[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robot Jobs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: webdevelopmentbanner[1].png (57KB, 501x359px) Image search: [Google]
webdevelopmentbanner[1].png
57KB, 501x359px
Talk about comfy robot jobs.

--

Remote web development work seems like a nice robot job and I need money. Any anons work this kind of job? Am I qualified for one?

I know HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and PHP. Know how to setup a LAMP server on Ubuntu. Have made some WordPress plugins before. I know SEO, how to minimize page loading time, how to work with Photoshop and am generally proficient with computers.

Should I learn something like AngularJS or React before I apply to any job positions? WordPress development seems oversaturate with pajeets but it's all I've ever done.

Anyone want to hire me?
>>
>>37874704
Also I've tried UpWork before but never got any responses. Probably because I don't have a portfolio or anything. And also because every job I'm qualified to do has like 30 applicants.

Is it worth trying again?
>>
I dont know. But have a bump
>>
>>37874704
dunno senpai. have a nice bumperino
>>
File: 1424991401624s.jpg (7KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1424991401624s.jpg
7KB, 240x232px
I just finished my third week at Upwork. I ran out of "connects" (kind of a credit in this website). They only give you 60 per month, which you can use to send about 30 proposals. From the 30 proposals I got 8 small jobs for a total of $263 (after the painful 20% + $2 cut for the website).

It's not that good, but considering that I probably didn't spend 20 hours total to complete every job, plus a few hours talking to the clients, it's not that bad either.

I'm studying Wordpress right now, I never liked it, but there's an endless stream of Wordpress jobs there. Although for every Wordpress job there are dozens of thirsty freelancers.

People say that it's a slow start for everyone. But they also say that when you start to build reputation you won't even need to bid for jobs anymore, since old clients and new ones will send you invitations. It makes sense. I can't find an IT job in my town, and I can't move out right now, so this site is a great way to get some experience and earn money for vydia.
>>
>>37874704
I'm going to become an author. Write all kinds of books in the comfort of my home. Will take a while for it to pay off but my mummy supports me so I won't have to starve while I wait for books to sell.
>>
>>37876222
How did you get your first job at Upwork? What kind of job was it?
>>
>>37876354
This seems like a nice and comfy job, but how will you know for sure that your books will sell?
>>
>>37876701
It was a simple task with PHP, basically scraping data from one website and printing it to a csv. I guess I got it because I was quick and gave them my Github profile which had a couple of scrapers.
>>
>>37874704
>robot jobs
>please hire me

when will they learn

sad thing is many will chime in the thread saying they are learning how to code too
>>
>>37874704
Do you know JavaScript or just use jq? Full stack developers are hard to find. Get some backend programming and database design under your built. I suggest sql SQLite for query and MySQL oracle and Ms sql. I'm a full stack dev at 26 making 80k a year which is comfy at my age. Also extreme job security. If you don't have a good grasp on handwriting JavaScript without using libraries you will regret it.
>>
>>37877010
Mostly just use jQuery as it's a lot more practical for the sites I've made. And I already know how to work with MySQL. (figure that other SQL is pretty similar?)

How did you land your first job? Are you self taught or do you have a degree? 80K a year sounds great to me.
>>
What remote/freelance jobs are there for robots who are too dumb for web dev or coding? I was thinking graphic design since I'm OK at art.
Or are there resources for learning web dev and shit like that that even a complete retard like me can understand?
>>
>>37877423
Check out >>>/gd/ for web design stuff.

It still takes technical knowledge. Like knowing design principles and stuff like that. Also, the graphic design industry is a bit oversaturated, but if you're good you won't have problems finding a job.

Get into stuff like logo design.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.