[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's over tread #7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

File: 1496189038519.gif (7KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1496189038519.gif
7KB, 500x377px
Character sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQGRgpc-zFooYJdpJASlkyWbsV3QcagS_MTcPXcgM5o/edit?usp=drivesdk

Thread 5: >>1648850 → #
Thread 6:>>1681936
>>
>>1715127 #
"Do you know why I'm marked? Other than Forcas' idea of this being limbo, I know I've died already and apparently have unfinished business. And you're a native to this... world. But why am I marked?"
"Like Forcas said you have unfinished business in your own world. When people are good in their previous lives but make a single terrible mistake, they are given a chance to return to their life in a way that they can fix that mistake. It is only a chance though and one must fight to get back to prove their want to fix the mistake, the mark helps you with this because if you didn't have it you would be the same as me. Which brings us to my next point, I'm not native to this land. Like you I once lived and died but I didn't live a good enough life to become marked and fix any of my mistakes. That's why I study the marked, to get back."
>Write in
>>
>>1717888
>>Write in
Ask if there's any place in particular that she wants the skin from?
>>
>>1717900
"Any particular place you want the skin from?"
"It's all the same to me; skin is skin. Now hold still."
You comply, standing still and turning off your heat aura. Mae holds your hand and quickly cuts off a small patch of skin with a blade on her pen then quickly puts it between two glass plates. She also swiftly snatches up a few drops of blood with a vial before bandaging your arm. She then heads upstairs. You peak at the books on the table before following her, they're all handwritten in some sort of code. Upstairs, Mae puts the glass plates and vial in a fridge and throws you the gold coin.
"As promised, here you go. It's fake by the way so don't use it on anyone who will look too hard at it."
>"What do you plan to do with the samples?"
>"Tell me more about your dealings with the ancients"
"What do you know about this town?"
>Write in
>>
>>1717951
>>"What do you plan to do with the samples?"
Then
>>"Tell me more about your dealings with the ancients"
>>
>>1717963
"What do you plan to do with the samples you got from me?"
"Right now I'm going to grow the cells to get more, then after a day or two I'm going to do some experiments with them, the first is going to involve me shocking the cells to try to illicit a reaction."
As she's talking, Mae pours some fluid into glass bowls along with some of your skin and blood.
"Tell me more about your dealings with the ancients"
"The ancients can trade memories for knowledge, knowledge for knowledge, or any variation of the sort. I simply approach one, and ask to trade. I first found out about them when I mistook them for marked. Of course, I quickly ran out of expendable information and I found that trading the important things away leads to some nasty side effects. But I found a solution, it may be a bit grim but it turns out that the information you trade doesn't necessarily need to be your own. But trading other people's info had it's own drawbacks; I got less in return and if I did it too much it would draw attention. I still do it every so often but I found an even more efficient way of learning. I traded part of myself with them."
Mae takes off one of her shoes to reveal a familiar looking foot. She puts the shoe back on.
"Now I always know a little bit of anything that would come in handy when I need it, the only drawback is that on one day of every month, the ancients get to use my body. Not sure what they do with it but so far nothing's come of it. They also sent one of themselves to me after I made the trade."
She gestures at the ancient standing in the cage.
"It could probably escape if it wanted to so I leave it alone for convenience of trading. Feel free to use it."
>Trade with the ancient (we can give up character stats to gain information. Most trades will only require one stat point but more essential info will cost more. Trading too much can have side effects)
>Write in
>>
>>1718084
>>Write in
You wanted to know what my suitcase does?
>>
>>1718138
"You wanted to know what my suitcase does?"
"Oh yes, very much please."
You take your suitcase out of your backpack and open it, it's currently fully replenished.
"As you can see, it has four different substances encased in glass bottles, each one burns differently. The green oil is pyrophoric and burns with a very hot flame that grows quickly, no idea what it is. The white waxy substance is also pyrophoric and burns very brightly, producing lots of smoke. Now that I have some of my memories I'm sure it's phosphorus. The black powder is just black powder and burns as such. The white powder is incredibly explosive and I have some theories on what it might be but I'm not sure. Mixing the substances, especially the oil, will often produce different effects. For instance, mixing the oil and white powder will result in a more stable explosive that requires some of the powder itself to detonate. Mixing the phosphorus and the oil makes a irritating and very flammable gas. Mixing the two powders just makes an explosive with less brisance. I haven't done much mixing other than that."
"Intriguing, if you would give me a couple bottles, I could ask the ancients for more information on your shoes, I'm sure they do more than make you run fast. You'd have to give me a day or two to get it though."
>Write in
>>
>>1718197
>>Write in
Give her a bottle of each substance
>>
>>1718261
"Sure thing."
You give her a bottle of each substance.
"I'll tell you if I learn anything about the substances as well."
>Leave to explore part of Ep (The Squirting Clam, the temples,the shops, other)
>Look for the other marked on this island
>Ask Mae about something else
>Trade with ancient
>Write in
>>
>>1718270
>>Look for the other marked on this island
Check out the temples first to see if I can lean anything about him
>>
>>1718292
You decide it's about time that you met the other marked on this island. You start by going into the first temple you find as they'll likely have information on him since he's apparently some sort of holy figure. The temple is filled with people practicing with weapons, mainly close combat but you do see some with bows and one with a gun, led by an instructor. You see one person puking into a pot in the corner. You watch until the group disbands to get water and you approach the leader.
"Hello newcomer, would you like to join the Iboga covenant, our God brings bravery and clarity as long as you have a strong stomach."
He offers you a small bag of brown powder
"Mabey later, do you know where to find the most prominent temple on Ep, it should be run by a guy with a mark on his body?"
"You mean the temple of the God of the Cleansing Pool? He's more than a leader, some say he's even an incarnation of a god."
The priest points out the location on your map and you toss a bronze coin into a donations bowl as you leave
Cont.
>>
>>1718329
That's it for tonight, I'll continue tomorrow
>>
>>1718334
Thread will start a bit late tonight, connection isn't good in my area
>>
>>1718329
You start off to the location the priest marked on the map and arrive at the largest temple you've seen yet, mabey ten times as big as the one you just visited. You approach the entrance which is blocked by two guards.
"Welcome follower, session has already begun but you may make it if you hurry."
One says but remains at the door. He gestures to a glass bowl of coins. There are balconies with people that you could jump onto if you're stealthy or you could donate.
>Donate
>Jump (1d100 vs 11)
>Use fake coin to donate
>Write in
>>
>>1722356
Sorry I couldn't run tonight, hopefully I'll be on time tomorrow.
>>
>>1722811
Ready to run
>>
>>1722356
>>Donate
We can spare 1 bronze
>>
>>1726372
You toss in a bronze coin and the guards open the door for you. The inside of the temple is just as massive as the outside. The entrance hall is empty except for a few but you walk up a couple floors and reach a massive amphitheater that seats thousands. Behind the amphitheater, people are standing all the way to the balconies you saw earlier. You manage to find a spot among the standing people and focus your attention on the stage. On it is man dressed in purple and white robes with silver gilded with silver. He has straight white hair that goes down to his neck, no shoes, and around his waist is a strap carrying a golden chalice. He talks about how he has been sent to save the people and how he can cleanse them with the powers he's been blessed with. He frequently refers to himself as the high priest while he talks. After around 20 minutes he stops talking and approaches an indent in the stage, takes off his chalice and pours out a purple liquid into the indent until it's full. Most of the people clear out but a couple hundred stay and line up at the stage to bathe in the pool.
>Wait until the people leave and approach the high priest
>Jump in the line (hey)
>Write in
>>
>>1726479
>>Wait until the people leave and approach the high priest
I don't want to be in the liquid, we read "The God of The Cleansing Pool".
>>
>>12631869965
>>
>>1726507
You decide to wait until everyone is done until you approach the high priest. You watch the people go, one by one, into the pool. It's shallow enough that they can wade through it. Once in the high priest dunks them, says a few words, and pours some of the purple liquid into their mouths from the chalice as they leave the pool. It takes a while but eventually everyone clears out though some with the same idea as you also approach the high priest to talk to him. Finally you get your chance to talk to the high priest. You smell wine in the pool and as you approach the high priest you begin to feel a bit dopey.
>Write in
>>
>>1726583
>>Write in
>"Lets get rid of this so we can talk properly"
>Burn off the alcohol
>>
File: Alchemy_Spirit_v2.png (42KB, 492x311px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemy_Spirit_v2.png
42KB, 492x311px
>>1726610
You approach the high priest and toss a fireball into the pool igniting it.
"Let's get rid of this so we can talk properly."
Most of the people run out of the temple leaving only a few dozen. The high priest lifts his head and gives everyone a reassuring smile. You can see his mark on his throat. He motions for the rest of the people to leave and they do so, leaving you and the high priest alone except for a few guards along the borders of the stage which the high priest motions to stay in place.
"I don't suppose you've come seeking enlightenment have you?"
The high priest asks. The dopey feeling fades and is replaced by a feeling of wooziness.
"Or better yet, just the directions off this island."
>Write in
>>
>>1726646
>>Write in
>Honestly, I just wanted to meet you, and ask a few questions.

OP, I forgot what we're here for, help me
>>
>>1726707
"Honestly, I just wanted to meet you, and ask a few questions."
"Oh, well, that's much better."
He makes a hand motion and you hear something move behind you but you see nothing when you turn around. You also fell the woozy feeling fade, but not disappear.
"You really shouldn't introduce yourself like that, I'd prefer if you didn't use your powers at all while staying here in Ep. What would you like to know?"
>"Why are you a priest here?"
>"Do you kill people?"
>"What's your gift?"
>"How'd you get here?"
>Write in
>>
>>1726741
That's it for tonight.
>>1726707
what are any of us here for,
man
>>
>>1726741
>>"Why are you a priest here?"

>>1726777
The answer is obvious. We are here to /quest/.
I was wondering why we were visiting the priest, guess I'll check the old threads. Goodnight.
>>
>>1726741
This quest is over nigger
>>
>>1726964
Rude

Quest starts an hour and a half later today, see you then
>>
>>1726809
"Why are you a priest here?"
"When I arrived here in the desert, I wandered for days, I nearly died of thirst until I realized I could create water with this cup."
He holds up the chalice, stroking it with one hand.
"After that, I realize I could do so much more. I could create any manner of liquid and I even had powers of my own that I could use. I soon came out of the desert and made my way here in a boat. Luckily for me the people here had religions that suited my powers and they quickly adopted me as a god. It was at that moment that I realized that I was a god. I knew I had died from the moment I woke up so evidently this is heaven and I am the new good here, made to rule over it's people. I was unaware there were other gods here until you arrived but I would appreciate if you would leave to your own domain or heaven, I would greatly appreciate it as I don't want any conflict between gods."
>Write in

(I said I'd start late but some updates may come. Don't count on the and enjoy yourself)
>>
>>1729234
>>Write in
He's a total nut. At least he seems friendly enough.
>"So other than the chalice, what powers do you have?"
>>
>>1729654
"So other than the chalice, what powers do you have?"
"I'd prefer not to tell you in case we ever have to compete but as a sign of Goodwill I'll tell you that I can induce the effects of drugs on myself and others. I'm guessing you can make and maniplate fire?"
>Write in
>>
>>1729671
>Leave Ep to explore somewhere else (desert, woods, spooky cave, ect)
>Explore Ep and knost some more
>Find somewhere to stay or sleep on the ground then go see Mae
>Train then do one of the above
>Write in
>>
>>1729730
That's it for tonight, hopefully I'll be on time tomorrow.
>>
>>1729671
>>Write in
Yeah, I can. I find it pretty useful.
>do you kill people?

>>1729730
>different ID
WHO IS THE REAL QM?
>>
>>1729804
"Yeah, I can. I find it pretty useful. Just wondering, do you kill people? I just heard some rumors..."
The high priest looks started for a second and then begins to laugh.
"Hahahaha, oh no. These aren't people. The beings here are no more than intelligent animals. Like I said, we're gods but what is a god to do without followers? I don't do it very often but I can just tell one of my followers to jump into a pool of liquid or overdose and they'll do it happily. Tell me, would a sentient person do that? These 'people' were put here to entertain gods like you and I. The only exception might be those ancients, they seem dumber than the average in their actions but there's something strange about them. Not sure but they might be the devil figure that most gods have thought they haven't done anything directly to oppose me yet."
>Write in

>WHO IS THE REAL QM?
they all are, I've been doing this whole quest on my phone so whenever I change locations my ID changes as well. Sorry for any confusion.
>>
Rolled 55, 56 = 111 (2d100)

>>1732019
>>Write in
He really is a nutcase. It's like he came fresh off of /x/ with all that "I am god" stuff.
>induce the effects of drugs on myself and others
Like we can burn people alive, he can probably overdose people to death.
It seems that he's looking for a "devil figure" as well. Hmmmm.

My response:
>Well, like you said, I don't want any conflict between gods either. I guess I'll leave you with these as a token of my goodwill.
>Give 7 spits (We can unpack them from our backpack) and tell him what they are and what they can do
>Find somewhere to stay
>Make a more intelligent (closer to our intelligence) golem (rolling a 1d100). If we succeed, this will be used to monitor the actions of the High Priest to see what he does with the 'toys' we give him.
>Attempt to make the tentacle whip/flame aura thing again (rolling another 1d100)
>Rest
>Go see Mae
>>
>>1732019
I've been questing on my phone as well
>>
>>1732204
Sorry again but updates will come slowly and sparsely tonight, playing LOL with my cousins. Questing will be delayed by an hour minimum
>>
>>1732243
That's ok.
>>
>>1732474
Writing, for real this time
>>
>>1735550
"Like you said, conflict between gods Isn't something either of us want. Take these as a symbol of Goodwill."
You unpack 7 spits and give them to the high priest, explaining what they can do.
"Curious things these are..."
The priest picks up one of the spits but throws it back down when the heat begins to burn his hand. You then leave and look for a place to stay at for the night. You don't really want to sleep on the ground again and there's no way that you're sleeping at the high priests or Mae's place so you pay twenty copper to rent a room just big enough for your backpack and you. Once inside you attempt to make a smarter golem. You succeed but it's very weak and can't do much more in the physical department than light a candle or move around. It's the size of a regular spit but it's body is shaped like an eyeball and it has tentacle like wisps of flame instead of limbs. You send it out to spy on the high priest. Once again you try to make a tentacle flame aura but fail. You decide to turn in for the night.
Cont.
>>
>>1735611
When you wake up you head for Mae's place. You see her closing the door when you arrive and you walk up to it. Mae then opens the door for you.
"I knew you'd be here now, come right in."
In the house Mae brings you to a machine the come up to your waist. It's made mostly of glass but has a metal bottom with pipes and wires running out of it.
"Observe."
Mae turns a dial on the machine then presses a button and a small jet of flame shoots out of a glass dish on the top.
"Amazing isn't it? I've found a way to activate the gift using electricity. The problem is that I can't decide how the gift is activated and the cells end up burning themselves. But that's not what you're here for, you probably want information on your shoes. The shoes work by expelling hot gas out of the bottom to propel you forward as you step. But, you can also propel gas out of other parts to increase the power of a kick, jump high, or rotate your body mid air. I haven't discovered much about the substances in the suitcase but I have an idea of something that could work. The problem is that I don't have any and I can't get it myself so if you could pick some up for me it would benefit us both."
>Leave Ep to explore somewhere else (desert, woods, spooky cave, ect)
>Explore Ep and knost some more
>Accept Mae's offer
>Explore the cults. Join one?
>Write in
>>
>>1718270
>>1735736
Did she run out?
>Accept Mae's offer
>>
I'm going to postpone the quest for three days and then questing will resume since my vacation will be over.
>>
>>1735942
Ok
>>
>>1735942
Have fun, QM.
>>
>>1735809
"I can do that. What do you need?"
"A few things actually, but they're more or less in the same place. The fist thing is easy, just some tar which you can get from this temple."
She marks a location on the map
"They should give it away free. The second is harder, get some toluene from this temple. You'll either have to steal it or convince them to give it to you. The last is optional due to it's distance but it should make the new substance better. You can find it here."
She marks a section on your map in the desert.
"You'll know the place when you find it, the substance is some GREEN AND PURPLE crystals. There are other colors that you can grab but I don't know what they do so they could be dangerous."
>Go get the tar and toluene
>Get the tar, toluene and crystals
>Write in
>>
>>1752658
>>Get the tar, toluene and crystals
>>
>>1754978
Writing
>>
>>1754978
You obtain the tar easily enough.by scraping it off the low hanging roof of one of the temples were the many followers smoked. You find some followers using the toluene and some other chemicals to make another drug which increases strength at the coat of the users mental and physical health.
>Buy some (roll 1d100 fel)
>Steal it (1d100 vs 41 ag)
>Take it by force (1d100 vs 17 fel if you don't want to hurt anyone)
>Write in
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>1755698
>Buy some toluene
>>
>>1755811
You approach what you think is the leader of the temple and point to the bottle labeled toluene
"Can I buy some of that from you?"
The man jerks around and almost punches you but is able to steady his fist at the last second.
"4 silver. I want 4 silver for the bottle. It's expensive and hard to get, 4 silver is the final price."
>Pay and continue on to the crystals
>Write in
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>1755854
>>Write in
Supposing it's not too late to steal it or take it by force?
>Take it by force
>>
>>1755901
I don't think I could spare that much silver."
You summon a large flame in your hand the begins to scorch the ceiling.
"But I'm sure that you'd save a lot more than 4 silver if you just gave it to me."
The priest flinches back
"Y-yes zero silver. You can have the toluene for zero silver. Leave us in peace O powerful god, we live to serve you."
"I'm not..."
You start, extinguishing your flame.
"We understand, great one. We will keep your existence hidden."
The priest bestows the bottle on you then heads to the back of the temple, punching down a metal altar and commanding other followers to gather materials for a new one (crit, +5 fel). After that you head to the shore of the island and hitch a ride on a boat to the trading village for 20 bronze.
You buy three bottles of water from the trading village for 7 more bronze and set off for the desert. As to be expected, the desert is hot. You down one of your bottles soon after entering and drink most of a second as you make your way to the location marked on your map. You pour the rest of the bottle on your feet as even though you're immune to fire, the boots heat up your feet after using them for extended periods. While walking, you trip over something and look back to see a small white crystal sticking out of the ground. Thinking you're close, you pick up your pace to trip over another white crystal, slightly bigger this time. You walk more carefully until you hit a wall of nothing. Looking back you see many white crystals peeking out of the sand, none of which you noticed as you were walking. You feel around the wall until you find a gap in the crystals and take a step forward to discover a dome of white where the sky once was. The dome is incredibly large but appears to be empty save for a large tract of empty sand.
>Continue onwards (2d100 for luck)
>Visit the town that Forcas talked about first
>Take crystal (this can be done with any crystals discovered but it comes with risks as some crystals are dangerous)
>Write in
>>
>>1755976
That's it for tonight see you tomorrow.
I may have to wrap this quest up in the next 3 threads or so because of life stuff but I'll make it longer if I have to. The last thing I want is a rushed ending. Just an FYI.
>>
Rolled 1, 70 = 71 (2d100)

>>1755976
>>Continue onwards (2d100 for luck)
Oh man, trippy crystal magic ahead

>>1755982
Thanks for the warning. I'll try not to dawdle around in It's Over World and try to be more to the point of the quest to make it easier on you. Speaking of, are we trying to get back to life to fix the problem there? I'm guessing that's it since we're getting a second chance to fix things.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.