[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's over #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

Previous thread >>1517924

>Yes
>>
>>1547585
After an arduous trek through the woods you come across the largest treehouse you've ever seen. It has 7 stories and the first one starts 50 meters off the ground. Another tree has fallen unnaturally into the side of the treehouse creating an opening on the 5th floor that you could get to by shimmying up the fallen tree but there is also a rickety rope ladder that leads to a hatch in the first floor. You also have some rope if you want to use that to climb.

>use fallen tree
>use ladder
>use rope
>Other
>>
>>1547589
>use ladder
Do we gotta roll for ladder success?
>>
>>1547650
Nope, writing.
>>
>>1547650
You ascend the old ladder to the hatch. It's locked but you melt the lock and open the hatch. The first floor room seems to be a living room with wooden seats around a table. There are paintings on the wall but not much else so you move onto the next hatch. The second floor is a kitchen with a counter to cut food, a small stone fireplace to cook food, and some dinning ware such as pots, pans, knifes, and plates all on racks. There are two drawers. The first drawer is full of dirt that was probably food once. When you open the second drawer you are greeted by a dozen of inch high mushroom creatures and a face full of dank air. Most mushrooms run around the room absentmindedly but a few climb the ladder to the third hatch and wait.
>>
>>1547759
>>
>>1547764
>go up
I have no idea what they want. Test if they can speak.
>>
>>1547776
Roll 2d100 vs 40 and 70
>>
Rolled 16, 82 = 98 (2d100)

>>1547794
Ok
>>
>>1547796
"Hello?" You call to none of the mushrooms in particular. All of the mushrooms stop and turn to look at you then point at the hatch. You nervously creep over to the hatch, open it and are greeted by a large mass blocking the hatch. You give the mass a poke and it feels spongy. When you poke the mass, two black eyes open suddenly and a white fist knocks through the boards in the floor hitting you full I'm the face knocking you back. As your face begins to swell, a mushroom a bit less than twice your size falls through the broken boards. You regain your wits and shoot a stream of fire at the large mushroom but the mushroom begins a slow march towards you only slightly affected by the fire. Changing your strategy you burn the wooden floor boards beneath the mushroom and they collapse under the weight of the mushroom causing it to fall to the first floor and it's momentum carries it through that as well as it lands with a squish on the forest floor.
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

Flaming dropkick from the hole in the floor.
>>
>>1547835
Mix a white impact bomb and drop it on the mushroom
>>
>>1547847
You set your leg alight and jump through the hole in the floor with a "HIYAAAHHHH!" But it's only after you land in the already squished mushroom and pain shoots up your leg that you think about what a bad idea that was. Luckily the mushroom broke most of your fall. As you grit your teeth, Pyraph lands on your leg and begins to cry on it. Though it doesn't heal your leg completely, your leg feels much better are you are able to walk with minimal pain.

(I did some reading and apparently phoenix' can have healing tears? I decided to keep this trait as Forcas helped create Pyraph and he had healing powers as well.)
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>1547896
That's kind of cool.
Melt it like you did the hellhound and the statue
>>
>>1547922
The leg or the mushroom? because melting your leg is a bad idea and the mushroom died from the fall.
>>
>>1547935
Oh I meant the mushroom
And if it's dead, then we don't have to melt it
>>
>>1547941
Go have Pyraph kill the other small mushrooms?
>>
>>1547941
Then we can
>Climb back up and look for loot, our leg isn't that bad
>Start to head back so Forcas can heal our leg completely
>Get some rest (in the house or on the ground) I'm sure our leg will feel better after a nap
>Other
>>
>>1547946
You send Pyraph up to the tree house to kill the remaining mushrooms, he returns with two, one that he swallows and the other which he gives to you.
>>
>>1547962
>"Thanks"
Save it for later
Go back up to look for loot
>>
>>1547972
"Thanks." You say to Pyraph and he puffs out his chest. You half-walk half-limp back to the rope ladder and ascend up into the third floor which is full of tiny, burnt mushroom corpses. Among the corpses are swords, knifes, shields, axes, Warhammer, and maces which adorn the wall, there is some chain and plate armour on models around the room and in the center is a broken glass display case with a revolver and a hand cannon in it.
>>
>>1548001
Can we bring it all with us?
>>
>>1548034
We can bring one to three weapons with us if we want depending on the size. We could only bring one Warhammer but we could theoretically bring both guns and a knife if we wanted to. Also the guns come with some ammo. There's a bunch of weapons so if you want a certain design then you can specify.
>>
>>1548041
Bring the revolver, as much ammo as we can, and a sword and/or shield. If we can't carry both the sword and the shield, carry the revolver and the shield. After that, we can make multiple trips to get it all maybe
>>
File: 13752210_3.jpg (54KB, 1200x625px) Image search: [Google]
13752210_3.jpg
54KB, 1200x625px
>>1548059
You pick up the revolver and pocket it, it's silver with six barrels and six bullets already in the chamber. You throw three handfuls of bullets into your backpack and put a dozen in your coat pocket you put on a leather holster and holster the gun. Then you pick out an all iron round shield from the wall and strap it to your wrist. You try to pick a sword as well bet the weight is too much for your leg.

>Go up a floor
>Head back to Forcas. You'll have to walk in the dark a bit but it won't be a problem
>Sleep (specify where)
>Other

That's it for tonight, see you guys tomorrow 8pm.
>>
>>1548082
>sleep in the treehouse
>>
>>1548082
Shit guys, I'm sorry. I took an hour long nap and woke up a few hours later. I'll try to get on early tomorrow to make up.
>>
>>1550934
It's just about what passes for night here so you decide to go to sleep on the bottom floor of the tree house. You are in a laboratory with an important looking desk covered with retorts, petri dishes and test tubes. You are wearing a mask made of leather and glass with a pouch by the mouth to hold a rag that smells of alcohol. You wake up on the couch of the treehouses first floor.

>Explore the treehouse
>Go to Forcas' to heal your leg
>Explore deeper into the woods
>Other
>>
>>1553651
>Go to Forcas' to heal your leg
>>
>>1553712
You decide to head back to Forcas' to heal your leg and get back to the cave uneventfully. Forcas is making stew when you get return "Ah, welcome back. Find anything interesting?" Forcas asks. You empty your backpack on the floor displaying the revolver, bullets, and the shield as well as the dead small mushroom. "Can you heal my leg, a bigger one of these" you hold up the mushroom "broke it." which is technically the truth in a way. "Sure thing" Forcas replies and gets to work healing your leg "though you should either eat the mushroom or throw it away before it spoils. Let me put it in the stew." You hand him the mushroom and he tosses it in the stew.

>Go hunting
>Explore the treehouse some more
>Explore somewhere else (specify)
>Chat with Forcas (specify)
>Other
>>
>>1553746
Ask Forcas why the mushroom is a person
>>
>>1553821
"Why does the mushroom have a uh, person face?" "Hell if I know, why do you have a mushroom face?"
>>
>>1553835
Hahaha
Explore the treehouse some more
>>
>>1553877
You walk back to the treehouse and climb up to the 4th, 5th, 6th , and 7th floors. The 4th floor appears to be a bedroom with a large bed and a nightstand. The 5th is a small library with about 13 books but shelves for much more. The 6th room is a washroom with a shower pipe that presumably connects to a rainwater resovor. The top floor is open with short wicker walls and a roof that lets you see around the forest. There's also some bridges to platforms on other trees but not much else.
>>
>>1553918
Look at the books/read the titles
I have a thirst for knowledge
>>
>>1553969
You sample a few books from the shelves
>"The Dark Ones Quest: a Tale of Horror and Redemption"
>"Tying Knots: a Beginner's Guide"
>"Invictus: a True Story"
>"A Newborns Manuel on Killing and Thieving From Peaches"
>"The Shanae: Holy Text"
>>
>>1553993
>>1553993
Take all the books
They might me hiding useful information
>>
>>1554011
Oh yeah and take a shower
>>
>>1554014
You shower on the 6th floor, not having bathed for a while. You let the water run for a while to glean out any gunk then wash yourself in the cold water then you dry yourself with your heat aura. You take the remaining books filling your backpack. Two more are fantasy books, there's also a mystery book. There are two more self help books about learning herbs and learning archery. There are two more books about religion "The Great Sickness" and "The God of the Cleansing Pool" the final book is old and unreadable so you leave it.
>>
>>1554071
Look in the nightstand
>>
>>1554078
You look in the nightstand and find a small pocket sized notebook and a pencil "A Guide to Sexual Intercouse With Succubi" is written on the cover, you close the drawer and try not to think about it.
>>
>>1554091
Grab an axe and head back to Forcas' cave
>>
>>1554093
You grab a medium sized war axe from the 3rd floor and head back to Forcas'. When you unload the books Forcas' face lights up "do you mind if I grab a few of theses?" He asks "I haven't read a good book in months seeing as how most paper burns up here if left alone." "Take whatever you want." You say and he takes all the fantasy books, the mystery book, Invictus, and "The Great Sickness". "You can do whatever you want with the rest, I know them already." Forcas says "Isn't it strange how there are religious texts here if this is the afterlife?" You ask him and he replies "not at all, this is more of a waiting room for an afterlife than the afterlife itself, no one knows what comes after unless they die or go back and die. I'm not much of a religious man myself but it's interesting reading the texts to see how the people here think."
>>
>>1554128
Read "Tying knots"
I wonder if it has more than just normal knots
>>
>>1554153
You pick up tying Knots and open it. All the pages but the one on how to tie a noose are ripped out "funny story" Forcas begins "the grey people threw that book up to me like that, they really didn't like me but never made the effort to come up the tree to get me."
>>
>>1554179
Read "killing and thieving from peaches"
What are peaches and why are we killing and thieving from them?
>>
>>1554189
You pick up "Killing and Thieving From Peaches" "That's another book from the greys, picked it up when one of them.was walking by and dropped it." Forcas says. You open the book to the first page: "So, you want to steal? You want to be a wayward vagabond and fight for your people? Well hold on to your rump for a second and this book will teach you how to properly steal, kill, torture, and survive on your own." Then there is an index
"Chapter 1: pickpocketing, cutting purses and burglary
Chapter 2: killing, vitals, and dangers
Chapter 3: extracting information from the unwilling
Chapter 4: peaches and you
Chapter 5: heading out"
You open to chapter 4 and read the first lines "When confronting foreigners, it is important to note that they all hate us and will stab us in the back any chance they get. Peaches hate us for being so much greater at everything than them and it is this hate and feeling of self unimportance that keeps them from not killing themselves. Without us the peaches would die so one should always remind them of this. The peaches, however are often stupid and self destructive and will often lash out at you for reminding them of their sad existence so one must always tread carefully and run fast."
>>
>>1554244
I'm guessing we're peaches, then. Read "The Shanae"
>>
>>1554262
You open "The Shanae"
"All living being are flawed, the are born by mortals and are born mortals all through the flesh. This makes them far from the earth Mother and for this they will be punished. But one must not slaghter the sinners for this and must only kill them when necessary or convenient. One may gloat and reign but if a war is ever initiated by our people the peaches will fight with trickery and cruelty attempting to destroy the seed of the earth Mother."
>>
>>1554298
That's pretty violent
Are the grey people the spawn of the earth?
>>
I'm on.
>>1554452
They are.
>>
>>1557683
For clarification, I'm the op, I'm just using a different wifi right now and I'm waiting for input.
>>
>>1557683
So a couple things:
1) How does 'leveling up' our skills work? I remember that skill tree you made, but how do/what are the ways we can get better at and increase our bonus chance (like the +5 chance on magic from memories) of succeeding at a given skill activity?
2) Is it possible that the world extends past the map that you drew earlier? Is it possible that this world is infinite?
3) You might want to (if you haven't already) use memories and such to create a story/a deeper plot-purpose-goal-thing for our main character to do at some point when we are ready to go outside for longer periods of time than what basically amounts to quick scouting missions
Anyway, that's just some stuff to clarify and think about, sorry if it comes off as rude or blunt, I just had some feedback for you
Read "Learning herbs" and then go to sleep, then to the Northeastern question mark area you drew on your map
>>
>>1558220
A few things. First, you're not coming off as rude at all, you're giving me your opinion and feedback on the quest and since this is only my first quest I desperately need that.
Then answering your questions
1)right now I'm freehanding most of our rolls, I think about our powers and I put a roll that I think accurately depicts what chance we have against what we're doing. I've been thinking about making a skill sheet for our characters and having actual rolls but its my first time doing anything like this so it's a bit imposing but I can do it or even restart the quest and do that if you guys want. I've been thinking about making our skills like the op of "gaurdsman quest" has been doing if any of you follow that and would like it.

2)the world does expand infinitely and I kind of make it up as I go along.

3)I am using the memories to create a deeper plot but like everything else I only have planned a loose outline of were things are going. If any of you are writers, how far ahead should I plan my quest?

Once again, thanks for the feedback
>>
>>1558270
I'm almost always afraid I'm sounding rude when I can't actually hear myself speaking :(
Thanks for responding :)
I haven't checked out guardsman quest but I will now to see what you're talking about
I don't think you need to restart the quest
I'm not really a writer but I think that since this kind of thing is choice-driven you can't plan too far ahead because somebody could try and 'derail the future' (But that's just my paranoia showing, there are most likely ways to make all possible paths have a desired/pre-determined ending)

Oh yeah, you might have missed these actions in my wall of text earlier, sorry:
>Read "Learning herbs" and then go to sleep, then to the Northeastern question mark area you drew on your map
>>
>>1558384
On and writing. I'm also going to try to have a character sheet ready within the next hour or two that we can use for rolling.
>>
>>1558384
You read a couple entries from "Learning Herbs"
"The water lotus, which can be found growing around the pools located on the smaller islands, has a flower which ranges in color from white to yellow to pink and often is a combination of these. It is renowned for it's pain relieving effects when consumed as well as it's ability to erase recent memories. When large amounts are consumed, the flowers can wipe a mind to a child like state and if further consumed, a vegetative state is achieved."
"The Lost Caps are a genus of mushroom that posses the extraordinary ability to mobilize on hands and legs, many species exist but all share the common characteristics of legs, a face, and the apparent capability of thought. Some of the smarter species develop arms and hands though none are smart enough for speech. Though most are harmless, if left alone for extended periods of time in a damp space with rot the Lost Caps will root themselves and grow to large sizes with varying changes to complexion."
After the reading you decide to drift off to sleep.

Cont.
>>
>>1561877
You are alone, except for the rats. They claw, gnaw, and scratch at the glass as they have been doing for hours. They don't stop except when they sleep but you can't blame them for that. It's natural for living things to want to be free, to return to where one once was. The alcoholic vapors of the mask feel choking. When you wake up you decide to explore the unknown areas on the map, you pack some food, your tooth knife, your suitcase and a book (specify which in next reply) and set off towards the north east with Pyraph. Eventually you see a village in the distance, you can go through it and meet the people there or take a route around it, both paths are roughly the same length.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>1561951
Rolling for which book
1 is "Killing and Thieving From Peaches"
2 is "Learning Herbs"
3 is "The God of the Cleansing Pool"
We should go around the village for now, we might go through it in our way back
>>
File: r601374_3916320.jpg (20KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
r601374_3916320.jpg
20KB, 285x190px
>>1562069
You decide to take the route around the village and continue on to the unexplored area. As you walk the landscape changes with the rocky ground loosing it's darkness to be replaced with a brown and sometimes red color. You lose the light of the lava pools as they fade in the distance leaving you with only the light of the moon and that which you and Pyraph produce. Local fauna appears in the forms of hard shelled crustaceans, and plants that retreat into holes in the ground when you touch them. At one point you see a herd of shelled creatures bigger than you. The main body is a shell with a small dimple with a shelled head inside. The creature has two large claws in the front that it uses to dig up the plants in the ground and four shorter but thicker claws in the back for support. Eventually you come across a gapping hole in the rocky ground but you see some sort of structure in the distance as well.
>>
>>1562217
Go to the structure
>>
>>1562242
You head towards the structure and as you approach you get a better view. The structure is completely made of the same stone the ground is but it has been smoothed. The structure itself consists of two pairs of 8 giant pillars which hold up a roof under the roof is a mansion with an imposing double door entrance. Naturally, you walk up to the door and knock "WHO DARES DISTURB THE SLUMBER OF THE EARTH MOTHER?!" The doors are swung open by a huge stone golem and it bends to look down at you "oh, wait." A smaller but still strong voice peeps out from behind the golem "Sorry for the scare I though you were one of the grey people." A muscular and handsome man bearing the mark of a circle with an arrow coming out of it diagonally. "Names Bruce. Bruce Willchester" the man offers you a large hand in greeting.
>>
>>1562330
The mark is on his bicep, just forgot to write that in
>>
>>1562337
Neat
Shake his hand, he seems friendly
Greet him back
Ask him why he doesn't like the grays
>>
>>1562402
You reach out your hand to return the greeting and Bruce nearly crushes it in his grasp. "I'm Alexander Beels" you return the greeting "what do you have against the gray?" "Clearly you haven't met them yet" Bruce scoffs "they're self entitled little brats, luckily I've managed to keep them away from here by convincing them that this is a holy place for the earth mother which keeps most of them out but some still come here for "enlightenment". They started off as my item, sort of like that suitcase you've got there" he gestures at your suitcase with your mark on it in bronze "but I abandoned them as soon as I learned my gift because they're insufferable to be around and they just sort of made a village. Do come inside, it's always fun to meet new marked"
>>
>>1562452
Spreadsheet done I'll make one for pyraph and then we'll switch the rolling system https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WQGRgpc-zFooYJdpJASlkyWbsV3QcagS_MTcPXcgM5o/edit?usp=drivesdk
>>
>>1562512
That'll be it for tonight, I'll have the spreadsheet for Pyraph when I start writing tommorow.
>>
I won't be running tonight as I'm busy with life stuff, see you guys tomorrow.
>>
File: 1497322386777467773018.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1497322386777467773018.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
>>1565217
Today's quest will start at ~9 as I'm currently in a forest
please don't track this image and kill me or something
>>
>>1567962
Actually, I'm going to take a break for three days to finish up some work, or do you think it'd be better to just kill the quest if no one's following or wants to wait?
>>
>>1568153
I'll wait
>>
>>1568153
I can wait too.
>>
I'm back, Currently we are standing outside of Bruce's door.
>>
>>1580111
We're on page 10, you might want to start a new thread.
>>
>>1580151
Will do.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.