[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multiplayer Civilization Builder Games General /mcbg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1495822760531.png (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495822760531.png
43KB, 800x600px
This is a thread created for the "discussion" of civ evo threads, defined as multiplayer games where you progress a player civilization through the course of time. I figure a general will be helpful for those who are looking for feedback, advice, or spitballing ideas for a good civ evo.

Examples:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=tribevo
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1506542/

Current:
Fantasy >>1586714
Apocalypse >>1593113
This thing >>1580467

Discord: https://discord.gg/dmAjxJY

> Players
What sort of settings would you like to play in?
> QMs
Do you have a planned ending for the quest?
>>
>>1593965
I think Oracle had a great idea with the Greek city state Civ. Cooperation was encouraged, each city state felt fleshed out and unique and there were always multiple choices with the events. Prospective Multi-player civs should look at that for ideas
>>
Kill all ducks.
>>
>>1593979
yeah, is he gonna continue that qst? Thought he was gonna end it with muh Persians
>>
Heres his qst for the curious
Greek Civ Qst >>1582504
>>
>>1593987
He has to take a hiatus due to exams. Original players will get contacted first over discord
>>
>>1593965
I think a low-Fantasy Civ game with basic races would be fun. Elves, orcs, Goblins, Humans, Dwarves, etc. Keep magic as simplified as possible and don't make it too easy for the players. Fuck then over occasionally, throw in some powerful NPC factions to fight or ally against
>>
Somebody should make a steampunk civ qst

Im not sure what it would entail, but I think its be a cool setting.
>>
I used to play a lot of civ threads, but the dudes I played with stopped and the QMs disappeared, I love CYOA civs and have been thinking about running them, I always have tons of cool ideas for settings and whatnot, but I don't know how to put words to the ideas, and I'm not very good at improvising...

Anyone have any advice for me on how to get started or some tips or something?
>>
>>1600266
Get an idea of what you're going to do and how it'll work before you start. When I've done them in the past, nothing saps enthusiasm like getting to a big problem that you have no idea how to deal with and all the players screeching at each other and you about the solution. So yeah, have a plan, write it down. Know what mechanics you're using, have a few ideas of where to take the plot (if appropriate to the style of game), have a couple of emergency back up plans.

If things do go wrong anyway and you need to change the rules you've set, do so firmly and in one go. Say 'that way wasn't working so this is how it is now' rather than 'it's not quite working, what do you guys think I should do?', because the latter will lead to a mess.
>>
>>1600266
Civ threads biggest problem is discontinuity. Nobody ends it, or they leave before they do. The most important thing is to stick to a schedule or have enough time to update. I know I'm still trying to do that now.
>>
>>1593965
Apoc is dead
>>
Should add this
>>1598510
>>
>>1600557
>>1600748
Thanks guys
>>
If you're going to be making a multiplayer civ quest you need two things
An interesting premise
A good ruleset. The rules have to be broad enough to allow flexibility but be simple enough to be easily understood.

You can always revise and clarify rules as you go.

Also a pretty map apparently.
>>
>>1600770
RIP.

>>1593965
>This thing >>1580467
Multi-Civ Game is also dead.
>>
>>1606012
A very pretty map ;^)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.