[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ General Thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: CivGeneral.jpg (5MB, 5398x3708px) Image search: [Google]
CivGeneral.jpg
5MB, 5398x3708px
Someone had to be the first to post this, so screw it- we do it live!

Will a loxo game ever survive to maturity?

Will mindflayer quest return?

Why have both vampire quest OPs gone mysteriously missing?

(animal)-folk chart when?

All this and more!
>>
Also, will I be elected modship of this new board?
>>
File: civ_chart.png (2MB, 720x2259px) Image search: [Google]
civ_chart.png
2MB, 720x2259px
>>29397
>>
Eh, I'm thinking of running a Civ quest later today.
>>
>>29478

What time? Wouldn't want to miss voting.
>>
>>29397
War-Ent civ when?
>>
>>29399
to be fair, having an actual mod who knows quests/civs would help a lot.
>>
>>29531

My point exactly.

(am secretly Otter Quest guy)
>>
>>29536
RIP u.
>>
>>29531
Not to mention one willing to remove kebab.

And by kebab I mean Myrmposting.
>>
>>29550
Stop your shitposting.
>>
>>29397
I miss all of them. ;_;
Maybe since summer is almost here, more civ quest will come back.
>>
>>29544

I don't want to start one until I know for a fact that I can go a whole day without being interrupted. Maybe in the summer.
>>
>>29640
Completely fair, bud. Fingers crossed.
>>
File: BERNIE-SANDERS.jpg (41KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
BERNIE-SANDERS.jpg
41KB, 500x356px
>>29661

I vow that upon being granted modship, I will finally perma-ban Myrm-spammers once and for all!
>>
>>29746
See >>29576

The reason you all get banned is because you spend more time shitposting than actually being constructive.
>>
>>29759
Irony.
>>
>>29759

I'm going to take this bait and put it as reasonably as I can:

Myrm charts were an original idea.

That's cool!

However, not many people gave it attention, and it faded away. People simply didn't care for it, and the 4chan system filtered it down.

No matter what though, even if you're idea is super cool, NO ONE likes spam. If you want your idea to fly, host your own game, and find a group that likes it instead of shoving it down others throats.

Got it?

Also:

>>29780
>>
>>29808
Things you don't like aren't spam.
>>
>>29839
Stuff you don't want continuously shoved down your throat is spam. Got nothing to do with liking it or not.
>>
>>29839

> things NO ONE's ever liked are spam.

If this bugs you so much, please start your own game.
>>
>>29839
What's your mental disorder? Be honest.

Where in the autistic spectrum are you?
>>
>>29942
Don't be ableist, just because your tastes are bad.
>>
>>29988

Thank you for getting people to support the idea of me receiving modship.
>>
>>30026
STOP SHITPOSTING.
>>
What races should get more attention?
>>
>>30874
These >>29467
>>
I'm gonna do a Civ tomorrow, what should I do? What race? I'm thinking either as colonizers coming to the new world from 17th century fantasy Europe or Tribals in the New World.
>>
>>33671
See >>29467
>>
>>33671
If you're going colonizers than I suggest either Goblins, Myceanea, Slime, or Insects for that breeding strength. Need a lot of people to live in the colonies.
>>
>>30874
Fauns, Gnomes, Homunculus, Tengu, Fairy and Arachni.
>>
>>33671
Any races YOU would prefer?

Either of those scenarios could be fun, though.
>>
>>33671
>>33812
colonizers with goblins as the invading species sounds pretty novel to me. Less of the imposing look that is stereotypical with colonizers.

>>33847
Can't imagine Tengu or Arachni as colonizers, though. How would that work?

>>33871
and this is, of course, important.
>>
>>33871
I quite like the idea of Goblins or Trolls, but all of these things sound interesting. Fauns seem a more native race, along with Faries. Homunculi could be done well, and Mycenae fit both sides. Slimes are difficult to incorporate, but could be rewarding. Almost any race can be moulded to fit the basic premise.
>>
>>33942
Pick a colonizing race, a native race, and a "sleeping race" initially hidden away from both that owned the area long before the "natives" came around.
>>
>>33983
Hmm... I've got an idea.
>>
>>34013

What's the idea?
>>
>>34013
Do tell.
>>
>>38364
>>36339
Something similar to the puritans escaping to the new world, with Goblin Alchemists running from the old world with their most recent creations in the form of Constructs and Golems.
>>
>>39750
>>39696
Here's the thread.
>>
>>39752
Noice
>>
Who here remembers my Ogre Civ from ages ago? First off, I'd like to apologise for it burning out and stuff. Secondly, in my pathfinder game I run, one of my players is playing an ogre (same setting), what advice would you give to him?
>>
>>49286
advice about WHAT?

about the only thing I can tell you is that the main obstacle with Ogres or Trolls or any "dumb" races is that, while they aren't actually dumb, it's difficult to portray their intelligence/culture. It is specifically NOT robotic nor focused on definitions.

It's like portraying shamanism, only it extends beyond magic and into how they develop technology.
>>
>>29397
Come play my Multirace Civ game, I have the rules down pretty well to allow for player to run multiple different races
>>
>>49298
Forgot the fucking Link gadamn

>>48642
>>
File: Chest.jpg (14KB, 324x277px) Image search: [Google]
Chest.jpg
14KB, 324x277px
Woah, there is a board for quests now? And even has a Civ general here?
Well ain't that nice, here are the event card resources for you guys.

For all civ masters there is a selection of 40 event cards available for your free use made by yours truly.

Reminder: These are OPTIONAL tools for CMs to spice up their campaign. They purposefully do not have any specifics, their effects and interpretation is at the full discretion of the CM. I realize some events are uniformly good and some are uniformly bad, I did my best to have them interesting.

Currently there is no order, system or rule set behind them (not yet at least) so their usage is also completely up to the CM. For example "ore vein" is only intended to find an ore vein but what kind of ore is up to the CM. Events that affect some races negatively might not affect others or affect them positively. For example plague might not affect undead/constructs Civs unless the CM rules that it is a special plague but affect living races. Mystic vortex would not affect low magic Civs but heavily affect high magic Civs. Insect swam may be devastating to agricultural races but may be beneficial to insect eating races etc. Feel free to get creative with their use you can even have a roll or vote with the players to choose from a list of positive or negative effects.

The card album is at imgur
http://imgur.com/a/xtYLp#0

There is also a selection of card hand pictures for fluff or for your players to draw from as well as the card back.
http://imgur.com/a/dPcrN#0

Enjoy!
>>
>>49461
fuck it, I'm just going to save this post on the offchance I feel like making a copypasta OP.
>>
>>49461
Thanks for the help.
>>
A new run open up.
>>51316
>>
Hey guys, pretty sure my thread died, anyone can join. free of transaction.just need more players.
>>44086

its a civ thread, demons
>>
File: Robot Awe.jpg (116KB, 392x600px) Image search: [Google]
Robot Awe.jpg
116KB, 392x600px
I sort of want to play as religious bots but I don't know how. Anyone have any tips and ideas?
>>
>>56928
>I sort of want to play as religious bots but I don't know how. Anyone have any tips and ideas?
A programming glitch in their AI? Did you see Star Trek's V'ger? Read "Reason" from Asimov's Robot novel series.

Religion is usually born from people having things they cannot explain and thus substitute them with their imagination that seems "appropriate" for their culture. If your robots have AI then they could come to the same conclusion that they just cannot find an answer to some questions and in turn fabricate imagined things to explain things they cannot understand.

I mean most of religion is centered around performing rituals/rites a robot's programming for performing tasks could also be substituted for these. Like a robot that must clean a house could suffer damage to its programing that makes it forget why exactly he must do it, but because he doesn't understand the reason for cleaning because it doesn't know about bacteria, infections, dust, etc it can come to the conclusion that it must clean the house because "god wills it" and no explanation is needed.
>>
File: Vivi.Ornitier.full.1088671.jpg (31KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Vivi.Ornitier.full.1088671.jpg
31KB, 900x600px
>>56928
>>
File: FF Bhunivelze.png (1MB, 800x992px) Image search: [Google]
FF Bhunivelze.png
1MB, 800x992px
>>57414
This is your god for your run. How do you respond?
>>
File: lanternman.png (703KB, 538x770px) Image search: [Google]
lanternman.png
703KB, 538x770px
>>
>>60415
What are Lantermen's stats?
>>
>>61246
Whatever you say they are.
>>
>>58691
I hope you don't mind extremely inaccurate depictions, your Overdesignedness. There's only so much we can do with wood and pewter.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.