[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BIRTH OF A CIVILIZATION PART III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 18

File: Red-13.gif (45KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-13.gif
45KB, 849x641px
We meet and open up trade with, several Mycenaean City-states, such as Athens, Sparta and especially Corinth.

Due to the trade with them, we manage to get a hold on some of their written knowledge, which seems to be booming, especially in the fields of Mathematics and Philosophy.

Our exchange of Mathematical knowledge greatly benefits both sides, especially ours since the Greeks have a strong focus on Geometry, a sub-set of Mathematics we neglect time and time again.

In addition, we are researching our own domesticated animals for further insight on how they behave, how their bodies function and how they can benefit us in different ways.

This new influx of knowledge forces us to expand our great Library to store all of this additional information in.

Teaching our populace the basics doesn't work anymore, so expand the time for Unwed and Childless Women to stay in school from 1 to 3 years.
Men have to attend for 8 years, in addition, Men gain the opportunity to reach for higher education.
Naturally, this higher education is expensive and barely anyone can afford it, but the few who can are sure to contribute to the Sciences and increase our knowledge of the world.

This Higher education can only be taught in the Great Library of Thumim itself, thus a new building is erected right next to it - the University of Thumim.

Thanks to all this knowledge and our increased variety of tools available, we managed to undertake an enormous project.

We started the construction of an artificial River , flowing out of Lake Achilles into a reservoir in Thumim.

After nearly a decade of construction-work we succeeded in safely extracting water from the Lake without the Reservoir overflowing.
This has caused a boom in the city , and it grows to unimaginable size.

Our Empire, which previously had a rather stable Population of around 1 million People, has more than doubled, due to this project.
There are currently 2.2 million people living in our Empire , more than half of which in our Capital alone.

Meanwhile, our friends the Medes have risen to become quite prominent in the eastern steppes, and word has reached us from the Mycenaeans that a small Kingdom in Italy called Rome, has recently established itself, after defeating, but not conquering, the Etruscans, a tribe of Barbarians we never heard of.

As Italy is way out of our sphere of influence, we decided not to engage with this Kingdom.
As far as we know, Italy has nothing to offer we don't already have, rendering trade pointless.

What are we going to do now?
>>
I know there was a big pro/anti west debate, but I'm voting for sending this letter, and if people support me- so be it:

Our kingdom wishes to offer Sparta military assistance for overthrowing the remaining Greek faction, establishing their power. They shall in return, owe us one favor themselves.

Guy, we can afford a war, and we NEED a guaranteed ally in the west.
>>
>>147085
Nigga why do you insist on shitting on the entire vote we had?
Don't mess with the greeks.
>>
>>147067
Hm, I say we begin expanding a little bit more upwards, to gain a stranglehold on the Mediterranean Sea and Black Sea, It'll help solidify our trade and make us even more valuable trading partners.
>>
>>147085
We don't need an ally, what for? Barbarians from the North? Savages barely know how to read, if even that. We need to make ourselves powerful in the civilized world, via controlling further trade up northward.
>>
>>147094

I support this, maybe see about padding out our borders in the east as well so long as we aren't stepping on any toes.

>>147067
Hey OP who controls Cyprus right now? Is that something we can add to our empire without fucking up the timeline?
>>
>>147112
Yes, Cyprus is free game, I never prevented you guys from taking it, I'm wondering myself why we left it untouched for over 1000 years.
>>
>>147118
Right then I motion we take that then, because holy shit is it in a strategic position for us.
>>
>>147118
Because we are that awkward nerd at high-school who can't talk to women, and Cyprus is that woman.
>>
>>147129
And now we're that awkward anon from /fit/ who is ripped as all hell, but still can't get laid, so we go out and Rape her?
>>
>>147118
I kept saying we should take it but I never got any support. I didn't really get anyone saying we shouldn't take it either though.
>>
>>147132
It's not rape if she likes it.
>>
>>147141
Unless she's a feminist , then it's Rape to even be in her presence.
>>
This new age of knowledge and enlightenment should have the common man question his authority and methods of government no?

Also expand to Cyprus
>>
>>147067
>Geometry, a sub-set of Mathematics we neglect time and time again.
This is OP being passive aggressive.
Focus on advancing our knowledge of geometry.
>>
>>147182
well m8 we gotta suck at SOMETHING.
Even Rome wasn't as fucking Mary Sue as we are right now.

also next update has to wait until I get back.
Sorry guys.
>>
We need a crisis to fuck our shit up.
Plague due to squalor when
>>
>>147093

Sorry OP. I was just throwing around ideas.

You're doing a good job.
>>
>>147067
An artificial river connecting west with east: we can do that!
>>
>>147192
Lets take cyprus and since you think we have roman legionaries FUCK IT lets make legionaries

Make scutums, Lorica segmentata, And legion helmets.
>>
>>147067
Invest in infrastructure, like roads.
Research more astronomy and mathematics into physics.
Search for spices or exotic foods in india, maybe we can use it to trade with the west later?
>>
>>147067
Moving on Cyprus is the obvious choice.

As a side note, don't we control Crete? I specifically remember the defunct former Minoan state inviting us in to rule/protect them.
>>
>>147985
>remember
Haven't found an archive entry... where can I find that?
>>
>>147067
op there a archive for for /qst/
>>
>>148086
>>126819
>>
>>147985
yeah i remember that so why dont we have crete
>>
>>148177
WE do have crete. They begged us to take control after the sea peoples
>>
>>148199
so op fucked up
>>
>>148211
No, when did OP fuck up? We have Crete, it's a fact.

See >>129022
>>
>>148211
everyone is human mate
>>
>>148217
>>147118
>>
>>148223
That's CYPRUS not CRETE. Learn the difference, we've had Crete in our pocket for a long time, but we never bothered to take Cyprus even though we had the perfect opportunity during the Sea People period because people wanted to focus on internal stuff rather than grab land, and then to grap land provinces rather than sea provinces.
>>
>>148223
HOW IS CYPRUS CRETE?
>>
Expand our eastern borders.
>>
Expand north
>>
So uh guys...did you decide yet what you want to do next?
I mean it looks like you wanna go to Cyprus, but I'm not sure if that's right.
>>
>>148433
Go to cyprus

Expand North
>>
>>148433
Capture Cyprus, build an artificial river connecting the west to the east and expand north.

Btw do we have heated baths?
>>
>>148567
we do not, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities, considering our level of technology.

However what is outside our level of technology is an artificial river WITHOUT a passive water-source like a Lake.

We can't even do that kind of shit in modern day, let alone back then.
I mean sure, we can go full retard and try, it's not impossible, just highly improbable.
Problem with this artificial river is, where is it gonna flow from?
We can't just take water from an existing river, that would interrupt and change their flow, rendering previously fertile farmlands , into barren wasteland.

What we COULD attempt however, is building a Channel from Black Sea to Persian Gulf.

Imagine the Suez Canal x100

Of course that is some ridiculous bullshit only an ancient Civilization like ours could come up with, but achieving that could take centuries and will be interrupted by wars.
>>
>>148550
>>148567
Do both
>>
>>148594
>>148550
Do this
>>
>>148433
We want Cyprus, it's about bloody time we introduce them to our civilization.
>>
>>148567
find some hot springs, and bam, heated baths
we onsen now
>>
>>148550
>>148567

Yep this.
>>
>>148594
>Imagine the Suez Canal x100
Hm, sounds so cool. Massive amounts of building materials from anywhere to everywhere by water way. Our king can look at his empire easily. Troop movement, supplies. It's like Egypt, only better and bigger.

And we need multiple-story buildings, heated floors, ornaments everywhere, palace guards that look impressive. Every dignitary that visits us from the barbarians will fall on his knees and swear allegiance immediately.
>>
>>148748
bath culture: teaches those Eastern barbarians on camels what's what.

>>148730
>We want Cyprus, it's about bloody time we introduce them to civilization. (fixed)
We're the Middle Kingdom, anything else is Barbarian country.
>>
>>148567
canals between existing rivers would be more feasible, and we do have the technology for primitive lochs.
>>
>>148902
True, and it doesn't take a hundred years to get it built... little canals seem more useful now.
>>
>>148918
if you make them shallow and wide, we can have 2-way traffic going. We can also have barges be pulled by hippos walking along the bottom or sides. the canals take less time to build, and are more efficient.
>>
I vote for canals
>>
>>148876
Voting for this.
>>
>>148966
How long does it take to travel west-to-east, north-to-south in our empire anyway? Three month, one month, two weeks? River boats probably can't operate at night...

And can our people give money to an organization, get a marker, travel and get the exact amount of money at the travel end by showing the marker? (bank, what the templars and deutschritter did, pay a note)
>>
ok now to reflect on the votes.

You want Canals , conquer Cyprus and expand North , correct?
>>
>>149202
That seems to be the consensus yeah.
>>
>>149202
Yup
>>
>>149202
yes
>>
>>148211
No, what? OP never said we didn't have Crete, I was just clarifying that we did, as nothing had happened regarding it for a while and I wasn't sure. I know other people have said it, but lrn2read/geography, Cyprus and Crete are different places. It's curious that we've controlled Crete for so long but have made no move on Cyprus, given their position, but that's on us not OP. Do you even know where Crete is?

>>149202
Yep
>>
>>149202
Yep
>>
File: 1457754912524.jpg (149KB, 779x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1457754912524.jpg
149KB, 779x1026px
Glory to the empire!
What do you think our aesthetic is?
>>
>>149420
I actually have that pic
:D
>>
File: Soldier.png (26KB, 846x673px) Image search: [Google]
Soldier.png
26KB, 846x673px
>>149420
I can answer that for you.

this is what heavy infantry looks like.
Kinda.
best MSPaint skills EU
if any of you can draw, please put this stuff on a brown person.
>>
>>149445
Implying we arent aryans
>>
>>149445
also wheres the update?
>>
>>149459
let's be real here m8
we're brown, because of the whole middle-east deal
sure, not as brown as arabs, cuz different climate but still.
>>
>>149466
do you know what copy-pasting is?
That's the thing I do to answer shit like this, while I'm writing the updates, so I don't have to rewrite everything when getting interrupted.
>>
>>149469
lets go nicely tanned aryans
>>
File: Red-14.gif (45KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-14.gif
45KB, 849x641px
Our people are experiencing what many consider a Golden Age, and we are making it pretty clear that we - the Center and Home of the Civilized World - are superior to any barbarians out there.

Thus we decided to conquer the island of Cyprus and liberate it from it's Barbarism.
At the same time we also extend our borders North , to the coast of the black-sea.

We create 2 Major port cities on the coast of Cyprus as well as 2 regular ones with minor ports at the coast of the Black Sea.

After that, we decided to put our mettle to the test, when the Enki demanded a Canal between Euphrates and Tigris , that goes straight through Thumim.

He gave the whole project a generous funding and assigned many workers to it, but it still took relatively long despite having almost 40 thousand workers available.

Almost 3 years for the logistics and planning alone.
The construction itself only took about 8 months.

A real marvel of technology , and proof of our Superiority over the Barbarians.

What are our new cities called anyway?
and what are we going to do now?

(semi-big update for people interested in the borders of the Empire - I'll post several pictures showing the current off-screen borders)
>>
File: North.gif (175KB, 1322x972px) Image search: [Google]
North.gif
175KB, 1322x972px
Here we have the 2 new unnamed cities at the black sea.
>>
File: Greece.gif (187KB, 1031x966px) Image search: [Google]
Greece.gif
187KB, 1031x966px
Btw to give you some help on the colour coding I use for cities

Red = Regular city (land-based may or may not have a small port if coastal)

Blue = Port city

Grey = Fortress / Fortress-city (difference is in the name)

Purple = Blue + Grey

Green = Trade-city (usually coastal with Major ports - colony exclusive)
>>
File: Colony-2.gif (141KB, 972x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Colony-2.gif
141KB, 972x1140px
last but not least
a little reminder that we still have some shit in India going on.
>>
>>149501
We should secure the foothold we have in India by expanding to the rest of the Gujarat peninsula.
>>
Well lads, sorry for the uneventful day, but I'm off for the night again.
I'll check in on your decision tomorrow.
>>
>>149501
Korain & Bamil for city names.
I say we explore up through greece a little bit. Solidify the colonies we have, and focus on internal affairs.
>>
>>149555
Yes!
Conquer the land, make the little tribes in India submit and bring them to the light of our Glorious Empire.
Of course, we take the sons of tribal leaders and educate them in our Capital to learn the Right Way and then send them back to govern for us.

>>149577
>Korain & Bamil for city names.
Sounds good.

Additional canal water ways would be nice:
- from Samuha to the river near Fort Kostos (north)
- from the river near Zabar to the sea at Achillea (east)
Those overland passages seem to take a long time.

How does our capital look anyway?
We should have more wealth displayed there: wall paintings that take the artists years to complete, ítems of rare materials from the far corners of the empire, intricate designs of palace gardens, splendor everywhere. And we need parade grounds, to display our glorious armies. Colorful clothes and jewelry are a must too!
>>
File: qstrpbalkans.png (318KB, 1031x966px) Image search: [Google]
qstrpbalkans.png
318KB, 1031x966px
A local noble of Athens is named King after overwhelming support from the peasantry and other nobles in leading the army which defended the city from the northern barbarians

Archon Aesmides rise!
>>
>>149677
wew lad
>>
>>149674
impossible

you realize the Rivers originate inland and not at the ocean right?
If we cut a canal into the beginning of the river, we completely change it's direction and let the previous route dry out completely , we would kill hundreds of thousands.

Additionally for Samuha , it's in the mountains, you can't make a 1-way downhill canal.
They have to be level.

We can't just defy the laws of physics m8.
>>
>>149677
BUILD WALL
>>
>>149674
>>149674
this desu
maybe the romans will hear of this and fuck us in the ass
>>
File: qstrpbalkans.png (551KB, 1031x966px) Image search: [Google]
qstrpbalkans.png
551KB, 1031x966px
>>149803
After the celebration of the victory and the repulsion of the northern barbarians. The Greeks of Athens build a wall around their small peninsula, to stop any further attacks

They dub this wall the Aesmides wall
>>
>>149837
yo, are you sure about this? It's mostly been OP conducting this one empire, I think we have enough going on.
>>
File: qstrpbalkans.png (478KB, 1031x966px) Image search: [Google]
qstrpbalkans.png
478KB, 1031x966px
A few months after Athens announced its king, the cities of Megara and Corinth deemed it best to join the now united Athean nation, deeming it best for Greeks to be united
>>
>>149905
Seems a bit unlikely.
>>
>>149905
Expand to the south
>>
>>149911
'no'
>>
>>149911
yeah
The jews must of taken over
We must invade Israel.
>>
Expand east.

We need to work towards Pakistan.
>>
>>149774
Good explanation!
>>
If I may ask OP, what is going to happen to Persia/Achaemenids? Assyria and Babylonia are no longer conquests for Cyrus and I'm not sure if the Lydians still exist. The Medes haven't arrived yet though but we hold Anatolia and are in general a block for the Persians. Is this quest going to disallow Persia from rising? Or...
>>
>>150435
I think he said that we kind of can be the equivalent of Persia in this timeline, but then with our culture and language and stuff, if we play our cards right.

Here's what I could find in part two >>144777
>>
>>150092

Also OP, sorry to see that you're having a rough time with some players. I totally get what you're trying to do.

Keep the quest going man- we love it.
>>
>>149459
>ancient mesopotamians
>eastern indo-european aryans
pick one

>>149469
We'd be more tan-ish, think somewhere between mediterraneans/greeks and non-aryan central asians. Mesopotamia and Iran went more brown because of mixture with Indic peoples and semitic-speaking proto-Arabs. Curly dark hair, probably fairly hairy, and olive skin. Only fairly recently obtained domestic animals meant to be bread in bulk (things like chickens and pigs), so no average height decrease resulting from poor sanitation, but still less protein than hunter-gatherers, so the average man would definitely be a manlet by our standards, but nothing like the 5'4" average much of europe reached.
>>
>>150435
>I'm not sure if the Lydians still exist
they do

>The Medes haven't arrived yet
Yeah they have, we've known about them since we sent explorers deep into the Iranian plateau. We're fairly good buds with them, actually.

>>150578
Agreed, having a lot of fun with this.
>>
>>150435
Well Cyrus will have to conquer us, and for that we will shortly have to become the equivalent of Neo-Babylon, with the whole conquering the Levant deal, and the whole Babylonian Exile deal with the Jews, or rather the Annunakiminite Exile.

After that we will ave 2 routes to go, either be a good vassal to Persia, or rise in rebellion with our massive population and conquer Persia from the inside.

All of that is only like 300 years away.

In any case tho guys, we still need to decide what we'll do next
>>
>>152881
Hey OP something I've been wondering, is there a limit to what all we can do during a turn? Like an action limit or something?
>>
>>151298
>Nezuruz of Ku'ah
Are there two quests in one thread?

>>152881
So, we get conquered after a long period of peace. Our armies are ornamental and lack training. The Persian barbarians come in, take stuff and land, vassalize us, make us change our religion... and then we rebel, smash them, conquer North Africa, Spain and everything in sight?
>>
>>153234
No we'll just conquer everything Persia owns, when they try to force Zoroastrianism on us.
Also we have to conquer Israel first, and kinda ban Judaism, for it all to work out.
>>
>>152881
Expand north in India.
Send spies into rome.
They can relay info through crete then cyprus and then us
>>
So i think we should just conquer persia

Also>>149674
>>153515
>>
>>153515
>Send spies into rome.
We trade with everyone it seems, so don't we already have "spies"?
Our merchants should know stuff, from irrelevant to pretty important, simply because they have business partners, employ locals.
Real spies might just live places on our dime, which seems a waste...

>>153483
Sounds cool to me. Just smash any religion that isn't ours! Do we need The Inquisition to cleanse the heretics?

What's our religion's name btw?
>>
>>153515
>rome
Also: Rome is a backwater village. Why should The Empire care about some dirt farmers? Just leave them alone, they don't have anything we want.
>>
File: qstrpbalkans.png (321KB, 1031x966px) Image search: [Google]
qstrpbalkans.png
321KB, 1031x966px
>>149905
>>149924

The Athean kingdom expands south and takes the city of Argos without resistance
Now we border the kingdom of Sparta, who will not go down without a fight. Our forces are evenly matched, though the quality of their troops are much better due to their warrior culture
>>
>>153551
If we plant them now.. then no one suspects
>>
>>153234
>Are there two quests in one thread?
How do you mean?
>>
I don't think you guys seem to remember , but we agreed to not fuck with the development of the west.
There will be no interaction with Rome within the Italian peninsula.
>>
>>153736
Cant we have updates from spies. Their plans and
shit. No interfere
>>
>>153760
If they discover them - and they sooner or later will - it might spiral out of control.

Besides, you have wikipedia that's all the updates you need.
>>
>>153770
well played
>>
In any case guys, still need dat decision , something that does not interfere with the Rise of the West restrictions
>>
>>153780
Expand our trade colonies in india
>>
This
>>153526
Without spies
>>
>>153801
We can't do shit to Persia until we become part of them.
>>
>>153790
I second this, maybe we should also set up some ports along the coast of our route.
>>
>>153790
I back this
>>
>>153790
Yes! Our "trade colonies" need menpower: you can't pay your taxes? Get send to India! You're guilty of some crime? India! A noble doesn't like your face? India!

Meanwhile on the mainland: Giant stone statues of past kings and heroes.
>>
Oh an we get dank damascus steel soon :D
>>
File: Colony-3.gif (143KB, 972x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Colony-3.gif
143KB, 972x1140px
We decided to put more emphasis on our Colonies now that we are in such a strong position of power.

Our colonists were eager to expand their territory, considering that their few cities had slowly been overpopulating, this was a great opportunity for them to spread out.

They expanded way past what the Enki intended, but there was no one there for it to bother, so we just went with it.

The Colonists created several new cities to secure the Colony.

A fortress-city to the North, a Trade-city to the west, a Harbor city in the south, a New regular settlement for the less fortunate, and an additional trade-city along a river that originates in Satvant, making it easier for trade caravans to get there.

Additionally, we've had some trouble with Judah, who just recently conquered Israel and invaded Aram-Damascus.
The Enki doesn't know what to make of this, but his Sarerimhas are convinced, that the Jews will attempt something like this again, and that we have to prevent the fall of Damascus and Edom at all costs, as they provide us with cheap Bronze, so cheap in fact it is more profitable for us to buy it there than make it ourselves.

What are all these new colonies called?
And what are we going to do about Judah?
>>
>>154385
Sent a diplomat to Judah threatening military intervention if they don't cease their conquests. If they refuse, stomp their Hebrew skulls in.
If they accept then send them a nice steel shipment, worn by our soldiers, which are not going to be very nice to them.
>>
>>154385
Seba
Orias
Kehmat
>>
>>154419
OY VEY ITS THE GOYIM
>>
>>154385
Convert to Judaism
>>
>>154469
>implying you can just become a jew
>>
>>154469
no
>>
>>154385
We should call one of these colonies Elba, this would fit nicely if we do what >>153979
said, exiling people to our colonies.

Also OP I've got a question about our language, is it written from left to right, the opposite, or up to down? If there's no standard among our people maybe we should set a standard wo we can unfiy the langauge a bit and try to prevent the colonial dialect from drifting to far apart from us.
>>
>>154475
Our particular brand of Sumerian , is written Top to Bottom , Right to Left , in that order.

it's part of the whole River-people mentality.
>>
>>154514
I meant Left to Right, no idea why I mixed that up.
>>
>>154523
Ah oke thank you, it's nice to know these little flavour things.
>>
>>154554
you're welcome m8
>>
come on goys
we still need at least 1 more city name.
and you still didn't decide what to do with Judah
>>
>>154699
what's Judah been up to?
>>
>>154699
Surbaya
>>
>>154710
conquered Israel and tried conquering Aram-Damascus.
>>
>>154699
Lets Let them be..
As soon as they start coming near us we summon the legions

>Rallah city name
>>
>>154720
how important is Damascus I read we get a lot of good steal from them so if Judah's hostile to us that would be bad for us so I'm thinking get Damascus fortified then try and open negotiations with Judah.
>>
>>154737
Damascus and Edom , 2 neighbouring Kingdoms of Judah , export really REALLY cheap Bronze, and incidentally , that's really amazing for our economy , because we use Bronze and Gold as currency, and you can imagine, getting materials for mincing under market value, means we can cheat the economy and pretend our money is more worth than it actually is.
So if we lose our cheap Bronze imports, our little economic bubble is going to pop and we will suffer from the side-effects of inflation.
>>
>>154776
ok in that case we need to send help is it possible to bring them under our hegemon or are they to powerful on their own to do so
>>
>>154791
Judah is pretty strong, especially if you consider our Army hasn't seen a war in 200 years, but we have the sheer number advantage.
As it stands right now , with a population of 2.2 million people, we can Zerg-rush anyone , regardless of how bad our Army is.

Though if you're talking about Damascus and Edom, if we capture them instead of Judah , the economic bubble is still going to pop, because producing Bronze ourselves costs more than importing it from them.
>>
>>154810
We send diplomats to ask if they will join us in a war against judah
>>
>>154724
I feel like this is the best option, we should be wary and set up defenses and build new forts along our border nearest to them.
>>
>>154860
We have no border with Judah
and the closest city we have is Tutankaia.
We have Aram-Damascus as a buffer between us and them, problem is, if that Buffer is gone, so is a big part of our Bronze imports, the effects of which I've already laid out previously.
>>
>>154873
Ah oke, well in that case we should send a diplomat to them like >>154843 said and offer them to support them in a war against Judah.
If they refuse to engage in a war against them we can simply ask if we can have our troops along their border with Judah to ensure their safety (our buffer zone). We should also then propose a joint project of ours and theirs builders to construct forts along that border, this way we can some small building techniques/knowledge exchanged between our nations.
We could fund the fort building for the most part since we're an economic powerhouse but we could maybe ask for some discounts on our imports of bronze from them.
>>
>>154929
This is pretty good
What's the state of our armies I know they haven't seems war in 200 hundred years but are they at least well trained
>>
>>154987
they're ok-trained.
we have no concept of draft, and the army has large contingents of experimental troops, such as heavy cavalry, which is semi-impossible for us.
>>
>>154929

I'll vote for this.
>>
File: Red-15.gif (49KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-15.gif
49KB, 849x641px
We send a diplomat to the Arameans to strike an alliance with them, in the case of Judah attacking them again.

They agree and and offer us to station our troops in their country, near the border to Judah.

Additionally, we have sent a messenger to the Jews, and demanded that they immediately cease their expansion in the Region, or face the consequences.

Not scared by the threats of our Empire, they invaded Moab and Ammom.

Due to complications with the messenger, it took us over a year to get receive their answer, by then Ammom and Moab had already fallen and Judah invaded Edom.

This gave incentive to Aram-Damascus to step in and declare war on Judah.
Due to our Alliance, we too have declared war on Judah.

Despite our Alliance however, our troops could not move as quickly through Damascus as they could anywhere else.
To speed up our troop movement, the Enki decided to annex the Phoenician City-states along the west-coast, to give us an actual border to Judah.

This worked out pretty well, and after 8 years of bloody battle, and countless losses on both sides, Judah was defeated, and we control the majority of the Levant.

Due to us now neighboring both Damascus and Edom directly, our trade routes have become significantly shorter, making the trade even more profitable, though they are wary of our expansion, seeing it as hypocritical of us to conquer a foe whom we didn't want to conquer the Levant, it doesn't affect our trade negatively.

What are we going to do now?
>>
as per usual, I'm off for the night, have fun debating on what to do next.
>>
>>155787
8 years to conquer the bloody Jews? Let's train the army at all times, as well as give incentives for joining. What other empires are around to spy on?
>>
Say, have we thought of taming elephants for battle? We did get some from India as far as I remember?
>>
>>155848
that's not the worst of it the romans had to crush multiple revolts with serious brutality to control the region before they stopped being a problem
>>
>>155883
Exactly why we need a trained army. We can't let them get rusty.
>>
>>155787
OP how many countries are we bordering right now? Would it be possibe to sketch them on the map so we can get a grip on how the region looks like?

For our action I suppose if we conquered any Jewish ground it's to convert or be executed/exiled for the local populace. And to show to our trading partners that we mean no harm now that we are neighbours we could give some territory from the city-states that we conquered, that should keep our relations good.
>>
We need to completely disarm the Jews to make sure they cant revolt
>>
>>155901
Putting down revolts could be training for real battle outside of regimental camps. It may not be a bad thing, having them rise up.
>>
>>155907
look up some of the roman Jewish wars and tell again if you want that to happen especially with our armies experience level the way it is now
>>
>>155787
Study records of both won and lost battles to figure out what went wrong and what went right, use that information to better optimize our equipment and tactics.
>>
File: Red-15.5.gif (68KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-15.5.gif
68KB, 849x641px
>>155907
We can't train our army you cock nigger, how the fuck is Persia supposed to conquer us if we do?

Also neighbor update for the map fags
>>
File: Colony-3.5.gif (169KB, 972x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Colony-3.5.gif
169KB, 972x1140px
>>
>>157438
The "don't do this, because then x can't happen" doesn't make sense to me. Yes, I know you guys had a vote earlier, but I really don't agree with the outcome, it makes things weird.

And if it's not clear, I wasn't around for the vote, would have voted strongly against if I was.
>>
>>158137
Yeah I agree with this guy. Wasn't around to vote earlier but wouldn't it make more sense to just go with the flow, not to be burdened by how exactly it happened in history?
>>
>>158145
>>158137
Thirding, forced events are tedious and annoying.
I was at work when the voting happened..
>>
>>158137
>>158145
this
>>
>>158183
>>158188
I also agree with this belief. Having argued against it previously.
>>
You know how it is with votes in real life.
You don't vote, you don't get the right to complain.
If you're not there, you got some tough fucking luck mate.

We agreed on the Rise of the West restrictions, because those who participated in the vote liked creative restrictions better than just going full one-punch-man throughout history, which is precisely what we'd be doing right now if it were according to you.

If you think it's fun to be overpowered all day , every day, then this ain't your kind of thread.

Ridiculous as this entire premise may be, I'm at least trying to be somewhat realistic, and for Persia to be in any way shape or form able to defeat us, is if our troops are poorly trained and have no experience with warfare whatsoever, because as it stands right now, we're the middle eastern equivalent of motherfucking China.
Literally no one is able to compete with us, the only thing that can potentially defeat us, is our own fucking decadence.
>>
>>158246
Most people here right now seems to think otherwise. Also, looking back the original vote seems to have been a tie, followed by a discussion about what people would do if the restrictions weren't there.

If people still want the Rise of the West restrictions, fine, let us go with it. But That's not what I'm seeing here, looks more like the people currently in the thread would rather go wild, no matter how ridiculous it might end up being.
>>
>>158246
And that is how these threads always go, how always should go and you know why?

Because you can create events out of your ass. A flood, a disease, a revolution, a civil war, a alliance between the various neighbours we have and so much more as you at the end of the day exist to provide challenges for us to over come. Yet you sit here in this thread, winding it into a well-written history of alternate history and civ-games and declare, unlike most if not all before you, that you can't stop us without artificially limiting us. Madness of the highest conceivable order!

That you, a man with the ability to have anything within reason occur, can't stop us. A group whom must fight, learn and act by your laws and rules?

Bulgar never complained that his players managed the republic well, nor does genie complain that his fans make plans and follow through with them.

You say that we are unbeatable to all yet our own decadence? How about a problem of succession with our king thus shattering our empire or a drought causing a serious famine?

You have powers, use them! Don't complain that your players know how to run their nation. We want alternate history because if i wanted to see the evolution of our civilisation under this mill-stone around our neck that was that decision. Then I would merely need to read a history book to observe it! As you won't allow us to drive the world off course and into the realm of the unknown but interesting.

Also, as a separate but related point; can't we just have a recount on the vote? It would solve all these problems far quicker!
>>
Sure I'm all up for new votes, but here's the deal m8.

You guys are boring fucks, that's why I'm trying to inhibit everyone's mindless " go conquer this and that " and " trade with these fags "

Read through these posts, with a few exceptions, this is everything your decisions sum up to.

I'm just the guy building a narrative around these decisions.

If you want more creative shit, be more creative and don't blame me for not crafting an elaborate world out of a simple " go and kill " command, because they're not even fucking related.
>>
>>157438
>Persia
>>158183
>forced events
We could do a compromise and go concentrate on India.

Our kingdom sees more chances there, neglects our old-world holdings, get conquered by Persia, then rebels with the help of its strong Indian settlements.

>>158393
I still like the idea of having a recognizable Europe later on in this quest.
>>
>>158408
Well I'm okay with expanding into India, it's not interfering with the Rise of the West scenario.
>>
>>158436
>>158408
Yes, that sounds like a good idea.
Colonial focus is GO!
>>
>>158408
this
>>
>>158408

voting for this as well
>>
>>158393
You act as if that is a flaw. When you first decide to start this game, you must have know that would happen, didn't you?

You didn't have to run this, you still don't. So, seeing as you are running, why are you?

We may be boring fucks but we are boring fucks you didn't have to deal with so you can't complain.

>>158474
I support this plan, as it allows us to pull the whole "exiled people" angle. Plus i love the concept of the Greeks fighting the Persians and then suddenly. The Persians are gone, we just kinda turn up and go "Hey remember us?".
>>
>>158744
Ofc I didn't have to do run this game, but I wanted to, because I genuinely thought people would be more creative than this, but hey this is a symbiotic thread.
If either you or me gets better at this, the other side will as well.

And please, if you're not sure whether you can do something or not, just ask me, or do the Meta approach to things and check wikipedia.
>>
File: Colony-4.gif (144KB, 972x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Colony-4.gif
144KB, 972x1140px
Our colony in Hindustan, over the years, has become very distinct from the rest of our Empire.

Their dialect has become so bad, that it's almost unintelligible to us, but the businessmen over there at least have preserved proper speech, so we can still communicate with them effortlessly.

Without our knowledge however, they have expanded their territory and turned their once booming trade-cities, into fortress harbors.

We have no idea what happened over there, but we suspect something similar going on in Crete.

After sending someone over there to check, our suspicions were confirmed.
In Crete another parallel language has developed out of a dialect of Annunakian.

Both Cretans and our Colonists, through their interaction with locals and neglect of the Empire, have developed different cultural identities from our own.

In Crete, the population has come to see themselves as less Annunakiminite, but more as Annunoan.
Similarly with our colonists, they too have adopted a lot of the cultural identity of the native Hindustani tribes, as such, they have come to think of themselves as Hinnunakian.

Our Empire is slowly falling apart, though it is nothing to be worried about anytime soon.

How will we take care of these potential hot-spots of Separatism?
>>
>>158968
Help them grow and inspire the colonies to think of our empire as their real home that will welcome them with kinship. Or something, patriotism can go quite a way
>>
>>158968
Let's fuck some shit up. React violently, enact re-education policies and execute dissenters. Station troops to put down riots and instill fear in to the populace.
>>
>>158968
Set up separate trade colonies with people from our core lands yet further south in India. We will actively attempt to support these ones with settlers to slow the rate of cultural divergence.

Further more we will standardise how things are to be said to some degree, followed by a program in our schools in which the origins of both dissident areas in our core lands is focused on. We will also increase the involvement of individuals from the core lands in managing our colonies and Crete.

Lastly we will attempt to make our sea going vessels faster, so as to bridge the gap between the core and colonial lands. Thus making them interact more, leading to unification of culture and language.
>>
Well those are some pretty distinct options for once, I do have to say.
>>
>>158968
We need the upper class' children from the colonies to have compulsory schooling in our capital, and aside from the actual important curiculumn, then need to get indoctrinated in our culture. Also, for the general populous, the best students are shipped to the capital for a continuation of their education once they finish the highest level courses over in the colonies.
>>
>>159004
Alternatively, do nothing.
>>
>>159004
This is a bit extreme.
>>
>>159046
Exactly. Let's actually have conflict, let's have issues
>>
>>159048
What if everyone else decides to revolt too, because they think their next if they step a toe out of line like the colonies, and we get destabilized and conquered.
>>
>>159065
And that's what has happened before in history. We can't be Mary Sues the whole time. Let's have our shit kicked in, let's feel the pain, let's have our Empire torn apart by Civil War, let's get invaded, let's lose a little.
>>
>>159087
I don't know how to argue with the suicidal.
>>
>>159090
It's not about suicide, it's about having some fun, we'll rise again another day. Also masochism, lots of masochism.
>>
>>159090
He's arguing for doing something retarded for once, because so far we've been fucking invincible, and that's boring as shit.
>>
>>159093
>>159095
Why not attack someone else instead of ourselves, in that case. I hate civil wars.
>>
>>159100
Oh but so many interesting stories come from civil wars, there is so much cool shit from Roman Civil Wars.
>>
>>159100
Remember the last time we had a civil war?
We had a simple Guardsman, defending the Capital against the joint armies of the 4 Usurper Kings, and he ended up becoming the King himself.
We named a City, a Fortress and a Lake after him.
He was a fucking legend.
>>
>>159107
Seconding this, a civil war would be fun.
>>
welp I'm off to bed, hopefully the vote will be finished by tomorrow so I can post an update.
>>
>>159100
this
>>
>>159018
this
>>
>fixing the problem
boring niggers ITT
>>
My vote is for just going apeshit on these colonies.

Our empire needs to expand east anyway.
>>
File: foolproof.png (304KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
foolproof.png
304KB, 620x387px
Since the moneygrubbers in Lydia don't seem to have quite invented currency yet, let's go ahead and attack those uppity fucks in Sindhu-Sauvira. I bet there are all kinds of treasures in their cities ripe for the taking, not to mention they don't border any civilized states so they'll be unprepared for our preemptive strike.

As a cost-cutting measure, we should use our local Hinnunaki troops for the war unless it drags on to the point that we need mainland soldiers. I'm sure that the glory of battle and the riches they plunder will more than make up for any theoretical resentment or thoughts of rebellion they may feel towards us.

On a side note: how about a wave of Indophilia sweeps the upper classes of the empire? Aside from Lydia, the only other civilized countries (thus trading partners) we know of are in Hindustan - it'd make sense to pivot our attention to them.
>>
>>159719

You know what, I change my vote to this.
>>
>>159719
I vote for this
>>
since thread saged again I'll post the next update in a new thread
>>
>>161675
New thread is up

and on a side note >>159719
remember Aram-Damascus and Edom?
We trade them random stuff for their super-cheap Bronze, to cheat inflation.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.