[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread*** Atheist don't exist edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: 1491086956215.jpg (54KB, 510x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491086956215.jpg
54KB, 510x700px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, who although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I the past I have tried to appeal to non-believers by kinda white washing but now, none of that but also be prepared because you might not get the answers you like although they might be true. I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion, but if you do cause trouble, you will be removed from the server.
>.gg/AyQfdQW

Thread: XXIII

Cont of: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/search/text/37949316/
>>
> I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion...

uh wat?
>>
>>38390958
Ugh, I need to edit it. But thanks for reading anyway. if you have any questions then feel free to ask.
>>
>>38391042
well to be frank with you, i was really just looking for an excuse to bump your thread out of interest in healthy dialogue - but i'd still appreciate the edit since i'm not quite sure how your discord operates
>>
>>38390602
Isnt there a verse where one of the apostles literally states that faith alone isnt enough and you need good works as well?
>>
you don't need to convince non believers
you need to convince Christians to get on the same page

There are so many fucked variances of Christianity that pretty much shroud the entire text in ambiguity. Meaning as a consequence its pretty simple to either cherry pick or just ignore it. Honestly how can you expect people to reconcile dead sea scrolls with the history of barbariscm and alternative beliefs to the modern day. How can you effectively say those that practiced your religion in the past and commited atrocities in its name are not "true" Christians. There is too much blood, too much suffering.
>>
>>38391108
Yeah, we just have a bunch of people, mainly Christians, who posts pics and vids relating to the faith. There is also a general channel where we just talk about generally anything relating to Christianity. You can pop in for a like if you want.

>>38391163
Depends on the context. But nowhere in the bible does it literally say that you need works. I think I know what verse you are thinking of but I rather you bring it up so that we can discuss and I can explain.
>>
>>38391163
you're thinking of James 2:17 where he says that 'Faith without works is dead'

but you have to read this verse in the context of everything else James says around it - most notably that even the devil 'believes' in God, but only saving faith will produce good works

these 'good works' being the evidence that God has granted one saving faith
>>
>>38391186
>you don't need to convince none believers
Oh yes, we do.

>you need to convince Christians to get on the same page
Yes, there are many variations of Christianity, but one must remember that as long as you believe in the basic facts, then your faith is secured. I don't believe that when one dies and meets God he has to first pass a theology exam before he can enter into heaven.

If one is sincere, then he will be guided by the spirit towards truth. If one cherry picks verses, reads others out of context and abuses some of theirs for personal gain, then God truly knows what's in one's heart, and he shall be punished justly.

>He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
2 Peter 3:16

But in the end, the truth shall prevail, and all other false forms of Christianity will die. Just like a lot of heretical churches which were around during the times of Paul. The came and then went away, but the truth shall prevail.
>>
File: 40FZnEf.jpg (23KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
40FZnEf.jpg
23KB, 800x533px
>>38391261
Thanks for that beautiful answer! I wanted him to respond first so we could interact with each other but you answered it beautifully!
>>
>>38391365
>I wanted him to respond first so we could interact with each other

my apologies - didn't mean to tangle your nets
>>
>>38391557
Ah, it's ok. I appreciate your help. Most of the time it feels like m against the world so I appreciate your help.

:-)
>>
>>38391619
de nada bro - the struggle is real
>>
>>38391186
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+16%3A15-16
>He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
>>
File: 1499902448084.png (141KB, 640x797px) Image search: [Google]
1499902448084.png
141KB, 640x797px
>>38390602
Atheist here, agree that religion is good for humanity. I worked as a barman for 3 years and I saw with my own eyes what the lack of morals and virtue can do with weak minded people, the degrade themselves to animal levels and will act purely on instinct.

I still think religion is bullshit but it does its job pretty well.
>>
>>38391679
>I still think religion is bullshit
why so? Perhaps we can discuss these issues and come to an agreement.
>>
>>38391698
Going to church, praying, reading the bible all of this, imo it looks silly and I don't believe a God would care.
>>
>>38391745
>imo it looks silly and I don't believe a God would care.
>imo

>But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;
1 Corinthians 1:27

I think it's to do with humility. One of the centre doctrines of Christianity is humility and setting aside personal things to glorify someone else. This is a practice by the saints and even God himself.

>Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to cling to, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness
Philippians 2:5-7

It may sound silly to you until one finds a human equivalent.

Think of it this way. Isn't it weird that people go to work for 8 hours per day, 5 times per week? And the stay there doing venial tasks and in some cases just spend time reading documents?

But it is the reason why they do this that we must understand. What are their motivation and the overall purpose of what they're doing? And once you understand that then the rest begins to make sense.
>>
>>38391745
Well, He does care and He explicitly states that in scripture. God has an immense interest in you personally, anon.
>>
File: Gregory_Illuminator.jpg (25KB, 200x213px) Image search: [Google]
Gregory_Illuminator.jpg
25KB, 200x213px
>>38390602
Armenian Apostolic represent.
>>
>>38391745
being a christian isn't just an effort to appease a judging god, i don't read the bible because i'm afraid of god, i don't pray for good boy points, whatever """god""" thinks is irrelevant to me
I simply love Jesus and I want to enact his will in life. I receive an intuitive understanding of him though prayer and the reading of the gospels.
>>
>>38391745
>I don't believe a God would care.
Also, to quickly answer this one. Do you really think God would leave his heavenly place to come down become and take on the flesh of his own creation to die to take away their sins not care about us?

>>38391989
>Armenian
Cool, I'm a Calvinist. If you have time, we can discuss beliefs.
>>
File: Dzor_Dzor_church.jpg (187KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dzor_Dzor_church.jpg
187KB, 800x600px
>>38392019
>Cool, I'm a Calvinist. If you have time, we can discuss beliefs.

Yes, by all means brother. Were you born in or did you convert?
>>
>>38391989
Fugg yeah, guy
>>
>>38392062
I was chosen by God but if you wanna get technical I became a Christian (Armenian) last year when I was 17 and then became a Calvinist a while after.
>>
>>38392101
Oh, a youngin.

I'll be honest, protestantism has always intrigued me. Tell me about Calvinism.

>>38392088
Are we united in faith? Even if we are not, let us gather.
>>
>>38391679
>religion is good for weak minded people

I bet you're nation/ethnic idolater as well
>>
>>38392192
>Tell me about Calvinism.
What would you like to know? I won't bore you since you probably already know about TULIP but our main emphasis is in Sola Gratia.

We believe that at the heart of the gospel is God's grace. It is what saves us from sin. It is what changes your heart from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh. It is the main motivator for all else that God does and it "alone" is what brings us IE the elect, towards salvation.

And so when a child of God becomes a Christian it is not of his own doing but by what God has done in him. And so we preach a God centred Bible that does not put on at the focus of things but rather God.
>>
>>38392273
I'm sorry, I don't know too much about the bible but Calvinism seems to be a false doctrine
>>
>>38392273
Yes, I have no objection with any of that.
>>
>>38392307
>Calvinism seems to be a false doctrine
Why so? We are very committed to what is written in scripture and believe very adamantly in sola scriptura. Plus, I can prove a lot of our beliefs by scripture.

>>38392324
But you believe that humans can choose God. This would mean that the bible is centred on what man does and not God's will. It is God who chooses, based on his will and we do nothing in it as to not take away from the grace of God. We do not have the will to accept or deny Christ but it is the father who does that within us.
>>
>>38392374
>Why so?
Correct me if I am wrong but don't Calvinists believe God chooses who gets saved and that Jesus did not die for everyone?
>>
>>38392411
Yes, and I can give scripture to support this.
>>
>>38392440
May you?
>>
>>38390602
>One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.
I'm not a Christian; I'm an agnostic; however, I was a very religious Christian for a long time, and I have studied the bible and the religion thoroughly.
I must say; you don't seem very educated in the religion that you follow. Although it is believed that Christ has saved us from "the original sin of Adam and Eve" by being the last blood sacrifice on the cross, that doesn't mean that you are also saved from the sins that you will commit in this life.
The bible clearly teaches that belief alone is not sufficient and that doing good and living a life that reflects the image of Christ is what gets you into heaven.

Really, anon, you should read the book you follow. How can you truly follow a religion if you don't know what is in it?
>>
File: 1498505828126.jpg (99KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498505828126.jpg
99KB, 639x960px
Excelled shill thread

HOWEVER

origisalami h3xrqh8
>>
How am I supposed to feel when fellow Christian girls are getting railed by Chad after church?
>>
>>38392374
I don't think you must necessary assume that humans existing in the manifestation of God's will is a contradiction of the ability of a human to choose God.

Is that not his grace? To give us the means to choose? This does not mean that the Bible is centered on what man does necessarily.

You must be very cynical to believe that God allows us to construct faith if the purpose of the church already exists.

>>38392508
Take them and hold their hand and protect their virginities.
>>
>>38392542
>Take them and hold their hand and protect their virginities.
So I should hold their hand as chad fucks them because I myself refused to?
>>
>>38392569
Why have you refused?
>>
>>38392456
>God chooses who gets saved
Let's look into Romans.

>Yet before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad in order that Gods plan of election might stand not by works but by Him who calls she was told The older will serve the younger. So it is written jacob I loved, but Esau I hated
Romans 9:11-13

>For He says to Moses I will have mercy on whom I have mercy and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion. So then it does not depend on mans desire or effort but on Gods mercy
Romans 9:15-16

>Jesus did not die for everyone?
This one is a bit deeper, and I will answer it in my next post. Bare with me, please.
>>
File: 1499805153216.jpg (83KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1499805153216.jpg
83KB, 500x522px
>>38392611
To preserve my own chastity.
>>
>>38392664
Very good brother. Become stronger. Our time will come.
>>
>>38392465
>that doesn't mean that you are also saved from the sins that you will commit in this life
Ok, one thing we must understand is that when Christ died for our sins, he died for all of them. And like I said in my OP Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that?

If his death did not atone for all our sins then are we saying that his death on the cross is no better than the OT sacrifices of lambs. If his blood does not have power then why is it needed? Once Christ had died for you, you are saved once and for all.

>All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never turn away. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but to do the will of Him who sent Me
John 6:37-38

>The Bible clearly teaches that belief alone is not sufficient
Where exactly? This question will help us find out who truly doesn't know what their holy book teaches.
>>
>>38392542
>Is that not his grace?
Humans naturally do not have the power to choose God, and so if one were able to choose then yes, that would be by grace, because humans in our depraved state cannot choose God. But all those who have been given the gift of faith will come to Christ by god's power through grace. IE the elect.
>>
>>38392724
How will our time come?
It isn't even making us stronger
>>
File: 045.png (63KB, 356x353px) Image search: [Google]
045.png
63KB, 356x353px
daily dose h3xrqh8
>>
>>38392456
Consider these two verses.

>just as the Father knows me and I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep.
John 10:15

and

>What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it?

The first one states that Christ came to lay down his life for his sheep but on the other hand Christ also says all of his sheep he shall bring to salvation. If we believe that Christ died for the whole world and he says that he laid his life down for his sheep, then one would have to conclude that he died for everyone in the world and all will be saved. But we know for a fact that this isn't the case. The sheep are the elect, those who will come to Christ by grace through faith.

When he laid down his life, he didn't fail to save those people. To say that he died for everyone in the world and some still go to hell will be to say he let some sheep go. But as we read from Luke 15:4 he would not even let one sheep go astray.

This is only the tip of the iceberg, and if one goes deeper, then he will find the truth in scripture.

A lot of people think that this doctrine is evil, but once you understand it, by the grace of God, then you will know that in fact, this is a sign of a loving God like I had.

>>38392969
What's that?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.