[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilazation/CYOA thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 606
Thread images: 35

File: Civilization races.jpg (3MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization races.jpg
3MB, 2700x6000px
Sup guys let's have a Civilization/CYOA thread

Rules: Ties are won by first post

No rerolls

Remember to vote for other anons suggestions

Have fun!

First vote is for race and location

Op pic and subsequent post are what we will be using
>>
File: civilazations (new).jpg (3KB, 62x125px) Image search: [Google]
civilazations (new).jpg
3KB, 62x125px
>>
>>16448
>constructs
>mana wastes
>>
>>16448
Can we make custom races
>>
>>16460
i realize i saved the thumbnail for the second pic like an imbecile, ind posting it again?
>>
>>16470
That depends, what did you have in mind? I like using the images because it gives a set foundation, but im open to suggestions
>>
File: 1461778454164.jpg (962KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
1461778454164.jpg
962KB, 1841x3681px
>>16472
>>
>>16478
A good rule is it must have two negative and two positive traits
>at least
>>
3 Minutes and I'll lock in Constructs in the mana wastes
>>
>>16510
we should keep bumping and wait for more particpants( at least a couple more)
>>
>>16514
sure, i guess it makes sense for things to be slow at this hour

but i thought 4chan never slept
>>
lurkin but i have to sleep, will OP be posting map pics?
>>
>>16510
just go for it
>>
>>16521
I dont have images like that, typically i describe everything in a paragraph, more like an actual story than a DnD game

if theres any images youd like included feel free to post them
>>
>Minotaur
>Swamp
>>
>>16530
you could use painter
>>
>>16531
>>16460
Tied, tie breaker in 3 minutes

>>16534
The images would be abysmal, but I'll give it a shot if you guys would like
>>
sneks
reef

minotaur swamp if you need a tie breaker
>>
>>16534
>>16534
No man its so hard to do, the best game I had was with a guy from TG on skype, and he custom made demons and tengu and all the different buildings and other settlements, i think it went on for days with 2 anons and the GM, i gotta refind that guy on skype, im pretty sure hes from sweden and i told him he should compile his artwork somehow to make a easy Civ game maker.
>>
>>16552
read op
>first post wins ties
>>
Constructs in the Mana wastes wins
>>
>>16561
Ah lame... I wanted machines on ruins...
>>
File: Mana wastes.png (81KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Mana wastes.png
81KB, 1152x648px
Dorin stirred from his stony slumber as a harsh wind blew over his encampment. He raised a great stone hand to shield himself from the stinging sand and stood up, his stone eyes adjusting to the brightness of the day. Around him other constructs kept themselves busy with the various tasks they found enjoyable, tinkering and imbibing magic into whatever they could find though, here in the mana wastes, nothing they made lasted very long. Dorin shook off the remaining sand and rock before making his rounds about the camp, he was king here and his people needed him.

A) Gather resources
B) Send a scouting party
C) Consult Rune-mage
D) Other

Resources
Time: Morning
Food: 15 units

Population: 4 Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin

Materials: 10 units of stone, 3 units of mana rich ore

Tools: 2 stone hammers

Feel free to include any specifics when casting your vote. Also iI apologize for the wait, the map took a while
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>16598
Explore the Lake
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>16598
Have a gander at the lake for anything useful.
>>
>>16598
Vote for gather resources, try and construct a mine in the cliffside to dig for minerals
>>
>>16607
you dont haveto roll unless I specify, actions are decided based on votes cast per suggestion.

Ex: if 2 anons vote "Option c" we would do that, etc.
>>
>>16610
second this
>>
>>16607
>>16609
>>16610
>>16615
Tie breaker in 3 minutes
>>
>>16598
Gather Resources with the idea of increasing your numbers
>>
>>16607
>>16609
I go with explore the lake
>>
Dorin thought it best to explore the nearby lake, it was something he had been avoiding for some time, knowing full well the dangerous beasts the residual magic had created on land, let alone in the water. He strode over towards two of the larger constructs and gave his commands, using the runic lines that covered his body to convey his message. His scouts blinked their runes back twice in acknowledgement and set off. Dorin watched them for a few minutes as they lumbered off into the distance, hoping to see them again before the afternoon arrived. As Dorin turned to head deeper into the camp he noticed the scouts had forgotten to take their hammers, he cursed himself for his carelessness.

A) Send another construct to deliver the hammers
B) Let the scouts continue unarmed
C) Other

Resources

>>
Side note: Would you guys prefer a passive bonus to melee combat or the ability to change forms after some technological advancements?
>>
>>16656
A
>>16656
>changing forms would be sick
>>
>>16656
>Other
Check if you can create another construct with the materials you have
>>
>>16666
i'd like to know what crafting recipes we have
>nice quads
>>
>>16656
>B) Let the scouts continue unarmed

>>16661
Passive
>>
>>16672
are you changing your vote to Other?
>>
>>16679
no i'm just interested in required materials for stuff
>>
>>16664
>>16666
>>16674
Tie breaker in 2 minutes
>>
>>16656
A
>>16661
changing forms
>>
Dorin knew the scouts would be in dire straights without weaponry, however crude, with a loud roar he summoned the remaining golems. He selected the smallest and therefore fastest of the group and sent him on his way to deliver the weaponry, taking extra tie to emphasize the importance of returning to the camp immediately. Dorin watched with a worried heart as the young golem charged up the sand dune and disappeared over its ridge.

A) Consult the Rune-Mage
B) Gather resources
C) Other

Resources

Abilities: With some technological advancement form-shifting will be possible.
>>
>>16706
C
>can we try building an additional construct?
>>
>>16713
This, although I figured we couldn't do much without the hammers now that I think about it.
>>
>>16706
consult the rune mage, develop tech with materials
>>
>>16716
I dont think we would need hammers for this
>i'm guessing just magic
>>
>>16706
C
>can we try building an additional construct?
>>
>>16706
>B) Gather resources
>>
>>16713
>>16721
change my vote to this
>>
The rune-mage is our source for new golems and technology. He is able to create an apprentice but that will require far more energy than a typical golem. Different golems of varying specifications will require different materials and magic amounts, curently all of our constructs are Sandstone except Dorin who is obsidian.
>>
>>16726
An obsidian golem is badass just saying. Ill go back too lurking now.
>>
>>16726
>Ask the run-mage how can we produce more energy and what materials could be used for a good new construct
>>
>>16717
>>16726
Thats what i meant with my post, is to use the rune mage and materials to construct a construct (ha) or some other construct tech like a altar of mana with the mana rich ore and rocks

i like the mana altar
>>
>>16726
lets make an apprentice
<just in case our current mage gets wreck-rickity-wrecked
>>
>>16735
no lets make his abilities better by doing this
>>16734
>>
>>16735
nvm

changing to this
>>16734
(the mana alter)
>>
>>16729
you should join us man we could use another voice/new ideas
>>
>>16745
If you say so, I shall join.
>>16726
Mana altar
>>
>>16751
cool
>welcome to the quest friend
>>
Dorin turned to the Rune-Mage and requested his council with a bright green flash of his markings, the thin golem and acknowledged and strode over to his king. Dorin asked him if they could expand their numbers in anyway as the recent encounter with desert insects had left them low on population. The Rune-mage shook his rectangular head, the mana crystals around his neck dancing as he did so. He explained that he could only create a small golem with the materials they possessed and even then it would have abilities akin to an ordinary goblin. Dorin was troubled by this news and asked the Rune-Mage to compile a list of resources required for new golems and promised to do his best to meet the requirements. The elderly mage nodded and lumbered off, the glowing markings on his body revealing the slightest hint of enthusiasm.

A) Gather Resources
B) Patrol the perimeter

It will take the Rune-Mage 1 turn to compile his list of necessary materials.

Resources

>>
>>16768
>Gather Resources
>>
>>16770
this please, i have to go to bed
>>
>>16768
>Gather resources.
>>
>>16768
B
>better safe than sorry
>do we need food, if so what do we eat, like rocks or something?
>>
>>16778
Constructs consume energy from living matter or mana rich materials. They don't eat anything particular but a mana crystal is worth much more "food" than an animal bone.
>>
>>16781
ok
>>
Dorin felt it would be best to get a head start on gathering resources for the Rune-Mage and so set off to harvest various stones and ores from the cliff side adjacent to the camp. As he left he instructed the remaining golem to stay and guard the camp, being sure to include keeping an eye on the Rune-Mage as well, whose frailty was beginning to worry Dorin. After a few minutes Doring arrived at the rock face and began tearing the loose stone apart with his hands, sifting through the piles of debris for anything of value. It took almost an hour of what would have been back breaking labor for any being not made of stone before Dorin managed a sizeable haul and headed back to camp. When he arrived he was pleased to see both the young golem safe and the Rune-mage with a large stone tablet. Setting his armload of stones and ores down he consulted the mage's document.

A) Gather resources for a specific golem
B) Construct Mana Altar
C) Build Technology lab

Resources

Requirements for Building will be made in a separate image following this post
>>
>>16802
Ooo tech lab baby
>>
>>16802
Image and updated resources please? I don't mean to rush, Im sorry for my disrespect.
>>
>>16802
Laboratory of Techs por favor
>>
File: Golem resource requirements.png (32KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Golem resource requirements.png
32KB, 1152x648px
Resources

Materials: 80 units of stone, 55 units of mana rich ore, 35 units of sandstone, 22 units of granite, 80 units of limestone, 100 units of mana

>>
>>16842
>>16802
tech lab
>>
>>16842
lets wait to build anything and see what the other two bring back
>>
>>16847
Change to A
Granite golem.
>>
File: Golem resource requirements.png (46KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
46KB, 1152x648px
>>16849
>>16855
Tie breaker in 2 minutes

also heres an updated image
>>
>>16855
we dont have enough mana rich ore yet
>>
>>16870
I know that's why I want to gather more resources. Ill yield this time though. More people equals more resources gathers. So Ill go with wait.
>>
>>16868
Seems like Mana Storage might be in order.
>>
>>16879
we should get as much resources as posible then start pumping out the cheapest dudes
>and maybe research to ugrade them to be better gatherers
>>
>>16886
actually yeah, good call
>>
Dorin poured over the list and was pleased to see they had made some progress in the materials required. He flashed a thank you at the elderly mage and informed him that they would get to gathering resources once the scouting party returned. It wasn't long before Dorin could hear the tell tale grinding of stone that signaled the return of his subjects. As they cleared the sand dune to return to camp , Dorin noticed that they were not unscathed. Each of the golems bore large scratches across the chest and arms, one wielded a hammer that appeared half melted. Panicked Dorin went to attend to his scouts and they informed him of what had happened at the lake. They walked into an ambush of 4 basilisks, made particularly ferocious by exposure to residual magic, They had just barely managed to escape when the beasts realized their stony gaze wouldn't work and changed to a corrosive spit. One of the scouts however had managed to grab something before fleeing, it was the core of a diamond golem. The large gem pulsed with a faint blue light as Dorin held it, while it it did not make up for almost losing his scouts, this core would ensure he could feed his people for months!

A) Gather specific resources
B) Gather resources
C) Construct weaponry
D) Scout an area
E) Other

Resources
Time: Afternoon
Food: 1500 units

Population: 4 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin

Materials: 80 units of stone, 55 units of mana rich ore, 35 units of sandstone, 22 units of granite, 80 units of limestone, 100 units of mana

Tools: 1 stone hammers

>>
I will be wrapping this thread up in about a half hour, i will gladly continue the story of Dorin and his golems tomorrow or some other time if you would like

Here is a link to my Twitter, I only post about threads that i make so you dont have to worry about me clogging your newsfeed. https://twitter.com/QMSaurn
>>
>>16924
A
>lets try finding some mana rich ore
>>
>>16924
>A.
Mana rich ore.
>>
>>16924
A mana rich ore
>>
Dorin made sure the returning scouts were alright before giving them another set of orders. He instructed them to guard the camp and the Rune-Mage while he and the remaining golems set off to gather some mana rich ore. The two scouts flashed an affirmative and seemed thankful for the comparatively easier job of guarding an old man. Dorin and his two golems set out and once again began eating into the mountain side. Dorin was far stronger than his companions and so made quick work of the rock face, after a few hours they were ready to return to camp, pleased with having struck a vein of mana rich ore.

A) Construct a golem
B) Construct Mana Storage
C) Construct Technology Lab
D) Other

Resources
Time: Late afternoon

Materials: 200 units of stone, 175 units of mana rich ore, 80 units of sandstone, 57 units of granite, 125 units of limestone, 100 units of mana

>>
>>16993
B all the way
>>
>>16993
lets make a mana alter so we can make bigger gollums later
>>
>>17008
>>17015
Tie breaker in 3 minutes
>>
>>16993
B.
>>
Dorin was pleased with this haul and decided it would be wise to construct a mana storage unit. He summoned the the Rune-Mage with an earthy bellow and informed of his decision, the mage bowed his head respectfully as he gathered the required materials, taking them to the southern side of the camp. Moments later Dorin felt the intense surge of magical energy that signaled a successful transmutation, taking a moment to inspect the mage's work Dorin stared at the large clear cube seated on it's stone pedestal.

A) Construct additional mana storage
B) Gather material for a specific Golem
C) Gather material
D) Construct weaponry
E) Other

This was my last post for the night, if someone would like to archive or screencap this thread for future use i would be much obliged. Thank you for being in my story, I hope to see you all in the next thread!

Resources

Materials: 175 units of stone, 165 units of mana rich ore, 80 units of sandstone, 57 units of granite, 125 units of limestone,

Mana: 85/350 , 1 Mana storage.

>>
>>16993
B
>>
>>17047
C want to gather stuff for lab
>next time (since we're on /qst/ now) try utilizing different colors of text
>cya later
>>
anyone know how to archive?
>>
>>17071

Don't know if they automatically archive here, but most people just use pastebin.
>>
>>17085
how does it work?
>pastebin
>>
>>17086

>Go to the site
>Copy each of OPs post invidicually and paste it
>thats it

/tg/ has a system where you can archive the whole thread there, but I don't know how or if /qst/ even has anything yet.
>>
>>17097
thank you anon
>>
>>17047
>C.
So we can move towards fixing our boys what got beaten on by basilisks.

>>17071
sup/tg/ added a /qst/ archive.
>>
>>17106
>sup/tg/ added a /qst/ archive.
>what is that?
>how does it work?
>>
>>17113
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html
Like so, then you bring up the request interface, fill in the information, and you're golden.
>>
>>17106

Cool, nice to know

>>17113

Just go here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html
and click on "Add Thread" on the left.
just follow the steps
>>
>>17132
>>17133
thanks guys you've been a ton of help
>>
http://pastebin.com/TPRg5Ndf
>>
Alright guys I'm back for the next few hours if anyone is interested in continuing our story.
>>
>>17047
Gather material
>>
>>19190
I think gathering material is what's happening.

Gotta get that lab into gear.
>>
>>19203
Welcome!
I will bump the thread until we get more activity
>>
Dorin looked at the Mana storage thoughtfully for a moment before deciding that gathering more material would be his best course of action. Once more he turned to gather his golems and returned to the mountain side. It wasn't long into their foraging that Dorin began to hear the tell-tale noises of combat emanating from the encampment, the distinct sounds of stone scraping stone and rocks smashing flesh.

A) Let the guards handle it
B) Return immediately
C) Other

Resources

Materials: 175 units of stone, 165 units of mana rich ore, 80 units of sandstone, 57 units of granite, 125 units of limestone,

Mana: 135/350 , 1 Mana storage.

>>
>>19259
Return immediately
>>
>>19259
>B
>>
Dorin turned from the mountain and lumbered as quickly as he could back towards the camp, bellowing for the others to follow. The shifting sands made it difficult for the golems to walk normally and Dorin's haste caused him to stumble and slide across the ever-changing surface. Finally he saw the outskirts of the camp through the biting storm his footsteps had caused. He saw the two guards wrestling with something large and bulbous, as he drew closer he saw that it was an insect scout, it's brown chitin armor shining in the hot sun. The monster snapped at the golems with mandibles that could crush stone but the guards were fortunate enough to dodge the strike. One of the golems raised his hammer high into the air and brought the heavy stone mallet straight onto the creatures skull. A mighty crack was heard as the weapon broke through the armor and buried itself in the soft flesh hidden beneath. The force of the blow was so great that the brittle handle of the hammer snapped clean in two, leaving the head buried in its opponent. The insect let out a chittering screech as it reared before finally falling onto it's back, it's, legs jerkily curling beneath it.

Resources

Mana: 185/350 , 1 Mana storage.

Tools:

>>
>>19346

See if we can form a construct around/inside the (umber hulk).
>>
>>19372
A Technology lab is required to refine materials to see if they're eligible for golem production
>>
>>19346
We need to build more weapons
>>
>>19388

I guess my vote is for building a construction circle.

(Not!Stone Henge)
>>
>>19346
Construct technology lab.
>>
>>19392
>>19396
>>19395
Tie breaker in 3 minutes
>>
>>19425

That was two votes for making a construction lab, and one for weapons.
>>
>>19436
my apologies i was reading construction circle and Tech lab as two separate things
>>
Dorin decided that the threat of the insects was an imminent one and that they needed better technology to defend against the unyielding armored horde. He instructed his warriors to scavenge the corpse for any raw materials and set off to find the Rune-Mage. He found the aging golem pouring mana into their newly Constructed mana storage, the once clear crystal now slowly filling with a swirling blue energy. Sensing his prescience the mage turned to face his king and was dismayed to hear of the battle fought so close to his home. The mage admitted that he had heard nothing for his meditation consumed all of his energy, Dorin pardoned his negligence, understanding that Rune-Mages were not always beholden to the rules of war. Dorin told him that they required a technology lab now, as they were unequipped to deal with any threat greater than the occasional scout. The Mage happily obliged and went to fetch the required materials. When he returned he set them in a neat pile near the Mana storage. A bright flash of blue light blinded Dorin and the felt the surge of energy wash over him once more. When he regained his vision he was pleased to see a great stone dome, easily twice his height, nestled in the sands.

A) Refine Raw materials (Specify)
B) Research upgrades (An upgrade tree will be provided)
C) Construct weaponry
D) Other

Resources
Time: Dusk

Materials: 25 units of stone, 145 units of mana rich ore, 80 units of sandstone, 57 units of granite, 125 units of limestone,

Mana: 155/350 , 1 Mana storage.

Tools: 1 Technology Lab

>>
>>19506
What kind of weapon tech is there to research with our newly built technology dome
>>
>>19526
Im compiling the research tree now, sorry for the wait
>>
File: Golem Upgrades.png (56KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Golem Upgrades.png
56KB, 1152x648px
Sorry about this taking so long
>>
>>19684
I can't enlarge the pic
>also good to see you all again
>>
>>19749
Nvm I got it
>>
>>19506
>>19684
I'll take stone armaments for 200
>>
File: 1460216760410.gif (2MB, 620x932px) Image search: [Google]
1460216760410.gif
2MB, 620x932px
>>19392
>>19526
>>19773
Don't know why my id keeps changing I'll name myself now
>>
>>19506
>>19684
I vote mining tech or enhanced mana thing
>>
>>19797
Don't you think we should re arm ourselves in this hostile environment before we get our only rune golem killed?
>>
>>19806
Hmm ok, I'll concede, you've got a good point
>changing to weapons
>>
>>19506
>B
Stone Weapons.
>>
>>19806
>>19815
For the sake of making this simple I will go with weapons too, but we should really start getting more resources in order to increase the size of the settlement.
>>
>>19836
I agree but being in a hostile environment stone hammers and being made out of stone will only go so far. Especially when they break after one kill.
>>
Dorin asked the Rune-Mage if it would be at all possible to upgrade their weaponry, the recent battle with the insect scout had claimed their last hammer. The Rune-Mage nodded pensively and said that it would take some time to conduct the research but he would still be free to attend to other duties as he did so. Dorin nodded and headed out of the lab, glad to be making some progress for the wellbeing of his people.

A) Set up a patrol
B) Make stone hammer(s)
C) Gather Materials
D) Scout
E) Other

Please note that the technology lab can only perform one task at a time, Multiple Tech labs require an additional Rune-Mage each

Resources

Materials: 25 units of stone, 145 units of mana rich ore, 80 units of sandstone, 57 units of granite, 125 units of limestone,

Mana: 205/350 , 1 Mana storage.

Tools: 1 Technology Lab

>>
>>19858
Edit:

Research: Stone armaments level 1: 8 turns
>>
>>19858
I vote for Making 2 more hammers so we can (probably) survive two more insect encounters
>>
>>19858
A
>we don't want any threats near our camp
>it's getting late, do we have to sleep?
>>
>>19874
Maybe have two golems do this and two others make the hammers? Seems like we could multitask
>>
>>19874
Golems dont rewuire sleep, but they "eat" proportional to how long they remain active. Ex: I day of activity= 1 unit of food per golem, 2 days of activity= 2 units of food per golem, etc.
>>
>>19893
So we have 1500 days of activity from a really lucky food roll?
>>
>>19883
This works for me
>>
>>19893
Cool
>>
Dorin surveyed his camp for a moment, it was getting dark, but he had stockpiled enough energy to keep his golems running for quite some time. There was much to be done and not many golems to be doing it, they needed weapons to stave off any more insect attacks as much as they needed to be alerted in case of an attack. He pondered for a few minutes before deciding to split his units up, he summoned the tribe and flashed his commands. The two large golems were sent to patrol the perimeter of the camp and the other two set off to make some more stone hammers. The two guards blinked their affirmative before lumbering off while the two smaller set about making the weapons.

A) Retire for the night
B)Scout an area
C) Gather resources
D) Other

Resources
Time: Night
Food: 1494 units

Materials: 20 units of stone, 145 units of mana rich ore, 80 units of sandstone, 57 units of granite, 125 units of limestone,

Tools: 1 Technology Lab, 5 stone hammers

Research: Stone Armaments level 1: 7 turns

>>
>>19900
Essentially its 1500/6, which is 250 days of activity with rest periods, assuming we dont make any more golems
>>
>>19946
A or B for now, we shouldn't gather alone
>>
>>19959
We shouldn't scout either. I think we should stay up and make sure the patrol gets back alright
>>
>>19966
>>19959
Tie breaker in 2 minutes
>>
>>19946
Stay still and wait for the patrol to come back
>>
Dorin decided he would stay and wait for the patrol to return, eager to hear nay news they might have. He understood the precariousness of their situation and needed to be sure there was no cause for immediate evacuation. He waited quite some time before he saw the silhouettes of his returning warriors in the moonlight. They flashed him an all clear sign and Dorin would've breathed a sign of relief if he possessed lungs. The scouts informed him that they had located the tunnel the insect used to enter their camp and that they had sealed the entrance with sand and rock. Dorin knew this would not hold the monsters back very long, especially if they made a concerted effort, but at least it bought them some degree of time.

A) Move camp (Refinement of raw materials may result in mobile structures, otherwise you'd have to leave it behind)
B) Set a guard at the collapsed tunnel entrance
C) Other

Resources

Materials: 20 units of stone, 145 units of mana rich ore, 80 units of sandstone, 57 units of granite, 125 units of limestone,

Research: Stone Armaments level 1: 6 turns

>>
>>20061
Get the two big ones to guard the tunnel for the night and have one of the little ones, or yourself, write a log of what happened today and the net gain/loss of materials.

my finance major is showing ^\\\^
>>
>>20061
Let's set guards at the tunnel and equip everyone with hammers
>>
>>20061
hihi just discovered this amazing board, cool if I join in?
>>
>>20103
That might be a little much for me to manage right now unfortunately, most of my time is spent writing notes for the various branches of the story. If it gets enough votes from other anons I will do this however
>>
>>20165
Oh please do so
>>
>>20061
>Let's set guards at the tunnel and equip everyone with hammers
>>
>>20167
You don't actually have to write that down. I'm just saying golems would probably have something to that extent.
>>20165
Absolutely!
>>
The existence of the tunnel so close to his home disturbed Dorin and he sent the guards back out to guard the entrance for the night, instructing them to take a hammer each and raise an alarm if anything happened. The guards nodded in agreement as they accepted the heavy cudgels and lumbered off, their massive feet digging great holes in the sands. Dorin decided it would be best if everyone was equipped with a weapon for the time being and so busied himself with equipping all of his subjects, the Rune-mage included.

A) Retire for the night
B) Gather materials
C) Other

Resources
Food: 1492 units

Research: Stone Armaments level 1: 4 turns

>>
>>20165
Welcome!

>>20202
Oh I understand, sorry that just seemed quite a daunting task in addition to my QM duties
>>
>>20203
Send the two small golems Cliffside to mine it for resources. Stay behind to guard our Rune mage
>>
>>20203
B
also question, what are Dorin's stats? How much trouble would D be in if we gather by ourself and run into a 'sect scout?
>>
>>20212
I don't blame you it's a lot to ask. Thank you for being patient, I'm enjoying the thread immensely
>>
>>20203
>Other
Check is the tunnel could become a mine, see if there is anything of value in its walls that could be mined, also would crafting pickaxes increase mining output?
>>
>>20235
Changing to this. That's really smart.
>>
>>20224
Obsidian golems can be created after refining some raw materials at the technology lab. I wont include them in the building sheet but here they are

Obsidian Golem: ( An imposing golem, immensely powerful and considered a specialist in all aspects of construct life. Natural born leaders Obsidian golems are among the most powerful of all constructs. Limit 1 per colony)
>>
>>20235
I'll switch to this as well
>>
>>20264
Where did you get this from?
>>
>>20289
Literally just came up with it lol
>>
>>20298
Nicu nicu
>>
Dorin contemplated what could be done about the tunnel instead of just guarding it. He thought of sending the smaller golems back tot he cliffside to gather more materials when an idea struck him. Perhaps he could turn the tunnel into a mine? It would be dangerous certainly, the insects already having access to it, but he found it hard to argue to ignore the opportunity he was presented with. Dorin gathered the juvenile golem and together they set off towards the tunnel. As they arrived they saw the entrance guarded by the large golems, the entrance was covered in sand and stone that the guards had placed over it. Dorin examined the fortifications, it would take some time for the 4 of them to clear the entrance again.

A) Begin clearing the entrance
B) Abandon the idea
C) Other

Resources

Mana: 305/350 , 1 Mana storage.

Research: Stone Armaments level 1: 4 turns

>>
>>20344
Wait are there bugs inside of the tunnel?
>>
>>20353
The constructs are not sure, however it can be assumed that the tunnel is part of a larger network, of which probably contains insects
>>
>>20353
Also i never answered your previous question. The golems curently do not know how to create a pickaxe, researching mining would result in the ability to create basic equipment. Also remember that the golems are strong enough to tear stone walls to pieces when they gather.
>>
>>20353
This
>>
>>20353
C) Clear the entrance and use the cleared stone to make a bottleneck/deadfall incase of bugs
Having a foothold in the tunnel system seems like it'll actually make the colony safer since we would have advanced warning of attack.
>>
>>20377
The risk is too high, maybe the tunnel is an actual entrance to a colony or something, it would be better to research mining so we can get more resources peer action, even if it just increases it a little, when our numbers are good enough, then we can explore the tunnel, for now I would like to get mining equipment instead of punching the ground with bare fists, cuz that looks silly
>>
>>20391
>make a bottleneck/deadfall incase of bugs
I doubt we have the technology for that, also bugs are pretty strong and could end up having a big numerical superiority
>>
>>20418
But minecraft desu!

>>20391
In all seriousness I think the bugs would be able to climb that wall so I think it would be best if we just leave the guards there and just mine Cliffside.
>>
>>20418
>>20391
tie breaker in 2 minutes, also I'll have to leave the threat in about 15 minutes, need to help a friend move. I will return after i finish later tonight.

Here is a link to my twitter, i only post about threads i make so i won't be clogging your newsfeed. https://twitter.com/QMSaurn
>>
>>20434
>>20442
Valid points! Sounds like we abandon the idea for now.
>>
Dorin voiced his ideas to the golems and while they conceded the resources would be valuable they simply did not have the strength to keep the insects at bay should they decide to attack. Dorin was forced to agree and thanked his subjects for their council, turning to depart he instructed the guards to remain at their post until morning. The guards blinked affirmatives and returned to their posts.

A) Gather materials
B) Scout
C) Other

Resources

Mana: 3505/350 , 1 Mana storage.

Research: Stone Armaments level 1: 3 turns

>>
>>20467
Back to gathering materials Cliffside!
>>
>>20535
+1
>>
>>20467
Having those two always guard the tunnel seems like a waste of potential, we might benefit in finding a way to completely seal the entrance so we dont have to always keep an eye on the thing.
>>
>>20467
Gather Materials
>>
Alright guys I'll be back later on, I will post on the twitter if I make a new thread or when I return to this one. Thanks for being a part of my story, you guys have a great day!
>>
>>20569
Great, see you later op will bump every hour
>>
>>20560
Once we learn how to make fire we can probably smoke them out.
>>
>>20625
Then we'd have bugs all over our lands
>>
>>20703
Ah shit you're right. We gotta get rid of them or move though. Before they become too much of a problem.
>>
>>20721
>inb4 "Waste all tech and resources on magic insecticide"
>>
>>20743
I'm just saying that insects will quickly overrun golems. We could sell magic insecticide for a hefty profit though.
>>
>>20770
Yeah I know, but seems that we either need to start growing at ludicrouse speed or else move away from the possible hive
>>
>>20864
Which is what I'm saying. We might be able to make a base inside the Cliffside because golems are by definition not fast at population growth
>>
>>20947
We could also head southwest or northeast along the road in search of settlements
>>
>>20996
There are basilisks near the lake which are going to be a pain and I don't think moving away from the defensive protection of the cliff will be a good idea. Unless the insects are in there which I doubt. I hope saurn updates the map with a picture of where the tunnel is so we can have a better idea of where the bugs are.

It seems Like our stone weapons and armor will be done be the afternoon of the next day so we should research mining after that and go crazy with resource gathering so we can find the upgrade that moves our dome of technology around.
>>
>>21069
This sounds good to me, although don't plan too far ahead, saurn might throw a curveball
>>
>>21148
I'm only planning 4 turns ahead, but if Saurn throws a curveball that'll be something we just have to adapt to. Besides, the main purpose for talking about it is for others to criticize it.
>>
>>21226
We should try finding weaknesses for the basilisks and the bugs(maybe silver since they are magical creatures) or we could make a more defensible base with a mine in it so we wouldn't have worry much about exterior threats
>>
>>21226
Im up with the idea of investing more into tech and resource gathering, all creating more defensive structures would be nice, since numbers are limited and growing is a slow process we should play defensely for a while.
>>
>>21329
Bugs are actually anti magic, refer to OP pic, so fire is probably going to be more effective. Basilisks are gonna probably be extremely vulnerable to us once we get soMething that resists their acid though. Definitely need a wall #trump it's gonna be yuge

>>21337
I agree playing defensively. That might change once we get a better assortment of golems. But until then we need to stick our feet in the dirt and fortify ourselves.
>>
Another bump
>>
>>
I'll be ready to qm in about 15-20 minutes, great job keeping the thread up!
>>
>>23566
Lurking
>>
>>23566
NicE dubs Saurn.
>>
>>23566
psyched
>>
Have you guys decided on a course of action?
Also, this next post will take a bit longer, I'll update the map like >>21069
suggested
>>
>>24071
the defensive cliff mining plan seemed v smart
>>
>>24096
+1
>>
Dorin wracked his great stony head for a solutions to his myriad of problems. There was no way to permanently seal the tunnel entrance, even if he could the insects would simply burrow around it, The lake seemed to hold valuable treasures, but the reported basilisks would tear his tribe to pieces. He gazed out of the dark desert, illuminated by the light of the moon he could make out patches of mana rich ore deposits jutting from the sand, traps for the many predator that stalked this desolate locale. As he panned the horizon his eyes came to to settle on the cliffside that backed his village and an idea sprang into his mind. The cliffs were well over 100 feet tall and the sheer face was almost impossible to scale without some level of specialization. He wondered if he could move his village into the protection of the cliff, whether high or low the cliff would make an excellent vanguard against even an insect horde. They also needed materials, and lots of them, their numbers needed to expand, they required better technology, what better place to get these from the cliffs as they had been? Dorin was pleased with himself he would kill 2 birds with one great stone. He flashed for his companion to follow and headed back into the camp, head held high.

A) Begin immediately
B) Rest for the night

Resources
Food: 1490 units

Mana: 350/350 , 1 Mana storage.

Research: Stone Armaments level 1: 2 turns

>>
File: Mana wastes.png (87KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Mana wastes.png
87KB, 1152x648px
>>
>>24249
A. Proceed immediately
>>
A
>>
>>24249
What will we have to rebuild at the new location? Can we take the altar with us?
>>
>>24352
You have no altar constructed yet, just a tech lab and a mana storage. remember the more raw materials you refine the more chances you have of unlocking/discovering new golems and upgrades
>>
>>24249
buh yeah A
>>
>>24372
Can we move our pre-existing structures to a new location
>is so then A
>>
Dorin contemplated resting for the night and conserving energy, but he knew the insects never slept, and every moment he sat idle his people were in danger. They arrived at the encampment a short while later and he set off to consult the Rune-Mage, he needed to know the logistics of his plans. The Rune-Mage seemed thrilled with the idea of a more secure fortification but warned Dorin that they were not miners and they were not drwarves, digging tunnels and underground fortresses was not a specialty they currently possessed. Dorin was forced to agree but saw no harm in gathering more materials than usually, The elderly mage blinked brightly in agreement. Dorin bade the Rune-Mage farewell and gathered his remaining 2 golems, instructing them to gather as much as they could from the cliffside for the rest of the night.

A) Join them
B) Guard the camp

Resources
Time: Early Morning

Research: Stone Armaments level 1: 1 turns

>>
>>24436
The constructs currently have no means of moving already built structures, but they may be able to research such an upgrade.
>>
>>24447
B, let's protect our mage
>>
>>24492
+1
>>
>>24484
Ok thanks
>>
>>24501
>>24492
answers locked in 2 minutes

remember lurkers, the more you participate the better!
>>
>>24492
This! The mage can't die!
>>
>>24492
this
>>24447
>>
He thought it would be best to remain behind and guard the camp. He detested not working at peak efficiency and he knew he could gather much more than the sandstone golems, but the Rune-Mage was a vital part to their survival more so than even Dorin. He mustn't be allowed to fall. So Dorin patrolled through the empty passages between the outcroppings of stone that they slept beneath, crude dwelling to be sure, but the stinging wind and whipping sand were only minor annoyances to a stone golem, it was the rain that he worried about. He had almost completed his third round when a strange sound came to his hears. He focused his hearing, paranoid that it might be something dangerous. It sounded like...laughter? Dorin was perplexed and followed the sound, it was coming from behind their resource pile!

A) Investigate
B) Call for reinforcements
C) Ignore it
D) Other

Resources

Research:

Upgrades: Stone Armaments Level 1

>>
>>24640
>Investigate
>>
>>24640
>B) Call for reinforcements.
You don't know what it is so we should be careful. But don't just stand there either, if not, get armed or try to see what it is at a distance.
>>
>>24640
We ain't doing this horror movie shit
>B) Call for reinforcements
>>
>>24640
We're an obsidian golem, we can handle this without reinforcements. I vote A. Investigate
>>
>>24640
Spooked but curious, investigate
>>
ive come to the realization that I've never specified how large the golems actually are.

Sandsrtone- 12-15 feet tall
Limestone-17-20 feet tall, very slender
Mountain- 750-1,000 feet tall
Granite-25-30 feet tall, very burly
Dorin- 24 feet tall, most humanoid looking
>>
>>24714
>>24720
>>24735
Have literally none of you watched a horror movie, or played a horror game. Rip us
>>
>>24761
well shit, if we are a 24 foot tall obsidian golem, yeah go fucking hulk mode.
>>
>>24779
>>24735
>>24714
Answers locked in 2 minutes
>>
>>24768
Dude, we're a 24 feet tall Obsidian golem.. We're the horror movie.
>>
>>24813
obsidian is glass bro
>>
>>24826
But this is Magic Obsidian!
>>
>>24826
shatter kyoka suigetsu
kek, that should've been our name.
>>
>>24857
dude have you ever heard of curses or possessions they aren't fun either
>>
Dorin thought of calling reinforcements but decided whatever was small enough to hide behind the resource pile, and produce such a high pitched laughter, would surely be something he could handle. He flashed his runes an angry red color as he hastened towards the pile. As he neared the laughter grew fainter until stopping altogether as his thundering footsteps came to a halt. He peered over the edge of the mound expecting some sort of horrificly mutated animal, what he saw instead was a group of 10-15 goblins, loaded to the brim with varying amounts stolen materials.

A) Attempt Diplomacy
B) Crush them
C) Take prisoners
D) Other

Resources

Research:

>>
>>24826
No reward without risks
>>
>>24640
I think we should call out to it. Jk reinforcements
>>
>>24909
A) Diplomacy
"Gimme that loot and you can live."
>>
>>24909
Aww I was too late. Destroy them.
>>
>>24909
Diplomacy, they surely know the area better and could help you get resources that are scarce in your encampment.
>>
>>24909
C
>they can make our new base
>>
>>24934
> Goblins
>Diplomacy

One of their aspects is that they don't fear anything.
>>
>>24954
seconding, with intimidation
>>
>>24934
I guess this is our best bet. If we try to squash all 15 of them they'll start running and a few of them will probably get away. But maybe they'll start running anyways, in which case we should just kill/imprison as many as possible.

I think I'll vote for diplomacy for now. We can always escalate if that doesn't work. Tell them to stand still and to drop their loot/weapons, or else. Although now I'm curious if we can even communicate with them in any meaningful way. Hmm
>>
>>24966
team up, then.

One big happy senpai
>>
>>24966
Oh shit. This guy is right. They have immunity to fear. This changes things
>>
>>24976
>Immune to fear and corruption
>>
>>24999
the fuck. f a m = senpai?
>>
>>24934
This but tell them to work for you, say you'll protect them if they aid in your efforts.
>>
>>24999
I enjoy your trips, but I still think you guys are giving goblins too much credit. Besides that, they *have* to destroy things every once in a while. They're a burden as teammates.
>>
>>25042
Yeah, changing vote to this.

Tribal goblin overlord obsidian golem cheif
>>
>>25076
Chief be sleeping in goblin camp
chip away piece by piece as gem
>>
Dorin decided that they had not stolen from him and that an alliance with the tiny creatures might prove beneficial, at least on his side. He flashed his runes a pale blue as a show of peace and let out an earthy groan. The goblins stared at him for a moment before bursting into a chittering,squealing, yelling frenzy. Dorin looked at the tiny creatures, thoroughly confused by their behavior, suddenly he was being pelted with rocks. The goblins had begun to attack! The rocks had no effect on the mighty golem and again he flashed his runes, trying to communicate with the barbaric rabble. The goblins paid no attention to the giant's glowing runes and redoubled their effort, with one particularly brave goblin attempting to scale Dorin's leg.

A) Call for reinforcements
B) Crush them
C) Take Prisoners
D) Other

Resources

Research:

>>
>>25100
I Fucking told you guys crush their skulls
>>
>>25100
Oh well, this is going badly.

I shall defer to your judgement >>25063

(Crush?)
>>
>>25100
take prisoners
>>
>>25100
A second glance at the OP makes me realize we never should have attempted diplomacy. Constructs have a diplomacy bonus with most races, and goblins can't really be intimidated.

Crush them. Take one or two prisoners if possible. Our allies will probably hear the commotion anyways so no need to call for them.
>>
>>25100
>C) Take Prisoners
If they will not be useful friends they will be useful slaves.
>>
>>25100
Prisoners
>work them to near-death then absorb their life essence as food
>>
>>25128
>>25131
>>25162
answers locked in 3 minutes
>>
>>25162
>>25168
>>25170
Why? That risks our resources
>>
>>25186
they should bring their ration for certain amount of time, we try to observe and communicate in the mean time, all else fail, kill them
>>
>>25100
murder crush mode activate
>>
>>25206
Take a look. At op image
They destroy everything it's not worth it
>>
>>25232
Agreed. Kill them all. We should probably find out where they came from, though.
>>
>>25100
Ugh just fucking kill them or call reinforcement
>>
>>25232
abysmal melee.

Kill them with extreme prejudice. None will run due to no fear.
>>
>>25289
Fine kill them, but we need to inslave someone.
>>
>>25324
Not goblins. They'd fug everything up. Even the simplest of tasks.
>>
Dorin had grown tired of the tiny creatures insolence and so decided the swiftest punishment he could, crushing them. He raised a great black hand and brought it smashing down on the nearest goblins, barely feeling their soft bodies burst beneath its crushing weight. Next he turned his attention to the particularly brave, or extraordinary stupid as Dorin viewed it, goblin climbing his leg. Grabbing the dimuntitive creature by the scruff of it's jerkin Dorin threw the snarling creature as hard as he could into the cliff side, a small stain appeared near the top of the cliffs to mark his accuracy. The remaining goblins, 7 by his count, seemed unaffected by the brutalized corpses of their friends and continued to fling rocks and sand at the golem king. Irritated Dorin grabbed the nearest three and crushed them in his palms, taking a morbid pleasure in watching their intestines burst from their mouths. The last 4 finally began to understand the severity of the situation and attempted to run between his legs, much as the others they met the same 2 dimensional fate. Standing up to ensure that none had survived his royal sentence he spied none left alive or even in a single piece.

A) Do something about the goblin paste
B) Follow the goblin's tracks
C) Other

Resources

Research:

>>
>>25352
B
>>
>>25352
c) concentrate on cliff plan, ask rune mage what he thinks about goblin action
>>
>>25352
Go to the rune mage to give him a new research task then follow the tracks
>>
>>25352
See nothing to worry about. 24 feet golems, i tell you.

>C) Look around for goblin loot. Maybe they have something useful from previous 'raids'.
>>
>>25352
C. Other. Call someone down to tell them what happened, and then follow the tracks. Have someone accompany us and everyone else remain to protect our rune mage. Goblins breed fast so it'll be best if we deal with this early
>>
>>25352
Goblins will end up being a pest to the settlement, call reinforcements and start an plan for the Goblin Genocide of [CURRENT ERA]
>>
>>25384
Follow them and go look for their camp.
>If just you can kill 15 all 5 can take out a camp
>>
>>25384
>>25393
No reinforcements for goblin nest?
>>
sound like we are rat catching
>>
>>25424
24 ft golem vs unorganized band of terrible fighters. Call reinforcements for the rune mage though
>>
>>
>>25460
Exceptional breeding. Could easily number into hundreds
>>
>>25471
True that, voting for >>25409
>>
>>25483
could be some useful shit they've looted at their camp. gogogo
>>
>>25409
This has my vote
>>
>>25352
We're at mana cap let's craft another mana storage
>>
>>25526
It'll be there after a meeting
>>
>>25547
Yah sorry I meant I agree with reinforcements
>>
Dorin decided that the goblins could easily become quite the pests if left unchecked and seeing how easily he had dispatched them, should prove no issue for a few of his golems. He turned and saw that the two golems who had been foraging had heard the commotion and were heading his way the Rune-Mage close behind. Dorin informed his subjects of the recent events, pointing to the dark stains amidst the sands to emphasize his story. The other golems did not seem surprised that someone had tried to steal their resources but they were impressed that Dorin had killed them all alone.

A) Research something
B) Refine raw material
C) Follow the Goblins tracks
D) Other

from now on please include the letter option you are voting for, Ex: " D) Climb the mountain", this makes it easier for me to tally votes

Resources

Materials: 40 units of stone, 150 units of mana rich ore, 85 units of sandstone, 60 units of granite, 125 units of limestone, 1 goblin heart

Research:

>>
>>25630
A) mining tech, then grab the golems guarding the tunnel and C) follow the tracks
>>
>>25630
Follow Goblin track with reinforcements, but do not leave your resources alone please...
>>
I'll be back in a bit boys. Good goblin hunting!
>>
>>25662
>A) Research mining tech and war tech.
If we're going to raid we need armor and weapons.
>>
>>25630
A) research mingin tech
>>
>>25662
acktaully +1 here
>>
Dorin asked the Rune-Mage to begin researching mining equipment in an effort to get his cliffside relocation plan into action, the elderly mage nodded and headed off to the lab, glad to be doing some work again. Turning to the other golems Dorin asked that they remain behind and guard the camp while he and the others were gone, two sets of green flashes told Dorin that his orders were well understood. With great strides Dorin made his way to the tunnel entrance and explained the situation to the guards, their bright red flashes showed him that they were eager to be doing something. With great strides the three golems began to follow the tiny tracks, hammers in hand. After a short while Dorin realized that the sands had swallowed the rest of the trail.

A) Give up and turn back ( East)
B) Head North
C) Head west
D) Head South
E)Other

Resources

Materials: 40 units of stone, 150 units of mana rich ore, 85 units of sandstone, 60 units of granite, 125 units of limestone, 1 Goblin heart

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 15 turns

>>
>>25877
Can we get a map of where we are and where the tracks were before we lost them
>>
File: Mana wastes.png (88KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Mana wastes.png
88KB, 1152x648px
>>25900
>>
>>25945
Head south, keep a eye out for anything interesting for future tracing/exploring.
>>
>>25877
Let's go southwest
>thanks for the map
>>
>>25877
Southwest but leave someone to keep an eye on your resources...
>>
>>25877
A) fuck running around the insect infested desert lets go home and get our shit together
>>
Myself, I think we should go towards the water. There's always life near water.
>>
>>26008
yeah, like friggin basilisks.
We've been there. Lots of acid.
>>
File: Mana wastes.png (89KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Mana wastes.png
89KB, 1152x648px
Dorin decided it would be best to continue southwest and the others agreed, goblins weren't particularly intelligent creatures from what Dorin knew, he couldn't imagine thme having taken a very complex route to his encampment. Continuing on they found nothing of note besides a few insect tunnels that were, thankfully, not currently in use. After a while Dorin could see the road from his vantage on a large dune, a series of small pinpoints of flickering light moving to the North along it. Panning his gaze his eyes caught sight of a small fire not far to the south, there seemed to be many small figures moving around it.

A) Investigate the road
B) Investigate the fire
C) Turn back
D) Other

Resources

Materials: 40 units of stone, 150 units of mana rich ore, 85 units of sandstone, 60 units of granite, 125 units of limestone, 1 Goblin heart

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 14 turns

>>
>>26108
B) Investigate the fire
>>
>>26108
B
>>
>>26108
>B. Investigate the fire
>>
>>26108
Back bitches. I choose B. But stelthfully
>>
>>26162
Stealth?
>ha
>dorin is 25ft tall
>>
>>26176

>B
>>
>>26176
>>26162
>>26158
>>26142
>>26124
>>26108
B)
This might be the whiskey talking but I love you all. This games rules.
>>
Dorin chose to ignore the road for now, they were hunting goblins after all and he did not think them dull enough to travel by the road. Signaling to his stony guards they moved through the shifting sands, the fire gradually becoming more distinct and many more figures emerging into view. Soon they could see at least a hundred of the little creatures, dancing and chanting about their fire. Dorin watched them carefully, trying to gauge their strength, the creatures seemed ill prepared for any type of combat, many of them were actually fighting each other. He was astonished as one fell into the roaring flame only to emerge engulfed in fire while the other goblins fell to the ground laughing.

A) Frontal assault
B) Turn back
C) Attempt diplomacy
D) Other

Resources

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 13 turns

>>
>>26197
Love you too dog
>this game does rule
>alcohol is bad mmK
>>
>>26212
>A. Spare none
>>
>>26212

Diplomacy is out of the question

> D) Find any large enough rocks/boulders and death from above
>>
>>26212
>AttackOnGoblin.exe
>>
>>26212
C let's attempt to create a goblin army
>have the others off to the sides just in case things go wrong
>>
answers locked in 2 minutes

>>26247
i actually lol'd
>>
>>26267
Same
>>
>>26212
A) into D) shock and awe into confronting their shaman
>>
>>26332
erm I meant A into C. Because that's a great idea
>>
>>26197
Whiskey talks quite a bit
>>26212
A) no mercy
>>
Dorin turned to his comrades and flashed the attack symbol, to sharp red pulses. With mighty bellows the stone warriors charged the encampment, with Dorin hot on their heels. The stone behemoths crashed into the throng of celebrating goblins with enough force to blow through a castle wall and the goblins closest to their impacts were sent flying an impressive distance as a result. Dorin opted for a more finessed approach and leapt over the heads of warriors , landing in the goblins fire like a meteor. The impact of his landing sent out a shockwave of flame and force that engulfed the nearby goblins, causing those that survived to scream in agony as their skin burned over broken bones. The two sandstone golems used their hammers to clear goblins as a farmer uses a sickle to reap wheat, the wet splats of flesh against the stone competed with the anguished screams and shrill warcrys of the surviving goblins.

A) Spare none
B) Shock and Awe
C) Other

Resources

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 12 turns

>>
Rolled 6020 (1d10000)

>>26389
Fearless things.
>A) Spare nuns.
>>
>>26389
I'll go for B. Lets see if we can get any useful information out of their leader. If not, kill them.
>>
>>26389
Damn son
A) and start playing "It Ain't Me" on the background
>>
>>26389
>A) Spare none
>>
>>26389
B) for any edge we can work from these gobs. slave labor or treasure or whatever. we still have the option of shreckin em.
>>
3 minutes til answers locked
>>
>>26428
Die motherfuckers by the geto boys would be better
>>
>>26389
No russian [Spoiler]A[Spoiler/]
>>
>>26468
agree. just tryn not kill the gob with the headress and runes on its face n shit
>>
>>26389
Theme music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0
>>
>>26389
>A
>>
>>26491
nah mo like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSSqAF-VdU
>>
Dorin had considered giving some of them a chance at survival but they seemed far too stupid to bother with, so instead he concerned himself with crushing the pesky creatures underfoot. Each mighty stomp claimed the lives of at least 5 goblins, and the ground was soon slick with their blood. Suddenly Dorin was hit with a sudden blast of fire from behind. He stumbled for a moment from the impact, crushing more goblins as he did so, turning to face his attacker he saw a lone goblin dressed differently than the rest. He wore a large headress made of an insects carapace, in it's center pulsed a bright red gem. The goblin waved it's staff and another gout of flame erupted before him, this one however succeeded only in setting alight the goblins infront of him. Dorin capitalized on the shamans misfortune and heaved a handful of burning corpses and sand at the magic wielding creature. He screamed as the molten carpet bombing hit home and was knocked off his feet as a flaming corpse careened into his chest. Dorin stood and surveyed the carnage they had wrought, corpses lay everywhere, most of which were aflame or no longer resembling goblins, those that had survived were quickly being extinguished by his impassive warriors, their thunderous steps squelching on the wet earth.

A) Check for survivors
B) Search the camp
C) Return home
D) Other

Resources

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 11 turns

>>
>>26551
>B) KEkekeehehe.. finally, loot time
>>
>>26551
>B)
>>
>>26551
A) then B) then C)
>>
>>26551
>B. Get anything of value
>>
>>26551
That was awesome.
>>26576
Same
>>
>>26576
Actually vote for this
>>
I've wanted to write a bloodbath for a while, couldn't really get that with bullywugs, so
>Stone giants vs. Illiterate meatbags
was the best option
>>
Dorin aided his hulking constructs in sifting through the devastation for survivors and was pleased to find none breathing, proving his attack had been a resounding success. During their search Dorin found the corpse of the fire shaman and relived the departed pyromaniac of his pulsing red gem. Searching the stores of the camp resulted in quite the hall of raw materials, of which Dorin was sure could be refined into something useful.

A) Take everything you can carry and return home
B) Dispose of the carnage
C) Other

Resources

Materials: 55 units of stone, 155 units of mana rich ore, 90 units of sandstone, 65 units of granite, 130 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 1 units of diamond

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 10 turns

>>
>>26673
A) Let others learn of what we are made of.
>>
>>26673
Just A
>maybe the bugs will eat them and stop bugging us for a while
>pun intended
>>
>>26673
A because I bet something just stole shit from us while we were carpet-bombing goblins
>>
>>26673
A with the swiftness
>>
Dorin and his warriors scooped up as many resources as they could carry and set off on the long trip back to their camp. After a few hours the dome of the Technology lab came into view and the stone giants increased their pace, thankful to be back home. Dorin felt a pang of paranoia, hoping that nothing had gone amiss while he was gone. As they entered camp however his fears were put to rest, all of his golems were alive and well with nothing out of the ordinary to report. Dorin regaled them with his account of the prior battle and showed them their haul of materials, it was modest to be sure but the items were quality and served as a welcome addition to Dorin's growing stockpile.

A) Gather materials
B) Rest
C) Create armaments
D) Other

Resources
Food: 1480 units

Materials: 55 units of stone, 155 units of mana rich ore, 90 units of sandstone, 65 units of granite, 130 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 1 units of diamond

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 10 turns

>>
>>26673
A. Who gives a fuck about cleaning up, let the vultures and insects take care of that. I think our next priority should be getting that new location set up and then increasing our numbers.
>>
>>26759
D. Start working on increasing population with more golems. Also Research mining technology.
>>
>>26759
I would like to say create armaments but I guess it would be better to rest for a while, its been some really active days.

Also how big are the bugs, if they can be a danger for this guys those things must be huge.
>>
File: Golem Upgrades.png (66KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Golem Upgrades.png
66KB, 1152x648px
>>26778
You do not have the necessary materials for producing any golems at the moment.
>>
>>26759
Mining research+ another mana storage
>>
>>26789
>>26803
Tie breaker in 2 minutes

>>26789
If you win, what armaments and how many?
>>
>>26803
Voting for this guy. We don't need rest, we're construts
>>
>>26803
economic victory ftw +1
>>
Dorin once more decided that they were in need of greater materials to grow their numbers, he ordered the warriors back to their posts at the insect tunnel and watched them lumber off, their strides already creating a semi-worn path through the sands. Dorin turned to the Rune-Mage and asked him to construct an additional mana storage, in preparation for future construction. The mage was happy to oblige and set about transmuting it next to the original. Finally Dorin turned to the small golem and set off to gather materials together. They made several trips, returning just as the sun began to set, both satisfied with the work they had done. The cliff side now had a sizeable hole in it's base where the golems had been digging.

A) Construct a golem
B) Gather materials
C) Create armaments
D) Other

Resources

Materials: 270 units of stone, 265 units of mana rich ore, 180 units of sandstone, 115 units of granite, 190 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 1 units of diamond

Mana: 385/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 8 turns

>>
edit: the time of day is "Dusk"
>>
>>26882
sorry what type of golems do we have resources for?
>>
>>26882
A) Add a new member to the family
>>
>>26901
see
>>16868
>>
>>26895
Ill update this image once we refine materials for new golems>>16868
>>
>>26917
desire for a mountain golem so bad
>>
>>26942
Hmm those can carry colonies of gollems, should we abort the cliff fort and focus on making one?
>>
Dorin sought out the Rune-Mage and cheerfully signaled that they had reached enough resources to construct a sandstone golem. The Rune-Mage seemed equally pleased and set about gathering the materials and placed them inside a summoning circle. The mage's runes glowed brightly and mana began to arc from the storage unit to his body, and from his fingertips to the summoning circle. As Dorin watched in amazement the circle began to glow and the energy slowly seeped into the material at its center. He had never seen a golem construction before and wished to stay and watch, but he had other duties to attend to.

A) Gather materials
B) Patrol
C) Check collapsed tunnel
D) Other

Resources

Population: 4 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+1 Sandstone Construct (5 turns)

Materials: 270 units of stone, 165 units of mana rich ore, 130 units of sandstone, 115 units of granite, 190 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 1 units of diamond

Mana: 0/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 7 turns

>>
>>27001
A
>>
>>26971
uhhhhh yeah I'm super into that idea. develop a little mining base with our cliffside homies and make a mobile tank fort!
We need the numbers on how many days and upgrades a mountain golem will cost
>>
>>27022
But make sure the rune-mage is protected while he summons a new gollem
>>
>>27001
A)
>>
>>27038
Golems suffer from the passive "Ethereal Apathy" also remember that these golems are smashing rocks with their fists and carrying it back in their arms. They are not very efficient at this.>>16868
is the cost of golems
>>
Dorin was excited to see the production of another construct and was eager to begin producing more. Gathering the juvenile golem the two set back off to the cliffside and worked tirelessly throughout the night. During their last trip to the cliffs Dorin heard a strange scraping of stone. His eyes darted skyward and he saw a massive crack forming in the stone above him, he flashed a warning to the juvenile as the rock split from its base and fell.

A roll of 50 or greater is required to dodge
A roll of 40<49 results in a partial dodge
A roll of 39< results catastrophically

Resources

Population: 4 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+1 Sandstone Construct (5 turns)

Materials: 380 units of stone, 275 units of mana rich ore, 200 units of sandstone, 215 units of granite, 2200 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 1 units of diamond

Mana: 50/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 6 turns

>>
>>27087
Use 1 100 sided dice
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>27087
Roll
>>
>>27098
I don't know how to roll. Whatchall use?
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>27099
do you need a second roll?
>>
>>27127
Check the sticky
>>
The small golem just barely managed to avoid the falling debris as he stumbled away from the cliff. Dorin surveyed the damage done, the falling rock had sealed a good portion of the hole their gathering had done, setting back Dorin's plans for a cliffside encampment by a bit. He sent the small golem back to the camp for rest while he carried back what materials he could.

A) Patrol
B) Check on collapsed tunnel
C) Other

This will be my last post for the night, I'll try to have another thread (or post in this one) up by 10 or 11 am California time. Regardless I'll let you guys know regardless on my twitter if I am or not. Thanks for being in my story guys!https://twitter.com/QMSaurn

Resources

Population: 4 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+1 Sandstone Construct (4 turns)

Materials: 380 units of stone, 275 units of mana rich ore, 200 units of sandstone, 215 units of granite, 2200 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 1 units of diamond

Mana: 100/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 5 turns

>>
>>27154
B
>good night everyone
>>
>>27173
agreement, see what that mountainside had inside it
>>
>>27173
>B
>>
>>27154
B
>>
>>27154
B
>>
File: 1357948254666.jpg (4MB, 3230x2259px) Image search: [Google]
1357948254666.jpg
4MB, 3230x2259px
>>
Saurn tweeted that he won't be running a civ today :(
>>
>>30096
saaad daaay hopefully dorins ok
>>
>>30096
Shame. Looked forward to lurking.
>>
I'm gonna keep bumpin this thread
>that will keep it from autosaging right?
>>
File: overcharged_golem_270x310.jpg (24KB, 270x310px) Image search: [Google]
overcharged_golem_270x310.jpg
24KB, 270x310px
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>16448
kill me
>>
>>37717
Kill you?
>>
File: view.png (447KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
view.png
447KB, 900x1000px
>>
>>
Rolled 921 (1d1000)

>>37738
kill him
>>
>>39322
Dose dubs
dat roll

I've used up all the luck in my life
>>
Homunculus, city ruins
>>
>>40053
Thread is already going. what even man
>>
>>42634
Let it go man, he ain't coming back, we should start a new one for the time being.
>>
>>43750
https://twitter.com/QMSaurn/status/727183566619037696
>>
>>43791
Oh well, I guess we will wait.
>>
Bumpin
>>
bumpin
>>
I'll be ready to QM in about a half hour, thanks for being patient guys, I'm sorry real life gets in the way of fun stuff.
>>
OK everyone I'm back. Not sure if there is any interest in the thread any more but I'm ready to QM for you guys.
>>
>>46540
Do it
>>
I'm still here
>>
Dorin felt it would be wise to check the status of the collapsed tunnel and ascertain just how much of a setback it had truly caused. He trudged back to the mountainside and surveyed the damage. The rockslide had buried most of the opening but it didn't take long for Dorin to pull aside most of the rock. Soon Dorin had cleared a good chunk of the debris and found himself deeper in the mountain than before, a good 15 feet or so! It seemed the force of the cave in shattered the rock wall to reveal a hollow section. He surveyed the abnormally smooth walls and noted the glowing veins of mana rich ore. This was quite the find and he was excited to exploit it.

A) Gather materials
B) Patrol'
C) Check on insect tunnel
D) Other

Resources

Population: 4 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+1 Sandstone Construct (3 turns)

Mana: 150/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 4 turns

>>
>>46624
B) patrol, have the two other golems gather the materials
>>
>>46705
Constructs*
>>
>>46624
D
>look for anything else that may be of interest in the new area
>>
>>46705
Answer locked in 2 minutes

Not sure if there are any lurkers but as long as someone is interested I'll keep the story going
>>
Dorin made his way back to the camp and ordered the two idle golems to gather materials from the newly opened mine. Wordlessly the stone hulks lumbered off, uncaring about the days of backbreaking labor they had already performed. Dorin watched them off before beginning his patrol, he passed the Rune-Mage, kneeling in meditation before the new golem, and took a moment to appreciate it's magnificence. The golem was slowly coming together and amidst the bright blue light, Dorin could make out the body and legs forming, bits of rock begin morphed and molding into the whole form as he watched. Eventually he tore himself away from the sight and continued his vigilance, being sure to inspect every aspect of the camp as he did so. He made his way to the insect tunnel and was pleased to see that his constructs had reinforced the entrance with even more stone and sand, using their massive bodies to pound it flat. The warriors noticed his arrival and flashed him a salute, which he returned in kind. He asked them where they were getting the rocks from, to which they responded that they had been appearing a few hundred feet to the North West.

A) Investigate the rock appearences
B) Continue patrol
C) Other

Resources

Population: 4 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+1 Sandstone Construct (2 turns)

Materials: 520 units of stone, 475 units of mana rich ore, 280 units of sandstone, 295 units of granite, 310 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 4 units of diamond

Mana: 200/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 3 turns

>>
>>46885
B
>>
File: images (5).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>
File: phyrexian-hulk.jpg (309KB, 800x604px) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian-hulk.jpg
309KB, 800x604px
>>
>>
>>
Dorin elected to ignore the teleporting rocks for now, preferring instead to focus on keeping his vulnerable Rune-Mage safe from harm. He bid the stoic guardians farewell and continued his patrol, hoping it would be uneventful. He acted as sentry until deep into the night, noting that the harvesting golems had returned half a dozen times during his watch. He was sure to have amassed quite a haul by now and was giddy with the thought of erecting a fortress, or an army, or any of the plethora of items his Rune-Mage could transmute for them. As he rounded out another lap about the camp a brilliant light streaked across the sky before landing with a mighty explosion some distance to the East.

A) Investigate the explosion
B) Continue patrol
C) Other

Resources
Time:Late Night

Population: 4 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+1 Sandstone Construct (1 turns)

Materials: 580 units of stone, 675 units of mana rich ore, 350 units of sandstone, 375 units of granite, 362 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 5 units of diamond

Mana: 150/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 2 turns

>>
>>47111
A
>>
>>47111
A)
>>
Dorin wanted to stay and patrol his encampment, but his curiosity for the explosion was too great. He bounded towards the still glowing patch of sky as fast as his massive legs could carry him. He knew the explosion could have been seen for miles and that it was imperative he reach it before anyone else. He sprinted over the large sand dunes and barreled through columns of stone like an unstoppable black juggernaut. Finally he reached the the point of impact...it was a crater, a massive one at that, spanning nearly 200 feet in all directions. The sand within the caldera has been burned to glass that glittered in the radiant light. He tried to focus on the object at the center, the source of this pale blue light, but the intensity of the energy stung even his stone eyes.

A) Investigate the crater
B) Return with reinforcements
C) Retreat
D) Other

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin

Materials: 780 units of stone, 875 units of mana rich ore, 450 units of sandstone, 455 units of granite, 422 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 5 units of diamond

Mana: 200/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research: Mining technology Level 1: 1 turns

>>
>>47309
A
>>
Dorin knew time was of the essence, he could almost feel enemies pressing closer with every second he waited. Sure he could contend with a group of armored humans, or an entire contingent of goblins, but if the stories of basilisks were to be believed...he stood no chance. He carefully stepped down onto the slope, the fine layers of glass cracking beneath his great weight. Slowly he made his way down to the center of the crater, the energy was intense here, Dorin could not feel pain, but he felt his core pulse harder and faster than it ever had before. His temperature rose and the runes across his body glowed bright with mana. He strained his eyes against the harsh light and could just make out the meteorite hidden inside. It was large, easily the size of Dorin himself and wider around than his arms could grasp. The surface was strangely smooth and the black rock was riddled with flecks of blue and white.

A) Take a piece of the rock
B) Take the whole thing
C) Retreat
D) Other

Resources
Food: 1460 units

Materials: 980 units of stone, 935 units of mana rich ore, 480 units of sandstone, 555 units of granite, 622 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 10 units of diamond

Mana: 250/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research:

Upgrades: Stone Armaments Level 1, Mining Technology Level 1

>>
>>47467
B
>>
Is anyone lurking? Remember the thread is better when everyone participates!
>>
Dorin felt he could life the massive stone and wrapped his arms as far around it as he could and burying his fingers within the hard surface. With a mighty heave the golem king lifted with all his might, the glass beneath him shattering.

A roll of 75 or greater is required to lift the stone

Resources

Materials: 1080 units of stone, 1035 units of mana rich ore, 565 units of sandstone, 625 units of granite, 682 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 10 units of diamond

Mana: 300/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research:

>>
use 1 100 sided die
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>47637
Roll
>>
Dorin strained and fought against the immense weight of the stone, his stone arms felt as though they would snap and he ceased his endeavor as a spiderweb of cracks formed on his arm. He took a step back from the massive stone and examined his arm, the damage was minimal and would repair itself in time. Though he couldn't help but be impressed at such density, he had torn entire castles to rubble centuries ago. As Dorin pondered his scenario he heard the sounds of approaching feet, multiple sets at that. Some skittered, some marched, others padded almost silently across the great sands,

A) Defend the stone
B) Retreat
C) Other
Resources

Materials: 1180 units of stone, 1155 units of mana rich ore, 625 units of sandstone, 685 units of granite, 712 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 10 units of diamond

Mana: 350/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research:

>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>47734
Hmm not sure, I'll let fate decide

>odd is A
>even is take biggest piece you can and run
>>
>>47794
agreed
>>
Dorin knew he couldn't fight all the things he was hearing heading his way and so decided on the most tactically sound, and perhaps least kingly, course of action. He grabbed the biggest chunk he could tear off with one hand and bolted out of the caldera. His great steps thundered across the glass basin, causing a cacophony of thuds and glass shattering. The glass ground served to Dorin's benefit, allowing him to gain more of a foothold as it splintered than the sand ever could. Soon he reached the mouth of the basin and heaved himself over it, continuing his mad dash towards camp, looking behind him he saw dozens of torches being overun by the chittering, shiny mass of multi-legged monsters. As he ran the sounds of screaming and screeching slowly died out, leaving only his thunderous footsteps to fill the void. He made it back to camp with a sandstorm at his back, glowing stone in hand. The other golems looked at him strangely but knew better than to abandon their posts to question their king and so returned to their duties as he passed.

A) Consult the Rune-Mage
B) Hide the stone
C) Greet the new golem
D) Other

Materials: 1380 units of stone, 1255 units of mana rich ore, 735 units of sandstone, 985 units of granite, 832 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 10 units of diamond

Mana: 400/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research:

>>
>>47895
whoops, left name on for other quest.

A.) Consult rune mage about meteor we found.
>>
>>47918
This
>can we get a map of where and how big the crater is?
>>
>>47929
sure map incoming
>>
File: Mana wastes.png (91KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Mana wastes.png
91KB, 1152x648px
>>
Dorin was sure the Rune-Mage knew more than he about the mysterious stone and so sought him out. He found him instructing the newly made golem near the technology lab and turned when he heard Dorin approaching. The two golems blinked their salutations as Dorin brandished the stone, explaining what had happened to the mage. The Mage was intrigued and asked to take the stone, a request that Dorin happily obliged. As the stone tocuhed the aging golems slender hands a surge of energy engulfed him and his rune lines shone brightly, as the energy rushed through the mage's body it found a home in the mana crystals about his neck, filling them all to a bright blue. The Rune-Mage was stupefied at the power he had felt and confirmed to Dorin that such a stone was a rare find indeed, and perhaps the most powerful relic available in this forsaken desert.

A) Refine the meteorite
B) Tell the Rune-Mage to dispose of it
C) Other

Materials: 1380 units of stone, 1255 units of mana rich ore, 735 units of sandstone, 985 units of granite, 832 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 10 units of diamond, 10 units of meteorite

Mana: 650/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Research:

>>
>>47986
Refine that shit, we need every advantage we can get out here.
>>
File: Golem Upgrades.png (73KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Golem Upgrades.png
73KB, 1152x648px
>>
>>47986
Can we refine it and also try to learn something from it?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>47986
A.refine the metal to understand it more.
>Send as many as you can to mine the call meteor.
>>48014
>Upgrade the Golems carrying capacity
>>
Dorin asked the enraptured Rune-Mage if he could refine such a powerful material and was greeted with an enthusiastic nod, claiming that with enough material he could make a golem that would be a battalion unto itself. Dorin sent him off on his task, asking that he return immediately once he had finished. Turning to the new golem, Dorin welcomed him to their growing kingdom with a bright flash of his runes.

A) Patrol
B) Scout
C) Craft something
D) Other

Materials: 1580 units of stone, 1355 units of mana rich ore, 835 units of sandstone, 1085 units of granite, 892 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 12 units of diamond, 10 units of meteorite

Research: Refining Meteorite (1 turns)

>>
>>48027
You currently cannot produce rock golems, thus the carrying capacity upgrade would provide no benefit.
>>
>>48036
Spend a turn making some stone armor, we should go back with more soldiers and see if we can get more of the meteor.
>>
>>48036
I say we take all of our golems to scavenge the meteor and leave the rune mage and 2 sandstone golems to guard the supplies
>>
>>48036
Then I pick Pick ax, tunnel support or stone sword.
>Roll for D. Go back to harvest more the mana rich meteor.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>48069
>>
>>48075
You dont have to roll, decisions are decided based on number of votes.
>>48069
>>48064
>>48047
I'm currently updating the building requirements for golems, to be easier to read and fit more information. Sorry for the delay
>>
The thought of the rest of the meteor falling into hands other than his own bothered Dorin. With a loud bellow he summoned his subjects and imparted unto them his new orders. He selected two medium sized golems and bid them guard the camp and Rune-Mage, the rest he told to equip themselves with hammers and set off towards the meteorite. A unanimous flash of runic light told him his orders were understood and soon he was marching a battalion back towards the crater. It was slow going, constructs were not known for their speed, and his sandstone golems were no exception. After an hour of marching through the desolate sands they reached the edge of the caldera once more. Dorin could see the path he had taken out of the crater in his haste, as well as those taken by others in theirs. 15 sets of various tracks by his count, he was glad to have fled when he did. The meteorite still glowed, but farm more faintly now, the scavenging atempts by the various creatures had taken more than half of its mass, but what remained was certainly a more than enough for a golem. At least that's what Dorin concluded as he sent his subjects to take as much as they could carry. Soon each golem held a sizeable chunk on its shoulder and a stone hammer in the other. Dorin surveyed the area one more time, ensuring they had missed nothing, when he was content he shouldered his own burden and began the long march back to camp. When they arrived it was late afternoon and the guards had nothing to report, other than the Rune-Mage having practically burst with excitement within his lab.

A) Consult the Rune-Mage
B) Craft something
C) Scout an area
D) Other

Resources
Food: 1430 units
Time: Late Afternoon

Materials: 1580 units of stone, 1355 units of mana rich ore, 835 units of sandstone, 1085 units of granite, 892 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 12 units of diamond, 210 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
Updated golem resource list incoming
>>
>>48200
>>48208
I'm waiting for the list to vote.
>>
File: Golem resource requirements.png (43KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
43KB, 1152x648px
>>48244
sorry its incoming, paint is a bitch to edit and 4chan wont accept notepad docs
>>
File: Golem resource requirements.png (43KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
43KB, 1152x648px
>>
>>48266
Might be easier to throw together a pastebin for these lists.
>>
>>48200
What can we do with the ore?
>A.Consult the Rune-Mage
Make a a normal stone golem in the mean time?
(If not Limestone golem.)
>>
>>48266
>>48200
I'm voting to create a granite golem and have it began rune mage training
>I'm pretty sure you can use drive and pdf's
>>
>>48288
By normal stone golem do you mean a sandstone golem?
>>48289
Granite or Limestone?

also next post will be incoming, editing the research tree.

Ill consider making a pastebin, I felt bad having to make people read so damn much
>>
File: download (14).jpg (10KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
10KB, 267x189px
>>48270
Can we make some kind of drones/small golems to be scouts and do more intricate work?
>>
>>48314
No, make a limestone one
>>
>>48319
That would require the refinement of different materials, although such golems can be outfitted with the carrying capacity upgrade
>>
Voting for limestone golem.
>>
>>48319
I really wanna do this
>>
>>48360
>>48319
Sorry was editing the document, finished now.

if thats your vote, what material would you like to refine?
>>
>>48380
Some of the of the meteors but leave enough to make one construct out of it.
>>
>>48392
You have already refined the meteorite

refinement does not use any of the resource
>>
http://pastebin.com/u/QMSaurn

here is a link to the pastebin with updated resource requirements and research tree
>>
File: 584_phyrexianwalker.jpg (222KB, 620x497px) Image search: [Google]
584_phyrexianwalker.jpg
222KB, 620x497px
>>48402
I think he means to make them with
>>
>>48402
Oh lol well then build lab for the limestone golem then.
>>
Dorin made his way through the excited rabble and entered the tech lab, where he found the Rune-Mage almost shaking with excitement. The mage informed hi that they could create a powerful new golem as well as additional structures with the new resource. Dorin was pleased to hear this and instructed that the elderly mage transmute a new limestone golem and train it as a Rune-Mage. The slender golem nodded in agreement, understanding the importance of more Rune-Mages. He did raise the concern that he did not have the required stored mana, but could harvest some from some samples of the meteorite, but the process would destroy the samples used,

A) Allow him to use the samples (-10 meteorite)
B) Forbid him from using the samples

Resources

Materials: 1580 units of stone, 1355 units of mana rich ore, 835 units of sandstone, 1085 units of granite, 892 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 12 units of diamond, 210 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
>>48447
A
>>
>>48447
A
>>
>>48447
>A.
>>
Dorin saw no reason to not sacrifice a small portion of the sample to expedite the process of a new Rune-Mage and gave the frail golem the go ahead. The mage flashed a bright green thank you and set off to assemble the materials he required.
Dorin watched him scurry off before exiting the laboratory, he knew some other settlements had aquired pieces of the meteor, but he also knew how much needed to be done around camp.

A) Craft something
B) Gather resources
C) Scout an area
D) Other

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (12 turns)

Materials: 1580 units of stone, 1240 units of mana rich ore, 835 units of sandstone, 1085 units of granite, 857 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 12 units of diamond, 210 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
File: IMAG0275.jpg (724KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0275.jpg
724KB, 1520x2688px
Also here is a crude sketch (my own) of Dorin, for those of you who care to see it
>>
>>48513
Way cool
>>48506
I'd like to make some scout-type units I mentioned earlier
>>
And my wife's (much better ) rendition. If anybody in the thread fancies themselves an artist feel free to post your own images of what the holes look like to you, itd be nice to have a standard.
>>
>>48527
Thanls!

Those units require you to refine a specific material at the tech lab
>>
>>48513
Fucking neat dude. I dig the stone crown.
>>48527
I second this
>>
>>48539
Ok I'd like to work on the cliff fort for now then
>>
I'll be wrapping up the thread in about a half hour (11:30 my time) I will try to have another thread/continue this thread at around 2-3 p.m (California time) tomorrow, regardless I will post updates on my twitter

https://twitter.com/QMSaurn
>>
>>
File: rock_snakes_by_either_art.jpg (60KB, 900x444px) Image search: [Google]
rock_snakes_by_either_art.jpg
60KB, 900x444px
>>48506
Could we refine the insect carapaces?

Because I really think we should refine the insect carapaces and get scouts.

And also Pokémon.
>>
Dorin felt that they could make some headway with his cliffside fortress thanks to their new mining schematics although he required the tools still. He gathered 2 sandstone constructs and set about making pickaxes and support struts for themselves. After doing so they returned to the newly opened mine and began chipping away, their new tools speeding things along greatly, soon they had made a decent amount of progress into the mountainside.

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (12 turns)

Materials: 1554 units of stone, 1240 units of mana rich ore, 835 units of sandstone, 1085 units of granite, 857 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 12 units of diamond, 210 units of meteorite

Tools: 1 Technology Lab, 5 stone hammers, 3 pickaxes

Research:

>>
File: Mana wastes.png (92KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Mana wastes.png
92KB, 1152x648px
A) Continue digging
B) Refine materials
C)Scout
D) Other

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (11 turns)

Materials: 1554 units of stone, 1240 units of mana rich ore, 835 units of sandstone, 1085 units of granite, 857 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 12 units of diamond, 210 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
>>48616
Can we refine
>mana rich ore
>diamond
>sandstone
>insect carapace
>>
>>48616
>B.
Insect carapaces. Let's see what it yields.
>>
>>48626
sandstone and mana rich ore cannot be refined
>>
>>48637
Ok then can we just do the other two + stone or limestone if refinable
>>
Dorin wondered if anything could be made from the insects carapce they had acquired from the goblins camp, he didn't dare disturb the Rune-Mage for fear of disrupting the transmutaion and instead opted to simply test the material himself. It only took him a few brief moments to understand the labs refinement process and set the sample to be examined by the machine. All that was left now was to wait.

A) Craft something
B)Patrol
C) Other

Resources
Food: 1420 units

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (10 turns)

Materials: 1644 units of stone, 1360 units of mana rich ore, 1035 units of sandstone, 1285 units of granite, 935 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 15 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
>>48662
B) patrol, maybe find some new stuff
>>
Golem resources requirements and research tree have been updated
>>
>>48662
>B.

As soon as we have the mana, we should set up an altar to ensure a quickly accumulating amount of it.
>>
>>48712
This
>>
Dorin thought it would be best to patrol for the time being, he could construct no more units until his Rune-Mage was finished and he felt no desire to return to the mine. Setting out on his rounds he noticed a few insect scouts a couple hundred feet to the west, but they were heading away from camp. For now he chose to ignore them. As he neared the northern area of camp he heard the all to familiar sound of stone scraping stone. Fearing the worst he rushed over the hill to see what the commotion was about. Three insects had breached through the sealed tunnel and were fighting his guards. It was clear that the guards were on the losing end of the battle.

A) Help them
B) Call for reinforcements
C) Ignore
D) Other

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (10 turns)

Materials: 1844 units of stone, 1460 units of mana rich ore, 1075 units of sandstone, 1340 units of granite, 1035 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 15 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
That was my last post of the night, I'll see all you guys tomorrow either here or in another thread. So long as interest is present the story of Dorin shall continue. Thanks for being in my story! Have a good night.
>>
>>48719
>A.
We'd risk drawing the attention of the scouts if we bellow.

>>48723
Likewise, buddy. Take care until next time.
>>
>>48719
A
>good night everyone
>>
>>16448

>>48642
>>>48642
>>48642
>>>48642

Come Play my Multi-Civ Quest, we play with 2 races to start, and will add more races as the game progresses, I have a map and I update it, we play with dice, and the game is purely for fun
>>
File: 20160502_234620.jpg (991KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160502_234620.jpg
991KB, 2560x1536px
Here's my idea of the first rune mage, though i dont think of the actual runes I drew on himto always be there but he makes them appear over is smooth (mostly he's getting old) armor
>>
I will be ready to QM in about 15 mins
>>
>>53366
Awesome!
>>
Alright guys I'm here, lets do this!
>>
>>53494
>A.Go help them!
>>
Dorin thundered towards his comrades , seeking to aid them against their attackers. The insects turned to face the new threat, and one was immediately felled by a heavy blow to the head. One of the insects lunged at Dorin, its sharp mandibles snapping shut mere inches from his waist. He grabbed at the shiny pincers and wrenched them apart, separating them from their host. Using the large incisors as makeshift daggers the golem king and his warriors made swift work of the remaining scout. Quickly leaving it a perforated bleeding mess.

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (9 turns)

Materials: 1844 units of stone, 1460 units of mana rich ore, 1075 units of sandstone, 1340 units of granite, 1035 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 15 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Tools: 1 Technology Lab, 5 stone hammers, 2 Insect mandibles

Research:

>>
My apologies, i deleted the options by mistake

A) Harvest Remains
B) Barricade the hole
C) Other
>>
>>53706
A then B
>>
Dorin was glad they had escaped the battle unscathed and surveyed his warrior golems. They bore a few new scratches and chips, but nothing serious or out of the ordinary. The king was relieved and congratulated his subjects on a battle well fought, instructing them to strip the bodies of what materials they could and barricade the hole once more. The threat of the insects was a troubling one and Dorin set himself deep in thought as he absentmindedly tore the carcasses to pieces. The addition of a new Limestone golem would allow for Rune-Mage training and greatly boost the productivity of his colony. At the same time however, the insects seemed to be zeroing in on his location and he knew his people did not have the strength to fight their army.

A) Craft something
B) Check on the mine
C) Scout
D) Other

Resources
Food: 1390 units

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (8 turns)

Materials: 1244 units of stone, 1260 units of mana rich ore, 1175 units of sandstone, 1440 units of granite, 1075 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 17 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
>>53830
Move the mage to the mine where it'll be easier to defend while the new golem is being crafted.
>Start crafting weapons and armory for the now looming battle to come.
>>
>>53830
D)
>start 'hivemind' research
>began refining diamonds if the insect carapace is done being refined
>>
>>53869
Moving the mage during the transmutation ritual runs a great risk of the transmutation failing or disastrous results
>>
>>53869
>>53881
>>
>>53881
Sure.
>>
Dorin finished stripping the remaining carcass and ordered his warriors to heave the remains a good distance away, hoping that the insects brethren would not pick up on the scent just yet. The black golem made his way back down to camp, intent on trying his hand at refinement and research. Stepping into the large dome once more he saw that he could only perform one task at a time, and so reasoned that refinement took the least amount of time. He fetched a large diamond from the treasury and placed it within the magical machine. He would return once it had finished.

A) Patrol
B) Scout
C) Other

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (8 turns)

Materials: 1444 units of stone, 1360 units of mana rich ore, 1275 units of sandstone, 1480 units of granite, 1275 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 65 units of insect carapace, 17 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Research: refining diamond (1 turns)

>>
>>53990
Did the insect carapace finish refining?
>Also A
>>
>>53990
C.Start building what weapons you can.
We need something to defend our selfs other than hammers.
>>
>>54023
yes it has been done for a few turns now, refinement only takes 1 turn
>>
>>54059
Ok cool, also, does it take a rune mage to do research
>>
http://pastebin.com/48ghQBPh

updated lists
>>
>>54094
Dorin is able to conduct research but currently no other mage possesses the necessary intelligence to do so, Dorin is also unusable when researching (We would skip X turns)
>>
>>54133
Eh, no just patrol for the night.
>>
>>53990
>A.
>>
Dorin felt it would be best to patrol the surrounding area and scout fro threats, the research could wait. He sensed an attack was imminent and this time it wouldn't be a few young scouts or workers. He feared his people were ill equipped to deal with even 5 warriors, let alone the hundreds that were crawling beneath these treacherous sands. As the sun began to peek out over the shifting horizon Dorin could see the silhouettes of over a dozen insects moving to the North, towards the road. He was unsure of the location of the main hive, but he imagined it was near the roadway, so as to allow easy access for ambushes and raids on passing traders. He took a moment to envy the insects and their burrowing skills before continuing his patrol, thankful that it was uneventful.

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (7 turns)

Materials: 1644 units of stone, 1560 units of mana rich ore, 1575 units of sandstone, 1580 units of granite, 1325 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 65 units of insect carapace, 20 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
>>54210
Is the limestone golem done being made?
>>
>>54210
Build pheromone traps along with stone swords and armor.
> 1 Diamond Ax for Dorin. (With a pick on the back.)
>>
>>54290
He'll be finished in 7 turns, his status is listed in the population section
>>
>>54297
You don't have the necessary knowledge to build gemstone weapons
>>
>>54309
Sorry didn't see that
>>54297
I think this is a good idea
>>
>>54316
Shit, well just make it all of stone then.
>Or any better metal we have?
>>
>>54330
You could research metalurgy to learn how to make rudimentary metal constructions, however you would still require metals
>>
>>54334
Does mana rich ore not count?
>>
>>54334
Alright, well after the battle our first priority to go find better ways to use and refine new ores.
>But now, pheromone traps, Stone swords and armor
>>
>>54347
Its essentially a power source, required in the construction of magic/magic imbued items. Think of like wiring required to run the mana that powers it.
>>
>>54354
how many of each?
>>
>>54357
So we can't just smelt it and use it as normal metal?
>not that we have a forge
>>
>>54374
You could but it's properties as a main amterial would likely be poorer than stone. It's like using copper instead of iron
>>
>>54361
Well for the Swords and armor enough for anyone who can fight and I guess making as many traps you can.(10?)
>>
>>54378
Ok good to know
>>
>>54210
Congrats on being the only civ thread ive enjoyed on QST
I have been lurking since you started
BUT
No more
I vote that we not try and fight a swarm after seeing what the bugs can do we should leave and head to the cliff its already started we should be able to make it big enough for everyone to fit in soon or atleast our rune mage and some guards.
>>
Dorin knew the importance of being prepared and so set himself to outfitting all his golems with arms and armor. He fashioned each sword, shield, and suit of armor with care, ensuring there were no cracks or deviations that would reduce the effectiveness of his troops or jeopardize their safety. After the armaments he busied himself with constructing a few pheromone traps to set up around the perimeter of the camp, careful not to the arm them before they were placed. He piled the weapons and armor near the center of camp, intending to hand them out at a later time. He hefted his traps and set out to bury them in places he deemed strategically advantageous. He traveled far from camp, knowing that these traps would attract the insects in droves, he wanted to reduce their numbers, not fight them in the open. As he armed the last trap he came to the realization that he had neglected to forge a sword for himself. With an apathetic shrug he concluded that the insect mandibles would be more than suitable as weapons for him and resolved to build sheaths for them when he returned.

A) Check on the mine
B) Arm the golems (this will reduce the effectiveness of the gathering constructs)
C) Scout
D) Other

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (7 turns)

Materials: 1700 units of stone, 1580 units of mana rich ore, 1595 units of sandstone, 1780 units of granite, 1425 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 20 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Tools: 1 Technology Lab, 5 stone hammers, 2 Insect mandibles, 10 pheromone traps (deployed and active)

Research:

>>
>>54410
Thanks man glad to see youre participating!
>>
>>54440
>A Check the mine
hollow out a cave as soon as possible
>>
>>54478
answer locked in 2 minutes
>>
File: Mana wastes.png (90KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Mana wastes.png
90KB, 1152x648px
updated map
>>
>>54440
What is the insects weakness?
> research fire bombs
>>
Dorin wished to check on the status of the mine and after fashioning himself a rudimentary belt to holster his makeshift daggers, he followed the sounds of mining tot he south east. When he arrived at the mountain he was pleased to see how much progress had been made. His two golems had managed to carve out a tunnel at least 75 feet straight into the mountain, discovering a few hollow sections on either side as they had dug. Dorin walked through the tunnel, remarking that he could stand erect here with a few feet to spare. He surveyed the walls, they were a rich mix of various stones, and had the ever present lines of mana rich ore flowing through them like streams. His steps echoed like thunderclaps as he journeyed to the end of the mine, the scrape of stone was almost deafening in here and he was sure it would be intolerable to non-constructs. If that were to be a blessing or a curse he was not sure yet.

A) Keep mining
B) Fortify this position
C) Other

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (5 turns)

Materials: 1800 units of stone, 1650 units of mana rich ore, 1645 units of sandstone, 1925 units of granite, 1555 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 20 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Tools: 1 Technology Lab, 5 stone hammers, 2 Insect mandibles, 10 pheromone traps (deployed and active)

Research:

>>
>>54532
Fire bombs might be possible, however the golems currently do not posses such technology. Refine more materials
>>
>>54577
The scraping is a good thing to know as is the echoes we wont be able to be snuck up on we should hollow out a main chamber
>>
Dorin instructed his golems to cease mining operations for a time and begin hollowing out one of the chambers. He pointed to one towards the center of the mine and the sadnstone hulks obliged his command. Soon they had set up support struts about the hollow and were busy expanding it. For the few hours that Dorin helped, they were able to expand the hollow into a veritable cavern. Easily 75 feet wide and 40 feet high, as far as Dorin could reach. The cavern was spacious, and the veins of mana rich ore provided a cool blue light but Dorin worried about the Rune-Mage and the structures they had erected. In time they could change their base, but it was not today.

A) Continue expanding the cavern
B) Resume Mining
C Scout
D) Other

Resources
Food: 1320 units

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (4 turns)

Materials: 1770 units of stone, 1650 units of mana rich ore, 1645 units of sandstone, 1925 units of granite, 1555 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 20 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Research:

>>
>>54677
Are the insects attacking the mine or town?
>>
>>54677
Refine the fire ruby
>>
>>54763
They haven't launched any form of designated attack yet, we have only encountered their scouts
>>
Dorin instructed the golems to rest for the time being and await new orders. He was acknowledged with twin flashes of green light as he made his way out of the mine, the sunset a riot of color as it set across the horizon. He decided to refine the fire ruby he had plundered off the goblin pyromaniac's corpse. After sifting through the resource pile and bringing it to the technology lab, he needed only to wait for the

A) Scout
B) Distribute weaponry
C) Other

Resources
Food: 1310 units

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (4 turns)

Materials: 1770 units of stone, 1650 units of mana rich ore, 1645 units of sandstone, 1925 units of granite, 1555 units of limestone, 5 Goblin heart, 1 Fire Ruby, 15 units of insect carapace, 20 units of diamond, 200 units of meteorite

Research: Fire Ruby refinement: 1 turn

Abilities: With some technological advancement form-shifting will be possible.process to complete.
>>
paste bin lists updated
>>
I'm not sure if anyone is here anymore, has the thread died?
>>
>>55162
I just got home from work, if you're still up for it.
B.) Distribute weaponry, they may attack in numbers at any time.
>>
>>55222
I dont mind continuing the thread, but perhaps we should bump until mroe interest (hopefully) surfaces? also nice trips
>>
>>55222
I vote for this as well.
>>
Dorin knew that the insects could launch an actual assault at any time, and so busied himself distributing the weapons he made to his golems. His constructs seemed pleased as they donned the simple stone armor and hefted their new weapons. As Dorin equipped the soldiers guarding the insect tunnel an explosion roared in the distance. It was one of the pheromone traps, the bright blue explosion sending a plume of sand high into the desert sky. Dorin was thankful it was dark, else the cloud could be seen for miles.

A) Investigate the trap
B) Ignore it
C) Other

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (1 turns)

Tools: 1 Technology Lab, 5 stone hammers,6 stone swords, 6 sets of stone armor, 6 stone shields, 2 Insect mandibles, 9 pheromone traps (deployed and active)

Research: Fire Ruby refinement: 1 turn

Abilities: With some technological advancement form-shifting will be possible.process to complete.
>>
A.) Investigate the trap, to make sure of its efficacy.
>>
>>55346
A. investigate but be careful to not lure them back if we're found
>>
>>55346
A
>>
Dorin told his constructs to stand guard as he went to check on the trap. He had built each one to the mage's exact specifications but was unsure just how well they had performed. As he trotted across the desert the sounds of skittering feet reached his ears and he did his best to move stealthily. Using the lack of moonlight as cover he peered over a sand dune to witness the havoc his trap had caused. A small indent was made in the sand and the surrounding area was soaked in a dark green ichor. Well over 20 insects lay blasted to pieces with dozens more twitching as they died. The beasts must have swarmed over the trap when it was tripped. Dorin was disgusted by these beings and silently wished more had been claimed in the explosion. Through the bodies a few insects skittered, occasionally dragging one of the lesser injured into the tunnel they had created. They had made that tunnel fast...it wasn't there when Dorin had placed the traps earlier today. As he watched in amazement another tunnel opened up not far from him, and a particularly large insect warrior emerged from the opening. It's antennae twitched and it swung its massive jaws to face Dorin.

Roll 65 or greater to avoid being seen
Roll 64<50 to only attract the warrior
Roll 49< ends in catastrophe

Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (Rune-Mage training 1 turn)

Tools: 1 Technology Lab, 5 stone hammers,6 stone swords, 6 sets of stone armor, 6 stone shields, 2 Insect mandibles, 9 pheromone traps (deployed and active)

Research:

>>
>>55577
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>55577
whoops
>>
>>55628
ruh roh
>>
The insect let out a loud shriek that grated in Dorin's head as it charged. Soon it was followed by another 4 and then another 3. Dorin counted 3 scouts and 5 warriors, he knew he could handle them 1 by 1 but all of them? He looked back towards camp and knew his people would incur casualties if he brought his horde their way. The insects skittered ever closer and Dorin was running out of time.

A) Stand and Fight
B) Retreat to the camp
C) Run into the desert
D) Other
Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+1 Rune Mage+ Dorin+ Limestone golem (Rune-Mage training 1 turn)

Research:

>>
>>55663
C) We can't leave our tribe leaderless, but we also can't risk losing our rune-mage, either. He can perform both if he needs to, but we can't perform magic like he can. Into the desert, try to find a better place to fight, or outrun if possible.
>>
>>55701
agreed, if possible towards the other traps
>>
Rage filled the golem king as he chose to flee. It was cowardly, it was unlike him, but it was his only reasonable option. He tore away from the oncoming assault and bolted into the dessert, his massive feet carving tremendous footprints in the loose sand. Despite all the speed he could muster, this was not his terrain and the wave of death behind him drew closer with every step. He turned and made a dash to where he thought the next trap lay, intending to thing their ranks if only just a little. he leapt over the trip wire and turned to face his attackers on the other side. The armoured legion wasn't far behind and their clciking footsteps grew louder with each passing moment. Soon they had found him and rushed forward to attack. The lead warrior hit the tripwire and was engulfed in the ensuing explosion along with his 3 nearest compatriots. Dorin had no time to be pleased with his ingenuity, this was a pheromone trap and he could hear more insects burrowing beneath his feet. It was too late for him to run as the ground bottomed out from his feet and a pair of massive jaws surged around his waist.

Roll 50 or greater to escape unscathed
Roll 49<30 to escape with minor injuries
Roll 30< ends in catastrophe
Resources

Population: 5 Sandstone Constructs+2 Rune Mage+ Dorin

Mana: 100/650 , 2 Mana storage.

Tools: 1 Technology Lab, 5 stone hammers,6 stone swords, 6 sets of stone armor, 6 stone shields, 2 Insect mandibles, 8 pheromone traps (deployed and active)

Research:

>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>55759
>>
>>55770
godammit
>>
>>55770
Im sorry guys...... My roll was a failure....
>>
>>55781
Dont blame yourself anon. its okay.
>>
The jaws snapped shut around his waist and crushed what would have been his ribs. Spiderwebs of cracks arced all across his body as the warrior drove him face first into the ground. Soon he was covered by a writhing mass of armored, biting, bodies. He fought as hard as he could, grabbing the nearest and crushing its head in his hand, only to have the wrist snatched by another creature. He fought to his feet. He was Dorin, king of all constructs, his will was law, his fist was divine, it would not end here. With the last of his strength he shook off those that clung to him. His body was chipped and cracked and his weapons were gone. With a furious bellow the doomed king charged into the fray, pummeling the first worker he found and decapitating it. His runes shown red as he tore through a warrior, using its carcass as a shield against the unyielding tide. Soon he was no longer standing on sand but bodies, inches upon inches of corpses that crunched beneath his feet. His runes began to dim, he was overloading his core, he had been working endlessly since he had awoken and his power was waning. More creatures skittered from their holes and engulfed him.

A roll of 60 or higher will save Dorin
use 1 100 sided dice

Good luck anons
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>55841
>>
>>55848
my god man
>>
>>55848
welp
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>55848
pls op
>>
He could summon no more strength, the writhing bodies drove him to his knees once more and tore through his stony body. The runes that had shone so brightly on the golem king faded into a dim glow. Dorin pondered for a moment, the energy to fuel rage and will completely spent. He was angry at himself, but felt no pang of hatred, he felt sadness at his failure as a king, but the heaviness of his stone heart was not felt. Dorin could faintly hear the scraping of stone as his core was torn from his body and shattered. So ending the rule of Dorin, Last King of Constructs.
>>
>>55848
such is life, the tribe will survive without us.
>>
The golems lumbered as fast as they could carry themselves, the sound of explosions and combat had aroused the entire tribe. The first warriros broke over the dune as their kings core was torn out and his stiff form crumbled to dust. With a mighty bellow they charged into the fray, crashing into the arena of corpses Dorin had created around him. They fought with a rage unknown to constructs. They were simple creatures, and were not imbued with the capacity for complex emotion. But they had loved their king, his will was what had bid them persist for so long. With all the fury of the earth the sandstone golems attacked, and attacked, their stone weapons shattering against the bodies of their enemies. The elderly Rune-Mage watched the battle from above, he was of no use here, he possessed neither the strength of for or magic to harm these beasts.

A) Order a retreat
Roll of 75 or higher to be successful
B) Avenge your king
Roll of 80 or greater to be successful
>>
>>55941
somebody else roll
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>55941
A.) Order a retreat, live to fight another day
>>
File: 1424818505283.png (66KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
1424818505283.png
66KB, 247x200px
>>55978
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>55978
B.Avenge the king!
>>
The elderly mage bellowed as loudly as his magic would allow him, but alas it was of no use. Over the din of combat and the zeal of his golems, even he could barely hear himself. The warriors fought, discarding broken weapons for fists and one by one they were torn apart. The mage looked down at his falling friends before wading into the battle himself. The golems felt no pain, but the horde of insects was truly unending and they feared no mountain of corpses if it meant destroying their enemies. One by one the remaining golems fell, their cores torn from their chests and splintered across the sands. The last Golem fought over the crumbled corpses of his comrades, bellowing with each swing of his mighty arms. It was a wail never heard before by a construct, a sound made only by a being that knew it was the last of its kind. The wail shook the heavens and carried across the endless wastes and so the last construct fell, turned to dust beside the bodies of his brothers and king.
>>
>>56020
>>56025
I was too late...
>>
So ends the story of Dorin and his constructs. Would you guys like to make another thread?
>>
>>56025
So i kinda fucked us.... But I do hope you make another civ and i can be a better part of it this was a damn good one while it lasted
>>
>>56042
Yeah...
>GG Dorin, you where a big guy too
>>
>>56042
I think this is the first time a civ quest has ever ended, even if it was bad end. I'm totally down for another.
>>
>>56042
yes pls.
>>
>>56057
I was in a few that ended on tg one in particular lasted like 14 threads. and in the 14th thread disease whiped out our frost ogres. It was a sad day RIP Slowqm
>>
I'll make another. I must admit I was starting to like Dorin, really was hoping you guys didnt kill him, but alas such is the way of the world. As a sort of unofficial rule to the next thread, dont vote constructs again. I'd like to lay my characters to rest.
>>
>>56085
Yes please. Also dont let them con you into demons. Its unplayable and always turns into fetish porn. Faun are only a little better then demons
>>
>>56085
are you going to link to the thread in this one?
>>
>>56140
>>
>>56140
Thread posts: 606
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.