[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lich Quest, Continued!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 4

Last time, on Lich Quest Z, we;

• Fucked with some ghouls who were created by an unknown necromancer, who is probably our dad, and were forced to leave our home, then moved to the mountains.
• Our brother, Chester, fucked with another ghoul that was also probably created by our dad.
• We fucked with a golem, who was created by a dwarf who lives in the mines with an orc.
• We fucked our sister, got a job at the cemetary, then fucked our boss.
• We killed a bear, adopted its cub, then went back after accidentally leaving our body, and took on the bear's ghost as our familiar.
• And, we learned how to leave our body on command, which proved useful for stealth missions.
Now, on with the show.
You wake up, and find yourself encompassed in darkness. You look around, greatly confused, before spying a light, and a few people outlined standing in the light. You walk towards it, and as you near, you see your father, yourself, and your siblings, all a decade younger than your currently are. Your father, on his knees in front of a tombstone, is sobbing uncontrollably, as you, Chester, and Madeleine look on with neutral expressions. You raise one eyebrow, frowning slightly. You don't remember this ever happening, but feel compelled to do something.

>Reach out, and reassuringly squeeze your father's shoulder.
>Kneel beside him.
>Tell him that it's time to go.
>>
>>976501

>Kneel beside him.

Let's see who he is crying over
>>
>>976501
and oh yeah, last thread was here: >>956421
also, our discord is here: https://discord.gg/PqhFf
>>
>>976509
You kneel beside your father, and your younger self kneels on the opposite side of him. You both look up at the blank tombstone, then cast a sidelong glance at your father. "Father, you need to move on," your younger self says, and you find yourself echoing him.
Your father doesn't answer, still sobbing.

>Nudge him gently.
>Thump him.
>Repeat yourself.
>>
>>976501
>Cough politely
>>
>>976527

>Nudge him gently.

Pat his back a bit and stand up.
>>
>>976527
>Remain silent, give our father some time. Then lightly shake his shoulder.
>>
>>976541
Yeah let's go with this
>>
>>976540
>>976541
You give him a few moments, before gently shaking his shoulder, your younger self mirroring your actions. He still doesn't respond.

>Take Chester and Madeleine then leave him.
>Continue to wait.
>>
>>976544
>Continue to wait.
>>
>>976544
>Take Chester and Madeleine then leave him.

This must be like a dream or something.
>>
>>976544
>Continue to wait.
Flash back to how pop got into necromancy?
>>
>>976544

Continue to wait
>>
>>976544
>>Continue to wait.
>>
>>976546
>>976574
>>976580
>>976633
Sighing, you wait for several more minutes, before your father sniffs, and stands suddenly.
"C-Come along now, children. It's starting to rain." Your father, your younger self, Chester, and Madeleine all walk off into the darkness, leaving you by yourself with your tombstone. You sigh, and set a bouquet of flowers that you don't know where you found, on your mother's grave, then awaken with a start.
You rub your eyes, then look out the window. It's still dark outside.

>Lay back down.
>Go to the window. Your internal alarm clock is always perfect; you shouldn't be awake this early.
>>
>>976684
>Go to the window
>>
>>976684

>Lay back down.
>Go to the window. Your internal alarm clock is always perfect; you shouldn't be awake this early
>>
>>976692
pick one my goy
>>
>Go to the window.

Make sure the wards are still holding.
>>
>>976686
>>976731
You stand up, and go to the window, wincing when your bare feet touch the cold floor. You tentatively press your fingertip to the window, and when the brief contact shocks your finger, you retract it, content with your magical barrier. You glance out the window, up at the sky, and see nothing but dark, thundering clouds. Spooky.

>Now go lay back down.
>Keep looking around.
>>
Go to the window
>>
Keep looking around, keep that paranoia well honed
>>
>>976749
>Keep looking around.
>>
>>976749
Keep looking around
>>
>>976749
>>Keep looking around.
Check on Maddie, Then look in father's old room.
>>
>>976758
>>976758
>>976775
>>976803
>>976827
You sigh, looking around for a few moments, before turning and looking over at the bed. Madeleine is still asleep, face down. You tug on a pair of pants, then exit your room, looking up and down the hallway, before creeping down to your father's old room.

>Peek inside.
>Maybe you should reconsider; last time you did this, bad things happened.
>>
>>976886
Isn't father away from home?

>Peek inside
>>
Knock and then check, gotta give a courtesy knock.
>>
>>976886
>Peek inside.
>>
>>976886
>>Peek inside.
It's christmas, so we should at least put the presents under the tree.
>>
>>976890
He is, but you thought he was the last time you went in.
>>976908
>>976911
>>976916
You hesitantly knock. Again, the door slowly creaks open, and you poke your head inside. The room is completely dark.

>Magically light up the room.
>Light some candles.
>>
Light some candels... What could backfire with that?
>>
>>976928
>Magically light up the room
>>
>>976928
>Magically light up the room
>>
>>976971
>>976992
You snap your fingers, and several orbs of fire appear out of thin air. They slowly orbit around you as your poke around. When you open up your father's desk drawer, you find a notebook, with a black, velvety cover. For some reason, you start to feel sick to your stomach.

>Open the book.
>Come back to it later.
>>
>>977012
>Open the book.

This is starting to get pretty suspicious guys
>>
Open the book!
Oh course it's suss he's trying to become a lich... Maybe
>>
>>977012
>Open the book

At least it's not trying to talk just yet. It's probably a grimoire of some sort. Hopefully it holds answers to our father's whereabouts. Or perhaps about that mysterious 'man' he was talking to before we left for this place.
>>
>>977012
>Come back to it later.
Papa caught us last time, better to wait to get caught again.
>>
>>977025
>>977043
>>977044
>>977045
You pick up the book. Just before you open it, it growls at you, and your drop it with a girly squeak. You sigh, and take a moment to calm yourself. You pick the book back up, hesitantly.

>Open it now, don't be a bitch.
>Don't open it. What if there's something spooky inside?...
>>
>>977062
>Don't open it. What if there's something spooky inside?...
GET OUT
NOW
O
W
>>
>>977062
>Open it now!

Dearest dad, why did you buy the monster book of monsters?
>>
>>977062
>Open it now, don't be a bitch.

Curiosity may have killed the cat but we ain't a pussy!
>>
Leave it alone and come back another day. Do some research on what it could be
>>
File: F6b0h2v.gif (2MB, 550x278px) Image search: [Google]
F6b0h2v.gif
2MB, 550x278px
>>977086
>>977097
You open the book. You catch a glimpse of blank pages, just before a red blue flies out of the crevice between the pages, and punches you in the face. You fall back, releasing the book, but it hangs, suspended in midair. You look up, with your quickly swelling eye, and see that you were punched by a red fist. The fist gropes blindly, searching for something to hold on to.
>>
>>977108
just realized i didnt give any options, sorry i'm retarded))

>Leave the room.
>Attack the hand.
>>
>>977180
>Leave the room.
>>
>>977180
Kek.

>Attack the hand.

Possibly we can tame the book like they did and rib the spine.
>>
>>977180
>Attack the hand.
>>
Fight the book shut. It's Only a book.. how hard could it be?
>>
>>977196
>>977201
>>977217
You grumble, and wave your hand. One of the balls of fire shoots forward, burning the hand. It retracts, and you hear a howl of anguish, before the book falls, closing when it lands.

>Alright, now it should be safe. Pick the book back up
>Just leave.
>>
>>977246
>Just leave.
>>
We have been warned. Let's not fuck with the book ... Yet...
>>
>>977246
> Pick the book back up

If we can beat a bear ghost into submission then we can beat a book into submission.
>>
>>977267
>>977269
You shake your head, and stand up, quickly exiting the room. You huff when you're outside, and gently probe at your black eye. It hurts, and you wince. That was a mistake.

>Go get Madeleine to look at it.
>Ignore it, and go check on your shop. You haven't been down their in awhile.
>>
Check on the shop. Our eye will be fine
>>
>>977315
>Check on shop.
>>
>>977315
>Ignore it, and go check on your shop. You haven't been down their in awhile.

I regret nothing with that book.
>>
>>977323
>>977375
You sigh again, and make your way down the stairs. You walk around your shop, and decide to sit and stare out the front window for awhile, for no real reason. Eventually, Tragedy comes in and hops onto your lap. You notice that he's grown slightly, and that there seems to be a larger, hazy outline surrounding him at all times, but shrug and ignore it. You pat the bear's head, and drift off, sitting in your chair.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some time later, you're awoken by the front door slamming, and jeering shouts coming from inside. You hurry out of your shop, into the house, and see Chester collapse, clipping the side of the coffee table on his way to the floor. His shirt is torn, and there are bloodstains on his lower back. Someone begins repeatedly knocking on your door.

>Get the door.
>Check on Chester.
>>
>>977656
>Check on Chester

I hope it's not some damn gouls!
>>
>>977656
>Check on Chester.
>>
>>977668
>>977694
You kneel beside Chester, worried. Not knowing where to hold him, you gingerly grab a handful of his hair, and pull his head off of the floor. He looks worse than you do; both eyes are blackened, his nose is broken, and his lip is split. The knocking on the door grows with intensity.
"C'mon! Let us in! We just need to, ah.. talk, yeah, talk to that little whore of your's! You're not dead, are you? We was just messing around, we wom't hurt ya no more, promise!"

>Kick the door open.
>Roll to attack the door with _____ magic.
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>977725
Summon as many flame orbs as we can, open the door, and just fire away.
>>
>>977751
i was thinking of something more dramatic, like a giant ice spike shooting through the door and shish-kebabing whoever's on the other side
>>
>>977725
>Roll to attack the door with _____ magic.
Just make some quicksand outside the door to trap them, so we can talk.
If we kill them without a more legitimate excuse, more may come until we end up killing the whole town.
>>
>>977775
But it's our door.
Those things cost money.
CA$$H MONEY BBY
>>
>>977813
there is a porch, not dirt outside your door, what kind of porch-less shithole do you live in. if you want to talk to them just talk through the door.
>>
Prepare a wind spell, open the door, and blow them away. Once they're on the ground, encase them in earth.

We can talk to them afterwards. Or execute them. Either way.
>>
File: IMG_7494.png (743KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7494.png
743KB, 600x473px
>>977725

Magic.

I've magic. Let our emotions fuel the hatred. Freeze the outside porch and anyone who is on it. Our brother bleeds. They will not have the pleasure.
>>
>>977872
Ice magic. * not I've magic.
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>977872
God damnit! I keep forgetting to roll.
>>
>>977751
I'll go with this one, because it's the best roll))

Several orbs of flame appear, floating around your head, and you yank the door open. The men on the other side take a step back, surprised, and you attack in this moment of weakness. Most of them get away with only minor burns, and the worst injury is just a third-degree burn across the front man's stomach. Most of the men flee, and the ones remaining retreat a few feet.

>Do something to scare them off.
>Demand to know why they're here.
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>977925
More balls of fire, targeting those who are fleeing.
Keep two orbiting us in reserve in case the near get their balls back.
>>
>>977925
>"Why are you here and why is my brother like that?"
>>
Ask why they are here and whys your bro like that?
>>
>>977935
>>977942
"Why did you come here, and what did you do to my brother?"
None of them speak up. One tries to discreetly crawl away, so you walk over and kick him in his burnt stomach.
"Answer me!"
One of the men hurries to speak up.
"Our, out boss sent us, because one of his men went missing, and, uh, the last person he saw was that guy's s-sister. He told us to rough the guy up, to send a message, but we d-didn't mean to kill him. He ain't d-dead, is he?"

>Ignore his question, and send a message to their boss.
>"No, he's fine. He's actually going to turn out a lot better than the rest of you."
>>
>>977971
>"No, he's fine. He's actually going to turn out a lot better than the rest of you."

Hell yeah burn the fuckers.
>>
>>977971
>>
>>977971
Tell them to inform their boss he has gone for a stroll into the woods and where they can find him. (Lie about the real spot)
Also say we will take care of burnie man free of charge, and drag him back into the house.
>>
>>977977
>>977981
"No, he's fine. He's actually going to turn out a lot better than the rest of you." The man wheezing at your feet opens his eyes wider, just before you kick him again. You walk over, grab the other two men by their collars, and drag them out into the street before they can stop you. You wave your arms, surrounding them with walls of earth on all sides, then raise yourself on a pedestal, so that you can look down on them. They scrabble at their prison walls, panicking, before you surround them with fire. Just before they expire, you snap your fingers, and the fire goes out. They sit perfectly still, mostly intact, before you clap your hands, and the walls come crashing inwards, crushing the startled men. You then lower your hands, and the entire construct sinks into the ground, taking all traces of the murders with them.

>Now go back inside.
>Hunt down the rest of the men, before they can tell their boss what happened.
>>
>>978031
>Now go back inside.
Treat our brother, and use magic to move the bodies under the house to be accessed later.
>>
>>978058
This.
>>
>>978058
uh, there are no bodies, just blood and gristle. you could try making a flesh golem, though?...
>>
>>978073
I think he means the bodies in the ground. Or are they totally destroyed?
>>
>>978073
What would we him though?
Slick?
>>
>>978099
they are totally destroyed, yes. they weren't encompassed in the earth, they were crushed by it
>>
>>978120
Guess we should just go inside to treat our brother and call for our sister.
>>
>>978130
You wipe your hands off on your pants, then head back into the house, smiling slightly. You remember why you had to do that in the first place, and rush to your brother's side.
"Madeleine!" You shout. A few seconds later, she hesitantly answers.
"Yeeeees?..."
"I need you down here, right now!"
All of Chester's bruises have been covered in a light green salve, his nose has been set, and all of his cuts have been stitched shut. There was nothing she could do for the black eyes or his split lip.

>"Thank you, very much."
>Ask her if he's even going to survive.
>>
>>978220
>"Thank you, very much"
Do we have a basement?
If so draw the meat into it. If not start making one.
>>
>>978220
>"Thank you... You're staying here today, those goons were looking for their friend."

We should prepare for another fight since a few of them got away.
>>
>>978220
>>978239
>>978245
sorry im bitching out, but i just nodded off, so im going to sleep. meet me back here in the morning, by EST
>>
>>978220
>>Ask her if he's even going to survive.
gotta bantz da brother. Its good for morale so he's not so gloomy and bitter all the time.
>>
>>978239
>>978245
"Thank you, Madeleine."
"It's no problem, Daela-"
"Also, you'rr staying here today. Those goons were looking for their friend. The one that I took care of."
Madeleine nods slightly.
"I probably should have seen that coming."
"What? What do you mean?"
"That guy was a miner, and the man who employs them is kind of like a mob boss."
>"You didn't feel the need to tell me that sooner?!"
>"I see."
>>
>>979057
>"I see."

>>
>>979057
>>"You didn't feel the need to tell me that sooner?!"
Yay, I love surprises!
>>
>>979062
coin flipped)))

"I see," you say, lowering your voice.
"S-Sorry I didn't tell you sooner."
"It's fine. They most likely won't come back for some time. Go back to sleep, for now. I've got some work to do, down in the basement."
"We have a basement?"
"Not yet."
Madeleine nods, then pauses, narrowing her eyes.
"Wait, what?"
About two hours later, you poke your head up through the hole that you had to smash through the floor, and gasp for breath. Chester, sitting on the opposite side of the room, is pinching his nose shut.
"It smells like shit, even up here. What are you doing down there?"

>"Nothing."
>"Magic stuff."
>>
>>979146
Putting Humpty Dumpty back togethere again.
>>
>>979163
"I'm putting Humpty Dumpty back together again."
"What?"
"Nothing, go back to being incapacitated."
You take a deep breath, then drop back into the basement, and look around. The pile of flesh in the corner is starting to take shape, but the smell is too overpowering for you to work for extended periods of time.

>Get back to work.
>Take a longer break.
>>
>>979177
>Get back to work.
>>
>>979192
You hurry over to the mound of flesh, pulling on your gloves as you do. You dig your hands into the pile, pushing and pulling it into a human shape, albeit a good foot taller and wider than most humans tend to be. After about fifteen more minutes of working, and dry heaving, the shape is as human as it'stands going to get. You hurry back to the hole in the floor, hop up, grab the ledge, and pull yourself up, swallowing down bile as you do. You gulp down a few breaths of air, before rubbing your eyes and shaking your head.

>Now go look through your father's room again.
>Go down to the mines. Flesh golems are basically the same as other golems, right? Maybe the dwarf can help you.
>>
>>979210
>Now go look through your father's room again.
Try going into his room and calling out for him, to ask for advice.
>>
>>979214
my qm intuition tells me that your father is not interested in talking to you.
>>
>>979214
>>979217
i am a retard and forgot to enter my name into the name field, sorry boys. again, my qm intuition tells me that your father doesn't want to talk to you, and he sure as hell doesn't want to give you advice.
>>
>>979210
>>Now go look through your father's room again.
Don't touch the book tho, just see if there's anything else of use.

The Dwarf wasn't interested in helping us make a golem last time we casually asked.
>>
>>979580
You stand, sighing, and head up to your father's room. You start to enter, but find the door locked, and scowl.

>Kick it open. Stick it to the man.
>Try to pick the lock.
>>
>>979674
Kick that shit
>>
>>979674
>wood/metal bend the door open
>>
>>979800
can't do that, guy)))

You take a step back, and kick the door, just to the side of the handle, blowing it open. You then step inside, and look around again.

>Check in his desk again. You got a little sidetracked last time, and didn't finish the job.
>Look in other places.
>>
>Look somewhere else.

Check underneath the bed.
>>
>>979955

Seconding this
>>
>>979955
>>980214
You drop to your knees, looking into the darkness beneath your father's bed. You send a small fireball under the bed, but as soon as it starts to light up, the fire goes out. You try again, several times, but fail each time. It seems that you won't be able to magically light up the space beneath the bed.

>Put your hand in that shit.
>Look somewhere else.
>>
>>980463

>Try to move the bed aside
>>
>>980478
You push at the bed. It doesn't budge. You try several more times, and fail each time. The bed seems to be bolted to the floor.

>Give up.
>Put your hand under the bed.
>>
>>980534

Let's try cutting through the top of the bed then, putting a hand under there is definitely last resort
>>
>>980547
Water droplets condense in midair, then solidify into ice, and you bring the icicle down on the bed, attempting to cut into it. The ice melts, and the water evaporates when it hits the bed.

>Stick yo hand under tha bed
>Try something else.
>>
>>980582
Just stick your hand under there. We can just get a replacement if we lose it.
>>
>>980582
>Stick yo hand under tha bed

Well I ran out of ideas
>>
>>980592
hahah, that's what you think))
>>980620
You kneel, and shove your hand under the bed. Immediately, everything fades away, leaving nothing but blackness, and you making a stupid pose.
Several seconds later, you spy a light, far off in the distance, slowly growing closer. When the light and the person inside are close enough for you to see that the person is your father, you yelp, and yank your hand backwards. Everything falls back into place, and you sit for a moment, panting.

>Climb under there.
>Get the fuck out of this godforsaken room.
>>
>>980992
Get in there boi
>>
>>981007
do you want to get in there? or do you want to roll to take a step back, then slide under there, fist first, and sock your dad?
>>
>>980992

>Shove other furniture up against the edge of the bed and go back to searching the rest of the room
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>981016
Fuck it, rolling for dad-fisting.
>>
>>981045
You slide under the bed, bump your forehead on the bottom of the bed frame, appear back in the dark realm, and punch your father square in the shin. He yanks his foot back, catching you in the chin, and rubs his shin.
"What was that for? And more importantly, what are you doing here?!"

And, scene. I'll be back in the morning, EST, you nyikkas know the drill.
>>
>>981216

Thanks for running man
>>
>>981583
About two hours later, you drag yourself out from under the bed, blinking blood out of your eyes and struggling to breathe. You sit up, and flop backwards, resting against the bed.
Looking down at the empty space where your left leg used to be, you whine, and close your eyes.

>Just take a little nap.
>Call out for help, but you can't be sure anyone will hear.
>Try crawling towards the door.
>>
>>983238
If the leg-stump isn't bleeding, then
>Take a little nap.

If it is crawl to the door. No reason to waste energy screaming if no one's gonna hear us.
>>
>>983385
This
>>
>>983385

Yeah sounds good
>>
>Ghost over to Madeleine and have her come pick us up.

If that doesn't work,
>Try to call for help
>>
Is OP kill?
>>
>>985168
yes, op is rip, my day was a lot busier than expected, and now i'm too tired to write. check back in the morning
>>
File: IMG_7537.jpg (124KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7537.jpg
124KB, 600x410px
>>985943
Alright boss
>>
short hiatus, two days or less, sorry my niggas
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.