[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern necromcancy quest 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: modernnecromancy.png (72KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
modernnecromancy.png
72KB, 1000x700px
>>291885
Last thread

>>292091
>>292099
>>292108
>>292123
(roll average:11.3)
"Actually, I planned on letting you see what I see. Would you care to take my hand again?" you ask her. Hopefully you can change her view on necromancy with this. "Ok, I guess." Liana says taking your hand. "Alright, this is gonna be just like what you did with me." you tell her to assure her it's okay. You focus on willing her to be able to see skunkbro, and after a little bit you feel the same feeling as when she shared her sight with you but in reverse. "so what am I supposed to see?" she asks "That" you say motioning toward skunkbro. "Is it a spirit or demon of some sort?"
>How do you respond?
>>
>>298869
>"its kind of like a spirit."
>>
>>298869
>Motion to skunk to to speak about what we discussed
>>
>>298888
>>298890
"It's kinda like a spirit, I'll let him tell you" you tell her. "W-What is that supposed to mean?" she asks looking slightly disturbed by your words. "Hello Liana, I am Michael's shade he summoned me by my remains he found by the side of the road. He brought me to inform you of how spirits feel about being summoned to the world of the living. Most deceased relish the chance to just get a glimpse back into life, and most would never get a chance to if not for necromancers like Michael. We feel servitude is a small price to pay for new life. Hopefully you understand and change your mind on how you feel about necromancers." Skunkbro explains Liana. "Wait a second, let me understand this. Your a dead cat or something Michael summoned, sooo that means that you're- no, please tell me this is a joke." she says with a look of anger and disgust.
>Shit how are you gonna save this? (roll 1d20 for success)
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>298980
>Calling Skunkbro a cat
Off with her head! I mean time to crit fail!
>>
>>298990
Why! Dice gods, why do you bless me in these threads and not when I really need it?
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>298980
"Im not joking. I investigated the corpses that started walking and stumbled upon necromancy. I understand that you have a past with necromancy but I hope my shade would help you understand that not every necromancer is bad."
>>
>>298990
kek

use my response and his roll so faster typing?
>>
>>298990
>>298980
So... We're defending skunkbro's skunky honor? Cool
>>
>>299006
>writing
gonna be trying some different formatting and writing closer to op skelly's
>>
>>299006
>>299005
>>298990
(roll average: 18)
“Well for one he’s a skunk not a cat, but I'm not joking. I investigated the corpses that started walking and stumbled upon necromancy. I’m hoping that by bringing skunkbro you’ll understand not all necromancers are bad.” Well here goes nothing.
“It’s not that I think necromancers are evil, it’s just that I have terrible memories of things that happened because of it” she states trying to hold back tears and looking down at the floor
“W-What happened, maybe it would help if you talked about it?” You say placing your hand on her shoulder and putting on the best sympathy smile you can muster. This is going south fast hopefully you can fix it.
“No, it won’t help. Nothing’s gonna help with THIS” she manages to choke out through her sobs, tears now streaming down her cheeks.
“Well trying to push it down sure as hell ain’t gonna help” you tell her with a slight fake chuckle to try to help settle her down.
“I told you I DON’T want to talk abo-. You know what, fine. If it helps you understand why, I’ll tell you.” she begins to wipe her face and calm down a bit.
“Not sure how that worked.” you mutter to yourself with a sigh of relief
She takes a deep breath and begins to speak “You know how I told you that my parents died in a car accident, well only my mom died. My dad in his depressed state of mind decided to try to bring her back and failed, miserably. He was trying to bring her back to a state of full life as if she never died not realizing how impossible that would be, and when he finished he was left with a vaguely human shaped mass of flesh. Me and Rachel both saw everything before he could hide the evidence. After that he just walked out. I haven’t seen or heard from him since.”
“Jesus christ, I-I had no idea I’m so sorry. I thought you just didn’t like the idea of playing with dead things. I never could have known that that was the reason.” you say eyes wide and slack jawed.
“It’s fine, not like you could’ve known, right? Look I understand that you wanna use necromancy and I’ll be fine with it on one condition” She states with an expression blanker than paper
“Sure, what?”
“Promise me that you will never, and I mean NEVER, try to bring someone back to life.”
>How do you respond?
>>
>>299153
You have my word, not like I'm anywhere near good enough to pull something like that off anyway. What she doesn't know, won't hurt her.
>>
>>299153
I will bring people back but only as shades I wont try to bring someone back from to full life. But i wont raise them for knoldege without their consent before they died not during their death. I will NEVER bring you back or anyone you know. There are not many necromancers and the grimiore i have says to summon a teacher for me. I assume that means consent. I am so sorry for what happened to you." hug da girl
>>
>>299153
Promise. I don't think I could ever manage it, anyhow.

I'm sorry to have dumped this on you, but you guys are the only ones I can talk to about this. I guess I just didn't want to have you find out later that I've been lying for the entire time.
>>
>>299006
>>299005
>>298990
(roll average: 18)
“Well for one he’s a skunk not a cat, but I'm not joking. I investigated the corpses that started walking and stumbled upon necromancy. I’m hoping that by bringing skunkbro you’ll understand not all necromancers are bad.” Well here goes nothing.
“It’s not that I think necromancers are evil, it’s just that I have terrible memories of things that happened because of it” she states trying to hold back tears and looking down at the floor
“W-What happened, maybe it would help if you talked about it?” You say placing your hand on her shoulder and putting on the best sympathy smile you can muster. This is going south fast hopefully you can fix it.
“No, it won’t help. Nothing’s gonna help with THIS” she manages to choke out through her sobs, tears now streaming down her cheeks.
“Well trying to push it down sure as hell ain’t gonna help” you tell her with a slight fake chuckle to try to help settle her down.
“I told you I DON’T want to talk abo-. You know what, fine. If it helps you understand why, I’ll tell you.” she begins to wipe her face and calm down a bit.
“Not sure how that worked.” you mutter to yourself with a sigh of relief
She takes a deep breath and begins to speak “You know how I told you that my parents died in a car accident, well only my mom died. My dad in his depressed state of mind decided to try to bring her back and failed, miserably. He was trying to bring her back to a state of full life as if she never died not realizing how impossible that would be, and when he finished he was left with a vaguely human shaped mass of flesh. Me and Rachel both saw everything before he could hide the evidence. After that he just walked out. I haven’t seen or heard from him since.”
“Jesus christ, I-I had no idea I’m so sorry. I thought you just didn’t like the idea of playing with dead things. I never could have known that that was the reason.” you say eyes wide and slack jawed.
“It’s fine, not like you could’ve known, right? Look I understand that you wanna use necromancy and I’ll be fine with it on one condition” She states with an expression blanker than paper
“Sure, what?”
“Promise me that you will never, and I mean NEVER, try to bring someone back to life.”
>How do you respond?

>>299171
>>299172
>>299196

“I’ll only bring people back as shades, but I’ll never try to bring them back to full life. You have my word on that” you tell her putting your arm around her and getting a little closer to her.
“Thanks, I just don’t want what happened to me to happen again” she says leaning onto you and wrapping her arms around you “You know you’re a pretty alright guy” she says with a wide smile and a little giggle.
“W-What’s that supposed to mean?” you say your face turning red from embarrassment.
(1/2)
>>
>>299153
"I won't bring anyone back to life, but I can't say I won't summon human spirits. There is a necromancer buried here, his grave covered in sigils. I get the impression that he wants to be summoned as a shade, as the runes on his grave are shade summoning runes. Also, I'm really sorry about everything.. I mean it". hug her.
>>
>>299265
please ignore my retardation
>>299171
>>299172
>>299196

“I’ll only bring people back as shades, but I’ll never try to bring them back to full life. You have my word on that” you tell her putting your arm around her and getting a little closer to her.
“Thanks, I just don’t want what happened to me to happen again” she says leaning onto you and wrapping her arms around you “You know you’re a pretty alright guy” she says with a wide smile and a little giggle.
“W-What’s that supposed to mean?” you say your face turning red from embarrassment.
“I’m just saying your a nice guy that’s all, what did you think I meant?” she say looking up at you with her beautiful eyes and perfect smile.
“Oh, uh nothing just wondering you know.” you say looking away, and scratching at the back of your head.
“So what are you two lovebirds doing” Rachels says from the door with a coy smile and a cup of coffee
“N-Nothing, go away!” Liana says shooting straight up off of you and turning as red as a tomato
“Mhmm sure, so whatcha doing? Oh and don’t worry I’m not gonna try to charm you or anything like that.” Rachel says sipping her coffee
>tell her to leave you two alone
>fill her in
>invite her to join you
>Write-in
>>
>>299276
"just sharing some magic tricks, that's all"
also after big sis is out of ear shot I want protag to ask liana if she wants to try using her sight on jacob's grave.
>>
>>299276
>please ignore my retardation
Never.

>>299276
>Write-in
Ask Liana if we should tell Rachel just yet. If the go ahead's given, fill her in.
>>
>>299276

>Write-in

"Oh you know, just talking about magic. Nothing too interesting"
>>
>>299306
This. sis prob know more than lil sis so she can ease it in better. also she can mind rape us.
>>
>>299314
This.
>>
>>299337
seconding this this
>>
>>299306
>>299314

“Just talking about magic stuff, nothing too interesting.” You respond trying to get her to leave as soon as possible
“Alright, I just came over to offer if you wanted something to eat since I was going to make myself something. So, want anything?” Rachel responds leaning into the doorframe
“No, we’re fine thanks” you say hoping it will get her to leave
“You sure?” Rachel asks “I’m not gonna be cooking later.”
“Yeah, I’m sure.” you say rolling your eyes
“Alright” Rachel says heading toward the kitchen
You wait a little while to ask Liana if you should tell her about your magic
“I wouldn’t suggest it. She took in the most of that night, so she’ll probably be a bit harder to convince her to support your ‘interests’.” Liana responds
“So that’s out of the picture for right now. So I was wondering if you could ‘look’ at something for me?” you ask her
“Depends what it is.” she says
“Someone's grave.”
“Um may I ask why?” she asks giving you a worried look
>What do you tell her? (roll a d20 for chance to convince)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>299477
This time I'll get that crit fail!
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>299477
"It's a necromancer's grave, covered in runes, but the runes are invisible to the naked eye. I only know about them cause of well you know... Anyways, I was wondering if maybe you could see something I can't see"
>>
>>299489
oh jeez could we get someone else to roll please
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>299505
stand back, I got this
>>
>>299649
maybe we should ask liana if she wants to see a movie for real after doing this
>>
>>299492
>>299492

"It's a necromancer's grave, covered in runes, but the runes are invisible to the naked eye. I only know about them cause of well you know... Anyways, I was wondering if maybe you could see something I can't see" you tell her
“I guess it couldn’t hurt to look, but I don’t think we should tell Rachel where we’re going exactly”
“Alright, where should we tell her we’re going then?”
“Let’s just say we’re heading out to watch a movie or something mundane”
“Sounds good to me. You wanna grab anything before we go?”
“Just let me get my phone and we can go.”
You and Liana head downstairs to tell Rachel you’re going out
“Alright have fun then, and make sure Liana gets home safely.” She says giving you a motherly smile
“I will, don’t worry”
You and Liana head down to the graveyard to inspect jacob’s grave and uncover whatever secrets those symbols may hold

sorry about the wait times writing in another persons style is pretty hard also I'm gonna be gone for a little while so I can take care of some things I might be on later but most likely not
>>
>>299661

No worries Skele,
>>
>>299661
keep up the good work :)
>>
Sad to see original Skelly go, but glad to see Skele's picked it up where he left off. This quest was gold, if it dies REANIMATE IT.
>>
it would be cool if original skelly popped out of the closet from time to time to give his opinion on the direction the quest is going in.
>>
>>299661
You're doing fine so far senpai.
>>
Hey folks. Sorry for the uncertainty and turmoil of the last few days. Looks like Skelemore is passing the torch as well. I've talked to the new new guy and he seems pretty sharp. He's asked me to stay on as a sort of co-QM, riding in the back seat to help keep things in line continuity wise and straighten out plot details. I agreed to do so. Hopefully Modern Necromancy quest will continue in a more regular format shortly. Thanks to everybody who's stuck around.
>>
>>309115
Huh. Guess we aren't dead just yet. Nice to see you're gonna be around Skelly, looking forward to seeing this around.
>>
It seems I am the QM now.
I will be continuing this quest once I have all of my managerial shit in one sock.

Thank you, everyone who's still sticking around!
>>
>>309133
WHEN THIS QUEST DIES WE RAISE IT MOFO!
>>
I'll probably be resuming this quest at some point around 1200 MST. I'm using tonight to go through all the previous threads and get all my shit straight.

This is my first quest. I'm all kinds of nervous about this shit.
>>
>>309511
You'll be right mate
>>
So I have a question for anyone checking the thread before I start the quest rolling again later today.

Would you guys rather I keep rolling with the quest as-is, or would you prefer I back up to where Skelly left off and rewrite our big reveal and Liana's reaction?
>>
>>309712
Either way is fine by me. It'd give us a chance to reroll some choices if we went back but I don't think there's any need to do so since we did pretty good so far. Might as well just start from here so we can right down to it.
>>
Apologies about the delay, folks; QM is having technical issues and company at the same time. I'll let you know when shit's cleared up and ready to roll.
>>
>>310217
Whatever you need my friend.
>>
>>310217
Links to discord chat.
https://discord.gg/svgEs
>>
oops i accidentally a new thread
>>314858
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.