[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is university a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: lecture.jpg (372KB, 2000x719px) Image search: [Google]
lecture.jpg
372KB, 2000x719px
is university a meme?
>>
File: Content.png (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Content.png
8KB, 225x225px
>>34095402
Yes. You're there to broaden your mind while focusing on the meat of what you're studying, but you're actually there to be driven into the ideology your teacher has while getting further and further away from what you're supposed to do in your field of study.
>>
>>34095402
yes. it is literally just a meme, just like autism is literally just a meme.
>>
Do you know what you want to major in?
Have you talked to a counselor and planned out your classes?
Are you good at writing papers and good at math?

If no then University is a meme and you're better off finding work as soon as you can.
>>
>>34095402
community college and trade school are worth it
if you have a generous enough scholarship or the right trust funds, university is worth it
if your life and career is dependent on socializing and networking, it's worth it
otherwise, no
>>
If its not Harvard, its a meme
>>
>>34095402
>>34095487
>>34095544
>>34095546
>>34095566
>>34095566
>>34095546

How about a technical study?
>>
File: Elephant-4214115[1].jpg (890KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Elephant-4214115[1].jpg
890KB, 1920x1080px
>>34095402
The entire universe is a meme
>>
once all the tenured liberal professors get canned pretty soon and liberal arts programs get cut it will once again be the place to be for guaranteed success
>>
>>34095402
>Good degree + Good university
Never a meme
>Poor degree + Good university
Worth it if you can develop contacts and network
>Good degree + Poor university
You'll still probably end up earning more than the average, but probably less than if you'd gone somewhere better
>Poor degree + Poor university
Meme
>>
>>34095623
that's actually not a bad overview.
>>
>>34095546
>>34095566
these
pwosucosjfkskshf
>>
>>34095402
If you want to be a neet then it is a meme.
If you want to live a happy life, higher education is nearly a requirement.
You can do a trade too, electricians and plumbers are always needed.
>>
would uni for a course such as photography or film production be worth the expense? or are there better alternatives for that career path?
>>
>>34095402

it is not just a meme if you fight for social justice, against homophobia, against racism and for feminism. If you use your time wisely and effectively broaden your horizon, yes, then university stretches beyond the realm of memes <3
>>
I think it's so adorable when older people are in school. They're so interesting to talk to.
>>
File: S.W.E.A.T..jpg (175KB, 1024x862px) Image search: [Google]
S.W.E.A.T..jpg
175KB, 1024x862px
They are a meme for sure.

Drop out and take the Pledge today.
>>
>>34095725
I've no background in this, but I'd imagine that building up a portfolio of your work then trying to get an internship somewhere might be a better course to take.
>>
>>34095751
"I believe that all people are created equal"

lmao, what a fucking loser.
>>
>>34095692
>If you want to live a happy life, higher education is nearly a requirement.
You seem to have fallen for the money = happiness meme, friend :)
>>
>>34095731
Neck one you colossal niggerfaggot
>>
>>34095725
If you can get into and pay for a well known school, I'm sure it'd be worth it. Otherwise it's probably a little better than a gender studies degree.
>>
>didn't go to uni
>get a job in programming because I enjoy programming as a hobby
>end up earning more than anyone else I know who went to uni.

University is the memiest of memes.
>>
>>34095623
what do you class as a good degree?
>>
>>34095725

Honestly those sorts of courses are more useful for building industry contacts and a portfolio than they are for having the degree.
>>
>>34095793
Gender studies, obviously.
>>
>>34095566

this. Also if you wanna get into the premier company of a big industry you gotta have an ivy league cred. If you're happy being the program director at your local tv station, community is fine. If you are happy teaching at you local college, lol, community is fine, but take your grad school at your college.

if you wanna be involved in an art industry like tv, movies, writing, drawing or vidja gaemz, still go to community and look for other people into the same stuff and get involved with that community, but only take 2 classes so you will have time to socialize and go to things involved with your future art career.
>>
it depends on the kind of job you get. the kind of experience you have.
>>
>>34095769
Put down the sass and pick up a shovel
every job you let foreigners take is another brown dick in your daughters' pussy
>>
If you're not university educated, you're not much to be honest.
>>
>>34096037
I remember being an 18 year old university freshman. Funny times
>>
>>34095402
If you're studying in a good field at a prestigious college, then it's not a meme by any means. If you're studying in a meme field at a no-name college, then it is a meme.
>>
>>34095566
You're retarded. Community colleges are a shitty version of universities. Trade schools are a meme who wants to work hard labor for minimal pay? Stem is where the money and easy life is and you only get that at university
>>
>in community college
>"who here plans to go to uni after this course?"
>one person out of about 20 raises his hand

Thank god I'm not the only one that doesn't have any plans.
>>
>>34097971
>Community colleges are a shitty version of universities
Not at all, they offer exactly the same education if not better as state schools at a fraction of the price. Only downside is some employers may look down on it because they're clueless.
>Stem is where the money and easy life is
Biggest meme there is. Spread by companies to flood the "STEM" labor force and keep wages stagnant and employees easily replaceable.
Only thing uni is good for these days is networking, and even that's only if you go to a top school.
>>
>>34095402
Yes.
I'm braindead and lazy, can barely spell properly without spellcheck, can barely comprehend 9th grade math and I get straight As in university
>>
File: college.png (63KB, 1319x363px) Image search: [Google]
college.png
63KB, 1319x363px
>Is it a meme?

No, not at all.
>>
>>34095602
>says the universe is a meme
>only posts one galaxy
>>
>>34095402
Idk. I have a friend who has finished uni and got picked up by a company as soon as he graduated (he has a salary of 1000$ which is a lot here especially for someone who has no prior job experience) and one who thought himself programming, dropped out and got a job within a month. I guess it depends on how much you are willing to dedicate yourself to a profession/skill.
One notable thing that my uni friend said is that he learned more by working for one year than he has from 4 years of "education".
>>
College is a liberal think tank hellhole designed to get you to become a Marxist, realize your "gender dysphoria", and hate yourself.

Fuck having money and being a helpless sheep, Id rather be poor and have personal happiness knowing my values are preserved.
>>
i dropped out because of "muh feels" and i regret it terribly.
>>
i debunked the college meme earlier today but have not received a single (you)

>>34097006
>>
>>34099666
exact same, I've made it back to a uni but it took 2 years of misery.
>>
File: 1483850514665.jpg (75KB, 730x660px) Image search: [Google]
1483850514665.jpg
75KB, 730x660px
>>34099289
>they offer exactly the same education if not better as state schools
>>
>>34099647
>College is a liberal think tank hellhole designed to get you to become a Marxist, realize your "gender dysphoria", and hate yourself.

spot the person who's never actually been inside an establishment for higher education
>>
>>34095597
Do you think STEM is somehow immune from bias, politics and idiocy?
>>
>>34095402
No. It serves its purpose as a screening process for employers.
>>
>>34099699
Not him but I have and it wasn't STEM so I agree with him. Definitely Marxist indoctrination if you're not in STEM
>>
File: murray.jpg (120KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
murray.jpg
120KB, 960x540px
>>34099485
Multi-galactic universes are so 2016
>>
>>34099746
>>34099699
Even in STEM you get the overflow of trash from all the commies parading down the main lane and putting fliers fucking everywhere
>>
>>34099699
>be me
>went to college
>it's literally a Marxist conversion camp

Sorry to tell you this anon, but it's true. College was a fucking meme joke. I hardly went to class and got straight A's. Biggest waste of my time ever
>>
>>34099794
Yeah, that happens.

But I'm talking about profs. The most "conservative" professor I've had was a centrist.
>>34099829
Can confirm this as true for some courses. I never showed up to this one class and I got a 91 on the exam just because I studied the slides an hour before it. Didn't even read the textbook.

It's like you either never show up in the lecture and just do the readings, or you just show up to lectures and never do the readings.
>>
>>34099829
can confirm
>Be me
>go to uni in south west uk
>study history
>Marxist conversion camp
>>
>>34099436
Correlation does not equal causation.

Having rich parents increases your chances of going to college.

Having rich parents also increases your chances of being hired for nepotism.
>>
>>34099878
>It's like you either never show up in the lecture and just do the readings

And that's why it's a fucking meme. I'm paying $150k to read. If me and someone who is not in the college read the same books, how am I any more educated then them?
>>
>>34099878
at my uni its not even worth going to lectures, they only offer a ridiculously basic overview of the topic with very few readings worth bothering with.
The digital module guidebook is the only real useful guidance given
>>
>>34099995
>$150k
>voluntarily raping yourself financially
what are you planning on getting out of it?
>>
>>34095487
idk about your uni but at mine we get to keep and defend our opinions, very heterogeneous crowd
>>
>>34100072
>tfw polisci prof shows us the trump vs hillary debates so she can explain different tenants of political ideologies
>after hillary speaks no one claps
>after trump speaks, a few guys in the back clap
>prof says "come on guys, really?"
>>
if you are going in because your mom said so or due to other social pressures you are probably wasting your time and will regret taking whatever dumb meme major you chose because you wanted to slack off.
>>
>>34095623
This is correct, if you go and get a decent degree its worth it.
>>
>>34100119
>ask her why?
>she lays down her arguments
>you (try to) refute them
>everyone got to keep or defend their opinions
>>
>>34099995
>I'm paying $150k
Where the fuck did you go to school?
>>
>>34099436
>tfw you have a Master's Degree and you make less than a person with a Bachelor's Degree
just end it senpai
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.