[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies for robots thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 40

https://youtu.be/rJztRnDxdM8

Just here to shill a movie i watched. This fucking shit is scary as fuck. Creeped me out more than salo, serbian film etc and i still randomly think about it and get the fucking creeps sometimes

This is one of the most malevolent, insidious movies ive ever seen
>>
Zero Day (2003)

Two troubled adolescents chronicle the events that ultimately lead up to a terrifying assault on their school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VDaeiwZSLM
>>
ive seen both salo and a serbian film, theyre both pretty fucked up in a comically overexaggerated way

what is this one about, is it violent? salo and a serbian film arent really scary theyre just disgusting european perversions masquerading as political commentary
>>
The Lobster (2015)

In a dystopian near future, single people, according to the laws of The City, are taken to The Hotel, where they are obliged to find a romantic partner in forty-five days or are transformed into beasts and sent off into The Woods.
>>
>>37165781
Watch the trailer faggot

Basically, army guys, vietnam, absolute decay of sanity after the war, theres a big "shocker" element thats a huge spoiler that explains tge whole movie so i wont say it
>>
File: 1459980872507.jpg (15KB, 559x515px) Image search: [Google]
1459980872507.jpg
15KB, 559x515px
>mfw I just finished watching Jacob's Ladder and then saw this thread
>>
File: m-lang1.jpg (39KB, 592x502px) Image search: [Google]
m-lang1.jpg
39KB, 592x502px
>>37165745
What do you guys think of "M" by Fritz Lang, was the killer autistic?
>>
File: 0ap2000000210160_gallery_600.jpg (237KB, 1280x1806px) Image search: [Google]
0ap2000000210160_gallery_600.jpg
237KB, 1280x1806px
Big Fan (2009)

A hard-core New York Giants fan struggles to deal with the consequences when he is beaten up by his favorite player.
>>
I think The Benchwarmers is a pretty robotic film
>>
Jacob's Ladder was one of Tim Robbins's best performances ever. Of course he was also great in The Shawshank Redemption.

But he really nailed it in Jacob's Ladder. Fantastic film, great acting. I've seen it 3 times.
>>
>>37165799
Was it your first watch? Next time around, pay close attention to the opening scene and the battle. The pot or the canteen i think
>>
>>37165799

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/baader-meinhof-phenomenon.htm

It used to blow my mind when I was a kid. Still does sometimes.
>>
>>37165774
Something similar to this in that a shooting happenes. The Klass. I guess the unique part is that one of the bullies gets turned on and learns what he's been putting people through.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 200x300px
Donnie Darko (2001)

Watch it. It's amazing. A great mind fuck. Very relatable as a teenager. Dark, fantasy based. 10/10
>>
File: p23514_p_v8_ae.jpg (172KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p23514_p_v8_ae.jpg
172KB, 960x1440px
This movie is my all time favorite.

So fucking good. I love it.
>>
>>37165786
Reading the plot synopsis I find it really telling that in nearly every situation it's the men sacrificing something to be with the woman.
>>
File: Pi.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Pi.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Numbers whiz Max Cohen (Sean Gullette) is stunted by psychological delusions of paranoia and debilitating headaches. He lives in a messy Chinatown apartment, where he tinkers with equations and his homemade, super-advanced computer. One day, however, Cohen encounters amysterious number. Soon after reporting his discovery to his mentor (Mark Margolis) and to a religious friend (Ben Shenkman), he finds himself the target of ill-intentioned Wall Street agents bent on using the number for profit.
>>
File: 1411324212-0.jpg (71KB, 448x599px) Image search: [Google]
1411324212-0.jpg
71KB, 448x599px
>>37165745
It sure is underrated, I used to be obsessed with that movie. I will never forget that scene with him being moved on the hospital bed.

The ultimate movie for robots(Or anyone suffering from depersonalization) is Eraserhead, watch it in HD in pitch black with headphones on and you will never forget it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK-2_OsBe0s
>>
>>37165858

I saw that one both as a teenager and an adult, and I related more to Donnie as an adult than I did back when I was his age. As a teenager I was so socially isolated and confused that I hardly related to anyone at all.
>>
Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind and Fight Club are both really really good. WATCH EM
>>
The Machinist

If you are an insomniac robot like me you'll love it. Bale is amazing in it.
>>
>>37165745
The fact that what they did to those guys was a real thing, which was really tested in real life, is insane

Theres a few things buried deep in erowid, accounts of veterans
>>
File: movieposter.jpg (21KB, 279x402px) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
21KB, 279x402px
It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)

Bill struggles to put together his shattered psyche, in this new feature film version of Don Hertzfeldt's animated short film trilogy.

(Haven't checked this one out myself yet but I saw it recommended here in one thread and it seems interesting. Has good reviews.)
>>
File: LeOn.jpg (84KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
LeOn.jpg
84KB, 429x600px
>>37165745
This actually wasn't the movie I was trying to think of to recommend. Still, it's a really good movie.
>>
File: p23903_p_v8_ah.jpg (242KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p23903_p_v8_ah.jpg
242KB, 960x1440px
This movie is beyond weird...It left me feeling so odd and uncomfortable.
>>
Wow...it's a neat one. About the Butterfly Effect, hence the title.
>>
File: p33409_p_v8_ae.jpg (428KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p33409_p_v8_ae.jpg
428KB, 960x1440px
Classic.

Eternal Sunshine from 2004 with Carrey in one of his best roles ever. Dark, weird, yet light hearted goofy and interesting and romantic and cute.
>>
>>37165962
Oh yeah, the fucking feels were tough with that one
>>
File: neo.jpg (19KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
19KB, 400x200px
>>37165920
looks pretty good, i might watch it tonight

I'm really quite fond of all the Wolverine movies. Xmen Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine, and Logan. I didn't even know The Wolverine movie existed until about a year ago.

Just rewatched Matrix Reloaded recently. I really liked the scene when Neo was talking to the Oracle about programs and their behaviors and purposes.
>>
File: one-hour-photo.31313.jpg (28KB, 299x445px) Image search: [Google]
one-hour-photo.31313.jpg
28KB, 299x445px
One Hour Photo (2002)

A mentally unstable photo developer begins to attack a middle-class family after his obsession with them becomes more sick and disturbing than any of them could imagine.
>>
File: p162009_p_v8_ah.jpg (302KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p162009_p_v8_ah.jpg
302KB, 960x1440px
Stranger Than Fiction

Never used to like Will Ferrell much UNTIL I saw this master piece. It's weird but fucking brilliant and touching. Watch it.
>>
obligatory Wristcutters: A Love Story post
>>
File: wojak.jpg (5KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
5KB, 180x180px
>>37165935

>Hertzfeldt

>Hurts felt

Oh my god. Talk about nominative determinism.
>>
It confused me a lot when I first started watching but it just got better and better. Feels x 100, amazing film. So underrated.
>>
Taxi driver

>>37165986
Robin William's voice: "Neon Genesis Evangellion"
>>
File: Womb_film.jpg (20KB, 300x421px) Image search: [Google]
Womb_film.jpg
20KB, 300x421px
Only for robots who love their Mommy.
>>
>>37165745
I didn't really get this movie I watched it like a year ago
>>
File: 1486182519264.jpg (112KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486182519264.jpg
112KB, 1280x1080px
>>37165847

What the actual fuckerino
>>
E N T E R

T H E

V O l D
>>
File: 152514.58266998_1000X1000.jpg (331KB, 1000x1482px) Image search: [Google]
152514.58266998_1000X1000.jpg
331KB, 1000x1482px
He Was a Quiet Man (2007)

Bob Maconel is about to have a bad day. Another eight hours of sitting in a dull gray cubicle, ignored by his co-workers, existing in a world where he feels completely out of sync. On this particularly bad day, Bob crosses the line from potential killer to inadvertent hero and in the process saves Venessa's life. This invisible nobody saves the object of his desire only to have her ask him to end her life.
>>
>>37165786
Good
>>37165812
Good
>>37165858
Really good if you're 14
>>37165865
Overrated, but okay. Any scene without Spacey is not as good
>>37165886
Good
>>37165892
Great
>>37165935
Great
>>37165942
Good
>>37165952
Great
>>37165962
Shit
>>37165978
Great
>>37165986
Good
>>
>>37166023
Gotta watch multiple times

THIS IS A SPOILER FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN JACOBS LADDER AT LEAST 1(ONE) TIME
they were test subjects for a dissociative/deliriant drug developed by the military to create more aggressive soldiers, and all the bizarre crap that occurs is almost like a hallucinatory sequence, thats how i think of it, it makes more sense when youve taken similar drugs
>>
File: Lost in Translation.jpg (183KB, 1400x930px) Image search: [Google]
Lost in Translation.jpg
183KB, 1400x930px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2SPeEeCj3I
Even the poster/cover for this movie reminds me of the robot experience; sitting alone in a room, neither happy nor terribly upset, probably half naked
>>
>>37166047

>Really good if you're 14
Wow, someone is retarded and doesn't understand it. It's a brilliant film, fuck off.

>Overrated, but okay. Any scene without Spacey is not as good

Holy shit you have awful opinions. Spacey is literally the best part of the film.
>>
>>37165812
Holy hell that sounds like cuck: the movie
>>
>>37165906
>Fight Club
best movie i've ever seen.
The book is pretty good too.
>>
>>37166086
Donnie Darko is entry level 2deep4u shit. Anyone old enough to have watched a lot of movies knows that while it's still good, it's not amazing by any means let alone brilliant. Also you're retarded because he's saying that any scene that doesn't have Kevin Spacey in it is not as good as the ones with him in it.
>>
>>37166086
Read what I wrote retard. I said any scene WITHOUT him is not as good, meaning he's the best part idiot.

As for Donnie Darko, what the fuck is there to understand that's not completely on the surface? The convulated and overly complex science shit? Just because a movie is needlessly complicated doesn't mean it is brilliant. Donnie Darko being watchable is a complete accident: there's a reason the director's cut is ass and shows how Richard Kelly is a hack director (there's a reason he's never made another okay movie) and much of it hinges on absurdly convoluted sci-fi with all the alternate universe, time travel, and host crap. Read the shit on this website and tell me it isn't unnecessarily complex. http://www.donniedarko.org.uk/explanation/

If you think this is "brilliant", you're underage. It's pseudo-intellectual bullshit at it's finest. And I know this because I thought it was the smartest movie ever when I was 15, but then I grew up
>>
>>37166160

Wrong. Someone has SHITE opinions.
>>
>Taxi Driver
>Pulp Fiction
>pfff I don't know Jackie Brown was kinda meh
>>
File: Her.jpg (83KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
Her.jpg
83KB, 510x755px
I feel like this is a quintessential robot movie.
>>
>>37166072

It also makes a lot of sense if you look into the history of the US government's experimentation on military personnel. Check out the US vs. Stanley court case
>>
File: daisies-happy.png (976KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
daisies-happy.png
976KB, 1280x800px
I remember watching Daisies and I literally felt like murdering someone on my way back to my dorm.
Could someone help me wrap my head around this?
>>
>>37166209

First of all, sorry for fucking reading what you wrote incorrectly, it's nearly 3 AM here and I have things I'm working on. It happens. Calm down.

Secondly, I am actually 24, not underage like you believe. You're an idiot. The movie may have some big ideas and concepts but that doesn't take away from the beautiful acting from the lead actors, the hilarious moments like the smurf scene, the scene where Donnie destroys Ms. Farmer with logic among many other great thought-provoking scenes where Donnie questions whether god exists, how awful and awkward young love is, being on medication when you're a teen and feeling depressed and full of questions and trying to get through life. Drew Barrymore is also a great part in the movie, come the fuck on. There's a fucking REASON it has a huge cult fanbase. It's brilliant, I haven't even started on Frank yet, I could do this all day but I have a life and it's late.

Go fuck yourself, you pretentious massive fat fucking ugly cunt.
>>
>>37166220
It's okay to like Donnie Darko. It's okay to think it's better than average, even. To believe it to be brilliant though only leaves two options:
1.) You're 15
2.) You don't watch many movies.
>>
>>37166285

Another anon here, I'm 20 and love Donnie Darko.

There's a huge fanbase. Stop being a dick.
>>
I really hated Synecdoche, New York, but I think a lot of people here would like it.

I couldn't even finish it. Started to make me nauseous and depressed around 75 minutes in.
>>
>>37166160
>>37166047

Donnie Darko & Butterfly Effect are good. Big Fan is shit.
>>
>>37166285

I liked Donnie Darko better as an adult than I did as a teen.

Not one of my favorite films by any means but I think you're being a bit hard on it.

DESU I think Jacob's Ladder is by far the best movie out of the ones I've seen that have been mentioned in this thread.
>>
>>37166234
Pulp Fiction is overrated
All of Tarantino's other movies are pretty good though.
I think Inglorious Basterds is probably his best one. Hateful Eight was good too, also Reservoir Dogs, and Django Unchained
Kill Bill is good too but also overrated
>>
>>37166285

nah i'm 19 and love donnie darko, and have seen plenty of movies. its just one many love and a bunch dislike which is fine but come on, youre being a bit thick here
>>
>>37166253
this movie is pure reddit
>>
>>37166334
I said it was a good movie. In no way does it deserve the circle jerk it gets from plebs just because it was their first "deep" film experience. In this thread alone it stands as one of the more surface level movies.
>>
>>37166365

You're a douchebag and full of shit. Go watch your hipster art film
>>
>>37166316
Thats another big one

Guy literally gets cucked by his wife, the act never opens...
>>
Any of you guys seen Rampage?
Rampage 1 was awesome
Rampage 2 was alright
but Rampage 3 fucking sucked. I was really disappointed with Rampage 3. I was a huge fan of 1 and 2 and I didn't even realize the third one was released until just a month ago and I watched it and it was fucking shitty.
>>
>>37166274
I mean considering you're the one who brought up my "shit" opinions because you can't read, I don't see why you're upset.

As for the movie having big ideas, yeah, it does. So? Big ideas don't mean shit when your movie is messy as fuck. I don't dislike the film, it has a lot to love, but goddamn is it a messy film. There's so much nonsense in that movie, it would be so much better if it focused more on the angst and less on the silly science crap. Because Kelly has no idea how to weave complex science into a decent narrative that serves any purpose other than being "deep science stuff" (see Southland Tales, it is awful).

>The movie questions whether god exists
Dang, how original. It's not like there are any other, MUCH better films that have done the same thing (can list if needed, but if you've watched films for more than a few months you know some)

>How awful and awkward young love is
One of the better parts of the movie actually. But again, other movies have tackled this exact issue with much more nuance and depth (Before Sunrise, West Side Story, The Graduate, Harold and Maude)

>There's a fucking REASON it has a huge cult following
So does The Room, doesn't make it good. But I also feel as a good chunk of its cult following is pseudo-intellectuals and moody teens

>I haven't even started on Frank yet
Oh god, please don't. Nothing screams "brilliant" like a fucking big rabbit.

Donnie Darko isn't a bad film mate, it just ain't great. Sorry for rustling your jimmies, but it shouldn't bother you too much as you mentioned you have a "life" about 60000 times in your post. Explains why you're arguing about Donnie Darko at 3 am on 4chan on a Saturday night.
>>
>>37166355
I've haven't watched Hateful Eight or completed Kill Bill, but I think I'd give them a watch eventually. As for Inglorious Bastards, I dropped it because it was too late when I was watching it. If I randomly get the urge to watch a movie, I'll try to watch it again.
>>
>>37166361
>I'm 19

All I need to know. You clearly haven't seen enough movies, you're 19. It's all good though, you got time. What are some of your favorites? Maybe I can give you some recommendations, I teach film to people around your age (a little younger, but point still stands).
>>
>>37166362
That doesn't even make sense you fucking retard
>>
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is like the funniest movie ever made
>>
Taxi Driver
>Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man.
>>
>>37166486
There was a second one?
>>
>>37166484
Not him, but what's your top 3?
>>
>>37166439

>I mean considering you're the one who brought up my "shit" opinions because you can't read, I don't see why you're upset.

I'm not upset but I am rather tired...and very tired of pretentious people overtaking this board. *cough*

>As for the movie having big ideas, yeah, it does. So? Big ideas don't mean shit when your movie is messy as fuck. I don't dislike the film, it has a lot to love, but goddamn is it a messy film. There's so much nonsense in that movie, it would be so much better if it focused more on the angst and less on the silly science crap. Because Kelly has no idea how to weave complex science into a decent narrative that serves any purpose other than being "deep science stuff" (see Southland Tales, it is awful).

"Silly science stuff" You clearly don't understand the concept, if you want I'll explain it to you but yet again I don't have all night to explain basic concepts.

>Dang, how original. It's not like there are any other, MUCH better films that have done the same thing (can list if needed, but if you've watched films for more than a few months you know some)

Yeah okay, sure whatever you say. Nothing beats that therapist fucking scene near the end though when Donnie realizes he's agnostic. I don't see that often in film. And his other opinions he's trying to deal with. It's well presented and not heavy handed like many other movies. Whatever.

>One of the better parts of the movie actually. But again, other movies have tackled this exact issue with much more nuance and depth (Before Sunrise, West Side Story, The Graduate, Harold and Maude)

"much more nuance" Uh no, please rewatch it. It's literally about as subtle as you can get. I don't think you have seen it in a while, friendo. It's very well represented in many scenes. The scene where they meet at the start, the halloween party it's purely well done.

1/2
>>
>>37165858
as good as a mainstream cult film gets
>>371660
over-rated art flick, on par with The Tree of Life and than some
>>37166079
comfy af
>>37165920
good but dont know if I'd ever watch it again
>>37165952
great
>>37165962
should have stopped making more after this one, really liked this
>>37165978
Hella weird but good none the less
>>37165989
Fuck this film
>>37165745
Probably my favourite in this thread
>>
>>37166507
Yeah, lol. The bald guy from the first one is like my idol. That guy is fucking hilarious
>>
>>37166519

>So does The Room, doesn't make it good. But I also feel as a good chunk of its cult following is pseudo-intellectuals and moody teens

Fuck off. This movie isn't liked "ironically" it's actually very interesting and thought provoking it touched many people young and old for a REASON. Douchebag.

>Oh god, please don't. Nothing screams "brilliant" like a fucking big rabbit.

Okay so you don't get that he WASNT A REAL FUCKING RABBIT. YOU MORON IT WAS A FUCKING COSTUME. It was a representation for Donnie's hallucinations... God you're ignorant. I'm only responding cause I'm convinced you're a troll.

2/2
>>
>Level headed Donnie Darko critics making actual points
Vs.
>Totally grown up 19 year old psuedo-intellectuals who value " thought-provoking scenes where Donnie questions whether god exists" with undeniable arguments such as "Go watch your hipster art film"
>>
>>37166521
>Fuck this film
Why?
>>
>>37166484

Of course you're a teacher, you're JUST pretentious enough. Don't quit your day job. OH WAIT ACTUALLY PLEASE DO ID HATE TO HAVE TO SIT IN YOUR BORING ASS CLASSROOM. Fucking cunt.

Age has NOTHING to do with it. Get a fucking life!

Also I enjoy many other brilliant films such as Gummo, Eraserhead, American Beauty, Superbad, Napoleon Dynamite, The Shining, the list goes on.
>>
>>37166541

Nice straw man. I'm open to directly responding to criticism yet I see none besides very over the top nitpicking of a movie he clearly does not understand.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (4KB, 98x144px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
4KB, 98x144px
For obvious reasons.
>Wizards I know you're lurking
>Get the fuck off 4chan and get back to wizchan.
Wizchan.org
>>
File: 1441.jpg (126KB, 672x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1441.jpg
126KB, 672x1000px
This is good ----------
>>
File: netflix-gems-timecrimes-1.jpg (35KB, 450x249px) Image search: [Google]
netflix-gems-timecrimes-1.jpg
35KB, 450x249px
>>37166521
Second reply was meant for >>37166031

My rec:
Timecrimes

A man accidentally gets into a time machine and travels back in time nearly an hour. Finding himself will be the first of a series of disasters of unforeseeable consequences.

Its foreign but the plot is really good, its kind of like a cross between Funny Games and Looper? Idk, just watch it, don't watch the trailer or read to much into it.
>>
>>37166557
>>37166519
>>37166532
are these posts made by actual women? all it needs is a "sweetie" thrown in and it'd be perfect.
>>
>>37166575
They show that movie all the time on tv.
>>
OH FUCK, SEX DRIVE

https://youtu.be/tmW1pt8EALk

guy is an incel who is catfished and steals chad brothers car to go across the country to get laid

So fucking robotic
>>
>>37166526
I thought it skipped to 3 for the joke? Still a funny movie.
>>
>>37166508
My top three are probably Ozu's Tokyo Story, Woody Allen's Annie Hall, and Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. Generic, I know, but they are what got me into film in my high school and college years, and have really shaped who I am today.
>>37166519
Pretentious is such a buzzword man, I just don't think Donnie Darko is an incredible film. It's not that I don't understand the science stuff, it's that it just isn't very compelling or interesting to me. It distracts from the interesting teen angst and coming of age aspects. I stand by saying that other films are more nuanced than Donnie fucking Darko. And no shit it isn't a real rabbit, I'm not an idiot. Doesn't change the fact that the metaphorical presentation of Donnie's mental state is a big, goofy looking rabbit.

Donnie Darko is a solid 3/5. It's good, not great, you're acting like I think it is awful
>>
>>37166584

No I am a man. Good one though, bozo.
>>
>>37166570
Is your version of "nitpicking" equal to "things I don't agree with"? I honestly can't believe you're so upset that someone said Donnie Darko was average.
>>
>>37165906
I feel like all the actors in that movie were on meth or something, or like, that's what the underlying factor for the plot was. some dude can't sleep because he's high on meth all the time
>>
>>37166485
how new are you quite exactly?
>>
>>37166544
Its trying to be meta, sincere and funny all at once. Might have been good as a sponsored vimeo short film.
>>
>>37166616

I own the DVD, the poster, the shirt, the Frank costume and have seen Donnie Darko over 25 times in the past year alone. Your comments, while adorable, simply do not matter at the end of the day. The true fans are above you. Be gone, peasant for you have a low intellectual level and do not belong among us. Please leave this board and do not return until you understand true art.

Your taste in film is laughable. ANNIE HALL? HAHAHAHAHA You must be in your 40's and wear thick framed glasses, no? Do you drive a Prius too? Holy shit you are a weird fucker. Goofy? The being known as Frank is terrifying, he was literally the same version of his past family over and over. Literally the beginning and the end. You simply are not getting this: Reality is a matter of perception. Look deeper into the art before you put it in a fucking box, capiche? This movie changed my life, it showed me that some movies understand teenage angst, depression, suicidal thoughts, mental disorders shown in various ways such as hallucinations and utterly amazing plot storylines and concepts. You have no merit here. Please kindly rewatch it and maybe one day you'll get it.
>>
>>37166557
Okay, except age literally does have to do with it, me being around on the planet and dedicating my career to watching and teaching films has had me see more movies than you.

Anyway, you listed some good films there, none are bad but I'd personally say most aren't brilliant (Gummo, Eraserhead, Superbad, and The Shining are I think, brilliant). Based on your tastes, I think you'd really enjoy Mike Leigh's film Naked if you haven't seen it, as well as more Lynch and Korrine (Spring Breakers for Korrine, and literally everything except Dune for Lynch). Aside from that, based on your taste in comedy, may I suggest Dazed and Confused if you have not seen it? Features much of the same coming-of-age comedy of Superbad and Napoleon Dynamite, except I find it to be much more profound and compelling than those two films.
>>
>>37166682
Not who youre talking to but the fact that im their age and sharing the board with actual professional adulters like teachers is real fuckin bizarre
>>
>>37166675
That's really great the film had such a profound impact on you. That's the magic of film after all.

I still don't think it is that great after viewing it I think three times since release. After this debate though, I am curious to maybe give it another viewing, I do believe I have the bluray still.
>>
>>37166675
whats a dvd? never heard of it
>>
>>37166717
>>37166682

Fair enough, I'll check those out. Heard of Dazed and Confused but never saw it. And yeah it truly had an impact on me. Definitely watch it again. This was fun, it is odd a professor is on 4chan though. Kek.
>>
>>37166675

Dude you're going to become The Donnie Darko Guy if you keep making posts like this. You'll be the next new meme around here.
>>
>>37166759

>implying hes not a bored troll
>>
>>37166675

I bet you cut a hole for your dick into that costume and jerk off in the mirror, don't you. I can just imagine some fuck calling themselves the Big Bad Rabbit Man while doing that too. You sick bitch.
>>
>>37166710
Such is what happens when you've been on this shitshow of a website for so long. I come here by habit at this point, and got very excited to see a movie thread. Shame it derailed into some fanboys flipping shit over someone not thinking their favorite film is a masterpiece, but whatever, life moves on I suppose. I was talking to some 19 year old kid who claimed he has seen a lot of movies. I believe he has, I know I sure did at 19, but as I've grown older I've realized there are SO many movies and movements and stuff throughout the history of film. I still feel like at times I've barely scratched the surface, and I teach film.
>>37166743
Wish I was a professor, I teach high school English and film studies. Way too lazy to put in the effort for a PHD, although I do love my job. Whenever a film connects with a student on a deeper level, I feel such a great sense of satisfaction. I was that lonely kid whose best friends were movies growing up, and in many senses I still am. I guess that's why I'm still here, on 4chan, talking about movies. You'll love Dazed and Confused I think, Linklater has such a knack for creating very real and personable dialogue.
>>
>>37166675
I'm one of the two Donnie Darko critics in this thread. This post honestly has brought me to my knees. I'm shaking. I understand now that I truly understand nothing. I am superbly sorry that I ever thought to attempt to shake the foundation of what stands as possibly the most stout fandom to ever bless a single film. I am totally blown away.
>>
>Ferris Bueller's Day Off
trying to remember more movies
>>
File: 1446072844572.jpg (3KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1446072844572.jpg
3KB, 125x122px
>>37166759

>Dude you're going to become The Donnie Darko Guy if you keep making posts like this
>>
>>37166825
Im op, im actually 19 too. Donnie darko is good but im not obssessed with it. Im obssessed with the Ladder, Gummo, Lost Highway, and synechdoche ny. I have a horribly plebeian guilty pleasure in the lotr trilogy too. Wish they'd do a fucking Silmarillion. And i wish they didnt decide to rape the dark tower movie in the ass
>>
Damn, what happened to this fucking thread? I recommended a movie an hour ago and just came back to check to see if anyone commented my recommendation and it devolved into an autismfest over whether Donnie Darko is the best movie ever or a better than average movie. Never change, robots.
>>
>>37166911
I too, was obsessed with Gummo. To the point where much of my college days were spent trying to make my own Gummo-esque film. I was obsessed with the idea of beauty in the filth and ordinary, taking elements of exploitation and Italian neo-realism almost to create something utterly banal while also being in some way art. I could never do it, but I still think about that film all the time to this day.
>>
>>37166911
I'm kind of butthurt about the Dark Tower movie too

>>37166847
I think Cameron from that movie is a lot like a robot
>>
>>37166964
Ive never even tried to make a movie. I dont have any friends or anything, it would be pretty hard. It could be like 2070 or something and i would still remember the pool scene with the roy orbison song
>>
>>37167016
Let me tell you, making a movie is not easy. But I think you should at least attempt it if you are interested in it at all. It's a pretty great learning experience, albeit extremely frustrating. I failed miserably in my few attempts, but I still work on writing stuff I'll never like to this day.
>>
>>37166996
>inb4 gabrielle deschain stays white
>inb4 steven deschain is black
>inb4 marten becomes black
>inb4 eddie is also black but susannah is turned white

*semitic man with his hand crassly stuffed into his pants breathing heavily*
>>
>>37166996
The dood worrying about his dad's car? I thought he was pretty cool.
>>
>>37167069
>>37167069
Oh wow, they made Eddie black? Susannah white? It's like they're trying to make everything ass backwards
>>
>>37167145
I was memeing. I believe its just roland wholl be black

What i was getting at is it would ve pretty funny if they changed all that stuff to blatantly try to push a racemixing agenda
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
only movie to make me cry in my adult life
>>
>>37167387
Click is actually about adam sandler drinking too much dxm syrup for his cough and tripping the fuck out at bed bath and beyond
>>
>>37167387
What about UP? I'm usually cynical, but that music dood. It's too good not to cry to.
>>
>>37166072
Wait so he isn't dead or is he dead?
>>
>>37167535
Yes, but from the point when he is bayoneted to the end, is an intense, hallucinatory deathtrip, what a fucking way to go
>>
>>37165781
OP was stupid to mention those as relevant movies. Jacob's Ladder is a genuinely great horror movie, not simple gore/shock bullshit like the other two
>>
John Wick was pretty good.
i'm thingken i'm back.
>>
>>37167409
Its also the spiritual sequel to Punch Drunk Love, a film where Sandler indulges in daily ketamine bumps whilst catatonically masquerading as a small town plunger manufacturer
>>
>>37166759
He's obviously baiting, you utter insect

I mean just read this:
>Also I enjoy many other brilliant films such as Gummo, Eraserhead, American Beauty, Superbad, Napoleon Dynamite, The Shining, the list goes on.
>>
File: 6636500.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
6636500.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>37165745
>that poster
kek
>>
>>37166675
Can this be a new copypasta?
>>
Does anyone have that webm of the nazi finding out the girl he's with is a jew and the next scene cuts to her hanging with him smoking next to her body? Also what movie is it from?
>>
>>37165865
just watched this. the ending was kind dumb though.
>>
File: Klass_(film)_poster.jpg (67KB, 368x525px) Image search: [Google]
Klass_(film)_poster.jpg
67KB, 368x525px
Totally serious here

Best bullying/school shooter film I have seen

This would probably get banned in american theaters
>>
atomised (the elementary particle)

the teacher cummed on his student paper and gave it back.
>>
>>37166610
I agree with the critic, Donnie crapo, literally the title has the work "dark" thrown in as subtle as the rest of the "big" ideas in it.

"Cellar door"
More like cellar who're

My only reason I liked it because he told a fat chink,
"Go back to China"

The whole movie was stale and I'll never watch it again. You're just another emo fat who looks for meaning and depth where there is only the surface and nothing else and you fall for this terrible shit. Go be a angsty teen again. Oh wait your still in that mindset. No wonder you come here.

I'm 26 btw
>>
It's just a fucking movie, jesus christ.

Besides, The Matrix is the best movie ever made.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (80KB, 414x599px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
80KB, 414x599px
The dirties(2013)
Two best friends are filming a comedy about getting revenge on the bullies at their high school. One of them isn't joking.
>>
File: comedy-poster-sundance-2.jpg (195KB, 847x1041px) Image search: [Google]
comedy-poster-sundance-2.jpg
195KB, 847x1041px
I searched and downloaded the image for this poster so you BETTER look at it.

>Indifferent to the notion of inheriting his father's estate, a restless, aging New Yorker passes time with his friends in games of mock sincerity and irreverence.

It's 4chan in a nutshell in my opinion.
>>
>>37170477
Excuse shit opinion, the first half of this is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and the ending is one of the most memorable I've ever seen.
>>
roastie gets what she deserves. has some intense moments
>>
I'm a way-old dabbler here. I suppose many here watch movies on torrent? How does a guy who doesn't use torrents get obscure movies?
>>
>>37172220
I used to use 1channel. They dont always have what i want though, sometimes im shit out of luck

And actually now it isnt even working anymore what the fuck

Good question

Where to stream movies on mobile, anyone?
>>
>>37172220
Private trackers for some of the more obscure stuff
>>
File: manchester wojack.jpg (125KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
manchester wojack.jpg
125KB, 710x842px
>>37165745
Manchester by the Sea has the ultimate robot in it
Despite his normie husband/Bostoner past, the guy is straight up 9000% robotic. I thought someone had followed me around for a day and taken my character for a movie
>>
>>37166021
>>>/tv/
take your pedo inclinations elsewhere
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (99KB, 580x866px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
99KB, 580x866px
The ultimate fembot movie imo
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.