[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 49

File: qtg.png (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
qtg.png
66KB, 500x500px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/p43nAY7b
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/0zE5SDpEB4RQRNyY

>QM Question
To the aspiring QMs out there: What's stopping you from running that game you've got fermenting in your head? If you need help or suggestions, mention it in your post!

>Player Question
Dice: Do you like them? If so, how much is too much, as far as their use is concerned?
If not, do you have a substitute? Do you just prefer straightforward roleplay or problem solving?

>Bonus Question
Preferred setting? Tone? Bright, happy fantasy? Dark, gritty sci-fi? Brutal, visceral realism? What settings and tones really strike a chord with you?
>>
File: maxresdefault9-1024x576.jpg (124KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault9-1024x576.jpg
124KB, 1024x576px
>Player Question
>Dice: Do you like them? If so, how much is too much, as far as their use is concerned?
I prefer dice because nothing but success can get pretty boring. Added tension through dice can really make a quest fun.

>Bonus Question
>Preferred setting? Tone? Bright, happy fantasy? Dark, gritty sci-fi? Brutal, visceral realism? What settings and tones really strike a chord with you?
I prefer Darker fantasy settings but nothing gritty or brutal. I would like to see a quest based in the Night Angel Trilogy setting.

>Quest Plug
>>340173
New Overlord Quest Thread has begun. Heroes recently defamed and defeated what will be our next course of action?
>>
File: 1462215893690.gif (334KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
1462215893690.gif
334KB, 750x422px
>>340189
>QM Question
I just finished with /qst/ quest, and I want to do a Ace Attorney style quest but I'm still coming up with the cases. I don't know if to use classic AA characters or to make up OCs. Case ideas are welcome.

>Play Question
Dice is fine, just don't use it so much it slows the quest down. That's one of the problems I had when QMing for /qst/ quest, the dice rolls slowed down the quest dramatically.

>Bonus Question
I like a lightheartedness but also when a quest can be serious, and it feels like there's something at stake even if the setting is silly. My favorite settings are modern or slightly into the future.
>>
File: hi.png (6KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hi.png
6KB, 500x500px
>Bonus Question
Personally, I like a good mixture of joviality and darkness, though I'm always a sucker for drawquests with cute characters.
I guess that preference presents itself in my little quest going on right now.
>>338680

Join me for some cyborg rabbit ninjas?
>>
Am I the only one that feels like the 3-day autosaging is dumb? I feel like it should just be removed, it just makes the bottom of the catalog full of dead threads.
>>
>>340330
A board solely made for quests will always have a catalog full of dead threads. There isn't enough activity for 10 pages.
>>
File: 1387195142844.jpg (27KB, 403x269px) Image search: [Google]
1387195142844.jpg
27KB, 403x269px
>tfw your favorite quest is dead

what it's name /qst/?
>>
>>340354
Greentext Quest
Gtop is gone nowhere to be found
>>
>>340354

3 kingdoms quest

Potentially both versions
>>
A reminder: Dungeon Life Quest will be continuing on Thursday, July 7th, at approximately 1 PM EST. I look forward to seein' folks there.
>>
>>340189

>QM Question
I've got a LOT of work to do beforehand. Working on a combat system without dices was a tad bit harder than expected.

>Player Question
Only for sillyness, like rolling to seduce an elder tentacle archfiend.

>Bonus Question.
Happy fantasy with visceral realism and airships. Coming soon!
>>
>>340238
>Night angel trilogy

Literally thought about how that would work earlier today. Not sure what to do about a story, though.
>>
>>340391
Probably the easiest would be a "past" life of durzo
>>
>>340396
I was thinking maybe Kyler's apprentice. Or someone hunting for a Ka'kari. There's also enough cultures and other world stuff you wouldn't even have to touch the plot of the trilogy
>>
>>340354
I was enjoying Pointy Things. It just disappeared and the second thread didn't get archived at suptg.
>>
>>340390
A combat system without dice?
Mind explaining how that works a little? If only to possibly get some help from other Anons?
I'm intrigued!
>>
Also question for anyone.
How do you do the color/spoiler/bold/italic text?
>>
>>340354
Shipgirl Commander seems dead
>>
>>340407
The apprentice of the apprentice could work but i think in setting only one ka'kari is left

>>340418
No spaces But you have to be op for everything but spoiler
[red ][ /red] or blue or green
[b ][ /b]
[i ][ /i]
[spoiler ][ /spoiler]
>>
>Player Question
Dice are fine, as long as they aren't too brutal - as in, as long as a single bad dice roll isn't the end.

>Shilling for my own quest
>>340416
There may not be that much to it and the first thread wasn't all that popular, but that doesn't stop me from going on. Check it out.
>>
>>340429
Nice, thanks! :D
This should help make my posts a bit cleaner.
>>
>>340429
I may be misunderstanding, but it seems like only one was destroyed. The rest are lost or hidden.

http://nightangel.wikia.com/wiki/Ka'kari
>>
I've got an idea for a Quest. I don't know when I'll be able to run it, but I'd like to ask for feedback while I'm still in the planning stages.

The premise is that the gates of Hell have opened and demons and other evil spirits from various mythologies are invading the Earth. Balor is wrecking Ireland, Lucifer is spreading his cult of personality, Arachne is building an army of spiders in Greece, that sort of thing.

At around the same time, certain people were granted the power of mythological weapons, armors and tools in order to fight the demons. Someone in Britain has the power of Excalibur, someone in Finland has Gungnir, someone in Mexico has Tezcatlipoca's Smoking Mirror, etc.

The plot is that the main character has the power of one of these divine instruments. He needs to defend human civilization from demonic invasions, kill the most powerful demons, and possibly lead an invasion of Hell itself.

Does this sound like something people would want to play?
>>
>>340445
I would play the shit out of that
>>
>>340441
>One in an active volcano
>One at the bottom of the ocean in the middle of a typhoon
While not destroyed good luck trying to get those

>>340445
Would play
>>
>>340447
>>340451
Duly noted, thank you very much!
>>
File: excited.png (41KB, 470x331px) Image search: [Google]
excited.png
41KB, 470x331px
>>340445
>Mythological Power Rangers quest
>>
File: 1465339859711.jpg (63KB, 490x497px) Image search: [Google]
1465339859711.jpg
63KB, 490x497px
>>340445
Yes please.

Just make sure the hero from the U.S. is DOOMGUY

RIP AND TEAR

Also don't forget Japan and their three sacred treasures.
>>
>>340445
Sounds pretty cool, I'd probably participate.
>>
>>340419
It's friggin' EID. How many times do I have to affirm I am a Muslim in the middle of festivities?See you folks in a week or so.
>>
>>340468
Duly noted. I assumed as much, but I can see why some people wouldn't make the same assumptions with how suddenly you seemed to go dark.
>>
>>340189
http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
posting the updated pastebin
>>
>>340445
it's been tried a few times, but other than SMT none have really gotten anyway.
>>
>>340262
Okay faggots, I really need some help here. I can't decide who I want to be the prosecutor for the 2nd case. The client is going to be Edgeworth, so he can't be the prosecutor. Payne can't be the prosecutor because he's always the first case prosecutor, it can't be Franziska because she's Edgeworth's "sister", Manfred is dead, Godot is dead, so who the fuck could it be? I want to try and keep it to the original trilogy so no Blackquill or Klavier. I think my only choice may be Barnham.
>>
File: Turnip Profile.png (64KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
Turnip Profile.png
64KB, 250x360px
>>340189

Hopefully this isn't overkill to shill a Quest before it ever goes up, but I was gonna start a new Quest, Turnip Tale, tomorrow afternoon, about 3-4 Pacific, 6-7 for those on the east coast.

Been a while since I've run a quest, but if you enjoy lighthearted adventures with the occasional, cutesy piece of strenuously acceptable art, like pic related, consider dropping by?
It involves lots of play on words, lame puns, awful alliteration, and a main character that is, for all intents and purposes, level 0. That DEFINITELY sounds appealing in SOME capacity, right?
>>
>>340389
VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX!
>>
>>340386
>>340386

Whirlpool Quest thread 11
>>
>>340535
Yes?
>>
>>340593
Anon's just glad to see you. =w=
>>
>>340593
Hi Vox! Please read my quest. And then afterwards, please enter me.

Remember, don't drink and drive.

PS Brianna X Lora smut when you faggot?
>>
>>340605
Links would be helpful, I don't drink and drive, and probably never.
>>
>>340610

I hope you had a fun vacation, Lich. Because I have been doing my squats for you! Don't worry, it was not by your hand.

I also have a few questions.

1. Why are your ambushes absolute shit?

2. how many PC levels does Nate have?
>>
>>340614
> 1. Why are your ambushes absolute shit?

I've never been good at writing ambushes without infringing on agency and I've likely been overcompensating as a result.

> 2. how many PC levels does Nate have?

D20 modeling is not good for DLQ.
>>
>>340620

Well, I hope your nails are trimmed.

>I've never been good at writing ambushes without infringing on agency

Go to WWW.watchmojo.com for more info. I'm sure that will help you out with your problems.

A few more questions.

1. What's your blood-coffee levels in ppm?

2. How will you ever deal with a hivemind character?

3. Are you an anime pro like me?
>>
>>340629
In order:

No idea

I won't

No.
>>
File: Picture.gif (7KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Picture.gif
7KB, 450x300px
>>340633

1. What's the exact amount of Voxsuckers in your Hugvox?

2. How do you plan all this out?

3. Which is worse: posting your updates from a phone, or running without coffee?

By the way. Needing Coffee is for giant pussies. F A C T!

Pic related. Its from my quest that I want you to read.
>>
>>340641
1. Hell if I know

2. Man Behind the Curtain

3. I can always drink the blood of college students to get caffeine. My phone's autocorrect is frustrating and retarded in some of the most specific ways. The thing spells 'Auschwitz' right on the first try and has yet to do 'work' in less than four.
>>
>>340644

1. Can love bloom on the battlefield?

2. Will we see all the other characters from the first thread char select somewhere down the road?

3. Do you know you smell different when you are asleep?

Pls stop locking your door
>>
>>340651
Okay, we're probably annoying the nice folks at this point, anon. I realize it's late at night but if you need to be creepifying you can wait for the quest to start.
>>
>>340533
Nice, I'm looking forward to your quest. I though you would run for the weekend. I'm super excited nonetheless, can't wait for your quest to start.
>>
>>340653
I kinda enjoyed the small, creepy interview, I was trying not to drink coffee to run. Maybe it isn't so bad?
>>
>>340189
>Player Question
I like dice as a way of measuring success, and as a way of picking who gets to choose what. Although normal mundane actions shouldn't need a roll.

>Bonus Question
I prefer high magic fantasy, although far future sci-fi is pretty good too.
>>
>>340189
>Dice: Do you like them? If so, how much is too much, as far as their use is concerned?
I do like them, they are just highly misused in most quests because of the best out of first three rule. Most QMs don't account for it, they just run the dice the way they are, which turns 50% chance to succeed situations into 80% or so chance ones.
>>
>>340189
>If not, do you have a substitute? Do you just prefer straightforward roleplay or problem solving?

If my quest solely relied on decisions of players they would be fucked. So I do an average of three rolls when they make poor/wrong decisions to see how it goes, and best of three rolls when they do a correct decision for how successful it is.

They still complain though.
>>
>>340858
I only pick the first roll to decide the outcome and so far almost no one has complained, even when thing went south. But then again I made sure it was clear that my quest pulled no punches.
>>
>>340189

>Player Question
Yes.

>Bonus Question
Fantasy or ' soft post-apocalypse ', not exactly cute but brighter than the IRL medieval or renaissance eras.
>>
>QM Question
Its a quest based on something that already exists so looking for art for some oc's that fits is one thing

Also

Trying to add completely new aspects and characters to it that dont feel like im making a special snowflake
>>
For those of you who have experience with skirmish quests, can you give me some general advice? Things to avoid, stuff I absolutely need to prepare beforehand, etc.
>>
>>340945
You run it like it's the combat encounter it actually is. Remember to make sure you get the group of tripfags you run for to make twitter accounts so you can know when everyone is available for the next session of your not-quest.
>>
File: HGQOP.jpg (1002KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HGQOP.jpg
1002KB, 1920x1080px
>>338353
>>338353
>>338353
Hero Guardian Quest continues!
>>
Quickly popping to to shill that my quest, "The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #9" is now LIVE:

>>338441
>>338441
>>338441

>>340189

>Player Question
I like rolling dice, but I do feel that there is a limit to how much rolling should be done in a given quest.

>Bonus Question
It depends on my mood, really. Sometimes I like silly stuff like Lego Quest, or grim'n'gritty sci-fi (GermanSchteel did a great one that I recall fondly, but don't remember the name of for the life of me), or high fantasy... I personally go for an Anime aesthetic for my main quest, but it's mainly to blend in to the source material.
>>
>>341144

Shameless shill of the new quest-ish thing I'm trying to run: 'Heresy Game'. Could do with another person or two.
>>
Contractor Quest 11 is up

>>342044
>>
>>340693
I really would like to, but the best I think I could do is Friday, If I plan on doing it at a decent, general hour. Can't on Sundays, 'cause I run D&D for friends, and Saturdays I don't get home 'til 6, which means at BEST, it'd be 9 for those on the east coast.
I COULD always put it off 'til a Friday, I guess. I'd assume most channers might be out and about, partying hard or doing whatever people with a life do.
>>
Hey, hoping to get some real advice here.
I run a more narrative focused quest with little systems in it, but i'm always finding i have trouble with the end of post prompts (they aren't an "A, B, C, D" list of stuff it's more open ended). I know practice makes perfect, but is there any advice any of you can give to help me along?
>>
>>342328
Can you give us an example?
>>
File: osprey zombie hunters.jpg (166KB, 770x1038px) Image search: [Google]
osprey zombie hunters.jpg
166KB, 770x1038px
The still poorly named Zombie Hunter Quest (/zhq/) will be live Thursday at 6pm PST! I've written out some of the plot and action scenes over the week, and organized what we've got so far into a paste, so it'll be a bit faster of a quest than the first thread. That being said I'm still a slow quest writer so feel free to drop in and out as you please.

You can still check out the first thread here, containing chapters one and two, if you're curious to see what's up. >>323309

Also still looking for a drawfag of medium to low skill
>>
>>342415
You, uh, sure you want to run Thursdays? Just asking because, generally speaking, those are the slowest days for questing and have been for a while. Not sure why that is but it is a thing.
>>
>>342503
Hm... wasn't aware of that. When do people generally quest? I might move to Friday 6pm PST but I run a slow quest, so you won't miss tons if I start tomorrow. I was planning on launching the thread and leaving it up and writing on and off through Friday and Saturday.
>>
>>342328
I propose you do a middle ground solution. My quest is the same, what I do is I give the A, B,C" Prompts but almost always put "Write In" after them. This I feel gives the player a sense of direction with actions and allows them to build off it in write in content if they wish. Happens all the time in my quest at least.
>>
>>342542
Most people are available during the weekend because that's when they are off of work/school/whatever. But I will try and participate whenever anyone I follow runs.
>>
Damn it Soma.
>>
How much longer till the mods admit this board was a bad idea?
>>
>>343195
Here we go again
>>
>>343195
:'(
>>
>>343195
How much longer until people stop bitching about it? Shitty or uninteresting quests don't get many replies and good quests do. The failed quests just aren't bumped off the board for days so it seems worse.
>>
>>343195
>caring about the board overall instead of just participating in quests you like
you're doing it wrong m8
>>
>>340533
So just a reply to myself and anyone that was possibly keeping tabs: between having a really long, shitty work day and it being in the middle of the week, I'm gonna start up Turnip Tale on Friday, same planned time, at about 3:30-4 Pacific, 6:30-7 Eastern.
>>
File: 1456705758185.png (24KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1456705758185.png
24KB, 256x192px
>>340262
I think I'll be able to start this quest tomorrow.

Anyone here that plays Ace Attorney that will be interested in it?
>>
Hey, has anyone ever thought to do an quest based on The Heroic Legend of Arslan?
>>
>>343378
Run it.
>>
>>343195

Never.
>>
>>340354
Birth of a Civilization quest
>>
Rolled 46, 4, 19, 18, 5, 36, 98, 3, 22, 28 = 279 (10d100)

>>
Rolled 1, 42, 18, 60, 2, 87, 5, 88, 99, 72 = 474 (10d100)

>>
Rolled 87, 3, 79, 98, 80, 72, 98, 88, 33, 6 = 644 (10d100)

>>
>>340354
Fucking Jara ;_;
Rip in pies
>>
File: Weird Quest Protag.png (24KB, 192x316px) Image search: [Google]
Weird Quest Protag.png
24KB, 192x316px
>>340189
So I have been digging quests on /tg/ for a while, and have attempted a couple of one shots there during the initial "birth" of /qst/.

With regards to the QM question. The big thing thats been stopping me has been the /qst/ board kind of. I was really geared up to start on /tg/, and wanted qst to sort of come into its own first. Which it looks like it more or less has at this point. So right now its me basically finally checking it out now that the dust has settled.

Otherwise Some ideas I had were ambitious and I like to draw.

Regardless I was thinking of doing something based off of some old world building stuff from /tg/. Pic related. Vaguely mtg inspired.
>>
File: file.png (29KB, 406x327px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
29KB, 406x327px
>>343195
Not sure. Its been a couple of months now so i think it might be here to stay.

I want to try out running and participating on stuff here if only just to figure out if the board (or me) is garbage or not.
>>
>>340189
>To the aspiring QMs out there: What's stopping you from running that game you've got fermenting in your head?
The time. I can't find time, and when I have some, motivation vanishes.
Also english isn't my first language so I'm hesitant to ever start, but anyway, I don't want to abandon anons who would follow my shitty quest.
I'll probably never do it.

As long as they aren't overused, yes. An exemple of overusing them is battle phases, where everything has to be rolled and it's painfully long. I'm still looking for a fun way to do battles that would please players who love rolling and players who don't want to spend one hour for every single foe encountered. If I ever find something remotely good, I'll share with you guys.

>Preferred setting? Tone? Bright, happy fantasy? Dark, gritty sci-fi? Brutal, visceral realism? What settings and tones really strike a chord with you?
I don't like brutal stuff usually, but I guess anything can be good depending on the QM. I'm a sucker for fantasy, but it has to be extra good because of the overabundance of it in medium.
>>
>>340354
Aspiring Emperor Quest
>>
>>343951
Died twice even.
>>
I made a post in the Quest rec thread wondering if anyone had run an escape/killing game type of quest, like 999 or other such games, but there didn't seem to be anything that fit the bill. Any ideas or is this the wrong place to ask?

>>343925
>abandon anons who would follow my shitty quest.
As long as you make it clear that you're not going to continue, and don't just leave people hanging waiting for updates, then it should be fine to end it when you're sure you want to quit.
>>
>>343997
I guess you're right, but not ending a quest properly doesn't feel right. Again, it's very unlikely that I'd ever start a quest but who knows.
>>
>>340354
Merc Quest
>>
File: Mei2.jpg (805KB, 1240x874px) Image search: [Google]
Mei2.jpg
805KB, 1240x874px
>>338353
>>338353
>>338353
Another session of HGQ has begun!
>>
Newfag here how do you actually play these kind of games?
>>
>>344107
The most basic of explanations:
>Go into a thread
>Read the OP/QM's posts (Updates)
>Vote on the prompts/choices given or come up with something yourself if the "Write-in" option is there.
>Stick around and continue reading and voting, or just read and lurk.
It's collaborative storytelling. The QM writes and the players decide partly where the direction of the story goes along with the Main Character.
>>
>>340354
Shadow quest
>>
DLQ will be an hour or so late. I wish I could say it was for a good reason but honestly I just overslept.
>>
>>340354
Teen Titans CYOA.
Started on /co/
Died on /tg/.
Likely with its QM, it sounded like they had something serious.

Kind of freaks me out if that's the case.
>>
>player
I think Awoo of the hero guardian qst does dice and decision making good, very well done qst in general imo.
I think prio on crits when the char is pumped like in eu dragon qst is a bit counter intuitive. If crit prio should be maintained, maybe dice size should be increased instead of bonus.
>>
File: 2463016-06.jpg (533KB, 2488x1447px) Image search: [Google]
2463016-06.jpg
533KB, 2488x1447px
Once again, The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #9 is now LIVE!

>>338441
>>338441
>>338441
>>
File: Dungeon Life Quest.png (194KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Life Quest.png
194KB, 500x500px
Let's rock.

>>>/tg/48163681
>>>/tg/48163681
>>>/tg/48163681
>>>/tg/48163681
>>
File: (a)butzstylish.gif (48KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
(a)butzstylish.gif
48KB, 256x192px
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Quest for Justice starts now!

>>345294
>>345294
>>345294
>>
something ...something 3: Now it is meh

>>345675
>>345675
>>345675
>>
File: 1453679404614.jpg (133KB, 904x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453679404614.jpg
133KB, 904x640px
>>340189
> QM Question:
I really want to run Starship Idols Quest. (That Quest about Idol Management in a not-Starship Troopers universe where it's your job to produce propaganda for the Federation and keep money flowing to the warfront.)

I also kind of want to run Star Wars Imperial Inquisitor Quest again but Observer hasn't been sighted in over a month.

And besides that, I've started a job.

> Bonus Question
I prefer optimistic stories. I don't generally care for darkness for darkness' sake, even Madoka Magica had its light at the end of the dark tunnel.
>>
File: zhq23132.jpg (53KB, 900x603px) Image search: [Google]
zhq23132.jpg
53KB, 900x603px
>>342415
/ZHQ/ starting up in an hour and a half! Thread is live here:

>>346359
>>346359
>>346359
>>
>>346152
See I've always personally wanted to do a straight up Not!Starship Troopers quest.

To answer the bonus question,
I like stuff that's fun but can whiplash into grimness. I like characters that Talk Like they're Invulnerable but Are fragile..

Or was it the other way around?
>>
File: 20143_original.jpg (55KB, 606x375px) Image search: [Google]
20143_original.jpg
55KB, 606x375px
>>346869
I fucking love Starship Troopers, I kinda wish I had ran a Quest of it sooner rather than later.
>>
I should have more time do my Another Holy Grail War quest. I can't draw well. Quests and Cyoas are my main way of practicing creative writing. I like to finish things that I start. I don't know how the player will win though since Rider is the 3rd weakest servant statwise.
>>
File: elephant seal beach.jpg (123KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
elephant seal beach.jpg
123KB, 960x640px
Currently running a Civ Quest, featuring elephant seal folk as aquatic barbarians. Have to finish for tonight, but picking it back up tomorrow morning. Follow me @MrCivQst for updates!

>>338950
>>338950
>>338950
>>
File: Shindol - Emergence first page.jpg (698KB, 1275x1844px) Image search: [Google]
Shindol - Emergence first page.jpg
698KB, 1275x1844px
Would /qst/ play this?
>>
>>346965
Only if there would be a route to change the ending entirely.
>>
>>346965
I would totally play that

>>346978
At least she got to be happy in the end. Thanks, heroin!
>>
My thanks to everyone who participated in our first post-hiatus thread. As always, I'm takin' feedback and critique (that thread, this one, whatever totes your goats), and as usual the thread remains open for voting and discussion and will be picked back up tomorrow. You can find it here: >>>/tg/48163681
>>
QM: Time, if I were to open up a quest I could only post twice a day or so
Player: Doesn't bother me either way
Bonus: Civs and the like are my favourite, especially fantasy
>>
Northern Beasts Quest will begin in about 6 hours. If you're a fan of Bloodborne, you might like this!
>>
>>347643
EXCITE
>>
>>340354
That blacksmith quest with the dwarf named Dvorak Thunderbutt. It's not even in the suptg archives.
>>
>>340445
So long as we get the power of BFG, count me in.
>>
>>340354
Republic Commando quest.
>>
Are there any decent smut quests left, like Orc Warlord, or are they a dead genre?
>>
>>348044
All the smut quests are on anonkun. You can have lewd stuff going on in the quest, but actual smut is a no-no (unless it's confined to a pastebin).
>>
>>348046
That's fucking dumb. Text used to be sfw.
>>
For those interested, The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #9 will be delayed by up to 2 hours or so from the usual starting time.

Today's last session will probably start @ Noon PST/3PM EST/8PM GMT.
>>
>>338353
>>338353
>>338353
HGQ continues!
>>
The first thread of Northern Beasts Quest is now live!

>>348052
>>
"Da Kingo Faitas Quess Rebor! Numbah Nine!" is now up and running for one last day:

>>338441
>>338441
>>338441
>>
>>348937
Isn't fajitas some food? What does it have to do with kings and queens?
>>
File: 1.png (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
15KB, 600x600px
>>349245
Shilling a new quest!
>>
Just a head's up, Turnip Tale will begin in just about an hour! Be there! Or don't! Whatever!
>>
>>350402
>>350402
>>350402

Beleaguered Prince Quest's Friday run has just started.
>>
...with all the expository intros out of the way, Turnip Tale is now live!

>>350489
>>
File: Imperial_Eagle.jpg (37KB, 468x173px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Eagle.jpg
37KB, 468x173px
>>340189
>To the aspiring QMs out there: What's stopping you from running that game you've got fermenting in your head? If you need help or suggestions, mention it in your post!

Lack of experience and laziness.

If not, do you have a substitute? Do you just prefer straightforward roleplay or problem solving?

I think there should be a very real risk of failure, but at the same time, if a player comes up with a great plan, they should get recognition and be rewarded for it.

I like darkly humorous, over the top stuff, like Mad Max and Fallout.

>>350816
Homebrew PVP 40K strategy game where players fight for control of a Sector. Check it out if you're into that shizz.
>>
I feel severely depressed.

Any advice?
>>
>>351236
Open up KCQ and read Nakatime.
>>
>>340189
>To the aspiring QMs out there: What's stopping you from running that game you've got fermenting in your head? If you need help or suggestions, mention it in your post!

1. I suck at writing.

2. People hate my ideas.
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
What does /qst/ think of pic related?
>>
(shill warning) This is a shill post. (shill warning)

Check out DQ at >>340416
We've finally left the fucking starter village and things are happening. There's undead to kill and treasure to loot! Well, assuming the treasure is found...
Anyways, check it out. This post was totally not written because there is only one reader.
(end of shill post)
>>
Ask me questions about my quest, /qtg/, and I'll answer truthfully.
>>
>>351705
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you dislike writing it and why?
>>
>>351360
Tell us what's wrong, chummer. We might be able to help you.
>>
>>351765
2/10. I really like writting it! Coming up with interesting events and NPCs is fun af.

But if you're talking about litteraly writing it, then I'd say 6/10. English isn't my first language and it shows too often (boring, simple prose and wonky grammar). That's the most unpleasant of being a QM I guess. For me at least.
>>
>>351788
It's a motivation thing. I don't think it can be solved with outside help.
>>
>>340354
predator quest
>>
>>351236
most of your quests involve dystopian shit, so maybe you should do something less.....cynical?
>>
>>351887
Now that's just wrong. I'll fucking motivate the shit out of you you worthless piece of garbage. You think people hate your ideas? Well guess what, everyone hates everyone's ideas. You're not special. It's mutual. Welcome to the club known as Quests.

And you say you think you suck at writing? What the ever loving fuck do you think quests are supposed to be? This stuff is far from the magnum opus's of great thinkers and intellectuals of modern times and centuries past. So really, bad writing? That's your concern? Spellcheck and grammar check, describe tones, move shit along, or be like Hexer who'll scrutinize his own writing for hours on end.

There. Now that you've been truly motivated go on ahead and run your badly written quest with a premise I fucking despise. I'll post in it, maybe.
>>
>>352249
Feel free to join. >>352339
>>
>>352364
I didn't mean NOW motherfucker, I gotta go bum on a couch for several hours to recover from my bitching at you. I'll check it out when I wake up though, it does look kinda neat.
>>
Just an extra thanks for everyone who participated in the first chapter of Turnip Tale!
>>350489
It was a bit rocky, but I'm aiming to improve!
Next session SHOULD be on Monday, at about the same time, 4:00 Pacific, 7:00 Eastern.
If that is to change for any reason, I'll post it here in the general.
>>
The next HGQ Thread goes Live in 6-9 hours!
>>
File: Skirm.png (61KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Skirm.png
61KB, 259x194px
Kill dudes in the vastness of space: Starship Skirmish returns! >>>/tg/48190212

I hope my players haven't forgotten it exists during the hiatus
>>
>QM Question
Eid. Have a quest but currently on hiatus until celebrations are over. A hostile player base is one of the turn-offs. They pretty much want to know everything despite me telling that we're not at that stage of the Quest yet. And when I don't reveal certain things they get REALLY hostile. I'm kind of worried that the current base is too spoonfed and if I should soldier on without them.

>Player Question
Never played a Quest on /qst/, but I find that if I'm entertained enough, regardless of the roll or action mechanic or development, I'll stick with it.

>Bonus Question
I like it when bureaucracy isn't given a back seat and the player has to work around the setting instead of shounen-ing themselves. Of particular interest is when an MC starts from zero and how the choices the Questers make push him or her through.

I've despised how subversive Naruto made the Shounen demographic the last decade - any series or quest with a setting that shows the MC working through is all right by me.
>>
Northern Beasts Quest is now live (again).

>>352648
>>
>>352634
>They pretty much want to know everything despite me telling that we're not at that stage of the Quest yet

I'm surprised you don't tell them to wait it out until certain things become relevant.

When they ask so many things like that, they're powergaming and metagaming in the way Spacebattles' questers do.

It's your responsibility to reign in the players and make them sit down. Simply, you gave in and let them have the whole mile when they kept asking for inches.
>>
>>352772
I tried. Got accused of railroading and not giving Questers what they wanted. I expected a little bit of courtesy, at least. No dice.
>>
File: received_1594111537504336.jpg (60KB, 960x786px) Image search: [Google]
received_1594111537504336.jpg
60KB, 960x786px
>>346152
It really has been around a month, hasn't it? Oh how time flies.

In other news a new bit of writing, Endless Radiance Quest, Soon (TM). This is the setting I've been crafting over the past month, so it should be fun for the whole family

Though I ought to continue Imperial Inquisitors sometime as well. And everything else I've ever written.

What does the public think? What ought I invest my limited energies into?
>>
>>353464
Did you drop AT-TE quest completely?
>>
File: 7 Zrinyi II GOOD.jpg (20KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
7 Zrinyi II GOOD.jpg
20KB, 500x309px
Oh yeah, LGA2 is up and running if anyone's interested.

>>>/tg/48194069
>>
File: 13.png (13KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
13KB, 600x600px
>>353443
unDead quest is updating again!
>>
>>353472
... No?

Though it is safe to say it is on hiatus, at least with what I want to focus my efforts on. Once I get back into writing more consistently (Read: At All), it's definitely on the docket to continue. While I love writing the tale, I'm feeling a little more experimental creatively.

I also feel like writing a tale that a couple notches brighter than "Everything is Suffering, The Only Escape is Death." Or however my readers have described my work.

I've heard somewhere that it's a hard quest, which I'd love to hear explained.
>>
I suppose a general QnA is open as well, for anyone that's interested.
>>
Do any other QMs have rituals they like to do to get into the writing mood?
Personally, taking a long-ass drive through the woods gets me real zen, clears my head and lets me focus.
>>
>>353696
no that sounds stupid you fucking faggot.
>>
>>353696
I shitpost in other threads and on other boards while waiting for responses. It fuels me. Not working out lately though but at least it's a good use of time.
Pretty sure this isn't actually a ritual its just habit but that's close enough.
>>
>>353696
Masturbation.
>>
How do you feel about Vampires that are not "evil"?
>>
>>350786
>players aren't on this board
>he already has an archive somewhere else.
Is this board a picture dump now?
>>
File: 136356786335.jpg (69KB, 480x266px) Image search: [Google]
136356786335.jpg
69KB, 480x266px
>>353886
Kill them like the rest.
>>
>>353886
They are okay. Depends on how they get their food and what they think of me.
>>
>>353886
It's fine if it's a cute girl.
>>
>>353401
>>353401
>>353401
New HGQ Thread is up!
>>
>>352811
Who's your shipwaifu?
>>
>>353886
They have to be written well, and even then I think the should at least be morally questionable. coming from a guy who has one in his quest
>>
>>340189
Discord invite is dead
>>
>>352364
>play-by-post
>make a character
This isn't a quest. Do that on a forum for freeform roleplaying.
>>
>>356236
https://discord.gg/JJDGpug Here's a new one for you.
>>
What's a good setting for getting a lot of adolescent characters together besides the overused school setting?
>>
>>356515
They're all soldiers undergoing Spartan-style training
>>
>>356515
Training on ship/spaceship or something.
>>
>>356515
Group transportation to a fantasy world.
>>
>>356515
Sports team.
Street gang.
>>
>>356515
Aftermath of war.
>>
>>356515
fountain of youth
>>
To who it concerns: Last minute plans cropped up so I won't be able to continue Turnip Tale tomorrow (Monday) as planned. I'd rather not continue on Wednesday, since it's one of the slower days, so I hear. So I'll be continuing at same planned time on Friday.
>>
>>357666
>>357666
>>357666

Beleaguered Prince Quest's Sunday runs is now live.
>>
>>340354
Genre shift
>>
>>340381
>>357857

Shit's still alive faggot.
>>
File: Black Company Cover.jpg (111KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Black Company Cover.jpg
111KB, 642x924px
>>357937
>>357937
>>357937

Shilling out for Black Company Quest
>>
Would you play a quest where humanity is the villain, as the humans, with lots of xenocide and orbital bombardment?
>>
File: Finno-Korean_Hyperwar_Info.png (282KB, 317x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Finno-Korean_Hyperwar_Info.png
282KB, 317x1442px
I wish I had the motivation to turn this into a quest.
>>
Shameless Shill for A Safe Haven Quest 5 >>358374
Join us as we try to beat up shark people
>>
>>358231
I'm so happy I'm not the only one who wanted to make a quest about this when I saw it.
>>
A bit late, but as good of a time as any to follow the advice given to me over the last couple of days by the helpful people on the /qst/ discord chat, and shill the quest I plan on running tomorrow here. If you're interested in war settings, realistic pokemon, brutal combat, and hopefully good storytelling, tune in Monday on /qst/, as the thread starts around... 6-7pm EST.
>>
>>356515
Digimon

Lord of the Flies, only the characters have functioning brains.

Runaways/refugees

Heists that rely on juvenile laws to skirt around punishment

>>357475
this is good, too
>>
File: Welcome to Dubhlain.jpg (43KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Dubhlain.jpg
43KB, 590x393px
A joke idea: Lancer from Fate/Stay Night takes a holiday to modern day Ireland.
>>
Is anyone interest in a quest about smuggling dakimakura?
>>
>>359156
No. Keep it on Akun.
>>
>>340189
>To the aspiring QMs out there: What's stopping you from running that game you've got fermenting in your head?
I've had a bunch of ideas, and have tried one-offs a few times over the years, but the medium just doesn't work for me.

Players are always either hypercareful and hyperdefensive, which is really fucking boring, or they're spewing memes and sex jokes.

I'd rather just write a novel t b h
>>
meh 4: Something future something

>>359531
>>359531
>>359531
>>
>>360422

Running my first quest - based around the life of Gareth Brume, a minor noble in France during the year of 799 A.D who is attacked by a supernatural force and subsequently placed in an insane asylum's equivalent of the time a few months after the passing of his Mother, the former head of House Brune, several months ago.

The quest has started as he is released from the Asylum and picking up the pieces of his Life and Dynasty.

If you like dark fantasy worlds or historical fantasy of the early medieval era, this will be a fun quest for you, highly request that you come by and give atleast one vote, see how you like it!
>>
File: 31aa8be631da5bba9f0d487627d02cd8.jpg (291KB, 720x1018px) Image search: [Google]
31aa8be631da5bba9f0d487627d02cd8.jpg
291KB, 720x1018px
Has there been a quest before where upgrades were done per ability instead of by numbers, levels, or stats? The only one that comes to mind is Shadow Quest and Eclipsed moon, but I've been out of the questing thing for a while.

I was thinking of making one akin to Deus Ex where you upgrade with an equivalent to Praxis points. It was going to be set in the Nanoha universe.
>>
I miss Evil Precure Quest.

The characters were cute and it never got too edge.
>>
>>361107
>Nanoha universe
Yes, please.
>>
>>361121
Is it considered disrespectful to ripoff something you don't own just because you like the tone?
>>
>>361107
>Nanoha universe

I'd love that, but quick question

Is it gonna be Nanoha, or is it going to be Force?
>>
>>361127
>>361138
Oh I got responses, that was quick. I was just about to turn off my tablet.

Definitely more akin to classic Nanoha. I was thinking of placing it just after the conflict in Force ends, so it's purely in non-canon/so far off that the quest will end before the series gets to it territory.

I adore Nanoha, but disappointed with how little love its been getting from 7arcs. I'm sure they have their reasons.

If I go through with it, I hope to hit the sweet spot rests right in the middle of cute, tits, and action.
>>
File: PCQ better.png (2MB, 2000x1159px) Image search: [Google]
PCQ better.png
2MB, 2000x1159px
>>361402

This shit is life, senpai. Join us for the hopefully wild ride.
>>
>>357857
Continuing Three Kingdoms from last night. Sorry for interruption.
>>
File: 1456449550050.png (59KB, 635x651px) Image search: [Google]
1456449550050.png
59KB, 635x651px
>>343792
Anefor? ANEFOR!
>>
>>356526
>Training on ship/spaceship or something.
>>
File: 1452124391967.png (166KB, 471x512px) Image search: [Google]
1452124391967.png
166KB, 471x512px
>>348046
Wait, what?

You can get banned for putting smut into your quest? But it's just text.
>>
File: shrug.png (22KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
22KB, 275x200px
>>362347
It's how the rule goes. A QM got a warning for putting smut in his quest, said if he did it again he'd get banned for a month
>>
File: 1462432982731.jpg (19KB, 399x345px) Image search: [Google]
1462432982731.jpg
19KB, 399x345px
>>362496
>/qst/ - Quests

>4. Erotic roleplay is not permitted. Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters by a quest author may result in mod intervention.

Well fuck me sideways, that is an actual rule. That's kinda bullshit though, it's just text. The QM should be able to make his quest how he wants, without having his story forcibly changed just because it's lewd. I feel like a rule forcing you to put something like "This quest may become smut" or something like it in the OP of a quest would be a better thing to do. Artistic freedom should not be sacrificed just because some people don't like lewd stuff.

Also, a MONTH ban? That's pretty harsh, but at least he got a warning. What quest was it?

I'm glad I didn't get in trouble for putting some lewd stuff into my quest.
>>
>>362561
>What quest was it
Shipgirl Commander
>>
>>362561
I really don't get this rule, either.

If this were any other board on the internet, okay, I would understand it.

But this is fucking 4chan. This is the place where there are jokes about child rape in the banners that appear on the site. What fucking SJW retard prick decided that banning sex that takes place in textual form is a good idea?

Are there actual puritans on staff who seriously think children browse these boards? Or that text in a quest is going to get someone fired at work?
>>
>>362611
I'm glad this is still a trial board so the rules still have time to change. The rule doesn't make any sense, lewd and sex stuff happen in fantasy books all the time. I know the rule says "Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters", but that could mean anything from a fuck ton of sex breaking the rule or only a few sex scenes breaking the rule. It's too vague.

We should complain about it on /qa/ or /feedback/. It really is a stupid rule that only serves to get some QMs banned just because they wanted to have some lewd scenes in their quest.
>>
The "no erotic roleplay" rule is to stop ERP threads being made on /qst/. Who wants a board full of "ERP thread", "Futa ERP thread", "Lesbian ERP thread", all with shit writing in the OP about how hot their character is and how they accidentally get seen masturbating in the park?
>>
>>340189
>QM Question
I would like to run a One Piece quest, however I'm not sure if I could capture what makes the series so lovable, and I don't know if there are even enough fans of the series on /qst/

>Bonus Question
I've always appreciated settings that generate dark comedy by having a Average Joe of an MC try to force his/her way through a new shitty reality. That kind of thing works best in a fantasy setting, but I like scifi a lot too.

Also, shameless shill time. If anyone here is actually aware of my shitty Supernatural Butler quest, feel free to head over here:
>>361728
>>
>>362709
I am kind of thankful its not allowed, considering how badly things could pan out. Either that, or people demanding a sex route on every quest. I don't expect anons to restrain themselves.
>>
>>362709
I feel like the rule should be worded differently then. Just have it say "No ERP, keep that on /b/. However, lewd scenes are allowed as long the entire quest isn't just lewd scenes" The way it's worded just makes sound like having lewd scenes at all could get you banned.
>>
Would it be fair of me to have 'silly' upgrade paths?

IE: Proficiency to talk to animals, Proficiency to wear bikini armor, Proficiency to mime, etc.

Or would that just confuse an already difficult process that people argue over?
>>
>>363060
It depends on the mood of your quest. People will probably go for the silly options the most, so if you want it to be lighthearted, silly options like that are great. But if you want it to be serious, maybe not so much.
>>
>>363072
It's not very serious at all, but there is definitely some combat in it. I would say the tone is akin to slayers or dragon half. Would the min/maxers insist on no points wasted in any circumstance?

I just want silly upgrade paths that might lead to funny things. Like the possibility of my players maxing bikini armor or miming.
>>
>>363661

"Everyone Wants to Rule the World" Quest is up and running!

If you like low-fantasy (Fantasy still present mind you), historical quests with dark overtones then this is for you! Highly ask that you give it a chance, vote once and see how you like the result.
>>
WHAT CAN RUNNE FAR AND NEVER TIRE?
ACROSSE THE PLAIN AND PAST THE MIRE,
ATOPPE THE HILL IT FILLES THE STILL,
ALL MEN NEED IT, YET IT CANNE KILL?

Want to play a slow and unintentionally easy dungeoneering quest?

>>361275
>>
New thread?
>>
Well sunbro civ quest is dead

Along with 99% of the other quests i enjoyed that where here
>>
My thread >>363807 has a minor issue, I gave my players the choice to shape every detail of their character and they won't give me more than "burly Dwarven mechanic" when I pressed for details, everyone quit. Any advice?
>>
>>363944
Why are you acting like victim? You told them to GTFO so they went.
>>
>>363953
I said, and I quote "that is the way I do things, if you don't like it, then you can disassociate yourself from my quest" after they had questioned my asking for further details.
>>
>>363971
They didn't like it, so they disassociated themselves from your quest.
>>
>>363993
>>363953
Listen, I want advice incase this happens again, if you have nothing positive to contribute, perhaps an actuall example of how I could have handled that better, then don't say anything. I want assistance, not your sympathy.
>>
>>364003
Don't give ultimatums to people who aren't invested in your quest yet.

Also try to figure out what they want, and not focus on only what you want.
>>
>>363944
>chargen
>"freedom"
wondering if you got a full line on the bingo chart
>>
>>363060
maybe if they use separate points?

either way, they're useful for testing out your upgrade system without getting people especially salty.
>>
>>364015
I agree that I worded, "you don't have to suffer my way of running this quest" poorly, but I was attempting to give the players freedom in the production of the main character, it was meant from the beginning to be a very open ended quest, and any evidence to the contrary in a previous iteration of the same question was the result of my attempts to calm the chaos of three separate characters going off on their own thing. If you have any suggestions on how to make that much clear to any possible new readers, it would be much appreciated.
>>
>>364125
My suggestion is to calmly explain things like that, and to not indulge in any of the typical 4chan aggressive or passive-aggressive posting habits you may have developed.
>>
>>364144
Thank you. I'm off to be reasonable.
>>
>>364144
Hmm, it would seem I've surpassed everyone's attention spans, anyone interested in this quest? >>363807
>>
>>364420
>surpassed everyone's attention spans

Actually we all surpassed your shitty quest.
>>
>>364441
My quest never started, I meant only that I lost people's attention. Nice bait though.
>>
>>364595
And you gave me a (You) anyway!
>>
>>364628
It seemed (you) needed some things made clear.
>>
>>356275
>>>/b/
>>
>>364669
And he keeps biting!
>>
>>364703
Am I the fish, or the fisherman? Who can tell but I.
>>
>>364774
I can tell. You're the fish.
>>
New Thread >>364810
>>
>>364813
We can debate forever who is in control, but let it be known, I called upon you to defend the effectiveness of your bait, and you answered.
>>
>>364822
Nah you're just mad cuz you got caught.
>>
>>364125
>I was attempting to give the players freedom in the production of the main character, it was meant from the beginning to be a very open ended quest
I really, really implore you to reconsider.

There are dozens of examples on both /tg/ and anonkun that tried just that, with better execution. A lot of them didn't even finish making the characters, let alone get any distance in the quest itself.

If you're saying you're prepared to push through with it, well all evidence points towards the opposite.
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.