[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/unifeels/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 374
Thread images: 51

File: 1443411663107s.jpg (7KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443411663107s.jpg
7KB, 209x250px
How are you coping lads? I think this semester has been my worst so far, I failed a few exams and mental health is slowly deteriorating. At this point even being around other people in my dorm is too much so I wait until they're gone before I get anything to eat.

I'm not even sure what I do with my days anymore, it's literally just been lectures, eat and pass out for the last few weeks
>>
Ples kill me I cannot do it anymore, I thought things would be better but they got worse.
>>
>failed 3 subjects this semester, well, didn't even try
>mental health is not bad, just caring less
>drinking too much

>feelio when no break inbetween semesters, just a weekend

at least I'll get a rematch starting next week. hope I can get the motivation together to attend class somewhat regularly and actually order the textbooks this time around.
>>
There were an anon a few months ago who said he was graduating and he hasn't made a single friend. No idea if that person still lurks, but it all motivated me to go out and be a lot more productive. Thanks anon.

Also, my life pretty much consists of work, studying, and sleep. But I think the sacrifice is worth it in the long run.
>>
>>34429314
I've been full panic mode since Sunday. Couldn't get myself to leave my room. Tuesday was the last day to withdraw from the semester without any academic or finically penalty and I impulsively did so. I'm not any better but I really fucked up. More than likely I was going to fail but this is some bad shit too. Don't know what the fuck I'm gonna say when my parents call.
>>
Gonna drop this semester for sure.

Finished my first semester with a 1.41 gpa, and it's not getting any better this semester.
>>
>>34429314
>tfw off campus

no RAs, no roommates, no normies, just quiet
>>
>>34429442
>tfw on campus

No brother and his loud friends, no yelling parents, roomate is taking like 18 hours this semester or something crazy, so he's not really around a lot so it's pretty peaceful here too
>>
>>34429368
I actually prefer it when I have more lectures, at least it gives me something to do instead of moping around starting at the ceiling all day
>>34429357
I had this feeling yesterday, was trying to watch TV and there was this scene where a couple started making out. Was almost on the brink of losing it completely desu.

Seriously considering dropping out because at this point I'm basically paying to sit in my room and feel shit all day
>>34429386
I haven't made a single friend either. I have some people I casually talk to in lectures but outside that they barely know I exist. Not once has someone ever contacted me without me having to initiate everything
>>34429397
Yeah that happened to me last semester for around a week, I had my first panic attack and everything just got worse from then onwards
>>
>>34429483
>I actually prefer it when I have more lectures, at least it gives me something to do instead of moping around starting at the ceiling all day

there's truth in that. problem is a 1.5hr commute (plus the way back) that's doing a number on my motivation.
>>
starting uni in melbourne in a few weeks. any tips for a beginner?
>>
I'm gonna be dorming for grad school, and I'm really fucking worried
How will I shit/shower/shave etc with other people?
What if my roommates are slobs?
>>
>>34429314
guys stop wasting your time and money in college. If you guys are getting 1.41 gpa, you're not going to get a job at a firm that will even bother verifying whether you posses a college degree.

I'm not saying you should get a mcjob but go and get some work experience, do some freelance work. Finish your degree after you've built up some work experience but only if you need it to move to a higher position. These days college degrees are just HR checklists, they carry almost zero weight.
>>
>tfw group presentation

time to drop out
>>
Max grade I can get it's 30.
I got a 25 and a 24, in two of the three most difficult exams. I still have 6 more to go, I did one of them today though. Not too bad, although I need an average of 27 to remain in the campus and an average of 28 to have access to Erasmus.
Also, just received some r-moda. This is going to be fun.
>>
>>34429523
Ah shit man, that sounds intense. I've been thinking about commuting but can barely wake up on time as it is, even now I just lay in bed until 5 mins before my lectures start
>>34429560
In the first couple of weeks everyone is looking for friends, get drunk and go out and make sure you get along with the other people in your dorm. If not then switch as early as you can. If you can find a way to get drugs it'll make normies want to talk to you
>>34429590
My last two years I had a straight 4.0 so it's just this year that things are going to shit, it's not even that the content is any more difficult but I just can't handle uni any more
>>34429621
>stem subject
>i still have to do group presentations
what suffering is this
>>
>>34429654
>My last two years I had a straight 4.0 so it's just this year that things are going to shit, it's not even that the content is any more difficult but I just can't handle uni any more

Then I still recommend taking a gap year to straighten everything out. Find an internship somewhere, even if it's unpaid that's still better than blowing money on college. What's your major btw?
>>
Couple of girls asked me to tutor them for a class, so now I get $20 for an hour of my time breaking down the various readings. Feels pretty god.
>>
>>34429314
I dropped out already. And it was my first semester.
>>
>>34429739
I'm not sure, I'm already halfway through the year and fucked things up pretty badly so I'm not sure what internships are out there any more. I'm majoring in theoretical physics
>>
>>34429314
Kinda wish I had chosen a two-room double in Junior housing instead of a single in sophomore housing. Selection for next year's housing is coming up; I need to find a group of people to live with.

Fuck
>>
>>34429386
How does one not make a single friend? Universities have a million clubs to join. I'm part of FSU's anime club and it's awesome. No weebs, just a bunch of fun people who like anime.
>>
>>34429787
It's definitely possible if you just avoid people entirely.
>>
>>34429787
Pretty easily, I'd think. I'm slowly distancing myself from others; I might not have any friends by the time I graduate.
>>
>>34429809
Just going to class then locking yourself in your room defeats the purpose of uni, in my opinion. At the Student Life Center (SLC) here at FSU, they have consoles and gaming PCs set up, and regularly host fighting game tournaments. That's a fucking great way to have some fun and meet new people. You're at uni first and foremost to get a degree, but it's also about trying new things and meeting new people.
>>
the new blackboard is engineered to make me feel shit about myself i'm pretty sure

it'll show pretty shit """motivational"""" messages if my grade is below the class average, even if it's just because the professor hasn't graded my work yet
>>
>>34429878
I agree with you but I don't think you realize how AUTISTIC some people are. Just going out and joining clubs is not an option for some people.
>>
>>34429787
I tried attending clubs and it didn't help me make friends. I just went there, played tennis or watched cartoons or whatever, and then went home again. Eventually I just stopped going because people clearly don't appreciate my presence there
>>
>>34429314
If you assholes are from the US and you complain about college life you should open your eyes and fucking see how lucky you are. You have no idea how easy college life is in the US compared to other countries. Don't take this as an insult, be happy with your life.
>>
>>34429314
Went from 4.3/4.3 gpa the first year, was gonna start medschool or pharm school in
fall 2016

Major stuff happenned in my life, i wasnt in a state to sttay at uni but toxic family didnt allow me to drop out, failed eveery classes, with medical paper i got a semester cancelled but still had a semester with 2.0/4.3 gpa

Everyone above 3.9/4.3 all got in medschool and pharmschool

i'm at 3.7 now..still recovering but doing so much better than i was at rock bottom, i was slowed down but we're all gonna make it brah,we're all gonna make it
>>
>>34429998
except for lowlifes /pol/ users, they should just kill themselves already
>>
>>34429781
Companies tend to do a lot of hiring from January-April so this is actually a good time to look for a position. I know a lot of people will only want to work for top tier companies like IBM, google etc but also look for small to medium sized companies. Failing that try to look for freelance work or an unpaid internship.

Do some tutoring if you can't find anything tech related. I majored in something equally useless (math) so I speak from experience. Uni degrees are usually not worth the paper they're printed on.
>>
>>34429777
That was the smart thing to do, better than dropping out two years later with a mountain of debt and nothing to show for it
>>
File: 1484893629915.png (514KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
1484893629915.png
514KB, 810x810px
>tfw I have to go listen to some pajeet professor ramble in an accent so thick it's unintelligible in a few hours
If it was just the accent I could stand it but the guy barely speaks english I literally have no idea what the last 3 weeks have been about
>>
>>34429787
Hah. Here there are only political party youths and i dont want anything to do with commies
>>
holding a good GPA 3.5 would be better if it wasn't for Stat.
>>
File: 1485274337342.png (344KB, 417x511px) Image search: [Google]
1485274337342.png
344KB, 417x511px
>>34429787
Not him, but I tried joining my uni's anime club and I still couldn't make any friends ( I wouldn't have even minded if they were total weebs), no on in it actually talks to anyone except for their small group of friends they come in with. It's held in one of the biggest lectures halls and people were scattered around it in groups of 2-3, I went to a few meetings and tried sitting with people but if you did they acted like you were bothering them. Same with one of the gaming clubs I tried to join, everyone already came in with a small group of friends and kept to themselves. I feel like my uni is just a really unsocial place.
>>
>Just thinking about how I'm not doing too badly in the current course and might actually be interested in it
>Remember my last two courses which went badly and are worth 33% of the year

Eberydime :DD
>>
>>34429787
FSU as in florida state? I heard the anime club here was an absolute shit show and riddled with weebs and autists.
>>
File: 1485292910082.jpg (414KB, 1468x1468px) Image search: [Google]
1485292910082.jpg
414KB, 1468x1468px
I feel so shitty about what just happened

>family is letting me live with them totally free
>"only job you have anon is to get the best grades possible"
>sacrifice things for me
>just failed my first math exam after studying all week

I studied so hard but as soon as I took the test I forgot everything. Pretty sure I failed it hard. Idk what to do robots...
>>
>>34429787
>tfw part of the anime, japanese, gaming (smash/weeb fighter) clubs
>>
I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time and I don't even know what I don't know. I'm just about ready to call it a semester and play vidya all day. Hell I basically do that already but replace vidya with shitposting and watching movies. Kill me. Kill me. Kill me.
>>
>>34431008
yeah! fuck all those WEEBs and AUTISTS

*posts on r9k*
>>
>>34430812
How to develop your social skills 101:
>"Can I be bored with you too?"
>listen to what they talk about
>get interested in the convo

The rest follows itself. Except if you're a sperg and can't actually interact with people. Being friendly isn't hard.
>>
>>34431446
>omg I failed once my life is ending

Dude. Just keep on working and fix the things that made you fail the first time. Chill.
>>
>>34431446
Just push forward. My dad told me that failing an exam is nothing. Life is full of much bigger blunders, injustices and backstabs.
I just failed, rather prof. was an asshole and failed me because i didn't phrase something like it's in the book word for word.
>>
>>34429314
I did it boys. I dropped out of college.
>>
>>34432288
Can you elaborate why?
>>
I miss university. I wasted some opportunities there and I feel that's hurt my life now. No big deal, I am doing okay, but don't be so quick and ready to say no to things. You will regret it.
>>
>>34429314
I graduated this past December with a computer engineering degree. Don't drop out bros, you can do it! I actually even came to the unifeels threads for like 2 years when I had difficult projects or tests.
>>
>>34430570
I just didn't go in those cases
>>
>>34432678
This is how I feel about high school but that was tolerable at least, uni is just torture if you're not a party loving normie
>>
File: 1480697367169.png (200KB, 680x637px) Image search: [Google]
1480697367169.png
200KB, 680x637px
last semester I completely lost motivation in the end, so I didn't prapare for exams and just skipped them all because I would fail anyway

my life sucks ass and I'm addicted to internet because it's the only way to forget that I'm all alone

right now I'm considering going for a walk outside or playing some rounds of overwatch, even if I have school stuff to do before tomorrow (it's 21:52 here)

I've even been talking to a psychiatrist, but he didn't give any advice what so ever, except that I have to talk with the doc to get anti depressants

I know I really need some hobby to start breaking out of this unvoluntary cocoon mode, but I have no clue where I could fit in. I enjoy the gym, as well as books and movies, but that's solo stuff. Haven't had a real interest in forever and I'm probably the most boring guy in town by now
>>
>beautiful sunny day today
>all the normies are socializing with each other, especially with the new term starting
>see my high school friend already going home with some new friend, doesn't even look at me
>I'm just here retaking first year courses as a second year on academic probation
>get depressed looking at the few older students in class, who are also alone or simply started skipping class
>the older girl I gave my number to last class didn't text me, but I came late to class and she looks back at me sadly, seems clueless
>didn't even say hi to her
>this guy sitting beside me seems like a fellow CS robot and I want to say hi but he seems mad
>in another math class, this nice looking guy sits beside me but I can't say hi

Then I suddenly started thinking about how my whole life is a failure, wondering where it went wrong...

Man I literally started crying in class and had to walk out in the middle of lecture. Fuck...

I am pretty content but just the >tfw no gf >tfw no friends thought is killing me

There are some fellow older students like me but they all seem insecure and depressed af
>>
>>34430812
That's because anime and gaming crowds are full of unsociable autists
>>
>>34429314
BOO HOO. wait until you actually fuck your life up first
>>
Fell for the STEM meme.
Now, in 2nd year gonna drop out.
Gonna be a wageslave. Life never looked better
>>
>>34429314
>tfw on academic probation
>last term I overloaded on full courseload because changed majors AND volunteering some shitty job on top of that
>volunteered at a hospital where I have to try to talk to every patient who don't want to do anything
>befriended some Stacy cuck slut in CS whose every move made me cringe
>ended up feeling really depressed, and anxious throughout the term
>didn't defer final exams although I had legitimate symptoms like anxiety, chills, and heart palpitations
>ended up failing two courses, barely passing one course
>1.2 GPA which is my lowest ever

>have to make up for it this term, but I'm already getting tired and lonely
>still have to wake up for 9am classes
>tfw no friends
>>
>tfw still haven't made any friends in classes
>see a couple loners who I could easily befriend are in the same classes
>get reminded of how I was arrogant towards them last term when they approached me
Man I think I'm a schizoid

Always fantasizing about social situations yet turning them away when I'm approached

Thankfully I'm considered attractive by women
>>
>>34432637
I'm uncertain of what I really want out of College. I'm just wasting time and money without any direction and I struggled through the last two semesters due to lack of motivation.
>>34432637

I did get a decent paying job ($19/hr) at a hospital cafeteria so I'm not too bummed about my decision. Maybe I'll go back when I decide I'm done slaving away in the kitchen - or maybe not. In the meantime, I'm happy that there's one less burden on my shoulders.
>>
>>34433324
If you go back the feels of being older than everyone will kill you
>>
>tfw third week of classes
>beautiful day outside
>everyone is now starting to socialize and make new friends
>I still haven't made any new friends, but had failed encounters
>tfw assignments are due and I have no idea how to do them
>>
>>34429314
>move to new city
>take online classes
>no chance at making any friends through college
>go to art museum
>giant picture of two Negroes in a homosexual embrace with flowers
>see a girl looking at the same picture
>awkwardly tell her it looks fruity

Well that was the extent of my attempts at making a friend for yesterday.
>>
File: 1435272018258.png (104KB, 1209x798px) Image search: [Google]
1435272018258.png
104KB, 1209x798px
>been in the honors program for 2.5 years now
>it's done almost nothing to my benefit, just alot of extra work in irrelevant classes
>only benefit is registering before everyone else
>dropping from it today

>almost every class has mindreaders in them
>so used to it now it doesn't even bother me

Everything else is great, anons! Every semester I spend here, I like it better and better.
>>
File: 1485101187380.jpg (97KB, 433x419px) Image search: [Google]
1485101187380.jpg
97KB, 433x419px
>group work that counts for half the semester's grade
>have to send list of persons you're working with to teacher
>never interacted with anyone ever
>>
>>34429314
you should just quit now while you're still a virgin fag
>>
>>34429787
Can I join a club if I don't even attend the university. I think I might go to one at ASU.

Would they know? Do I need Uni ID?
>>
File: Nox.gif (610KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Nox.gif
610KB, 600x338px
>doing work at library
>people walk near me or accidently brush against me
>jitter and start to shake for a few seconds
This just started yesterday. My autism has taken over my heart and brain so much that actual human contact startles my system because of how alien it is.
>>
>>34431707
They didn't want to talk though is the thing, they ended any conversation that wasn't with their little groups as quickly as they could

>>34433095
Where else would I go though, I don't like sports, and surely there's someone else out there who enjoys anime or gaming and wants to meet others. Like I said though I'm pretty sure it's just my uni even in classes people never really talk to each other, before classes people just sit on their phones in dead silence, it's like everyone at my uni tries to be as unsociable as possible.
>>
>>34433700
>Where else would I go though
That's the tricky part. You would probably have better luck meeting normies another way.

It's unsociable like that in my uni as well. The commuters who only stick to their high school friends, the international students who know each other through ethnic clubs...
>>
Has anybody here tried making friends with people from the platonic section of craigslist?

Does this work or will I end up hanging out with some fatty or getting murdered?
>>
>>34433700
>They didn't want to talk though is the thing, they ended any conversation that wasn't with their little groups as quickly as they could
Don't take it too personally m8.

They're just autists or socially awkward, probably not in the mood to socialize

If you participated more you could probably fit in but I don't know if it's worth sacrificing your self esteem.
>>
>commuting to class
>beautiful day outside
>start thinking about my past and where my life went all wrong
>eyes become wet because of the tears
>see my high school friend already going home, he's with another friend and ignores me
>everyone seems happy because the day is so sunny, with people just becoming new friends

Man the feels killed me. Normally I should be feeling happy because it's a nice day in the winter.

I look around in class, the older students are all looking insecure and depressed. The transfer students I planned to make friends with, they started skipping classes. I also didn't say hi to this girl who asked for help and got my number last time
>>
>tfw CS assignment due next Monday
>haven't started on it yet and I suck at python
>no partner to do it together with
>tfw retaking this course and I already feel behind again
>the prof seems arrogant, didn't even reply my emails, and looks at me condescendingly in class
>>
File: old death feelsman.jpg (66KB, 482x428px) Image search: [Google]
old death feelsman.jpg
66KB, 482x428px
>>34433859
Yeah, it's a nice day here too, and I'm sitting alone in my apartment. Brother said he wanted to go shopping for stuff, when I asked him where he wanted to go he said he's just going with some friends.

>tfw sulking in my own self pity looking at craigslist adds
>>
>tfw the prof keeps looking at you in lectures like "oh I hope that guy doesn't kill himself"
>>
>>34433908
Yeah the feels got too much that I actually started crying in the middle of lecture. Quietly sobbed in the washroom for like 20 minutes. Eyes got all red.

I also declined and didn't follow up when a girl I was seeing last year asked me out for lunch. She could easily be my gf if I wanted.

The feeling of defeat is just getting too much, fuck...
>>
>>34433926
>tfw the only really good conversations I had were with the professors
>>
>>34433762
>You would probably have better luck meeting normies another way.
I never said I wanted to meet normies, honestly I'd rather socially akward autist who are into the same stuff as me
>>
>>34433970
Don't be a faggot man, and get that waifu. You shouldn't be crying either. I haven't cried since my dog died. I don't know if keeping feelings inside is healthy, but I can always post them on this shit hole as some kind of catharsis.
>>
3.9 STEM major gpa but with 0 internships because of anxiety and all that crap

jfmsu pham
>>
File: 1485069125891.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485069125891.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>34429314
>one of my suite mates completely crosses the line during an argument
>expects me to apologize and start talking to him again
Just went to go get a room change form.
>>
File: 1484110863154.png (30KB, 466x361px) Image search: [Google]
1484110863154.png
30KB, 466x361px
>>34433970
Fuck this type of stuff happens to me to.
>at older sister's graduation
>she got a masters in architecture
>start to tear up not because i'm happy
>because i'm sad
>go to the bathroom and cry my eyes out for 30 minutes
>think about how I'll never ever be as smart or successful as her
>i'm just gonna be a massive failure my whole life
>end up missing her get her degree
>>
Should I do it anons... It's 2 weeks since she posted it. How do I not come off as a pathetic loser when I look for friends on Craigslist?
>>
It's my first day back and i already feel like killing myself
>>
>>34433990
I know what you mean man.

I am still saying it's better to go out in more normie situations, like volunteering to meet friends like that

Those type of people don't go to clubs because they prefer to talk about it with their friends or online

I know it, I'm a guy who's into kpop. Went to a Korean conversational club thing and everyone only ever talked about kdramas
>>
>>34434103
I missed my brothers graduation from high school cause I took the wrong train and ended up in Switzerland. It's funny now, but at the time I really hated being such a dumb fuck up.
>>
>>34433973
Yeah a lot of professors are actually huge robots

No social skills, no gf, academia is all they had in their life...

Some of them recognize you and look at you with almost begging eyes to come to their office hours
>>
>>34434013
>Don't be a faggot man, and get that waifu
I know she likes me, but I can't trust her. She's an emotionally deprived Stacy slut, always see her mingling with guys with no success because she's ugly cute.

I cried because the feelings of defeat just kept building on and on.
>>
>>34434173
No, I don't think that was it. One black dude was divorced and still lived with his mum though, it was sad, but he seemed pretty happy.

>tfw 30ish qt Professor will never be my history waifu
>>
>>34434225
Don't know what to say, just go for it, and try to be alpha.
>>
>>34429314
>Exam on Saturday
>Haven't studied yet
>Exam on Tuesday
>Haven't studied yet

Too busy being anxious because I have to give them a call because they managed to get my address wrong and so all my mail is now going to my neighbor and also have to talk to qt3.14 about study group because she suggested it and I can't say no, but I also can't talk to people.
Also have to cancel another study group I got roped in the same way because I miraculously managed to pass an exam with exactly 50%.

Universities really aren't made for people with social anxiety.
I'm unironically considering a "I'm autistic, be kind to me" sign I could wear around my neck. People would laugh, but it might actually make people stop trying to socialize with me.
>>
File: 4214312312.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
4214312312.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>someone finally knocked on my dorm room door after 4 months of being here
>it was a mistake
>somehow it still made me happier than I've been in a while
>>
>>34434237
Well that's just him, but there are plenty of profs who are total robots.
>>
I go to internet school and they're about to kick my out because I don't do the work because I have no motivation and depressed.
>>
What do I do when I get a qt's number r9k? I'm pretty sure I'm mildly autistic but it comes off to most people as quirkiness/goonish charisma. All I ever do here besides class is shitpost or go to the gym and my only friends are these 2 guys I know from high school who are slowly abandoning me for their college buds. I've never really gotten a girl's number before so I'm not really sure what the social etiquette is here.

>Going to r9k for advice on girls
pls send help
>>
>>34433373
I'm fine with it. I already felt that pain.
>>
>>34432707
Attendance is 15% of the grade
>>
Women are flaming human garbage.

>HEHEHEHE HE HEE HE HE HEEH EHE HE HE WE SHOULD GO GET COFFEE HAHA HAHA AHE HAE AHE AHE AHE AHE AHSUE AHF EA*gIGGLES* *SCREAMS FOR NO REASON* AHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COFFEE!!! HAHAHAHA HA AEHA EHA EHAE AHE AEFHA FEHEA AFHAEF AEHAEA EHA EHA EHAEH AEH AEH *doubling over collapsing with laughter* hahHAHEAHEAE COFFE YEAH MAYBE AT THAT PLACE UP THE STR*GIGGLES*EET UP THE STREET HAHAE HAE AHE YEAH EYAHEAHEAHEAHEHAEHAEAEHAE AHFDSJKAFD HLSAGHWAKLGJH

SHUT THE FUKC UP!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVEN'T EXCHANGED ANY FUCKING INFORMATION OTHER THAN "COFFEE? YES. AT THE PLACE." AND YOU'VE FUCKING DESTROYED MY WILL TO LVIE WITH YOUR GIDDINESS

>HAHA I WAS IN CLASS AND IT SNOWED AND I WAS LIKE OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD HAHAE HAEHA EHAE HAE AHEAEA EITS SNOWING AND EVERYONE SAW MY FACE AND THEY WERE LIKE OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOD WHATS UPPPPPP WITH HERRRRRRRRRRRR HAHAHA

SO

SO

THE INFORMATION IS

YOIU ENJOY SNOW?

REMOVE USELESS GENDER WOMAN

FUCKING HTAE WMOEN
>>
File: 1431483471453.jpg (52KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1431483471453.jpg
52KB, 500x471px
>uni has 2 bars across the street
>beer store 1 block away
>another in the opposite direction 2 blocks away
>gas station on the edge of campus has more beer than anything else stocked
>they're all cheap as fuck
I understand why so many people at my uni drink now, you're surrounded by that shit I'm gonna need a new liver before I get out of here
>>
>>34435171
I'M IN A FANCY FUCKING COLLEGE AND MY PARENTS SPENT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON PRIVATE EDUCATION TO GET ME HERE, I'M AN ELITE MEMEBER OF THE ELITE EDUCATED CLASS, I AM A REFINED ELITE INTELLECTUAL ATTENDING YALE UNIERSITY PRINCETON COLLEGE COLLEGIATE ASSOCIATION OF SMART RICH HIGH-CLASS UPPER CLASS RICH PEOPLE COLLEGE

*COUGHS UNCONRTOLLABLY WITHOUT COVERING MOUTH IN PUBLIC*

OH SHIT I HAVE TO COUGH, HERE IT COMES, HERE COMES A COUGH

*DOESN'T COVER MOUTH*

*COUGHS*

COUGH COUGH COUIGH REMEMBER I'M A RICH WELL-HEELED GUIY HERE TO GET MY UPPER CLASS SOCIALITE PLAUSIBILITY TRAINING

AS IM FUKC ING TYPING THIS THEY KEEP COUGHING

COVER YOUR MIUTHS

COVER YOUR RICH FUCKING MOUTHS YOU STUPID RICH FUCKING WELL-DRESSED COUGHERS!!! I HATE NORMIES!!! IF UCKIN ATHE NORMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1449692413414.gif (939KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
1449692413414.gif
939KB, 500x213px
>>34435211
>mfw I cough directly into a prole's mouth
>>
File: 1484183845796.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1484183845796.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
guys.. i'm so lonely. what's my place in the world. will things really get better?
sixth semester and i feel like i can't get into most of the material. i feel so dumb, even though i'm older. i'm anxious and depressed. i just don't know.
>>
>>34435248
REMOVE ALL PROLES, THE YOUTUBE COMMENT EQUIVALENT OF HUMAN BEINGS
>>
>>34435311
I was where you were just a few months ago.
I've decided to learn programming and make my own vidya.
It might fail, but at least I'll have delayed my suicide by a few years.

I can only recommend you find something that's fun to you too. And then think of a way to make a business out of it.
>>
File: 1471730944969.jpg (770KB, 2824x2721px) Image search: [Google]
1471730944969.jpg
770KB, 2824x2721px
>group project
>"okay whatever"
>you're supposed to choose your own group
>don't talk to anyone in class
>>
>>34435615
Just pair up with the asians and get an A without having to talk much
>>
>>34435608
yeah.. i want to be a folk singer guitar guy. i never wanted a career in academia.. i'm just there because i wanted to learn, i guess, and grow as a person just by having finished a degree. never done anything before. "delay suicide", i know that feel.
>>
>interviewing for grad programs
We're all gonna make it, good luck anons
>>
>>34435952
Then, fuck it, study enough to just get through and play the guitar and make a YT-channel or play in country bars.

A small chance at a non-shit life is still better than no chance at all.
>>
>>34433907
What's the assignment?

Origami
>>
>>34435615
"Ok just pick your partners, 4 to a group and no working alone"
>everyone is sitting to their bffs in groups of 4 while you are just now standing up
>>
>>34429314
>in med school
>started studying for residency
>see friends solving 500+ exercises a week
>can barely finish reading the subject and the week ends, don't have time to do many exercises
>want to kill myself if I study past 21 hours
>no gf to soften the pain, no motivation to study
>>
>>34436174
No fucking way I could handle med school. My memory is unbelievably awful. I think my brain may be deteriorating from being depressed for so long.
>>
>>34435615
>>34436159
I don't know why teachers do this. It's so cruel.
>>
>>34436207
Yeah with a shit memory you'd have a bad time. Med school doesn't have any hard concepts like engineering and the likes must have, but it has a big amount of content so you need a lot of motivation to keep a tight study schedule and a good memory always helps. Ultimately, though, any person can become a good doctor if they care about the job and keep an eye on new treatments/changes in diagnosis. Getting to know the basis of everything is the hard part.

But it's really hard to study if you don't have anyone supporting you on the long run, which counts for all the anons itt I guess.
>>
>>34436075
Well, I want to get what I can out of it; as I said I want to do this well but also learn how to be a person. I can barely get out of bed sometimes. I imagined playing anywhere that would have me. Y'know, schools, bars.. I think I can make something good. But who can say how it will be, or how it will seem in the future for me?

I think it's about being genuinely happy, or you get nothing. Being a better person for me is trying to just be okay with living. I already mentally faced the despairing road of empty mastery, and I couldn't even walk it because it was devoid of anything that could sustain me. I'm quite sure the answer is to become healthy, which is hard to do, but I think it's possible. Excruciating, really.

The question for me is, is it worth it? I'm 24/ Will life get good when I'm 30? That's a long time. I think about the gun almost every day man.
>>
>>34433653
Arkansas?
>>
>>34429998
Your political comments aside, I just got into pharm school with a 3.3 and a 95 pcat.
>>
Who Portsmouth uni here?
>>
File: 1482865546149.png (201KB, 399x428px) Image search: [Google]
1482865546149.png
201KB, 399x428px
>>34433448
>>tfw assignments are due and I have no idea how to do them
i kno that feel, had 2 last week that were supposed to be critical reviews of other works i "had done" and so had to write a crude 1500 word piece of nonsense about a piece of work that didn't exist
>>
>>34429560
If you're in Melbourne, Australia get ready for a shit ton of progressive BS organizations to be everywhere around your Uni.

Avoid interacting with socialist alternative or any of those groups, most people hate them and if you stop to talk to them for even a second you'll lose, the only way to win is to just avoid them. Everyone hates them.

Also avoid international students for group assessments but that should go without saying.
>>
>>34436430
>I think it's about being genuinely happy, or you get nothing

Yeah, exactly.
Honestly, if university just makes you want to lie in bed and stare at the ceiling (which is what it did for me), it's not going to end up making you a better person.
Try do something that you actually want to do, but don't stop university, just change priorities.

If you do something you want to do, even on the side, you'll be much more energetic and actually be able to get something out of uni that's not just an empty degree.
Being motivated comes before learning how to be a person.
>>
>>34437187
I can never get motivated, that's the problem...
>>
>tfw phone interview with a large defense contractor on Monday
>tfw going to be talking to an actual hiring manager and an engineer
Looks like I might make it, lads
>>
>>34437208
The start is hard, really hard, but if you manage to force yourself to just do something you like for a few consecutive days, motivation starts happening.

I know it's hard right now, but you're gonna make it through.
>>
help, how do i make smart CS friends in uni? i'm a brainlet with not much programming experience
>>
>>34437249
I always get depressed on campus because I see everyone else making friends and dating and shit.

Granted it's only the beginning of the term right now, but kills me deep inside.
>>
>>34437256
Go to your uni's anime club, that's how I met two people who work at Google and got six figure salaries right out of college.
>>
>>34437309
i don't even like anime though

i like kpop but all the CS autists seem to like gaymen and anime from what I hear around the building

i like smartphones if that counts
>>
>>34437326
why the fuck are you even on this site
>>
>tfw lonely
>turn away people when they do approach me
it's awkward this term because 2 guys that I brushed off last term are actually in my same major (CS)
>>
>>34437274
I'm really lucky in that I don't have to actually be on campus that often, except for exams.
Definitely know the feel though. Or when people go out of exams talking to all their friends about how it was and I'm just there all alone.
>>
>>34437360
4chan is more than just anime you know

>>>/mu/
>>>/g/
>>
>>34437383
haha yeah totally.

or when you're screwed for an exam, cramming last minute, and don't know how to do it

in my first year i had some friends to talk about exams with, but I screwed up so bad that I didn't even stay and just went straight home.
>>
>>34429314
>Dorming
Will you normies ever learn?
>>
>tfw see a smart looking guy sitting next to me
>hey, probably a fellow CS robot
>peek glances to see if i should say hi or not
>he seems mad
????????????
>>
>>34437474
not sure what you're trying to imply

if we were normies, we wouldn't have a problem living in dorms with roommates, RA's, etc
>>
I'm going back on monday and I'm wondering if I should bring one of my trenchcoats with me since I'm in MD. I have a wool and a leather one, I'd love to bring one, but I feel it wouldn't be all to practical. What do yall think?
>>
>>34437585
kek true

all the normies move out of dorms after first year, or even first term

only robots stay in the dorms because they have no friends.
>>
>>34437137
I go to uni in Melbourne, used to go to monash before i tranferred to a smaller place. Every single class there is an underlying progressive liberal agenda and its the same with every lecturer so much so that it just seems like an echochamber
>>
>>34437487
I'm in CS and I look mad all the time, even when I'm scarcely anything but relaxed and reserved. It's just my neutral expression.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's the same way.
>>
>tfw signed up for a 9am class instead of 12pm because the prof is "better", which doesn't matter if i'm barely staying awake
>tfw signed up for a 11am TR class instead of 12pm MWF class although the other class has my fellow high school friends, because the prof has "better" notes
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why do i always make such bad decisions
>>
>>34437721
yeah it's probably just a loner autist thing, but it scared me kinda

i definitely need to make more friends though
>>
>>34437722
Morning classes are objectively superior. Unless you scheduled classes for the morning AND afternoon, you made a good decision.

You can get your classes over with early and have the rest of the day to yourself.
>>
>>34437753
>You can get your classes over with early and have the rest of the day to yourself.
yeah that's true, but i just hate waking up early. and i end up doing nothing the rest of the day

i'm more of a night person, always end up doing assignments and studying overnight because that's when i have the best focus
>>
File: Yesmykhaleesi.jpg (15KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Yesmykhaleesi.jpg
15KB, 360x360px
All these morons going to uni, and if they live in USA they will have to even pay for it!

That's fucking insane, you are insane.
>>
>>34437753
>Unless you scheduled classes for the morning AND afternoon, you made a good decision.
MWF my classes start at 9am and end at 12pm.

TR is fucking brutal, it's back-to-back 11am to 3:30pm lol

probably should've switched one of the classes to MWF, that's where my high school friend is
>>
>>34437739
Honestly, people assuming that I'm mad because I see no purpose in forcing myself to smile every second of the day is one of the few things that makes me legitimately angry.
>>
Hey bots, I want to reach out to you guys for some advice. How in the flying fuck do you stay motivated and get shit done. i have like 10-15 big things i have to do next wednesday, I know i can do it but i just cant bring myself to do it. any help is much appreciated, thank you.
>>
>girl keeps peeking glances at me during class
>look back
>start feeling like a creep for looking back
>leave class depressed
happened twice today sheesh.. if i ever fell in love i don't think my heart could take it
>>
>>34437806
Sheer force of will gets the ball rolling. Once you pick up momentum, it gets easier. Also quit video games
>>
>>34437837
that's quite a good sign as far as i'm aware; everyone completely avoids eye contact with me and should i accidentally look at towards them they seem to get very uncomfortable
>>
>>34437837
>typically a fast walker, especially lately because it's cold and windy
>heading to class/dorm/whatever, could be any number of places because this shit happens all the time
>there's a girl ahead of me
>I'm outpacing her by a fair margin and close the gap between us until I'm only a few meters behind
>she's mindlessly walking in the middle of the fucking sidewalk
>don't want to reduce my speed
>don't want to maintain the closeness because it might look like I'm looking at her ass or being a creep/stalker, etc.
>can't pass without veering into the fucking grass

Fuck I HATE when girls do this shit.
>>
>>34437837
that's a good sign though

if you talked to her, you would've seen her flutter and eyes open really wide and shit
>>
>short haired, classes wearing qt with comfy sweater puppies smiles as me as I leave the stairwell
>think about her for the rest of the day
I just want this to end.
>>
>>34437806
It's not hard to get motivated if you're actually on top of your learning and know what you are doing.

I bet you would feel euphoric trying to do everything
>>
File: spepeghettii.jpg (93KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
spepeghettii.jpg
93KB, 600x590px
>qt 3.1415 hold the door open for me when i'm leaving block of flats for a smoke
>says "hello"
>i just stammer the word "alex"
alex isn't even my name
i don't even know an alex
>walk briskly away staring at the ground until i find a large bin to hide behind while i smoke
>>
>walking out of uni
>some girl waves hi
>I don't even know her
Wtf????
>>
File: walahi.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
walahi.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>34438162
>alex isn't even my name
>>
>>34437474
i had to learn the hard way
>>
>>34438162
>tfw you can literally feel your social competence diminish every day
I don't want to know what I'll be like in a year.
>>
File: 1410556061928.jpg (56KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
1410556061928.jpg
56KB, 354x354px
>>34438254
yeah it's torture being not alex
>was in a seminar discussion but had completely zoned out
>someone asks my opinion
>i'm so eager to be able to socialise i just say "yes"
>don't realise until a second later that i've just argued that i'd be completely comfortable if society was all nudists
>the girl sat next to me looks at me with pure disgust
i just shut up for the whole next hour and 20 minutes.
>>
>>34437986
>feeling depressed so i stare off into space while thinking about life
>girl sitting literally right next to me says "what's he looking at"
why can't people just talk to me? why wouldn't she address me with that question rather than some random person next to her? i feel like they think im autistic or something
>>
>>34429314

Dropped out of this semester and attending classes next semester. Winter session went by too fast (6 weeks) spring starts on Feb 6th, AMA.
>>
File: 1468788903589.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1468788903589.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>been sick all week
>can hardly walk or talk
>3 assignments due Monday
>plus 2 labs
>don't know the material because I haven't been to class all week

Kill me
>>
>>34430418
Exactly. Thanks for the reassurance.
>>
>>34435171
kek origigigigigigitgilmlml
>>
>>34434156
>they prefer to talk about it with their friends or online
Yeah but how do they make other weeb friends? I grew up in a tiny town so I've never even met another weeb/anime fan, and I'm apparently too autistic to maintain online friendships. I just want someone I can sperg out about anime and weeb games with.
>>
>>34437722
>can't even handle waking up at fucking 9 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you can't be fucking serious
>>
>>34438716
Not him but with as fucked up as my sleep schedule is noon is probably the best I could do, I tend to just stay awake until I pass out.
>>
File: 1485483515320.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1485483515320.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>month almost over
>still a beta cuck not hitting on sloots
>>
>>34438689
>Yeah but how do they make other weeb friends?
They just make friends and find out they're weebs
>>
Never, EVER make Stacy friends who have ADHD or anxiety

You would just feel dumb sitting next to them and trying to study or pay attention to the lecture

True story, I started getting a panic attack when I sat next to the Stacy. Fuck.
>>
>>34429621
idk about u but dressing really gross on purpose and broadcasting your personality really helps with confidence because you already know what everyone is thinking, youre gross and funny.
>>
>third week of class, past the add/drop deadline
>on academic probation but did even worse last term, on the verge of being required to withdraw
>no motivation because no friends to study with
>wake up feeling like shit, probably sleep apnea again
>beautiful, sunny day in winter
>this should make me feel happy, but instead makes me cry
>get nostalgic thoughts, start looking back at my whole life
>wonder why I'm still in first year classes with all these freshmen
>the older transfer students simply started skipping classes, probably for the same reasons. wanted to talk to them and befriend them but never see them anymore
>walk into class late, couldn't sit next to this older girl I talked to last class and gave my number. As I walk in, she looks back with disappointment
>see everyone socializing and having fun especially with the sunny weather
>keep having these thoughts in class and I had to leave because I was crying
FUCK I know I just have to talk to someone beside me to make friends, but I just can't
>>
>>34429621
Just get schizoid on it

I do my best on the presentation, and I impress everyone with my work. Nothing helps with anxiety more than having good confidence
>>
>>34438877
>They just make friends and find out they're weebs
I feel like that's still not right, I have friends that ended up at the same university from HS, that I still talk to/hang out with on occasion, but I feel like most weebs made weeb friends in HS then kept them through uni and just don't care to make anymore which would mean I'll always be the odd man out, which also explains everyone's unsociable tendencies.
>>
>>34429483
>at this point I'm basically paying to sit in my room and feel shit all day
lol, same. I tried to join a club but since I transfered in the spring everyone already knew each other. they ignored me and talk amongst themselves and ignored my existence for about an hour before I left. no one even noticed me.
>>
>>34437837
alright i just decided next time this happens im going to explain that me looking at them is reflexive and that im not a creep because this shit bothers me. maybe i'll turn a new leaf in social confidence if i do this
>>
File: 1481047475410.jpg (18KB, 386x214px) Image search: [Google]
1481047475410.jpg
18KB, 386x214px
Alright, threads like these scare me to hell because I've just started my first semester.
>>
File: 1482094070475.png (119KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482094070475.png
119KB, 1000x1000px
>be me
>living at my parents house
>NEET
>get angry about how empty my life is
>apply for jobs
>get rejected by all of them
>get depressed
>sick of living with my parents
>decide to apply to colleges
>get into one
>think it'll make my life better
>it doesn't
>people in my dorm party all day long
>I can't get to sleep till 2am every night
>tired every day
>hate all my classes
>can't understand math after 2 years of no doing it
>become even more depressed than when I was a NEET
>want to go home every day
>hate this fucking place
>want to die

don't fall for the Uni meme, just go to trade school.
>>
>>34439248
Well, if that's the case, try to take Japanese or something.

Also you're correct, they just stick with their HS friends. Otherwise normies are usually sociable enough that they'll find a weeb somehow. Only literal autists go to those clubs to discuss anime, lmao

Clubs are usually pretty unsociable because everyone has social anxiety
>>
they should ban 8 am classes
>>
File: 1484225816703.png (71KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484225816703.png
71KB, 261x192px
HOW DO U HIT ON A GRILL DURING CLASS CHANGES. TOO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE, I'LL FEEL EMBARASSED AS SHIT EVEN IF I TRIED. OUTSIDE IS KINDA EASY, BUT INSIDE EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU AND SEE YOU GET TURNED DOWN
>>
>>34439252
hey dude don't take it too personally.

to your surprise, normies actually aren't that social. they fear meeting new people as well. it's why they bring their friends to clubs or parties

you should try talking to them one on one, they're usually nice if you do that. it's no help if they're only talking amongst themselves, but that's just their way of coping with social anxiety
>>
>tfw starting calculus and its hard as fuck

i feel like a retard
>>
>>34439271
You looking back is not creepy at all

However she might've been staring at you because you seem like a creep
>>
File: 1477290218813.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1477290218813.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>>34439432
I have an 8 am class everyday of the week and the douchbags in my dormitory keep me up till 2 am everyday with their loud parties.
>>
>>34439382
damn dude, how about you just... make friends?
>>
>>34439432
>tfw in fourth term
>sick of 9am classes
>yet I still signed up for one this term because it has a "better" prof, but all the combined notes are actually online
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when will I ever learn
>>
>>34439508
I tried and failed. everyone here already knows each other from fucking highschool. how am I supposed to start conversations with them?
>>
Does anyone have sleep apnea here? I get enough sleep and feel good during weekends and breaks, but during the term I always feel tired and sleepy during the day.
>>
File: 1474835409838.jpg (34KB, 933x463px) Image search: [Google]
1474835409838.jpg
34KB, 933x463px
>go to college to learn IT because it's supposed to be a guaranteed job
>ace everything
>honor roll every term
>time for the work experience term
>blow every interview due to copious amounts of spaghetti falling from my pockets
>"sorry anon, guess you gotta do this make-up term instead"
>trying hard at school got me nothing
>guess I didn't try hard enough
>final term before graduation
>take an extra class than recommended because I feel I need to make up for my missing work experience on my resume
>now I'm failing everything because I don't have time to do all the homework
>hate pretty much all my classes anyway, the work no longer feels fulfilling
>i'm a fucking retard
>I just want this nightmare to end and go back to doing some shitty bluecollar work that at least feels rewarding and make some money instead of mooching off my parents for the last 2 years
>>
File: 1464918870397.jpg (45KB, 460x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464918870397.jpg
45KB, 460x400px
>>34439508
not that guy; but can confirm it's not that easy to make friends when you are an anxious autist. every conversation you even think about having is so over thought that when you actually get to the conversation you spurge out with autism.
>>
File: 605f1U9.jpg (41KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
605f1U9.jpg
41KB, 400x600px
>have crush on one of my suitemates
>he's currently playing the guitar in his room
why did I have to be gay
god must love cruel jokes
>>
>sitting in front row of class, tons of people behind me
>have laptop in front of me
>wake it up from sleep
>FULLSCREEN TODDLERCON PORN GIF IN MY FUCKING FACE FROM WHEN I WAS FAPPING LAST NIGHT
>slam my laptop shut because idk what else to do
>can feel everyone staring at me because of the loud noise
>literally just sit there for the entier class staring at my desk, tuned the entire lecture out

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>34439625
dude just drop the courseload
>>
>>34439625
im going into IT too

i believe in us anon
>>
>>34439647
can confirm i'm a pretty sexually odd person compared to "normality" ad this is why my laptop never leaves my privacy.
i feel for you friend
>>
File: Take a seat.png (85KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
Take a seat.png
85KB, 427x640px
>>34439647
you deserve it and I hope everyone saw
>>
File: 1479062215444.jpg (6KB, 206x210px) Image search: [Google]
1479062215444.jpg
6KB, 206x210px
>tfw I failed two out of three math exams last semester
>tfw when I cheated on the one I passed
>tfw when I will do no better this semester
>tfw I have not even been to a single lecture yet

Who else here is getting stupid drunk this weekend?
It's the only thing i'm good at.
I
>>
What the fuck am I doing. I'm 2 weeks in and missed 90% of my lectures because I can't wake up. It really hit home when that anon said he's basically paying to sit in his room. I just feel like this isn't me but I want this. I want a degree and I want to learn more about this subject but I have zero capacity or interest in other humans and would love it if I didn't have to be around them and witness their happiness.
>>
>>34439671
I can't decide which class to drop
>>
>>34439711
>I have zero capacity or interest in other humans and would love it if I didn't have to be around them and witness their happiness.
Man I literally had to go home after crying in the middle of the lecture because of this

Third week is usually when everyone knows each other now
>>
>>34429998
What school do you go to where you can get a 4.3? Cornell?
>>
In high school I was always the quiet, shy but intelligent type. I focused on my studies more than socialising and got good grades. Now that I'm in uni, I'm still the same quiet, shy guy except I can't seem to focus on my studies anymore and I'm becoming an idiot. What's the point being friendless and shy if I'm not a genius? All these years as a shut in is only worth it if I have knowledge and skills to show for it. Nope. Instead I just spend my time watching TV shows, movies and vidya to try to fill the gaping hole that lack of human connection as left me with.
>>
File: russell-coight.gif (1MB, 200x184px) Image search: [Google]
russell-coight.gif
1MB, 200x184px
>mfw my calc 3 professor is literally an irl aussie shitposter
>makes the same corny jokes every class
>jokes about the differences between australia and america
>>
>>34439790
>Now that I'm in uni, I'm still the same quiet, shy guy except I can't seem to focus on my studies anymore and I'm becoming an idiot.
That's why you need friends m8

All the normies help each other study, give answers, and even old exams
>>
>Junior year now
>A lot of my classes end up being with mostly just other people in my major now
>Everyone in my major already knows one another and sit and talk with each other
>Still sit by myself quietly before and after lecture
>>
>>34438716
>>can't even handle waking up at fucking 9 am
i don't live at a dorm m8

i have to wake up at 7am to shower and get ready
>>
File: 1482595303562.jpg (13KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482595303562.jpg
13KB, 300x360px
>>34439946
>I don't even live in the city
>have to wake up at 6 am
>36 minutes away
>>
File: pestered pepe.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pestered pepe.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>34439946
back when i had 8ams i woke up at 6:30
>>
File: 1485129568190.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485129568190.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>shitty uni job payday was today
>no classes tomorrow so spent it getting absolutely hammered
>just woke up
>only thing I remember was giving a cig to the lady down the street
>wife of local mexican drug dealer
>just said yeah/uh-huh while she rambled in spanish and cried
So /r9k/ realistically how likely am I to get killed by the cartel tomorrow on the way to class or fucked by a mexican milf
>>
>>34439946
>>34439995
know that feel, normally have to wake up at 6:30 to catch the bus at 7:15 to get to my 8am on friday, and that's if i don't shower or anything
>>
>tfw like seeing people end up alone and depressed
thing is that i could easily befriend them, but instead i just act condescending towards them. wtf.

even when they try to make small talk with me i just brush them off
>>
>failing exams

Does anyone seriously do this?

kys
>>
>>34440015
>>34440000
>>34439995
yeah it's only 40 minutes away, but i usually try to shower in the morning because it's fresher

i should just shower in the evening now because that's better to sleep as well
>>
i should probably know this stuff already but can anyone help me define whether something is a primary source or secondary?

I'm doing a paper on Brian Mulroney, a Canadian prime minister. One source was written during his tenure while the other is evaluating an event 6 years after it happened.

The one written during his tenure is primary and the one written in retrospect is secondary, right?
>>
>>34440143
yes;
in most basic sense a primary is contemporary and a secondary is not
>>
>>34440143

I think that's right...seems right to me.
>>
>finally decide to sit next to this fellow robot in class and befriend him
>he started skipping because he couldn't handle the depression
>>
>>34438512
that pepe made my sad desu
>>
>have job fair and hackathon during first weeks of quarter
>fall behind deeply in one class
>ultimately decide to drop it and screw myself over in the future

I feel so relieved now
>>
>qt starts sitting next to me in lecture and talking to me
>This lasts a couple of weeks
>Professor calls me out to answer question
>Sperg out trying to answer it
>qt doesn't sit next to me anymore
>>
>qt girl in chem lab talked to me
I'm going to fuck it up lads
>>
>>34439647
holy HELL
ANON

SERIOUSLY
>>
>>34440566
talking to me
>>34440588
>talked to me

Why are you not so hideously repulsive in both manner and image that people avoid you?
It helps alot in the long run because you never get your hopes up about life
>>
>>34440626
If the conversation lasts for more than a minute they realize I'm a stammering autist, killing any little hope I had. Life is suffering
>>
>>34430026
No. How about you kill yourself instead famalamabroski?
>>
>failed last term
>o-ok sure, i'll just retake 3 failed courses and 2 new courses, that'll help my GPA
>full courseload
>tfw I'm already overwhelmed with the workload
they usually recommend 3 or 4 courses for students having trouble
>>
>>34439647
>toddlercon

you deserve it you absolute fucking degenerate
>>
School starts on the 30th for me. Last semester and I'll have my BS at 27. Good luck lads.
>>
>>34439432
>>34439500
>>34439533
I'm a senior and literally every day I have at least two classes starting at 8 or 9 AM, M-F. The normies do this shit on purpose.
>>
>>34436174
Students are just cheating. In the middle of an EE midterm, the GRADUATE students were cheating. We told the professor and ethics committee and they do literally fucking nothing.
>>
>>34429314
A few semesters from graduation and I don't want to do anything. I don't want to be there anymore and I don't have the motivation to go on.

It's not laziness. It's just that shit's getting too real for me and I'd rather be dead. I don't want to progress, just die.
>>
File: 07ypwFg.png (18KB, 424x426px) Image search: [Google]
07ypwFg.png
18KB, 424x426px
>roommate has 8 am classes every day
>we're bunked
>he also doesn't know how to be quiet in the morning
>tfw I'm woken up every morning by him and can't go to sleep at a reasonable time because half my hall ignores the quiet hours
>>
>Graduated CC with a Comp Sci associates with a 2.3
>Had to transfer to one of the worst colleges in the state, meme tier party school.
>99.9999% of people here are normies
>Not a single dateable looking girl in sight, all basic bitch ugg wearing normies
>Go to the University club page, desperate to find anything non normie
>Find anime club, go to meeting place, room is shut down for construction and nobody is there
>Last posted 3 months ago
>Already 23 and I have to spend at least one year here to raise my GPA enough to transfer the fuck out

HELP ME. AHGAHAGAHDSH

DON'T FALL FOR THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE MEME. JUST GO TO A REGULAR UNIVERSITY WITH YOUR STELLAR SAT AND MEDIOCRE GPA.
>>
File: 1451507305525.png (180KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1451507305525.png
180KB, 633x758px
>>34440963
>tfw don't want to live but don't want to die either
>tfw just want to quit existing
>>
File: 1480385613086.jpg (1MB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1480385613086.jpg
1MB, 4500x4334px
>>34441048
>DON'T FALL FOR THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE MEME. JUST GO TO A REGULAR UNIVERSITY WITH YOUR STELLAR SAT AND MEDIOCRE GPA.
>mfw I did exactly this
hehehe
>>
>>34441048
>2.3
tfw to smart to succeed at cc
>>
>>34441246
Yeah I was depressed, skipped classes, had to repeat classes, failed shit ton of math classes lol. Don't go to college depressed or you will fuck your shit up.
>>
>tfw trying to convince yourself to not skip class this semester

I always tell myself this but I always forget after the first two weeks and sleep in. But I really need to get my shit together since I got a D in a class I never went to last semester and it absolutely fucked my GPA
>>
How do you guys even meet girls at college? I have no friends and I never really hang out with my roommates. I'm a junior and still a virgin in what I was told would be "the best years of my life".
>>
File: 1482280261430.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
1482280261430.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>3 weeks into my art history class
>notice a girl classmate rides the transit with me
>saw her walk through downtown like me before
>decide to talk to her
>her voice is raspy and kind of shaky like she's nervous
>notice she's walking diagonally by me instead of by my side
>continue the conversation about college and moving here
>arrive at my apartment street
>tell her this is where i live
>she waves at me and says goodbye
>mfw she was literally two feet from me and decided to wave goodbye

She sat by me one time and she was only wearing a t shirt without a bra. Her tits were big and hanging through her shirt. Her hair is short and kind of curly, a grey color. She's pale and kind of lanky. Wears flower skirts with t shirts. She wears mom jeans. I googled her email address and got linked a bunch of anime and her drawings about jimmy universe or something.

You think she's autistic? What should I do?
>>
>>34440861
Is this actually the case?

Last term there was a midterm where I kept hearing students talk during the exam, and it was probably cheating

There are also plenty of final exams where the prof lets you go in with a phone to the bathroom
>>
>>34441271
Anyone here know how to tell the difference between depression and ADHD?

I usually study fine if I'm doing it together with a friend
>>
>tfw you've finally realized that you've made a terrible mistake and must come to terms with the fact that you'll never have a decent job for as long as you live

Who /historymajor/ here?
>>
>>34441451
Honestly, just go on tinder

Or you could try volunteering, girls really want to improve their resume
>>
>qt girl sits next to me
>glancing at my face so she's probably interested
>she decides to just go on her phone
>can't even try to say hi
>>
>>34441678
Have you tried getting matches (and responses to your messages) on Tinder as an average-looking male? You have to be Chad for that shit

Also all of the clubs at my school are either shit or conflict with my work schedule. The only one that I might be interested is the Anime Club and that's probably filled with the most degenerate of spergs
>>
>>34441897
I don't have tinder so I actually don't know.

Yeah clubs are usually pretty bad. Volunteering is better if it fits into your time and location.

You're right, anime club is filled with fucking degenerate spergs
>>
>>34429574
Honestly just don't worry about it. Nobody really pays attention to anyone else, so don't worry about doing things with other people in the room. Have you dormed before?
>>
>tfw you transferred last year (was a sophomore then, now a junior) and still haven't made any friends or talked to any girls

I'm fucked, aren't I? I wish I wasn't poor and had to go to community college, I feel like I missed the whole experience of being a freshman and being amongst thousands of insecure 18-year olds in a new experience who are eager to find friends. At this point everyone has formed their own groups of friends and have closed off to the outside
>>
>>34442381
>I feel like I missed the whole experience of being a freshman and being amongst thousands of insecure 18-year olds in a new experience who are eager to find friends.
You honestly haven't missed much
>>
>tfw too depressed to try to fap
>>
>>34442411
I guess you're right, but I still feel like I would have at least had a better shot at making even a few friends
>>
>>34429314
Starting a new degree this semester. Really don't want to. Doing it for my mum. Tfw I have a 90% chance of failing again
>>
>>34442428
I've had this problem. even when I did want to, I couldn't since my roommate was always coming into the room with his friends.
>>
>>34429461
>22 hours.
What have I done...
>>
>>34442428
>tfw it's cold in your room and your balls are all shriveled up so you couldn't really even fap if you tried
>>
File: 1484198468352.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484198468352.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>transfer in mid year
>don't know anyone
>join a club
>everyone in club already knows each other
>mfw
>>
>>34442509
F

I could barely handle 15 last semester, I have no idea how I'm going to survive 17 this semester
>>
>>34437710
What are you studying?
I am doing engineering at monash an I'm getting none of that
>>
>>34439647
You nwws better yourself by stopping that, it will only help to ruin your mind by making you numb to all other forms of desire till you can only fixate on little kids. Just fap with your hands in the shower or something, otherwise you'll fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1481435957869.jpg (57KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481435957869.jpg
57KB, 1024x1024px
group work in college is the dumbest shit ever. I got put in a group full of ugly retards and haven't gotten any work done since. just let me fucking work alone damn it, this is stupid!!
>>
>>34442099
I havent no.
Thankfully the rooms are seperate, its just the kitchen bathroom etc thats shared
>>
>>34442443
Nah that's just a fantasy m8
>>
How do you even meet girls in college? i feel like this shit is impossible
>>
>>34429314
This is by far the most academically rigorous semester I've had so far, so I pretty much have time for nothing but homework.

I've joined like three clubs and am finally after three years of isolation starting to make friends because everybody is trying to network for post-graduation. I'm going into Accounting so there's a lot of pressure on others for internships but I'm not planning to go into public accounting so I am just going to do one in the summer.

Unfortunately my financial aid got severely cut this semester and I am 2400 dollars in debt. I had to take back my old job but I still won't have enough money by the deadline. My parents are planning to help but quite honestly I probably will either have to take out a loan or get a credit card
>>
Anyone have experience making female friends in CS? Not the Stacy types, but the clueless Chinese international students in business types. I feel like those angry Chinese guys might retaliate at me
>>
>>34442693
>being afraid of Chinamen
just step on them fampai

Though those Chinese girls are notoriously frigid and always travel in packs, good luck with that shit
>>
>>34441521
be nice to her anon! be a friend. she's probably lonely.
>>
>>34442749
>Though those Chinese girls are notoriously frigid and always travel in packs, good luck with that shit
I know, but there's always a loner

Will those chinamen step on me in senior CS courses for example? I'm Korean so it's awkward for me in CS. Most people seem to be Chinese
>>
>>34441521
well she's defiantly a feminist, and since your on r9k I assume that's a turn off.
>>
>>34442874
Make an alliance with some Japanese robots, they hate the Chinese
>>
>>34442677
this, how am I supposed to initiate conversation when I don't know anyone? and further more, almost everyone has lost their virginity already, how am I supposed to explain that I'm a virgin without being labeled a loser and laughed at.
>>
>>34442935
No Japanese here

It's literally either white or Chinese man.

There are like one or two Koreans but idk

Nothing wrong with chinamen but I know how they can get
>>
>>34442874
Aren't Koreans usually much taller than Chinese on average? South Koreans, at least
>>
>>34429560
me too, which uni?
>>
>>34442954
I'm not sure, but it's probably true
>>
>>34442940
It really does seem like we're doomed to graduate as virgins. I fucking hate college, this was supposed to be fun
>>
>>34443124
this. I fucking hate this place. Even being a wageslave at some boring telemarketing company would be better than this shit.
>>
>>34433495
every line of this post is exactly like my life except for the last one
>>
>RA
>forced to do "programs"
>nobody ever comes to programs
>literally 0 people came to my first program when I worked my ass off to make it happen
>stop doing anything, lie about having done programs, get people to vouch for me
>recieve paycheck

fuck this school
fuck this 'job'
the only reason I took it was to GUARANTEE that I could have a single room and not pay extra, I can't stand having a roommate

no respect
low pay
too many responsibilities
retarded bosses
retarded other RAs
I'm probably the only person in the entire residence life staff who has even contemplated suicide, bunch of fucking normalfags
>>
>first week of the semester
>new roommate is excited to meet me and party together
>five days later
>completely ignores me after he realizes that I'm a complete piece of shit loser who has no friends

Sorry dude
>>
fuck everybody in this fucking place. I hate everything about this place.

Fucking why do I have to have a fucking meal plan damn it? why can't I just spend the money I'd pay these fuckes to buy my own groceries instead of disgusting cafeteria food everyday.
>>
File: 1482881323128.jpg (35KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482881323128.jpg
35KB, 300x360px
>>34443457
same. I hate having a roommates. I hate living away from home. I hate going to college. I want to go back home where I have my own room. I just want to fucking drop out. I hate being an adult so damn much.
>>
>>34443459
>gained 25 pounds my first year after being stuck on a meal plan and eating greasy dining hall food
>next year drop it all and some more after living off of a diet of Ramen noodles and easy mac

wew lad, fuck meal plans
>>
>>34443513
this, meal plans lower your health by forcing you to eat nothing but greasy slop and only end up costing you more in the long run. plus, they're yet another way in which colleges pamper adult as if they were children.
>>
File: 1477118263986.png (207KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
1477118263986.png
207KB, 480x468px
>>34443513
>dorm came with a stove and oven to cook your own food
>had to buy meal plan to get into dorm
lol what?
>>
>>34443055
unimelb
>>
>>34443697
lol same, degree?
>>
>>34443850
BSci
>>
>>34443997
oh im doing arts lol, enjoy your useful degree
>>
>>34444011
haha, thanks. maybe we'll see each other on campus or on these threads from time to time.
>>
Is joining a club useful for meeting friends/qts or is it just a waste of time?
>>
>>34444038
did you go to a grammar school?
>>
>>34444106
if you can't already make friends outside the club don't bother. you'll just end up feeling worse about yourself.
>>
>>34444225
yes, i did. why do you ask?

original blox xx sxxblxobxx
>>
Making friends isn't that great, guys. I've never had a problem finding friends in my life despite being pretty socially awkward. I've gotten sick of every friend I've ever made. When I finally made some friends at uni after having no friends for the first month it was cool I guess. But that only lasted for a couple months. I've lost some of them conpletely and the ones I'm still friends with I realized I don't like that much. Don't like any of my friends from high school anymore either.

What I'm saying is I'm pretty sure most of you without friends would be in the same boat as me if you had friends so it's not like it really matters. Human beings crave human interaction but that's nothing more than an instinct you are best off ignoring. There's no real value to be had in interacting with any of the people I've ever become close with.
>>
>>34444353
just wondering, i did too. could know each other. kew area?
>>
>>34444378
sorry, i dont know what the kew area is. im from brisbane.
>>
>>34429560
>>34443055

I'm going into second year commerce at unimelb, ask me anything lads
>>
>>34444421
is it worth going on the O-camps if i cant be bothered at all
>>
Who here /Community College Underachiever/?
I really need to hurry and just go to Uni, but I'm so afraid of debt and not fitting in. I just got done doing an assignment for one of my classes, which was posting something on a discussion board, and reading classmate responses I just can't help but think "Mine is so much better than everyone elses', why am I wasting my time?"
Am I just a narcissist or is CC this fucking casual?
>>
>>34444421
how do i make friends? whats uni like? how do i ensure i get good marks? is joining clubs worth it? are breadth subjects included when calculating your gpa (or wma or whatever they call it)?

ive probably got more questions but cant think of them off the top of my head
>>
>>34437326
>i don't even like anime though
Then start liking it, there's an anime for everyone. What you are saying is equivalent to not liking books or movies.
>>
>>34444421
what major and do you know how to get internships/have luck applying for grad programs? I'm 3rd yr econ student (applying for roles outside Australia though)

>>34444474
They're a bit normie and most people just sign up to a bunch of stuff that they never go to, honestly the biggest thing which is overlooked is making sure you attend the lectures and tutorials, especially the ones during the first few weeks where you can really make friends with other students you'll actually be seeing - not randoms doing different degrees
>>
>>34444507
yeah thats what i was thinking. my mates dad is a lecturer at unimelb, says all top achievers go to all lectures. any random advice anyway?
>>
File: sigh.jpg (28KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
28KB, 380x250px
>group assignments/projects
>in fucking college
Unless you're taking some meme shit like speech or foreign language, groupwork should be banned
>>
>>34444474
I didn't go because I had a gf at the time and a few friends, didn't really feel the need. But I went to a high performing high school that had loads of kids in my course, so I didn't need to make friends.

However if you don't really know anyone then yeah I'd go, heard it was pretty fun.

>>34444503
> how do i make friends?
really fucking hard desu
unless you're an actively social person, you really have to put yourself out there. Tutorials and lectures are a decent place. Just sit next to someone in the first few weeks and say hey hows it going, what are you studying etc, they're just as eager to make friends as you are.
> whats uni like?
really laid back compared to high school, but really difficult at the same time. You'll know what I mean when you get there.
> how do i ensure i get good marks?
Try to ace assignments and the "free marks" of the course grading scheme, that way you don't have to perform that well on the exam to get a good grade
> is joining clubs worth it?
idk never joined any
> are breadth subjects included when calculating your gpa (or wma or whatever they call it)?
yes to both
>>34444507
Finance/economics, then doing masters of mechanical eng

haven't really looked at internships desu, just fucked around most of first year doing drugs with my mates

>>34444534
oh shit who is he and what does he lecture?
>>
>>34444534
The first few weeks of lectures and tutorials are really the best time to make new friends, especially since if you have similar interests you'll be doing the same electives and stuff and be running into the same people over the course of a 3 yr or 4 yr degree.

Avoiding international students for group work but that should go without saying

Not buying/eating anything on the Uni campus because its all over priced shit for rich international students who are milked for it

Never plagiarize anything and if you do then pay someone one Fiverr or in real life to do it and not one of the shitty Uni essay plagiarism sites advertised in the toilets or on street poles because they're all compromised and it's just not worth it. I know a guy in his 3rd year who got caught and they just kicked him out kek
>>
>>34444577
> Not buying/eating anything on the Uni campus because its all over priced shit for rich international students who are milked for it

There's a cheap Japanese resteraunt underneath Union house, but yeah besides that it's all overpriced garbage
>>
>>34444565
thanks a lot for the help. when you say sit next to someone, do you mean just on campus or in a lecture? also, since breadth subjects count towards your gpa, would it be best to just do easy breadth subjects that you can easily get a good mark in? if so, do you know any you could recommend? thanks
>>
>stay up all night to study
>do nothing instead
>I do this about once a week and I haven't learned my lesson
Why am I like this?
>>
>>34444644
probably a bit weird if you sit next to someone random on a bench or something, but yeah in a lecture or a tutorial table just sit down and start chatting.

I'm doing a specific breadth sequence, so I can't do easy ones. Up to you if you want to do easy WAM boost ones, there's a couple like glee singing, African drumming.
>>
>>34444565
Peter Kitchener, neuroscience i believe
>>
>>34444106
It honestly depends. Go to the first meeting and you'll usually figure out if you want to stay or not.

I'll say it's a good way to connect with potential qts and friends, but that's mostly in first year where everyone is general enough. But if you're in something like CS, I bet you'd find people in anime club or something
>>
>>34444375
I don't even need true "friends" to socialize with

All I want are classmates who can actually study with me, that's what I need
>>
>>34444486
dude you should know community college is pretty much for ESL or high school dropouts
>>
>>34444505
I like American cartoons like cartoon network shit, but not anime. just too much for me
>>
>>34444577
>>34444507
>first few weeks
AHHHHHHHHHH I'VE MISSED MY TIME AGAIN FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There are actually a couple of people I know from high school or last term, but I've ignored them so it's really awkward now
>>
>>34444886
You can think of anime like American cartoons except with more artistic freedom and a wider range of genres covered.
>>
AHHHHHHHHHH

LAST FALL TERM WAS A TIME FOR ME TO START AGAIN BUT I MISSED MY CHANCES WITH QT GIRLS

THIS TERM IT'S 3 WEEKS INTO IT AND I MISSED MY CHANCE AGAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKKKK
>>
>>34444911
well I've liked doraemon but I think it is considered pleb

I guess I'm a failed cyborg or something. Can't fit in with these robots either because I'm not into their hobbies
>>
Clubs and volunteering are honestly a great way to meet people.

You will meet at least one or two people who are in your major and in your classes
>>
>2am
>can't sleep
>have to wake up by 8am for my 9am lecture
MAN THIS IS WHY I FUCKING HATE COFFEE FUCK FUCK

I NEED TO FUCKING SLEEEEEEEEEP

SLEEP APNEA
>>
>tfw my university has a Yik Yak clone app called Chillabit
>no one uses Yik Yak and everyone uses Chillabit
>I got permanently banned for having a fake account linked to my university email, "cyber bullying" some slut, and "off-vibe" posts
>try to email them and they won't unban me
Welp that was my only source of information, a constant feed where my university students are active.

Now I feel lonely as fuck
>>
>>34444965
What's even so bad about this? Can you not take naps in the day either? I stay up until 3 am every night but I sleep enough on the weekends and some days of the week that I'm never really that tired.
>>
>>34444990
I also have sleep apnea
>>
>Work 3 times a week
>Full time student majoring in Information System
>Make Dean's List because I spent every hour of my free time in the library

It's not that fucking hard.
>>
>>34445047

Happy for you, school doesn't interest everybody, it is what it is, it bores me, I lose my attention easily and I just don't like it, to each their own
>>
>>34445047
PLS tell me how to make deans list. i need it cos im trying for harvard after my undergrad
>>
Do university doctors sexually assault students?

I was in the university health clinic to get some acid reflux pills.

This mid-20s pajeet doctor came in, she was unusually thorough with her diagnosis. I'm in Canada so usually doctors just hear the symptoms, prescribe something and get out of there

She got me laid on the bed and started feeling my upper body for some reason, wtf

I was anxious and getting heart palpitations, but she thought I was getting heart murmur

Worst of all she just told me to go to my usual family doctor... Asked me why I'm here if I'm a resident, as if the clinic is only reserved for international students and migrants
>>
>>34445075
>>Make Dean's List because I spent every hour of my free time in the library

/no friends
>>
Staying motivated to study is really hard if you feel deprived

Like I would need at least one qt girl to be messaging me, I actually went on tinder for girls like that

I try to study alone in the library and I just get really bored and alone because it's quiet

I try to study with the normies and it makes me sad and stressed because they're so loud

I try to study at home and I'm just too tired, wanting to shitpost more
>>
>>34445075
>>34445094

Also, one of my main motivation is to do better than my dad and siblings who look down on me for getting into a shitty State University.
>>
>>34445094
but what if i have friends?
did you attend all lectures/tutorials, make notes in certain ways etc
>>
>>34445094
lol you're kidding, you can't get through studying with no friends m8
>>
>>34445115
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH hang on you made deans list at a crappy university?
I'm going for deans list at the best uni in my country, so getting in the top 3% is far harder for me than it is for you.
Congrats either way
>>
>>34445115
Man that must be motivating, really
>>
>studying a subject at another university
>their student portal is absolute ass
>they do timetabling based on preferences
I'm regretting this decision a little.
>>
>>34445116
Yes

Not the note taking type. I go through the weekly required readings and power point at least three times a week until I'm familiarized with the sections.
>>
>>34445109
>I would need at least one qt girl to be messaging me
>tfw they don't reply
Girls just don't reply to the shit you say unless you've already convinced them that they can't live without you. Even the ones that end up fugging you never really reply.
>>
>>34445245
Some girls are still lonely
>>
>>34445072
>>34445075
>>34445116

Also, been reading a lot of books regarding stoicism and has helped with a lot with my mindset and how I handle all of the challenges life throws at me.
>>
Two of my 3 electives have bern cancelled. One cause not enough people, one cause too much.
>>
File: 4234234412.jpg (318KB, 1102x967px) Image search: [Google]
4234234412.jpg
318KB, 1102x967px
>sleeping schedule completely wrecked
>going to sleep at 6am waking up at 5pm
>procrastination level at 100%
>final year deadlines creeping in
>>
>Submitting hard copy of coursework a few minutes late
>Guy lets me put it in the box anyway because I say the printers weren't working properly anywhere
>"This time I'm giving you a chance but next time you'll have to submit on time"
>Today, submitting coursework late again
>The stickers you put on your coursework with a code and your name are gone
>Another guy comes in, different from the guy who let me submit late the first time
>Ask him where they are
>"We took them in because it's past the deadline"
>Tell him about muh printers and living outside the city
>"This time I'm giving you a chance but next time you'll have to submit on time"

Honestly the printers are bullshit
>>
File: 1483477916148.jpg (17KB, 590x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483477916148.jpg
17KB, 590x300px
>exams are over
>can't get comfy in the few days I have before lectures start because I'm paranoid I failed them
>>
>>34443513
This, my meal plan here cost almost 2k per semester and i could have groceries cost half of that if i budgeted and ate less.
>>
First semester computer science. Math reminded me of my old math teacher and I just couldn't do it. the rest isn't nearly as interesting as I thought it was.
I hope that's not only purely due to depression...donna get meds for that soon.

What should I change to? Thought about Psychology it's very epensive, long and you can't describe meds or anything. PolSci seems useless and most propably boring...
Some ideas what could be interesting? Did a chemistry focused HS (i am german) don't like it too much
>>
File: 1484988057040.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1484988057040.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
>turned 18 in November
>mom immediately wants me to get a job and pay rent all of a sudden
>we arent even poor
>she hasnt worked in over 20 years

What the hell i hate my boomer mom now
>>
>>34449395
maybe university isnt for you. thats ok too, you know.
>>
>tfw having a hard time this term
>retaking 3 courses and taking 2 courses
>can't get the courage to talk to people beside me in classes
>everyone already made friends
>my sleep schedule is fucked and I keep skipping classes
>had to come home crying yesterday because the tfw no friends, tfw no gf feels hit way too hard
>>
>>34449589
What else would I do though?
>>
looking back, i failed 6 exams in my 4 1/2 years for my bachelor's degree. By now I passed all of the exams (some on third try) and I'm going to graduate in exactly two months from now. I doubted that I would find a job, given that I'm 30 years old already, so I'm in for 2 more years in a Master's programme.

Well, I should have stayed NEET.
>>
>>34449688
if youre young many countries offer work preparation courses where you can try a little of everything to find your strengths.
otherwise it depends on how much financial reserves you have. either try other educations such as a trade, look for jobs you think might not make you feel suicidal every day (that is if you know that much about yourself already) or if youre hard pressed look for any job to win time.
i would saywork and travel but i know you guys arent the type for that. its one of the best way to find out what you want in life, what youre good at.
>>
>>34429787
>How does one not make a single friend?
fucking depression.
>>
>>34433080
Is the angry robot from your class by any chance bald?
>>
>>34449747
Yeah it happened to me this term. The failures keep adding up as a second year who's still retaking first year courses

Said hi to some girl sitting next to me, she told me to leave first and I didn't even get her number

This girl from high school looks around lonely and tries to say hi to me, but I ignore

Try to say hi to some cute girl sitting next to me, but she pulls out her phone and earphones as she sits down. Pulls out her earphones as I try to say hi.

There's this transfer student I know from high school, he came late into class and eats lunch. I bet he's in the same place as me but I didn't say hi and I've ignored him last term

Try to say hi to some fellow CS robot looking guy, but the word doesn't come out and he seems mad

This girl says hi to me, but she's a third year sociology major in a stats class. She's literally looking for a CS robot to basically be her free tutor, I saw she's done it to other guys before. I give her my phone number and she doesn't even text. I came late the next class, had to sit some rows behind her. she looks back with disappointment. When the lecture ends she doesn't leave until I leave . did she think I'm some creep? I can't believe I let a Stacy ruin my mood again.

Then this guy from a stats group assignment keeps looking at me but doesn't say hi because we're both autist
>>
>>34449843
nah he's a nice Asian dude from my high school, I bet he just seems mad because I glanced at him like something might be wrong

I should've just talked, but you know, autism
>>
>>34439902
This feel so much, Junior as well
>>
>>34439902
me too except I'm in first year classes where all the normies bounded together from last term
>>
>>34429940
Same for me too.
fucking origional
>>
>>34429940
you have to try man, no one is gonna try hard unless they think they need you for connections
>>
>>34439470
I can understand getting lazy and not wanting to go to class one day but why the hell would you skip for weeks. If you're that depressed it's time to withdraw
>>
>>34450517
I'm skipping like one day per week right now, is that bad?
>>
>>34439790
Same as me desu, I dropped out of my accomodation and I'm commuting instead, it's easier to study since I go to all my lectures and in the gaps I study in the library.

Try staying on campus and studying in the library, I could not focus in my flat since i shared bathroom and kitchen, I couldn't even eat food or go to the bathroom unless nobody was there.

I also lack human connection, I am alone all the time and have no friends, I even eat my lunch alone on a bench in the freezing cold while happy normies walk past with their friends. My anger and resentment towards the world is what motivates me to study, I hate everyone and studying distracts me from my thoughts, I study because it allows me to take my mind away from the suffering that is my existence, without studying my thoughts would surely consume me.
>>
>>34450306
>>34450386
I did try and make conversation but they just said a few words and went back to their original friends like they didn't even want to talk to me. It's fine if you have other people with you but going there alone just makes you look creepy
>>
File: 1480836307932.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1480836307932.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
>>34444564
>tfw no group so have to join random already formed group of 3 friends
>>
File: 1481076801073.png (193KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1481076801073.png
193KB, 420x420px
>back to being too scared to speak up in tutorial
>mfw automatic 10% of the grade is gone because i dont want to embarrass myself

cue the "what are you afraid of?" posts
>>
>>34450775
Yeah I know how that is, but you just need to learn how to fit in

Especially if you're in first year, it might be easy to find others who are actually in one of your classes
Thread posts: 374
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.