[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join the Army guys? An Army recruiter just contacted

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 17

File: 1484695538911.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484695538911.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
Should I join the Army guys?
An Army recruiter just contacted me.
I told him I'd talk to him next week.
>>
No
Hell no
Go away, original comment thing
>>
>>34242052
Why not?

Originally Original content
>>
Do it, kill those sand niggers
>>
>army
Chair force or bust
>>
>weeb in the army
Dont know where you are but id doubt you would last regardless
>>
Go chair force unless youre a driven mother hecker

Then pick army or muhreens
>>
>>34241996
ive always wanted to get in the army but they told me to fuck off because i dont have perfect hearing

also some tips:
air force is super hard so avoid it
theyll be super mean to you
youll have to be social with people
theyll make you live in a barracks without comfort, tendies, anime
getting up in 6 am
working you ass off
>>
>>34241996
It really depends on what you want to do. There are MOS's that can be very rewarding and lead to a civilian career. It's important to consider that kind of thing, so you don't end up wasting several years of your life with nothing to show for it.
>>
Are you remotely even introverted and prefer to spend time to yourself?
If so, no. Don't join unless you want to challenge yourself.
.t recently ETS'd 74D
Will stick around to answer questions if there are any
>>
File: smug slav anime girl.jpg (65KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
smug slav anime girl.jpg
65KB, 604x604px
>>34241996
Do it. Best decision I ever made

Basic sure sucked though, only because I was kind of fat when I enlisted
>>
>>34243424
One complaint I hear from army guys is that at first you mostly do menial tasks like cleaning and guarding. I personally dont care if what I'm doing is "meaningful" or not so does that mean the army would be easy for me after basic training?
>>
>>34241996
become a doctor in the army. They will pay for everything and ul start making bank.
>>
>>34241996
They eat anime faggots for breakfast in army.
>>
>>34243837
Speak for yourself you piece of shit. My sergeant saw my waifu pillow while inspecting my barracks room, and although he was kind of surprised, I kick his ass at PT any day, so he didn't say anything beyond that.

Take it from someone still in, If you want to have really good job security for the next 3-6 years, the Army is the way to go.
>>
>>34243979
Sure you did buddy, keep LARPing.
>>
File: WIN_20170118_15_49_36_Pro.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170118_15_49_36_Pro.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
>>34243999
Come at me motherfucker.

>>34241996
There are a surprising amount of weebs and other losers in the Army. As long as you stay fit and aren't a shitbag, nobody really gives a shit about what else you do.

Admittedly it can be some pretty menial shit sometimes like >>34243755 mentioned, and Basic + AIT (or OSUT if you're trying to be Infantry or whatever else) and really suck if you're not used to getting fucked up all the time. But overall it's a good way to spend a few years of your youth.
>>
>>34241996
Do it, depending on what job you get it could be pretty comfy/fun

Basic is about how you'd expect, don't worry about getting in shape now because they'll get you where you need to be. Being social is really a non issue, even a sperg like me ended up making friends since you really have no choice in that kind of situation. It's not like you can sit in a room all day by yourself you know?

AIT is usually pretty chill depending on what MOS you end up with. They did away with drill sergeants a while ago, now it's just "platoon sergeants" who won't really do much in terms of discipline. I think we got smoked once in AIT and it was pretty pathetic at that.

Honestly the biggest pain in the ass about entering armed forces is MEPS, I went twice and that's not bad, I knew some people that had to go back 4 times.

Job security as mentioned is nice, they've invested so much into you that once you make it past initial entry training they really won't want to let you go.

Also be prepared for about a thousand SHARP and personal finance classes...
>>
>>34244218
When you come back here with PTSD we will still have you before you an hero.
>>
I wanted to join the army and earn my citizenship but unfortunately a work permit wasnt enough...
>>
>>34241996
If in the US? Yes. Shit's looking pretty good for the military now compared to the past 8 years.

Any other country? I'm unsure.
>>
>>34244218
Are you happy of making that decision? Also, why the fuck everyone who goes to the army has to be so damn aggressive. I know it's tough there and shit but come on.
>>
File: LTzNOHR.jpg (45KB, 443x540px) Image search: [Google]
LTzNOHR.jpg
45KB, 443x540px
>>34244499
Overall I'd say it's been a positive experience so far, yes. And you said it yourself friendo, it can be tough. Dealing with so much shit and so many stupid motherfuckers, you just naturally get angry and easily set off. Plus when you're in an environment where blowing up at people isn't seen as unnatural, you just get used to it.
>>
>>34242073
>>34241996
I'm joining the Air Force. Already almost done with half the process.

Join Army, Muhreens if you like physical stuff
Join Navy for the memes
Join Air Force Coast Guard to be on chair duty

Air force has the most career opportunities tho
>>
>>34244681
How can you say that and still have a bodypillow and post cute anime girls. Don't get me wrong, I do prefer this kind of people than macho agressive tough guys, but it is quite rare.
>>
>>34244218
So far I heard some high rank dude say he was a gamer. These people are p cool. Different branch tho
>>
>>34241996
Don't listen to these faggots anon. Simply go talk to the recruiter. Think about it, you're not ACTUALLY joining yet. He's just going to talk to you, tell you what it offers, etc. Who knows, maybe you'll like it. Make sure to ask plenty of questions so you know EXACTLY what you're getting into. My recommendation is go NAVY. Considering the fact that you use 4chan, you're probably a robot or at the very least a cyborg. Navy has more comfy, robot-suited jobs like Technicians, things that don't require a lot of brolic chad like strength.
>>
>>34245026
I haven't stopped liking stuff, I've just gotten rid of the apprehension of telling somebody "fuck you!" to their face. Something that gets drilled into you is acting immediately. If there's something in the way of you getting something done, the consequences of not doing it are usually worse than getting over the fear of telling someone off. You don't necessarily have to be a dick though. I don't go around picking fights or anything, but if someone I don't know is getting in my way, I'll let them know.

>>34245031
Oh yeah, he was most likely Air Force. Those guys can be some real goobers. But fuck them because they usually make more and get treated better than I do.
>>
>>34241996
In 2 months I'm going to recruit to combat engineering.
How fucked am I?
>>
>>34245462
Have fun digging guy.

Actually, I don't think I know any combat engineers, I just remember hearing that they dig a lot.
>>
File: 1484087516747.jpg (24KB, 532x320px) Image search: [Google]
1484087516747.jpg
24KB, 532x320px
Speaking of joining the army, does anyone know what the process is for transgender applicants? I pass pretty well and I have breasts but I still have a penis.
>>
>>34246690
That's actually a point of contention. Allowing transgender applicants into the military is still a recent development, and most units have no idea how to handle really any of the processes involving a transgender soldier. As far as I know Transgender people are allowed to join the military, but I don't know any who have, nor do I know anybody who does.
>>
File: vee.png (138KB, 600x767px) Image search: [Google]
vee.png
138KB, 600x767px
>>34246851

Dang dude, I dunno why it's a big deal. I'm basically a female for all intents and purposes. I guess I'm just worried I'll be thrown with the guys and they'll think I'm weird as fug because there's a woman with them and they'll KNOW.
>>
>>34246977
pic of yourself?
if you're passing and get surgery you should be fine but expect to get ostracized mercilessly otherwise
>>
File: 1482335676303.jpg (35KB, 385x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482335676303.jpg
35KB, 385x375px
>>34247029
http://i.imgur.com/YqUJYve.jpg

I dunno if I want surgery. It just seems pointless, y'know? It's not going to give me a uterus or anything useful. I'd rather just keep my functioning parts. I may change my mind down the road though.

What sort of ostracizing should I expect? The good kind or the bad (get beat up) kind?
>>
>>34241996
>>>/k/
>>>/meg/

orianginly
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 720x960px
>>34247127
Buzz your hair and you can pass as a girly looking boy which is much better than being seen as a tranny. Do what Mulan did basically because a lot of military guys I've been on tinder dates hate anything that's gay.

Is basically the south x100
>>
>>34247127
In the Navy?
expect to get pegged in the bootyhole lmao.
In the Marines?
expect to get beat up or at the very least avoided.
In the Air Force?
nobody's gonna give a shit.

Army could be any of those depending but unless you do a combat MOS i dont think it'll be too terrible. not so chad/conservative.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 500x396px
>>34247127
They will beat you up and make your life hell because they see you as a disgusting mentally ill rapist who deserves to rot in hell. There was a very violent rant video a guy in the army made saying that they're a bad example and not a real American hero.

t. I know 5 guys in the marines and 2 army guys
>>
>>34246977
Well, a lot of it has to do with the administrative side really. Like, there are different standards for the APFT depending on if you're a Male or Female. And just because you identify as a Female, does that allow you to circumvent the standards so many other people have to meet? Also in terms of SHARP, when you're getting patted down after a day at the range, Females are patted down by Female Drillsergeants and Males by Male Drillsergeants. But what if a Female Drillsergeant doesn't feel comfortable patting you down (they do check the crotch area)? Is a Male expected to do it?
>>
>>34243112

>Chair force

>Hard

what does he mean by this?
>>
File: 0ab.gif (83KB, 379x387px) Image search: [Google]
0ab.gif
83KB, 379x387px
>>34247266
Man, what the heck. I thought lots of gay shenanigans went down in the army. I thought they'd appreciate a feminine object.

>>34247311
So navy or air force, okay. I like boats n planes.

>>34247323
Dang, sounds rough. I probably deserve it though.

>>34247334
Well, I'm not sure. That's a pretty good point but I've been on hormones long enough for my muscles to weaken and what not, so meeting the male standards would be quite difficult.

And I dunno what would happen in that situation. I guess I'd expect a drill sergeant to not be that fussed about what's between my legs. It's just a dick. Not even a large one.
>>
File: 1474591361099.png (176KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1474591361099.png
176KB, 377x377px
>>34247323
How's about you join before you make speak for people guy?

>>34247266
That's basically wrong x100. Military culture has changed a lot, most people joining nowadays grew up with the news and tumblr supporting gay people.

With the exception of the Navy, this guy get's it: >>34247311

It very much depends on who you go through with, but the system is heavily in favor against discrimination. However your biggest hurdles are gonna be the issues regarding whether to hold you to male or female standards.
>>
Yes OP....Veteran here....

As fun as it may seem to sit on 4chan and think you're better than everyone who actually tries at life, I'm telling you, do it.

You will get in shape, and actually have an interesting job. You'll learn (quite quickly) a lot of basic skills that will make you hire-able in the future. I know you're probably young and you don't care but trust me you will want a job some day. You get preferential treatment in the hiring process once you get out. Plus you get the GI Bill which is like a golden ticket, trust me, google it. I say join and do only 4 years, take some courses on the side using your GI Bill and get out in your early to mid 20s with a BA/BS and military background and start winning at life.
>>
>>34247453
>You have no idea.

Dude, SHARP is the AIDS of the Army right now. Nobody wants to mess with anything that could potentially lead to a SHARP complaint. And you gotta keep in mind too that not everyone is open-minded enough to disregard what you got between your legs. Even Drill Sergeants can't get rid of all their old values.
>>
>>34246690
>>34246977
If you don't cut off your penis and balls you're a man. And will always be a man.
You don't belong in the military. You've been fucked in the head for a very long time. You're worse than a female joining because you're advertenly trying to be useless
>>
File: host.png (425KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
host.png
425KB, 405x600px
>>34247570
I guess I just imagine drill sergeants as being super tough and unphased. It's hard to imagine one being uncomfortable with ANY situation, especially the junk touching one.

>>34247593
Alright, I'll cut it all off and have a gaping wound instead. Happy?
>>
>>34241996
They don't take Spergs.
>>
>>34241996
JUNKO A SHIT
>>
File: 1484081081339.jpg (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484081081339.jpg
81KB, 500x500px
>>34247694
They can be pretty convincing, but nah.

Fuck closetfag anon, you're a pretty QT trap.
>>
>>34243344
Were you a neet before join the army?
>>
File: 1.jpg (17KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
17KB, 270x350px
>>34247783
Thank you, anon. That's really nice of you to say.
>>
File: 1473204582275.png (219KB, 370x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473204582275.png
219KB, 370x480px
>>34247966
I don't know what the fuck that guy's talking about, but if you're kind of a sperg go MI. Specifically 17C, those guys are fucking weirdos.
>>
>>34241996
Go for it. I really want to enlist but I can't until I get go back and finish up school.
>>
>>34241996
in the USA or possibly UK? yes

any other country? nope
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.