[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+ General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 22

File: 1489460784542.png (58KB, 445x293px) Image search: [Google]
1489460784542.png
58KB, 445x293px
25+ thread. Post some old people feels.

>tfw still don't own a house at 26
>tfw best interest rate I can get is 5.5% with $10k down and $10k in fees and closing costs
>tfw only have the down payment and not enough for closing

I'll be a slave forever.
>>
Today is my birthday, 27 now. Been reading 4chan since 2006.

I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK I WANT TO GO BACK
>>
>>35743016
>tfw still don't own a house at 26

I'm 27 and same. Hell, I don't even have a car yet, but I'm in the market for one.

The interest rate is pretty much the same here, but the apartments that I'm aiming at are priced at around 50k eurobucks
>>
>>35743171

That sounds comfy. In the states unless you live in a big city then buying an apartment is about the same price as buying a small house.

Some beautiful houses around here for $200k, but the fees the Jewish banks charge are ludicrous.
>>
>tfw 29 years old and never had a job
>tfw all friends are married, have jobs and some have kids, and they do not give a fuck about you anymore
>tfw getting fat

life is a torture. I wanna run a car into a crowd of people. too bad I cannot afford one.
>>
>>35743222

Not too late to join the army, my dude.
>>
>tfw you notice how old your parents have become
>>
>Live in rented Trailer
>own own car, have steady job
>still lonely as fuck
>>
>>35743222
Get out mooslem
>>
>>35743146

I started here in like 2004. I'm 29 now. I've wasted my life.
>>
>tfw 26
Do you guys still have hope or have you given up and accepted that this is your life?
>>
>>35743343

I've accepted it, but I've also accepted that it will get a little bit better. Only a little bit though.
>>
>>35743257
as I said, I'm fat. Army will not take me.
>>
28. Finished grad school about a year ago, in the job market for maybe two years. Still unemployed. The next army intake is in June, so if nothing comes up by then that's that.

No gf, no friends, no hobbies. Health steadily declining.
>>
>>35743374

How fat are you? How much do you drink?

Have you looked for factory/warehouse/shipyard jobs? Just tell them you're a felon and that's why you have no work history. Plenty of felons in those job fields.
>>
i've recently come to the full realization that the reason my life is so terrible isn't because of my circumstances or poor decisions, but because i'm genetic trash. it couldn't possibly have been any different. this also means that no matter what i try to do to "improve myself," it will not work. i will remain a disgusting, ugly permavirgin forever because it is my genetic fate. i'm going to have to accept this and get over it, because i lack the courage for suicide.
>>
File: fih.png (480KB, 746x718px) Image search: [Google]
fih.png
480KB, 746x718px
>28 years old
>No friends, kissless virgin
>NEET from 22-26
>last 2 years been working as a full time wageslave at a large DIY store
>pretty terrible at my job
>I am horribly underweight and struggle to lift things
>bad at customer service etc
>live at home with mother, 30 year old sister, 30 year old sisters 14 year old daughter, 30 year old sisters 14 year old daughters 1 year old daughter
>family is trash, have a huge house though because they inheritated money from grandparents
>I am hated in the family, despite my line of sluts in the female part I am the black sheep
>sister, 14 year old niece and mother ALWAYS making jokes at me for not starting a family
>mother sometimes picks up my nieces baby and waves its hand at my penis and says shit like 'hehehe even I know this is unused' in a little baby voice
>mother has control of the inheritance money
>won't give me anything because 'I earn enough' even though 30 year old sister earns twice what I do adn gets lots of the inheritance
>they spend all the money on themselves (but not condoms)
>currently they are planning to build an extension on the home
>the extension will be used to create a huge mini home for niece and her daughter
>they are planning pool tables, music players etc so my niece can 'attract a man to pay for her daughter'
>even though they have literally millions in ihertiance
>I am forced to live in a single bedroom
>only allowed kitchen access twice per day for 1 hour max, have to chop onions and stuff in my room to prep for cooking dinner
>I pay half my wage in rent, have to pay extra for broadband access
>they are always making noise downstairs, nieces daughter never stops crying
>tfw I can't leave because I am too poor

My last 4 birthdays have been forgotten, they say that 'men don't get birthdays because men don't give birth'
>>
29 in a few months

>No house
>Live 2k miles away from home/family/older friends I once had
>Have a job in a corporate setting
>Currently make 80k a year
>Pretty much have no life at all except the internet and work
>Workaholic most of my life and only focused on money and a career, never thought about getting a girl friend or even finding new friends in a new state I moved to two years ago

>The definition of failure is me

>New office job

Keep telling myself to be more social and talk to my coworkers
Meanwhile, I sit in my cube and focus on work
Guy who is my lead mentioned I should try to make some friends in the office since only talking to two people isn't going to cut it eventually

Its not like I'm anti social, I just don't have the time to focus on saying hello to people I don't actually work with since they're not in my department
>>
>>35743405
I'd say over 40% bf.

It's useless, I live in a shitty third world country with 40+% unemployment rate. I have a civil engineering degree but I might as well throw it away cuz it's useless.
>>
I doubt I'll ever get a home until late 30's. Until then it's apartments.
>>
>>35743417

>30 year old sister, 30 year old sisters 14 year old daughter, 30 year old sisters 14 year old daughters 1 year old daughter

God damn fucking WEW
>>
>>35743417
go to college, take out enough loans so you can afford a shitty studio apartment or living with roommates. better and more dignified that how you're living now. just do it.
>>
>>35743146
>>35743295
Hey, old fags what was 4chan like back in the day?
>>
27 and in a couple of monthes 28...jesus christ so old and a khv

Feels like my life hasn't started, that it will never start actually.
>>
>Still live with mom and 13 dogs
>Work a pity job for uncle's business because he knows what I am
>At constant risk of losing said job because technical, no training, and my extreme social anxiety keeps me from getting help
>Currently spend all day hiding in storage room watching Youtube while doing bare minimum to not get fired
>Only friend I ever had is serving life in prison after series of tragedies that drove him to drugs
>Zero female contact other than touching a girl's hip once in 8th grade
>Less than two months from pure definition of wizard

I just had a three week long anxiety attack from being summoned for jury duty. It was nothing, I spent three days staring at the courthouse basement walls. My anxiety is killing me.
>>
File: 1487304556520.jpg (43KB, 498x601px) Image search: [Google]
1487304556520.jpg
43KB, 498x601px
26 here

>look forward to my days off
>always end up wasting them by sleeping in, fucking around on the computer, jacking off, then drinkng myself to sleep
>work called me today again on my day off
>have to come in tomorrow, they always pick me to fill in for someone because I have perfect attendance
>I don't want to, but then again I don't do shit anyways
>job is a joke, doesn't pay me enough to move out of moms house or get a nice car at least
>zero life outside of work, complete hermit mode except for when at job
>college drop out, no money left to go back and finish, hated my major anyways
>don't have the $8,500 to get into a trade school
>my car is a giant piece of shit and I have to pray every morning it starts
>zero dating prospects, zero friends, zero social life since probably 10th grade of high school
>stuck in my small hometown with nothing to do, keep running into people I graduated with that are 100x farther in life than me

I legit don't know what to do, if I was like 20 I'd join the military. I feel trapped and hopeless. I tell my mom all the time and she keeps giving me meme advice, my dad doesn't talk to me anymore.
>>
>>35743504
The same as it is now. The memes change and generations come and go but the heart of 4chan hasn't ever changed.
>>
>>35743504

More left, more weeb, more tech savvy.
>>
>>35743406
this is true. There is literally nothing we can do. I do not know what is our purpose in life.
>>
>26yo
>just finishing college, last semester (changed careers because i was not making me happy, current career does make me feel good)
>no job, no gf
>my younger brother just bought a brand new car
>he is already buying his own apartment
>he have a pretty good job
>live in a "growing economy" country, constantly feel the career that makes me happy won't be viable (its graphic design, but my skills are in illustration, animation, and investigation, which sadly, jobs that are often hard to come by were i live)
>can't get a job because no experience, can't get experience because no job
>i don't like asking my parents for money, it makes me feel quilty because they are already helping me a lot, so i avoid wasting money (even on things i like)

i'm not that bad, i can tell, but still...
>>
>>35743604
i've considered maybe spending more time volunteering, or something like that. some way i can maybe make some positive contribution to the world, since i certainly will not (or should not) ever be able to do so my having children/a family. since i will never be able to experience any romance, happiness, etc, perhaps this will make me feel at least morally fulfilled.
>>
>>35743504

Hard to say because im so different myself.

Lots more gore, lots more CP.

There was a lot more trolling then. I think that the 4chan racism + misogyny started more from people trolling for attention. Now people seem to post that stuff unironically, which is actually kind of boring. It seemed a lot more varied and different, now 4chan is feels a lot more predictable/stable. Maybe im just older and jaded.
>>
>26
>NEET
>could barely keep a fastfood job only worked there for 3 months, coworkers would blatantly voice their disgust
>diagnosed with so many things it doesn't even matter anymore
>therapy is a meme
>pills are a meme
>you are on your own

I am going to die on the street.
>>
>>35743645
I'm glad you feel that way. I have the opposite attitude.Since society has rejected me and finds me worthless, I wanna hurt people as a form of retaliation. The only thing keeping me from doing it is my own laziness and lethargy.
>>
>>35743417
Where is your father in all of this, you need to fight for some of that inheritance money my man fuck those sluts having kids at 14 put em on welfare.
>>
>>35743016

30+ here. I have two general problems with getting a house, and the discourse around a house:

People always speak of home-ownership the minute they've closed on something (meaning the paperwork is finalized and they're cucked into a years/decades-long mortgage). Sure, you can move in, But unless you paid cash up front, you don't own your home outright. So, you don't own your home. /You are not a homeowner/. You are permitted to live on such-and-such a plot and you've taken out a huge debt in order to be able to do so. You are assuming that society won't go completely Mad Max over the next few decades. Yes, you have more room to spread out perhaps, but you're in a scheme which is not dissimilar to rent-cuckery.

Second, people have this goofy idea that home ownership means escaping rent payments. Supppose that you do own a property outright. You're still paying rent, fucko. (I'll let the class think about that one). The point being that whether you "rent" or you "own", you're always going to PAY. You don't ever escape paying unless you go live in an urn.
>>
>>35743417
fuck man, thats sad. hope you can get away from that
>>
>>35743417
That was a painful read man.

I hope everyone in that house gets killed except you.
>>
>>35743709
Have you ever considered that society may have rejected you because people can tell you're sick deep down? I'm frequently shunned too but I don't want to hurt other people. I don't have any right to friends or a social life or anything.
>>
>>35743732
You get a lot more control (can rent rooms out, choose room mates, rent the whole house out if you want), and in the event of an extreme economic depression the bank is usually a lot slower at kicking people out of their homes than landlords.
>>
>>35743016
usda rural loan m8, not the FHA one that's for actual poorfags and niggers

>>35743171
>50k monopoly monies
brb moving to yurop (probably some eastern block slav land at those prices)

>>35743417
>30 yr old sister 14 yr old niece with a 1 yr old
wew fucking lad
sounds like a shit family bro, sorry
>>
>>35743016
>turning 26 in may
>fulltime 16/hr job + overtime
>lost all my friends slowly over past 6 months because I cucked stacy gf and everyone took her side
>have 4k in the bank
>40k student loans from worthless polisci degree
>was a turbo chad 17-24 fucked 40 girls
>only have above average looks but no social skills
>haven't had sex since early February
>can't even get a fat girl on tinder to respond

My job gets cut in august and I'm gonna go to Thailand for a week for a sex tourism vacation. Other than that, I'm gonna continue to leech off my dad and then demented mom, under the guise of taking care of her to live rent free while I aggressively pay off my student loans

I don't really care about being a loser because at least my youth wasn't terrible. Could be worse but its still pretty depressing.
>>
>>35743787
well,what came first the chicken or an egg?
Am I sick because they hate me or do they hate me because I'm sick. And I'f I'm sick I'm pretty sure I was born that way, I did not chose it. genetics also affects personality a lot. There is nothing I can do.
>>
>>35743937
Want a friend to go to Asia with? I've pretty bored myself and going back to Asia again sounds fun. We could spitroast some Vietnamese whore.
>>
>>35743732

If the world goes Mad Max then I'm much more likely to survive with my own dwelling than in some 24-unit apartment building where nigs will chimp out and burn it down as soon as their EBT card stops working.
>>
File: homemade-pickup-camper-21822099.jpg (23KB, 400x251px) Image search: [Google]
homemade-pickup-camper-21822099.jpg
23KB, 400x251px
>>35743016
>Buying a house

topkek m8
>>
>>35743968
You might need some chill pills, anon. If you really want to hurt people there are some medications to help you feel better.
>>
>>35743994

Post pictures of your dwelling with timestamp or gtfo.
>>
>>35743852

These are all very fair points. My point has been simply to call out misconceptions about "having a house" (let's put it that way).
>>
Wizard
Low tier office job that goes between boring and annoying. I keep daydreaming about walking out.
Make enough to afford 1br apartment.
Lonely. Hardly any friends left. No idea how to begin dating at my age.

Plans for the weekend are getting blind drunk and playing Zelda Breath of the Wild.
>>
File: HELP-ME-CAM.png (659KB, 570x491px) Image search: [Google]
HELP-ME-CAM.png
659KB, 570x491px
>got my master's degree
>no student debt
>inherited property

on the other hand

>diagnosed borderline personality disorder
>still a kissless handholdless virgin
>still have to find fulfilling career
>>
>>35743969
yea man that'd actually be cool. where you from lad?
>>
>>35743709
i completely understand that feeling, but for me at least, most people have not actually treated me badly at least in my adult life. it's just that no woman will ever be attracted to me. considering how bad i look, which is the outward display of my genetic quality, i can't blame them. they're not wronging me.
>>
>>35743994
kek i've actually thought about doing this. Wouldn't make too much sense in the winter as I live in Canada but still.
>>
>>35744081
that's not HORRIBLE. just go to Tijuana and fuck a bangin Mexicans tripper for no more than 100 bucks. I did it and it was worth it (wasn't a khv tho)
>>
>>35744084
California. I went to Asia a while ago and it was a pretty good time. The Chinese are a little uptight but most of them are cool people just living under Communist retards.

Life is boring right now so I'm thinking of going back for another round. Been wanting to do it with a friend so I have someone to talk to instead of English-as-a-third-language people at bars.
>>
>>35743937
>was a turbo chad 17-24 fucked 40 girls

Yeah, you cant GET THE FUCK OUT bro.

>29
>no job
>got laid off from my near min wage full time job after only 8 months on the job
>cant find permanent work that pays more than $11.50/hour (temp agencies sometimes offer $12-$15/hour)
>parents hate me
>recently made me go get a psychological evaluation. they were nice until after it was done, and then they started treating me like shit again
>worthless political science degree
>no friends
>kiss-less virgin
>no motivation to exercise recently
>no motivation to even look for work. everything is shit. im tired of crappy jobs.
>probably slipping into alcoholism
>>
>>35743222

same but 26 and no friends to abandon me
>>
>>35744126
Its still possible, it would just need thicker walls with 3 layers of insulation.
>>
>>35743016
>>35743171
are you australian?
try never owning a house
it's fucking expensive as fuck
>>
>>35744145
>can't GET THE FUCK OUT

ok I wasn't planning on leaving, bro
>>
>>35744145
man, have you considered simply walking away?
make some savings, get the hell away for a while, try to change your life, if you live in USA you are way better off than a lot of people
>>
>>35744180
You know what I meant.

>>>/g/
>>>/e/
>>>/t/

>>>/out/
>>
>>35744137
cool man I'm on the east coast. it would be in august. leave your kik or something and I'll hit u up as the date nears
>>
>>35744094
yea but don't you feel like society should take care of us somehow? I do not know about you, but my country has no NEETbux or anything like that. So I'm literally going to starve to death, but something in me tells me I should fight. I feel like I should steal money from people to survive.
>>
File: CXFqLu0W8AAcIgd.jpg-large.jpg (14KB, 269x207px) Image search: [Google]
CXFqLu0W8AAcIgd.jpg-large.jpg
14KB, 269x207px
Alright boys I'm 18, graduating high school this May. I'm joining the Air National Guard right after I graduate. I'm only 5'7" and looking to go into probably fire protection. There's a 20k signing bonus so it sounds like a good deal. Any advice for this youngling?
>>
File: 1466467172418.jpg (15KB, 317x275px) Image search: [Google]
1466467172418.jpg
15KB, 317x275px
>new job at hospital
>3 different people have mentioned to me that I should join the military

Is there some sort of recruitment deal at hospitals I don't know about?
>>
>>35744399
You're doing it right kid. I honestly have no advice that you're not probably already aware of.

Use the GI Bill and T.A to get a GOOD degree if you so choose. Or stay in for 20 under the OLD retirement plan

Get jacked as fuck, learn to throw punches, and don't let people walk over you. Not sure if you're a virgin but check out therationalmale.com and just internalize it steadily/go out and apply it.

You're making a smart ass move. godspeed young anon.
>>
>>35743429
>80k a year
>live on own
>failure
fuck off, youre doing better than 99% of bots here
>>
>>35744145
what kind of work did you find at the temp agency anon?
>>
>>35744218
Walk away and go where?

I feel like I should find a job and then move. I think I'd just end up homeless and waste all my money by wandering around. The US is a brutal country that shits on poor people too. I sort of get it, because there are a ton of batshit insane people wandering around out there, and lots of scume.

I'm different though. I'm reasonable. I'm responsible. I'm tired of being screwed.

At least I dont have any debt and a small pile of savings, but it is not enough to change my life.
>>
>>35743429
>80k a year
>only 29
>only problem is that you are a workaholic and can't socialize

shit nigga, go see a therapist and you can get better, you are pretty well compared to some robots here
>>
>>35743937
>that whole post
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and so on and so on. This is not the board for you.
>>
>>35744540
you are an USA citizen, that means you are a native speaker...learn spanish, come to latin america, get a job as an english teacher, keep some money to buy your way back if shit doesn't work. One of my old teachers did that for a while.
>>
>>35744494
Data entry and call center. Most are like 6 month contracts. Why even bother?
>>
>>35744624
yea sounds like dogshit. try the military dude. or save up enough for a programming bootcamp
>>
>>35744620
I'd rather you Latin Americans get out of my country than be treated like a valued guest in yours.
>>
>>35744656
well that's stupid
>>
>>35743504
4chan has toned down quite a bit. I still check out /b/ occasionally and rarely see gore. Lots more porn on /b/ as well, board has kind of lost its culture and its never coming back. Best boards on this site are low traffic ones. People broke rule #1 one too many times. Now I'm just tired
>>
>>35744701

Not him but I would like to go to SA and teach english, my only problem is I don't have a degree. How much money would I need to start out? My spanish is decent I am from Florida, but a white guy. I've been thinking about colombia. How much would like 5k USD float me?
>>
>>35743732
My gf is the only thing I have that keeps me from becoming a 100% robot. I still have all the traits besides not being a virgin and having a gf, everything else is there.

That's beside the point though. She has grandparents that have a house and land out in the country and it's completely paid off. The only competition for the house when they die is her irresponsible ex druggie mom (not gonna happen) or her asshole lawyer uncle who already has a house. We're almost guaranteed the house.
>>
>>35743016
i have good communication skills and am responsible/in shape physically. where do i find work that isn't pizza delivery or in a ghetto or construction? i have no skills from being neet so long.
>>
>>35744701
Yeah, well I'm not a big fan of brown people and extreme poverty.
>>
>>35743732
yea, but 30+ anon, if you pay cash up front, you're only paying property taxes, which can be very minimal depending on state and locale.
>>
>>35743937
Look up that pimp Sharky and hangout with him.
>>
>29
>have no friends
>best friend from high school texted me after not seeing each other for 8 years, wanting to meet up
>didn't reply

I deserve to be miserable.
>>
>>35744866

You have exactly missed one of the points that I expressly made and left dangling in the post that you replied to. Re-read both my post and your own post.
>>
>>35744833

Your last two sentences sound like famous last words lol
>>
File: 1441491884996.jpg (65KB, 462x630px) Image search: [Google]
1441491884996.jpg
65KB, 462x630px
>25
>will most likely graduate this year
>decent grades but very little relevant job experience, didnt like it
>no social life at all
>no social skills (meme autism)
>pretty much no real life skills (shitty driver, barely know anything to cook, no idea what it takes to live on your own)
>anxious as fuck about everything
>will have to move out of town to get a job and try to become a different person or end up a complete fuckup next year
>>
>>35744965
Her uncle can get fucked. He married some uppity bitch that he knocked up twice. They always try to leave asap when they visit and the wife will hardly let the kids eat the food there. Her grandpa seems to like him though. He's the only competition. But my gf is the prodigal child that helped raise her two sisters despite her drug fueled household. Her stepdad is aryan brotherhood with white pride tattooed on his back. real /pol/ tier dude but more methy. She seems like the favorite so I've got my fingers crossed.
>>
>>35744973
that pic gives me bad feels
>>
>>35745046

You're still counting your chicken before they're hatched, and you know it.

The tone of your expansion just proves my point: a family containing sometimes-unpredictable white trash.

And if you're banking on the "prodigal child" angle, then who's to say that one of these druggies you describe isn't instead the prodigal child? I don't envy you, and I honeslty didn't expect a follow-up post to so perfectly describe what I had initially expected - that you have no real, legitimate reason to expect anything from your girlfriend's fuck-up family.
>>
>>35744484
>>35744545

>Doing well,
>kek
I only have money and a career for life. Might retire at 45 if things continue to go well, but I'm turning 30 next year and want to kms by that time

Starting to get worried for future as well, might find a gf one day, might even get married however I don't want to have kids who have mental illnesses since I will be in my mid 30s

Having kids for a male in 30s is dangerous for healthy children development
>>
>>35745340
>having kids for a male in their 30's is dangerous...

you sure pal? I think that's women
>>
>31
>work comfy low status job with a lot of freedom that pays more than people think
>on the other hand if I lose it I will never have the same benefits or wage again, one-time deal
>own an apartment, but too depressed/apathetic to furnish it beyond bare minimum
>got fat these last two years, fairly big gut but not fat anywhere else
>getting really tired of my deadbeat friends, and their bullshit. too much weed.
>brain fog
>used to be witty, funny and charming, but now I can hardly string a sentence together, probably because I can't muster up enough care to do it
>bad hygiene, but I keep up appearances. Haven't showered in two months.
>constantly bored, yet still do the same fucking shit
>no creative hobbies
>more money than I need but no motivation to spend it on anything
>Would most likely had no problems back in the day to get a girl to follow me home but was too scared of being humiliated due to my severly smaller than average penor
>lost virginity at 29 because this girl was obsessed with me because she thought I was cool back when she was 14 and I was 19. I had no idea, I was just aloof and acted like I was smarter than I am because I was afraid of being hurt.
>girl was a junkie biker gf with severe mental health problems, she didn't mention to me that they were still together so I lived with the fear of getting beaten within an inch of my life for like 6 months. Then he went to jail.

I just wish I still had my wits about me.
>>
>>35745340
30s don't really raise the propabilities much. The curve starts to grow steeper for women at a little before 40 and for men around their 50s.
>>
File: 1420505588697.png (195KB, 315x476px) Image search: [Google]
1420505588697.png
195KB, 315x476px
I've been depressed for years now. I started college when I was 18. I went to community college and was there for 3 years. I went from a business Admin major to a marketing major to finally an accounting major. I was at the community college for 3 years and then I finally transferred to a 4 year school. I did take a short break from school, but then went back because I thought I figured it all out....well I was wrong.

I've been at this new school for 2 years now and I still have no idea on what I want to do in life. I hate my major and I really can't see myself doing this major in the future.

I dropped/failed a whole lot of classes, which is why I'm so behind. I work at a restaurant where I make decent tips, but its not enough for me to make a good living. I'm 26 now I still have no idea on what I want to do in life. I feel so fucking lost.

A lot of my friends I went to high school with are now finishing their degrees, getting married, having kids, buying homes and new cars. And it just make me feel so fucking behind in life. My depression has gotten worse because of it.

I went to therapy, took drugs and booze and none of that shit worked.
>>
I'm 25 and unhappy, lonely, unfulfilled etc. Is there any realistic chance I can still turn thing around, or will I be like this forever?
>>
>>35743447
>I doubt I'll ever get a home until late 30's. Until then it's apartments.

Yup, same with me.

> Lived in Silicon Valley for years
> Saw prices go up like crazy
> Realized the value of the real estate was extremely poor
> Little shitty 1 bedroom house with a carport for $700,000? No thanks
> Plus I thought it was too risky for 98% of my net worth to be in the house
> Finally left, moved to Nevada, bought my first house at age 47
>>
>>35743447
a house is too much work in my opinion.
>>
>>35745657

Literally half of them will be divorced before age 40.

I attended two friend's weddings within a few weeks of each other, back when I had friends. I was polite but I said to myself "exactly one of these two guys is going to be divorced within ten years." Sure as shit, one is divorced last I checked.

My own parents are happily married for over thirty years, so I don't know from divorce. But I knew the stats. In my 20s I started to really appreciate the abnormality of my parents' wedded bliss. Also, working jobs and getting older, you start to hear private asides from older, divorced men.

My personal constitution is never to have a real, personal dis-satisfaction with bachelordom. But obviously society has a stake in stigmatizing it. So for those who cannot help but be impacted by the normie-zeitgeist about "muh generativity (some combination of kids/marriage/job/gf)", it is well to remember all the unhappy divorced men in the world, and remember that you're not one of them.

Also if you don't have any nasty STDs that's a big help too. Those have actually been on the rise for the past few years with the ascendancy of slut-apps, and not just mouth-herpes either, relatively serious things like gonorrhea, etc.

The final bit is to remember that for all concerned, it's all for nothing and you all die alone in any event. This crabs-in-the-bucket mentatlity makes life a lot easier to go through, it's all just a shitty ride with everyone going back into the same box when we're done. :^)
>>
>>35745657

I hear you man, I'm the same age in almost the same position. However once I was done with CC and got enough credits to transfer, I said fuck college. I was already 24 or so and took forever to get my 2 year. Completely lost in life stuck in a job that isn't good. Thinking about becoming an EMT or fucking off to south america.
>>
>>35743649
>lots more CP.

Now that you mention it, yeah, there was a lot more CP back in the old days.

It's almost all gone now. Is that because there's a lot more mods now? Or has 4chan culture changed?
>>
>>35745303
You can assume of my base summary all you want. ill send you photos when it's done.
>>
File: 1482700115337.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1482700115337.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>went through 4 fucking years of university to study finance and economics
>end up in a business analyst job instead of a financial analyst job

Just shoot me right now motherfuckers.
>>
31 here. Graduated in December with my associates for basically IT. No certs yet. Any IT anons got any advice? Got my first gig coming up for work. 5 month help desk contract.

Nervous but, if I can get this down even for the 5 months, it's experience I can use for other jobs. Heading in for my B.A too soon. Been six years since I even touched a woman..wish I was still 25.

I could change so much.
>>
>>35746008

Were far-right now, cant have degeneracy like that
>>
>>35746106
http://www.techexams.net/
>>
>>35746008
people mass report it now and are offended as hell.

I think that all the gore and cp was a pretty good way to protect the 4chan culture back then. Either people were horrified or scared shitless to browse /b/, or they were a real /b/-tard who ignored it/revelled in the sickness of it.
>>
>>35746105
>went through 4 years of fucking university to study history and political science
>end up in retail hell instead of anything half decent

GTFO you spreadsheet nigger. I'd fucking kill for a biz analyst job.
>>
>>35746106
Yes, get your certs. Certs very likely count for more than an associates. I'm in the networking field and certs appear to mean a lot more to employers since IT certs are pretty rough to get. You need about an 85% to pass the CompTIA ones.

Use the experience and get certs while you do it. If you're good at studying and sit down for three or four hours a day you can pick up probably a cert every two or three weeks.

CompTIA, getting labeled as an MCP through Microsoft, and the CCENT/CCNA is a great foundation and one that will get you hired.
>>
File: wowsocute.jpg (75KB, 720x1081px) Image search: [Google]
wowsocute.jpg
75KB, 720x1081px
>>35745886
Yeah maybe. I have seen a lot of the normie degenerates actually become respectable people though. A lot of the girls I went to school with have already started to have kids. Some had kids when they were in their early 20's. They seems like they will be great parents because they know what its like to have shitty parents, so they want their kids to have the best.

Tbh I just want to find a good job that pays well and that doesn't want to make me want to kill myself. I have been looking into an HR/recruiting job and also kinda looking into something in IT, because from what I heard, you don't need a degree to be in IT. The problem is that I'm not sure if I'm smart enough for IT.

I also kinda just want to fuck some random chick just so I can get it out of my system. I want to fuck a chuuby or T H I C C girl.

I guess I got to take it one step at a time.

>>35745918
damn man good luck.
EMT is pretty respectable, so I hope you get it.
>>
>>35746181
>pretty good way

It was fucking awful and I'm glad 4chan has kind of grown out of it, if anything. Surprised 4chan hasn't been shut down for good really.
>>
>>35746181

I think people are just more scared now with all the surveillance and mainstream media attention on 4chan.
>>
>>35746194
I was gonna start with A+, bought the book but..it's huge. I know most of the stuff at a glance, though.
>>
>>35746106
I'm actually in the IT Security program at my college. What courses did you take? Did you use Ucertify?
>>
>>35746233
and now the place is flooded with normies, so I guess you and your ilk win.

I mean the only bigger board that still has a real board culture is /a/, and that's because they still mercilessly mock and keep newfags out that can't assimilate into the population.

the gore and cp was like a passive way of doing the same thing.
>>
File: 1453852241800.jpg (230KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1453852241800.jpg
230KB, 1280x800px
I've been thinking of going back to school to get a cert in IT. As of now I have a BA in Business, but since it's a shit degree I can't find a good job. If I do go back will I have to take the same pre req classes I took for my Business degree or will they be alreay counted for?

If I don't have take the classes then I will be able to get the cert much faster.
>>
>>35746211
IT is super easy if you're willing to put the time in. If you're technically inclined, that is. It is a lot more than just fixing a computer and involves memorizing physical media and technologies relating to them as well as knowing how to deploy and manage things internally like DHCP and DNS. Knowing how routing tables and routers/switches exactly work is big important too.

After doing manual labor stuff I moved into IT. It's OK money and even if it sounds hard if you just keep reading material written for the topic, actual books and stuff, you'll get it.
>>
>>35746190
No joke, what did you want to do before you graduated? What was the plan?

And you're right, I can't complain too much but it is pretty random compared to what I wanted to do. What hit me hardest was when my mom said she thought I was a financial analyst and she doesn't see the point of why something random like a business analyst exists in a bank. Just ruined my evening.

Oh yea and hours are fucking horrendous.
>>
>>35743732
>Supppose that you do own a property outright. You're still paying rent, fucko.

Well, here's the thing. Eventually you'll pay off the house. At that point, the only extra thing you have to pay is property taxes -- and (I think in most areas) that is way way less than the loan payment.

I paid off my house 2 years ago, and it suddenly a huge effect on my cash flow. I went from bleeding $1300/mo down to only bleeding $150/mo. Obviously it took a lot of years to pay it off, but the problem with renting is that the high monthly payments will never end.
>>
>>35746282
Anyone can be a normie, anon! It's really hard to be so fucked up you can't make a living and have friends. Even literal cripples get out there and do it.

Just be yourself. :)
>>
>>35743440
what country are you from engineerbro
>>
>>35743604
so that the higher echelons of humanity have a zero point marker from which to measure their greatness
>>
>>35746268
The IT program was broken up into User Support and Programming at my community college. User Support basically is help desk like stuff..no UCert, but some of the hardware glasses were pretty good to teach you nuts and bolts sort of stuff.

I did very well in infosecurity classes. Graduated honors. Still, it's a hard field to get into. I'm 31 and I feel like I'm so over the hill. My B.A will focus far more on actual technical skills rather than dumb business stuff.
>>
>>35746323
good that you acknowledge you have no argument.
>>
File: 1469250368762.png (307KB, 427x559px) Image search: [Google]
1469250368762.png
307KB, 427x559px
>>35743016
>Doing OCS path for the army.
>Have awesome test scores, GPA, good recommendations, personable so I crushed the interview.
>Have to far exceed the PT requirements that enlisted have to.
>Went for PT today at the recruiting station
>Got absolutely shit on by everyone there. All high schoolers with spaghetti noodles arms, a literal 9/10 girl, and a 30 year old dude doing OCS.
>Pulled out of formation by the instructor and told to go sit down, ended up leaving because I was going to pass out if I didn't.

Literally the worst hour and a half of my life. I lift a ton but haven't done cardio since high school. I looked like a complete fucking bitch. Going back for it again Tuesday.
>>
>>35746291
How much do you make?
Did you go to school?
>>
>>35743016
I now associate days of the week with gems. I don't know the correct calling names for them so I made up my own, but I can't write them because I'm not sure how they are spelled.

>33

each few hours and some of the minutes take up a space in the ring outside, when it's done I know a new one has started. It actually makes more sense than the old version, so I got more time to think about shit. Thunderstorms season is starting, so I'm pretty psyched about that
>>
>>35746105

>fail out of university
>end up in a business analyst job instead of living the NEET dream

Just shoot me right now motherfuckers
>>
>>35746383
dude do NOT fuck that shit up. you're very fortunate
>>
>>35746426
can you shut the fuck up? You have a decent job, you dickbag.
>>
>>35746292

>what did you want to do before you graduated? What was the plan?
Really had no idea. No plan except go to school, graduate, and hope doors opened. This was back in the mid 2000s, so there wasn't a focus on this much planing.
> hours are fucking horrendous

Like how? You getting a salary, and forced to work a bunch of overtime?
>>
>>35743417
KILL THEM
GET INHEIRETENCE
GET FIT
GET LIFE
>>
>>35746383
hahaha. loser.

I dont lift but it sounds like could outrun your ass.
>>
>>35743417
this could start a hate women thread all by itself
>>
>>35746428
My recruiter wanted to do my actual PT test today. I told him I was nowhere near prepared and today I proved it. I have a month, going to be running every single day until I puke until then. It's crazy. I can get the pushups like it's nothing. Situps are tough but I can do it. Running? Almost pass out after running slower than anyone else except the girl and eventually even she lapped me.

I never should have let my cardio get THIS bad.
>>
>>35746411
$18/hr at my full-time job with mediocre benefits. I do personal consulting under the banner of IT-as-a-service (ITaaS) on the side for another $25/hr sometimes, doing things for small local businesses. About 50k a year all told. It's not great money, it's only OK, but if you really put the hours in studying it you'll get your certs and a job likely starting at a level two help desk, maybe internal.

I went to college for a little while in my mid-twenties but found the age gap between me and the other students awkward so I left and chose to pursue IT work. I already had some experience with a co-founder of a big local company so I had experience too, not just certs.
>>
>>35743417
dude just leave.
pick up your shit and go.
nothing could be worse than that,not even being homeless. someone out there can help you dude. where ya from? I'd help you out bro.
>>
>>35746514
There is no doubt in my mind that you could. I was the only person that wasn't a skinny fat nerd and they shit on me, like embarrassingly. I blew threw all of the strength shit, but the army doesn't care about strength. Only stamina ever.
>>
>>35743535
>I tell my mom all the time and she keeps giving me meme advice, my dad doesn't talk to me anymore.

you fell for the "talking about your feelings in rl" meme. idiot.
>>
>>35746544
duuuuuuuuuuuude STEP IT UP
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (9KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
9KB, 320x180px
>>35743016
>33
>failed normie

I make 6 figs in tech. I have a quiet cute house to myself. I do whatever I want outside of work; nobody depending on me, nobody I depend on.

It's a lonely pointless road.

I might get a cat.
>>
>>35744826
sorry, was out, 5K? every 1$ is around 3k pesos, so simple math would say that 5k should net you around 15M colombian pesos, the minimun wage is around 700k to 800k pesos and a lot of people survive with that, so you should do fine for a while, maybe its harder if you don't have a degree but some places and some schools will ignore this if you are a native speaker, your best bet is to reach them online first, land the job and then come here
>>
>>35744656
you sound like a trump supporter my dear robot
>>
>>35746614
whats your job and what was your path to get their? I got a useless libtard degree and am considering programming bootcamp. yea or nay?
>>
>>35746467
>This was back in the mid 2000s, so there wasn't a focus on this much planing.

Don't want to sound like a bitch, but those times were much easier than now, trust me. Half my friends are smarter than me but they've been unemployed ever since they graduated.

>Like how? You getting a salary, and forced to work a bunch of overtime?

A normal week would be 50 hours? But I'm poor as fuck and have to travel an hour each way from house and back. It really stacks up, considering that I'm so tense at work that my body feels like someone beat me up every time I come home so all I do is come home, eat, shower, sleep and repeat. I basically don't have a life. Last weekend I was working as well.

The bright side is that I'm technically a consultant so I'm paid by the hour, but the consulting company robs me blind. The bank pays well over 100k (yearly) for my services but I barely see a third of that if not less.
>>
>>35743016
24yo

>Registered nurse ($30/HR$)
>live in comfy 2 bedroom apartment with spouse
>own car
>own no college debt (but SO has debt~17,000$)
>Have ~$15,000 saved for house

I'm not too bad off =) ....
>>
>>35746639

What part of SA do you live in?
>>
>>35743146
Happy birthday anon
I hope all your dreams come true
No one deserves to be sad on their birthday
>>
>>35746612
I have blisters the size of half dollars on both feet. I went until I was seeing spots and about to pass out. The recruiter could tell I was going to pass out if I kept on.

Tomorrow I'm busting the blisters and running until my feet bleed. I have a month and I'm going to max my test. I promise.
>>
>>35746706
I started school in the mid 2000s and graduated in 2011.

I mean, things were tough back then, but it just seemed to get worse like every month.

I have an acquantaince that graduated summa cum laude, and he recently got promoted from busboy to waiter after 5 years
>>
File: 1486236592465.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1486236592465.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>>35743222
>20 years old
>Want to hit 29 and never have a job
>Everyday I work I ponder committing suicide because of what I waste of my life it is
>Can't see myself doing it for the rest of my existence

I want an extended adolescence, but it's not coming. It's over. I made the right decision by not dropping out so I wouldn't get a job. I knew it was going to be bad, but I never fathomed that it'd be this bad.

I wish I could want a girlfriend, but I can't. I know the reality of what it entails despite never having one. I'm clearly not compatible with the general populace of females. I'll never be able to handle such a thing, and I'd rather build up my skill as an artist.

Drawing and animating are the only things I see worth living for. The ability to be a god of a fictional world is good enough for me.
>>
>>35746697

Job: UX Designer

Path:

I majored in English in undergrad. I worked a million weird/shitty jobs in my 20s: barrista, parking lot booth, teacher, night shift at target, prep cook, list goes on.

I finally decided I wanted to get into tech because I wanted more money. I went in for a 2 year masters program (Master of Science in Information). $40k debt. I worked on a hapless startup for a couple years. Moved to the bay for a few years. Gigged. Climbed the ladder. Jumped from job to job for experience. Paid off my debts. Now I have pretty easy low-stress job. But no passion.

Anybody seeking independence from their parent's house should look into tech (code, design, product, anything) and start working toward it. It's just a lucky sector of the economy where you can find work and get free from the parents, and not worry about money.

Barrier to entry in tech: Employers will always look for some mix of:

1. Sexy portfolio
2. Secondary education
3. Work experience

You have to hustle a bit to get in the door. Once you're in, it's nice. Personally, I enjoy design work. It's mindless and vaguely satisfying.
>>
>>35746706
1/3 of 100k/yr as a business analyst? Do you live in a low cost of living area?

If not you're getting ripped off! you're making like 45% of the average BA.

Have you looked at updating some certifications?
>>
>>35746712
i'm from colombia, currently living in Medellin
>>
>>35746779
>graduated summa cum laude
>got promoted from busboy to waiter

that is so fucking depressing. that kid could've done something man. i got a useless degree but i make 16/hr merchandising. He fucked up hard.
>>
>>35746697
Following up:

a bootcamp is worthwhile

just remember: some mix of experience, a portfolio, and education. bootcamps are solid education if you pick a good one (code academy, general assembly, among others)
>>
>>35746825

>parking lot booth,

I had to work that shift when I worked at a resort, holy shit is that a boring ass job. 8 hours of just standing in a parking lot. I don't know how night security does it.
>>
>25
>never had a job
>still live with parents
>don't own a car
>not a virgin at least

all i do is drink and watch movies, i wanna die lads
>>
>>35746860
I loved that job so much.

Fresh out of college with an English lit degree and an adderall script. I read so many books lol.
>>
30. I make just under 6 figs in tech. Have a quiet little apartment to myself, never saw the point in buying a house although I could afford one I guess. I sit and browse the internet whenever I'm not at work. It's a lonely pointless road. I recently realized that the sum of my existence all these years has boiled down to generating money for my boss's wife to buy expensive imported clothes with, and for his kids to afford extracurriculars. It feels like the ultimate cuck. I'm a lifecuck.
>>
>>35746825
I wish I had the brain to develop stuff. Fix things? Sure, IT seems like a good fit for me. But some folks have said I should try web design or something too. Not sure though.
>>
>>35746779
OK, now I understand.

And yes, it's fucking crazy out there. I thoroughly believe that the west is going to look drastically different 50 years from now compared to what we've grown accustomed to now. I don't think we've ever seen such a huge disparity in youth unemployment before. And it's not going to get any better with automation taking over.
>>
>>35746831

That's cool man, I grew up with a lot of colombian immigrants here in florida and I like the culture and people so that is part of the reason I could see myself down there. I heard good and bad things about it. I might take some vacation and go visit to see what its like.
>>
>>35746825
wow anon godamn thats quite a transition. good job. I'm currently in the shitty job era at 26. I make 16/hr merchandising but its still plebian and undignfied work.

Is design "front end"? (you make the website look stylish). I fucked around with coding on code academy and it was nice to see the results of your code instantly.

So i can get into a master's program with a worthless undergrad degree and no prereqs? I didn't think it was that easy.
>>
>>35746854
>a bootcamp is worthwhile

Don't listen to this guy. Having certs is way better if you're not going to have a degree. There's so many shitty bootcamps and online degree stuff no one takes it seriously.
>>
>>35745397
Age related risks of defects are present for both men and women. Autism is the main thing on the paternal side iirc.
>>
>>35746854

Code Academy as in the online tutorial site?

That's a surprise.
>>
>>35746850
He works at a Las Vegas casino, so he probably makes more than you per hour, but we have brains man. I worked in hospitality too until I got laid off (job got contracted out to part timers). It's shitty and demeaning work. You see normies with great lives, affording what you can't, and it's hard not to feel down about your own situation.
>>
>>35746898
Why not keep drugs and a prostitute around at all times? It's not the cure for shitty loneliness but it's good medicine.
>>
>>35746899

In the tech world, I describe the roles like so:

Coder: Need to be an analytical thinker who enjoys the satisfaction of fixing a problem with logic.

Product: Must be extroverted and proactive. Meetings all day. Mostly talk, not much "doing."

UI Designer: Like a coder, but uses the left brain. Pushes pixels all day and loves it. Introverted. Enjoys the satisfaction of a 'perfect mockup/spec.'

UX Designer: Sits between product and ui design. You have to be good at talking half the time (with devs, designers, product), but the other half of the time you plan the 'blueprints' of an app/site. So basically... Half design half product, like a half-elf in D&D

UX Researcher: Extroverted. Data nerds favored. Must enjoy research.

IT: Most passionate about hardware set up and maintenance. Satisfying work but be warned: this is the lowest paying job of the bunch, with a lot of people yelling at you all day because they are too dumb to get Outlook to work, or get on the wifi.

Content Strategist: Extroverted bullshit artist. Marketing background. Buzzwords.

Tech is good. You can find a niche.
>>
>>35746941
There are plenty of master's programs at the lesser reputed but still state colleges. It's not Ivy League but no one is going to shit on your master's from an actual Flyover State University.
>>
>>35746973
no shit, i know all about that demeaning aspect. i squat and stop in the isles of supermarkets like im picking cotton while rich housewives strut around me in heels. im pretty smart too with jack shit to show for it. seems like tech is the only way out.
>>
>>35746957
Sorry I meant hack reactor. My brain is scrambled. I use drugs - hence, failed normie ;(
>>
>>35747011
That's why you implement thorough group policies, roll out Active Directory, and lock the idiots down. Outlook problems go away mostly unless you fuck up. Using some 802.1x with wireless works wonders too because then you both keep control of your environment and there's no changing PSK for people to fuck up once you've helped them login for the first time.

>not knowing how to stop those problems before they even begin
>>
>>35746711
all of that AND retarded enough to post in 25+ when under 25
>>
>>35746923
ive met a lot of tourist, my suggestion? don't bite on the traditional tourist trap and visit only the main cities(Bogota, Cartagena, Medellin), dig a little, ask around, there's a lot of nice stuff to see if you are willing to take your time
>>
>>35746948
there's no "right way" into the tech world

all the info you need to ply your craft like a badass is online

however, the barrier to entry for most employers (barring a personal connection) is still some mix of : "official" education, a nice portfolio, and work experience. That's the hard part.

Code camps are good for people who learn in groups, from a leader. Not necessary though, you can learn all that stuff as a lone wolf.
>>
>>35747011
so is UI Designer "front end"?
>>
>>35747071
IT is a fulfilling job (as far as meaningful labor goes in this hellscape society). You know more than 90% of the office about the gear and software. But it has drawbacks (lower pay, higher stress, relatively)
>>
File: 1488336448736.png (47KB, 916x910px) Image search: [Google]
1488336448736.png
47KB, 916x910px
26, own a car but live with mummy. shit job i'm barely holding on to because people think i'm crazy and my drug use has been getting worse over the last year. Fairly depressed, feel helpless. not sure what I'm doing.
>>
>>35747104
>as a lone wolf

Are you stupid? All you need to do is sit down and read to learn it. Certifications and other respected programs are just to prove you know it.

Employers want to see shit listed from vendors they already know, not that you went to a 3-week online "javascript bootcamp."

There is a right way and just because you bought into bootcamps like the mouth breathing mongoloid you are doesn't mean you need to lead others down your road of stupid.
>>
>>35747111
UI designers work in AI and Sketch to make the pixel-perfect specifications of what the app/site/product looks like.

UX designers plan the layout, the flow, the user needs (wireframes, prototypes, diagrams and shit)

But the two cross over a lot depending on the org.

Sorry for spamming this thread, but I think most robots have a good shot at working in tech, if they have the fire to get the fuck out of the NEET lifestyle/want a middle class existence.
>>
>>35747177
>want to see shit listed from vendors they already know

what does this mean? im a techtard and id like to visualize a path
>>
>>35747177
Employers do not see the world this way.

Employers want some mix of:

Education
Professional experience
A portfolio that demonstrates competency

You can have 2 of 3, or a mix, whatever. There's no 'right way' to get what you want.

I didn't attend a bootcamp. I got a master's degree. I worked in the field. I made a sweet portfolio site. It was easy from then on.
>>
>>35747199
>I think most robots have a good shot at working in tech
Not really, if you wanna get into tech these days the first hurdle you need to jump is proving to the prospective employer that they should hire you instead of an Indian, Malaysian or Eastern European who will work for 1/5th of your price, which at least initially is mostly going to come down to personality.
>>
>be 32
>live with mom because dad died
>no job, no future, can't be hired, can't get neetbux
>stuck in limbo, dont know what to do
>just want to gut myself with dad's hunting knife but don't want to make mom sad

All I think about every day are ways to kill myself, I don't know what to do anymore, my brain screams that I should do it and stop being a drain on everyone and everything I touch. Christ I want to get drunk and jump off a bridge.
>>
>>35743281

Drag your trailer to upper michigan and live in my backyard. I'll come visit you and we can bro out, bro.
>>
>>35747249
what exactly did you do in the portfolio? furthermore, did you follow some kind of template relevant to the industries you wanted to be in or did you just dick around with your own ideas?
>>
>>35747253
Most of my coworkers are white men. It's pretty chill.

That said, we have indians and russians working onsite, as with most my gigs.

Also, the best android dev happens to be a 22 year old black kid.

It's still the wild west, most apps, sites, software are shit (especially in medical, b2b, and finance) I wouldn't get fatalistic just yet.
>>
>>35747288
Different anon, but how do we know you aren't actually a homeless cannibal that plans to eat him then live in his trailer?
>>
>>35747227
OK, let's say I'm in management and I want to hire someone or have someone do a subcontract for me. If they don't have a four-year I'm going to be looking for vendors I know when it comes to certs and the like. Do they have anything from Microsoft? CompTIA? Anything from Cisco or even Juniper?

Let's look at it this way, you know what a CCNA is, right? Even if you don't have one but you're kind of familiar with some IT field things. Would you trust seeing a CCNA or another thing from a big known vendor or something from a "bootcamp" you've never heard of? That's just the new version of "online degrees" since they've been agreed on as trash.
>>
>>35747305
The portfolio site requires at least 3 projects you can demonstrate.

I used a bootstrap template, loaded in graphics and links and copy to describe my endeavors, made it look slick (flat design, single-scroller site, clean minimalism).

For coders it might be different - not sure.

Where do these projects come from?

Either professional experience, side-gigs (make a website for a yoga center, build a prototype of your own, use projects from school). These get your foot in the door.
>>
File: 6787983456.jpg (70KB, 544x960px) Image search: [Google]
6787983456.jpg
70KB, 544x960px
>>35747320

Well, you don't, but if it's any consolation or proof of my intent, I don't have teeth, they all got pulled, and I don't have dentures, so eating meat is kind of hard. My second disclosure is that our house is paid for, so I don't need his trailer. Third point is.....uh, I don't know, but, I promise not to eat you and have my little doggo snack on your bones? Pic related is little doggo, his mouth is too tiny for human bones.
>>
>>35747249
Well why even tell people to go to a bootcamp then? That shit is garbage.

There sure is a right way and it involves at least a four-year or a set of professional certifications, along with experience and maybe a portfolio. Portfolio is really something you do once you have experience to show things off though.
>>
>>35747406
It's an option I've seen proven successful for some of my colleagues. Just an option.

But you're kind of right: it's worth way less than a master's for your pedigree. And it doesn't teach you anything you can't learn yourself.
>>
>>35747011
I guess it depends where you sit on IT..entry level is very low pay grade. Anything security related(I.E management related) tends to bump pay up a lot. also, government contracts are always super inflated for pay. But most times is always contractual.

Trying to make it bros. I wasted my 20's doing shit. Gonna make an effort.
>>
>>35747362
and dare i ask you learned the skills necessary to do all this from your master's from flyoverU?
>>
>>35747399
damn nigga that sucks you have the meth mouth look without the meth part.
>>
>>35743016
Turned 41 yesterday. Second oldest of 7 kids and the only one who has never been married or had a kid.

>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>35748030

How does that feel anon? At least you can be a good uncle. I'm an only child and mom constantly bugs me about showiing her some grandbabies even though i've told her that's not going to happen.
>>
>>35748030
How have you not managed to not have a kid? Even mindless animals manage to have kids. Hell, even Indians manage to find people to fuck them enough to get a kid.
>>
Life get's really really fucking weird when you hit 30...
>>
>>35746309

You have missed the /exact same point/ that I /explicitly made/ in that post that you just replied to. Try re-reading the related posts.

Hint: the thing that you yourself mentioned is involved.
>>
>>35748314
Being an uncle is great. The frustrating thing is not being able to see the part of me that's damaged, missing, or broken that keeps me foreveralone. Apart from that, I have a decent job and could conceivably eat and exercise my way to decent health. So it could be a lot worse.
>>
Is Maria Russian Royalty?

Like a literal princess? I don't know fuck all about russian history pre ww1 but I thought those fuckers were exiled in siberia?

I'm going to need some history lessons, updated post conspiracy.
>>
>>35743504
>Hey, old fags what was 4chan like back in the day?

pretty much the same as it is now...
there are some slight changes though:

the memes were simpler, more people would "raid" other websites, everyone was obsessed with "newfags," /pol/ was more libertarian and less fascist, /mu/ had better and more obscure taste in music, way fewer femanons, more cp, r9k hadn't even been invented yet!
>>
>>35749000
I was going to shit on your post but you got trips.
>>
File: h8rs.png (542KB, 886x477px) Image search: [Google]
h8rs.png
542KB, 886x477px
>27
>go fishing weekend all night
>caught a 30 lb sturgeon
>eat smores from the bombfire made from driftwood

feels good. This hobby is the best thing that ever happened to me and may have saved my life. I'm saving up for a boat so i can fish allover
>>
>>35743535
I joined the Army at 24. It worked out fine.
>>
>>35745405
I would like to know what your job is plz.
>>
>>35746738
Try working a bit smarter, not necessarily harder. Take a day, put some fucking ointment on your feet. Read about interval training and hill sprints. Trust me, I've been there- I made it, and so can you, but not by being a retard.
>>
I'm going to my first movie alone on Tuesday morning. Any tips?
>>
File: big time.jpg (71KB, 574x863px) Image search: [Google]
big time.jpg
71KB, 574x863px
>enough money to live comfortably but not enough to make home ownership or early retirement a possibility
>keep lifting even though body looks the exact same it did last year and the year before that because I'm natty
>not sure if balding or not
>disgusted by women my age (26) and only feel attraction towards the 18-23 yr old qts who are unobtainable

REEE etc.
>>
>>35743146
Tfw ill be 27 in May, been here since 2005. I agree things were better then. At least on the internet.
>>
>>35743016
>live in Miami
>26 years old
>finishing law school
>0$ debt
>Decent Job prospects after I get Licensed
>Moved back home 2 semesters ago to save money
>have 9/10 gf with big titts who is a freak in bed
>tomorrow we head to a beach apartment to spend the weekend and smoke and have epic sex

feels good man.mpeg
>>
>>35751096
>have 9/10 gf with big titts who is a freak in bed

HOW HOW HOW
PICS PICS PICS
>>
>>35751096
Nice bait.

I bet you arent even a normie.
>>
>>35748030
Marriage and kids are not some fucking first place prize. Fuck marriage and if kids happen at a time when it makes sense sure and if they don't they don't.
>>
File: 1417880643613.png (117KB, 648x648px) Image search: [Google]
1417880643613.png
117KB, 648x648px
>>35743016
>25 years old
>2 year NEET
>starting job on Monday
>50 hours a week night shift work in a warehouse
Be painfully honest with me here, how fucked am I? I really want to make this work and I'm determined not to be a useless slob forever, but I'm worried my mind and body just won't be able to cope.

I didn't want to work so many hours per week, but this is the only job I could get (probably because few other people want to do it).
>>
Successful game developer
shitton of money in bank cuz hippy
don't even like game dev
just want to get high and watch cartoons
>>
>>35751454
eat well and lots, you're body will be destroyed. right diet will help regrowth. otherwise your fucked
>>
File: ol1s5nzdam1y.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ol1s5nzdam1y.png
53KB, 200x200px
>>35743016
>mfw only 20 and toasting in this bread
Wheres your god now?
>>
>>35751454
Hey, I'm a 25 year old who was 2 years NEET as well. I just started a new job mid January. When I first started, they only worked me about 30 hours a week. Now I work 6 days a week, have more responsibilities than everyone save for the owner and the owner's son, and work overtime.

If you're working with actual humans, they'll see you're still getting your legs. That's how my employers saw it before they started working me until I want to die.
>>
>>35751454
50 hours a week is so many? that's less than half of your non sleeping hours per week.

>mind
warehouse work is comfy, dont have to deal with people much

>body
Depends on the job, most warehouse work isnt actually that physical
>>
>>35751520
You sound like you work for Blizzard or Bioware

Makes me miss THQ
>>
28 f.
90 dollars an hour at a job I enjoy a lot and it's easy. I've sat down with my boss twice in four years. I never see or talk to her otherwise.
Live alone with pets.
Attractive, not a 10 but at least a 7.
But. Drug addicted alcohol with issues. Lol. Forever alone.
>>
>>35751749
Cool, you're a prostitute.
>>
>>35743016
>tfw just turned 40
>tfw INTP
>tfw 5'6" manlet
>tfw ginger
>tfw tiny penis which no one will ever touch anyway
>tfw lived in the same apartment for 12 years
>tfw don't make enough to live anywhere else in this city
No friends, barely have a job, just waiting to die.
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.