[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did you come to /r9k/ originally?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: suicideforest.png (203KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
suicideforest.png
203KB, 500x251px
Why did you come to /r9k/ originally?
>>
>>26302095
I came the last (?) time moot messed with /a/, maybe in 2013? I don't remember when, and I abandoned every other board since I found this place. I don't even go on /r9k/ anymore.

I used to read the /r9k/ archive before the original board died, but never actually went on here. I always thought it was filled with faggots, until I realized I liked being miserable, so whatever.
>>
I don't even remember at this point.
>>
>>26302195
Oh, you asked why, not when. Because /a/ dieded, and I was bored.
>>
>>26302095
No real reason, I just sort of arrived here
Now I can't leave
>>
File: 1431761304494.png (23KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
1431761304494.png
23KB, 489x423px
>>26302095
because /nohope/
>>
I came here once and read some pretty good incest stories

Hasn't been a good one since
>>
I came because I was curious what r9k was about.

I stayed because I felt the same.
>>
/b/ really sucks ass now.
>>
File: end my life.jpg (29KB, 640x514px) Image search: [Google]
end my life.jpg
29KB, 640x514px
I kind of just stumbled upon it. I really identified with all the robots here then. Still do, even though I lift and I'm pretty much depression-free atm

>tfw life is still shit and i only lift to distract myself from the fact that nothing good will ever happen to me
>>
>>26302095

I was homeless living in my unregistered car in a Walmart parking lot with a suspended driver's license. Lived in my car there for about 40 straight days. Had a lot of time to myself with only a phone with the internet.
>>
because it was a brand new board, is why.
and it was supposed to be like /b/ without the slowpoke combo spam.
>>
>>26302225
It's easy to leave. Just immerse yourself with something, or lay around for while your brain cleanses itself. When you come back on, you'll realize how much shit this place is filled with, and how it's not even interesting and you'll eventually find something else to do.
>>
>>26302095
I just didn't know what r9k was. When i first realized, i knew i was going to be here forever 'cause i can't be a normie.
>>
>>26302095
I came because of Elliot Rodger. I thought this place was filled with raging virgins like myself but i was wrong.
>>
File: 1435066317920.jpg (31KB, 532x650px) Image search: [Google]
1435066317920.jpg
31KB, 532x650px
>>26302253
I noticed that the distractions only lasted so long as well. This place corrupts.
>>
>>26302273

And yet, here you are...hmm.
>>
i made a thread on /b/ about being bullied in school and asking how to make friends etc and someone told me to fuck off to r9k so i did

6 years later im still fucking here, i never did make any friends or get a gf
>>
>>26302095
Someone from /int/ told me ">>>/r9k/" 2-3 years ago. It was a feels thread.
Up to then, I had never visited r9k.
I decided to take a look at it.
>>
>>26302326
I come back every once in a while to get attention. :^)

But it's usually weeks in between the time that I come back, and when I do I don't feel insecure and hopeless anymore. Just a little sad that my old friends feel so foreign.
>>
a long time ago this board used to be a haven for non-neurotypicals whose biggest issue in life wasn't being without a GF.

unfortunately it has since changed to be an echo chamber for failed normies/cyborgs/normies in denial to whine about >tfw no gf.
>>
>>26302095
Because moot announced its reinstatement on the blotter in 2011.
>>
>>26302373

this

>tfw we used to call each other gentlemen and have all sorts of interesting discussions
>>
i was in love with a girl on here

i got over it after i learned she got raped
>>
>>26302402

That sounds nice. I came here way too late and I'm old. I've come a long way now, but I was such a bizarre and pathetic creature it would have been nice to have that.
>>
>>26302410

They've all been raped, or at least diddled. All of them, if they're over 14. If they're not...guess what, you're the diddler.
>>
I heard it was a a place for depressed virgins who enjoyed posting "le rare pepes xd" just like me so I joined.
>>
>>26302095
I saw it on the news in october
>>
>>26302515
OP here, was that with the Beta Uprising stuff happening?
>>
Initially I was a /b/tard. I only started visiting 4chan because I got hospitalized, and didn't have shit to do; from then on, it became a semi-regular thing to hop on and lurk, going into YLYL threads. Then it just started getting...childish. I'm pretty sure I was just getting older, because it always had that "newfag" thing going. I don't doubt that it still does.

So a friend of mine was like "hey, try out /r9k/" so I did. I vibed with the lack of relationship experience, social discord, and greentext stories. Unfortunately, the greentext stories slowly vanished, and the comforting, helpful attitude got replaced by "fuck Chads, you're either autism or not a robot" bullshit.

I don't really feel welcome here, but I still sympathize with the socially agnostic view most here have. I'm actually pretty good with people, even though I am spectrum - my mom's a social worker, so even though it's not natural for me to be social, I know the tricks. That's enough that I've gotten into several relationships and I can tell when a girl is interested, and what will turn her off/turn her on. Unfortunately, being in a relationship has never felt natural, even though it makes me happy.

So I hang here when I'm feeling lost. I offer actual advice when I can, with the blatant assumption that people aren't just baiting. Advice is of course, rarely taken, but I offer it anyways. It makes me feel better to help those who helped me in the past.
>>
Before it was first taken down I came here because it was the only place I could converse about a variety of topics as well as feelz.
>>
>>26302552
yes I guess im a newfag to r9k. been on 4chan for longer though
>>
"Wow, a new board full of OC, let's check it out!"
>tfwnogf everywhere
>stick around because the stories some people have to tell about their comparitively strange lives are somewhat interesting
>>
>>26302575
>"fuck Chads, you're either autism or not a robot"
because this is true.

this isn't a hugbox for normies when they feel sad.

to people with actual issues on here, your normie "sad boy" and "feeling lost" problems are like listening to the son of a multi-millionaire complain that his dad bought him a Gallardo instead of an Aventador.
>>
because it's one of the only places with virgins with rage who're bitter towards women
>>
>>26302095
Repeated failure with women made me realize I'm not a normie.
Thought people here would understand me. Found out that 90% are just pretending to be robots.
>>
>>26302743
>Repeated failure with women made me realize I'm not a normie.
you are a normie because this is your biggest complaint in life.
>>
>>26302095
I've been coming every now and then since the board started. Stopped coming when the board was nuked. When i came back i hated what the place became, i thought i was above it all and hated and didn't want to agree with some of the sentiments about women. Slowly i noticed that my own experiences and interactions synced up.
>>26302402
>>26302373
Oh my god shut the fuck up
1. That gentlemen shit lasted for like not even a year
2. It was reddity as fuck. I dont even necessarily mean that as an insult, but people who nostalgia over muh gentleman (many of whom weren't even here at the time, they're just parroting others) would find they're looking for on reddit.
3. Anyone who doesnt like it should'vr gtfo by now, you've had plenty of chances, this has been the misogyny and normie hating board for over half a decade at this point, just fuck off already
4. What interesting stories? All it ever was was retard stories. I'm so sick of everyone acting like there was so much deep meaningful discussion going on, it was only ever just sorting shooting the shit.
>>
>>26302095
came here from /pol/ before /pol/ /b/
>>
fembot or person pretending to be fembot told me this was her main board so i checked it out i had never visited this board before but the fact that the catalog was full of pepe caught my eye and as i looked deeper into the threads i realized that this board was the board of my people this is home
>>
>>26302095
heard it was like /b/ but less cancerous. Then it became cancerous
>>
>>26302794
>I'm so sick of everyone acting like there was so much deep meaningful discussion going on, it was only ever just sorting shooting the shit.
the point i was trying to make was that this board used to be a place where you could shoot the shit and have empathetic conversations with people similar to you. NTggers was the "normies" of old.

i didn't even really care if people were "normies" back then. it was just somewhere for non-NTggers to congregate and shoot the shit.

now it's just NTgger normies who think they're not normies with "depression" because they don't have a GF.
>>
I came because I had been an XKCD fan in college and I thought it was cool that there was a board based on it now
by now of course I mean way back then when it was new
>>
>>26302779
I'm 24, stuck in my 5th year at university, started over once, because I didn't get shit done.
Right now it looks like it's not going anywhere again, so I might have to drop out.
Also, money is running low, because parents don't support me and I've never worked a day in my life. I have no marketable skills and nobody wants to hire a 24 y/o dropout with no experience, when the market is flooded with people 3 years younger than me who already have graduated looking for basically any job, because our field of study has nothing to offer.
Only person in the world I care about, Mom, is edging on depression, because my little brother, who still lives at home, just doesn't give a shit about work and is about to be fired every day now.
Also mandatory traits: virgin, skinny, bald

Just because my failure with women made me realize I'm a failure in life doesn't mean that that's my only problem.
>>
>>26302972
so your "failures" and problems are laziness and loneliness?
>>
>>26302095
mid 2014, was exploring the site and saw that you guys had good feel threads and memes

its gotten a little worse but I'll browse here a lo longer probably
>>
>>26302095
I came because /r9k/ looked weird compared to the other boards

Then I read a few threads about obscure feels people had that I also had and now I can't leave

I found my home
>>
>>26302253
>even though I lift
that alone does not make you a normie. there are even lifting threads on wizchan.
>>
>>26303018
It's not lazyness if you try, but don't never accomplish anything.
Didn't have time to work when I was in school, don't have time now or I'll have to sacrifice the last piece of time I have left to actually study and drop out even faster.
>>
>>26303095
i was homeless and abused and suicidally depressed (multiple hospitalizations) throughout my entire school career and i still managed to school well on my ACT/SAT (34/2250), get 5s on AP tests, and get decent grades.

i got enough money from the shitty state school i went to that i didn't need to work but later developed a schizo disorder. fucked up my first year but three years later and i have a 3.9.

sounds like your issue is laziness.
>>
>>26302095
Because reddit was over capacity and i googled dank pepe memes and found out when reddit is down the material gets posted here.
>>
>>26303172
I don't even know what all of that means. Eurofag here.
And good for you that you're a genius. Other people have to actually put in work to do well in school.
>>
>>26303347
>I don't even know what all of that means. Eurofag here.
i don't know if yuros have to take standardized tests for college or can take college classes in highschool for college credit.

the ACT/SAT are standardized tests that basically everyone takes to determine whether or not you can go to a school, along with GPA.
AP classes are college classes in high school. scores range from 1-5.

>good for you that you're a genius
i'm not though, and i'm a schizo that literally failed every single class his first year of college. my treatments still aren't fully effective and i have a lot of issues. i could have easily given up on school and life and just collected disability money for the rest of my pathetic life but i didn't.

based on what you have said, i had a much harder life than you. i still do have a much harder life than you, and yet i'm not here whining about tfwnogf or how much of a failure i am (usually).

you are just lazy. you don't have any excuses for any of the failures you mentioned. you're just a lazy normie.
>>
>>26303347
also if you're a yurofag and as poor as you say you are then you should be able to collect substantial welfare and social safety net assistance.
>>
I'm lazy, and have no plans, motivation or anything
but I don''t see a way to be different
maybe I should kill myself already
>>
I posted off and on for years at /tv/. Then the waifu culture died and the heart of /tv/ was lost. Later I came to /r9k/. It's a good place for people who are depressed all the time.
>>
>>26303566
Not if you have never worked in your life. That's a prerequisite.
>>
Clicked on the board randomly. I've always been a beta cyborg cuckser so I decided to stay because I like it here. It's nice to experience your crushing existence with the voices of your kin nearby. This board can be an utter fucking mess at times, but I honestly think that this board can be one of the most and exciting, even among all of the ruinous shit you read here.
>>
>>26303643
then go get a fast food or call center job and work until you can get benefits.
>>
/news got deleted and I needed a new board to lurk
>>
>>26302095
I don't remember. My brain really doesn't function very well anymore.
>>
File: 1422384938273.png (453KB, 711x692px) Image search: [Google]
1422384938273.png
453KB, 711x692px
>>26302095

I came on May 24th 2014 and I've been here ever since
>>
This bisexual, liberal hipster atheist who was obsessed with Leonardo DiCaprio had a schizophrenic fit at my high school graduation.
When he was carted of stage he yelled ROBOT OVER 9000 twice. It became a class joke for a while. I was curious about it and I actually google ROBOT over 9000 and found this place.
this was in early 2012

Also I later found out that apparently he was just 'pretending' to have schizophrenia, but that is an illness in of itself or something like that according to those who are still in contact with him.
>>
>>26304216
also im from russia pardon my angliskiy
>>
Does the US have good suicide hotspots like Japan does?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.