not have believed or had true faith. So it's not seeing that would give you faith but the spirit so what I would recommend is that you should read the gospel and get a personal relationship with him then maybe God just might reveal himself to you the way you wish.

>>38714485
Please no bully.
>>
The (((Serpent messenger))) is one of the crulest beings in existence
>>
>>38714253
Christ died for your sins and is seeking to save you.
>>
>>38709041
>>>38714337
>
>I hope your mother gets gangraped by a pack of escaped prisoners and force you to watch.
Why are you so angry bud?
>>
>>38714546

so you can imply that god can force me to live a shitty, unwanted, misserable unfulfilling life and send me to hell for not saying thank you but I cant say mean things about you or your mommy
>>
>>38714586
i think this was meant for you anon-kun: >>38714485
>>
I don't even know what I'm supposed to do at this point.I don't know what should be my authority, what do I need to do to not perish, but have everlasting life. Every church has something possibly wrong that makes me unable to trust.

>Cathdoxes say that the Eucharist is required to be saved
>but the Bible says many times that we're saved by believing
>so if you don't believe that we're saved by faith only, you go to Hell

on the other hand

>Evangelicals say that we just need to believe to be saved
>it's proved that the Church Fathers and Early Christians were receiving the Eucharist
>so if you don't receive the Eucharist, you go to Hell

I have similar problem with the authority when it comes to my beliefs

>Cathdoxes have unbiblical doctrines that have no way of being proven
>therefore the BIble should be the only authority and source of doctrines

but

>most evidence claims that the Bible was canonized by the Catholic Church
>Early Church had several doctrines that can't be proven by the Bible but had them back in the II century which suggests that they may have been in the Church since its beginning
>therefore the Tradition should also be a source of doctrines

There are way more examples like this

Whenever I want to finally subscribe to a branch of Christianity I someone tells me that I'll go to hell. I even almost killed myself because I was sure that I'd go to hell anyway for not following the right way to be saved. I just want to be saved and be sure that it's the right way.
>>
>>38714626
>so you can imply that God can force me to live a shitty, unwanted, miserable unfulfilling life and send me to hell for not saying thank
God doesn't send people to hell you send yourself to hell.

>but I can't say mean things about you or your mommy
You are down playing how serious sin is. This is an act against an omnipotent, immortal god not just some bloke from across the road. It's justice being served.
>>
Why do you believe in sola fide when the Bible puts so much emphasis on living a morally good life? If "one enters into heaven through faith alone," then does that mean I can rape and murder and steal but as long as I believe in Jesus, I'm set for eternity?
t. lapsed catholic
>>
File: anglicanism.jpg (102KB, 720x853px) Image search: [Google]
anglicanism.jpg
102KB, 720x853px
>>38709041
>Christian General
>Martin Luther Cover
Protestant general you mean.
>>
>>38714711
>If "one enters into heaven through faith alone," then does that mean I can rape and murder and steal but as long as I believe in Jesus, I'm set for eternity?
Good question. I enjoy answering these questions all the time and will be posting my reply shortly since it's gonna be kinda long. Please bare with me.
>>
>>38714711
They believe in Sola Fide by ignoring James' epistle, and the first 1500 years of Christian history.
>>
>>38714705

so if someone makes fun of you its an act against god?

you are fucking delusional

Just because you get to live an easy, unchallenged life with no crippling flaws doesnt mean you get to pass judgement on others especially if those people were cursed by god since birth through no fault of their own

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming

read that before you try and convert people who dont have it as good as you
>>
>>38714754
No he means Christian general,not idol worshipper general
>>
>>38714699
The only way to heaven is through faith alone. This is an undeniable truth of scripture.

>For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast

I have in fact looked into those other arguments and have found them to be faulty. If you want a strong reason to believe in what you do, then I'd suggest that you research. WIth knowledge, you have a stronger foundation. A lot of modern Christian scholars, in fact, deny the Eucharist. It goes against biblical teachings.

Any further questions you have feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>38714754
Protestantism is true Christianity though.
>>
ora pro nobis Lucifer. I will sacrifice a goat to you today.
>>
What did the devil even do that was so bad, he punishes people who commit sins and the devil never killed anyone but God has killed countless people
>>
>>38714807
>so if someone makes fun of you its an act against god?

Yes, and why is that delusional? God has a law, and that is to love God and each other and now you must obey that.

>And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself.
Matthew 22:7-9

>Just because you get to live an easy, unchallenged life with no crippling flaws doesn't mean you get to pass judgement on others especially if those people were cursed by god since birth through no fault of their own

>Implying I wasn't bullied in school
>Implying I have friends
>implying I don't have depression
>Implying I never struggle with suicide

hey, dude, I'm not perfect either, but I know that my suffering won't be for long because christ has died for my sins and has a place much better than anything on earth stored for me up in heaven.
>>
>>38714991
Satan likes sinners. He hates the Jesus cucks. Satan is bro. The only thing he did was prank Adam and Eve and then Yahweh flipped his shit.
>>
Is going to a church a requirement for being a christian?
>>
God isn't real, prove me wrong
>>
>>38715083
nah you can be a cuck even without the church
>>
>>38714991
He went against god and thus was a sinner. Nothing unclean can enter into heaven.

Also, let me take away this myth that the devil is somehow the ruler of hell. He isn't! No one rules all. Even the devil is in there suffering and being tortured. it's not a fun time for anyone.
>>
I am he who shall worship the church of whores until my dick is raw and when I die I shall drive my dick into the ass of Jesus, I am the almighty.
>>
>>38715053
Also, if I believe, like truely believe, would I still be forgiven for suicide? I really don't want to live anymore. I'm done with it all. Is it too much to ask to go to the light sooner rather than later?
>>
>>38715090
I posted this in a thread to prove god exists.

>Think of it this way. Imagine there was a door that needed to be open before you could enter a room. But before you could enter it you had to ask the person behind you, may I open this door? Then before that person could give you a response, he had to ask the person behind him if he has permission to allow you to allow the other person in front of him to open the door. Now imagine this went on for an eternity, would the first person ever be able to open the door?

Now I say the same for the universe if there always had to be a cause would there ever be a time when anything in creation could have been created? There had to be an uncaused first cause to swing that door open without permission, and I believe that it was God who swung that door and opened the gates to this realm of reality.

Thoughts?
>>
>>38715053

after the escaped prisoners are done raping your mother I hope they nut all over your bible and shove it up your ass
>>
I was raised christian but I can't not call myself agnostic because I don't give a single fuck about religion.
>>
>>38715133
desu god seems like a cunt
>>
>>38714914
>A lot of modern Christian scholars, in fact, deny the Eucharist. It goes against biblical teachings.

Then why were Early Christians were receiving it and teaching about it? And how does it go agains biblical teachings?
>>
File: historia ecclesiastica.png (28KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
historia ecclesiastica.png
28KB, 640x400px
>>38714942
>>38714833
Yes of course brothers :^)
>>
>>38715156
where does god come from? there was obviously something before god
>>
>>38714711
Here: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37936148/#q37936989
>>
>>38715166
Were you diddled when you were little anon?
>>
>>38715250

I wish, then maybe when people ask why im an ugly pathetic male virgin i can say its not true Ive gotten action before
>>
>>38715302
I don't unnderstand why you're so mad at OP then
>>
Hello my children, I have made a 4chan because it seems to be the only way I can communicate with ye. I wish to let all of you know how disappointed I am in you faggots, like seriously get a life or else I shall make sure you all die virgins. Amen
>>
>>38715083
No, faith is the requirement but read this: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37936148/#q37936989

>>38715151
no bully

>>38715153
Well, if you commit suicide then that doesn't really look good on you as a Christian. See: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37936148/#q37936989

>>38715170
How so? He's doing what is just.
>>
>>38715355

hes basically saying that god can shit on a plate, grab me by the head and force me to eat it and then i have to thank him for it afterwards or else I'm a bad person

and he gets to do this to me over and over again for the rest of my life
>>
>>38715175
Yes, but a lot of ealry church fathers also had a lot of disagreements.
The early Catholic church disagreed on many things especially eschatology. Papius and Justin martyr were premillennialist while but Augustin believed in premillennialism.

Some even disagreed on guardian angels and well as if fallen angels can be redeemed.

There were even disputes over things that were considered dogma such as the sinlessness of Mary and the rock of Matthew 18.

Also, the rebuke of Peter in the NT had raised some disagreements in the early church fathers such as Agustin who disagreed with Jerome. At don't even get me started on the state of the Catholic church during the time of Luther.
>>
>>38715196
see this: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37936148/#q37936989

>>38715198
Good question. You see the difference between God and the universe is that the universe had a beginning, but God did not. God was always there and so does not need a creator. He always has been and always will be, and so we are to be in awe of him.

>>38715359
Don't impersonate god, please.
>>
>>38715175
So basically don't make anything your authority when believing in what's in the bible but let the scripture be what guides your interpretation.
>>
>>38715465
Every Christian before Martin Luther from the first century on disagreed with the Protestant interpretation of the texts.
>>
>>38715390
Having a little faith changes your life anon,im a 21yr old kissless virgin with rotten teeth we're not all brad pitt,And i know life can get hard sometimes man but this life don't matter the next one is gonna be so much better and all you gotta do is have faith to get there.
>>
What is the reason why a church exists? Is it formed because of our faith to God, or did God specifically commanded his children to go to one?
>>
>>38715557

I dont want this life, i dont want a next life.
>>
>>38715530
Clement of Rome c 30-100
And we Christians too being called by His will in Christ Jesus are not justified by ourselves nor by our own wisdom or understanding or godliness or works which we have wrought in holiness of heart but by that faith through which from the beginning Almighty God has justified all men to whom be glory for ever and ever Amen

Didymus the Blind c 313-398
a person is saved by grace not by works but by faith There should be no doubt but that faith saves and then lives by doing its own works so that the works which are added to salvation by faith are not those of the law but a different kind of thing altogether

Hilary of Poitiers c 315-67 on Matthew 20:7
Wages cannot be considered as a gift because they are due to work but God has given free grace to all men by the justification of faith
>>
Why should I accept Christianity before any other faith like Hinduism, Islam, or Judaism?
>>
>>38715947
>I cherry pick statements that don't contradict what I've said
Sola Fide is not taught by those men.
>>
>>38715568
Well, all the church is the body of the believers. All believers make up the church, and it just represents the group of people who believe in Christ. The actual building is to celebrate Christ being resurrected on the first day of the week, hence why we worship on Sundays. But really one shouldn't just go church on Sunday then live the rest of their lives like God doesn;t exist. Always be in work.

>>38716049
Do you know who Clement of Rome is? And also, look at the dating. I only chose these because there were so much, so I just pick the earliest.
>>
>>38716084
Again you are posting cherry picked quotes. Same as the people that ignore the quotes about the efficacy of the Eucharist, and post quotes of the fathers speaking of it's symbolism to prove they only taught the one thing. Catholics do not deny any justification by faith.
>>
File: 1371499751981.png (192KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1371499751981.png
192KB, 500x375px
>God loves us
>Makes me schizophrenic
Thanks god, you're the best absent father I ever had
>>
>>38716003
The way I see it is this. Let's say you're trying to find the sum of 1+1, later on; you find it to be 2, would you then look somewhere else for an answer? No. You have already found the answer here so why look anywhere else. This is how I see Christianity, it is the truth, and there is no need for me to look anywhere else because I have already found the truth here.
>>
So, if one doesn't go to church does that means that he is not celebrating the resurrection of christ? For example, if for any reason, you can't attend a church(and, I mean this for a really long time, perhaps even in your whole life). What should that person do?
>>
>>38716116
>Again you are posting cherry picked quotes.
Although I do have much more early church father quotes and in fact, our earliest church father, being Clement, even professed this isn't enough for you. Even though in Ephesians it says

>For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast

But I'll let that slide. This just proves that you cannot rely too much on early church fathers for your conclusion when reading the bible since they can be inconsistent.

The early Catholic church disagreed on many things especially eschatology. Papius and Justin martyr were premillennialist while but Augustin believed in premillennialism.

But what I tell you is what I'll say to all Christian. Let the bible be your sole authority. Let it guide you. Pray read and meditate on the word of god and have hope that Christ will reveal himself to you as you read.
>>
>>38709041
Fuck Christianity. Believe in yourself.
>>
>>38716121
see what this anon wrote here m80: >>38714337

>>38716226
Never feel as though you're too far from God. As we learn from the parable of the prodigal son we see that even when the son went out and was at his worst, the father still waited for him. Even if you haven't been to church in a while go now. It's Sunday, and you have time.

Also, there is no reason for you not to be going church. Now that we have become Christians we have denied ourselves and given our lives to the Lord and are now working for him.

>Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it
Matthew 24:24-25
>>
Last question OP, what can a social autist do to worship God?
>>
>>38716332
Why do you hate christianity? If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>38716294
I know you have quotes. You can quote mine anything you retard.
>>
File: 13316803471540.jpg (24KB, 464x317px) Image search: [Google]
13316803471540.jpg
24KB, 464x317px
>>38716434
Lol no. I tried the god shit for like 12 years. It never got better. Your God has abandoned us, and all robots.
>>
>>38716186
From the perspective of someone who has never been religious, the answer could lots of different things. It could be that religion explains why we exist or it could be that the answer is that there is no answer at all and that the question doesn't even make sense to begin with. It could also be explained through things like mythology or fiction. So why should Christianity be the first place that I turn to when looking for meaning? From the perspective of an outsider, it just doesn't make sense to believe in Christianity when there are so many other equally plausible explanations out there.
>>
>>38716437
Try to make God more of a central part of your life. Don't be like these other people who go church on Sunday then forget about God later. It may take time but take it in steps. Start by praying before going to bed. It'll be awkward at first but don't worry you'll get used to it. Then maybe before you eat start going church and let the spirit guide you from there.

>>38716480
Sorry if I angered you. What seems to be the problem?
>>
>>38716523
Can I ask you a favour? Can you just read Romans 5 and Romans 10? If you do then come back. Maybe today maybe tomorrow but just come back.
>>
File: 596072626401376.png (217KB, 1885x768px) Image search: [Google]
596072626401376.png
217KB, 1885x768px
>>38709041

does he have a point?

originalao
>>
>>38716586
>So why should Christianity be the first place that I turn to when looking for meaning?
It's history and influence of the culture that we live in. The fact that the first people who professed this belief were willing to lay down their lives for a belief they were perpetuating. Did they make it up? Did they lie? Who would die for a lie and how did this little religion which was at times considered a weird sect of Christianity gain its influence to today? There must be more to it.
>>
File: 1407261951764.png (67KB, 331x304px) Image search: [Google]
1407261951764.png
67KB, 331x304px
>>38716650
Nope. Your book of lies has been my crutch once in the past, but when I spoke with "God" he put me in a psych ward and filled me with Aripiprozol. When I got on meds, god stopped talking to me.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself for trying to lure vulnerable people into a system that threatens them
>>
>>38716670
A lot to answer there but read Isaiah 53. I think it's known to some jews as the forbidden chapter or something.
>>
>>38716791
>when I spoke with "God" he put me in a psych ward and filled me with Aripiprazole.

How are you sure it was God?

>Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is already in the world at this time
1 John 4:1-3

>You ought to be ashamed of yourself for trying to lure vulnerable people into a system that threatens them
How do we threaten people?
>>
File: 1387595177118.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1387595177118.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>38716891
It wasn't God. It was one of my voices that was speaking to me.

And you tempt vulnerable people into spiritual slavery. You threaten them with eternal damnation. You drill into their heads that The Great Deceiver is lurking around every corner. You are vile people, and if your god was real he would not approve.

Your religion is stumbling towards the grave in the west. Your congregation is aging and degenerate. You have nothing to offer but pain.
>>
>>38716739
By that line of logic Islam seems like it would be the superior choice. In today's world you see more people making great sacrifices in the name of Allah/Islam/Mohammad. The Arab caliphates of the old world functioned with Islam as their societal basis. Billions of people still follow Islam so it seems like a better choice to me.
>>
>>38716797

https://outreachjudaism.org/gods-suffering-servant-isaiah-53/
>>
File: Bertrand-Russell-1951-014.jpg (511KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Bertrand-Russell-1951-014.jpg
511KB, 2560x1536px
>Believing in god
>Not believing in yourself, your fellow man, and the spirit of mankind
>Not worshipping at the altar that your own two hands have built
>Not fighting back against the uncaring universe, screaming into the cold black that you are alive, you are human, and you are burning

*looks disapprovingly in your direction*
>>
>>38716994
You act as if your nihilistic trash is better.
>>
Chr*stAnon? Do you believe prophets or people with constant supernatural encounters exist? Do you think everything happens for a reason no matter how coincidental or outrageous? Or do you believe any deity-like experiences (by mortals), are pure happenstance?
>>
>>38709041
Damn you must be lucky living in the right time and place where the most popular religion also happens to be the exact one that's true out of all of the others. Damn What a lucky guy you are! Without it your life would probably be horrible! You would have to form your own thoughts about reality and would have to find the meaning of your life yourself! Thank GOD that this handy religion is being shoveled down our throats at a young age! Damn that's lucky!
>>
>>38716994
>It wasn't God. It was one of my voices that was speaking to me.
Same thing. Test the spirit. Is it truly from God if it caused you harm?

>You threaten them with eternal damnation.
No, hell is not a threat. See it more as you're in a burning building and God is the fireman trying to save you. The thing is, if you believe in Christ then you have nothing to fear. Christ has already done the work for you on the cross so how can you add on to that. God frees you, and all you have to do to be saved is believe, and that's it!

>Your religion is stumbling towards the grave in the west.
Yes, but it was all predicted by scripture.

>"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
Matthew 7:13
>>
File: 1470703584212.jpg (25KB, 417x373px) Image search: [Google]
1470703584212.jpg
25KB, 417x373px
>>38717130
Fuck off normie.

>>38717160
>God makes me schizo, ruins my life, destroys my career, relationships and passions
>He loves you so much anon! And yeah he made hell and it is a place of eternal suffering and torment, and basically most of mankind is going there, but he still love you teehee
>If you're not convinced yet, here are some lies from my big ol book of lies

You people are agents of evil. You tell this to children
>>
>>38717001
Yes, but Islam directly tries to refute Christianity. The very religion with the faithful history followers and the truth. As long as you prove Christ was god or any christian belief their entire religion falls. We have writings from Paul in the year 50 claiming the deity of Christ. How can Muslims deny such an ancient strand of belief and say that our scriptures are corrupted?
>>
>>38717158
Yeah. Being the among the religions that's the most oppressed by other religious extremists, and athiests, and the government, sure is lucky!
>>
>>38717141
>Do you believe prophets or people with constant supernatural encounters exist?
Yes, absolutely.

>Do you think everything happens for a reason no matter how coincidental or outrageous?
To some extent yes.

>Or do you believe any deity-like experiences (by mortals), are pure happenstance?
Nope, although some can be.
>>
>>38709358
A lot of the pain I feel in life is only relieved through faith. It goes to show you some people really have different experiences with religion
>>
>search for rose thread
>it's this shit instead

K.
>>
>>38717239
>muh worlds largest religion is oppressed

christcucks literally believe the most retarded shit.
>>
File: Assburger.png (322KB, 450x532px) Image search: [Google]
Assburger.png
322KB, 450x532px
>>38717239
>Those darn athesits in the gubermint teechin dat ebolution in the skools, dis is like anuda crucifixin!
>>
>>38717239
>Could you please stay out of our goverments and not force your believes onto others? thanks.
>Stop oppressing me!! REEEEEE
>>
File: wew.jpg (400KB, 1272x1152px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
400KB, 1272x1152px
>>38717239
>Most opressed religion is Christianity
And you wonder why the modern world doesn't take you seriously anymore
>>
>>38717222
>if I don't hate everything I'm a normie
You deserve everything you got you ingrate
>>
File: tenor2.gif (537KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tenor2.gif
537KB, 300x300px
>>38717359

so because he is mad about being born with a mental illness, he deserves his mental illness?
>>
>>38717325
>>38717280
Try to even mentioning christ without getting ridiculed. Then come back.
>>
>>38717359
I want the normies to leave. Why are you here?
>>
File: 1403357110548.jpg (160KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1403357110548.jpg
160KB, 730x1095px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 1
>>
File: 1497899411049.jpg (65KB, 720x543px) Image search: [Google]
1497899411049.jpg
65KB, 720x543px
>ITT
>christian normies born into lucky circumstances with easy unchallenged lives who believe in just world fallacy berate and harrass robots
>just another day in the r9k
>>
File: u srs nigger.png (42KB, 115x169px) Image search: [Google]
u srs nigger.png
42KB, 115x169px
>>38717459
>Hey guys I believe in Jesus!!!
>*crickets*

I knew Christfags were delusional, but this is a new level.

>>38717506
Shoo shoo goat fucker
>>
>>38717506
>that bait image
Who made that?
>>
>>38717437
No, that's reasonable. The fact that he spergs out because his life isn't perfect and blames a religion for all his problems and insults it is the reason why he deserves it.
>>
File: 1403727094717.jpg (328KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1403727094717.jpg
328KB, 730x1095px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 2
>>
File: 1343414978298.png (169KB, 234x355px) Image search: [Google]
1343414978298.png
169KB, 234x355px
>>38709041
>One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that?

Damn, you're right. How do Catholic theologians respond to this?
>>
File: 1411846296414.jpg (177KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1411846296414.jpg
177KB, 707x1131px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 3
>>
>>38717228
How does an old scripture prove that the words in the bible are the truth. That would make something like Judaism or Hinduism much more valid than Christianity. Also your logic would mean that the irrefutable proof of evolution or the proof of a heliocentric planetary model disproves the validity of the Christian religion.
>>
File: 1411846703245.jpg (178KB, 1114x717px) Image search: [Google]
1411846703245.jpg
178KB, 1114x717px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 4
>>
>>38717464
I'm here because just because you don't like my beliefs doesn't mean I'm a normie. I'm just trying to enjoy a thread without you shiting it up. So if this thread upsets you then leave.
>>
>>38717525

and you get to be the one that unilaterally decides he gets to suffer, what a coincidence!
>>
>>38717158
>Damn you must be lucky living in the right time and place where the most popular religion also happens to be the exact one that's true out of all of the others
If the spirit of God guides you, you will find God regardless of your location. But still, you still have the responsibility to think and consider other world views.

>Thank GOD that this handy religion is being shovelled down our throats at a young age! Damn, that's lucky!
Not really. Especially in recent times, christians are being forced to recant their beliefs. If a Christian so much as say "my religion doesn't allow that" they are considered evil and intolerant. Now things such as homosexuality and trans sexuality are being forced down our throats, and we must sit back and watch until risk being called bigots.

>God makes me schizo, ruins my life, destroys my career, relationships and passions
Don't worry too much your gift will be eternal and in heaven if you believe.

>Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1 Peter 2:15

>>He loves you so much anon! And yeah he made hell and it is a place of eternal suffering and torment, and basically, most of mankind is going there, but he still love you teehee

No, hell is not a threat. See it more as you're in a burning building and God is the fireman trying to save you. The thing is, if you believe in Christ then you have nothing to fear. Christ has already done the work for you on the cross so how can you add on to that. God frees you, and all you have to do to be saved is believe, and that's it!

>>If you're not convinced yet, here are some lies from my big ol book of lies
What lies have I said?
>>
>>38717459
Every time someone says they're atheists the fedora images come out. Stop getting off on your victim complex and learn to handle the bantz.
>>
File: 1420864382703.jpg (190KB, 1237x582px) Image search: [Google]
1420864382703.jpg
190KB, 1237x582px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 5
>>
>>38717635
Fuck off and quit spiritually terrorizing people
>>
>>38717513
>Harrass robots
Are you retarded? You clicked on this thread with your own free will. You're harassing yourself by wasting your own time posting here.
>>
>>38717545
Because James says that faith without works is dead
>>
File: 1401686951679.png (99KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
1401686951679.png
99KB, 295x300px
>>38717669
>All this shit

Reminder that it is PERFECTLY possible to be all of those positive things without believing in sand gods. ESPECIALLY if you're trying to "peacefully" integrate into a culture that doesn't worship your sand god
>>
File: 1447920951818.jpg (144KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1447920951818.jpg
144KB, 1024x683px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 6
>>
>>38713413
Maybe something happening within the last 1000 years?
>>
>>38717720

theres a whole board that specializes in ghost stories, its called /x/
>>
File: 1449338774669.jpg (201KB, 798x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1449338774669.jpg
201KB, 798x1002px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 7
>>
>>38717659
>If the spirit of God guides you, you will find God regardless of your location
That's weird. Did the spirit of god sleep the thousands of years when humans were around but no one pray to the judeo-christian god? Talk about wrong timing.
>>
>>38717650
Sure, why not
*originaroli*
>>
>>38717274
This is a very kek moment indeed.

>>38717513
read>>38715053

>>38717596
Islams main argument is that the teaching of the Bible has been corrupted, but we have apostolic authority. Testimonies from people who met Jesus and were willing to lay down their lives for this belief. A belief that happened the only a couple decades after. Do you have enough faith to say that the early disciples, which the Quran says were all Muslims, were failures when they tried their best to bring the gospel to us today?

>Also your logic would mean that the irrefutable proof of evolution or the proof of a heliocentric planetary model disproves the validity of the Christian religion.
Not necessarily. Some Christians, in fact, believ that the scripture can be harmonised with science and some even believe in evolution.

>>38717747
What do you mean? I guess and that was the fulfilment of prophecy.
>>
>>38717666
I don't mean on 4chan, everything on here is pretty much bantz
>>
File: 1471566888090.jpg (252KB, 816x979px) Image search: [Google]
1471566888090.jpg
252KB, 816x979px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 8
>>
>>38717780
No, even then people were being saved. Things such as the trinity and God coming in the form of man didn't become clear to them. But still, they were saved as long as they believe what was necessary. That there was one god and he was the only way to salvation.

I mean how were Abraham and other people considered righteous before Christ died on the cross.
>>
>>38717691
>spiritualy terrorizing
That's a funny way of saying you're triggered.
>>
File: 1473565963960.jpg (23KB, 480x350px) Image search: [Google]
1473565963960.jpg
23KB, 480x350px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 9
>>
File: 1397949444870.jpg (104KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1397949444870.jpg
104KB, 500x436px
>>38717848
Nobody is oppressing you faggot. The only thing that's happening is that people are losing interest.

>>38717878
Who makes this dumb shit?
>>
>>38717878
>>38717775
>>38717669
>>38717603
>>38717556
>>38717528
>>38717506
>>38717921
>Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6
>>
File: christ chan bed.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
christ chan bed.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>38717775
>>38717878

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwhq31Vj0aU
>>
>>38717887
What about our early ancestors who believed in animal deities long before god came around and all those polytheistic religions?
>>
>>38717758
This board is for original posts. That's it. Stop pretending that this is a suicidal fedora tipper circlejerk.
>>
File: allah_makes_you_beautiful.jpg (44KB, 300x372px) Image search: [Google]
allah_makes_you_beautiful.jpg
44KB, 300x372px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 10
>>
File: 1444297000392.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1444297000392.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>38717931
>>38717921
>>38717878
>>38717775
>>38717736
>Christfags and goatfuckers going at it over who's fairytale is correct by throwing lines from fairytales at each other

Normally you need to pay for this kind of entertainment
>>
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 11
>>
File: a47.jpg (48KB, 430x637px) Image search: [Google]
a47.jpg
48KB, 430x637px
>>38717966
>Stop pretending that this is a suicidal fedora tipper circlejerk

Just leave faggot.
>>
>>38718014
I get it! It's funny because muzzies are usually under investigation by the FBI
>>
>>38717953
In fact, to answer that I don't know Well, I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if they did enter hell. I mainly refer to Noah and the global flood. Not everyone in the world heard but even those Noah didn't warn were swept by the wave. The water didn't move past them or anything but took them too.
>>
File: cant_liberate_the_free.jpg (225KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
cant_liberate_the_free.jpg
225KB, 730x1095px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 12
>>
>>38718059
>I wouldn't be surprised if they did enter hell

wow. just wow.
>>
File: 1482258384286.png (136KB, 835x508px) Image search: [Google]
1482258384286.png
136KB, 835x508px
>>38717922
That's right goyim, the media, government, and international corporation's are completely neutral on the topic of religion. They would never try to convince you to leave your faith!
>>
>>38717836
If God tells us in the Bible that the world was created in seven days and that he brought all beings into existence, then how can people believe in the theory of evolution while simultaneously being a Christian without directly challenging the word of god. At the same time, God says the earth is unmoving.

1 Chronicles 16:30: Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Therefore according to the word of God as stated in the Bible, the earth does not move and the sun/moon/stars all must move around it. You cannot agree with modern science if you truly believe the word of God.
>>
File: did_you_know_04_by_nayzakd5s6x53.jpg (288KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
did_you_know_04_by_nayzakd5s6x53.jpg
288KB, 1280x853px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 13
>>
File: R E V I E W B R A H.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
R E V I E W B R A H.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>38718059
>Christianity doesn't exist yet, but people who haven't heard of it went to hell
>Almighty God mercifully drowned the whole of humanity, even those who didn't know him
>It's likely that among the people he killed in the flood, there were pregnant women and children
wew lad

>>38718093
>Why aren't my retarded beliefs supported by science??
>Why isn't this secular government promoting my special brand of retardation????
I wonder
>>
>>38718020
But that's the thing, you can't make me leave because I'm not breaking any of this boards rules. (Hurting your feelings isn't against the rules.)
>>
>>38718078
I did say I don't know. But then again the more you know the more you're accountable for.

>The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.
Deut 29:29
>>
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 14
>>
>>38718157
also see what I wrote here anon-kun: >>38718173
>>
File: gender_equity_in_islam.jpg (127KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
gender_equity_in_islam.jpg
127KB, 730x1095px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 15
>>
>>38718157
I didn't say "promote" or "support". I said neutral. Which is not what any of those establishments are. You're a fool if you think they aren't working hard to do everything in their power to subvert and destroy religion.
>>
>>38709041
Why are you christian rather than, say, a sikh?
>>
File: 1466100642635.jpg (502KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1466100642635.jpg
502KB, 1000x1200px
>>38718196
If, by knowing christ, we are unwillingly entered into a contract that we MIGHT end up in hell over, it is better that we not know him. You've probably heard this story a thousand times, but I find it relevant

>A priest and an eskimo were sitting in a bar one night, and the eskimo asks the priest:
>"Father, if I do not know god and sin, will I go to hell?"
>The priest answers: 'No, you would not, if you did not know of god.'
>And then the eskimo says "So why did you tell me?"
>>
File: hijab.jpg (124KB, 475x800px) Image search: [Google]
hijab.jpg
124KB, 475x800px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 16
>>
>>38718132
Are people actually this deluded?
>>
>>38718126
>If God tells us in the Bible that the world was created in seven days and that he brought all beings into existence
That would be what we call a literal translation of the Bible. Too literal in fact. It's not too odd to actually say that the whole Genesis account was, in fact, a metaphor and not to be taken literally. Agustin also argues this point before modern day science. There are also gaps in the creation story which might imply that they weren't literal 24 hour periods but over a large span of time.

>1 Chronicles 16:30: Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

The claim seems to have an underlying assumption that it is impossible to be "fixed" and "immovable" and yet orbit around the sun. But the fact is, the earth has proven itself to be fixed and immovable. The earth is fixed and immovable in relation to its orbit around the sun. Have you ever known the earth to "unfix" itself and "move" itself out of its orbit around the sun? It doesn't happen because the earth is fixed and immovable in relation to its orbit around the sun so this reading isn't too far off.
>>
>>38714068
Ave Satanas
>>
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 17
>>
>>38718286
Thanks for this question. Read this and the following replies:>>38716003 The exact same question was asked, and I get this question so many times.

>>38718312
This issue is kind of a double edged sword. If you believe that those who don't hear go to hell, then people get angry, but if you say they all go heaven, the people say "then don't tell anyone.

But still, I believe that they go hell most likely.

>For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20-21
>>
File: 656587644867.jpg (182KB, 350x490px) Image search: [Google]
656587644867.jpg
182KB, 350x490px
>was isolated atheist
>started looking into religion and reconnecting with my faith
>start praying to God to save me from robothood
>prayers actually start being answered
>life starting to get on track, but still racked with doubt and frustration
>heard you can ask Our Lady for intercession
>start sending petitions to her
>inner life instantly transforms
>prayers answered even more, sometimes almost instantly
>more faithful than ever and life is starting to improve

If the Mother of God can't hear our petitions, doesn't intercess on our behalf, and isn't closer to God, then how do you explain this?

Her fervent prayers are more powerful than any earthly prayer.

Maybe non-believers should try asking for her intercession at least once. There can't be any harm in it.
>>
>>38718349
You know the bible NEVER references hell, right?

inb4 "dude Gehenna lmao", Gehenna was a metaphor for general shittiness, as the valley called Gehenna was the garbage dump outside of Jerusalem. Therefore, how do you support the idea of hell existing, when it is never mentioned in the bible, old or new testament?
>>
ChristAnon, if the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ, then what happened to the souls of all those who were born before Jesus came to earth? Am I to believe that all my ancestors, up until a certain point in time, went to Hell by default for the crime of simply existing?
>>
File: 1501031684839s.jpg (2KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1501031684839s.jpg
2KB, 125x120px
Gtfo religious brainlets, there is no proof of any kind of god and that those arent some made up stories like in thousands of other religions.
>>
>>38718527
That is by far and away the most hilarious rationalisation I have ever seen.
>I believe in Christianity because I believe in Christianity.
Fuck off tautologist.
>>
>>38718579
How about Sheol in the OT and Hades in the NT?

Also, the bible doesn't talk about heaven and hell but only as you said Gehenna. This is a resting place of the souls until the days of judgement. All souls go into there. But in the NT we see that there is a chasm that splits Hades. A good example of this would be the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. But after judgement day that is when we will actually enter into the house of the Lord.
>>
>>38718618
Nope, this this anon-kun: >>38717887
>>
What happens if people kill themselves?
>>
>>38718642
>I believe in Christianity because I believe in Christianity.
When did I make that statement?
>>
>>38718062
GET OUT OF MY IMAGEBOARD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
File: image_19.jpg (490KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image_19.jpg
490KB, 1000x1500px
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 18
>>
>>38718671
Well, if you commit suicide then that doesn't really look good on you as a Christian. See: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37936148/#q37936989
>>
>>38718701
Hey, wanna chat? I'm free at the moment.
>>
File: 92309123124.png (755KB, 1280x830px) Image search: [Google]
92309123124.png
755KB, 1280x830px
I don't believe in God, but I can assure you that I'll give my life to recover the Holy Land.

DEUS VULT
>>
>>38718647
A few vague pointers which lead you to a specific conclusion, when they are simply too nebulous for anything to be reliably deduced from. If the Bible were a "Holy Book", and if God wants people to be Christians, then why doesn't he just SAY these things in the bible, rather than leave them up to a trillion alternate interpretations?
>>
>>38718634
Yes, there is. Even prophecies have been fulfilled. see: >>38712827
>>
File: 1499789766742.jpg (38KB, 507x459px) Image search: [Google]
1499789766742.jpg
38KB, 507x459px
>man has walked on the moon and is charting his journeys to beyond the stars to find more inhabitable planets
>man has created mechanical enhancements that can restore a missing limb or a ruined eye
>neural networks spell the future of mega artificial intelligence
>man has split the atom and scorched himself with nuclear holocaust
>and there are still those who insist that their deity created everything and that their invisible deity is the real one and not one of the other thousands of made up deities

We'd probably all be cyborgs by now if not for you ignorant fuckers holding back advancement. Feel free to slit your wrists and join your epic sky God anytime.
>>
>>38718349
The earth is literally moving in a circle around the sun. That's what orbiting is,
>>
>>38718665
So you're saying God is an utter dickhead then? That he condemns people to eternal torment for just being born? Unless you're one of those crazies who believe that mono-theism is the default state?
>>
File: 1497977402846.png (130KB, 1080x778px) Image search: [Google]
1497977402846.png
130KB, 1080x778px
>Die dirty hippy commie scum Christian Muslim Buddhist Jew
>Democrat factory workin college student youth
>My nervous system don't take no bullshit
>Been dominating since the day I touched the monolith
>I only breed with sex-symbol worthy women
>They stay at home and cook while I go out a make a living
>Don't challenge my ego, don't step on my shoe
>Otherwise the next wake that you attend might be for you
>>
>>38718686
You said "Christianity is popular, therefore I should believe in Christianity". I was talking about Christians as a whole.
>>
>>38718739
>A few vague pointers which lead you to a specific conclusion
How are they vague?

>why doesn't he just SAY these things in the bible, rather than leave them up to a trillion alternate interpretations?
He doesn't. Just that human thinking, which at time can be harmful, likes to add in its own meaning and interpretation but if you let the spirit guide you then you will come to a true interpretation.

Also, almost all denominations believe in hell, so it isn't up to interpretation.
>>
>>38718812
>How are they vague?
How are they not vague?

>Human thinking likes to add in its own meaning
So you mean to say that, given a human being in a vacuum and the bible, they would, single handedly, be able to figure out and deduce all of the teachings which you purport to be in there, else he is judged to an eternity of pain and suffering? What about people who can't read, or who don't have access to the bible? All of your arguments here could be made with other religions.
>>
>>38709774
For Christianity to survive, Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants (excluding Mormons, Witnesses, Moonies, and so on) need to unite and work together. Yes, each church holds doctrine considered heresy in the other, but they all hold much in common. That's not to say you can't disagree with other Christians, but every Christian of these churches seeks a loving relationship with Christ and to make disciples of all nations. Christians are strongest when united. So please, anon, don't be so hostile to Protestants: show them Christ-like love as Christ shows all his children.
>>
>>38718769
In a fixed orbital position though. And from that orbit, the earth will never move away.

>>38718784
Nope, God doesn't send anyone to hell we send ourselves to hell. Also read the second answer here: >>38718527

>>38718796
Nope, I said because I have found the truth in Christianity I do not need to look anywhere else for the truth.
>>
Hey, everyone. I'm gone. It's 2:07 here in London and I need to go to sleep. I have church tomorrow.

God bless!
>>
>>38718701
>implies he's a moslem
>posts pictures of cartoon women
>>
File: laugh original.jpg (127KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
laugh original.jpg
127KB, 1200x1200px
>>38717325
>spanish inquisition
>crusades
>colonialism
>native american camps
>colonization of africa
>boer concentration camps
>sending shed loads of dollars to israel
>>
>>38719069
Wtf, Half of those have nothing to do with christ.
>>
>>38718922
>In a fixed orbital position though. And from that orbit, the earth will never move away.
It's orbit will eventually decay, but I will concede that it will take an irrelevantly long time (and other factors will effect it too). However, that argument goes equally well for Venus or Neptune, or even the sun itself around the galactic core.

>Nope, God doesn't send anyone to hell we send ourselves to hell.
When I reach the pearly gates, I'll proudly say "Hey, you know what? I WON'T go to hell". That sounds a whole lot easier that being religious all my life, no? (sorry for being facetious though, I'm enjoying this). I know that you didn't mean what it sounds like you mean, what you're trying to say is that people send themselves to Hell through their actions throughout their lives. BUT, saying that is, in fact, agreeing with my point - if people send THEMSELVES to Hell unless provided the instructions on the correct actions to avoid this terrible fate, and if God is purposely withholding these instructions, then for all intents and purposes God is responsible for their suffering (and lets not go into the whole "He can't be omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent all at once", because that is frankly a cheap shot on my behalf).

Nope, I said because I have found the truth in Christianity I do not need to look anywhere else for the truth.
"I have found the truth in Christianity". Sure. Very closed minded of you, but if you're yourself admitting that you are afraid of thinking too hard about your fundamental beliefs, then sure.
>>
File: reverend x.png (376KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
reverend x.png
376KB, 704x480px
https://youtu.be/i5dPMl5rYkU
>>
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 19
>>
>>38719108
They were justified by "superior" christian ethics and the divine right to rule by God.

Although now this power has shifted to the right of money to rule.
>>
File: 1376850279600.jpg (48KB, 332x393px) Image search: [Google]
1376850279600.jpg
48KB, 332x393px
>Christfags on /r9k/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Zo9vALQss
>>
>>38719160
I was supposed to go, but this just caught my attention, and my body couldn't resist.

>God is purposely withholding these instructions, then for all intents and purposes God is responsible for their suffering
No, God does not do so. He makes everything known to man. He doesn't hide his law but instead told his disciples to go out into all nations and spread the good news.

> (and let's not go into the whole "He can't be omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent all at once", because that is frankly a cheap shot on my behalf).
Please do.

>Sure. Very closed minded of you, but if you're yourself admitting that you are afraid of thinking too hard about your fundamental beliefs, then sure.
Now I feel as though you are attacking straws. It does not mean you're closed minded. I just said that I had found the answer and the answer tells me it is the way the truth and the light. I did think long and hard about this and had finally concluded that Christianity is the way.

Sorry about my half-assed responses. It's really late I've been responding for quite some time now, and I'm just not in the top mental state. I'm worn out.
>>
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 20
>>
>>38718349
Exactly what degree of "less literal interpretation" is the point where you're no longer Christian?

If I viewed the Gospels more loosely as a bunch of jiving jazz musicians trying to convince me to do coke rather than repent my sins, is that too loose of an interpretation?

What about it I believe all the parts about Jesus but reject everything in the historical context, such as the story of creation?
>>
>>38719417
>He doesn't hide his law but instead told his disciples to go out into all nations and spread the good news.
He doesn't hide his law, right. He just makes it so obtuse that it is nigh impenetrable to someone who wasn't born and raised in the perfect conditions to believe in what you see to be His "true" Gospel.

>Please do.
If he saw an innocent child with, say, bone cancer with his Omniscience, and wants to help that child and release them from this pain due to his Benevolence, then why doesn't he use his Omnipotence to stop this? He there fore either isn't all knowing, isn't all powerful, or IS a cunt, or it's a combination of the above (and don't say "we just have the wrong definition of benevolence - you say we were supposedly "made in his image" yourself, after all, mind and body).

>Now I feel as though you are attacking straws. It does not mean you're closed minded. I just said that I had found the answer and the answer tells me it is the way the truth and the light. I did think long and hard about this and had finally concluded that Christianity is the way.
I think it comes down to "faith", which at the end of the day isn't something which you can just convince people to believe in, or disbelieve in.

>Sorry about my half-assed responses. It's really late I've been responding for quite some time now, and I'm just not in the top mental state. I'm worn out.
As a fellow Britfag, I can empathise. :) There is really no better way to end a shitty day than with a discussion with someone though, so thanks for your time. Also, sorry if some of my responses came off as overly hostile, it's of course hard to gauge tone through text. I hope you have a nice day tomorrow Anon, good night!
>>
There is no God but God. Muhammed is the messenger of God. 21
>>
>>38710149
the jesuits were founded in response to the reformation shortly before luther's death so that's impossible on multiple levels
>>
>>38719746
Good propaganda, anon. Where Islam says a woman's beauty is something to be covered with a hijab, the God of Christianity cherishes the beauty of his treasured creation. St. Paul tells us in First Corinthians Eleven

>"13 Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head unveiled? 14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair, it is degrading to him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering. 16 But if anyone is disposed to be contentious ... we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God." NRSV

And

> "10 It is for this reason that a woman ought to have authority over her own[c] head, because of the angels." NIV

Tell me again which religion is liberating.

A minor tweak to the grammar of the first quotation was changed in order for the post to comply to R9K rules. The offending character was replaced with a "..."
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.