[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's over thread #9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: 1496189038519.gif (7KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1496189038519.gif
7KB, 500x377px
Character sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQGRgpc-zFooYJdpJASlkyWbsV3QcagS_MTcPXcgM5o/edit?usp=drivesdk

Thread 7:>>1717880 → #
Thread 8:>>1758219

Quest hours: 8-11pm Pacific time
>>
>>1790789
"Hello?"
You call out to behind the door. It's silent for a while and then you hear a shakey voice respond
"Go away."
Not satisfied with this reply, you attempt to fry the lock again. You blast it with flame and it begins to glow with a purple light that gets stronger and stronger until the lock explodes in a massive fireball that knocks you back (+2 wounds) as well as blasting the white doors open.
You get back on your feet and approach the entrance. The inside is incredibly bright due to a square of blue crystals that makes up most of the floor in the room. The rest of the room and the outer third of the floor is made of the white crystal. Through the painful blue light you see a humanoid figure holding some sort of staff or club. It shouts a hoarse but angry battle cry and begins to charge you.
>Write in
>>
I'm going to delay/stop posting for tonight since I'm going to a party I planned a week ago. I may be on tonight around 10 and I'll definitely be on at 8 tomorrow as regular.
>>
>>1790909
>STOP!
>make a light defensive flame cone, not trying to hurt them, just ward them off for a bit
>>
>>1791775
Writing
>>
File: Gold_Alchemy_Symbol07.png (66KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_Alchemy_Symbol07.png
66KB, 400x400px
>>1791775
"STOP!"
You command the figure charging at you and project a defensive cone of flame in front of you. The figure takes no notice and charges straight into the flame unhindered. You strengthen the flame but they continue through it. Now it's just standing in it.
"No, no. Of course not."
The person chides themselves with despondency and begins to walk back into the room he came from. You stop the flame and are able to get a good look at him. It's a young man, probably under 20, with curly, or mabey just messy, red hair. His eyes are green but the whites are bloodshot and teary. Around his eye is a circle surrounded by a ring. He walks with sloped shoulders back into the room and curls up on the floor of blue crystal.
>Write in
>>
>>1794825
"What happened?"
>>
>>1795363
"Hey!"
You follow the man up to the edges of the blue crystals.
"What happened? What's going on?"
"Nothing happened, same as always."
The man's voice cracks as he talks and his voice starts to degrade into a sob.
>Write in
>>
>>1795384
Please elaborate, what's happening?
>>
>>1795500
"Please elaborate what's happening?"
You ask a bit more firmly this time.
The sobbing stops
"Are you-"
He chokes
"Are you daft? I'm trying to kill-"
He chokes again
"Kill myself here." Don't touch the blue crystals by the way, they'll kill you, but not me. I suppose your innocence is refreshing though, you remind me of... o-of."
He sits up and faces you but begins to weep again.
>Write in
>>
>>1795522
Come on and get off of those crystals, they obviously aren't working anyway. What's wrong?
>>
That's it for tonight, I might try questing in later hours and might go until 12 tomorrow.
>>
>>1795556
"Come on and get off of those crystals, they obviously aren't working anyway. What's wrong?"
The man wipes his face, coughs, and slaps himself before taking a deep breath and speaking.
"Yeah, your right. I've been here over a month and they stopped hurting on the second day."
He stands up and walks over to you. He takes a seat against the wall of the room and you sit down next to him.
"Even then it didn't hurt much, that's how I killed him. You see, I was trying to get back, just like you.... Er, what's your name?"
"Alexander."
"My name's Trist. Anyways, I was trying to get back to my old life along with another marked I had teamed up with another marked named Leon who had a mark shaped like a moon and could shape things out of light, nice guy. We came in here looking for marked to beat, the stragglers love this kind of place, when I tossed him one of the blue crystals to light up the place. I didn't know they killed and by the time my powers let me feel the pain it was already too late, I'd murdered him. I don't want to go back after that, I don't deserve the second chance. I just want to pass on; do you think you can help me?"
>Stragglers?
>I think I might be able to (give Trist the tooth knife)
>You should come with me (1d100 vs 30 fel)
>Force Trist to come with you (1d100 vs 14 cmg/dmg)
>Write in
>>
>>1797122
What's your... ehrm... gift? Is it the crystals, or something else?
>>
>>1797140
"What's your... ehrm... gift? Is it the crystals, or something else?"
"I heal really fast, like really fast, these blue crystals can vaporize a person in seconds but I barely feel them. My secondary is that I can make people see what they want, I used this to lure in stragglers and I would tank the hits while Leon got them."
>Stragglers?
>Secondary?
>I think I might be able to help (give Trist the tooth knife)
>Write in
>>
>>1797154
>Stragglers?
And
>Secondary?
>>
>>1797197
"Stragglers?"
"The marked that don't want to go back, some of them are fine but most of them abuse their powers so I have no qualms in killing them. If you haven't figured it out already, you have to kill three other marked to get to your previous life, I have two now counting Leon."
"And what's a secondary?"
"You should have yours already, otherwise you wouldn't be able to break the lock since the purple crystals absorb magic applied to them. Marked develop a secondary power right around their first kill or if they break their starting item for a quick boost. Every marked killed only boost your power after that."
>I think I might be able to help (give Trist the tooth knife/stab him)
>Write in
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>1797207
Am I forgetting something or do we not have a secondary power? We haven't killed another marked I don't think and we only broke the earth mother but that wasn't our item. I think we only have heat and fire manipulation and advanced fire manipulation in the form of golems, right? His primary and secondary seem like very different things.
>You should come with me
>>
>>1797259
Wait, we killed Adisa, but still, I don't recall gaining anything from that.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-21-21-15-42.png (407KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-21-21-15-42.png
407KB, 1080x1920px
I looked back and found it, still don't really know what it means though

We should destroy his item in the near future
>>
>>1797259
"You should come with me, I could use the help and you already know there's no way for you to die. If these crystals are as strong as they say and they can't hurt you then you're stuck unless you find a stronger marked. And why would you want to die, even if you mess up in your real life, which may or may not happen, at least you can die easily there."
You stand up and offer him your hand; after some thinking, Trist reciprocates the gesture and you help him to his feet.
"Alright, I'll give you a chance for now. But don't die. Please don't die. What's next" (companion Trist added)
>I've got to deliver some of these crystals to Ep
>I know where some stragglers are, let's take one down (man in woods, spooky cave, High Priest, Bruce?, Ivan?, ect)
>write in
>>
>>1797275
>I've got to deliver some of these crystals to Ep
>>
>>1797262
(Our secondary is creation magic which can do more than make golems [our arm, enchanted items, Pyraph]. We got our secondary early after destroying the earth mother which is why we didn't get a power boost after killing Adisa. In the future we can destroy items for a large temporary boost in power that lasts a day or kill marked for a permanent increase in power.)
>>
>>1797286
Oh ok, thanks for the clarification.
>enchanted items
Woah that's kinda neat, don't really have a use for it but cool (I don't think we can make a bottomless water bottle, right?)
>>
>>1797279
"I've got to deliver some of these crystals to Ep, the island-"
"I know the place, I got most of my information on marked from the ancient ones there in trade for some unwanted memories."
You and Trist begin to head to Ep, stopping at the desert town to rest, refill your water bottles and, eat. Trist pays for the meal to thank you as it turns out, he's got quite a bit of money himself. He eats enough for three men because although his powers keep him alive in the dome, they did not keep him full. The journey is awkward; you only have one pair of speed boots so you and Trist take turns carrying each other to speed up the trip. Trist buys the boat ride back as well, paying the sailors with some silver coins that you swore were bronze a second ago. Finally, you arrive at Mae's house. You knock on the door and it swings open; you and trist step inside.
"Hello! I got the things you wanted."
The door shut behind you and you turn to see Mae close it with her foot while carving out a section of Trist's skin with a scalpel. Trist does not flinch as the wound heals as fast as it's made. Unable to cut out the skin before it heals, Mae leaves Trist alone and comes to you.
"You have the items, yes? Give them here."
You hand her the tar, toluene, and purple/green crystals which she snatches from your hands and begins to grind with the green oil and some other ingredients in a blender like contraption.
Trist leans in and whispers
"So is she marked or not because she has an awful lot of designs?"
"Not marked"
You whisper back
"Just crazy, really likes trading with the ancient ones."
"Oh."
Mae takes the mixture from the machine, pours it onto a table and begins rolling it into fist sized balls. The balls harden and she gives you 30 of them and keeps 10 for herself.
"Give me a spit."
Mae commands. Slightly confused, you oblige and hand her a spit which she crams against one of her balls. She hands the ball to you, it's now tinged orange.
"If you throw that really hard then it will explode and shoot the spit out, these balls absorb magic charged at them and release it after a delay. You could also charge it with fire to make the explosion bigger but they will always explode in one way or another since I made them with your oil. Thank you for doing business."
Mae States and then goes down to the room with her notes.
>Check on the observer golem and high priest
>Hunt down some marked (name one)
>Write in
>>
>>1797305
>I don't think we can make a bottomless water bottle, right?
We can make a bottemless fire bottle.

Also, Forcas' secondary is healing others, which Trist cannot do. So don't expect any life saving heals if you do something stupid.
>>
Trist now has a character sheet
>>
Rolled 81, 84 = 165 (2d100)

>>1797333
>check on the observer golem and high preist
>>1797339
>Don't expect any life saving heals if you do something stupid
Of course. I'll just hide behind Trist and/or rely on Pyraph to save our hide in a pinch to get us in a reasonably not-dead condition, then have golems (or Trist, but we can give golems telepathic instructions which takes less energy than speaking) carry us to Forcas or Bruce. We could also try to make that tentacle for defense. Speaking of which...
>before checking on the observer, try to make the tentacle whip and tentacle golem (2d100)
>>
>>1797386
"Alright, let's go check on a marked I've been keeping watch on here. But first..."
You attempt to make an aura of tentacle whips again. And you succeed! You are now covered in a layer of semi-visible, tentacles that flicker with the red and yellow glow of burning coals. These should give give you defense against most projectiles and a bonus in physical combat. Trist sticks his hand on you but it doesn't burn him, probably because he's not a threat. Excited with your progression you also attempt to make an artificial limb in the form of a tentacle golem and succeed in this venture as well you attach it to your (name place in next post). This extends your reach a bit farther than the average man's and allows you to smack people with 150% efficiency, or just hold on to more things. You could probably do this again after a day or two of rest but there would come a time where it just wouldn't be smart to. You wouldn't want to end up looking like some sort of flaming shoggoth, or would you?
"Alright, let's go."
You and Trist station yourselves a couple blocks from the High Priest's temple and you recall your observer and it relays it's memories.
After you left the High Priest took the spits you gave him and locked them in one of the temple rooms, except for two which he poured various liquids onto until he extinguished them with water. Most of the services in the church went the same as the one you first attended with the exception of one one the nigh of the full moon where around 40 people volunteered to be drowned in the pool instead of simply bathing in it. The pool was cleaned and refilled after the death of each person and the body's where burned in alcohol. According to the service times, there should be a service in two hours and another the next day at the same time. You have about 6 hours left in the day.
>Write in
>>
File: DOCTOR OCTOPUS 1.png (72KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
DOCTOR OCTOPUS 1.png
72KB, 250x250px
>>1797407
>attatch the tentacle to the rear of our left shoulder, on the scapula but closer to the spine than the arm
>Tell Trist I know where a marked we can kill is, tell him about the nefarious high preist and his evil deeds
>>
>>1797432
"Alright."
You say to Trist
"My golem here has been spying on this guy who calls him the High Priest who is a marked that runs one of the drug temples here."
"I know about the temples, the priest guy is new. What's wrong with him?"
"He's started a tradition were people literally drown themselves in drugs or overdose as part of a ritual glorifying himself and he may or may not be using his drug powers to influence these people into doing so."
"I'd say he's messed up enough to kill, what can he do?"
"He has some sort of drug power, last time I saw him I got really drowsy. He also has an item, a goblet, which can produce any liquid he wants it to. I gave him some spits, the tiny golems, as a test of his character but I can turn those against him if he tries using them."
"I can draw his attacks, I think my healing can dampen most drugs and poisons, you should try to stay out of sight since he already knows you and most powers require a line of sight. Also, this guy calls himself the High Priest? And he's the leader of a drug cult?"
"Yeah."
You're both silent for a while
>Write own plan of attack (6d100)
>both Attack head on (6d100)
>both Attack sneakily (6d100)
>Write in
(Specify time for any choice, before, during, after the service)
>>
That's it for tonight, be here tomorrow.
I didn't realize the connotations of the High Priest's name until now, I feel kind of dumb
>>
Rolled 76, 9, 14, 55, 86, 85 = 325 (6d100)

>>1797492
Good night!
>>1797488
>both attack sneakily before the service
>>
>>1797513
Writing
>>
>>1797513
After some discussion on your plan of attack, you and Trist begin infiltration of the temple. You start by jumping up to the balcony, holding Trist to bring him as well. But after string down Trist, you lose your footing and fall back to the ground with a crash (+3 wounds), attracting the attention of the guards. As the guards begin to walk over, Trist pushes a decorative statue over as well and disguises it as a pile of coins and jewels which the guards see first and begin to fight over. While they're distracted, you manage to scrabble away and jump in through another balcony, being careful not to fall backwards this time. But in your avoidance of the ledge behind, you instead rush forwards and trip over the first few town of chairs leading down to the center of the amphitheatre. You don't see and guards but you do see Trist, sneaking down the rows himself a dozen or so chairs ahead of you. You also notice the High Priest on the stage turn towards you and you duck down behind the chairs.
"Hello! Who's there?! Answer all asked by the embodiment of your god!"
You feel a faint sense of energy and unrest but it's very faint, likely due to the fact that you're far away from the High Priest and he doesn't have direct eyesight. You hear him slowly approaching you and then stop.
"There you are."
You peek over the edge of the row to see the priest turned to where Trist used to be. But Trist isn't there; in his place is a worn out and very old man covered in bruises. At this moment you begin to make your way up the rows.
"Father! I haven't seen you since, well, since I died. I'm sorry I couldn't provide for you but you can live with me now. The people here worship me as a god so you won't have to worry about tax collectors anymore. You can be a priest, just like before!"
It's at this moment that the High Priest reaches to grab the man and it passes though him. The man's image flickers and then vanishes revealing Trist who quickly socks the High Priest in the face with a right hook. The High Priest enrages.
"Imposter! Heretic! Demon!"
You feel a powerful burst of drowsiness and the High Priest grabs his goblet and begins to spew molten metal, acid, and other nasty liquids at Trist. You launch as many fireballs as you can but the drowsiness makes you miss most of them to the point that you're mainly hitting trist or the ground around you (7+3 wounds). The High Priest directs his attention towards you and raises his goblet but Trist tackles him which gives you enough time to fire a wall of flame which covers everything in your line of sight, blurry though it may be. The fire ignites some of the liquid covering both Trist and the High Priest burning him to a crisp. You feel a rush of power nap when the flames fade, all that's left is Trist, you, and a charred corpse with a goblet in it's cracking charcoaled hands (+10 to both cmg and dmg, +10 to distribute to any stats of your choosing). You should probably get some rest now
>Write in
>>
>>1800177
+3 WP
+5 STR
+2 TGH
>Pick up the goblet
>Recall the golems we gave him
>Go find a hotel and sleep

I just looked at Trist's character sheet and he is 10 times stronger than us and twice as agile, in addition to his immortality. Guess it's a good thing he's with us.
>>
>>1800381
You pick up and pocket the goblet and go to the room with the golems you have the priest. The room is locked so you burn through the door and collect the remaining spits, which is only three. After you collect the golems you and Trist find a hotel to stay at. You offer to pay this time to thank Trist for his help. In the morning you eat breakfast and pack up.
>Find another marked to hunt (specify)
>Write in
>>
>>1800417
Let's go to the forest and fight plant man
>tell Trist about plant man
>>
>>1800427
"I know where more marked are. The next one is a naked guy deep in the forest who controls plants, I'm not even sure how human he is anymore; he just grunts and shouts instead of talking and he shoots vines at you if you get close."
"That sounds good, which one of us should take the kill? You had at least one when you meet me so now you're one away from returning and so am I. And how should we attack this guy?"
>Attack head on (roll5d100)
>Have Trist try to lure him out and then attack (roll6d100, 4th is vs 50)
>Try to sneak up on him (6d100 3rd and 6th vs 39 and 20)
>Write own plan of attack (up to 6d100)
>Write in
(Chose person to get kill)
>>
>>1800492
That's it for tonight. And since we're getting near the end of the quest, here's a small spoiler
there are at least three endings
>>
>>1800492
>Write own plan
I can burn away plants to weaken plant man while Trist goes in for the kill, that should be easy enough. How many d100 is that?
>>
>>1800583
5d100vs
You:dmg, ag
Trist:mg, ag, str
>>
Rolled 70, 89, 81, 41, 17 = 298 (5d100)

>>1802716
Ok
>>
>>1802870
After agreeing that Trist should take the kill since he doesn't have that much offensive power when alone, you both begin your journey towards the forest. It's as you remember it, dark and full of trees. There's a light fog when you arrive but it lifts before you reach the deepest section. You begin by setting as many trees on fire as you can. The trees seem pretty fire proof but you manage to get a blaze going eventually. The naked man appears in the form of vines shooting at you and Trist. You're able to dodge or burn most of them but Trist is grazed over his body. You drive the man out of the treetops with the rising fire and Trist engages him on the ground and begins throwing fists. Either the man's body is callused by being naked all the time or Trist is weakened by having to heal, but Trist's punches have little effect of the man and he manages to push Trist back and get free.
>Drive the man back towards the ground and weaken him so Trist can finish him off (2d100 vs dmg 33, ag)
>Take the kill yourself
>Have trist lure the man down, you weaken him and he takes the kill (1d100 vs lm 20)
>Write in
>>
>>1802948
Interesting that you gave me 2 options, both with the same outcome but one with better odds of success, these being
>Drive the man back towards the ground... Trist can finish him off (2d100 vs dmg 33, ag)
Or
>Have trist lure the man down... he takes the kill (1d100 vs lm 20)
Did you do this on purpose?
>>
>>1802962
I'm basing it off stats, now that I think about it it's kind of stupid to even give the option but it's just a matter of preference right now. Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>1802967
No problem.
Guess I'll go with
>Have Trist lure the man down, you weaken him and he takes the kill (1d100 vs lm 20)
>>
>>1802984
Just as the man jumps away, Trist pulls something from his pocket and throws it on the ground; it looks like a rodent, mabey a rat or mouse. Whatever it is it gets the man's attention. He makes a beeline straight for it and you're able to get a steady aim on his legs. You take out one leg causing him to scream and form a shell of plant around the rest of his body which you set ablaze as well. He leaves the burning shell and picks up the rodent causing it to change back into a coin. You take out his other leg and he summons vines from the trees but you burn those as well. Trist picks up a branch from the ground, spears the man through with it and he stops moving. After a minute it or two, Trist blacks out. A minute more and his body disappears leaving you alone.
>Write in
>>
>>1803007
That's it, huh? As soon as you kill 3 other marked you just dissapear? Back to your old life, to fix your mistakes?

At this point, I'm gonna guess what some of the "at least 3 endings" you hinted at are.
>I go back and fix my mistake/save the world from that plague I was making
>I die and move on to the 'real' afterlife
>???

>Write in
Make like 2000 spits in preparation for the final battle, which I'm thinking will be at the Spooky Cave since I don't want to kill any of our friends. Maybe we'll pay each of them a visit before the final battle, too.
>>
>>1803046
In preparation for your last takedown, you make 2000 spits. Of course you have to leave to forest do do this since it's burning and you don't have enough rations to last you the weeks it'll take to make the spits. You end up going to Forcas' place since there's always wildlife and you can catch up with him. You give Forcas a short retelling of what has happened since you last met and what you plan to do. Forcas congratulates you on being able to go back and tells you that he might go back himself now that he knows how. He explains that he wants to explore the land before returning though.
"Perhaps I'll make a friend as good as the one that Trist had. Mabey even a lover eh?"
You spend the next couple weeks doing nothing but making spits and chatting with Forcas. By the end of those weeks, you have more spits than you can carry even in packed form do you pack up 200 and have the rest sitting as a literal army outside of the cave. It's much brighter out there now.
>Say some last words to Forcas(write in)
>Visit someone else
>Go to the cave
>Write in
>>
>>1803078
>Say some last words to Forcas
"You're a good friend, Forcas. One day, if you ever decide to get out of here, fix whatever mistake was worthy of giving you a second chance, and make it to the real afterlife, I'll probably be more than happy to see you again. On that note, I guess I'll be seeing you around. Farewell until then."
>>
>>1803095
"You're a good friend, Forcas. One day, if you ever decide to get out of here, fix whatever mistake was worthy of giving you a second chance, and make it to the real afterlife, I'll probably be more than happy to see you again. On that note, I guess I'll be seeing you around. Farewell until then."
"Thank you, Alexander;I wish you luck as well and hopefully we meet in the life after this one. And I promise you that I'll get back. I may not have the offensive power you have but..."
Forcas raises his hand and rips it clean off revealing a metal, dagger-like protrusion attacked to his bone. The hand begins to grow back but it takes a while.
"I made it after our first fight. In the meantime, I think I'm going to check out that dome. Those crystals sound exciting"
You give each other a firm hug and you depart for the cave. At the cave, you uncover the top, pour some spits down to cushion your fall, and jump down. Once again, there are two paths you can take.
>Left
>Right
>Write
>>
>>1803111
>Left
>>
File: Golems_Leaderboards.png (301KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Golems_Leaderboards.png
301KB, 320x240px
>>1803119
You decide to go left, with your spits pouring over the walls beside you and filling the path behind. Once again there are flesh spiders but your spits ignite on contact, spreading flame across the cave. Just like last time you are greeted by a charging hulk of flesh, mouths, and eyes but it's naught more than a pile of ashes once it reaches you thanks to your superfluous amount of golems. As you go deeper, flesh appears on the walls themselves and begin to open eyes which peer at you before they're burnt off. Lumps of flesh begin to grow to block your patch. They seem to be more fire resistant than the walls and creatures since your golems have trouble burning or blowing through so you take them down your self. On the third wall, a mouth that was covered with a thin layer of flesh shoots out of the blockade and managed to bite off a finger on your fake hand before you can flinch. You leave the remaining walls to the spits to be safe.
When you reach the end of the tunnel you have less than half your spits left but it's still more than enough for most things. At the end of the tunnel is a open cave full of flesh covered stalactites and stalagmites. In the center is a beast of flesh, mouths and eyes it has a single human face that may have once been human. It also has many faces that you're sure have never been human and probably don't even know the meaning of the word other than a synonym for "food". It would have been (more) scary if you didn't have a literal army but right now the only thing that frightens you is the stench of old meat.
>End it
>Write in
>>
>>1803169
>End it
Do some good before going back to our old life
>>
>>1803169
That's it for tonight
should I have a chance of a bad ending? Most of them have unpleasant parts but I like to have a possibility were everything goes wrong to keep readers on edge. But at the same time I don't want to make you stay here all for nothing
>>
>>1803178
I think having at least one bad ending would make it more realistic, but mostly base it on how it was played and not just by random chance. I'm, of course, shooting for one of the better endings, but having more consequences for your actions enforces more consideration of one's choices. I don't think this is supposed to be a super lighthearted quest, so having more lasting consequences is fitting.
On that note, does the story end when we get back to life or do we get to try to solve our problem and redeem ourselves? Because, to me, that felt like the real end goal of the quest.
>>
Writing
>>
>>1805220
You command all of your spits at the creature and they overwhelm it with fire, it attempts to heal itself using the flesh on the ground but it's burning too fast and eventually falls.
You groggily open your eyes and lift your naked body from the floor.
"That was a weird..."
You jolt awake with memories and adrenaline. You died. You continued to work on the disease for Sir Evan after he threatened the life of your family. After all, isn't it better to bear the death of random soldiers than that of your own family. No, no it was not better. Sadly you came to this conclusion only after you had finished the disease and all you could do was wait for them to mass produce it, or you could work on a cure. You check your pockets and find a leather case holding a syringe and an empty vial. You curse. Of course you could not make enough of it to save everyone if the plague was used but you could make enough to save you and your family after you released the plague in the facility. So you spread contamination through the building, spraying it into the air while everyone rested. The plague spread easily and killed within hours so you had to act fast once it was in the air. You managed to make enough of the cure for two people, the one in your pocket and one that you had injected into yourself already, when you were discovered by Evan. He and his guards walked in on you while you were synthesising the cure and stabbed you through the chest before you could finish. They were coughing up blood which meant death was only minutes away for them but you saw that Evan had managed to inject himself with the spare cure in your pocket before you died. Which leaves you where you are now, standing in a room of chemicals with the bodies of the two guards who didn't get the cure. Evan is nowhere to be seen and you're burning with rage, literally burning; it looks like you still have your powers but you can feel them fading.
>Find your wife and kid first, they could have anywhere from hours to minutes left if they're infected, and they probably are.
>Find Evan first, he knows how to make the plague and you can't let him get away
>begin to make more of the cure (specify amount) you'll need it if you want to save your wife and kid. It takes 30 minutes to make enough of the cure for one person.
>Burn this whole place down in one massive explosion, you can't let any of the people here spread the disease and hopefully you see your family in the afterlife. (Ends quest)
>Write in
>>
>>1805349
The plague kills too fast to spread far, rendering option 3 invalid but option 2 the (seemingly) best option
>Find Evan
>>
>>1805372
You run out the door to find Evan. He couldn't have gotten far since the blood from when you were stabbed is still wet on your skin. You run through the hallway and to find Evan calmly walking down it. Until he turns around and sees you. He begins to sprint away but you catch him in the legs with a fireball and he goes down screaming.
"Shhhh, don't scream."
You grab him and put your hand over his mouth.
"It's going to be a lot hotter where you're going."
You shoot a jet of flame down his throat and hold it until his midsection fades to ash and you can no longer feel his screams struggling to slip past your fingers
>find your family to see how long they have left and mabey say goodbyes
>go back to your lab and make the cure (specify amount)
>Write in
>>
>>1805431
>Find your family to see how long they have left and maybe say goodbyes

Tricky choice here, make the cure but not know if I can get it to my family in time, or see my family again and have maybe a slightly higher chance of saving them.
On that note, Evan and I were the only people who knew how to make the plague, right?
>>
>>1805449
You run to the cell that was holding your wife and child. And meet them halfway there. It turns out that once the guards at the cell realized that everyone was becoming sick, they gave up on their duties and just let them out. You hug your family with tears in your eyes. By the looks of them, they have a flat hour left.
>Run 10 minutes back to the lab and make a cure (choose who to save wife or kid)(ends quest)
>Stay with your family until they pass(ends quest)
>Make their ends quick and painless with a burst of flame (ends quest)
>Write in
>>
>>1805449
(A few others knew how to make the plague but those people are dead now)
>>
>>1805478
>choose who to save
>let them die painfully
>kill your family painlessly

Given information: there is an afterlife
Ok, so I'm assuming my wife would want her child to live on, and we'll see her in the afterlife...
Staying with them until they pass isn't so great...
And killing them so I can spend an eternity in the afterlife with them seems selfish.

>write in
Can I give them partial doses of the cure to give me more time to make more cure to save them both? Seems unlikely.
>I haven't chosen yet, tell me if you want me to choose but I'm assuming Alexander would know if this is possible to do
>>
>>1805509
If this disease was not synthetic then I would not let you do this. But because this disease is man-made, it was not created to quickly adapt to a cure since that would make it easily turned against the people using it and you could partially kill the disease in their body which would slow the rate it kills. I have already written the ending if this is what you want to do.
>>
>>1805562
Ok thanks
>make some cure and give them partial doses to give me more time to make more cure to save them both
>>
>>1805579
You don't have enough time to make enough of the cure for both your wife and child but mabey you can buy some time. You make one serving of the cure, load it into the needle, and inject each of them with half of it. This kills most of the bacteria in their bodies, slowing the rate the disease kills them and gives you just enough time to make more of the cure and heal them completely. Once safe from the disease, you loot as much as you can from the castle and flee the land to find a new home hundreds of miles away. You don't use your powers or talk about what happened after you died with your family. You find yourself unable to summon any sort of flame two days later. Your son, despite what happened, becomes a chemist/biologist like you when he reaches maturity. You quit except for the minor discovery or two and start work as a small time painter. You live quietly with your family supported by your paintings, discoveries, and money looted from the building.
/Quest
>>
>>1805595
I hope that ending wasn't too lackluster.
If you have any commentary at all, even if you just want to say "this is shit", please give it to me. Though I would appreciate if you could explain it. I feel that the fights against the other marked where a bit dull and I should have extended them with more description of the surroundings and given more options using these surroundings. I also feel that I need to work on non-player dialouge and familiars (like Pyraph) so I'm going to study that before my next quest.
>>
>>1805602
I like good, and inventive, power systems in my stories so I based mine on alchemy symbols but i also feel that I could improve the leveling system.
>>
>>1805607
Also I'm thinking my next quest MIGHT be something like "forbidden knowledge quest" where you play as a regular person who finds a book on how to summon eldritch powers and creatures and based on what the character does, the antagonist will either be humans, the creatures he/she summons, or more people who can also summon the Eldritch.
Does that sound appealing?
>>
>>1805625
I would play that, sounds cool
>>1805607
The leveling probably could have been improved, I don't have specific feedback though. The 'inventive power system' thing was cool too, I liked having to work within specific skill/magic constraints, even when you were lenient at times. And even then, it seemed like you tried to balance it out, so good job there too. Did you end up feeling like it was too easy to make Alexander overpowered?
>>1805602
I liked it, pretty good ending and fun to play. I think you did a good job, and that the experience here will make you better in the future. If fights were more turn-by-turn based or more like the fight against Ivan, that would've made it more fun and engaging. Near the end there we kind of had less and less use for Pyraph. I don't know if that was because the character was getting stronger and needed less help, or what, but finding more ways to integrate them to the quest instead of them just being there would be more interesting. It seems like you know where you need to improve.

I took the 5 seconds to make a discord, too. I don't know how to use discord, though, but I figured it would be an easy way for you to notify me if you ever make that quest.
>>
>>1805692
Okay, thanks a lot for the feedback, here's a link to a discord server I just made which I'll use to update you when I make another quest (which will take a while) https://discord.gg/wQuXBwK
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.