[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Tales of Jack Chitin #6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 20

File: Everything is fire.png (46KB, 434x491px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is fire.png
46KB, 434x491px
"She is lewd, she is sexy, she is... The Murderbug!" Edition

The Tales of Jack Chitin is a fantasy adventure with a good amount of gallows humor. The quest includes: custom art, light tabletop combat scenes and an emphasis on lore and world building.

Chapter summary pictures
Want to catch up with the story, but don't like reading a lot of dialogue? The chapter summaries contain key scenes with a short description.
WARNING: Plot spoilers though
Chapter 1
http://i.imgur.com/3mY3ac5.png
Chapter 2 - STILL ONGOING!
http://i.imgur.com/aiPlKuu.png

Archive
Want the full experience? Find all the posts so far here in chronological order:
http://grubadventures.tumblr.com/chapterlist

Twitter
https://twitter.com/grubadventures

Last thread
>>204627

Sit back, relax, the adventure continues momentarily!
>>
File: Hláturskast.jpg (49KB, 676x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hláturskast.jpg
49KB, 676x720px
>That image
>>
Welcome generations old and new! We will continue in about 15 minutes. Until then, sit back and relax.
>>
>>214183
That face hurts my. And wear a lot of my hate for Murderbug com's form.
>>
Living on a prayer for some lewd Murderbug artwork.
>>
>>214211
Don't you mean "living on a prayer mantis"?
>>
>>214231

Exactly
>>
I just want to see how the murderbug looks like. In the earlier threads Grub used as a mascot character of sorts a red praying mantis, but I doubt that's how the actual murderbug is.
>>
File: Unknown Realm 1.png (69KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Realm 1.png
69KB, 960x507px
You can recall being here before. The place hasn't changed at all, the sense tranquillity and horror mix together into a disturbing atmosphere.

Jack Chitin
"I know that you're here. We've been over this once, so come out already, instead of leaving me to wander for hours like last time."

Nothing but silence in the red mist that not only envelops your body, but your very soul. Jack lets out a sigh and stars walking around. Jack knows that the voice is here, but it's playing games, so he decides to play along.

Jack Chitin
"What is this? How does this even make sense? Am I floating? I can feel like something solid is beneath me, since I can walk over it, but I can only see a slowly moving mist around me."

Still no response, silent like a graveyard.

Jack Chitin
"You know, I don't hate you, we were put together by force. Call it destiny or whatever you will, neither of us probably wants this. So why do we play these games? It's been like this for 7 years."

???
"You're so cute when you overcomplicate things~"

Jack lets out an annoyed sigh.

Jack Chitin
"Then why don't you explain it to me? I'm tired of these games. For the last 7 years, torment and pain. I don't even know where I am anymore, or why I even exist after getting chopped to pieces. So, I'm at rock bottom, I have nothing to lose anymore."

???
"Wait, really? You mean, you'll finally listen?!", the voice said in excitement

Jack just raises his hands a bit and then lets them fall to his body, expressing his tired spirit.

???
"Oh, Larvae~... Just extend your arm."

Here we go again with the games, Jack thinks to himself, but at this point he just doesn't care about anything anymore. A small praying mantis lands on Jack's hand. They both stare at each other for a few moments in dead silence.

Possible actions
>Jack: "So, are we going to stare at each other like this for eternity?"
>Jack: "You're quite a piece of work, you know that?"
>Jack: "What do you gain from my death?"
>Write-in
>>
>>214264
>>
>>214264
>Jack: "What do you gain from my death?"
I so want to CRUSH her in our hands right now. But I won't even though I really want to.
>>
>>214264

>>
File: Unknown realm 2.png (40KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown realm 2.png
40KB, 960x507px
>>214274
>>214277
>>214287

Jack Chitin
"You're quite a piece of work, you know that?"

???
"You have no idea what's about to follow now, do you?~", she giggles in excitement

Jack Chitin
"What?", you ask in uninterested and tired tone

Suddenly you remember, when you first two met, 7 years ago. You start to blush and sweat, and your tired tone simply vanishes.

???
"I see that you're excited, aren't you?~", she continues to giggle

Jack Chitin
"No, no no no, I can still control how you look! Please, I'm trying to get better, why are you doing this to me?", you start to panic and whimper

???
"Oh my sweet larvae~. You are torturing yourself, it pains my heart. Why are you resisting? Do you even imagine how good it will feel when you finally embrace me?~", she said in a genuinely caring tone

Jack grabs his head. He doesn't know what to think anymore. Maybe it's fate, maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Jack Chitin
"Look... I don't know what to think anymore. I've spent the last years of my life in suffering. I've ran from you, your malice scared me, I didn't want to become like you. I don't understand anything. I never have, I was just running away, in fear..."

???
"That's understandable and I don't blame you, the only thing that you humans will always respond to is pain and fear. I've known this from the beginning, and I knew that it would take a lot of time for you to finally embrace the fear. Now that you jumped over that wall, you are finally ready to see."

???
"Why do you think I call you "larvae"? Because you're finally ready to grow, and I'm so proud of you~"

Jack Chitin
"Thanks... I guess.", Jack smiles a bit

???
"Ohhh... mhhhm~. Jack, you don't know what you do to me~ You don't know how hard it is to hold back in this very moment~", she moans in a cute tone

Jack Chitin
"I've been running away from you, and it has only caused me pain and suffering. Maybe... maybe I... was wrong. I won't act like I'm all innocent. I could have asked for this earlier. I don't even know your name. I don't know who or what you are, or what do you want. I was repressing you within me for all this time, instead of facing my fears."

???
"Ohh Larvae~"

Jack Chitin
"I know what you want to do next. I'll humor you...", Jack said while letting out a sigh

???
"Don't act larvae, I know that we both enjoy our little games~", she said in a exited tone

Possible Actions
>"...just... just be gentle."
>"...I don't care anymore... just go wild."
>Write-in
>>
Sorry for the long wait, I had to do something really fast. I'll pick up the pace from here on!
>>
>>214386
>"...just... just be gentle."

Finally, mantis-sempai noticed us!
>>
>>214386

Jack shall have his bug fetish be satisfied in the most lustful way possible.
>>
>>214386

I don't like where this is going.
>>
>>214386
Murderbug still sounds like a Bitch to me.
>>
The idiot that I am, I forgot to update the archives with the posts from yesterday... And ahem, you know what you need to do soon. When I post the next "possible actions" post, then go take a look and come back to vote for the next actions.

In any case, update soon fellow anons.
>>
>>214556
It's okay we all make mistakes
>>
Gentlemen, let the party begin!

The archives: http://grubadventures.tumblr.com/

Possible actions
>"That would be nice. You know all about me, but I don't know anything about you."
>"Please, stay like this for a little longer."
>Write-in
>>
>>214625
>"That would be nice. You know all about me, but I don't know anything about you."

I guess she's a womantis now.
>>
>>214625

>"Please, stay like this for a little longer"

(Jack is too hypnotized by sexy bug lady to resist her womanly charms)
>>
>>214645
You're on fire with these puns!
Well congratulations, you made me laugh. What's the next step in your master plan?!

Also, I'll wait a few more moments for other actions, then I'll make the next scene.
>>
>>214625
>>
>>214625
She is hot but I still don't like her.
>>
File: Banetis.png (585KB, 1025x683px) Image search: [Google]
Banetis.png
585KB, 1025x683px
>>214687
Crashing this thread, with no survivors!
>>
File: Unknown Realm 3.png (17KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Realm 3.png
17KB, 960x507px
>>214645
>>214662
>>214690
>>214694

Jack Chitin
"You are so beautiful, it's breathtaking... uh yeah, yeah, cards on table, that would be nice. You know all about me, but I don't know anything about you."

???
"Well, aren't you the charmer?~", she giggles and pulls her leg back, letting you stand up

???
"Lets get rid of this red haze so you can breath more easily."

She snaps her fingers and the mist vanishes.

Xeri
"I am Xeriana, Hive Queen, the Goddess of Insects. But just for you lover boy, you can call me Xeri~", she winks at Jack and giggles

Xeri
"The place you are currently at is the Realm of the Deities. Here, all of the gods and goddesses reside in their own dominion. You probably know about various deities in the Mortal Realm. All sorts of species worship us, and we return in kind."

Jack Chitin
"I know that the gods and goddess have their own agenda and use the mortals to achieve them in one way or the other."

Xeri
"The more people worship us, the stronger we become. That is correct, our world works similarly to yours. We have petty squabbles and wars among ourselves, but we can't do it directly. Basically the Mortal Realm is our chessboard where we engage in proxy wars to spread our dominion. You probably know of one, the rivalry between the Solar Knights and the Lunar Priesthood."

Jack Chitin
"So, why me? Why do I interest you?"

Xeri
"The gods and goddesses, often choose their personal champions. But in my case... I love you, Jack~"

Suddenly Jack's heart skips a few beats. Nobody ever said that to him, not even Luna.

Xeri
"You feel the connection between us? The same feeling you have for me, mine is ten fold towards you. How this came to be, that's even a mystery to myself. Whenever I look at you, my heart goes wild. I want you, Jack. I love you~", she said with passion

Jack's head is about to explode, he tries to let out some words, but it looks like he's going to choke and faint. Xeri giggles at his attempts to speak.

Possible actions
>"I-I-I have... I need to p-p-p-process this... give me s-second..."
>"I-I didn't k-know you felt l-like this as w-well..."
>>
>>214784
>>"I-I-I have... I need to p-p-p-process this... give me s-second..."

So Jack made love to a literal goddess, who is also a prayer mantis. Ok then.
>>
>>214824
>So Jack made love to a literal goddess
He didn't yet. I mean just look at him, his spaghetti is flying in all directions.
>>
>>214830
Well, he got a bug goddess inside him, so it´s only fair that he should get inside her, right?
>>
>>214784
Okay I don't hate xeri anymore but I am still worried about Luna. And I haven't forgotten about how we got here. I can forgive what happened to us but Luna went through our death hard.
>>
>>214784
I was NOT disappointed, Murderbug a QT.
>>
>>214824
Don't mantis eat their mate's
>>
>>214873
Not when they're demons
>>
>>214784
Please tell me this is not love at first sight.
>>
>>214784
>bullshit you just need me for your end goals
>>
>>214841
>>214849
>>214872
>>214873
>>214877
>>214895
>>214925

Ahem, there is some Habanero falvored text, you know the drill.

Possible actions
>"How does it work?"
>"Wait... there must be a catch... this sounds to good to be true."
>>
>>214982
>"How does it work?"
Do explain, Mrs Murderbug. *Sips tea*
>>
>>214982
>>
>>214982
>>
>>214982
Oh there my hate again we died because xeri mass up our hearing and I don't like the way she acts like she has done nothing wrong with she has.
I want to go back to the land of the living again but I want to know what that will do.
>>
File: Unknown Realm 5.png (83KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Realm 5.png
83KB, 960x507px
>>215004
>>215005
>>215016
>>215034

Jack Chitin
"Wait... there must be a catch... this sounds to good to be true."

Xeri's smile fades some more.

Xeri
"Trust me Jack. I mean... I understand. I shouldn't blame you, I just bombarded you with a lot of information. It's natural for you to be sceptical about all this. To doubt. I don't expect you to believe all of this. But look into your heart, and see how you feel about me, that is how I feel about you. I would never do something to hurt you Jack. I love you too much to do that.", she said with a smile

Xeri
"The Underworld is governed by another god. And I might get in trouble for snatching your soul before he could since that is his official duty. But I'd rather die fighting before I let your soul into his hands."

Jack blushes. He still can't get used to the fact that somebody loves him.

Xeri
"You see, like I mentioned before, each god can have only one champion. Once that champion is chosen, the god or goddess can bless them with their favor. Then I will have the power to send you back to the moral world. There is a ritual, and it has a few steps before you can officially become my champion."

Jack Chitin
"Alright, what is the first step?"

Xeri
"You need to prove your might, your devotion to be my knight in shining armor~", she smiles

Possible actions
>"I'll do anything to be your champion."
>"What do you have in mind?"
>Write-in
>>
>>215107

Gotta get back to Luna.
>>
>>215107
>>
>>215107
Gotta do as we are told if we ever want to see Luna again.

But we should ask, can we romance someone from the mortal world without getting in bother with her or another deity? I'm sure Xeri will understand...
>>
>>215107
>"What do you have in mind?"
Oh my god Xeri is a Yandere it's all makes sense now! The bloody murder the I'm all was right attitude God damit we are fucked!
>>
File: Yandere Xeri.png (188KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yandere Xeri.png
188KB, 640x480px
>>215134
>I'm sure Xeri will understand...
>>215134
>Oh my god Xeri is a Yandere

Lads, we are sooo fucked...

Also, update soon
>>
>>215165
my hate for Xeri turned into fear so fast. But I still do hate her though.
>>
>>215165
I don't hate xeri character i hate that she is massing with us so much.
>>
File: Unknown Realm 6.png (17KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Realm 6.png
17KB, 960x507px
>>215113
>>215114
>>215120
>>215134

Jack Chitin
"I'll do anything to be your champion. I need to get back to Lun..."

Xeri's face descends into anger. She groans.

Xeri
Ugh, that little princess. I don't know what you see in her. She isn't even a goddess...", Xeri gets jealous and starts mumbling to herself.

Jack Chitin
"I... I'm sorry Xeri, I didn't want to hurt you. It's just that I'm really confused right now, I don't know what to think. I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..."

Xeri's face relaxes a bit. She understands what Jack is going through. He spent most of his life in isolation, and is just looking for someone to love him.

She turns around to face Jack, she places her palm on his cheek.

Xeri
I understand Jack. I'm much like you with a short temper and I get easily jealous. It's just that I don't want to lose you to anyone. You mean a lot to me, and I would be the happiest goddess in the Deity Realm if you would just think about everything I said so far.

Jack blushes and nods.

Jack Chitin
"Thank you for being so kind to me. I'm just confused, this new feeling is so strange to me..."

Xeri
"Oh my sweet Jack.", she said with a caring voice

Jack Chitin
"So, test my might, right? How do we proceed?"

Xeri
You need to bring me the blood of fallen enemies. Hmm, since I can't send you to the Mortal Realm yet, we can improvise.

She snaps her fingers and turns you into a mantis.

Jack Chitin
"H-Hey, what the?!"

Xeri
"You need to defeat the other insects and bring me their blood. Once you do that, we can go to the second part."

Jack Chitin
"You really love to torture me with your games, don't you?", Jack said in a whimper

Xeri
"Here is your motivation, the winner will be able to mate with the queen.", she winks at Jack and blows him a kiss

Jack Chitin
"I WILL BRING YOU THEIR BLOOD!"

Continuation tomorrow. Recap post in a moment!
Stick around for a few moments if you guys have the time, I would like to ask you some questions about the quest so far
>>
>>215267
I'm here
>>
>>215267
Well. I guess we're a mantis now.

Tell me she will change us back before the mating
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>215313

But being turned into a mantis was Jack's fetish all along.
>>
>>215313
>>215330
>Tell me she will change us back before the mating
She might turn herself into a mantis as well. She could be kinky for all we know.

>>215267
So I'm out of time for today. Thank you everybody for participating today, you have been a lovely audience.

Well, guys that was Xeriana. What are your impressions?

I've seen that some anons are worried about the situation with Luna now. This is where the fun really begins. This quest is really tricky, you should take everything with a grain of salt when you make your decisions, because when I gather your actions I put them in my notes and then later I brainstorm future ideas. Every decision matters.

However, nothing is set in stone. Jack's life and his personality has deeper meaning in a symbolic way. But in layman terms, we can romance either Xeri or Luna and take the consequences of each choice.

However, and that's a BIG HOWEVER, we know that Xeri loves us, but we don't know how Luna feels about us. We can easily burn both bridges if we aren't careful. Hell, there might be a third choice in the future, who knows.

So yeah, like always I'll hang out for 20 or so minutes. I'm eager to hear what you guys think about the whole situation so far. After all these sexy scenes, what do you hope will happen with Luna when and if Jack returns back to the living?
>>
>>215335
I hope Luna ends up with Nell
I mean, Gat probably ha his own sexy demon lady too, and Sanctus wants to murder her. It's the only pairing left.
>>
>>215335
Xeri is best girl, full stop. Sorry Luna, but you aren't a lewd transforming Murderbug goddess who indirectly guts you in front of all your friends just so you and her can have tea. That takes some dedication to pull off. Just as long as she lets us remain friends with Luna...
>>
>>215335
I hope that Jack can be with both Xeri and Luna. But if I have to pick 1 it be Luna.
>>
>>215357
>>215335
I ship Nell and gat
>>
>>215335

Robbing the innocence of your childish best friend is the best way to feel, since you get to be the man in that situation. Being raped by a kinky half-bug half-human woman will really "eat" at you morality, but worth it if you enjoy being a little bitch.
>>
>>215367
Do you have a thing for Yanderes.
>>
>>215420
Not shipping Gat and Jack with their respectivve demons

Shit taste familía
>>
I hope Gat's demon/goddess/possesing entity is half as fun as Xeri is
>>
>>215440
Do you really think a romantic relationship with xeri will end well and the relationship be master and puppet a very beloved puppet but still a fucking puppet. At least that what I see.
>>
>>215462
Nothing wrong with being a god-puppet
>>
>>215462

At worst, he will be a puppet. At best, he could become a demigod. Worth the risk I say, and it comes with the added bonus or not being considered disgusting by others
>>
>>215437
>Robbing the innocence of your childish best friend is the best way to feel, since you get to be the man in that situation
I can't think everything better than that.
>>
>>215357
>It's the only pairing left
There will be more characters in the future

>>215367
>who indirectly guts you in front of all your friends just so you and her can have tea
The wording is just priceless. You hit the point on the head. Xeri may look Yandere at first, but she's really a nice person, once you get around the bloodlust.

>>215383
We'll see what happens, but it will surely be chaotic to say the least

>>215437
>Being raped by a kinky half-bug half-human woman
What if she's actually pretty submissive and loving, and Luna turns out to be a deviant like Gat? WHAT A TWIST!

>>215462
>master and puppet
Interesting. So that's how you see them? Once and if we get back to the land of the living, he will have many occasions to prove himself to Xeri if he so wishes.

>>215456
>I hope Gat's demon/goddess/possesing entity is half as fun as Xeri is
You might get your answer soon enough!

>>215473
>added bonus or not being considered disgusting by others
This is a really important point. Good observation. Think of it this way, all that bloodshed back at the barracks, there was a part of Jack that wanted to do it as well. The people in Urno and a lot of people in his life treated him like shit.

This is the duality. Xeri is 100% to blame, there is this part of Jack that attracts him to Xeri, the bloodlust and revenge, and there is this yearning for peace that attracts him to Luna. That constant conflict in his mind is driving him insane.
>>
>>215473
You have a Pont but I still want to be in a romantic relationship with Luna she a nice girl.
>>
>>215490
>but I still want to be in a romantic relationship with Luna she a nice girl.
This is the path I want to take with all aspects of the quest.

I personally find it boring when you can guess how something will end half way through a story.

I try my best to make the decisions as fun and interesting as possible. In the quest morality is subjective and the line between good and bad is very thin.
>>
>>215487
>Xeri is 100% to blame
Pardon, she is NOT 100% to blame. It was a typo.
>>
>>215487

What if Xeri is using you to get to Luna and have hot lesbian sex while laughing at Jack for thinking he would get a girl by the end of the story just because he was the protagonist? DOUBLE TWIST!!!
>>
>>215487
I don't see a problem with a bit of murder if that person deserves it but I like peace at times as well I don't see why we can't do both you know kill the bad people and and be nice to the nice people.
>>
>>215523
I'd be okay with that
>>
>>215523
>>215530
I won't like that that would make me mad.
>>
>>215527
>I don't see why we can't do both you know kill the bad people and and be nice to the nice people
We can, nothing is stopping us. However, whatever do it leaves marks and consequences. When I think of the story and all, I don't think of it as good and bad stuff, more like action and reaction. That's why I like a more darker setting than a high fantasy where a lot of the time, the good guys are always noble and the evil guys are always evil.

I will also explore more of Sanctus. The Solar Knights aren't your "goody two shoes" protectors, there is some pretty shady stuff going on there as well.

Remember when those two guards beat the shit out of Gat? They said "heal him after so we don't give the public the wrong impression". A lot of stuff in world of the quest has deeper meaning.

>>215523
I'm seriously considering to make a few "joke non-canon" pin up posters of stuff like this, I'm dead serious

In any case, my time for today is up. Hope to catch you guys tomorrow.
>>
>>215523
Imagine this, a detailed drawing of Luna, Xeri and the Shadow Jester, in "questionable" poses hugging each other
>>
>>215574
>>215567
Do it

We need more lewd pics
>>
>>215574
Seconding
>>
>>215574
do it

I need new fap material
>>
File: Ded.png (70KB, 523x511px) Image search: [Google]
Ded.png
70KB, 523x511px
Are we goin' on a date with the hive queen or not? Find out in 1~ hour!
>>
>>217442

Because Jack knows that he has a better chance of scoring with Xeri than Luna.
>>
>>217572
Ha, that's pretty funny. But on the flip side, it actually makes sense. Maybe a mantis in the hand is worth more than two in the hive.

Also, I'll post the next scene momentarily. Sit back, relax, we are about have more cute and lewd scenes!
>>
File: Unknown Realm 7.png (13KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Realm 7.png
13KB, 960x507px
Xeri summons some bugs to challenge Jack's might!

Jack Chitin
"Hey, this isn't fair! I though this would be an one on one death match!"

Xeri
What is it Jackie boy? Afraid you're gonna lose?~, she chuckles

Jack Chitin
"I hate your games so much!", he said while producing angry mantis noises

Possible actions
>RIP AND TEAR!
>Defeat the insects in a calm and calculated manner
>Write-in
>>
>>217640
>RIP AND TEAR! DEVOUR THEM!
>>
>>217640

First, tackle the flying bug and rip off its wings to give yourself air control. Next, Use that height advantage to fly onto the beetle and bite off its neck from its weak neck. Then, get around the centipede and bite off its tail section to get rid of its length and natural weapon. Finally, finish off the remaining two bugs with your sheer strength.
>>
>>217640
We are not a power house 3 on 1 are not good odds plus 1 of them can fly.
>>
File: Unknown Realm 8.png (20KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Realm 8.png
20KB, 960x507px
>>217685
>>217687
>>217692

Jack starts off calm and calculated, using various flying and combat manoeuvres to incapacitate his enemies. At the end, the sight of gushing blood sends Jack in a frenzy and he starts ripping the insects limb by limb with sheer brute force.

Xeri whistles and suddenly her huge insect minions form an audience to cheer Jack on.

Xeri
"Woohoo! Go, go, Jackie boy!", she said while giggling.

After a few moments, Jack dispatches all of the insects and bathes in their blood. The crows goes berserk while chanting Jack's name! He turns to the crowd, everybody cheering for him. Jack looks in awe, never had he experienced such approval from so many people. Jack turns toward Xeri.

Jack Chitin
"I will be your champion!", Jack yells while splashing himself with the blood of his enemies

Xeri blushes and giggles in excitement.

Xeri
"Well done! You've proven your strategic superiority and pure might!", she said while snapping her fingers, turning Jack back to normal

Jack Chitin
"So, did I look good or what?", Jack says in a confident tone while striking a victorious pose, flexing his muscles

Xeri
"You passed with flying colors! Hmm, also aren't you forgetting something?~"

Jack starts thinking. He's positive that he just needed to kill the enemy insects. Xeri approaches him, wraps her hands around his neck and pulls herself towards him, then whispers in his ear.

Xeri
"The queen is ready to give you your reward~"

Jack freezes stiff like a block of ice while letting out an audible gulp. Something pokes Xeri in the hip.

Xeri
"Oh my~", she giggles

Xeri
"Relax lover boy, we can't yet~. Even though I want you so bad~", she bites her lip, letting out a few cute moans

Jack blushes in embarrassment, but he's glad that somebody enjoys and appreciates his display of power.

Jack Chitin
"Ahem... So what's the next step?"

Xeri
"Hmhmhm~ ... huh? Oh, next step! Uhhh, you need to uhh, let's see now uhhh...", she is shifting her gaze around the place trying to think

Xeri
"Bathe! Yeah, that's right, you need to wash your previous allegiances. You need to devote yourself to your goddess only~", she smiles, still in your embrace, slowly massaging your neck with her index finger

Possible actions
>"Alright. So I'm assuming gonna summon a bathtub and some leather curtains?"
>"Bathe? Xeri, are you sure this is right?"
>Write-in
>>
>>217754
When xeri said wash away ours allegiances she means with the God's and not our friend Luna right.
>>
>>217754

>"Bathe? Xeri, are you sure this is right?"
There is no way I am suppose to bath without reveling in the blood of my foes first in all of my muscular glory.
>>
>>217805
Yes, so we will serve no other god/goddess, only her.
>>
>>217754
>"But I just did, in the blood of the weak. I am yours and yours alone."
>>
>>217754
>"Alright. So I'm assuming gonna summon a bathtub and some leather curtains?"
>>217815
I have no problem with that then as long she doesn't ask us to kill Luna. Because that would be a deal breaker.
>>
File: Unknown Realm 9.png (12KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Realm 9.png
12KB, 960x507px
>>217805
>>217808
>>217831

Xeri pulls herself form Jack's embrace to summon a huge wooden bathtub. She turns towards Jack with a smile.

Jack Chitin
"Ehh... where's the curtains?"

She slowly starts shredding Jack's pants with her sharp index finger, loosening Jack's pants. Your pants will capitulate soon, so you jump into the bathtub to hide your manhood.

Jack Chitin
"Damn it woman, control yourself!"

Jack realizes what he said. Just to think that days ago he was praying to the gods that a woman would prey on him, and now this happens. You start thinking about Xeri with a smile. Suddenly a familiar face pops up and grabs the edge of the bathtub. You both look at each other and laugh together.

Xeri
"Hmhmhm~", she hums in a cute voice while looking at you

You try to humor her.

Jack Chitin
"Can I help you miss?"

Xeri
"I'm thinking of joining you, but I don't know how to swim~ Will you revive me with your lips if I drown?~", she waiting for Jack to jump again

But this time, something interesting happened. She didn't get the response she was looking for. Jack raises his eyebrow and turns towards her.

Jack Chitin
"Hop on in.", he said with a relaxed smile

Xeri froze. She started to blush and didn't know how to react. Her mouth gaping, looking at Jack in awe.

Jack Chitin
"Uh, Xeri a-are you ok? I'm sorry, I j-just uhh, I-I-I thought...", he said while panicking

Xeri
"Huh? Oh y-yeah, I'm o-ok.", she feels embarrassed for blushing so much and is shifting her gaze trying to avoid eye contact with Jack

Jack Chitin
"I'm done. How many steps are there anyway?"

Xeri
"Huh? Ah, the steps yeah, ahem. Two more. For the next one, you should uhhh, hmmm, you should...

Jack Chitin
"Xeri, are you sure you know what you're doing?", Jack looks at her in confusion

Xeri
"CARRY ME! Yeah, that's right, that's correct, you should carry me in your arms. This is symbolic for helping and protecting your goddess in all sorts of dangerous situations!

Xeri
"Now, before we begin, I just want to notify you that I'm ticklish, so you sho... AAAHHH!", Xeri lets out a cute girlish scream

While Xeri was in her thoughts, Jack sneaked up and placed his hands on her legs and back, and picked her up. Xeri tires to process what just happened. She looks into Jack's eyes.

Jack Chitin
"Ready to roll, miss?", Jack looks at her with a warm smile

She blushes again. After a few seconds, she lets out a warm smile and wraps her hands around Jack's neck and pulls her head to his chest.

Xeri
"Mhm~", she said in a cute and sleepy voice

[...]

You're walking and carrying her for some time now. Wait, did she fall asleep?

Possible actions
>Carry her some more
>"Xeri, are you alright?"
>Write-in
>>
>>217876
>"Xeri, are you alright?"
She totally fall asleep in our arms.
>>
>>217876
>Fake panic as a joke and to wake her
>>
>>217876

>Nuzzle her awake with your face like a cute couple.
>>
>>217911
>>217944
>>218041

Ah, don't do this to me guys, I want to do all the actions, they are all pretty good! But I think that she gave us a lot of trouble so far. Let's give her a taste of her own medicine!

Update in a minute
>>
>>218055
you could do>>217911 and have her not wake
followed by >>217944
and finish with lovingly>>218041
>>
>>218079
That sounds good.
>>
File: Unknown Realm 10.png (15KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown Realm 10.png
15KB, 960x507px
>>217911
>>217944
>>218041

She's been torturing you long enough! You try to play a joke on her.

Jack Chitin
"Ah yes miss, of course, you are even more beautiful. Let me just drop this old hag and I'll go out with you.", Jack talks like somebody is next to them

Xeri
"What?! Stay away you bitch, he's mine!", Xeri starts looking for the enemy

Nobody is around, she looks at Jack who has a huge shit eating grin on his face.

Xeri
"Why you little...", Xeri gently punches your chest in anger

Jack Chitin
"You know, the jig is up, I figured your little act. All these steps aren't really necessary, defeating the enemies was enough.", Jack says with a proud smile.

Xeri starts to panic.

Xeri
"I don't k-know what you're talking a-about... This is an ancient ritual of great important...", Xeri starts to sweat and tries to bluff her way out

Jack Chitin
"I had a lot of fun. Thank you, Xeri.", Jack said while looking into Xeri's eyes.

Xeri open her mouth in awe again, but soon switches to a cute smile and hugs your chest.

Jack Chitin
"Nobody treated me like you have today. For years, I wished something like this would happen to me. To think that I just needed to ask. I'm sorry for running away from you for so long. Holding you like this... you don't know how happy and at peace I am."

Jack looks at Xeri and is shocked to find out that she's quietly crying. Not from sadness, however.

Xeri
"It's quite lonely here among the gods, since everybody is backstabbing everybody. I'm glad... I'm happy that you wanted to spend some time with me. I wasn't sure you would agree..."

Jack Chitin
"Holding someone that loves you... I couldn't think of anything else I would be doing right now.", Jack said with a smile while looking into Xeri's eyes.

Jack lowers his head and connects their foreheads. They both smile at each other.

Xeri
"I can~ Are you ready for the final step?~", she giggles

Possible actions
>"Ahem, are you sure there aren't more steps before we finish the ritual?", you want to enjoy this moment some more
>"You're giggling, that can't be good..."
>Write-in
>>
>>218110
>I'M READY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MoXPxA5LM
>>
>>218110

>"You're giggling, that can't be good..."
It's time to get right into the action and find out what this guardian gig is all about

And to shed that exoskeleton, if you catch my drift
>>
>>218110
>Do the last step.
You were right xeri is nice ones you cit to know her.
>>
>>218179
>>218183
>>218191

Alright boys, time for the grand finale! Let's send chapter 2 to the history books in style!

Next scene momentarily!
>>
>>218179
>>218183
>>218191

The grand finale has started! You know where to go.

Possible actions
>Kiss her with passion
Not today! Just enjoy the ride!
>>
>>218400
>Kiss her with passion
>>
>>218400
>Kiss her with passion
>>
>>218400

>Not today! Just enjoy the ride!
Oh, you know it!
>>
>>218400
>Kiss her with passion
>>
>>218407
>>218415
>>218522

Get to the archives lads, for the last scene of chapter 2.

And with that we end the chapter and sadly the session for today. If you guys are interested, I have an announcement and some interesting discussion in the recap post that will follow soon, so stick around if you have some time.
>>
>>218584

So, that's it. We're officially out of the "intro sequence" of the quest, and now the real fun beings. I have a lot of interesting character, places and features in mind for future sessions. I think you guys are going to like it.

Soon we will meet the Shadow Jester, Gat's inner demon, and boy is she a handful. Also, Xeri warned Jack of some big event that will occur in the mortal realm. This will be the catalyst for the future chapters, and boy will it be a wild ride.

What do you guys think of the detailed drawings? I know that some might turn out a bit awkward, I'm still practising body proportions and stuff like that, but I feel like the detailed drawings are pretty fun to do for key scenes.

Other than that, now that we finished chapter 2. In retrospect, what do you guys think of the quest so far? Do you have any personal wishes or hopes for the future? I always like to hear your thoughts, because it's one thing to view a quest form the QM position and another from the player position, so I'm eager to hear what you guys think in general.
>>
Damn son, we got to second base with a deity!
>>
>>218603

So, is Jack alive in the unknown realm, or is this all in his mind, because I'm having a hard time trying to classify this as either a mind fucks or the real deal?
>>
>>218617
>Damn son, we got to second base with a deity!
And now the choice is ours, do we want more?

>>218657
>So, is Jack alive in the unknown realm, or is this all in his mind, because I'm having a hard time trying to classify this as either a mind fucks or the real deal?
He's in the Real of the Deities. It's hard to explain, because it's hard for humans to understand, from Jack's point of view I mean. I want to explore that concept some more, so without delving into spoiler teritory, it's safe to say that the gods/goddesses have power over their own space.

The best way is to imagine it like a huge building where are the gods/goddesses living together, and everybody has their own room. We've seen that Xeri can materialize stuff inside her room. The gods can leave their rooms and talk and interact with other gods, but like Xeri mentioned they can't kill each other in their own realm, so they fight through proxy wars in the Mortal Realm.

So to answer your question, all the interaction with Xeri was the real deal, she just snatched up our soul and materialized it so she could interact with us, and now we're going to get sent back to the Mortal Realm again.

We might gain some new powers!
>>
>>218657
>either a mind fuck or
It's some kind of fuck all right
>>
>>218686
Of course we want more!
>>
>>218687
So, we go for Xeri full force and try to create some mythical creature of legend that we can ride in battle?
>>
>>218603
Will I like your detailed drawings and my hope's for the future is a three sum with Jack and Xeri and Luna.and I like the quest so far.
>>
>>218693
What about Luna? Did she really become yesterday's news?
>>
>>218700
>Jack and Xeri and Luna
We don't know how Luna will react to Xeri. Will we even tell her or keep it a secret? What if Luna proclaims her love to Jack? What if she doesn't?

Decision, decisions...
>>
>>218696
Sure, why not?
>>218703
We should probably just be friends.
>>
>>218713
>We should probably just be friends.

I need to get back into the flow of storytelling in the Mortal Realm.

I don't know how you guys felt for the past few sessions, but at times I totally forgot about Gat and Luna. I mean, Xeri is one hot lady and all, but now that we're going back, it feels like Gat and Luna were in the distant past, even though our death happened literally yesterday from the quest point of view.
>>
>>218703
Luna is still important.
>>
>>218709

Since there are two empty slots for new abilities, my guess for what Jack will learn are some antennas that let him sense stuff moving on the ground and some bug wings that are probably trash-tier by being very fragile.

Also, do you have any non-spoiler artwork for you to show us that may or may not be lewd?
>>
>>218739
So how are we going to tell our friends we are alive again.
>>
>>218770
>So how are we going to tell our friends we are alive again.
That's gonna be a pretty funny scene I imagine. Gat will probably be like "Ehh", however, I don't know how Luna will react.

It's kinda funny, we still don't know much about Luna. Not only how she feels about us, but more of her personality, past and if she's kinky

>>218757
>Luna is still important.
Yes, we still have our pals back in the realm of the living. They aren't going anywhere, we just need to catch up to them.

>>218760
>Jack will learn are some antennas that let him sense stuff moving on the ground and some bug wings that are probably trash-tier by being very fragile.
You're not that far off with your prediction

>Also, do you have any non-spoiler artwork for you to show us that may or may not be lewd?
I'm still keeping my promise, give me a few days and I'll deliver. Hopefully I wont disappoint.

Also on a sidenote, I have some bad news. I have to go on a trip for the weekend and Monday, so there
won't be any sessions for those days sadly. However, we will continue full speed when I get back.

On the bright side, I'll have some time in between to tidy up the archives, make a new summary image for chapter 2 since it's over now, and I"ll have time to think about where the quest will go next and brainstorm future ideas.
>>
>>218869
Also, let's not forget Gat. He still has his Vietnam flashback story and the lovely Shadow Jester we need to meet. There is also Sanctus and his whole story.

Not to mention the future characters that aren't revealed yet.
>>
>>218869
Oh well, see you Tuesday then anon
>>
Well, in any case my time for today is up, thank everybody for participating. Sorry for the short hiatus guys, but once I get back, we continue with the search for Luna and Gat.

If I get back earlier by chance or something, I'll post news on the twitter which you can find in the opening post.
>>
>>218869
Bye have a fun trip to where you are going.
>>
>>214183
haha Jack Shittin
>>
File: 1400042710516.jpg (256KB, 1442x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1400042710516.jpg
256KB, 1442x1059px
>The Tales of Jack Chitin is a fantasy adventure with a good amount of gallows humor. The quest includes: custom art, light tabletop combat scenes and an emphasis on lore and world building.

"oh wow that sounds pretty neat"
>start reading the first chapter
>has a neat curse and powers
>hunt bugs in a dark uncaring world
>where his kind is discriminated against
this seems neat

>eventually devolves into waifuquest #186
>where MC isn't part of a discriminated group, he was retconed into being the one and only of a fucking goddess
>now the biggest issue is balancing his harem
i am so fucking disappointed.
i guess that's what i get for having hopes.
>>
>>225658

Thank you for your input. I value everybodies opinions, but I think you got the wrong first impression on the current happenings in the quest. I spend a good amount of time planning and working on future worldbuilding and lore, so I wouldn't say that the it's a waifuquest first and foremost. I like to give people a lot to chose from. There is combat, lore and yes, even romance for those that like that kind of stuff.

>he was retconed into being the one and only of a fucking goddess
The MC wasn't retconed, he is still being discriminated by the world, most of the world's denizens don't like his kind.

>now the biggest issue is balancing his harem
Like I said, my intentions aren't to make this quest primarily focus on romance

>i am so fucking disappointed.
Well, thanks for giving the quest a shot at least. If you think that I pander with fanservice and nothing else, then I guess I can't change you mind.
>>
>>225658
>he was retconed

The whole demon possession thing was never really explained until then, and remember that only one girl wants to get in our pants as far as we know.
>>
>>225779
>>227512
i must have gotten that across wrong, i wasn't saying the MC and his condition personally was retconned, but rather the fact that it was originally something a good amount of people had, at least enough to earn a slur and a comment of "your kind"
it seemed mostly to be a detriment, something like he was one of the minions of a demon.

but then suddenly he is the chosen one of a literal yandere goddess for no good reason* got a bunch of powers, and now has but to choose from his magical yandere waifu who fell from the sky and his sweet childhood friend like some kind of lame anime protagonist.

*I am going to continue reading solely to see if there actually was a good reason, then maybe it could still be redeemable.
>>
>>229358

>I am going to continue reading solely to see if there actually was a good reason, then maybe it could still be redeemable
Thanks for reconsidering and giving it another shot. You sound like a reasonable anon and I understand why you would think that the quest is suddenly devolving into a Spanish soap opera rather than the original premises. I feared that the sudden change of pace might cause such impression, but I assure you that the whole "death scene" we went through had a good reason behind it. I'm relatively new at running a quest, so maybe I could have played the whole introduction of gods in the world a bit better, but you live and learn.

If you are interested, here are a few key points that might convince you that I like to put effort and thought into the quest:

>but then suddenly he is the chosen one of a literal yandere goddess
She was monitoring ever since he got fucked up by a giant bug, however, the MC refused her offers for more than 7 years. Yearning for companionship for most of his life due to society rejection and isolation, maybe he wants to hold onto someone that appreciates who he is, rather than changing him "for the better" through Luna.

Now this looks all fine and dandy, but considering that consorting with a god/goddess will eventually morally corrode every mortal's soul and corrupt them even further. Like a moth to a flame. Also, he depicted her as a praying mantis symbolical meaning of the mantis being an ambush predator (his sudden death) and eating their mate some of the times (indulging in deviant acts)

Will he continue to humor her or try to find a way to purge her from his soul, that's up to the players. The situation might look idyllic, but consider the following:

>Did Jack agree to become her champion because he likes her or just to get back to the living?
>Is he trying to play her to achieve his own goal?
>Is she trying to play him?

>I am going to continue reading
And to give you a guarantee that might convince you to stay, here are some things that you can look forward to into the future, 100% waifu free. I always welcome new players that like to critically think about the quest. Some parties are not what they seem to be, take everything with a grain of salt. Here is a fraction of what I have in mind for the future:

>What happened to Luna and Gat after we "died"?
>How will Gat handle his own inner demon? Will he accept help?
>What are his Vietnam flashbacks all about?
>Why is Luna helping out Jack? Back in Urno she mentioned that she partook in some horrible medical practices? Does she really like Jack for reasons that we assume, or is there a darker side to the sweet girl?
>Where is Sanctus and why does he wear the helmet?
>Why is he so hell-bent on killing a girl for a crime that is punished by public lashing rather than execution?
>There is a handful of gods that are planing something. Xeriana warned us of a coming event.
>>
>>229358
Also I'm not sure how you caught up to the quest so far, was it through the summary pictures or the full archive on the tumblr link?

If by chance you read the summary pictures and jumped right into the current lewd affairs, I can see why you got the impression.

However, if you have the time, try reading the full archives. You'll see that from the two chapters that we finished at this point in time, which is around 120~ scenes, only the last few scenes of chapter 2 had a more lewd tone to them, which is less than 10% of the quest.

The main meat of the quest will always be dark fantasy, lore, combat and character development. Love is that shining star that will inspire and guide in this dark world, but very hard or even impossible to truly grasp.
>>
>>229741
>>229761
yeah, i read all of it, i'm not the type to complain after halfassedly consuming media.
i might be judging things too soon, the only thing that really bothered me is he went from being part of an entire group of people with their own slur, into the chosen one. maybe the other buzzers just have different bug gods?
>>
>>230734
>maybe the other buzzers just have different bug gods?

Now that's one good question, although I guess we will have to wait until another buzzer appears, as the beginning of the story made it look like buzzers while not exactly common are frequent enough to be known in most settlements and be discriminated
>>
>>229741
>why does he wear the helmet?

A lotta loyalty for a hired sun
>>
>>230734
>the only thing that really bothered me is he went from being part of an entire group of people with their own slur, into the chosen one
>the chosen one
Even though it might look like that, looks can be deceiving. In most situations, being the "chosen one" is a great virtue, but I'm not so sure about Jack. You know that feeling when you get a sudden streak of very good luck and fortune in your life, but then fear that you disturbed the "natural balance", and that karma is going to set you straight? That might happen to him pretty soon. Trust no one, not even yourself.

>maybe the other buzzers just have different bug gods?
Buzzers are a rarity. Think of Buzzers as people that survived a lighting strike... multiple times. That's how many buzzers exist. Circus freaks, they are famous, but not for their positive traits. In regards to gods, I will explain how things stand with them in the upcoming chapter.

One more thing:
>the only thing that really bothered me
That's good, I assume that the rest of the thematic were more pleasant. What did you find interesting so far? What do you think of Gat and Luna as characters?

>>230852
>as the beginning of the story made it look like buzzers while not exactly common are frequent enough to be known in most settlements and be discriminated
It's more due to the fact that word of their freak survival stories spreads like wildfire. Remember the fight with Gat. When Jack sprayed him with acid, he said "Never though I'd meet a Buzzer", meaning he only heard about Buzzer through legends rather than meeting one before.

>>231027
You always deliver
>>
>>231286
>You always deliver

Not true, sometimes I Digiorno
>>
>>231286
>Buzzers are a rarity. Think of Buzzers as people that survived a lighting strike... multiple times. That's how many buzzers exist.
alright, assuming its not too spoilery, but do they all "belong" to the same bug goddess? was jack simply her favorite buzzer, or something else entirely? of course, she could be lying, and she pulls the same moves on every lonely buzzer
>What do you think of Gat and Luna as characters
Gat seems interesting, but i'm hoping that Luna has something more than "Literally perfect waifu" going for her.
>>
>>231286
Yo Grub, since you have been answering all of these questions, can you give us an estimation of when we can be expecting more of the story to unfold?
>>
>>231408
>but do they all "belong" to the same bug goddess?
All living beings and material things that AREN'T showing signs of independent though, belong to the gods, with some exceptions here and there.

All the wise/intelligent beings like humans and other races/species need to "consent" or make a pact before the gods can influence/control them, again with some exceptions. For example the world's god of death has reign over something/someone once it dies, no matter the allegiance.

>was jack simply her favorite buzzer, or something else entirely?
Too much spoilers to give a satisfying answer. However, she is lying about something. Not the whole situation, but parts of it.

>i'm hoping that Luna has something more than "Literally perfect waifu" going for her
Soon™. Things are going to get very interesting in the future, starting today.

>>231679
>can you give us an estimation of when we can be expecting more of the story to unfold?
TODAY! I'm back from my three day trip. We continue around the same time we always do, I'll post the time slot a few hours beforehand.

All important news are on the twitter link bellow, so even if /qst/ or 4chan crashes or something for a few hours, you can always find info there:
https://twitter.com/grubadventures
>>
>>233254
The best way to describe the gods in the world is like real life politicians. Alone, they nothing, they fade out of existence. However, as long as they have a following, we are talking about a few thousand minimum, their flame burns. The more people they acquire under their influence, the stronger their powers become.
>>
Will the larvae emerge from his cocoon? Find out in 1 hour and 30 minutes!

It's good to be back! Hope you guys are ready, because today's session might be a doozy. I had a lot of free time to think about the future of the quest, some pretty fun stuff is coming along!

Also if you guys liked the short Q/A, we can do that again next time I won't be able to run a quest or taking a short break.
>>
>>234149
New thread, boys!
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.