[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a gun

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: thefeels.jpg (429KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
thefeels.jpg
429KB, 800x609px
I've been doing some research online lately for getting a gun to finally commit Sudoku. I live in Texas so I would imagine it's relatively easy to get a handgun. I found a gun store near me, but even after looking online for a while, there's still a bit of ambiguity to what the process will be like.

Am I going to be able to walk in, choose a gun, go through the "background check" and leave? Or is gonna be a convoluted, bureaucratic pain in the ass? Do I need a license if I'm just gonna keep the gun at home? I've been "voluntarily" checked into psych wards of hospitals a few times over the past five years, would that be considered "confined to a mental institution" and disqualify me from buying a gun?

So far, I'm thinking a 45 ACP hollowpoint bullet to my head will be my plan if this works out. Would anyone suggest something else? Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>>34391369
dont you know some niggers or spics to get a gun from?

guns laws everywhere are so shitty that those are the only people who can get guns no problem.
>>
>>34391369

>>>/k/

GO, OP, fast.
/r9k/ isnt useful.
>>
In Wisconsin you just go in and pick your gun. Then they look up your shit for like 20 minutes and have you sign some shit. Pretty easy.
>>
File: 1485103429195.jpg (343KB, 2000x1000px)
1485103429195.jpg
343KB, 2000x1000px
>>34391369
>45 ACP
you sure need all that stopping power for your own head because it is thick as fuck if you think you can get a gun after going to a psych ward.
>>
>>34391369
>Texas

Walk in, fill out a form, wait a few minutes, walk out with new gat
>>
>>34391369

Texas is just as lax in regards to gun laws as Georgia. Get a .44 magnum or a a .45 long colt. Be sure to get soft-point ammo. It breaks apart in the body and causes more bleeding and destruction. Aim at the side of the head through the brain. No mouth or under the chin shit you see on TV. Study a little anatomy prior so you actually know where you brain is.

Now, there are background checks. Not sure if voluntary visits to the psych ward will show up. Just try to get it and if you can't get someone to buy it for you. I am only telling you this so you don't become a brain-dead retard. Consider what might make you happy in life and if you really want to kill yourself. Think about it for a week then commit the act. Best of luck.
>>
>>34391463
if youve been hospitalzied for depression or suicide attempts, does that show up on your record and disqualify you from buying a gun?
>>
File: 1475005495373.jpg (53KB, 358x317px)
1475005495373.jpg
53KB, 358x317px
>>34391508
This, or go to a gun show. I walked out with a cz75 in a couple minutes here in AZ.
>>
>>34391508
Sorry, I should also add that you need a form of photo ID (passport, drivers license)

Also, don't kill yourself please. Take your new gat to the range and find out just how fun shooting is.
>>
>>34391369
Nigger, you're in Texas
If you can sign your name and aren't brown you can get a gun in minutes. Pistols still have a waiting period, so spring for a 12 gauge shotgun. I recommend using buckshot.
>>
>>34391369
Buy an .500 s&w
>>
>>34391551
Yes absolutely. I guess if you don't care what your head looks like after you shoot yourself just get a 12 gauge. That's gonna kill you for sure.
>>
>>34391551
Okay it might disqualify you but I guess it depnds on the state and the firearm.
>>
From what I've been reading so far for Texas, being INVOLUNTARILY committed to a "mental institution" or having a diagnosis for a mental illness only prevents you from getting a concealed carry license. I'm still trying to figure out the specifics for just a purchase of a firearm.
>>
According to Wikipedia:

"A prohibited person is one who:

Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
Is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
Is a fugitive from justice;
Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution;
Is illegally or unlawfully in the United States;
Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship;
Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner;
Has been convicted in any court of a "misdemeanor crime of domestic violence"

I guess the question is, what is considered mentally institutionalized
>>
>>34391369

/k/ anon here.

If you want to do it and make sure you do it right, get a break-open single-shot shotgun. They're cheap and you don't have to worry about any handgun waiting periods they have. Plus they're cheaper than a handgun. which is nice if you're strapped for cash.

Then you saw the barrel down so it's only a couple inches long. Yeah, doing that's breaking the law but you're going to be dead soon anyways right? Then, load a 00 Buckshot shell, put the end of the barrel right against your head, and pull the trigger. 00 Buckshot is the equivalent of 8 or 9 .32ACP bullets in a fan pattern, so it'll definitely do the job. Also, 00 Buckshot comes in boxes of 5 so you don't have to buy an entire box of 50 rounds.

>>34391463

Can confirm.

>>34391551

Nah, the federal background check doesn't include medical records.
>>
>live in east european shithole
>in order to buy a gun i have to:
>see shrink for detailed psych eval
>pay hundreds of $$ in fees to get court certificate that i have no criminal record
>have a meeting with the chief of my local PD and convince him that I REALLY REALLY REALLY need the gun for SERIOUS REASONS
>can get a maximum of 50 bullets
>police will randomly come to my home to check if i have all my bullets and my gun safely locked in a metal safe
>immediately become a suspect for every crime in which a gun is involved in because so few people own guns
>>
>>34392317

Do you need a permit for ammo?

Because you can build a simplistic slam-fire shotgun out of plumbing parts.
>>
>>34391551
It only disqualifies you if you were involuntarily admitted.
If you admit yourself, you're clean.
>>
>>34392858
Yes, you need to show your gun permit in order to buy ammo. A lot of guys, however, go to a shooting range and sneak out bullets. I know how to make a slam-fire gun but it's not enough. Nothing beats a working piece of cold metal in your hand.

Not like I'm ever going to need it, but you never know with these refugee waves.
>>
>>34391369
buy a deagle and hollow point
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.