[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone thought of doing what he did? (minus starving to death)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Into-the-wild.jpg (33KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
Into-the-wild.jpg
33KB, 300x442px
anyone thought of doing what he did? (minus starving to death)
I'm really considering it, I would do more planning and be more prepared though.
>>
I'd like to do something close to it...yet here I am using 4chan
>>
>>36685273
same here, I think about it constantly but never pull the trigger, It takes a lot of nuts, I'll probably just keep shitposting forever.
>>
>>36685302
Until the site dies or it becomes the next newgrounds

Which may have already happened

By wasting so much time on herw I'm not doing anything towards the attainment of my degree
>>
File: 1449790834602.jpg (696KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1449790834602.jpg
696KB, 2048x1365px
>>36685181
>minus starving to death

Am I the only one who thinks starving to death in such a peaceful environment sounds pretty comfy?
>>
>>36686023
>Am I the only one

yes, It sounds extremely painful.
>>
File: 2.jpg (65KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
65KB, 620x413px
>>36686023
>starving to death
>pretty comfy

Not even.

>be born into christfag family
>be sixteen or so
>really get serious about faith
>church announces a week of prayer and fasting
>hellyeah.pdf
>time to get closer to god, whatever that meant
>day 1: no food or water.
>spend entire day reading bible and praying in my room
>day 2: same except feel really weak and almost pass out
>day 3: wake up in the morning feeling very feverish
>whole body is on fire from dehydration
>haven't had food or water for two days now
>feeling so frail i can hardly get up
>feel really dizzy trying to walk
>fuckthisshit
>crawl to the kitchen
>open faucet and drink like a gallon of water
>eat peanut butter and jelly sandwich, apples and then an actual breakfast

It was the opposite of comfy desu senpai
>>
I just got home from Alaska for work
I was in the Juneau area
Alaska is huge and it's basically it's own country separate from the United states
There is so much wildlife there too
>>
>>36685181
>minus starving to death
But that's the main part of the plan
>>
>>36685181
I think about it a lot, though I'm not sure if I'll ever muster up the drive to actually do something like that. So much of conventional living seems like absolute unnecessary bullshit and it's frustrating and lonely to be completely surrounded by people who don't see that
I'd rather die young and happy than old and miserable
>>
>missing the point of the movie this hard

wow
>>
>>36686668
What kind of work did you do there?
Did it pay well?

I visited Alaska last year because my cousins live there. It really was like being in another land. I've never experienced that level of wilderness and isolation before.
>>
>>36686370
You do realize you can eat and drink past certain hours, right
>>
>>36687703
That's one way to fast.

But at the time, I was a pentecostal Christian, and they liked to take things to the extreme. It all seemed pretty normal until I learned better.
>>
Think about it every day

I have a car but only $3000 dollars to my name
I like to think that once I reach the point where I'd be fully ok with killing myself I'd go do what he did
>>
>>36686046
>For you
Origamioriginalio
>>
Lemme get this straight, you're here asking a bunch of slobbering robot shut ins for advice on living in the wild, off the grid? For god's sake 99% in here would've killed themselves if their connection went down for more than 12h.
>>
>>36685181
Don't do it you dumb fuck. Build a fucking cabin and carry a 30.06.
>>
>>36688351
this, if you're gonna ask on 4chan at least ask >>>/out/
>>
>>36685181
I just read this book. I don't think anyone who uses /r9k/ would do anything that he did.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.