[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /career professional/ here? Wagies and NEETs making less

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: 1504365.1479627325.jpg (105KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1504365.1479627325.jpg
105KB, 409x409px
Who /career professional/ here? Wagies and NEETs making less than $100k/yr please stay in your little baby threads; this thread is for adults.

>student loans just about paid off
>just finished saving my goal of a $30k emergency fund and ready to start saving for a house.
>dat tax free max contribution to my 401(k)
>nice perks like gym, free meals if I work past 7pm, wonderful buffet at meetings, and just got my teeth whitened for free from my great insurance
>still no gf tho (I should get a new secretary mine is an old grandma roastie)

How about you guys? Do you like your careers?
>>
>>37856289
>r9k
>career

Why dont you get out or go to biz?

>>>/out/
>>>/biz/
>>
>>37856335
>I don't like camping or internet ponzi schemes.
>>
>>37856289
Why are you on this board

Orgilan
>>
>>37856356
No gf or friends and I used to be a bigger loser like 5 years ago. There's no way I'm the only professional here.
>>
>>37856289
Please leave, you don't belong here.
Originalio
>>
>>37856396
Don't you guys hate talking to people anyway? Why so mad. I can bbe a robot even with a job, you know.
>>
>>37856289
sage ing this thread with no survivors
>>
>401(k)

I've been thinking of doing this. What's the max OP?
>>
>>37856575
$18,000/year. I do $1.5k/mo, but since we're halfway through the year you can contribute extra monthly to catch up for the year.
>>
>>37856652
Does your employer match?
>>
>>37856760
Unfortunately not.. I make enough where $1.5k isn't noticeable though and since it's not taxed it's basically like I pay $1k for $1.5k.
>>
>Do you like your career

No. It's not what I want to be doing. I took the job because I needed something after grad school, and now it has been three years. I wanted to do research. I wanted to keep publishing. I'm not even in the same field anymore.

I don't know. I'd like a change, but don't think I could find much else.
>>
>>37856954
Can't you do your PhD
>>
>>37856289
>be me
>sell painting for 6 million

feels good
>>
>>37856954
I mean how many researchers and publishers can there possibly be? I never get the people who all think they're going to be these noble academics. We have like 5 times the population as we had 100 years ago. We don't need 5 times the academics.
>>
>>37857014
Really? Can you show us? I know it would dox you, but if you have that much what do you have to lose?
>>
>>37856335
>is a coinfag and also a /career professional/ acting like a NEET
>>
>>37857399
Tell me about coins. Are they just a meme? I see kids on /biz/ talking about investing their last $40 to try to become rich? I also see people talking about how they've dumped $20k into them.

Is it worth throwing $10k into BTC and just letting it sit there for five year? Will I ever be able to pull my money out?
>>
>finished bachelors degree
>got a Co-Op at a top prestigious company in my field making $30/hr
>working on masters degree while doing that

am I on my way to being a /career professional/?
>>
>>37856289
I've been trucking and growing weed for 11 years (I'm 33y.o.).
>$63k a year for 8 months of trucking, with just 2 1/2 weeks of work every month
>$36k harvesting 40+ pounds of weed from growing 24 plants throughout the year and selling it undervalue to local dealers and dispensaries under the table
I'm going to retire from trucking and start just growing weed and DJ/temp party supplier (tables/sound-system/jumper) 2 weekends a month.
>>37857014
Wew Lad
>>37856550
Faggot
>>
>>37857511
Doing what senpai?

Origg4nolio0
>>
>>37856289
air traffic control was the best decision of my life, made money in the military by learning my job, get out of the military and directly work in a major cites airport i now make $165,000 a year and have 0 college debt, i must say life is fucking amazing when you make good money
>>
>>37856995
I already did.

>>37857017
I didn't expect to go into academia, really. Plenty of R&D work out there for big companies, national labs and so on.
>>
>>37857511
On your way, but make sure you aren't a sperg. It really is who you know. I highly recommend you start contacting alumni in your desired field and such even though you aren't looking yet, and ask if you can take them for coffee. Then meet up for just 15 minutes, make a good impression, and check in over email once a year. Do this once a month and in a few years you'll have 50 people who are even higher in their careers now to email to say "Just finishing my masters, starting to look for a job -- any advice?" and at least one will say "Why we're just about to hire, why don't I have my boss give you a call?"

If you don't have an established network this works, and it's good low-pressure practice for interviews even if the first few times is pretty awkward.
>>
>>37857582
medical device industry
>>
>>37856289
I've been trying to find a job after graduating last December, but it usually take weeks to hear back from anyone interested.

I'm just planning on getting a cashier job while I keep job searching.
>>
>>37857592
> i must say life is fucking amazing when you make good money

Ehh I disagree with this. I make $200k/yr and I still don't have a girlfriend or friends. It is really really nice never having to even think about money though.

>randomly buy a bunch of shit from Amazon for $1100
>shit, I can only save $4k this month. Oh well
>>
File: 1490337190962.png (279KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1490337190962.png
279KB, 480x454px
>>37856289
>$140k/yr total comp
>Never had any student loans, full ride scholarship
>Not even worked a year yet and already $80k in assets saved up and invested
>5 figure bonuses coming up in a couple months
>50% employer 401k match

>No friends irl
May as well kill myself
>>
>>37857653
>cashier job
I wouldn't do that. Looks horrible for your resume. So does a gap. You're better off interning or volunteering for free if you can afford it. If you can't afford it, then while you cashier at least keep up a website for some small business. Then put that you ran a business on your resume. In your interviews you can say "It ended up not working out, but I really learned a lot from it" etc etc
>>
>>37856289
Maybe you already said, but I'm too lazy to look.

What do you do for a living?
>>
>>37857667
i also dont have a gf or many friends but at least i made a parents proud and i can afford to live on my own, hopefully i can find a women to start a family with soon
>>
>>37857670
>employer matches
Jealous. How long does it take to vest?

>>37857720
lawyer
>>
>>37857670
How'd you save $80k in less than a year? Post tax you're making what, $8k/mo? Do you have literally no expenses?
>>
>>37857705
That does sound good, but I wouldn't know where to look for a website building type job like you mentioned.

I've got a degree in MIS, but I feel like I should of done something else since everwhere usually wants years of experience. Also heard that consulting stuff is awful, so I just want to find something that is a stable 8 to 5 type of job.
>>
>>37857833
> I wouldn't know where to look for a website building type job like you mentioned.

I don't mean a job. I mean if you're forced to cashier, register some LLC with the state for a landscaping business or pet trinket reseller or something. And throw up a website. Even if you do $5 in revenue in a year, "I tried to start my own business and failed like 90% of new businesses" sounds better than "I was a cashier." Even better if the business is in your field, and even better if you actually do start a business, but ultimately the LLC and website is just to cover your tracks for future interviews in case the employer snoops around to see if you're legit.
>>
>>37857818
I got a bunch of sign-on bonuses so it's not just my salary saved up. I'm also counting my 401k in that which has matches

>>37857782
There's no such thing as "vesting" in 401k match

You wait until retirement age to withdraw it tax free

Unfortunately some of my bonuses take anywhere from 1 to 4 years to vest. I averaged them out in my yearly numbers.
>>
>>37858402
>There's no such thing as "vesting" in 401k match
But there is. Some employers match you but only if you're there for 2 years or some other condition.

http://money.cnn.com/retirement/guide/401k_basics.moneymag/index10.htm
>>
>>37856335
I mean being rich doesn't preclude you from being a virgin
>>
>>37858442
Oh. Im a dummy

I don't know so I assume there isn't
>>
File: 1496213921010.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496213921010.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>mfw I earn $2400 a fortnight doing my dream job
>mfw I was NEET for 3 years before getting this job
>>
File: (399).jpg (8KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
(399).jpg
8KB, 249x202px
What if i'm graduating soon in a non meme field, have no debt, but my savings are ass?
>>
>>37858472
Why would you have savings before you graduate? You've already saved $50k or whatever your degree + cost of livings would give you. If you're 22 you're in a great position. I was working shit jobs until 28, didn't start my $200k job until I was 32.
>>
>>37856289
how do I make this much money? like what degree do I need so I can get a $100k+ job without having good social skills?

all I know that pays well is medicine and I'm 6 months too late to do the qualification exams for that, seriously help
>>
>have 80k in 401k
>Have 40k in checking account

I dunno what to do with it. Going to do backdoor Roth next but I have too much money. Well, not too much but enough where I need to lrn2invest
>>
>>37858504
Idk I'm a lawyer. Maybe start a business?
>>
>>37856390
>expecting humans who are competent enough to become professionals on this board

are you new here normie?
>>
>>37858504
Anon, get a CS degree and learn it well and study hard and even if you have literal aspergers, if you're smart enough they'll still hire you and you can easily make 100k+ if you're good at algorithms and data structures
>>
>>37857463
if you have to ask autists online then dont bother.

Crypto market is not cut out for your type
>>
>>37858523
Iktf. I'm not quite there yet, I had about $20k in credit card debt to pay off then wanted to save a 6 month expenses cash cushion, plus I have a $2k/mo student loan. But I'll be where you are shortly and don't know shit about investing. Bout to dump it all in memecoin

>>37858528
Read the thread faggot. I knew there would be a number of us here. Socially competent enough to get through school and interviews, but not enough to have a big social circle or girlfriend. You know a lot of this board is shitposting, right? Half the NEET haircut threads are probably made by guys with decent jobs.
>>
would anyone recommend a theoretical physics degree? I don't really have much time (10 days) before I have to finalise my course choice.

>>37858525
>average solicitor makes 42,000 in my country
also I don't think people can just hop into business like they can learning a profession

>>37858536
I'm 21 I'd feel old learning computer languages from scratch. would you still recommend it?
>>
>>37858553
I get what you're saying, but my point is I never looked into it because I really only hear about it from autists online and the occasional MSM article.
>>
I am a professional trainer and make $92k /year excluding taxes. Not as much as you but close enoughmconsidering this is a mere side gig. Currently taking computer science in college.
>>
>>37858564
>$20k credit card debt
$2k/month student loan payment

Holy shit dude

Was the 2k the minimum or were you paying way ahead

I paid off 70k student loans, felt good. Now only debt is a small car loan
>>
>>37856289
I do software shit from home, I meet all my reqs and milestones ahead of time and my work is well liked, but I spend most of my scheduled work time jacking and shitting on 4chan and other time wasting shit, most of my life is in a filthy bedroom living like a NEET with a highly paying side hobby.
>>
>tfw earn enough I only have to work 2-3 days a week
>ran out of friends because they got too invested in relationships
>tfw no gf
>start working 7 days a week to fill the void
>checked last month's balance sheet
>made $22,000
>worry about being bumped into the next tax bracket intensifies
>remember God Emperor Trump cut the corporate tax rate to 15%
Really dodged a bullet there, lads. Depending on how the ACA comes out I might actually get health insurance next year instead of just paying cash.
>>
>>37858457
it literally does

You have one trait to put you above chad and you arnt uysing it.You have no one to blame but yourself

or you can buy it outright
>>
>>37858598
Anon 21 is nothing who cares, there are tons of army dudes who are like 23 just starting their degree, nobody cares or will notice

And you're on r9k so let's be honest you won't be talking to anyone anyway (and if you will be, you don't belong here normie scum)
>>
>>37858564
yeah like 5 people out of thousnads thats certainly a ton , now gtfo
>>
>>37858623
Reply to wrong person? Or just off your meds
>>
>>37858598
>would anyone recommend a theoretical physics degree?
Academics are shit and don't make money. Just do econ.

>average solicitor makes 42,000 in my country
US isn't that far off. You basically either start at $180k or $40k with nothing in between. Australia and England are the same way. You either have to excel at a top law school or not do it at all.

>I'm 21 I'd feel old learning computer languages from scratch.
21 is young as fuck. Even if you have to take an extra year, if you'd like it and be good at it you should do it. But my understanding is that anyone who just stumbles into CS ends up sucking at it and dropping out.

Honestly you should go to nursing school. It's less stigmatized for men these days and since men are more competent than women the men tend to rise to the top pretty quickly. You could make decent money and even into the six figures that way.
>>
>>37858612
I consolidated my $100k loans down to a 5 year plan, don't pay extra. CCs are paid, loans I'm working on.
>>
>>37858599
yes it is the real deal i tripled my ROI and barely know shit.

Just be competent and dont panic from FUD and you will succeed
>>
>>37856289
How do I get a comfy office job Pro-bro?
>>
>>37858720
Just on BTC sitting there or by actively playing around with trading and memecoins?
>>
>>37858746
I went to professional school and then did this >>37857644

Highly recommend unless your dad works at Nintendo.
>>
>>37858624
>>37858648
thanks anons. I know it's retarded asking advice on /r9k/ but this is where I'm at. I used to be really good at maths, chemistry, english and applied maths at school (top grades) if it's relevant but I've forgotten all of it and my brain's gone to shit from lack of stimulation.

the university I'll likely go to offers a computer science degree as well as this http://www.tcd.ie/courses/undergraduate/az/course.php?id=DUBSC-ELEC-1ENG I don't really know if they'd be similar though. + the computer engineering course takes 5 years.

Nursing sounds like it's all social skills to be honest. I'd be able to get over it but as a career move it sounds really bizarre but I'll do research on it. If I'm doing nursing will I just go to a lesser university if I can find one that does a 3 year degree instead of 4 years?

oh also most of the people who do theoretical physics in university get hired by the big banks when they graduate. I don't know what their salaries would be though.
>>
>>37858460
assuming that cock is 6" long and you need to suck one yard of them. how much for one and how many in one yard :/
>>
>>37858749
mix of both.I got some BTC(i got around 1.2BTC for $1,700 which is now $3,330) last month and traded a portion for Ethereum(bought at $100) and Litecoin(bought at $15).All 3 mooned and made some substantial returns.

Theres potential to gain even more if you can study up on alt day trading. You have to be careful as Theres coordinated pump and dump schemes that take advantage of newcomers.
>>
>According to figures released by the HSE in response to a freedom of information request, 70 nurses last year earned over 100,000 euro

seems like I could get over 100k if I put in a fair bit of overtime but otherwise it's not that great here.

All I want is one thing to have over normies, I'm willing to work 16 hours a day at university if necessary/ Really bitter about missing that hpat test though.
>>
>>37858809
>oh also most of the people who do theoretical physics in university get hired by the big banks when they graduate. I don't know what their salaries would be though.
Theoretical physics is super hard and the banks are hiring them solely for their math and mathematical modelling skills

If you want to go this route I suggest a Computer Engineering degree with additional personal focus on data structures and algorithms to keep up to date with the pure Computer Science majors, and a physics minor. Then you can get good dev jobs at prop trading firms

Or go all out like you said, theoretical physics. I know nothing about it
>>
File: test.png (146KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
146KB, 2480x3508px
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I GET A JOB
NOT EVEN OVERNIGHT STOCKING
WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG
>>
File: 6543.jpg (50KB, 586x773px) Image search: [Google]
6543.jpg
50KB, 586x773px
WAGIES IN CAGIES
A N A
G G
I I
E E
S S
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.