[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QM Write Center Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Game Table.jpg (338KB, 900x756px) Image search: [Google]
Game Table.jpg
338KB, 900x756px
Heya! Inspired by the Quest General Thread, I thought we should have a thread where QMs could share our writing, familiarize ourselves with different styles, and ultimately improve our ability to wrote engaging pieces- or action-filled, comedic, whatever your goal is. The idea is to first brainstorm promising concepts (normal players encouraged to participate) and then the QMs write snippets based on that concept. We'll have multiple pieces from different QMs to use as reference points as well as provide feedback/constructive criticism to one another. I encourage that we build in one another's snippets.

This is also a great chance to learn new writing styles from other QMs who use them, and so test them here in the snippet that you write. Players interested in becoming QMs (I'm a new QM myself) can also participate, trying their hand in writing and learning from the veterans of quest mastering.and writing. A lot of this is being optimistic, I'm aware. It may fail horribly and descend into an autismal fit of rage fuck. Or maybe worse, pass silently in the glacial plodding of /qst/. That would be embarrassing. But let's make it happen if it can.

1st step: brainstorm a write idea/concept
>>
You are in one of those fantasy worlds where therever is a resistance trying to overthrow an evil kingdom but you don't star as the hero MC instead you are just a regular side character who is just a regular solider for the resistance.
>>
>>507301
Change from resistance to evil kingdom
>>
How about a world idea that I've had sitting in my head for a while.

So it's basically a pseudo realistic fantasy world with the main twist on powers and shit being these gems that hold/amplify power, I'll elaborate.

These gems can only be filled with a spark and channel only one type and specificity of power/what's described bellow this section, some are harder to manifest than others for obvious reasons, as it requires overwhelming projection of that thing. Also within the three types of gem powers and shit, there is some overlap between one level and the other depending on the subject matter, I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up.

So the first type is the ultra rare, assumed to be myth and largely non existent type of gem that holds within it the manifestation and well... Kind of soul? Basically a force of nature. Super fucking op because your manipulating a direct and overarching aspect of the world. Assumed to be impossible to manifest because you'd literally have to be one with what your talking about, essentially becoming a god. Thematically speaking the world should use these gems in most if not all religious scriptures, cause it makes sense.

Second type of gem power thing is the manifestation of a concept or idea, such as justice or charity or favoritism. These are not as powerful as forces of nature, however there is some distinction to be made. Death is technically a force of nature, but it can also be interpreted in many numbers of ways, however none of the interpretations of death can ever hope to match the scope of the very being of death. Therefore the idea and interpretation of death is an extremely powerful second tier gem, but in technical terms if a first rate death gem existed then it would hold ultimate dominion and supremacy over just the idea or human perception of death.

The third is the easiest to manifest and grow over time, but quite obviously the weakest. Emotion. Emotion gems can be triggered and filled under a variety of circumstances, tragedy usually developes into fear, rage, anxiety or malice though if sufficient enough can manifest as the idea of tragedy. Though again ideas and concepts are tier two and generally more sophisticated and powerful than just emotions.

So yeah I could elaborate more, though that takes the fun out of improvising a bit on other qm's parts if they just get a full template. these can be implemented as a major world building cornerstone in either a low or high fantasy setting depending on tweaks. Hope ya found it noice.
>>
>>508136
>>>/co/
>>
File: image.gif (558KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
558KB, 500x274px
>>511318
>>
>>511318
are you retarded?
>>
>>512149
>>513689
It seems that you are. >>>/trash/
>>
Sorry, was in a writer's slump due to some stressors in life. It seems it.didnt really attract any QMs.
>>507301
I'll try this anon's first
>>508136
Holy. Shit.
>>
>>507301

The sky is black tonight.

All is silent and cold.

It is well past sunset, the designated curfew for all civilians. Young, old, crippled or homeless. Pitiless guards patrol the streets as chilling fog sweep across the province. It never enters homes. Always outside. Always. Swirling in silent pleasure and dancing in ominous glee- the Lord Emperor’s mystical warden. If the guards don't catch you outside past curfew, it is always the fog. Silent, swift, and decisive. Never again will one see the unfortunate soul. Ever.

The Lord Emperor's soldiers themselves do not need to fear it. So long as they are loyal.

You have no name. You are a soldier. A loyal dog under the feet of the Lord Emperor.

You march when commanded.

You speak when commanded.

You guard when commanded.

You fight when commanded.

You eat when commanded.

You live when commanded.

You die when commanded.

You have been commanded to guard the gates to the palace. A towering construct of black spires like jaws of a monstrous behemoth. There are no ranks among guards. Only those who are unquestioningly loyal and those who are dead. But some would say this is an honour. Guarding the first gates of the very palace of the Lord Emperor. Not that he needs it, no. He is powerful. Absolute. A god. But no, this is no honour. This is torture. There must be no mistakes. There must be no ease. No luxury. No respite. An entire day without break or rest or food. All under the watchful eye of the Lord Emperor. He does not need to look to see. No. And even now do you feel a crippling force perched atop your shoulders, gently but threateningly caressing your neck. Waiting for you to make a mistake. And to snap it.

So you stand there. I'm your cold armor than cloaks your colder body. Your finger feel numb, grasped around a lengthy halberd. You are hungry. You are cold. You are in pain. But you will not surrender to them. For if you do, you surrender your life. No utterance of your woes, no reflection of your discomfort, as you stand in perfect order beside your co-guard. You do not know his name. Nor does he know yours.

Neither of you have a name to speak of.

Or the freedom to grant yourselves such a luxury.

No one can challenge the Lord Emperor. But there always will be some. Now, a resistance has formed within the city. They had attempted an attack on the barracks of the eastern wall a week ago. Only to be slaughtered en masse. Their general was hung on display in the public square. Everyone was mandated to attend. But even now, they do not relent. Civilians whisper in streets. They must not do so. It is treason. The ones you and other catch are slaughtered on the spot. But still. The names is uttered.

Savior.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.