[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TRANSFORMER QUEST PART 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 39

File: tegaki.png (23KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
23KB, 800x800px
RECAP:
You are a mech called Autobots Assemble, but more commonly known as Arcee. After befriending a mech named Moverlord when he picked you up after you got your brain hacked, the two of you went on a quest to catch the hacker. After dealing with a crazed shareware Seeker who tried to steal some presumably important info, you found out from a friendly pawnbroker that the mnemosurgeon you're after is named Craniotomy and the data you hold is information on a mnemosurgery cult's members.

The psycho hooker's brothers then engaged in aerial combat with you, and after some breakneck stunts Moverlord (with at least a little help from you, you guess) defeated them.

When you found Craniotomy's hideout, you descended alone into the dark Kaon underground. Craniotomy faced you first with a remote-controlled amalgam of the mangled bodies of the two Seekers. After a tense and ugly battle, you caught up to Craniotomy himself, where you learned the true purpose of the cult - to operate and hack brains unhindered by any sort of moral or legal boundaries, in order to push the limits of mnemosurgery. You also learned why he hacked you in particular; when he tried to steal the data, you chopped off his hand, rendering him useless as a surgeon. Finally, you learned you were working for a group called the Iaconian Protection Force, to take down this cult.

Seeing how down and out Craniotomy was prompted you to adopt him and keep him around in case he proves useful. Now the three of you are on your way to Iacon.

Let's get this show on the road already!
>>
Old thread: >>38381
>>
Hey OP, how's it going
>>
>>70458

We should check/possibly for supplies at a rest stop before we hit Iacon so we're not totally out and end up needing some the moment we get in. Maybe get a slurpee for Craniotomy so hes not as depressing and less willing to offer us to the turbofoxes at the first chance lol
>>
File: tegaki.png (46KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
46KB, 800x800px
>>70854
(Things are goin' good.)
>>70858
You pull over at Mack Truck's Stop and load up on energon cubes and some packets of Mixed Nuts N' Bolts. You've still got a boatload of shanix from the sold wing - around 40 - and all your tanks are now full up.

You also buy Craniotomy a Slurpee cup. He mixes all the flavors, which looks nasty, but he seems content with the final product.
>>
>>71033
Alright, we should be good

Let's roll
>>
File: tegaki.png (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
57KB, 800x800px
>>71078
With full guts and a positive outlook in at least two members of the party, you roll into the Iacon city limits.

Looks a lot nicer than Kaon so far. So far, no prostitutes have accosted you. You take this as a good sign.
>>
>>71179
Does Crany know where we're going? I sure don't.
>>
File: tegaki.png (31KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
31KB, 800x800px
>>71245
Crany thought you knew where this place was, seeing as how you were working for them and all. You thought he knew from the fact that he was trying to evade these guys. He counters that he lived in the Kaon branch and has never been here in his life. You counter that he should have not fucked your brain.

Moverlord thought he was just driving around until someone saw a sign or whatever.
>>
>>71344
I guess just do that

Or we may have to ask someone. Damn it, we already pulled this back in Kaon, now we have to find another shady info guy
>>
File: tegaki.png (53KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
53KB, 800x800px
>>71355
You drive around until you spot a billboard for the Iacon Business Directory, in the Iacon Public Library, in the Iacon Main Square. Metro-patriotism abounds here, apparently. It's gonna be a drive halfway across the city, though.

Head to the Business Directory or seek it out on your own?
>>
>>71424
Head to the directory, that's what it's there for
>>
File: tegaki.png (46KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
46KB, 800x800px
>>71466
You flip a U-ey and head for the Iacon Main Square.

Did you forget to mention the traffic? Traffic is just terrible. You and Crany help Moverlord out where you can by staying low and flipping off other drivers. After a couple shouting matches involving a drunken pickup and several tourist four-wheelers driving on the sidewalk - and an agonizing couple hours sitting around and making aggravated noises into your hands while the guy behind you blares bass on his speakers - you've arrived at the Iacon Public Library.

You head in (Moverlord examining things through the window) and immediately are pointed to a sign that reads, among other things, Business Directory 4th Floor.
>>
>>71558
Let's find our guys. Protection Force, right?
>>
File: tegaki.png (29KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
29KB, 800x800px
>>71569
That's your guys. You set into the database to find them.

Oddly enough, they don't seem to be in here. There aren't any results for "Protection" and "Force" together in the files. You ask Craniotomy if he was absolutely sure that was the name of the business. He says if there's one thing he knew for sure, that would be it.

You ask the attendant at the desk whether this lists every business in Iacon. He says, well YES, unless you happen to be looking for something ILLEGAL. Which he HOPES you're not doing. Because he would have to ask you very politely to LEAVE.

You ask him whether private security forces are ILLEEEEEGAL. He doesn't appreciate your mocking tone one bit, sir, but he tells you that if the firm obtains a license to operate and clears all jobs with the Iacon Police Force first, then they're not illegal. He asks you for the name of the company you're looking for, but Craniotomy grabs your arm and shakes his head no.

The attendant makes eye contact with some security guards.
>>
>>71614
Fine, we'll just go find another shady informant, then

Gonna have to get used to this shit, it seems
>>
File: tegaki.png (36KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
36KB, 800x800px
>>71627
Looks like these security guards want to give you a run for your shanix.

Fight or flee?

(Sorry for the slow updates tonight. Tech trouble. I gotta head to bed soon too.)
>>
>>71700
These punks? We can clobber em real quick. Just look at the left one. Scrawny as fuck legs
>>
File: tegaki.png (28KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
28KB, 800x800px
>>71708
Scrawny Legs sees you eyeing his legs. He says he benches mechs twice your weight with these legs every day.

You decide to take him up on his word.

Crany is watching the other guard advance on him.
>>
>>71761
He's top heavy. It'll be easy to pull a so long gay Bowser on him. Swing him right round, then toss him into the other guy
>>
File: tegaki.png (27KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
27KB, 800x800px
>>71775
So long, Scrawny Legs.

You catapult him into Tiny Head and Crany dives out of the way. The attendant dives behind the desk shrieking and yelling into a receiver HE NEEDS THE IACON POLICE, help, NOW.

You grab Crany and scramble before the cops arrive.
>>
>>71830
CHEESE IT, BOYS
>>
tegaki.png
36KB, 800x800px
>>71851
You and Crany vault onto Moverlord and he guns it. The traffic let up some after the work shift, so you're dodging people left and right, but no dead ends yet. You duck an overpass, hang on as Moverlord takes a corner at way over recommended speed, and generally behave like felons disturbing the Iaconian peace and prosperity.

You round another corner as a police car behind you rear-ends a double wide truck, causes an impromptu roadblock and everyone starts screamin' and cussin' like wild turbofoxes.

You decide it would be good for you all to lay low for a bit.

(Good night! Really gotta get to bed now. Also, damn wind messing with my Internet connection.)
>>
>>71879
That actually works out perfectly, wherever we find to hide will probably have other bots hiding too. One of them might know where to find our mysterious organization

Night, OP.
>>
>>71885
bumping with vote to check our fuel levels when we're done running from the coppers

we've probably expended a lot of energy
>>
tegaki.png
27KB, 800x800px
>>73861
Your tanks hold a lot, but that struggle through traffic and the brawl and subsequent chase burned off a good amount of fuel, about 20%. You top up before finding a place to hide out.
>>71885
You descend into a tunnel that looks marked with more graffiti than Iaconian cleanliness standards would allow. You find what looks like a prison with no bars, or the world's worst motel. Apparently this is where mechs with no place to go end up.

Good Primus, and here you thought Crany was depressing.
>>
>>78025
Find one that looks like he'll talk

We need someone to point us in the right direction
>>
File: tegaki.png (20KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
20KB, 800x800px
>>78137
Most of these people are unresponsive or just don't know anything, but this begoggled dude with a relaxed 'tude looks friendly enough. You ask him but he doesn't reply. Thinking maybe he can't hear you, you speak more loudly into his ear.

Oh wait, he was actually asleep. You just accidentally woke him up. The goggles really do something.

After some surprise and an apology, you learn that he's just living in this part of town because the rent is nonexistent, but he works for an (illegal) artillery company that deals with, among other things, private security companies. He doesn't know this particular one, but he can get you to his boss who can probably get you there or at least call up a representative.

He tells you to bear in mind his boss will probably shoot you if you're cops in disguise. You say fair enough.
>>
>>78383
Lead the way
>>
>>78383
ask him if he knows any good places to pawn off some stuff in town incase we wind up with some loot
>>
File: tegaki.png (24KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
24KB, 800x800px
>>78523
You follow Goggles to an alleyway entrance for what looks like a small cafe, but with a nod to the bouncer, Goggles leads you down a hallway to a nice-looking lobby. He brings you through a waiting room and into what looks to be the employee area.
>>78655
While you're waiting around Goggles' desk for the boss to show up, you ask where you can pawn stuff off. He knows of a place called Hot Wheels, not far from here. Guy who runs it actually knows a lot of things.

As you talk, the boss himself appears. The first impression is the one you have to nail.
>>
>>78774
Sorry for leaving you hanging OP, something came up

Nice to meet you. We're looking for a certain organization that is apparently not so savory. They have answers we need. We were told that, as the boss around here, you are the bot to talk to about such matters. Could we take just a bit of your time to ask some questions?
>>
tegaki.png
27KB, 800x800px
>>79569
YOU WANNA FIND SOME UNSAVORY BUSINESS, PUNK? ASK YOUR QUESTIONS TO MY DOUBLE-BARRELED ROCKENADE LAUNCHER

You don't remember, but you don't think you had to go through this when you got your job.
>>
>>79817
Can your rocketnade launcher tell me where to find the Iaconian Protection Force? My business is with them.
>>
File: tegaki.png (32KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
32KB, 800x800px
>>79899
YOU THINK I CAN'T TELL A COP, COP?

Goggles interjects and tells his boss he's sure you're not cops. Being that one of you is missing a hand and another is kind of peering through the window and smudging up the glass with his face.

The boss is still sure HIS ROCKENADE LAUNCHER CAN LAUNCH YOUR AFTS RIGHT TO THEIR DOORSTEP IF HE EVEN GETS A HINT OF COP BUSINESS.

Cutting the yelling and many words, he says that he's not going to endanger one of his business partners. He'll tell Goggles the address and Goggles will get you there. After DA BOSS calls ahead and informs the Protection Force of the arrival of the four of you, of course.

AND WOE UNTO YOU IF YOU TRY ANYTHING, SCRAPBAG.

(S'all good by the way.)
>>
>>80089
Then I guess we'll have to play nice

Take us there, goggles
>>
File: tegaki.png (34KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
34KB, 800x800px
>>80148
Once you get out of the building with a few more warnings, Goggles leads you around the block a few times - to throw you off the trail, according to him, and he's just following his boss' demands, so sorry - you arrive at a shady alley that's probably going to open up into a nice business with a good interior design. And open up it does.

The guy at the front security desk stares at you. When you stare back and eventually say hey, he grumbles something about you being a rudeass that can't bother to remember the name of the guy who he passes by every day.

You just got your brain wiped, jerk. See if you would remember your coworkers' names after that.

(Ack, sorry. Really not feeling it tonight. Would you mind if we just continued tomorrow?)
>>
>>80525
Well, explain that you got your brain wiped. Don't mention Crany did it, though

Sure thing, OP. I'll see you then
>>
>>80525

Id say dont mention the total brain wipe thing just yet, just mention minor things like names abd sone details abd shit. Admitting we're running on total amnesia is a good way to get jumped

(Have a good night OP!!)
>>
Oh boy, can't wait for this to continue
>>
tegaki.png
34KB, 800x800px
>>80560
>>81182
You're about to give this guy a piece of your blank-ish mind about how he wouldn't remember your name if he was mindwiped, but then you see Crany looking nervous while Goggles stands by, and you reconsider who should know you've got very little idea about what's going on here.

Instead, you tell Joe you and these other guys have to get in right now because you bet he didn't even notice that you haven't been in to work these last few days, and you've got some important information that's got to get to someone pronto.

He can't even believe your nerve right now, because his name is not even close to Joe. He motions you through the organic detector anyway and he buzzes you in.

>>82440
(Well said, friend. Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case shut up.)
>>
>>87487
Make sure to look around real close at everything, try and take in anything that might either jog your memory or help you bluff like you know shit
>>
File: tegaki.png (30KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
30KB, 800x800px
>>87523
You peer around thoroughly but not enough to make yourself seem like a potential burglar. The halls are pretty blank of anything that might cause some recall, but you stop in a common room that you... think you knew was there.

There's a broken chair and a fridge with some food in it. The energon cube with your nametag is empty, which irritates you and yet you have a feeling that deep down you expected this. There's a mailbox for physical documents and datapads, and you find your name on one of the slots.

You find a pink slip.

...are you SERIOUS?

What are you gonna do now?
>>
>>87816
Well, we take it to the boss and ask for an explanation. Perfect opportunity to gather info
>>
>>87816
check the mailbox and see if there more mail
and also check the fridge
>>
File: tegaki.png (25KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
25KB, 800x800px
>>90398
You riffle through the mailbox and find a lot of stuff that's not yours. However, you do find a file on the mnemo cult, with a lot of pictures of their symbol drawn here and there. Some locations you recognize from Kaon, but none from Iacon.

You also check the fridge and let your instincts guide you on whose lunch to take in vengeance.

>>87839
Goggles pats you on the shoulder and says that's rough, mech. Can we go now?

No. No, we will absolutely not be going now. We are going to find out why you got fired.

You march down to where you know your boss' office was and knock.

(Sorry, I had to step out for a while.)
>>
>>90680
Sir, what is the meaning of this? Why was I let go?
>>
File: tegaki.png (28KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
28KB, 800x800px
>>90725
"Hey, Arcee. Good to see you back."

He takes a puff of his cygar.

"Hey, hey, before you say anything - I actually expected that you might get targeted for carrying the information to Kaon. If you got hit, we were gonna send out a retrieval team, return your memory to its normal state, and then try again with another runner. It's not like that cult ain't got that information on its members already, right? We just needed to get it to our Kaon branch."

"You're a good mech and a good worker. That pink slip didn't make it into your inbox when you got hit. It didn't come when you didn't show up to work the next couple days. It was gonna take a lot more than that."

"My sources say you got into some trouble in Kaon. That's all fine, everyone gets into trouble in Kaon. It's a troublesome place. And hey, you seemed to be on the trail of the guy who hit you, so why should anyone have stopped you?"

"Then you went looking for the cult, I guess. You had the data on these guys. I have the data on these guys. I know who they are, you shoulda too."

"So you found the guy who hit you. You know you got a responsibility to somebody to stop these guys, even if you didn't know who you were working for."

"So what do you do? You friggin adopt the guy into your team. And I get a call that you're bringing him to your job and you expect me to turn a blind eye."

He crushes out that cygar.

"That's your pink slip. That's the shit that's not gonna fly."
>>
>>90935
Tell your boss to suck on your robo-dick.
>>
>>90935
It was that or leave him to rust in the underground. The latter didn't sit right with me
>>
File: tegaki.png (21KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
21KB, 800x800px
>>90960
>>90990
Fighting the urge to tell your boss to suck on something that's probably illegal to whip out in Iacon, you tell him your moral misgivings about letting Crany die slowly in the Kaon underground. That it didn't sit right.

"Did you forget? Hey, maybe you did forget - you're PAID to let it sit right. Or you were. You're not really convincing me to give you your job back here, Arcee."

"But I think you know what would. It would be the right thing.

"I'd even make it quick. Just for you."
>>
>>91138
"Protection Force". You need to protect people from broken bots like this? Nah, I'm good. You can keep it.
>>
tegaki.png
31KB, 800x800px
>>91169
"Like this? Nah, not this one. He's only bonus points right now. But just think of all the buddies he has. That was quite a list of names, right? And all of them want to be free to tamper with anyone's brain they happen across."

"Think about what he would have gone on to do if he wasn't with you right now. You think you would've been the last one? If you think so, you must've been injected with some A-grade stupid."

"We protect who we're hired to protect. Think about all those innocents. Think about the signs drawn in energon."

"Just hand him over. That's all I ask. It'll be painless - you won't even have to watch."
>>
>>91339
Oh, I'm sure he'd have kept going. But now he can't. Who would you be protecting if you scrapped him right now? Nobody. It's not happening.
>>
File: tegaki.png (20KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
20KB, 800x800px
>>91368
"Sure, sure. I guess I gave you more than all the chances you wanted."

The door slides open.

"Security, kill 'em both. Oh, but leave the goggles guy, I gotta return him."
>>
>>91476
Welp, we're done here. Book it to Moverlord. Knock shit over as you leave to slow them down
>>
tegaki.png
34KB, 800x800px
>>91491
You BOOK IT, knocking some of the security guards down as you sprint with your elbows forward, practically dragging Crany along like he's the ball and you're trying to score a goal in the precipitous game of "keep everyone alive."

There are gunshots after you. The first few miss you but one grazes your shoulder, and you shove Crany in front, transforming and taking his legs out from under him as you race toward the exit.

You yell for Moverlord to also BOOK IT, and you pull Crany up on top of him.

You wonder what happened to Goggles. At least you both made it out of oh no.
>>
>>91621
Aw shit. We probably gotta find some shady back alley mechanic quick, huh? Won't be safe in a regular place.

Patch ourselves up as well as well as we can, keep from dying while Moverlord finds a place.

Man, it's a good thing Moverlord is in good shape, he can keep an eye out for those guys while we get fixed, since they're sure to be after us.
>>
File: tegaki.png (24KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
24KB, 800x800px
>>91655
Your first thought is "hospital" but that idea's quickly squashed. Too visible. There'll be questions. You tell Moverlord you'll keep a lookout for pursuers while he searches for a back-alley clinic.

You slap a patch of scrap on your shoulder, which should hold for now, but you don't know what to do for Crany's wound. Patch it up? That'll keep his energon inside him, but not where it needs to be. You heard of a guy who drowned his joints in energon from ignoring an internal wound. But leaving it as it is just isn't an option. You reach in the torn hole - oh Primus, if you've ever had to deal with this before, now would be a good time to remember - and pinch the line.

Primus just clinic clinic clinic now please.

And those are definitely some high-power engines behind you.
>>
>>91724
We're not in too bad of shape. We can run a distraction. We'll be glad we can transform into something as small as a microscope.

Here's the plan. Moverlord gets Crany out of here, we make ourselves visible just long enough to get them to head after us. Then, as we go, we keep an eye out for anywhere we can slip into. Broken grate, whatever. Morph into microscope mode and fall in. So now the pursuers are off both the trails.

We can handle ourselves long enough for this to work.
>>
File: tegaki.png (37KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
37KB, 800x800px
>>91796
You crimp the fuel line with another piece of scrap - you hope it holds - and explain the plan to Moverlord. He understands.

You jump off his back and transform into cart mode, ready to gun it when the security guys come around the corner. Meanwhile, Moverlord disappears around a turn and the sound of his engine fades into the noise of Iacon traffic. You hope he can find somewhere to help Crany.

As your pursuers come around the corner, they're yelling insults at you. They remember you, so this is personal.

Too bad for them it's personal for you now.

(I'm gonna sleep now, be back tomorrow! Great night.)
>>
>>91902
Night OP, having fun here
>>
Wait, won't this hit autosage soon due to the time limit again?
>>
>>93877
bumping for saving thread
>>
File: tegaki.png (19KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
19KB, 800x800px
>>93877
(Crap, you're right. And because of a couple long days this didn't have nearly as many posts as the other one. That time limit is a bitch.)
>>98736
(Thanks anon. Another long day.)

>>91902
You weave through traffic until you spot a loose drain cover in an alley. You pry it up and TransfoRoll in, knocking the cover down on top of you.

You count the cars going by, and you think that's all of them. Moverlord and Crany should be safe, you hope.

It's pretty disgusting down here, not to mention eerie. There's some junked parts lying half-sunken in liquid, with waste sludge dripping into the larger sewer opening below. You think you saw eyes. Feels like someone's watching you. Also feels like that patch fell off your shoulder.
>>
>>99097
Well, we can't stay here forever. Better to get out ourselves than get grabbed. Then it's time to go full stealth mode. No busy streets, eyes in the back of your head type shit. We've got a lot of fucking ground to cover if we're searching for the others.

Also throw another patch on there, think we've still got a few.
>>
Out of curiosity, why are we so adamant Crany lives, anyway? He was working for a murder mind rape cult and has enthusiastically sent the desecrated remains of the dead against us in an attempt to kill us, as well as a hooker assassin with sharp teeth.
>>
>>99608
I figured it'd be more interesting. As opposed to just "Sure, here, kill him." Wasn't exactly jumping to get back to work for guys I had no info on anyway.
>>
tegaki.png
27KB, 800x800px
>>99196
With some difficulty, you pry up the grate by lying flat and pushing against it, then transforming back and sort of flipping out of the sewer. By this time you are totally covered in muck and slime. You patch your wound, trying to clear some of the filth out first.

You have no idea where Moverlord and Crany found shelter. Your best bet is to search in a kind of grid pattern and staying out of the area you think was your old stomping grounds.

Moving quickly, quietly, and constantly gives you a lot of time alone with your thoughts. The conversation with your ex-boss keeps running through your head. What kind of horrific stuff were you doing before you got wiped? Hopefully not much, but you have a sinking feeling.

Your shoulder is throbbing by the time you finally reach some kind of a clinic. You don't know if it's the right one, but they've all gotta be in cahoots, right?

>>99608
>>99633
(Chiming in, that was something I wasn't expecting to happen.)
>>
>>99732
First thing's first, we need to get patched up before we try and get any info.

They should just do the work if we give the cash, but stay wary anyway.
>>
File: tegaki.png (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
72KB, 800x800px
>>99769
The doctor says you just put a hell of a mess into your lines, buddy. He'll patch it up and then inject a little something to stop that growing infection.

You might notice something a little the face of silent punches bottle the electric current events and the both of your toes in the sandpaper it down smooth like bad paint in your eyes falling out

Two hours later, you remember how to count and you pay the guy.
>>
>>99935
Now that that's out of the way, let's see if they'll cough up any info on their compatriots so we can check their places
>>
File: tegaki.png (18KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
18KB, 800x800px
>>100020
In between patients, the doc gets on the line with a couple of his pals. Seems one of them got a patient in with a gunshot wound and there's a really big guy parked outside his clinic. He'll gladly give you the address, because any enemy of those awful private protection companies is a friend of his.

You cough and say yeah sure. What kind of mech would even work for one of those places anyway? Ha ha.
>>
>>100087
Thanks, Doc.

We head off stealthily once more. Did we fill up on energon while we were here?
>>
tegaki.png
27KB, 800x800px
>>100122
You got enough energon to replace what you bled out, but the doc can't spare enough to top up every patient. You're at about 50% after all the chasing and transforming. With Moverlord carrying most of the stores, you'll be fine once you reach him and Crany.

You stealth out of there after thanking the doc again.

After some ducking and dodging some guys you thought you recognized, you make it to the clinic where Moverlord is parked. You guys catch up on what happened and Moverlord tells you the doctor here found out that the bullets had a slow-release acid in them. That's what made the patch not stick. It's lucky that you washed it out with slop and then got to a clinic pronto, but Crany had to get opened up from neck to gut. On the bright side, the doc was able to rig up a rudimentary claw hand for him. It'll never play a symphony, but it's better than nothing.

You enter the clinic.

Crany is lying on a bed. There's weld marks all along the hole, which is now a lot bigger. He's staring up at the ceiling and doesn't respond when you come in.

You're about to cough or something to announce your presence when, in a very quiet voice, he says he's sorry he kind of wrecked your life.
>>
>>100305
It must not have been that great, those guys were assholes. Plus I'd say I wrecked your life at least as hard.

But we still both have ours, don't we? As long as we keep clinging onto life, we can make something of it.

Welp, no reason to stay in town here anymore. Once you're feeling up to it, let's head back to Moverlord's place. We can chill with him for a while before we decide what to do. I imagine we've both got a lot of thinking ahead of us.
>>
tegaki.png
31KB, 800x800px
>>100378
He says that's a fair point. Also the doctor says the welds are fine to move carefully and the acid should be out of his system by now.

He likes that plan. Let's go.
>>
>>100533
Let's hear Moverlord's thoughts on all this, if we're gonna be imposing on him. We haven't heard his opinion of all this business.
>>
File: tegaki.png (22KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
22KB, 800x800px
>>100553
He says if he didn't want you guys hanging out at his place he'd have told you to get your own ride home.

He'd like the company, really. He didn't get a lot of it before he met you. When you make a decision, he'll come along if you want, as long as you're not still at his place ten months from now eating all the food and playing intranet games all day.
>>
>>100600
TEN MONTHS LATER

jk, let's chill for a while, but start looking up shit to do. Did we ever find out exactly what Arcee did? Was he just a courier?
>>
tegaki.png
36KB, 800x800px
>>100625
So far you know you were just a courier for that particular mission, but you still have an uneasy feeling about what you may or may have not done while you were still employed. "You're paid to let it sit right" in particular unsettles you.

You make a list.

It's not much of a list, but you covered a lot of things with "food" and "money". You plan on being very careful about the jobs you take from now on.
>>
>>100726
Oh yeah, fix brain. Should probably make that priority numero uno.

Does Crany have any buddies that could do it? Preferably ones that wouldn't fuck around with it for shits and giggles and actually put it right? Might be something to look into.
>>
File: tegaki.png (30KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
30KB, 800x800px
>>100753
You ask Crany if he knows anyone that would fit that description.

He explains that the majority of people in the group didn't actually perform moral atrocities on people they caught on the street after dark. They mostly just tinkered around, experimented a little, and then put things back where they found them. On people they caught on the street after dark, but still.

He bets he could contact a couple that could undo a quick overall wipe pretty easy. Next priority? You pretty much spent all your shanix fixing you and Crany. You have about 4 left, in fact. And you don't want to mooch off Moverlord's generous fridge too long. And that game of Hangmech isn't going to solve itself.
>>
>>100820
Well, there's gotta be something we're good at. Like investigation or something. Microscope form has got to be pretty rare, right? Kind of hard to think of a job to try and get when you don't remember your skills.

Did Crany think about what he wanted to do yet?
>>
tegaki.png
27KB, 800x800px
>>100850
You don't think you actually knew any other microscopes. At least, thinking about it doesn't give you an uneasy feeling, which seems to be your meter for measuring what you did Before. Investigation is a good idea though, if you can find anything to investigate.

Crany hasn't really considered what he wants to do, but what he can do is very intricate work, at least with one hand. Working with minute details is just his style. Maybe he can work at doing circuits or things, or machinery if that doesn't pan out. He could probably make something out of that wingless dead Seeker that Moverlord is still hauling around, but you think it might be best to leave that alone until other options have been exhausted.

Moverlord brings up the point that he lives near the crossroad of three cities, all of which are pretty far to commute for a regular job. The bright side is that people pass by every day, and most of them need something done. Odd jobs might be the ticket to making a temporary living here.

Moverlord also now remembers the dead Seeker, and goes to clean out his compartments and take a shower.
>>
>>100961
Aw shit, I got an idea. Microscope. Minute details. We could team up with Crany for maximum efficiency. Not sure about exactly how, but I think I'm on to something.

But it's too late for me to come up with a good idea. I need to go to bed. See you tomorrow, OP.
>>
File: tegaki.png (21KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
21KB, 800x800px
>>100984
Aw yeah. Cooperation fistclaw bump.

(See you tomorrow!)
>>
>>101013
bumping for asking crainy about what mods he has in his hand so we can see if the info fist is still useful in our odd jobs questt
>>
>>102082
(we've been auto saged)

the end is nigh
>>
>>102082
adding on to that see if the hot wheels guy we heard about earlier has any work for us
>>
tegaki.png
36KB, 800x800px
>>102082
>>102164
Crany doesn't have much in his hands besides mnemosurgery needles and nerve wires, and an emergency transmitter shutoff in case someone's brain is disagreeable. He's also got a couple tiny compartments for storage, but he left them empty last he remembers.

The attached data stick you can use on any old computer, but you've heard of mods that allow people to read data sticks on their HUDs. The hand still won't work, but if he ever needed to call up a list of all his cohorts quickly, it would be useful. Obtaining a mod like this is a whole other story. Spendy and rare is the mod that lets you work database programs like this inside your brain.

Hot Wheels guy, if he's anything like Hot Wings guy, could probably find you employment but not unless you plan to go back to Iacon and spend time evading your old coworkers.

(New thread time soon.)
>>
>>105213
Well then, Hot Wings guy would be the one to go to for jobs like that, in that case. Should probably just do a few for him until we get a bit of money together and get the ol brain fixed.
>>
>>105278
(Sorry for absence yesterday. Autosage works damn slow on this board, doesn't it? Reply will be in new thread later.)
>>
>>107144
New thread >>107659
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.