[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone experimented with social isolation? I'm a 20

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: uneral.jpg (36KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
uneral.jpg
36KB, 300x272px
Has anyone experimented with social isolation?

I'm a 20 year old neet living with my parents and I've been thinking about going full hibernation mode - deleting and blocking every form of social media and essentially shutting myself off from all of my irl friends (i have 3). Lately I've found myself being jealous and angry at my friend because of their good normie lifes while I'm rotting away in my room.

I usually love being alone and not seeing other humans for a week or so, but because I see my friends having great experiences like having relationships or doing cool things it makes me feel horrible to the point where I get suicidal thoughts sometimes. So I feel it would be healthy for me to be fully isolated from everyone except my parents who provide for me and only leave my room when it is unavoidable. I had a date with a qt a week ago but I can't bring myself to text her again because i truly only feel good when i am alone and in my room.

Does anyone have experience with this? I still like my friends but I have to put my health first I feel
>>
>>36499246
Easy to get posture problems, your sleep cycle often goes apeshit. You can get by with training somewhat if you have the discipline for it, if not your health will suffer.
On the mental side its gets more trouble after a while.
Panic on the thought of going out, agoraphobic feelings of overload in crowds, feeling completely disassociated etc.
>>
>>36499488
What are the mental troubles if you don't mind sharing?
>>
>>36499592
As said feeling estranged from people, oversensitivity to any intense stimuli and agoraphobia, which I probably always had but it got far worse from longer hiki-like life and was my biggest trouble.
Went from "I do not really feel well in this crowded place but w/e" level all the way to "I can't breath, gotta get out, gotta get away"
Loud noises and big crowds really fuck me up, needed to force myself through rather painful exposure to halfway get over it.
>>
>>36499246
I've went months without speaking to other people. Only very occasional human contact when needing to deal with life things. Was living alone and waiting to start a university degree so didn't concern myself with looking for a job. And I have never had any kind of social media. I think social isolation is fine but you will need to have something giving your life meaning, some kind of goal. If you really want to be alone a lot I would recommend finding a job/career that works with that. You won't be happy living with your parents in the long run and I doubt they would be happy with you. There is nothing wrong with living your life how you want and being completely asocial, but you have to have an income.
>>
>>36499246
it's bad to cut yourself off from other people. it makes you feel better in the short term because you don't feel the stress but it worsens things in the long run. the problems you have now will still be there plus new ones caused by social isolation.
>>
>>36499246
I've done it but I hate being alone constantly so it was horrible. I pretty much only do it because I don't have the confidence to ask people to hang out with me and no one ever asks me to hang out with them.
>>
>>36499246
>Has anyone experimented with social isolation?

where do you think you are
>>
>>36500600
Good point. I am in a similar situation as you were. My university education starts in October this year and I'll move out from my parents home then, so I've got about 6 months of the neet life left.

Not sure yet if I'll want to continue being completely asocial once I've started university, but I do want to experience this kind of isolation at least once and I feel right now is the best time.

>>36501418
Thanks for your perspective. Maybe it's better to have short (like a week) spans of complete isolation followed by trying to be normal instead
>>
>>36501532
Just curious - doesn't it hurt more to be excluded like that than to not have any social contact at all?
>>
>>36499246
I've basically lived like that the last 4 months since I lost my job.

Did that for about a year after graduating from college too.

Ask me anything.
>>
>>36502074
Do you think you could go back to being normie?

What do you miss about not being isolated?

Did you have any close friends before?
>>
>>36499246
I feel the same way even though I'm a wagie. I have two friends left. On of which I have to initiate contact with to even remain his friend but I don't even really want to be around either anymore. They have gfs and do normie shit all the time and make me feel bad about my incel life.
>>
>>36502147
>Do you think you could go back to being normie?
I never really was one. I think it really shows if you've lived like that for more than 2 or 3 months though. I went to a job interview recently, and I had to drink like 2 shots just to feel at ease.

>What do you miss about not being isolated?

Nothing really. I guess I'm probably schizoid or something. I guess meeting people and IRL activities that require more than one person.

>Did you have any close friends before?
Not really. I mostly had acquaintances that I would go drinking with or do some fun activity like play a board game or pool.
>>
>>36502352
I feel that. I guess I love my friends and they care about me and talk to me daily but when the groupchat is full of "guess who i hooked up with again last night :)" it's really hard not to feel alienated.

It's like "what are you guys doing tonight" and everybody has cool plans but all I'm going to do is play Persona alone in my room as always
>>
>>36499246
kek don't do it mate, there is no going back
>>
>>36499246
you are still in a good position in life, I would encourage you to go out with your friends, date or whatever shit you consider normie, because honestly you are a just a failed normie and robots are not made, believe me you don't want to be a robot
>>
>>36502794
I do believe you. I should mention that my friends live in a city about 300 miles away and I live in redneckistan in the countryside. I wish I could do the normie stuff you're talking about
>>
once you withdraw you won't be able to ever go back really, and even if you do somewhere down the line the cloistered siren call will drag you back to the depths
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.