[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you all think of this movie? I think it was wrong how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 11

What do you all think of this movie?

I think it was wrong how his "friends" forced him to change, he seemed happy in the beginning of the movie.
>>
File: 1441238489539.jpg (74KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1441238489539.jpg
74KB, 500x461px
>only 13 more years until 40yo virgin
>>
>>36840504
His friends did it for the benefit of the white race

also to make their friend's penis feel good idiots
>>
He wasn't happy. He had gone so long without any kind of human affection that he had convinced himself he didn't need it. He was a manchild living a delusion, just like you.
>>
The main point of the movie was ironic yet none of the normies making it or watching it caught on
>brah stop putting the pussy on a pedal stool
>you gotta change everything about yourself and make your primary goal in life to get pussy
>>
Let's put an end to this once and for all shall we?
You probably saw the movie 40 year old virgin and thought it was hilarious how a that man lived with his nerdy lifestyle and sexless life. It was a movie about that guys rise from the decadent, boring life into an exciting, sex full and normal life, right? Wrong. Think about it.
The titular 40 year old virgin started his day with a little exercise, made his breakfast and rode his bike to work. When he got to work we saw that he didn't have the best job in the world, and probably not the best pay in the world, but he liked it, he liked doing his job, and had enough money to buy all the shit he wanted.
After work, he rode his bike home, greeted his friendly neighbors and spent his night playing videogames, watching movies, painting figures and building models, in other words, he did whatever the fuck he wanted.
>>
>>36840504
I also pondered over that. At the end of the movie, when he finally has sex and suddenly everything becomes blissful? What a shitty conclusion
>>
>>36840675
Now this is where it gets tricky, he went out with his co-workers and let slip the fact that he was a virgin. They immediately start making fun of him, which makes him feel bad about his virginity. Remember, he never once felt bad about it, he was living a happy existence, peer pressure was the only reason why he even thought about it.
Suddenly he is going to nightclubs, he's drinking, talking to women and does he feel happy about it? No, he feels awkward, but he can't stay a virgin right? That's just silly.
After a few failed attempts, he finally meets a women that seems to like him, gives him her number, they go out a few times and eventually, she's ready to have sex but ups, her teenage daughter walks in on them. This is an important part, because now you realize that this women has 3 children, a man in his early 20's who doesn't live with her, so that's ok, a teenage girl and a young boy. Suddenly, the poor 40 year old virgin finds that he has to take care of 2 obnoxious kids, but that's not enough.
>>
>>36840685
The women finally sees the virgin's apartment, and marvels at his action figures. She immediately says "hey, let's sell this kiddy shit", the virgin doesn't want to sell it, he likes having all that shit, but is pressured buy the women anyway, because HER little store is going to sell the toys, so more profit for her. Remember, this women is supposed to be miss right, the nice, mature women that you should marry.
The guy finally snaps because he realizes how much his lifestyle changed, but it's too late now, after a couple of high jinks he asks her to marry him and he eventually has sex.
In conclusion, the poor bastard left his happy carefree life and is left with a women who doesn't like his nerdy shit and two kids who aren't his but he has to raise anyway. His free time his gone, his money his gone, his toys are gone and his independence is gone, but that's ok, at least he had sex.
>>
>>36840605
Its pedestal not pedal stool
>>
>>36840590
>He wasn't happy. He had gone so long without any kind of human affection that he had convinced himself he didn't need it.
no thats the kind of crap cults tell people to convince them of their brand of bullshit
>>
>>36840675
>>36840685
>>36840699

Great analysis! I fully agree with you! His life was ruined by the end of the movie.
>>
>>36840504
I literally couldn't watch this movie when I was still a virgin. It physcially hurt.
>>
>>36840556
>His friends did it for the benefit of the white race
even by your dumb stormfag standards he fails cause he end up raising someone elses kids.
>>
>>36840504
if you can make that argument, you can also say that women, his parents, and old acquaintances "forced" him to become a virgin loser who has pathetic hobbies at 40.

you cannot have one without the other. either you believe he is a total doormat without any discipline or self respect, or you believe that he makes his own life choices, compromising only where he sees a benefit to. if the real him is that he's supposed to be a virgin loser, you've missed the point of the movie entirely.
>>
>>36840903
The point of the movie is that Apatow is such a massive cuck he cant mentally deal with people dropping out of the game so he made the movie as a personal fuck you to all people different than him
>>
>>36840938
no. you missed the point.
>>
>>36841036
Theres a Japanese proverb
"the nail that sticks out gets hammered down"
thats the kind of message I felt the movie was trying to send.
>>
>>36841036
Theres nothing wrong with being a virgin. He wasnt unhappy in the beginning of the movie. He was bullied by his coworkers.
>>
>>36841036
Oh please enlighten us then.
>>
>>36840806
>when I was still a virgin
>>>/out/
>>
>>36841186
I still am but I use to Also.
>>
I feel nothing about what was an average rom-com. This thread however makes me realise how ridiculous and make Tumblr-ish /r9k/ is.
>>
>>36841069
1. he doesn't stick out; he's a boring loser who keeps to himself.
2. in these kinds of movies everybody "sticks out" and is supposed to be a unique character. there was no attempt to make them identical or part of a hivemind.
3. a message as violent as what you suggest wouldn't end in a cliche happy outcome.

you're wrong.
>>
>>36841246
Oh my god youre a retard. Sticking out refers to anyone who isnt normal and a 40 yo virgin isnt. The hammering down part isnt meant to be taken literally. But nice bait I guess.
>>
>>36841083
there's nothing wrong with bullying either XDDD

what were the consequences for him to continue to not have sex? why did he feel shame when thinking about it? the movie isn't about happiness, but about fulfillment and companionship. on the surface, nobody is unhappy. if you accept the actions he took at the beginning, you can accept the actions he took over the course of the movie. they are still his actions.
>>
>>36841342
>refers to anyone who isn't normal
there are almost no normal characters in the movie.

he overcame his fears. if that makes you think of the proverb of a nail getting hammered down, i'm p. sure that's a personal problem.
>>
>>36841246
>he doesn't stick out
he's a 40 year old virgin aanon, of course he does , and thats the part that gets hammered down.
>>
>>36841456
You still dont fully understand the proverb do you?
>>
>>36841500
only if you also believe that someone hammered down any desire he had to have relationships with women for 40 years.
>>
>>36840504
He was clearly unhappy as fuck. If he had been so happy with his life, he wouldn't have played along with his friends' retarded attempts at getting him laid.

And aren't you supposed to feel happy for him for finally getting laid?

Fucking freaks.
>>
>>36841530
>supposed to feel happy for him getting laid

What, to someone that could have been his mother and on top of that she threw two annoying kids on his ass? No, he came out on the losing side.
>>
>>36841512
you don't represent violent conformity with a quirky story about a guy overcoming his fears and getting what he wants.
>>
>>36841530
>If he had been so happy with his life, he wouldn't have played along with his friends' retarded attempts at getting him laid
This.
He always wanted to get laid but tricked himself into distraction and then co-workers reminded him of this thought.
>>
>>36841530
>And aren't you supposed to feel happy for him for finally getting laid?
he has to raise someone elses kids to do it,
like a couple minutes of pleasure for that?
>>
>>36841560
He only wanted it because some jew cuck writer wrote it like that. No real 40yo virgin wants to have sex. Thats why theyre a virgin in the first place.
>>
I think I've seen parts of it, but never watched all the way through.
All I remember is he starts dating a single mom who forces him to sell his prized collectibles.
Its literally "Man up and marry some used up roastie, fuck your hobbies".
>>
>>36841601
i agree, but the movie is what it is. i think there are a few other movies out there that aren't realistic.
>>
Do you really have to talk to women irl to get laid? Like normal men talk to women until they have sex with them? Thats so surreal. How many women does a normal talk to on a weekly basis?
>>
>>36840504
I couldn't watch it because I was afraid that it would be me in that position one day
>>
>>36841530
>If he had been so happy with his life, he wouldn't have played along with his friends' retarded attempts at getting him laid.
>what is peer pressure
His closest friends mocked him for being different.
>>
>>36841557
>>36841580

She's in her 40s. Most women have children by that age. And she's the only one of the girls he could even be happy with. The young chicks he tried with were retarded and he didn't click with them.

You guys are dipshits and need to watch the movie again.
>>
>>36841649
Those were his coworkers not friends. Unless normies have some really lax definitions of friends
>>
>>36841654
>Most women have children by that age
So? He isnt most people. Why doesnt he deserve to lose his viriginity with an equal partner like the rest?
>>
>>36840504
I just realised I'm the opposite of this movie

>turn 17, become douchebag and have gfs and sex for like 5 years straight
>whyamisounhappy.jpeg
>start playing warcraft 3 one night
>whyamisohappy.png
>ditch gf, grow hair out, start playing vidya and isolating self and collecting toys and TCG cards and shit again

Much happier now, girls are fucking scum and so are normies lol. Don't believe the hype about sex.
>>
>>36841649
>peer pressure
what are you 13? if he changed his life because he was being mocked, then he never had his own life to begin with.
>>
>>36841669
REEEEE NORMIE LEAVE REEEE NORMIE LEAVE
>>
>>36840534
>>36841186
Just fuck some cheap hooker that offers GFE and remember to tell her you have no idea what you are doing when it comes to sex.
>>
>>36840590
>>36840758
Is this first spelling ironic? Is this second post ironic?

moral of the story is that I read into situations and imagine entire worlds where anything is possible
>>
>>36841668
>Why doesnt he deserve to lose his viriginity with an equal partner like the rest?
Because he's fucking 40 too.
>>
>>36841694
>being able to get sexually intimate with a stranger
L I T E R A L L Y H O W
>>
>>36841669
>plays with dolls
>"other people are scum lol"

the opposite of the movie would be if some religious family encouraged you to become celibate. you don't need to regress into living like a child to get the point across.
>>
>>36841723
Just do it you faggot. It is her job and she does it for a living. She'll understand.
>>
>>36841749
Just ignore him. Normies cant deal with not fitting in. Just let him think he fits in with the losers
>>
>>36841668
Because he was fucking 40. There are pretty much no sexually inexperienced women without kids left at that point. He doesnt really have someone on his level, because of how far out there he was.

I hated the movie because of how his friends tried to make him get rid of it and did shit that was really screwed up but having to date a single mom is probably the most realistic part of the entire thing.

>>36841658
They do. Hence why he spent all of his time with them.
>>
>>36841772
anyone can fit in with losers. you just have to smell bad and keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>36841766
No I'm talking about the erection part. I never had an erection in public (i.e. outside of my room). How am I supposed to get sexually aroused in front of a stranger? I'm not into that
>>
>>36841783
They didnt treat him like a friend. If you really think thats what friendship is like I feel really great about not having friends.
>>
>>36841785
You still failed at it.
>>
>>36841822
REEEEEEEEEEE fuxk
>>
>>36841794
>I'm not into that
Sounds like it's not your thing at all then.
>>
>>36841809
>If you really think thats what friendship is like I feel really great about not having friends
Hence why the movie bugged me on many levels. I wasnt really a fan of how they were basically encouraging him to nail drunk chicks vomiting in his car and to ditch all of the hobbies. But I mean, that was their narrative. That they are his friends and they're trying to get him laid.
>>
>>36841783
>Because he was fucking 40. There are pretty much no sexually inexperienced women without kids left at that point.
then why bother at that point?
raising someone elses kids is some serous cuckoldry i wouldn't even wish on my enemies.
>>
>>36841841
Why do you think im a virgin
>>
>>36841858
>then why bother at that point?
Because he wanted to have sex and a relationship. If you consider the cons to outweigh the pros more power to you, but we have people dating single mothers even when there are alternatives without all of that baggage available. It just means more or less to some people.

Not to mention the kids were basically mostly grown at that point and he was serving something more like the cool uncle role.
>>
>>36841866
Assumed you were one of the two people I originally replied to.
>>
>>36841901
>Because he wanted to have sex and a relationship. If you consider the cons to outweigh the pros more power to you, but we have people dating single mothers even when there are alternatives without all of that baggage available. It just means more or less to some people.
What alternatives?
>>
>>36841668
The amount of pure sexless virgins is a RIDICULOUSLY tiny percentage compared to the amount of men that are that way. The ending to the movie was realistic.
>>
>>36841907
Doesnt sound like they like the idea of fucking a hooker either
>>
>>36841923
Women without kids. I'm talking about people in like, their late 20s and early 30s. There are tons of women without a kid you can date, but there are still a number of men who go through with it anyways. Not for me, but as I said its just not as big a deal for some people.
>>
>>36841936
Most likely not. To me it was a turning point.
>>
>>36841954
>I'm talking about people in like, their late 20s and early 30s
Those girls been riding cock carousel since early 20's.
>>
>>36841967
Ah so youre one of those normies who thinks what worked for them will work for everyone. Got it.
>>
>>36841691
If it helps, I was dumped by both of the girls for being an autistic weirdo, and all their friends made fun of me. There are several photos of me at parties wearing fedoras and one where I tried to make a fucking MLP costume for a dress-up party when I was 19.

I made myself sound a lot cooler in the greentext than I am.

I'll admit I'm a normie for being non-virgin though.
>>
>>36842024
REEE NORMIE REEEE LEAVE REEEEE NORMIE LEAVE REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36841991
Maybe sort of. Never had a friend though.
>>
>>36841794
I find this a highly unlikely post. Everyone gets non-voluntary erections especially between ages 10-20.
>>
>>36842055
Those arent sexual though.
>>
>>36842024
>I tried to make a fucking MLP costume for a dress-up party
>>
>>36841694
>Just fuck some cheap hooker
How? Idk where to find them or how to contact one. I think you're confusing us with normies
>>
>>36842108
You can likely find one online. Read the profile carefully, check reviews and then send an polite SMS. The polite part is really important, don't send them a message directly saying you want to fuck or anything like that. They know that already.
>>
File: spooked.png (123KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
spooked.png
123KB, 633x758px
>25 khv
>assburgers
>tfw slowly approaching the age where most of the girls of my age are already marrying
>tfw never even touched hands or talked to a girl

This shit is freaking me out. I don't really mind if I never get a career or money or any of that stuff, but the idea of remaining kisless hugless virgin all the way to my adulthood is fucking my shit up. I never got to experience teen love, I never had a high school sweetheart, I never been to a date, never had first kiss etc.

And when I say assburgers, I really do men assburgers. As in legit diagnosed asperger's syndrome. I have pretty high IQ, I'm tall, not fat etc. but my social skills are pretty bad. I can go through 4 years of school and not make a single new friend. No, I'm not a neckbeard nor a brony or anything like that, just a really awkard nerd.

I have no clue what the fuck to do to improve my situation. Of course I could just go fuck a hooker and get it over with, but the virginity alone is not what bothers me. I want a relationship, and I need a relationship. Not that I would jump on relationship with just anobody, I just want to have someone to spend the rest of my life with and I have no clue how to achieve that.
I can do lots of complex computer and electronics related stuff, but when it comes to human relationships I'm absolutely clueless.
>>
>>36842108
This. Backpage hookers require the same level of social skills as normal women. Plus you have to pay more than a date ever would cost. Its really weird. If I had the skills to hire a hooker I'd rather try to use those skills to get a real woman.
>>
>>36842141
>and then send an polite SMS
What words do you put in there? Exactly. None of that weird vague normie bullshit.
>>
>>36842154
The point is that they don't care about what you look like.
>>
>>36842169
>"Hi. I'm a x-year-old male. Got free time on day y?"
That will do.
>>
>>36842150
If you want a relationship with a woman then how have you never talked to one? I dont understand that.
>>
>>36842150
Well you should try to get in a relationship if you want one, no girl will just go up to you and court you and ask you to be her bf ya know, unless you are very good looking.
You are a 25 y/o khv so I'm assuming you are not that good looking, you better start going on dates son.
>>
>>36842178
Yes they do lol. Have you ever seen the list of requirements of most decent looking hookers?
>>
>>36840504
He seemed happy by the end too. He got closer to his friends and got to experience something he never had before.
>>
>>36842141
>You can likely find one online.
again, with the normie shit. Do you expect me to google "where to find a hooker in my area"?
>>
>>36840504
my uncle is 60 and still doesnt have a job
>>
>>36842226
Actually yes. Whatever, I just realized I'm not a "robot" at all and more like some caricature of a human being straight out of American Psycho. I'll just fuck off this board forever.
>>
>>36842247
Do you normally get bullied by your friends?
>>
>>36842247
>His friends did it for the benefit of the white race
>also to make their friend's penis feel good idiots

Yeah, some virgin nerds take it as an attack on our lifestyle because of how things turned out, but you have to remember it was literally written that way, he was written to be a guy dissatisfied with his life of sexlessness, hes not you or I.
>>
File: andd.jpg (137KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
andd.jpg
137KB, 320x480px
>>36840504
I loved it and thought it was funny and I could relate to Andy in a way that some people couldn't believe. I'm 24 and I can see myself in the same place he was at 40 but I'm seriously a real life Andy in personality when it comes to interacting with women in anything sex related.

Sadly, normies think it's a "lol so funny he's a virgin!! laugh at him" movie
>>
>>36841794
>I never had an erection in public
How is this possible? Not even in the movie theatre during a sexy scene? Not even in class thinking about fucking the shit out of your english teacher?
>>
>>36842150
see a therapist

i sure hope this is an original post
>>
What I don't understand is that why did Steve Carrell's character have to give up all the hobbies he enjoyed?
>>
File: 1465992772695.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465992772695.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
Never watched it nor do I have any intention to, I've seen a couple of scenes of the film and it didn't do much for me, I've never been a big fan of Steve Carrell nor American humour in general, its too bright, cheery and overtly optimistic rather than gritty and down to Earth. Not to mention that comedies rarely have much substance (The Big Lebowski & Ferris Bueller's Day Off being of few exceptions to such). I couldn't care less about people weeping about the stigma contained within the film. I'll likely die a virgin, so what? I place no value on intercourse and consider self-development far more important - should an afterlife exist then one has an eternity to participate in such an act, if not then it wouldn't matter anyway.

>>36840556
Let's be honest though, having brown eyes and brown hair dilutes that idea as they are still the overly dominant genes that non-whites possess (and who really wants brown hair? It lacks contrast and exclusivity). That stance would be more appropriate for someone with a recessive eye/hair colour.

>>36842150
And? Look, I could tell you to change yourself, do x or act like y in the off-chance that it might help you get a girlfriend - though no doubt you've heard it all before. If you care so much about such a commitment then you already know what to do, but under any circumstances do not stress about it. Assuming that you work as an engineer or anywhere near the software industry it shouldn't be too hard to find a mail-order bride or anything of the sort. Better yet, do what my once-NEET now blue-collar council brother did - get a quick job, earn some money then travel abroad going from youth hostel to another, there you save money instead of booking more expensive hotels and also meet and socialize with new people. Seeing how my brother went from lying in his bed all day and pissing into bottles to having tons of friends and a very fun life with shit-tons of adventure it shouldn't be too hard.
>>
>>36842255
My uncle is 55 and still doesn't have a job,is late for him.
>>
>>36843983

You have to read between the lines. He was obviously happier as he began to change his life but was afraid of the transition and leaving his old self behind.

He was a failed normie who lived in denial for most of his life, he may have genuinely enjoyed his hobbies, but they weren't filling the void that he had..
>>
>>36840605
>pedal stool
>not pedestal
get out of here you auto-correcting phoneposter
>>
>>36841783
what about college-aged girls at nerd conventions or something
>>
the third option is that he just found the wrong woman that didn't love him for who he was.

i don't think he should've changed much by the end, but i dont think its healthy to be alone either
>>
File: wat.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>36840504

Well that was oddly coincidental OP, Was watching it right now on Netflix, He ends up going out with a roastie who said herself "she went out with all the bad boys" before which is fucking hilarious, the daughter was hot
>>
>>36845776
(((netflix))))
I'd cancel if I were you.
Piracy is an improvement.
>>
>>36846501

Its my mums, she pays for it, I piggyback on it.
>>
File: reee1.jpg (124KB, 912x563px) Image search: [Google]
reee1.jpg
124KB, 912x563px
>>36840699

>The guy finally snaps because he realizes how much his lifestyle changed

Very much so, See how much he gets sick of her shit and pretty much goes full r9k
>>
File: ree2.jpg (94KB, 911x554px) Image search: [Google]
ree2.jpg
94KB, 911x554px
>>36846546

oregino 2
>>
File: ree3.jpg (107KB, 910x550px) Image search: [Google]
ree3.jpg
107KB, 910x550px
>>36846558

Its a shame he didn't fuck Beth desu, He was in there.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.