[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's over thread #8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1496189038519.gif (7KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1496189038519.gif
7KB, 500x377px
Character sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQGRgpc-zFooYJdpJASlkyWbsV3QcagS_MTcPXcgM5o/edit?usp=drivesdk

Thread 6:>>1681936 → #
Thread 7:>>1717880

Quest hours:8-11pm Pacific Time
>>
>>1756010
You continue on into the dome and are met with more invisible crystals that are now formed into corridors with ceilings. The crystals aren't arranged specifically into a maze but you continually find yourself getting lost in the pathways and even end up outside of the dome. You somehow end up floating above the dome on a sandstone platform. The platform is small but there are many more within jumping distance. They're made of sandstone as well and you can see formations of yellow crystals on the bottom of the platforms. Red crystals sparsely litter the platforms in various sized clusters.
>Examine the red crystals
>Try to find a way back down and go into the dome
>Write in
>>
>>1756010
The point of the quest is to get back to life and you have the option of fixing things. If you don't already know how to get back then you'll probably figure it out soon
>>
>>1758368
>Examine the red crystals
Have a spit pick it up and don't touch it ourselves
>>
>>1758558
You unpack a spit and command it to pick up one of the smaller red crystals but on touch, the red crystal splinters apart into many small pieces and rearranges itself into something that loosely resembles a lemur and runs two platforms away before settling back down. As it ran, it disturbed some more red crystals and caused them to splinter into a large feline and a beetle which also run to another platform. Unlike the other two, the beetle chips a piece of the yellow crystal and puts it on its back before floating off into the sky.
>Write in
>>
>>1758615
>try and get back down
That's some trippy crystal magic right there
>>
>>1758673
Ignoring the crystalline creatures, you call back your spit and begin to make your way down from the platforms by hopping to the lower ones until you land on the top of the dome and slide until you reach an entrance.
>Go back into the maze (2d100 vs 10 luck to find the Crystal and vs 50 to see if we encounter hostiles)
>Check out the village
>Write in
>>
>>1758714
>Check out the village
Maybe they can help, even though they don't speak English appareny
>>
>>1758720
You decide to head to the village which is only an hour travel with your boots.the first thing that you notice are the trees. A long stretch of them cover the desert but stepping through them you find that the stretch is only a couple trees thick; behind, or more aptly inside, the trees is a lake at least a mile in diameter. The lake isn't very deep though, you wade across it and it never reaches your thighs. Once through, you find the village. The houses look like large igloos made from sandstone and the occasional wooden stand that sells food, clothes, and other household goods. Dark skinned people dressed in wide hats and billowy, white, robe like clothes roam the streets. Most of the people are taller than you by a couple feet and in the more sparsely dressed you can see lanky, slender legs that remind you of a bird's. A young one of the desert people runs up to greet you
"Hola, persona extraño. ¡Estás en Ninguna Lluvia!"
With that, the child gives you a smile and runs off. You continue to wander through the town and find people farming with water from the lake and picking fruit from the trees that grow around it until the child that greeted you earlier comes back with two marked.
"Está Carolin."
The child points at a carmel skinned woman with a symbol.that resembles yours but it's upside down and only has one line across. She waves at you and a small rainbow is formed in the path her hand makes. The child leans in and whispers
"Ella está la más bonita. Y este es Jose."
The child points at a man standing slightly in the distance but close enough to listen in on the conversation. He has his arms crossed and a simple upside down triangle is marked on the cheek of a glowering face. He turns to look at you and you feel refreshed despite the angry look.
>Write in
>>
>>1758856
That'll be it for tonight. Also,
No using a translator, Alexander only knows as much Spanish as you do
>>
>>1758856
And, image.
>>
>>1758858
It's a good thing I can read children's level spanish with horrible proficiency
Good night.
And
>¡Hola Carolin! ¡Hola Jose! Me llamo Alexander. ¡Buenos diás!
>show my mark
Oh boy, my spanish is rustier than I thought. On a side note, how did you think to have some of your characters speak spanish?
Also, have you thought of using a trip for identification? If you plan on doing any more quests, I'm really enjoying this one so I would be glad to see more from you, even though it seems unlikely since you'll be busy.
>>
>>1758907
Writing
>>
>>1758907
You're able to recognize the language as Spanish and are able to understand a few words but your accent is off.
"¡Hola Carolin! ¡Hola Jose! Me llamo Alexander. ¡Buenos diás!"
You take off your glove and point at the mark on your right hand.
"¡Ahhh!"
Carolin squeals and her face lights up with an even bigger smile.
"Hola. ¿Conozces Forcas? Nos conversó pero el no pudo hablar Espanol. ¿Qué puedes hacer? ¿Por que vienes aquí? ¡Ay! Lo siento, ¿quieres aqua o un lugar a dormir?"
>Write in
>>
>>1758907
>how did you think to have some of your characters speak spanish?
I took some Spanish in high school and I think that another language would be a fun element in the quest along the lines that puzzles and codes are fun.

>Also, have you thought of using a trip...
I'm not going to use a trip on this quest but I definitely will on my next which may occur anywhere from the next month or so to next summer depending on how well I handle college and a job. The next quest will definitely be more dedicated and have more features than this one since this quest is just me getting my metaphorical toes wet. Not sure how I could notify you on a new quest but I have a discord account which might work; I haven't used it much though.

>I'm really enjoying this one
Thank you, it means a lot more to me than it should
>>
>>1761381
Oh boy
>Sí, Forcas es mi amigo. No hablo español bien, sorry. Soy aquí para un crystal de verdé y.... rojo y azul pero uno (making hand motions to show that the "red and blue" is really meaning the two colors mixed together, so that it gets across that I'm trying to say purple).
>demonstrate my gift because I can't say fire in spanish
>Yo quiero agua, muchas gracias
>>1761404
>fun
Well, I do like a good challenge. Good job.
>I have a discord
I haven't made one since I'm afraid of signing up for new websites, should I?
>>
>>1761608
"Sí, Forcas es mi amigo. No hablo español bien, sorry. Soy aquí para un crystal de verdé y... rojo"
You hold up one hand
"Y azul."
You hold up your other hand, clasp them together and rub them to hopefully signify mixing of the two colors.
"You quiero aqua, much as gracias."
Carolin's face furrowed in thought for a bit and then she motions for Jose to come over. Jose uncrosses his arms and walks over begrudgingly while Carolin picks up a handful of sand from the ground. The sand begins to shape itself into a cup shape mid air and transforms into glass which Carolin catches and hands to Jose who fills it with a stream of water from his finger. You down the glass, then another, and you give Jose your empty water bottles to top off. Once your thirst is quenched you hold up your hands to get their attention and summon a small flame, stretch it into various shapes and have it shoot into the sky with a small explosion. Carolin gives you a hearty round of applause while Jose crosses his arms again and gives you a subtle nod of appreciation.
"¿Quieres cristales de morado y verde? Sé de una tienda que les vende cristales. Nos sigue."
Carolin motions for you to follow and you oblige. She takes you to one of the wooden stalls filled with goods, this one has crystals of various colors among other things. It looks like some of the crystals have even been built into mechanical devices. You see some yellow crystals held down by a weight, some black crystals sitting in the middle of a clear space on the stand, and some red crystals in cages which you presume are sold as pets. You're able to understand the prices which is about 5 silver for a crystal the size of your pointer finger. Carolin approaches the shop owner.
"Hola, señorita Valeria. Mí amigo Alexander aquí quiere a comprar algunos cristales de Verdes y morados. ¿Tiene algunos?"
The shopkeeper responds
"Lo siento. No Tengo ningunos porque no necesito los. Pero estoy ir a conseguir más cristales mañana. ¿Alexander, quieres a ir conmigo?"
>Let Carolin answer
>Write in
>>
>>1761608
That's it for tonight.

>should I?
If you don't quest often or play games with friends then you probably don't need one. But it still doesn't hurt to get one, I currently use mine to get notifications about a quest which has been dead for a year (modern necromancy quest) and a quest which updates regularly but I usually don't have time to read (guardsman quest).
>>
>>1761824
>Sí
I would be fine to go crystal hunting
For curiosity's sake, what happens if we let Carolin answer? Does she just say yes for us or what?
>>1761841
Good night
This quest actually got me into questing. I might make a discord
>>
There will be a delay of ~30 min tonight, see you then
>>
>>1765126
Writing now
>>
>>1765289
"Sí."
"Excelente, iremos en la mañana. Así que debes dormir en mí casa por la noche."
Valeria finishes closing down her stand and then motions you to follow her. You think you saw Carolin sneak Valeria a few silver pieces. The shopkeeper leads you to one of the sandstone houses and unlocks the wooden door with a key. The inside descends below ground level and spreads out making it surprisingly spacious. Valeria leads you to a room with a hammock as well as a mattress with some blankets and then heads off to her own room with a
"Buenas noches. Qué duermas bien."
You nod off to sleep on the mattress.
You wake up in the morning and eat with Valeria. She gives you some more food and 2 more bottles of water to carry and loads her supplies on to a camel. The trip takes longer than it did before since you have to wait for the camel and although her long legs make her fast in the sand, Valeria is still slower than you in your boots. It takes 2/3rds of the day but you make it back to the dome. Valeria harvests a couple dozen handfuls of various crystals; white from the ground around the dome, yellow and red from the floating islands, and black from inside a second and darker dome that is located within the first. It's here that you find some purple and green crystals as well as purple crystals and green crystals.
>Collect the crystals and go back to Ep
>Stay and explore some more now that you're past the maze part
>Write in
>>
>>1761874
>what happens if we let Carolin answer?
she would say yes, offer to house us and then go along with us to make sure everyone is safe. Nice person if not the most helpful
>>
>>1765406
Ready to write
>>
>>1765397
>Collect the crystals and explore some more

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday, was watching a movie with friends. I won't be here tomorrow until friday/saturday either because I'm going camping.
>>
>>1768708
Valeria motions that she is going but you shake your head to signify that you're going to stay. You harvest a sizable amount of purple/green crystals and continue deeper into the second dome alone. With the sun blotted out, the only source of light is a dim fluorescence from the crystals. The only crystals that don't glow are the black ones which seem to suck in light making a small sphere of darkness around them. You notice black, red, green, and purple crystals in the tunnel. As you go further the walls of white crystal become less like crystal formations and more like carved, flat walls. The other colored crystal formations become less and less common until they're gone completely. The only formations left are small blue crystals that emit a powerful light that burns your eyes to look at as if they had hot peppers rubbed into them. Up ahead is a door made of white crystal that's barred up with a ring of purple crystals that goes through holes in the door and the adjacent wall. Every couple minutes you hear a faint sob from behind the door.
>Break the lock with fire(1d100 vs 20)
>Harvest any of the crystals
>Leave
>Write in
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>1768917
>harvest a blue crystal
>break the lock with fire
>>
Don't mind me, I'm the original OP from thread #1 (actually posted like just two or three times)

Nice job OP, this turned to be a great quest
>>
>>1769326
Thanks a lot.
I'm actually thinking of making thread stealing my thing, so my next quest will be built on another dead thread unless I think of a really good story and use that instead.
>>
>>1771439
Interesting. I'd be looking forward to them.
>>1769326
Good to hear from you. Why'd you end it after two posts though?

>>1768708
Got it.
>>
>>1771439
Back to writing
>>
>>1769074
You attempt to blast the lock with your fire but it absorb the flame with no apparent damage. Taking your attention away from the lock for now, you send a spit to harvest one of the blue crystals from it's place on the wall. The spit jumps off the ground and easily snatches the crystal. It then begins to bring the crystal towards you but drops it because it no longer has fingers. Starting at the crystal, the spit begins to disintegrate into nothingness. The spit screams, you didn't even know they could scream, and fades into non-existence, leaving the blue crystals resting on the white crystal floor.
>Go back and harvest a different crystal(s)
>Try to break the lock again, perhaps you've weakend it
>Try calling to behind the door
>Write in
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>1787145
>Try calling to behind the door
>Try breaking the lock again
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.