[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was supposed to go to an anon thinking about isolation but the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: social-isolation-2.jpg (120KB, 600x306px) Image search: [Google]
social-isolation-2.jpg
120KB, 600x306px
>>36499246
I was home """schooled""" from 12 to 19, from about 15 on I had decided one day that there was nothing for me outside the apartment so I stayed in that day and nearly every other day until age 19. My social skills became abysmal, my loneliness was impalpable, my body and mind became weak and atrophied and I started talking to myself when no one was around. Meeting old friends again at the peak of my isolation was like greeting a stranger from another country who spoke an all but different language and that went for both parties. I became strange and people became strange to me in turn. Being young without anyone but an aloof and distant brother, a father stuck to a computer he loved to yell at and an ever-busy mother took its toll on me. I had planned to kill myself every day and dreamt about climbing to the top of the building and falling until the dream was over.

We moved from the apartment to my grandma's house at 19 where I was put into GED school for 2 months. I finally had to be somewhere people were every day and I had a goal to strive for. This saved my life I think but the effects are still there. Nearly 23 and in college now but I get into slumps, people, assignments and my ineptitude with it all have made me anxious and stressed. I fall back into my old ways constantly and find myself a recluse sapped of willpower or purpose, following a routine of nothing and making myself even worse.

Social isolation fucked me up, perhaps permanently. Humans weren't supposed to live this way, keep trying. Don't fall into the abyss or you will never escape.
>>
Should had made this thread asking if anyone else went through significant isolation since I'm interested in that. Oh well, wanted to send this to the OP most of all.
>>
File: 1489137866298.png (207KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
1489137866298.png
207KB, 403x433px
I always here about how everyone was isolated as a kid and that's why they're fucked up. I had all the opportunities, but no-one liked me in school from day one. It was a sad spiral for the next 6 years
>>
>>36505502
In a way, that's also a kind of isolation, only they isolated you away from them. Either way, sorry to hear that, would definitely had messed me up just as much as I had been.
>>
>>36505741
I was poor and wasn't allowed to mix with the neighbourhood kids because of my mum. From 9 until 15 I was alone at school, and all I did otherwise was watch TV or read. I finally could afford a PC at 15 after 4 years of saving, and that's how I first talked to people properly; online. That's all I've had since
>>
>>36505835
This pretty much. I had 4 or 5 good friends that I would play video games with almost every day after school. We'd usually play MMOs or competitive shooters but most of the time the games didn't really matter, it was just a venue for us to talk really.

I remember one of the guys in the group had aspergers but still managed to have a decent 7/10 girlfriend. Still kind of boggles my mind to this day but that's kind of irrelevant I guess.
>>
File: IMG_3524.png (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3524.png
28KB, 200x200px
I'm 22 and I was homeschooled from 13 to 18 and I have been neet shut in since then. Getting $400AUD per week for being a sperg. It's great, I visit hookers twice a week with my neetbux, which is more sex than the average wagecuck normie gets. And I still have money left for alcohol, going out, and paying for my car service/petrol. I'm also in peak physical condition because I do calisthenics every morning. You're probably just depressed, neet shut in life is truly heaven if you can get someone to support you.
>>
>>36505835
I've only ever had shallow and short-lived friendships with people online but I've seen people say they've had otherwise so hopefully you didn't feel completely alone while online at least.
>>
>>36506035
That's why I used my own experiences instead of answering the other OP in broad statements, I'm not everyone else and the lifestyle I lived where other people and everything outside a room didn't really exist affected me more than it may others.

I do agree that I may be depressed but I think being isolated from other people might've caused it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.