[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cook Quest - Wildman's Dinner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: Spiders.jpg (314KB, 1159x846px) Image search: [Google]
Spiders.jpg
314KB, 1159x846px
Youre in it now, chefs

After getting bogged down in the swamp and losing your way, you have found yourself lost in a forest with only a small company of dwarven riflemen and NO ingredients

Now, the dwarves and you traveled far and met with a tribe of local wild beast men and they demand compensation for showing you the way home.

And that compensation is food, we got 2 irl hours to make them a feast or we are going to be the feast

Lets use what we got from the forest and what the dwarves can help hunt and get out of this mess!
>>
>>204760
Previous Thread
>>
>>208042
Send the dwarves out hunting, you want any animal they can get the more the better.

You need to go looking for wild growing vegetables, fruits, herbs, mushrooms and honey.

Collect some water and try and find something to cook with
>>
>>208062
The dwarves marched out, soon sound of gunfire echoes from the hills while the forest is explored
there are some wild herbs around, good for seasoning, wild roots, some wild corn and a bee nest thats very high up and agressive

water was coleldcted from a nearby stream, there are some shellfish in the stream, pots and pans are traveling chefs mandatory gear

and a cave was spotted at the foot of a hill, wich could hold some mushrooms, but is too dark for non-dwarven eyes to see
>>
>>208078
Can we roll for a chance to retrieve the bees nest?
I noticed a lack of rolling in your last thread, it can spice things up :)
>>
>>208089
Sure, roll twice d10, one for climbing and one for retrieveing the honey

or

wait for the dwarves to come back
guns and axes help
>>
Let's have a closer look at these wild roots and try to identify them.
>>
>>208108
Primitive wild carrot, white and thin
>>
Rolled 8, 5 = 13 (2d10)

>>208117
I'm not going to touch those carrots until we get the honey. I'm going to go ahead and roll for the honey retrieval from the bees' nest. (>>208094).

Is the wild corn sweet corn or flour corn?
>>
>>208128
The climb was sucessfull, but the honey picking got a bit troublesome, consider one of your chefs unable to work for a few days due to broken bones and stings

but wild honey aquired, yay

and the corn turned out to be flour corn
>>
>>208137
Start grinding the corn into flour and send out some men to fish, look for crayfish and collect shellfish in the stream.
>>
>>208153
the flour is getting ground, while a few shellfish get collected, the size of human fists, they seem to be plenty around here

no crayfish, only sane fish (normal fish)

and one half of the dwarves return bearing a few rabbits and a wild turkey
>>
Rolled 1, 57 = 58 (2d100)

>>208167
Send those dwarves to get mushrooms.

2d100 for quality and quantity of mushrooms collected
>>
>>208178
You got one mushroom, good quality,
i suggest you send them in again

moneyshot, one of your cooks found a bird's nest inside a thorn bush, roll d10 for retrieval
>>
>>208167
Make a campfire and get a couple of baking trays. Slice the carrots. Then fill one of the baking trays with most of the honey, add the carrots and suspend the tray over the fire.

When the flour is all ready, put that evenly into another baking tray and put that over the fire as well.
>>
>>208167
Gut and process the game, eg. take off the heads etc.
>>
>>208192
While the carrots are being glazed in honey, and the bread prepared the other dwarf group returns with their kill

they brought a huge.. (d100 to roll for the animal they got)

>>208198
the rabbits are skinned and gutted
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>208205
>>
>>208235
its a moose, a large fat moose

Now that all the dwarves are together, we can try again the cave, just roll two d100's for quantity and quality

the carrots and bread is done, we still got shellfish, one mushroom and rabbit meat/bones and herbs
>>
WARNING
30 minutes remain before being hunted down and eaten
>>
Rolled 51, 83 = 134 (2d100)

>>208245
>>
>>208318
The dwarves return with a basketfull of exelent quality edible mushrooms
>>
>>208245
batter and fry the shellfish using the fat of the moose.

cook the moose-meat as steak with mushrooms, use the bones as a broth. utilise herbs here somewhere.
>>
>>208328
use left over mushrooms and broth with rabbit meat to make rabbit stew.

use rabbit bones with moose bones also, in the broth.
>>
>>208328
Glazed carrots are ready, along with the bread
shellfish are frying well, and the moose steaks are sizzling, herbs are used on the steaks, there is still some leftover honey

and the rabbits are still ready to be used
>>
>>208337
>>208338

As the last rabbit is cooking in the pot we can finally make inventory

Food:
Honey glazed carrots
rabbit and mushroom stew
fried shellfish
moose steak with mushrooms, spiced with wild herbs

Are we ready to present the beastmen with their feast?
>>
10 miunte warning, the beastmen are getting hungry
>>
>>208391
Get the bread and serve the meal.
>>
>>208391
WE FORGOT DRINKS

JESUS HELP US

SPRINT TO THE WATER SUPPLY

BOIL WATER
ADD HONEY

SERVE HONEYWATER

ITS ALL WE GOT SENPAI

SERVE THE FOOD AND PRAY
>>
>>208391
Wipe a booger on the stake so it blends in with the herbs!
>>
>>208396
The beastmen arrive and surround the group, ready to tear them to pieces or worse, but upon approaching
they notice the smell, and change their mind, they surround the food and feast to the last bit

it was over quite fast, but the chief was satisfied, with the help of a pathfinder the chefs and the dwarves find themselves back on the road, they head on their way back home

>>208407
thankfully they forgot about it
----------------------------------------------

You survived, hooray
i hoped you enyoed this little quest,
i may do more in the future.

Feedback?
>>
>>208425
Well it's okay a few things though.

- Too fast
- Too easy
- No RPG mechanics
- Limited dice rolling
- No narrative
>>
>>208425
Light and fun. Makes me want to run a cooking quest myself.
>>
>>208425
>>208442
I think a fun thing to do with this sort of quest would be to limit the equipment available to the players and have them make harder foraging rolls. That would add pressure and encourage them to use more creativity.
>>
>>208425
Really anticlimactic... but fun!
>>
>>208425
I liked it. Too short though, but that was likely the idea from the beginning.
>>
DAMNIT I MISSED IT
Please make it longer as well.. Its fun
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.