[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would Jesus say about Neets?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: 2-14.jpg (152KB, 615x960px) Image search: [Google]
2-14.jpg
152KB, 615x960px
What would Jesus say about Neets?
>>
He'd see them as a burlesque form of ascetics.
>>
File: 1266168803121.jpg (56KB, 486x431px) Image search: [Google]
1266168803121.jpg
56KB, 486x431px
Accept me into your hearts bros and you can live NEET forever in the Kingdom of God.
>>
>>35805546
>It si mroe difficult for a rich to enter the kingdom of God that for a camel to pass througha needle

He did't value making money like all the retarded materialistic subhumans we have today, he'd probably really like them and save them if they accept him into their hearts

Also NEEts are often called manchildren, let's see what Jesus said about children:

"Let the children come to me, because only those who have the heart of a child will enter the kingdom of heaven"
>>
Die so I can resurrect you as Chad
>>
File: IMG_1768.jpg (104KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1768.jpg
104KB, 620x310px
>Sloths
>Gluttony
>Lust
>Wrath

Just about covers the average neat.
>>
>>35805746
All these are invented by butthurt catholics, Jesus never said anything about the capital sins
>>
Bible says who doesn't work should not eat. Then again it was a different time and he was a jew. I'd bet good money if Jesus lived today he would be an atheist
>>
>>35805546
Jesus

>Verily, I said unto you, only though virginity you can climb the ladder to the kingdom of heaven
>>
>>35805684
>>It si mroe difficult for a rich to enter the kingdom of God that for a camel to pass througha needle
How can so many rich Christians exist when it says this so clearly in the bible? How do they dismiss these words?
>>
>>35805746
Being a NEET doesn't necessarily mean you live a sinful lifestyle though. I mean by definition Jesus was a NEET, he just had a large following due to his purity.
>>
>>35805805
>Rich
>True Christian
Lawl
>>
>>35805805
They're rich in spirit too, he didn't say it was impossible, a lot of good rich Christians exist, I know some and they're the sweetest people ever
>>
>>35805805
Almost like religious people are just a bunch of hypocrites who use religion as a tool for their worldly goals
>>
>>35805764
>supposed to be the literal son of God
>atheist

Uh...
>>
>>35805805
I heard a sermon once that claimed that the Eye of the Needle was a famous gate in Jerusalem so the passage has become a little exaggerated over the centuries.

Allegedly it's very difficult rather than literally impossible as the literal translation suggests.
>>
>>35805853
The world and the world of ehaven are intrinsecally connected, thanks to a group of Christians in my town I was able to get a lot of advantages, thanks to this power I've recived I'll be able to help a lot of souls
>>
>>35805855
>growing up in Judea 2000 years ago
>growing up in America today
>reading comprehension
>being retarded and smug about it
Uhh...
>>
>>35805893
He would still be the son of God, just sent to America Today instead of Ancient Judea.
>>
>>35805857
Yeah because that makes so much sense in context.
>Give all your money away
>y
>It's easier for a camel to go through needle [...]
>Heehee no worries I bet he meant the famous gate in Jerusalem. Just walk through it
Christians are so fucking hypocritical
>>
>>35805910
>I know you referred to historical Jesus but let me pretend to be retarded so I can smugly correct you
This is why reddit should stay on reddit. What a useless conversation.
There are no upvotes here you moron
>>
You should know that Jesus loves everybody.
>>
>>35805920
It's difficult to pass through ti with a camel but it's certainly possible in some rare occasions you fucking retard
>>
>>35805967
That was my first post in the thread.

Also, what gave you the impression that we were talking about Jesus the historical man as opposed to Jesus the son of god? The anon you were conversing with stated that it's absurd to assume that Jesus would be an atheist if he is the son of god.

>This is why reddit should stay on reddit
Agreed. You can go back now.
>>
>>35806021
Show me a gate that is possible yet difficult to pass as a camel. The entire concept makes zero sense and you know it.
>What Jesus actually meant with this metaphor is baby camels can pass it and tall camels can't
Go fuck yourself. You don't believe that yourself and you know it. Hypocritical christlarpers. Protip: Lying is a sin.
>>
jesus would hug us and try to help
>>
>>35806060
Simple, they didn't allow people to pass with a camel except for special occasions like feasts
>>
>>35806044
>Also, what gave you the impression that we were talking about Jesus the historical man as opposed to Jesus the son of god?
Because the context of me saying he would be an atheist clearly establishes that I'm not talking about supposed God-Jesus. And for everyone that was undoubtably clear. The only reason you start this shit is cause you're reddit and tried to stroke your ego a bit.

>no u r reddit xDD
Epin. Truely epin
>>
>>35806076
>Yeah you know that famous gate in Jerusalem where we don't allow Camels to pass except on special feasts even though Jesus wasn't talking about feasts and him saying give away your money already undoubtably gives the context for the metaphor
More lying. More larping.
This is why noone takes christians seriously
>>
>>35806116
He said to give up money only to his apostles, you need to fucking interpret the texts, not takeing everythingliterally ffs...
>>
>>35806095
>Because the context of me saying he would be an atheist clearly establishes that I'm not talking about supposed God-Jesus
Right. And me and the other anon were discussing Jesus as the son of god. As you said, this conversation is pointless.

>>reddit! reddit!
>I'm a piece of shit redditor please rape me

I wish gookmoot would fucking word filter plebbit. Do you get a thrill out of dissing the site you came from? Is it to make out 4chan as Le tough guys for /r/4chan? Not everyone who disagrees with you is reddit you cumguzzling, faggot redditor.

>>>/out/
>>>r/4chan
>>
>>35806185
The guy he said it to wasn't an apostle.
You should read the text and not try to find excuses beforehand. Fucking larper. We all know you /pol/cucks seek alternative interpretations because you don't actually believe this crap
>>
>>35806021
>A historical understanding of the times in which Jesus lived leads to a greater understanding of his sayings. In Old Jerusalem, there was a small gate called the "Needle's Eye," which was part of the much larger gate through which people and animals, such as load carrying camels, entered the great city during the day. At night, the larger gate was closed, but entry could still be gained through the much smaller Needle's Eye. For a camel, loaded with goods and possessions, to make it through this smaller gate, it would have to be unloaded of all that it carried. It would also have to get down on its knees and crawl through the gate. Thus, for a camel to literally go through the Needle's Eye, it would have to cast off all its worldly goods and possessions and adopt the posture of supplication to enter the Holy City.
Why don't they give up their wealth then?
>>
>>35806304
The camel is still a "good/wealth", it means to only keep the wealth that you deem as necessary tp get through the gates of heaven, that for some people, it's a LOT, some people need a lot of wealth to be saved, others can do it without any wealth
>>
>>35805920
I am the anon you were responding too. As I was told it was a foot gate for people and Camels would have been highly unlikely to get through. It's called the Eye of a Needle or maybe it was more like Needles Eye or something in the original that makes me assume it had arches like the eye of a needle.

Remember that this was a story from the middle East where they moved most of their freight on Camelback right. So it makes sense in context because it means you can get through but you can't bring your stuff with you.

It conjures a picture of a rich man really trying to force his camel through the gate and getting nowhere whereas poor people with nothing pass through with ease.
>>
>>35806369
>some people need a lot of wealth to be saved
Jesus Christ how retarded can one person be?
>>
>>35806398
For instance, say you're born a rich enterpreneur's son, you have 2 billions dollars, you see that a certain country needs those money, so you give it to them, and thus save them and save your soul, you've done the right thing, so that money (billions) were that camel.

Let's say you're rich but easily get sad, you decice to spend a lot of money to go to restaurants/buy a pool etc, and you invite yoru friends at the restaurant, you've done good for yourself and for others, that money you've sued were "that camel"
>>
>>35806397
Sure. Show me a concept of a gate that is built for camels but not camels with dragging possessions behind them for that one stupid meter to get through the gates. In what world is it a realistic concept that it was a common sight that rich people just had to leave their possessions behind to enter the gate instead of paying some bums to unload the camel, carry the stuff through the gate and then load on the camel again.

Why is there nothing alike literally anywhere ever in the world? The whole concept is so fucking preposterous it is an insult to Jesus to spin his words like that. All just to avoid to "give away ALL your possessions" like he literally said one sentence before.
Fucking christards you realise this bullshit makes you look MORE pathetic not less?
>>
>>35806457
>and thus save your soul, you've done the right thing, so that money (billions) were that camel
You don't know the first thing about christianity do you? Pelagianism is a heresy and literally every major christian denomination would say you can't do enough good works to go to heaven.
Even catholics.
>>
>>35806505
You can't be saved by faith alone, you need works too for fuck's sake, he sai it in the mountain monologue
>>
>>35806462
You don't understand.

The Camels don't get through in the analogy. Only the man does. The man doesn't want to get his camel into heaven nor does a Camel want to get into heaven. The rich man can't bring his stuff.

>It is more difficult for a rich man to move into Heaven than a delivery truck to get through your front door.

A modernised version.
>>
>>35805546
Jesus himself was NEET.
I think he'd be sympathetic, and understand why many NEETs wish to avoid the rampant materialism that is needed to motivate yourself to be a wageslave.
>>
>>35806540
You fucking retard you can oull the camel through once you have passed the door and you can have others pass you the money, if you've made good friends they will pass you the money too if you didn't they won't
>>
>>35806540
>It is more difficult for a rich man to move into Heaven than a delivery truck to get through your front door.
Are you legit retarded? A delivery truck can't go through your front door so the rich man can't go to heaven. That is what an analogy is.
Like what? You literally have to ignore sentence structure to save your dumb interpretation.
>How difficult is it for the rich man to enter heaven
>Like a camel through a needle ear

>The Camels don't get through in the analogy
Exactly Jesus' point.
>>
>>35806581
He was famously a carpenter.
>>
>>35806594
He does but it's not easy
>>
>>35805984
Doesn't mean that he wouldn't feel disappointed
>>
>>35806618
No the can't like the camel can't. You said it yourself.
Jesus how many hoops will you jump through to deny the obvious and plain reading?
>>
>>35806646
You fucking retard, you think Costantine, who was so rich he could buy anything he wanted, would have become Christian if what you say was true?
>>
>>35806688
Constantine didn't becme christian.
And that's my point that christians are hypocrites and don't follow the rules if inconvinient.
You're now arguing for me but I guess you don't care.
You just pretend to be christian anyways
>>
>>35805546
the NEET shall inherit the earth
>>
>>35806721
>Costantine didn't become Christian

What the fuck am I reading?

>You're nwo arguing for me

No

>You just pretend to be Christian

Not really, I am a cultural Christian and hate fedoras like you
>>
>>35806753
>I am a cultural Christian
>I don't pretend to be christian
You're so dumb it's actually hilarious
And Constantine didn't become christian. Even christians only claim he converted on his deathbed. For which there is zero proof except christian propaganda. Read a book.

>You're nwo arguing for me
>No
Damn I'm stumped. You confirmed my claim and said how unlikely it is someone would become christian if inconvinient but you said no to it being an argument for me so you win.

>and hate fedoras like you
It's sad when newfags use terms they don't understand
>>
>>35806823
>Read a book

Costantine is a saint you absolute fucktard
>>
>>35806873
Which has nothing to do with what I said but you don't care of course.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.