[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cape World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

Cape World is a superhero setting /tg/ has been working on for a while. There is a lot to know and read about but I will make this particular thread as generic and disconnected from any kind of lore as I can.

Pic and most other pics I will be posting are from Edspear
http://edspear.tumblr.com/

Here is the pastebin for our character, Blue Cobalt, and her team, the Generals.
>The Generals
http://pastebin.com/4ZEeWk7F
Cape World has used multiple systems, but these characters are based on Mutants and Masterminds.

This is kind of a "test run", to see how well Cape World translates into a Quest, and to see how people like it. If this takes off I could probably continue running, but this really would be better in someone else's hands. I don't have as much free time as I would like available to keep a consistent schedule, I don't have experience, and my Internet connection isn't 100% reliable.

But for now let's all just enjoy this one thread for however long it lasts.
>>
File: blue cobalt.png (110KB, 643x1008px) Image search: [Google]
blue cobalt.png
110KB, 643x1008px
Other links, hopefully unnecessary but if you're interested here you go

>Australia
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47227809/
>The Generals
http://pastebin.com/4ZEeWk7F
>Statesmen
http://pastebin.com/qCgQBDgr
>Hollywood
http://pastebin.com/2Bp49SEa
>Las Vegas
http://pastebin.com/ysD4JsRR
>Japan
http://pastebin.com/wz33giaC
>Germany
http://pastebin.com/pVweBM4F
>Generals' Villains
http://pastebin.com/gms0S8Vb
>Current Cape World thread
>>>/tg/47481992

You are Blue Cobalt. You are an alien powerhouse, very strong, seemingly invulnerable, and able to jump 4 miles into the air. You are the muscle of The Generals, no military affiliation, just "superheroes in general". You have the alien-you, the scientist, the science experiment, the weird magic guy, and last but certainly not least the sexy ninja lady.

In addition to your strength you are also very intelligent, though that is somewhat held back by your ignorance of Earth. Despite having lived here for some time you are still awkwardly learning many things about human relationships. However, you firmly believe that reading books on the subject will adequately serve as substitute for actual human interaction.

You are female, you are tall, you blue-both in color and in mood-and, most importantly, you are tired. Kept awake for hours of internal pondering why senpai steadfastly refuses to notice you, switching gaze between the six bare, spartan walls that make up your personal bunker-"bedroom", you've heard it called a couple times-you slowly find yourself finally falling asleep.

It would be a shame if the Generals hotline were to call right now...
>>
>>194005
The hotline's gonna ring ain't it
>>
>>194005
Forgot to mention, this quest will probably switch between characters, and, honestly, Trinity would have been a better character to start as.

But I didn't want to take away the optimal start from anyone who wants to to their own Cape World quest, which, again, I would be would be very happy to see.

You hear a distant ringing sound.

>Get up and investigate the issue

>Get up and yell at Doc to stop inventing this late at night

>Roll over and go back to sleep

>Smash your alarm and roll over and go back to sleep

>Something else, please feel free to suggest your own response, I'm not very experienced with this if you haven't noticed

>>194020
It could very easily just be the Doc fucking around, or your own alarm going off early.
>>
>>194025
>get up and investigate the issue
Might as well see what's going on
>>
>>194025
>Get up and yell at Doc to stop inventing this late at night.
We´ll probably won´t get any sleep anymore.
>>
>>194037
>>194046
The ringing is getting louder. You decide to see what is going on.

You slowly get out of bed, and take a look at your alarm clock to see how much sleep you managed to get. It is difficult to read it with all the flashing red lights blinking on the ceiling.

Those red lights remind you of the wonderful invention of your people, roughly translated as "blood red panic lights", used to soothe your people's young into sleeping and having restful dreams of superstrength-fueled combat. It's making you tired, and a little nostalgic.

>Climb back into bed and try to sleep

>Climb back into bed and ponder childhood

>Tell Doc to stop ripping off your childhood toys and planting them in your room
>>
>>194054
>Tell Doc to stop ripping off your childhood toys and planting them in your room.
That´s probably those red ligths for signaling danger. Does Cobalt know about earthly safety systems?
>>
>>194054
>Tell Doc to stop ripping off your childhood
Super scientist needs to get some original ideas
>>
You head for the door, blush, then step back and quickly slip out of your scandalous orbital strike tactical pajamas and into some more casual interplanetary military grade gear.

When you reach the room where the alarms are the loudest they stop, as Doctor Chase presses some buttons on some console.

The Baron, your team's resident magical bullshit extraordinaire, is here as well. He too looks disgruntled, though it's hard to tell if he is also annoyed by the lack of sleep or of Chase's creativity because he often looks disgruntled.

Chase seems relived to see you, relief that quickly evaporates into exasperation when you ask Chase to stop hiding his weird inventions in your room, especially the ones that very nearly led you to a ponder your yet-to-be-fully-written childhood.
>>
File: chase and trinity.png (257KB, 500x603px) Image search: [Google]
chase and trinity.png
257KB, 500x603px
>>194078
I know I'm kind of overplaying the militaristic alien thing, sorry about that. It's really not supposed to be that defining a character trait for her, and I'll try to tone it down.

And holy shit Internet is worse than usual today, don't be surprised if I just vanish out of nowhere in the middle of something. I'll push on as long as I can tonight, already kind of tired though, and I'll try to pick this up again sometime tomorrow.

Chase tries to convince you that those were alarms meant to, well, alarm people. Apparently the erratically flashing red lights are not soothing to most humans.

You begin to argue for the virtues of falling asleep to stimulation that keeps one eye open, when Trinity enters the room.

Newest and youngest member of the group, and clearly-clearly to you at least-a little startled by this "alarm" ordeal, she doesn't need to wake up to panic-inducing inventions AND you arguing with her father. You drop it and ask what is going on.

Chase explains there has been a break in.

When you ask which bank the Teller has treated with his treacherous turncoat tactics tonight, he interrupts with an answer sheds new light on the virtues of "alarms".

"Someone broke in HERE. Into the basement. And we think they still are down there."

>"What?"

>"Nani?"

>"Trinity go back to your room let us grown ups handle this."

>"Trinity go check out the storage room, let us grown ups get some sleep."

>"Everyone else go back to your room let me handle this."

>Anything else you want to say or do?
>>
>>194125
>What?
Nice security we have here. Let´s find out how it happened.
>>
File: trinity fighting with herself.png (145KB, 603x463px) Image search: [Google]
trinity fighting with herself.png
145KB, 603x463px
>>194214
"What?"

In all your years working in the Generals you have learned that Chase's inventions rarely fail, when he gets serious about them. Baron, too, has some means of protection in place. Breaking in would require beating traps both technological and magical.

Chase explains that the moment an intruder was detected in the basement, all exits to the basement were locked down. The intruder should still be there. However the intruder should never have gotten in there in the first place, and so Psinobe, the very pretty ninja lady, took it upon herself to go ahead and check out the area, make sure no one escaped.

The basement, as you recall, is not a good place for intruders to be stranded in. It's where Dr. Chase "stores past experiments and inventions". What this means is that when his laser beam is made obsolete by an even more powerful laser beam, he just tosses the old one down there, along with every other less useful but still active gadget, and the occasional magical artifact he grows bored of trying to prove as actually scientific in nature.

Psinobe is down there right now, with a possible intruder. At hearing this Trinity starts off towards the basement, too. All three of them.

What do you do?
>>
>>194242
>What do you do? Acompany them and try to get some sort of communication for you and Chase.
>>
>>194306
You ask Chase for a communicator and hurry after Trinity(s), rushing down a flight of stairs.

And another flight of stairs.

And another flight of stairs.

And one final flight of stairs.

And one more flight of stairs you forgot about. Most of this stuff is radioactive to some degree. You had better wrap this up quickly.

Psinobe is around here somewhere, doubtlessly in some shadows, listening for the lightest footstep. Or she was until Trinity started jumping all over the place yelling at the unseen intruder to come out and fight.

>Tell Trinity to knock it off

>Look in the still shadows for some sign of Psinobe

>Look in the rapidly moving shadows for some sign of Psinobe

>Throw some shit at the rapidly moving shadows

>Something else?

Gonna have to stop here. Sorry to end after just, I shouldn't have started this late. If this is still up and I have time I'll continue tomorrow.

Forgot to link to current Cape World thread for anyone curious. >>>/tg/47481992

Hope you guys are enjoying this. I'm starting to get into it. Hopefully tomorrow will get more stuff going on.
>>
>>194355
>Tell Trinity to knock it off.
Going to wait for your return then. Good Nigth.
>>
Alright we're back! For now!

You tell Trinity to knock it off. Spotting a pair of eyes in the shadows; very familiar, very annoyed eyes, she takes the hint and quiets down.

Psinobe appears, stating that she found no trace of an intruder, though she just got here herself and honestly wasn't sure what to look for. With the basement being such a mess, she can't separate signs of breaking and entering from how it normally looks.

You look around. You've been down here before, but this is the first time you have had to treat it as a potential combat environment to be analyzed. Your soldier's eyes come to the same conclusion your eyes have always had; this place is a mess. It's more the size of a warehouse than any normal basement, but despite the room it still manages to be claustrophobically crowded.

To the left are rows and rows of shelves, all of them full of large, wooden crates, all of them labelled. However, cataloging is boring and takes to long, so most of these are empty. A lot of the stuff being stored down here is just sort of thrown into garbage piles.

These piles of garbage are straight ahead of you, reaching up to the ceiling. And by "garbage", of course, I mean antique/obsolete magic or scientific artifacts and gadgets and death traps. The tallest pile is in the center of these mounds of garbage, and near the center of the whole basement. From the top of this pile you could get a good view of most of the basement, if you can survive climbing through piles of weapons.

To your right, the basement seems a bit more tame. It does more resemble a common family's storeroom, with furniture and cardboard boxes. A much smaller area that has carved its way into the fields of dangerous trash. Or was this area here first and the trash just built up around it?

Psinobe and Trinity are looking at you waiting for how you want to do this.

Psinobe is a trained ninja and a psychic, though she has felt nothing so far.

Trinity has the power to duplicate herself into three people. She is also an acrobatic, and was already jumping around the piles of experiments and traps and weapons when you first walked in here. She is also new to being a superhero, and you wonder if she could take care of herself if the intruder got violent or something with the dangerous science junk went wrong.

>Stick together and explore one area

>Split up and search for clues. Note how you want to split up, and keep in mind that Trinity can split up herself into three people.

>Call Chase
>>
>>196206
>Stick together and explore one area.
We don´t know who we are dealing with, so we should stick together.

Hope you slept well, thanks for resuming.
>>
>>196206
stick together but have psinobe stay in the shadows as best she can while scanning for anyone incoming.
>>
>>196270
>>196288
Alright, which area do you want to check out?

And yeah, it's nice to see we're still up.

Sorry if I take some time before acting on any decisions, someone just posted in the /tg/ thread that we're back up, I'm going to give anyone just joining in a few minutes to catch up and vote.
>>
>>196296
>Climb the pile in the center.
It´s were we could get the best view, allthough we could give our position away...

It´s allrigth. The more, the merrier.
>>
>>196296
to the right. if the thief wanted to make sure no one would figure out what he stole, the garbage piles would be the best place to do that
>>
>>196327
Is this a vote for the right, or for the garbage piles, straight ahead?
>>
>>196343
shit my bad, yes to the centre.
>>
>>196321
>>196353
You all stick together and head towards the piles of junk. Psinobe will keep her distance, keeping an eye out for any danger, while you and Trinity begin the long climb up the largest pile of active weapons.

Roll 2 d20, first for Blue Cobalt, second for Trinity, to not activate anything dangerous.
>>
Rolled 19, 10 = 29 (2d20)

>>196382
Let´s the were this goes.
>>
dice+2d20
>>
Rolled 14, 9 = 23 (2d20)

>>196428
sorry about that, first rolling dice. lets hope it works this time.
>>
>>196418
You make it to the top any trouble, stepped on freeze ray!

Roll 1 d20 to save her.

Is d20 OK? That's what Mutants and Masterminds uses, isn't it?
>>
>>196436
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>196452
>>196452
lets try that again
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>196457
oh god dammit
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>196436
Gonna do one last roll before crashing for a few hours, sorry.
>>
>>196464
You reach for her but she's just too far away. Suddenly encased in a block of ice she falls out of your reach, fortunately a small bed of doomsday devices cushions her fall.

Psinobe is already moving towards her, but you don't think she'd have the strength to carry a Trinity-sized ice-cube up all those stairs.

>Keep going for the top to try and locate intruder

>Grab Trinity and bring her upstairs to be examined

>Grab Trinity and bring her upstairs but tell Psinobe to keep looking

>Anything else?
>>
>>196485
>Grab Trinity and bring her upstairs but tell Psinobe to keep looking
make sure to tell her you be back as soon as you can, hopefully with back up
>>
>>196507
You grab Trinity, and telling Psinobe to keep up the search, hurry upstairs.

Chase, trying to get the surveillance down in the basement to work again, is shocked to see what you're carrying.

Baron Bizarre is nowhere to be seen, possibly working with his other selves to decide whether or not this is a otherworldly intruder.

Chase is just staring at Trinity, shocked.

>Be serious. Explain she was hit by an old freeze ray she activated, and tell him to examine and treat her.

>Get mad. Tell him to pick up his shit.

>Get sad. Cry and make a big drama out of it. Don't know why you'd want to do this, two options just seemed pretty limited.

>Say/do something else?
>>
>>196539
>>Be serious. Explain she was hit by an old freeze ray she activated, and tell him to examine and treat her.
>>
>>196559
>Be serious. Explain she was hit by an old freeze ray she activated, and tell him to examine and treat her.

One explanation and a dozen heat lamps later and Trinity is looking better already. Chase still seems pretty shaken up though, and you can't help but wonder if she had stepped on some death ray or something instead.

Baron soon reports in, having found no trace of magic in any intrusion. Psinobe, however, finally found something.

Some graffiti in the basement, a green design resembling a snake. It was found a couple times on a couple different cardboard boxes, away from the dangerous weapons. Chase's own personal stuff.

>Go check it out

>Tell Chase you'll watch Trinity and he should check it out

And, whether he leaves or you leave, do you want to mention

>We need to talk later about picking up the basement

>We need to talk later about improving security

>We need to talk later about Trinity being a member of the Generals
>>
>>196611
>>Go check it out
and
>We need to talk later about picking up the basement
>We need to talk later about improving security
>>
>>196696
You head down to the basement, telling Chase that you're going to have to talk about the basement and security later.

Down in the basement Psinobi shows you what she's found. Several cardboard boxes have the snake graffiti on them. Every box marked has been open.

Only one box is completely empty, the words "Celia's things" written inside.

Psinobe also shows you one of the alarm buttons had been used, the "break in case of emergency" glass smashed. The intruder painted some snake on every box they stole from, far from the cataloged or piles of dangerous weapons, and alerted you to their presence. They wanted you to know they were there and what they were doing, but why?

>Brings marked boxes up to Chase

>Examine marked boxes more carefully yourself

>Examine alarm

>Something else
>>
>>196790
>>Brings marked boxes up to Chase
hopefully he'll be able to remember just what was in the boxes.
and see if chase has some sort of finger print scanner for the alarm we might be able to find some clues later.
>>
>>196790
>examine boxes more carefully
The snakes probably mean something
>>
File: psinobi.png (146KB, 770x996px) Image search: [Google]
psinobi.png
146KB, 770x996px
>>196876
You look at the snakes more closely for some meaning, and find that they're pretty inconsistent. A cobra on one, a snake eating it's own tail on another, a snake coiled up on another box. They're inconsistent. Maybe the order means something? Or maybe they're just new and were trying different designs for their first heist?

Unlikely, though. A thief being both capable of breaking into the Generals and being inexperienced is just not possible. Not unless they had been training for years from the best.

>>196848
You lift the boxes and get ready to head upstairs again. Anything you want to say to Psinobe? Her job is about done here, and she hasn't seen Trinity since being frozen.
>>
>>196921
ask her what she thinks of the snakes and tell her she did a good job finding this in all that crap.
>>
>>196933
>What do you think of the snakes?
She says she has got it all figured out, except the snakes. The intruder is not only a thief, but is taunting us. Marking everything they stole from, purposely activating the alarm. Psinobe now doubts that the intruder was still in the basement when you got down there. Slipping out after triggering the alarm but before lockdown was complete would be a difficult task, but no more so than breaking in in the first place. Something that would only be possible with information on the Generals, or even their lair.

Psinobi claims that the intruder was messing with us. But what's odd is that she says the plot, requiring knowledge of the team and a grudge deep enough to ignore the powerful weapons and steal something personal, is the kind of plot of an old enemy, but the actual action, leaving blatant evidence and turning the alarms on to produce a trap just so they can escape, seems more the work of someone new and eager to prove themselves.

Whether she gathered all that from some psychic impressions or from ninja behavioral training or it's really that obvious to all humans exactly why they steal each other's shit is a mystery to you. You don't think of yourself as much of a psychiatrist, certainly not a psychic.

>Good job finding this in all that crap.
She accepts the compliment quicker than usual, and comments on how disgusting all this junk lying around is.

You're no psychiatrist, certainly not a psychic, but you are close to Psinobi, and you can tell that underneath her cold ninja self, she is pissed. And scared. She's upset about what happened to Trinity, and maybe even rattled by this intruder.

>Say anything?

>Just go on upstairs?
>>
>>197001
tell her trinity is ok and we going to catch the guy who did this.
after that head up stairs
>>
>>197254
You assure Psinobe that Trinity is fine and that you'll catch this guy.

She seems a a little caught off guard that you could tell she was upset. Your friendship with Psinobi is strange to her, being unable to read your mind like she does with everyone else, and she rarely fails to hide her feelings. But not from you. Psinobe may not always notice you, but you notice her.

You bring Chase the boxes, he seems immediately upset. He explains that these boxes had what was left behind by Celia, the "Harpy". Worryingly her old gadgets and weapons and science things, separate from the main piles, were stolen from the "old gadgets and weapons and science things". All other things of hers were stolen from the "Celia's things" box. He notes that some pictures were taken as well.

Chase seems upset.

Say anything? About him and Celia? About how Trinity is doing? About Psinobo? About the security and basement being picked up?

Is this at all interesting or worth continuing? I have a plot in mind but I've already made some mistakes and this is just a test. A test no one is really learning much from because there really isn't a lot going on in this thread.
>>
>>197343
it seem like I'm the only other guy playing here and I got to head to bed soon. maybe take a break and try again later with the hope of getting more players.
if it matter any I like what you got here so far and I would like to continue it but again, I need to head to bed.
>>
>>197380
Alright, I'll pick this up later if there's any interest. And thanks for sticking with me this far, I hope you had fun, I have. And that does matter to me, thanks, I wasn't sure how well anyone here was liking this.

Anyone else just getting in here feel free to talk about this thread so far, Cape World, superheroes or superhero quests in general, or just start playing and if I'm still up I'll go on for a bit longer.

And be sure to say what you like or don't like about it so far, and don't hold back, this is a test, after all, and any feedback would be appreciated. This thread is here so that I or anyone else interested in running another quest in this setting can hopefully learn from it.
>>
>>197460
Forgot to mention, feedback is appreciated ESPECIALLY if you are unfamiliar with Cape World. All those pastebins at the top should not be required reading to participate. The goal of this quest is to make something enjoyable to both people who have spent a couple weeks making the setting and those who have never heard of any of this before.
>>
>>197601
Just some feed back but I think you should try writing out the actual dialogue then giving the gist of how the conversation went
>>
>>197791
Yeah, I felt lazy not doing dialogue, and felt the thread suffered for it. I was worried about inserting my own take on their interactions with each other, considering these characters have been a group project so far, but I suppose this quest is kind of just headcanon anyway, and a story about these characters would require some artistic license.

Also I'm just not very good at dialogue, but I'll be sure to do that if this continues. Thanks for the input!
>>
>>193983
Wrong board. >>>/tg/
>>
>>198217
The point of cape world was to be a tool for GMs. These characters were always open to interpretation
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.