[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Like omg did you hear that we discovered gravity! Omg I fucking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: 1455143475247.jpg (17KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1455143475247.jpg
17KB, 612x612px
>Like omg did you hear that we discovered gravity! Omg I fucking LOVE SCIENCE!! I'm going to study engineering :P
>>
>>26438606
Literally no girl gives a shit about the discovery of gravitational waves.
>>
File: 3396726_3_o.jpg (43KB, 445x575px) Image search: [Google]
3396726_3_o.jpg
43KB, 445x575px
>>26438615
nah m8 i think they do

spoilered pic for everyones eyes
>>
>>26438615
I do. I'm even studying aerospace engineering.

But I'm a tranny
>>
I saw quite a few videos of gravitational waves by buzzfeed-y type publishers and they were almost all horrible.
>science is so happy!
>we're going to science space!
>today is a great day for science!
It goes on. Obviously they don't want their viewers to think that actual people spent years working on stuff like this and instead just want them to think science is something that just happens.
>>
>>26438665
Please stop with this gender meme bullshit. You were born a male, you're a fucking man. No amount of tumblr rhetoric is going to change your genetic structure. Even if you chop off your dick, you're still just a dickless man.

>>26438643
I know there are actually nerdy girls out there who care about this shit, but memewhores like Stacys who post on normiegram and Fagbook don't care about that shit. They won't even pretend to care.
>>
>>26438736
This. The average person has no idea how many long nights and dead ends and how much frustration and stress goes into an important discovery.
>>
>>26438606
I feel like a woman saying invented gravity is actually even more likely.
>>
>>26438736
God damn the sort of people who claim to love science but don't know jack shit other than whatever half understood factoid they heard on some pop science show.

Also sharing pretty artists renderings of space does not make you a geek.
>>
File: 1389067046166.jpg (44KB, 562x423px) Image search: [Google]
1389067046166.jpg
44KB, 562x423px
someone please explain the significance of this shit, without any bull crap

How is this anything new? Did anyone seriously consider for a second that gravity travels instantaneously? Since it obviously doesn't, it must travel in waves, what's the big fucking deal.

I guess I must be missing something, something really big.
>>
>>26438606
facebook full of this meme
>>
File: 1404498373753.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1404498373753.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>26438767
>can use science to transform the wilderness into a technologically advanced city that perfectly caters to our existence
>can use science to extract resources and manipulate energy at an atomic level
>can use science to survive outside of our natural habitat and conquer every continent and build structures on any terrain, underground, underwater, and even outside our planet
>can use science to heal injuries, cure diseases, and defeat 'natural' causes of death at every turn
>can use science to transform literally every aspect of our lives, body, and the world around us but can't use science to make someone who wants to be a different gender more like the gender they want to be because it's gross or hurts your feelings
good one
>>
>>26438910
no you can't build a structure on the sun

you can't make a square circle

it's all futile
>>
>>26438879
A concept that was proven mathematically long ago was discovered. It's implications will be determined sometime in the future since they are produced by really big fucking objects.

Just don't worry about it because in two months they'll say there was an error in the testing. Fucking media jumping the gun as usual
>>
>>26438910
The day science gets rid of your x chromosome I'll actually debate about it.

At the moment all trannies are a danger to general populations with their unstable mental state.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>26438643
>mfw i clicked on the spoiler
>>
>>26438910

But that's not what he said, he said you were born a man and are a man, and that even if you cut your cock off, you're still a man.

Which is true. Its funny that you're talking about hurt feelings.
>>
>>26438931
You can absolutely make a square circle in 4 dimensions. t. maths masters student
>>
>>26438879
People like you are why progress is hampered to be honest. People said the same thing about radio waves when they were discovered, and now we use them for mass communication and for pretty much 95% of astronomy.
>>
>>26439048
>blaming the hampering of progress on an average joe sideliner who doesn't understand or care
Stay frustrated, poindexter. maybe progress wouldn't be so hampered if you'd get off your ass and start inventing shit
>>
>>26438910
>>>/lgbt/

As far as I know, cross board invasions are not allowed.
>>
>>26439022
you mean 3? The normal smart aleck move is to make a rounded cube that you can observe from 2 axes as different shapes, but that's 3 dimensional. wtf are you talking about with 4?
>>
>>26439082
>trying to remove the agency attached to your retarded comment by projecting irrelevance

consider soowiside
>>
>>26438910
Science has yet to restructure a male or female's entire sexual reproduction system so that they can viably reproduce in the manner their biological counterpart would.

Until you see someone who was born a woman get surgery that enables her to produce sperm and impregnate another woman, she's still a fucking woman. Until can restructure a man's sexual physiology to the point where he ovulates and has a uterus, he's still a fucking man.

I don't care who you let diddle your private parts. You don't get to choose what sex or gender you are.
>>
>>26439101
No, I'm being serious. How does my indifference hamper progress, it doesn't at all stop the next guy from studying and inventing.

Unless you're talking about funding or public support, in which case again, who cares about me, I don't do shit anyway.
>>
>>26438970
>>26439006
Chromosomes are just templates for cell division, they give your body instructions on how to develop. We obviously live in a world where you can change most aspects of your body you don't like. If you born with a big hook nose and were self-conscious about it, you'd just get plastic surgery for it so that you'd be more comfortable with your body. If you want to have tits and soft skin, you can take estrogen. If you want to be strong than your genetics allow you can take testosterone. Why wouldn't someone use the medical technology available to them to make their life happier in this one life they have to live?

Have you ever had your DNA analyzed? How do you know that you're really XY and don't have intersex genetic condition? There are men born with XX chromosomes and women born with XY chromosomes. If you found out that you had XX chromosomes in your DNA it wouldn't make a different in your life, you wouldn't adamantly demand everyone call you a woman, would you? I don't really care about your semantics. I want to have a feminine body, I want to be seen by others as a girl, and science lets me accomplish this. I don't care what you 'think' I am because if you met me on the street you'd hopefully think I was like any other girl.
>>
File: tess4d.gif (687KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
tess4d.gif
687KB, 256x256px
>>26439097
Geometric fourth dimension is the representation of a shape inside a shape, where in x y and z axis are your standard 3d and the fourth axis runs perpendicular to the other three inside itself. Take this .gif for example. You can place a cube inside of a sphere and it's neither a sphere nor cube in 4d, but both
>>
>>26439102
So the definitive measure of what gender you are is what role you take in sexual reproduction.

Under this definition

>infertile men and women do not have a gender
>children do not have a gender
>the elderly do not have a gender
>>
>>26439120
Your indifference only affects progress if it's assumed that you give a shit, which you clearly don't. My bad.
>>
>>26439148
I understand that, I've got a 4D rubiks cube app, lol. But in any case I don't think that constitutes a square circle or a circular square, it's a new shape

>>26439176
>Your indifference only affects
>if it's assumed that you give a shit
huh
>>
>>26439176
you discovered the square circle my friend, congratulations
>>
>>26439151
Children are referred to as boys and girls until they've reached sexual maturity. Boy implies a child with a penis, girl implies a child with a vagina.

A sterile man and an infertile woman are still biologically men and women, they're just unable to reproduce. Stop trying to push your stupid fag shit man. I can't just decide to be a fucking Mac Truck one day just because I really like the noise they make. It's a shame that the internet helps give a voice to illogical fucks like you.
>>
>>26439148
That's not a shape, it's an animated bunch of lines that stretch and warp in a scaffold structure.
>>
>>26439123
you can change all your body with surgery but at the end of the day you're still a man, in the same way fake boobs are fake
>>
>>26439123
I have a big nose and I'm self-conscious about it, but I wouldn't get plastic surgery because that'd be false advertising. You are your genes and you have to live with it.
>>
>>26440361
>get plastic surgery to fix nose
>feel confident, it becomes a catalyst for change and you better yourself
>you finally get a girlfriend
>have kids
>kid has a big nose, gets plastic surgery too, or just doesn't care like you did
>genetic engineering becomes common either the next generation or the generation after
>your kids have big nose gene replaced

or

>be a beta faggot who hates his big nose
>whine about everything and never improve yourself
>die a virgin
>>
>>26438606
kill yourself, faggget
>>
File: dwarf.jpg (273KB, 1259x695px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.jpg
273KB, 1259x695px
Whenever normies talk to me about Science I try to be clever and act like a buzzfeed, and end up making myself look like a fool.

>In class today
>Overhear some pleb girls discussing the detection of Gravitational waves
>they clearly don't understand the discovery
>talking about how 'scientists saw a black hole eating another one'
>one of them says that 'I saw on facebook that this will help us invent time travel'
>want to impress them as I understand Science quite well despite being a history student and want to make cute girls laugh they can't help being foolish
>lean over
>tap one of them in the back
>'h-h-ere is my impression of science!'
>meekly wave to the girls then fall on the floor
>supposed to be a 'gravitational wave'
>they ask if I am OK
>I apoologise and say yes
>>
>>26438984
> 2016
> not fapping to it
>>
>>26438606
Is this Babi Rossi? I can't find the source for this image but I'm pretty sure its her. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>26438793
But you do, right?

The average person doesn't ever experience long nights, dead ends and nearly overwhelming frustration in regards to their pursuits. Only you do.
>>
>>26438665
I'm ok with you being a tranny and treating you like a girl
>>
>>26438910
XY = Male
XX = Female
>>
>>26441302
What about XY where they lack test receptors, where they could be X for all practical purposes

The Y just swims around in the nucleus of the cell doing nothing
>>
>>26441327
still male. just dysfunctional.
>>
>>26441353
The phenotype is female, where phenotype is the traits manifested/observed.

Consider the following, not analogical, but symmetrical(!) example:

You have 1 gene for brown eyes and 1 for blue eyes, so obviously your phenotype is brown eyes.

Would you say you have blue eyes too?
No, not really.
>>
>>26441395
If you only have one functioning chromosone you'll probably have something like Down Syndrome m8.
>>
>>26441419
you illiterate take a look at this link this very instant, namely the picture of the naked women and the text under

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_androgen_insensitivity_syndrome

Shit's more complicated (in rare cases) than just saying male/female and that's it

I gotta be careful not to step on a tumblr land mine here.
>>
>>26441512
To supply, there is a significant difference between transsexuals and these mutated individuals.

Trannies do it based on gender dysmorphia which cannot be shown to exist physically, while here you have a specific biological mutation, that has specific effects that feminize the organism
>>
>>26441395
>1 gene for brown eyes
>i have no clue how eye color is determined

first of all you're assuming the complete disruption of a fucking chromosome. sexual dimorphism is more than just testosterone making your balls drop.

second, your example would make more sense if someone with the brown pigments didn't express them.

third, it's arbitrary to say "oh well he looks like a guy so he's a guy" when the underlying understanding of gender still relies on chromosomes. a guy who loses vision in his brown eyes has a problem that he may be able to fix or compensate for. a guy who just says "well my phenotype is blindness after that accident" and is proud of it isn't going to go as far.
>>
>>26441774
>>1 gene for brown eyes
>>i have no clue how eye color is determined

I said 'gene', because you might not know what an allele is.

Didn't want to confuse you, but I obviously failed, because:
>well my phenotype is blindness after that accident
Would make sense if the accident had to do with genetics
>it's arbitrary
If you don't understand a complicated structure it probably seems arbitrary.

I am not saying you are stupid, all I'm saying is you don't know genetics.

This combined with your desire to dismiss trannies(rightfully or not) has pushed you to a wrong conclusion.

That's okay, but you should really google some genetics.
Shit's going to open your eyes to all the bullshit people spout about genetics on the Internet

Just like it did for me.
>>
>>26438606
Give me the source you brute.
>>
>>26438615

>all the female scientists out there are just pretending for attention!

>I-I really am smart, g-guys, so what if I'm a 30 y/o NEET with a GED, at least I'm not a dumb GUUURL
>>
>>26439082

If average joe sideliner wasn't a complete retarded he'd vote for candidates that would sponsor more science instead of the one that screams loudest about how much they love USA and Jayzuz

>t. Physics PhD candidate
>>
>>26442754
>implying I didn't graduate high school with a 1.5 gpa
>>
File: 1447802147223.jpg (15KB, 281x350px) Image search: [Google]
1447802147223.jpg
15KB, 281x350px
>>26438910
>ya know, I don't feel like this arm is mine, let's get rid of it
Can we stop feeding this delusion, it's getting quite ridiculous.
>>
File: 1408301479945.jpg (106KB, 348x311px) Image search: [Google]
1408301479945.jpg
106KB, 348x311px
http://rgambler.com/tag/iq-and-gender/

Women are more uniform, most women are average and almost none are really smart.
Add the sex game where they can just exist and win and they have no reason to try and be smart.
>>
>>26441127
He's saying he has some idea as opposed to no idea. Go back to tumblr
>>
>>26441327
No uterus, inside testicles in most cases. A male in fact, a female in looks and behavior.
>>
You forgot that she gets a free full ride and placed into a program she drops after a semester while some guy gets cut from the program to make space for her and told he won't get a refund of the money he had to borrow
>>
>>26439148
did you bullshit-generate this post? hypercubes and spheres are defined for arbitrary dimensions, but thats got nothing to do with a square being a circle.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.