[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: tegaki.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
11KB, 400x400px
I'm new to the quests board on 4chan and I'm not really sure what to do. It looks very interesting and like tons of fun but I'm pretty new here so I'm a little confused. I know I shouldn't post this because it's probably just annoying, but if someone could help explain things that would be great.
>>
File: tegaki.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
6KB, 400x400px
and visit the general thread too while you're at it
>>
>>307556

Go here. Read the pastebins. Then ask your questions in that thread.
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
Is this your first visit to 4chan kiddo? I'm not a 4chan native but it's not hard to learn how to post.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>319203
Rolling is done by putting dice+1d100 or dice+1d20 ect ect
Each quest has it's own rules just read those and for the love of god dont spam shota futa scorpion stuff in quests! Happy questing newfriend.
>>
What kind of things do you want to know, newfriend?
>>
>>319203
The fastest way to learn how things work is to read and participate in quests.

Here's the archive
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html

Go ahead and dig in and find something that looks interesting.
>>
>>319254
>linking /tg/ archives
2/10 you tried.
>>
>>319256
And?

The quality on /tg/ is still leagues better than on here. He should learn from better quests, not the random stuff from people who are still learning churn out on here.
>>
OP here

So what would oyu guys say makes a...

good quest maker
bad quest maker
good quest participating person (thats a thing right?)
bad quest participating person (yeah that's a thing)
>>
>>319263
>The quality on /tg/ is still leagues better than on here.
A common misconception from people in denial. Especially the ones from Spooky, like yourself.
>>
OP here again. Thank you all for helping too :) didn't expect people to actually care
>>
(OP) One thing I'm a bit confused about is how exactly the dice works in 4chan and how one would use it in a quest.
>>
>>319267
Good player will be sure to read over everything, and though some people will say you need to participate it is also fine if you just read. This turns you into a lurker rather then a player though. Jokes here and there are fine but a good player should do their best to keep their prompts/choices/suggestions on topic and appropriate for the quest (where it fits in of course). There will be a different tone and what is considered an appropriate answer depending on the quest, of course.
As long as the QM is respectful to his players, then the best thing you can do beside from participate is to also show respect to the QM.
>>
>>319288
Thank you!
>>
>>319288
>Good player will be sure to read over everything, and though some people will say you need to participate it is also fine if you just read.

>Oh this looks like an interesting quest. I'll read it.
>No one votes and quest dies
>Can't be helped. I'm perfectly entitled to just read and expect the quest to survive without my vote. :^)
>As a lurker I also reserve the right to throw a shitfit if something doesn't go the way I wanted it. Did I vote for what I wanted? No, but I'm a lurker so it's okay. :^)
>>
>>319269
I dunno man. Comparing the front pages of both archives and I see a lot more quality threads on /tg/ that know what they are doing. I'll be first to admit that there are some good quests on /qst/ that are /qst/ original but a lot of it is trash that gets abandoned.

Rather have this guy learn properly.
>>
(OP) What exactly is voting? Could someone explain. Sorry If I'm being annoying
>>
>>319267
>Good quest participant

Just be interested and genuine. The only way to be a bad participant is to be shitposting or actively trying to derail or undermine the quest
>>
>>319313
Voting is when you and your other anons vote for the next course of action for the MC in the story.

Anon just go into a thread. Lurk around. It ain't rocket science. You'll get the hang of it if you just observe.
>>
>>319311
(OP) I don't know which is better /qst/ or /tg/ could you give me your opinion and why? I want to get into this because it looks really fun and I've always been into stuff like this.
>>
>>319267
>Good quest participant

Just be interested and genuine. The only way to be a bad participant is to be shitposting or actively trying to derail or undermine the quest
>>
>>319313
You don't need to let us know you're the OP, by the way. Each post here comes with an ID tag unique to that thread in order to prevent samefagging and skewing results. Course it will change if you post from mobile and it's easy enough for anons to change their address but in your sake all posts you make in this thread had remained with the same tag.
>>
>>319329
Oh okay, sorry about that
>>
>>319322
/tg/ will have more veterans of questing since that's where most of questing was before /qst/ was made. Quality overall is a bit better over there due to that. Most of /qst/ is new QMs still learning the ropes.

Both are fine though.
>>
>>319331
It's all good, the feature is only available on certain boards.
>>
How long do you suggest I wait until I try to make a quest for myself? Also is it even a good idea to try to make a quest, or do not many people do that?
>>
>>319341
This is where you should look towards the general, this kind of thread is usually disapproved of since they are considered meta and will remain on the board for the while. There is a discord chat you can join there for help in that regard too, just look over
>>307556
>>307556
>>307556
>>
>>319341
If you feel comfortable, start now. If you want to learn the ropes on how things generally work and and what to expect, check out a few quests, whether active or archived
>>
>>319341
Read and participate in quests first and foremost. Get an idea of what works and what doesn't. Get experience before jumping into the deep end.
>>
>>319350
Sorry, you're right I probably shouldn't have made this kind of thread
>>
>>319360
Mistakes happen and people will bitch, but it could be a lot worse. No one will know your dirty little secret though, it's between you and I little buddy.
>>
>319364
:)
Just one last question if you guys don't mind, sorry :P What and how exactly do you use the die? Again sorry just need to know its a bit confusing.
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>319371
'dice+1d100' in the options field. No quotes.
>>
>>319371
>>319236
>Rolling is done by putting dice+1d100 or dice+1d20 ect ect

You place the die type into options.

dice+1d20

Will roll you 1 20 sided, dice+2d20 will roll two, yadda yadda.
>>
like this?
>>
Rolled 13, 11 = 24 (2d20)

>>319386
>>
>>319360
If it improves content on the board, it's fine to most people who aren't looking for something to bitch about
>>
>>319386
I was dumb, it's the email field. My bad!
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>
>>319403
Lol it's ok :) Thank you for helping.

Any just plain old advice for a newbie? Just things you think I should know, or is that pretty much the basics of it.
>>
Rolled 76, 77, 92, 80, 68, 99, 67, 91, 13, 31, 51, 12, 62, 37, 70, 46, 85, 55 + 65 = 1177 (18d100 + 65)

>>319407
There ya go
>>
>>319413
Just go in and take a leap. Look at what is on the board now that may interest you, look at the archives, all that. When you find something you think you might like then you can either allow yourself to become familiar with their play style first or try to jump right in. As a player there isn't a whole lot of mistakes you can really make. I would suggesting playing/reading through some quests before making your own, and when you think you're ready then make sure you read the beginner's pastebin.
>>
Well thanks to everyone who helped! Guess I'll just dive right in and try to have fun. Sorry for the post and if I was annoying but I appreciate all your help. ^_^ Thank you!
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
Okay mods. You may clean up now.
>>
i like llamas
>>
dice+1d20
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>
dice+d100
>>
dice+1d100
>>
File: Well look at that.png (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Well look at that.png
2MB, 800x800px
>people being civil to this blatant newfag
I'm actually cool with this. It warms my heart to see this sort of stuff going on.
>>
>>319236
dice+1d100
>>
senpai
>>
Shit
>>
dice+1d20
>>
>>328962
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

Roll
>>
dice+4d20
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>
>>329375
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>329401
>>
>>329405
>>
Rolled 10 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

Tits
>>
Rolled 18 + 69 (1d20 + 69)

>>334647
>>
Rolled 18 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>334650
>>
Rolled 3, 11, 19, 8, 4, 8 = 53 (6d20)

>>334658
>>
Rolled 37, 65, 77 + 20 = 199 (3d100 + 20)

>>
test
>>
test
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.