[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

general health but mostly /water/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: srs.jpg (11KB, 340x604px) Image search: [Google]
srs.jpg
11KB, 340x604px
How much water do you drink a day?I heard drinking about 8 glasses a day is good for weight loss and skin care, going to start doing that, only drank about 4 or 5 before that

Also do any of you guys do pull ups
>>
I love when /fa/ tries to give wellness advice. What the fuck is a glass? lol
>>
File: 1389122619807.jpg (9KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
1389122619807.jpg
9KB, 221x221px
About 2-2,5l a day. I've recently picked up lifting (dumbbells only as of now). I was sort of a skeleton, so my goal is more to "Gain weight", rather than lose it. The only problem I have with my health right now is my belly, just disproportionate as fuck from all the weight I built up (basically focused on upper body and arms more than abs etc.).
I kind of find abs exercises annoying, but holy shit "Russian twist" is so far my all-time favourite abs workout.
>>
>>37701979
probably should've posted to /fit/ instead but you guys are my lads

usually a glass of water is 8 ounces
>>
File: zoobooks.jpg (41KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
zoobooks.jpg
41KB, 500x671px
>>37701993
how much do you lift right now? I'm only doing jogs, pull ups and push ups because i can't afford a gym membership and don't want to invest in any equipment
>>
I hope you guys understand you should be consuming the proper amount of salt with the water or you will be peeing all day or have a seizure if you are really nuts.
>>
>>37701958
I drink a glass of water pretty much every hour from waking to sleeping, have done so for years
Can't really do pull ups, not only because I'm weak but also my door isn't wide enough, I bought a bar a couple of months ago though and have been doing chin ups. I can currently only do 5 in a row, but I'm working on it
>>
>>37702033
If you want a good routine you dont need equipment for google gst foundation. you can get a torrent for it. its a book for gymnastics strength training. I dont have time to go into details but basically I know more about sports training than 99.9% of this website and I can vouch for the programs quality in improving endurance strength and mobility
>>
>>37702051
With the recommended 2 litres per day, the salt on your food is enough.
>>
>>37702077
that would depend on the food genius
>>
>>37701958
>I heard drinking about 8 glasses a day is good for weight loss and skin care
This is complete bullshit. It was spread by some Iranian "doctor" back in the 70s and it's simply untrue. You would only need to drink this much if you were fasting, because most of the water in our diets comes from solid food. In fact, if you live in a temperate climate and don't exert yourself, you don't actually need to drink any at all provided you're eating a regular diet.
>>
File: cool.jpg (53KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
53KB, 750x750px
>>37702066
ill check it out thanks mister
>>
File: 1398252716650.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1398252716650.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>37702033
>how much do you lift right now?
Dumbbells not a lot, hate myself for staying a skeleton for so long. Anyways, I do concentration curls with 11.5kg right now, for comparison, I started off doing bicep curls with 6.5kg. Bench press I could perhaps do 40-45kg?
Pull ups and push ups are really good. Also note, if you want to focus more on your chest when doing push ups, do wide push ups. If you want to focus more on your triceps, then do very tight pushups (diamond pushups are the best for this).
>>
>>37702084
No you are completely wrong this is like the minimum amount of water for an athlete who weighs 120 pounds. You want to drink as much water so that your urine is clear try doing that with less water than this
>>
>>37702359
Nobody on this board is an athlete. + the guy is right, if you aren't thirsty or dried out you're not in a hurry to get water inside yourself.
>>
>>37702383
>>I heard drinking about 8 glasses a day is good for weight loss and skin care
Is true. Its called being hydrated properly. End of the discussion. Athletes do it, normal people can do it.
>>
>>37702196
Just do diamond push-ups, they train your chest, arms and shoulders. Regular ones are not worth it.
>>
>>37702431
Fair enough, I'll read up more on that and add them to my workout schedule.
>>
>>37702410
>Athletes do it
Not an argument for skellyfats who don't move out of bed, remember which board this is. I've not drank glasses of water many days and still had clear urine. Why? Because the food I had consumed had contained enough water(soup, spaghetti, fruits, vegetables) to hydrate my body. I didn't sweat because I wasn't exercising nor in a hot weather, therefore, I didn't lose a lot of water.
I'm not saying that drinking more water is bad, just saying that there are more factors to be taken into consideration than just "8 glasses a day" for everybody.
>>
>>37701958
you can drink more than that, i drink 5-6l a day.
>>
>>37702359
>You want to drink as much water so that your urine is clear
Who told you that?
>>
>>37701958
Femanon here
I drink a few cups of water a day. Usally because its good to have a cup of water after every alcoholic drink...
>>
>>37701958
>>37702359
>>37702410
You are objectively wrong: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/25/upshot/no-you-do-not-have-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-a-day.html?_r=0
http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
>>
File: 1313147261403.png (179KB, 1267x788px) Image search: [Google]
1313147261403.png
179KB, 1267x788px
You sound like someone that doesn't really know what he's doing.

Go to >>>/fit/ and read the sticky.

Stop doing bodyweight shit, start going to the gym.

Do weighted squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, pull-ups and barbell-rows.

Also, there is no such thing as "ab exercises to lose belly fat". You cannot target fat loss to a specific body part

Educate yourself and stop wasting time.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170607-073232.jpg (647KB, 1433x1630px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170607-073232.jpg
647KB, 1433x1630px
>>37702033
Not him, but my routine

4 sets of
A.25 sit ups
B.15 curls (40lb)
C.15 front rows (40lb)
D. 15 back rows (40lb)
E. 25 bench presses (40lb)

I've been doing this for twice a day, 3-4 days out of the week and I'm already noticing weight loss and muscle definition. I also just got a 20lb vest in the mail to go jogging with. As far as investing in gym equiptment... $15 for am ez bar, $15 for 40lbs in weight, $5 in lifting gloves and you're golden for a couple months. I've been ingesting tons of whey protein, which gets a little expensive. I've also been taking creatine and a test booster. So far everything is working well. Two things about creatine though; creatine shits are real, and get the powder. The pills are fucking huge, and you're supposed to take 6 in a go.
>>
>>37702656
>Snopes and NYTimes know more about this than me
I don't think so baka. Try reading a nutrition book.
>>
I like to get at least 3L/Day but I'm skelly. I never understand the 8 glasses meme. Wouldn't that leave people super thirsty and pissing brown? Sounds like bad advice.
>>
>>37701958
I almost never drink water. I'll get in the mood to drink water after a few days without and just have like 4-5 ice waters in a row. I mostly drink milk. I drink about a half gallon of milk a day. I mix 80% regular milk 20% strawberry milk for my ideal taste.
>>
>>37702726
Sorry, but your routine is trash and your supplements do not make up for it being trash.
>>
>>37702625
Who? Thats a sign you arent dehydrated. Dan Benardot thats who.

>>37702712
OP didnt say anything about that or any of this bullshit. Stop trying to set people on some gimmick bargain bin bodybuilding routine, you two bit nerd
>>
>>37702817
Geez, I'm no expert, thats for sure. I'm just getting started. Better than nothing, right? Any suggestions for improvement?
>>
>>37702879
Increase weight slightly on every workout. Don't skip legs. Follow a routine made by a professional. Remember Diet > Rest > Lifting in order of importance.

You really don't need creatine or a test booster either.
>>
>>37702915
What would you suggest for legs, given that I only have an ez bar? I've been planning on incorporating squats, especially since my weighted vest arrived. Thanks for the info on the supplements... I just pciked them up for hopes of an extra edge, even if its only .000001 difference. Whey protein good? I usually have 2 shakes a day, even on rest days. I try and have a very protein intensive diet in general... As for adding weights, I've been adding reps. For instance, I do 15 curls a set now, but I started with 5. I'm 3 weels in, is it time to add weight? And I should really add weight each work out??
>>
>>37702964
The best way to make consistent gains is to keep challenging your body by adding weight. This is how almost all tried-and-tested lifting routines work.

I recommend getting a gym subscription so you can do just that. And also train legs there (by doing squats).

Adding more reps will only get you so far, and muscle endurance is not the same as strength.

I think 15 reps is definitely the maximum reps you should do for nearly every exercise. Most strength-based lifting routines stick to somewhere around 5 to 8 reps per set.

The creatine and test booster will probably make a tiny difference, but at your level you don't need it, and that money is better spent on getting a gym subscription.
>>
>>37703043
Thanks for the tips... Time for more weight then. Wish I had a gym near by I could join, I recently moved to the boonies.
>>
>>37702712
I'm just trying to clear up acne and slim down a bit, I'll keep this in mind if I do end up wanting to beef up
>>
>>37702081
Dude stop nitpicking. Obviously he means in an average, fairly healthy, varied diet.
>>
>>37702465
This is the truepost
>>
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27058557
"Daily water intake was higher in summer (2.8 +/- 1.02 L) than in winter (2.6 +/- 0.98 L (+ = 0.019)."
This suggests that there are more factors than your fucking "8 glasses a day", such as weather temperature, which makes you sweat more.

>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12376390
"... rigorous proof for this counsel appears to be lacking. "
further read: http://ajpregu.physiology.org/content/283/5/R993.long

>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908954/table/T1/
^ Suggests that you aren't obliged to drink 8 glasses a day to make your body hydrated since you also get water in your system by eating. Further read: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908954/
^ "Numerous lay sources such as beauty and health magazines as well as the Internet suggest that drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day will "flush toxins from the skin" and "give a glowing complexion" despite a general lack of evidence(94), (95) to support these proposals."

>>37702820
Your urine is clear when you drink a lot of water. The urine is clear because your body is pissing out the water.
Source: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/urine-color/basics/definition/CON-20032831?p=1
>>37702625
It's the simple way of being failsafe that they're hydrating enough.
>>37702752
I'd rather trust myself, what I have read up on in uni, the professors at uni, and news sites, over a waterbottle obsessed most-likely American anon on r9k whose only argument is that athletes drink 8 glasses of water a day(with out source) and therefore everybody should do so despite of other factors such as how much they move, their environment, and the kind of food they consume.
>>
>>37703295
>Your urine is clear when you drink a lot of water. The urine is clear because your body is pissing out the water.
Yeah, no shit. That happens regardless of urine color smartass.
>>
>>37703295
Feel free to drink less than 8 glasses of water a day. What are you trying to argue exactly? Most people are perpetually dehydrated unknowingly.
>>
I don't drink any water. I know I should, I just hate it.
>>
>>37703411
It just annoys me to see people falling for the "8 glasses a day" belief despite it varying from person to person quite drastically. One could be fat, one could be really short, one could live in an arctic zone where one doesn't sweat as much as one close to the equator, etc.
Extra annoying how everyone outside of my country seem to buy multiple water bottles a day which not only is unnecessary and a waste of money but also harmful against nature.
I like nature a lot and it has to deal with our bull shitbecause we're too lazy to think for ourselves.
>>
>>37703501
+ If you're thirsty you should drink water, of course, but if you're not thirsty you shouldn't feel obliged to buy yet another water bottle because someone once thought that we all should drink 8 glasses a day to stay hydrated.
>>
>>37703501
>>37703527
OK so you guys have some bizarre hateboner for finnish wisdom, good for you. You can just fill up a bottle with tap water if you want thats what I do. I think your sentiments are misdirected. They are also pretty irrelevant, because if you actually drink 8 (8 ounce) glasses of water a day you will probably be properly hydrated as to ensure optimal weight loss and clearing the skin which is well documented
>>
>>37703574
You're not wrong, I'm just being annoyan pointing out that you can drink less and be well hydrated.
>Finnish wisdom
I'm half Swedish & half Finnish, what is this wisdom you talk of?
>>
>>37703782
that was a great gatsby quote
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.