[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BIRTH OF A CIVILIZATION PART-TWO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 24

File: Thread.png (1MB, 3080x4984px) Image search: [Google]
Thread.png
1MB, 3080x4984px
As the name implies this is the continuation of the previous thread, which saged.
Before I give you last update you voted on, here is a summary of all our progress so far.
>>
File: Invasion-3.gif (31KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion-3.gif
31KB, 849x641px
By orders of our glorious King, we went and made a push for Enlil, breaking right through the enemy lines.
They never saw it coming, thus they suffered heavy casualties, while ours remained minimal.
Not only did we manage to retake Enlil with this reckless attack, but we also managed to cut a swath into the enemy ranks, causing massive disarray among them.

Due to the Hittites having to reorganize themselves, we took a great deal of pressure off of Tuntankaia , and left a significant dent in their Supply lines.

Now that the Hittites are in disarray and the Siege on Tutankaia was easened, we are in a strategically strong position, and have the ability to turn this war around.

>Will we push for Tuntankaia and break the siege?

>Will we turn around and attack the enemy again?

>Will we fortify ourselves in Enlil and wait for the Guardsmen contingent we left behind?

As per usual, nothing is the best or worst option, all results carry the same weight and consequences.
>>
>>126819
Save Tuntankaia, with it we will have their troops, their supplies, and access to the sea to call for help from Egypt or strike at the home of the Hitties.
>>
>>126843
I gotta say, you guys are getting better at figuring out how I operate.
>>
>>126851
Perhaps, but fighting from Tuntankaia was my plan since this war began. Since we have ships we should make the most of them after all, even if the majority of this war is land based. Controlling the sea will give unrivalled mobility in this age.

Btw, what is the state of Minoa right now? Do they have any army worth mentioning that we could ship in if we could reach them?
>>
>>126867
They do, and it's sea-based nonetheless, but because the Minoans are """""""independent""""""" they most likely will not provide any troops.
There is however an Egyptian army on the border, if we had went and saved Aleppo, we would have met them already, because Tutankaia would have fallen, causing the Hittites to have a border with Egypt.
>>
>>126889
Good enough. I guess we're just waiting for more people now.

Not sure if the wall of posts screencaps was a good opening picture. It helps you catch up when you're in the thread, but a map would probably catch people's eyes more easily as they decide what thread to check out.
>>
>>126899
Maybe you're right, but honestly I don't care.
I mean this board is geeky as all fuck, someone who's browsing this board, probably gives more of a shit about story than graphics. I know I do.
>>
>>126819
Time to send these fuckers packing.
Push for Tuntankaia and liberate my fishfood.
>>
>>126843
Backing this
>>
Sounds like we are in agreement.
>>
File: Invasion-4.gif (32KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion-4.gif
32KB, 849x641px
We push for Tutankaia and break through the Siege.

The Hittites are disorganized from our previous encounter and are on retreat to reorganize themselves.
This has given us the opportunity to overrun the now outnumbered siege-troops and march into Tutankaia , lifting the Siege and joining forces with our Navy.

The Enki splits his army into 2 groups.
The Main group gives chase to the retreating Hittites, flanking them at any given opportunity.
The Assault group is being ferried by the Navy to Tarsus - an important city in the Hittite Empire - to take the fight to them directly and force them into surrendering.

The Enki has to decide which group he will lead to victory.

>Will he follow the imperial Army?

>Will he follow the counter-Attack?
>>
He will follow the counter-attack
>>
No great leader stays at home while his brave men are conquering foreign lands, he'll go to Tarsus
>>
>>127291
>follow the Imperial Army to Tarsus
>>
>>127337
the counter-attack is going to Tarsus , so which is it?
>>
The Enki goes with the Assault force and makes his way for Tarsus.

We land on the shores near Tarsus. After an hour's march the city comes into sight and we immediately assault it.

They never saw it coming, the element of surprise has given us a massive advantage.
They were unable to send out a warning either.
This is the perfect opportunity to strike at the Hittites again, before they can react.

Near where we landed there is a small port city that we could capture to secure future Naval operations.

Or we could attack the thriving river-city Adana, giving us enough leverage over the Hittites to knock them out.

>Will we attack Mersin?

>Will we attack Adana?
>>
>>127426
Attack Adana
>>
>>127426

Obviously attack Adana. Our hippo-riders will make jam out of that city's streets.
>>
>>127426
Adana, let's finish this.
>>
Adana said bad things about my mother. Let's kill them.
>>
>>127426
Attack Adana. FOR THE GLORY!
>>
>>127426
Attack Adana.

GO FOR BROKE
>>
I'll avoid being a faggot by only posting about this once, but I have another thread going on right now for the soul purpose of being able to toggle between writing OPs:

>>124786
>>
File: Red-7.gif (34KB, 849x641px)
Red-7.gif
34KB, 849x641px
Well with a fucking landslide victory I present to you the next update!

We decided to use the element of surprise and overwhelm Adana.
The Hittite garrison never stood a chance.
After a few hours of rest, a messenger from the Hittite main-forces arrives.
We capture him and read his message.
The Hittite army is beaten up badly and is making their way here on their retreat to resupply.

The Enki decided to wait things out until they arrive and sure enough, after a few days they did.

We opened the Gates for them, leading them to mistakenly belief they were safe.

We could see our own forces approaching from the east.

We charged right into the Hittite army and fought them relentlessly until the bulk of our forces arrived and crashed into them from behind.

The Hittite army was completely laid to waste, with but a few survivors to tell the tale.
The Enki demands one of them to take his message to their King, fearing for his life, he agreed.

Meanwhile we returned back home and laid our weapons to rest.
When the Hittite messenger returned, he sent word of their surrender, we were to keep Adana , Tarsus and the immediate area around them, if only that would mean we no longer attack them.

The Enki returns a message of agreement to the Hittites.

The war is over, the Hittites will no longer pose a threat to us, we have proven to them that we are the Superior People.
Egypt meanwhile contributed little to the war, as it was never directly engaged.

Something about this peace feels ominous though, but that doesn't matter right now.

What will we do now?
>>
>>127688

Lets establish some more territory in the Southern Levant.
>>
>>127699
Are you sure about that?
I don't think Egypt will take kindly to us invading them.
>>
>>127708

It's hard to see on this map where exactly Egypt is, but it appears that there is some "no mans land" before the Nile Delta ripe for the taking. If anything, we could then use this new power to set better trade agreements with Egypt.
>>
>>127688
Recover from the war, and continue raising the standard of living in our country.
>>
>>127718
Ok just this once, I'll paint in other countries to give you an idea of where - if at all - we can expand to.
>>
File: Red-7.5.gif (58KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-7.5.gif
58KB, 849x641px
>>
>>127724
Agreed
>>
>>127688
since we have basic ship building technology now I think this is a decent opportunity to sail east from along the coast from the Euphrates estuary along the coast. Seems like our economy is too heavily balanced on trade with a very small contingent of neighbours and I'd hate to see it collapse in a conflict.
So along with backing >>127724
I'd like to search for more potential friendly nations to diversify our trade.
>>
>>127724

I guess I'll change my vote to this.
>>
>>127752
Secondled, let us set sail and explore the east for new trade.
>>
>>127752
For this
>>
>>127752
I'm sorry, but right now there are none.
You will have to wait until 1000 BC before more trade partners become available to us.

I know that sounds retarded but hear me out.

The only civilizations in this general area until 1000 BC are IRL , the Mycenaean Greeks, the Hittites, the Egyptians and the Neo-Assyrians.

That's it, nothing else within a radius of 5000 miles can be called a civilization at this point.

When 1000 BC hits we get a whole new spectrum of peoples though.

The Greek dark ages are slowly closing , kick-starting the City-states period.
the Medians will rise to become the Persian Empire.
The Aramaic Kingdoms of the Levant will pop up, accompanied by the Hebrews in Israel and Judah.
Also the Scythians in the North.
200 years after that we'll also get Carthage.

Trust me when I say, this is a very lonely era we live in, all we could do now is try mending the rifts between us , the Hittites and the Greeks , so we can trade with them.
>>
>>127777

Try hosting a game set in Australia....

All fair. Lets just stabilize our infrastructure.
>>
>>127777
In that case I'm for trying to patch things with the Greeks, don't want to rely too much on the fact we can see the future but there are some pesky Achaemenids coming up in a few centuries and it'd be nice to not be worrying about the mediterranean side of things when that happens.
>>
>>127806

I don't think we know the Greeks exist.
>>
>>127810
We do, we know them as the Mycenaeans, we met them together with the Minoans and fought them in the invasion of Crete when we subdued the Minoans to become a puppet state, and also preventing the real life end of the Minoan civilization.
>>
>>127777
The Greeks sound like they could be interesting to trade with.
>>127810
I think we met them when we saved Minioa.
>>
>>127810
We know at least about Mycenae at least as they occupied Crete until we "liberated" it from them. That was some time ago now so perhaps they'd be willing to forget about it in exchange for some good trade tariffs
>>
Is our decision clear to you OP?
>>
>>127869
Is it....trading with the greeks?
>>
>>127872

with a little salt sprinkle of infrastructure rebuilding, yes.
>>
>>127879
yeah ok we can do that hold on.
>>
To cement these new territories as ours and to help decrease the unemployment caused by the war, we started to rebuild what was lost.

The Enki has very special plans, he felt like this would not be the worst thing that would happen to us. To take precautions for the future, he ordered EVERY settlement in the entire Empire be given walls of stone.

Crazy as this project may seem, the great expense it posed for the treasury of the Empire, really helped decrease unemployment radically.

With our economy no longer suffering from the aftermath of the war, we decided it was time to close the gap between us and the Mycenaeans , as we are always eagerly looking for trade partners.

The Enki sent a messenger to them and for a tribute they were willing to make peace with us.
We paid their relatively small tribute and began picking up trade with them.

Thanks to the trade, we have gotten a clearer image of their homeland and discovered a large Island to the west they call Sicily.

Some explorers made their way for Sicily but didn't find any signs of civilization over there.

decades go by, yes even an entire century.

It is the year 1200 now and rumors began to spread across the entire civilized world of a mysterious group of peoples from unknown islands.
They wreak havoc where ever they go, leaving only fire and death behind.

These "Sea Peoples" are the greatest threat to civilization we have ever witnessed.

The Hittite and Mycenaean Empires collapse under the pressure put on them by the Invasion of the Sea Peoples.

Egypt suffers heavy casualties and many of their cities are destroyed, their economy lies completely in ruins, causing the Empire to fall into disarray.

Even our Empire isn't spared from destruction, the Sea Peoples have landed on our shores and attacked Tutankaia , Enlil , Adana and Tarsus.
While Tutankaia and Tarsus being severely damaged, they withstood the attacks.
Adana and Enlil however did not.

We did manage to repel the Sea Peoples though and re-settled the cities of Enlil and Adana, but it will take generations for these cities to recover from these attacks.

There are some good news among all this horror though.
Adana being destroyed revealed to us ancient Hittite artifacts made of an unknown material.
We always knew the Hittite Kings had Scepters made of "Iron" - a fancy looking metal that resembled Silver more than anything, and it looks a lot like the stuff we found is also made of this "Iron".
We sent these artifacts to our smiths to learn more about it. Turns out it has completely different properties than Silver, it's an over-all vastly superior metal than Bronze.

If only we had a place to mine this "Iron" from, we could utilize it to not only strengthen our Military, but our Economy and Technology as a whole.

What are we going to do to find this "Iron" ?
>>
>>128005

Employ any homeless/mentally disable citizens to spread across otherwise unusable desert in a grid pattern, digging holes.
>>
>>128005
Any Hittite cities must be looked at. Start digging in Adana with available workers, then others. Set up something to melt this substance and use it.
>>
>>128073

This, they probably have a mine somewhere or atleast we know they have iron somewhere
>>
>>128073
Backing this
>>
>>128035

I'm curious why no one is backing this, as it is the simplest choice, and would greatly improve our economy.
>>
>>128178
We have plenty of normal workers to do the job. That's why. We haven't had a big project for a couple decades.
>>
>>128188

I guess I'll support this then: >>128073
>>
>>128005
dig holes into mountains, possibly at places where there's already a quarrel
>>
File: Red-8.gif (40KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-8.gif
40KB, 849x641px
We sent out military expeditions into the former Hittite Empire to find their Iron mines, and sure enough we did.

We searched through their entire Empire, conquering the Majority of it in the process, only to find a single Iron Mine, but it was worth it.

This Iron mine between Kostos and Hattusa was dubbed the Hattu-Kosto mines, for they were rich in Iron, it's so abundant down there, we could mine for centuries and it would still not deplete.

And while the Hittites we conquered may despised us in the past, they sure seem to like us now, presumably due to our enormous economic strength granting them life-style that would seem like paradise in their situation.

While virtually every threat has been killed off by the Sea Peoples, we should still care a little bit about our stability.
It's at an all-time low thanks to the Sea Peoples, but the Hittites don't appear as if they're going to make trouble any time soon.

What are we going to do now?
>>
>>128250
Replace everything with iron
>>
>>128250
Find a way to forge the iron to armor and weapons for policing forces, and continue rebuilding cities destroyed by sea peoples.
>>
>>128250

> casually conquer an empire

> no stability loss because of how beta they are

> kek

Weird vote, but I vote to improve our hippos- specifically their armor.

If we're doing more business in the north, we need to make sure the strongest part of our military can't catch a cold.
>>
>>128257
>>128261
>>128262

Lets be honest, these can all be the same action.
>>
>>128250

I think we should also found some mining towns near the iron mines on the river. It would also give us more cities in the north. May want to defend that iron mine as well.
>>
One more thing, guys. After the Hittite invasion, I think it's a good idea to never place one military aspect over another. We should improve army and navy equally.
>>
>>128289
>>128285
I support both of these. Iron forging and defending the mine.
>>
While improving our equipment is all well and good, that shouldn't mean we just sit on our buts. The sea peoples have caused havoc to everyone, we should make sure the Minoans are alright, and perhaps they are ready to become part of our empire.

Might want to see if we can take Cyprus as well while we're at it.
>>
>>128358

Let gain a military advantage, let try this.
>>
>>128358
sounds like a good plan actually.
>>
Well? What now?
>>
>>128491

Patiently wait for OP.

I mean dang, our hippos can't go forever without sweaters!
>>
>>128491

There's also this:

>>124786

(last post, I promise)
>>
File: Red-9.gif (41KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-9.gif
41KB, 849x641px
We resettled the town of Samuha to setup a permanent protection for Hattu-Kosto and to distribute Iron across the Empire more effectively.

We begin mining Iron in large numbers, as our Smiths have figured out by now how to smelt it.
Though it is quite the tedious process.

It took us decades to figure out, but now at long last, we know how to forge better weapons from Iron.
We also developed our chest-armor , as we previously only had Helmets.
The properties of Iron made all of this possible.

Our Warriors are stronger than ever.
Our Hippos while slower , now at least have some form of protection.

Even a simple Guardsman these days, is mightier than our Warriors of the past, all thanks to Iron.

The Success of Iron is so grand, that it has even found a way into our Religion.

Due to it's shininess Iron has been associated with Light and subsequently the Sun.

Subsequently we have adopted Aton - the Egyptian Sun God whom a sizable minority in the Empire is worshiping - as a deity in our Pantheon as the God of Iron.
>>
How will we progress from here?

(sorry for not including that in the previous post)
>>
>>128583

Use our new tech to better prepare hippo cavalry for northern conquests.
>>
>>128583
So, we didn't check on Minioa then? Damn.

Let's check on Minoa, right now.
>>
>>128583

We should focus on securing that North-Eastern river.
>>
>>128603
yeah sorry love, didn't get enough votes.

>>128597
>Our Hippos while slower , now at least have some form of protection.
>meaning they have armor
>>
>>128614

I didn't see that sentence like an idiot.

Change my vote to this:

>>128608
>>
>>128608
voting for this
>>
>>128629
>>128640
So, are we just going to abandon Minoa then? We have a strong navy, we should use it!
>>
>>128583
Promote Iron in religion so more people become interested in its properties and its uses.
>>
>>128652

It'd be wiser to take land that doesn't require a big fight first.
>>
>>128658
Could backfire as people start believing iron is sacred and altering it's properties would be an affront to the god of iron.
>>
>>128668
Minoa won't require a big fight, it's more or less ours already. But we will lose them if we ignore them. As for Cyprus, not a clue, we might have lost our chance for an easy grab there.
>>
>>128668
We own the Minoans, we gave them some pretend-independence to gain bonus points with them.

The Sea Peoples IRL did hit Crete pretty fucking bad so, either they'll come to us asking for Support , or we go there and check in on them.
Either way, helping our Minoan vassals would be a very kind thing to do.
>>
>>128690

Is it possible to send a messenger AND do the top voted option?
>>
>>128705
yeah sure, or you vote multiple options.
They're not conflicting each other so it's cool.
>>
>>128690
>>128711
Are the Sea Peoples still actively raiding?
>>
>>128711

Dope! You're doing a great job man!

North-eastern expansion and sending a scout party to Minoan land seems to be it.
>>
>>128682
I think if we move opinions of prayer and make it synonymous with scientific and mechanical progress, it will work.
>>
>>128730
Seems like it.
>>128732
Not sure it's going to work like that. More likely the temples will start hogging all the iron for their altars.
>>
>>128727

They are not, historically speaking, the Sea Peoples are a bunch of Earth-quakes and some minor Aegean tribes migrating , all around the eastern Mediterranean.
The results of these 2 things happening at the same time, was mistaken by Bronze Age people as an invasion by an ambiguous collection of "Sea Peoples".

IRL They marked the literal end of (Bronze-age) Civilization, because every major Empire fell apart and lack of trade caused the survivors to impoverish.

Luckily we were somewhat prepared, so we survived.
>>
>>128757

That last sentence is EXACTLY what would happen.
>>
>>128761
We have a lot of an advantage seeing as our leaders have perfect hindsight and can pretty much predict the future.
>>
>>128774
Such is the Nature of Civ games.
But for real, it's primarily your decisions that change the out-come of shit, so, you could say you got lucky, really.
Imagine if you guys weren't such peaceful trade fanatics, you would have ballooned up to be this gigantic Roman-tier Empire , that would have collapsed at the mere sight of the Sea Peoples, leaving us with nothing but a Kingdom the size we started with.
>>
>>128761
Cool, I guess building a stable empire paid off then.
>>
>>128774

The thing is, eventually the timeline will become so broken, that things will become unpredictable again.
>>
>>128795
That's true, the grand design of the future of the will only be known by OP; the god of Faggotry and Everything Else I Guess
>>
>>128795
>>128805
And that's the beauty of it, is it not?
When the time comes where our Empire get's fucking rekt into pieces by whatever , and there is no more Historical references available for us to rely upon, then I will let you guys play as every individual country that is related to our current Empire.
And I will take it upon myself to bind all of your actions together and somehow make sense of this world for everyone involved.

But we're not even close to that point yet, so no need to worry about it.

Just tell me what everyone's decision is.
>>
>>128833

North-eastern expansion and sending scouts/help to our vassal state.

(I guess people aren't interested in Australia anymore)
>>
>>128833
I think we have a consensus for this. >>128730
>>
>>128850
I'd be more interested in a China game desu
Dunno why but I love the geography of the region
>>
>>128864

I'd start one, but:

1. I'm too busy enjoying this one.

2. I want to keep waiting for more Australian players.

and

3. I know nothing about Bronze Age China.
>>
>>128872
I can see how those would be problems.
>>
File: Red-10.gif (44KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-10.gif
44KB, 849x641px
We expand our Empire to the North-east to gain more fertile Land, to provide more food for our starving population.
Maintaining the land of Hatti in addition to Mesopotamia is quite the daunting task, considering our limited food supply.

We hope that this expansion to the shores of the Caspian Sea can help us sustain the Empire.
In addition to that, we decided to found a new city to the west to make use of the local water supply and create more farms.

We also sent a large ship filled with Soldiers , Priests , Engineers and a royal amount of Silver to Crete to support the Minoans with whatever we can.

We arrive and find them as deprived of everything, as we did 300 years ago.
Our help came a little bit too late, but they at least appreciate it.
They have no more leadership and at this point they're tired of their incompetent Kings and would rather we rule them directly.

The Enki welcomes the Minoans into the Empire, but these times are harsh.
The Empire has , for a lack of a better word for it , impoverished.
The absence of trade in the past 100 years was soul crushing and has taken a heavy toll on our treasury.

Troubled times are ahead, even the Enki himself doesn't seem to know what to do next.
>>
>>129022

Fund adventures to embark east in hopes of establishing a road to...someone.
>>
>>129022
If our trade to the west has diminished, then we should explore in search of new trade in the east. Let's set sail on the southern seas.
>>
>>129075

OP, it appears trying to start the Not!Silk Road/trying to find Somalia is our decision.
>>
>>129022
Cease expansion projects, we need to focus on building high. Find some brilliant alchemists and agriculture specialists to find a way to increase crop yield, possibly contact the Egyptians to see if they have any irrigation techniques. As soon as there is a food surplus, begin social programs to feed the poor and bring the population out of poverty.
>>
>>129124
We do have irrigation ourselves , it's a given as a Mesopotamian civilization.

And as for our trade partners, everyone but Egypt is dead, and Egypt itself is fucked beyond repair.

Since ya'll so eager to find trade again tho, where the hell you wanna go?
One says India , other says Africa.

make up your minds.
>>
>>129171
If we can only do one, then let's go to India.
>>
>>129171

India.

Though, sending a map-updating boat to both the Mediterranean and Somalia would be great side actions.
>>
>>129260
Agreed.
>>
>>129260
India, get some fucking ebony and then dress up in it and infiltrate the Egyptians as a kang
>>
>>129260
If you get me some blank maps with rivers , that don't do the pixel bullshit when paint-bucketing , of Greece , North-Africa , Central-Asia , the Black Sea , the Balkans , Italy , Iberia , the Horn of Africa and the Caucasus , then yes, I definitely could do that.

And don't worry about time, I got plenty, because I'm going to sleep, and when I'm back, whether or not we have these maps , I will post an update.
>>
See ya'll tomorrow
>>
>>129171
Let's head to India
>>
>>129171
>>129252
>>129260
>>129371
But keep in mind, India is relatively advanced and is controlled by fairly powerful Aryan kingdoms. Power is more decentralized in much of East Africa, we'd be negotiating from a position of strength.
>>
>>131057
We need trade; trade requires central authority to protect our convoys and such.
>>
>>131057
More powerful kings means better trade, assuming they agree to do so.
>>
>>131433
No amount of authority in India will protect goods traveling across the Iranian Plateau. The only people we can expect to reliable protect our convoys is us.

Plus, Africa is easier to get to and peoples we know well, the Egyptians, already have a presence there. The closest thing we know to the Aryans are the Hittites, and we've seen how friendly they can be.

>>131902
Less powerful kings will be more willing to give deals more beneficial to us. Simply being able to say that he's built a relationship with a powerful foreign empire would be worth a fair deal on it's own to some chief in Somalia or Punt. To a well established king in Panjab, it means nothing.
>>
In an attempt to restore trade we build a small shipyard at the Sumerian Gulf (Persian Gulf IRL)
and send a Ship east to find new trade-partners.

Ridiculous as this action may seem, it is still better than sending a military expedition through the Steppes.

After about two years the ship returns to us.
They said they found... something they guess, most of the land in the east they came across was green and richer in fertile land than ours, and though inhabited, no one appeared to laid claim to it.

Populations and organization got denser as they moved further inland, they belief there may be rivers comparable to ours somewhere in this Land where we could find viable trade partners.

To find these distant peoples however , we will require a base of operation.

>Will we create a trade-colony overseas?

>Will we create a military-colony overseas?

>Will we create a common colony overseas?

>Will we attempt to find trade without colonies?

>Will we attempt to find trade in the steppes instead?

>Will we reevaluate our choices and try finding trade in places we used to have it with?
>>
>>133638
Let's make a trading colony. We are after trade and profits, not distant territories.
>>
Also guys little reminder, we have 5 new cities to name.
Just thought I'd let you know
>>
>>126903
..its not that geeky anon..
>>
>>133812
Come on nigga, we're playing a text-adventure Civ game here, that is pretty fucking geeky.
>>
>>133638
Trade colony
>>
>>133638
Setting up a trading colony sounds nice.
>>
>>133638
Trade colony sounds like it'll probably just be shat on by the locals at some point and we'll be too far away to help but what the hell its a game I should probably be less worried about consequences and just make the cool decisions.
>We will create a trade colony overseas
I guess more of a trade outpost, something like a port at the mouth of the Indus and perhaps a few minor waypoints up its length.
>>
>>133016
My response to this is that we probably have at least one precious commodity that we can offer the Indus peoples, being the sole supplier of something and having the power to take it away from them would probably give us a lot of political punching power. I also doubt that a nation that far away can realistically mount an offensive.
>>
>>134061
Just a little fyi, we haven't discovered the indus river , we just went straight east, where there is no actual Kingdom or tribe IRL in the iron age.

Indus is close by, but we didn't find it yet, just saying.
>>
>>134061
We'll get steamrolled by an indian army later on so might as well get some money for now
>>
>>134074
Oh fair enough, so we're talking like Iran/Pakistan border? Still up for the trade colony either way
>>
File: india.gif (29KB, 972x1140px) Image search: [Google]
india.gif
29KB, 972x1140px
>>134077
No

Green is what the exploration team checked out
Red is the general area where they landed , and where our colony will be as well
>>
>>134091
Gotcha, looks good cap'n full steam ahead.
>>
File: Colony-1.gif (139KB, 972x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Colony-1.gif
139KB, 972x1140px
We prepare a small fleet, filled with Soldiers , Engineers , Workers and Settlers and most importantly, Merchants , to build a functioning trade-colony overseas.

The journey takes almost a month.
The Colonists set up a fortified trade-post city with a small port within 3 years.

With this new city, we can reliably explore this new Land and find possible Kingdoms to trade with, this way we might finally get out of our economic crisis.

What are we going to do next?

What is this City called?

(Ok guys now I need SIX fucking city names from you lot ,because you didn't name the previous batch of 5 and now I'm sitting here with 5 blank cities in our mainland, and this new blank colony)
>>
>>134115
I guess all the people with good names are absent. So here is a bad one that you can stick on the colony, Namek. Let's see how long until people start wondering if we're still there.
>>
>>134131
well desu I can provide plenty of names myself, but this is game is supposed to be based on community decisions.
>>
>>134131
I think this is exactly what happened. I'll offer Caspari for the big city on the coast of the Caspian. Inventive, I know.
>>
>>134170
Better than anything I'm coming up with, seconded.
>>
>>134170
this

Other names:
Zabar
Iman
Akavir
Sancre tor
>>
>>134115

Two actions:

1. Invest in better boats so that we can get to the colony faster.

and

2. Hire citizens to embark on "voyages" inland in search of trade partners.

(Canadian fag)
>>
>>134215

Forgot music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUHmPPPWlgY
>>
>>134215
ok but like, the whole point of this colony , is to find trade partners.
>>
>>134258

So was New France to some extent.

Think Macau with sea shanties and pemmican.
>>
What is the state of Egypt at the moment, if they failed to recover properly from the sea peoples I'd be tempted to just take that Lebanon/Israel stretch south of Tutankaia. We've only really taken part in defensive wars so far and I think we're probably in a decent position to expand a little now we're growing our trade passively in other parts of the world.
Just going to throw out the idea anyway.
>>
>>134317
Egypt is trying to recover just like we are, neither of us is in any position to go go war, since we're bankrupt.

Also I did mention several times that going into the Levant is a bad idea, just for the sheer amount of Opposition we're facing and the fact we'll need them to be alive in just a few decades.
>>
Also we need 1 last name for the cities back at home.

Sancre Tor is not an option, not only because I'm generally opposed to any references (which is why I also changed "Yugioh" slightly) but the name is just too fucking long
>>
>>134335

Ziz
>>
>>134335
Elir-na
>>
>>134335
vindil
>>
>>134337
ZIZZ BRAH
>>
File: Red-11.gif (44KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-11.gif
44KB, 849x641px
Ok guys here is the updated home-map with the current year.

updated colony map will come with next update
because I also need to know what we're gonna do next.
>>
>>134338
I'll save that for a future city.
>>
Do we or any other local civilizations have currency at present? If not now might be the time to standardize how our people deal with transferring goods.
Also perhaps pushing west into the unoccupied (I think) aegean coast of anatolia would probably set us up with decent control of the mediterranean and give us a mainland port a bit closer to Crete.
>>
>>134441
We have a set currency i think. Though if we are going to anything i feel we should focus on finding more iron. Only extracting from one place, even if it's supply is basically endless, seems like a bad idea. Even more so considering the fact that it is near one of our borders and could be threatened by war.
>>
>>134453
Yeah I also agree with this. Trade is great and all but we should also work on extracting as much value from our own lands as we can. Is there a chance that an artisan movement might innovate ornamental metalworking in one of our cities to create value from the copper we no longer use for warfare? Something along these lines anyway, can't help feeling we could do with developing the cultural side of things so we have enough of an identity to not just be swept up by more influential nations down the line.
>>
>>134467
Copper was used for the making of knifes, forks, spoons, backings for mirrors and other such things. So pretty much, copper is still in use and if anything won't stop being in use for quite some time.
>>
>>134467

Well the only way to generate some form of culture I genuinely know , is to create past-times for people.

Ya know, Games (that includes sports) , Songs, Art, Religion, anything that can entertain people.
And then we develop those things, by making specialized buildings to host large-scale events of these things in there.
Ya know, like literally every other civilization ever.
>>
>>134506
In that case I vote we build the Syriabowl to host national games at Thumim and some open air theatres in our biggest cities.
>>
>>134537
This sounds like a good idea. We could also at the same time host a competition for the best and brightest inventions from around the empire. Anyone can participate, and the top 5 winners in the 2 categories of artistic and practical get showcased in the capitol.
>>
>>134537
we have no games yet tho

also what about india , weren't we tryna find trade senpai?
>>
>>134661
Yes, we need to find all the trade. How hard is it to head inland from the trading port? Do we need to provide roads to reach our prospective trading partners, or do we just need to head out and find them?
>>
>>134696
Well before we do anything of the likes of building roads, we will have to find them first.

Some require us to sail , perhaps build a bridge or 2 , others require roads , due to jungle , and of course , there are the ones that don't need shit either due to proximity or lack of natural barriers.
>>
>>134661
Oh right I interpreted what you said as the colony would build up naturally over time and develop now the seed has been planted. Of course I don't want to neglect that now we've started it. So if we can only focus on one of the things that have been suggested then I think that is the one. Otherwise a bit of both, as for a game maybe some kind of wargame, each city's garrison putting forward a squad of their best fighters to simulate combat situations in front of an audience, thus incentivising soldier to aspire to this glory and giving commoners a local team to support. (I basically want to establish an ancient Premier League/MLS)
>>
>>134717
It will build naturally over time , much like the Minoans , but for that we have to put some turns of effort into it.
>>
>>134724
Ok I'll vote for search/build roads to the people in Gujarat for now. Glorious Major League Swordball can wait.
>>
>>134736
this
>>
If we encounter a civilization which would be on our level of development should we attempt to set up some kind of embassy to foster relations with them?
>>
>>134743
maybe , but I don't think anyone but Egypt is as advanced as us.
Perhaps China , but A) we don't know how to get there B) it's far away as shit and C) we don't even know they exist
>>
>>134736
Ok but I should inform you that
A) We are the only thing resembling civilization in Gujarat

and B) we still need to find the other civs first.
Can I count your vote as trying to find trade partners in India?
>>
>>134767
Yeah
>>
>>134767

Yep! It's time to voyage!
>>
>>134767
LETS FIND SOME CIVS
>>
>>134767
Find trade partners.
>>
Also OP, can we as a culture invent sand boarding. You said we needed a sport after all.
>>
>>134988

that, or hippo jousting.
>>
>>134997
>hippo jousting
Yes.
Hell yes.
HELL FUCKING YES!

Probably not as awesome as I imagine it to be, considering the speed of the hippos, but fund it anyway.
>>
File: joust 1.jpg (2MB, 2029x1620px) Image search: [Google]
joust 1.jpg
2MB, 2029x1620px
>>134997
>hippo jousting
MAKE IT SO
>>
>>135005
>>135009

I change my mind. The people have spoken. No sand boarding, just hippo jousting.

Also, the game's up and running again:

>>124786
>>
>>135005

Their land speed is 30 km/h, which is still pretty fast.

Besides the point isn't speed, but power.

The two opponents would charge at each other HEAD ON instead of beside. Whichever rider gets flung off upon collision loses.
>>
Oh boy, I leave for a bit to enjoy my town's Annual funfair and I come back to fucking Hippo Jousting.

Well I guess.

>>135009
Aye Captain.
>>
>>135043
thats different
>>
>>135109
How was the funfair?
>>
>>135109

So ya OP, we want a wonder-esc Super Syrian Bowl to have hippo jousting in, Not!Macau settled, and some scouting ships sent.
>>
After establishing the trade-colony of Na-mek we sent out explorers from Na-mek and into this foreign land that some of the Natives call "Hindustani".

We adopt this name in order to familiarize ourselves a little bit with this new tropical environment.

We explore fairly thoroughly, which causes us to take quite a while to find anything, but thanks to this data our cartographers managed to map-out our explored areas.

on the fringes of these new explored areas we found the Satvant to the east, the Sindhu-Sauvira to the west, along a mighty river comparable to the Nile , which the natives call the Sindhu and while we haven't found them yet , we have heard of 4 Major Kingdoms to the North , past the Maru desert.
We cannot possibly hope to travel through a desert unprepared, so we prepare ourselves to make our way during the next Monsoon season.

Meanwhile back at home, the act of 2 angry Hippo-Riders riding into each other, in order to see who was in better control of his Animal , has become pretty big news in Belphos, which is where all of this started.

This act, while dangerous, was deemed hilarious by onlookers and has quickly found imitators. From Belphos this foolish act has spread through the Empire like a wildfire and has become a popular game among our people.

The Popularity of this Game has even gotten the attention of the Enki, who believes that a Game as popular as this, requires some rules and regulation, that way we could officially recognize it as a Sport and monetize it.

To give a uniform set of rules to this new game, the Enki has gathered some of - whom his subjects consider to be - the most professional players of this Game, for them to debate and create, official Rules for this Hippo Jousting, which are to be followed throughout the entire Empire.

What are we going to do next?

Bonus : What are the Rules of Hippo-Jousting?
>>
>>135118
pretty nice actually, thanks for asking.
I rode the Ferris-wheel to combat my fear of heights.
Needless to say I panicked and screamed internally while having the most retarded expression of fear and shock on my face.
>>
>>135179

We kinda have a base for Hippo Riding rules, but other can add more:

>>135092
>>
>>135179
So as well as awaiting the results of that expedition through the desert can we perhaps offer any undeveloped tribes etc around our colony some education to speed up their advancements, hopefully this kind of help which doesn't cost us a great deal could potentially make them dependent on us and assimilate them in the medium-long term, even if they are only minor tribes.
>>
File: 02-Dimensions-Capacity.jpg (51KB, 560x342px) Image search: [Google]
02-Dimensions-Capacity.jpg
51KB, 560x342px
HIPPOdromes when
>>
>>135287
This makes wonder, do people ride our hippos or do they use them in combination with chariots as well?
>>
>>135304
We could do both.
Hippo Chariot racing and Hippo Riding jousting
>>
>>135315
We don't use Hippos for chariots, but Horses because speed.

Hippos are more of a slow anti-cavalry thing, because they scare Horses and bite them, which is pretty much an insta-kill.
>>
>>135336
That makes a lot more sense.
I was too far in to the hippo meme
>>
File: HBC.png (99KB, 1205x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HBC.png
99KB, 1205x1024px
>>135255

Basically, we need to form a large market that can offer these new tribes loans in return for establishing trade routes.
>>
>>135390
Perfect
>>
>>135390
This
>>
>>135179
Welcome to a pay-per-view broadcast of the National Hippo League! I'm all for anything this game entails.
>>
Monsoon season has come and an expedition has finally made it's way through the desert and reached the Kingdoms of Kuru and Pancala.
We opened up trade with them and tried to find out where the other 2 great Kingdoms are.

They directed us a little bit further inland, to a great river they call Ganga.
We followed the Ganga river and sure enough, we found the Kingdoms of Kosala and Videha, with whom we opened up trade as well.

Meanwhile we have also begun trading with Satvant and Sauvira tribes, by funding and building Roads into their territories.
They were overjoyed by it and have begun offering us a precious resource called Ivory, for a lower price than they would make outsiders pay , that's what they say at least, we don't know what others have to pay for Ivory, but sure enough, it appears fairly cheap, all things considered.

Slowly but steadily our economy is recovering from the invasion of the Sea Peoples.

How will we proceed?
>>
>>135738
GATHER THE GREATEST SMITHS

We try to create steel
>>
>>135743
Okay, that is a great long term goal but i think we should provide them with the more short term goal of "cheap" iron weapons of decent quality.
>>
How well is our military structured right now? I expect we could probably improve on it with a proper hierarchy of ranks. Maybe create an officer training academy to tailor the brightest soldiers for command rather than just hoping we never come up against an organised force.
>>
>>135743
Do you honestly find it in any way shape or form realistic for us to have steel before the Romans - who aren't even around yet?
>>
>>135765
Well we're about as organized as any Bronze-age and early iron-age army
which is to say, minimally.
We have a basic officer structure, only consisting of commanders , generals and ofc the King.
Navy is even simpler with only a bunch of Captains, held together by the king.
>>
Well guys while you figure out what we're gonna do from here , I'm off to bed as usual.

See ya'll tomorrow
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 640x918px)
image.jpg
122KB, 640x918px
>>135770
>>
>>135765
This
>>
>>135860

Two actions:

1. Strengthen our new trade company.

2. Ask these Indian tribes where exactly ivory comes from, and if we could purchase the intact form.

(also, we built our Super Syrian Bowl, right?)
>>
>>136239
For number 2, should we offer them our knowledge of hippos in return?

We could potentially in the long run make Hippo riding/jousting go international or atleast organise tournaments between us and other civilizations which possess the knowledge, to boost our relations with hem.

They could also use the hippos for agricultural means of course but teaching them how to engage in hippo riding/jousting seems more fun.
>>
File: 1434542000367.jpg (672KB, 3724x2014px) Image search: [Google]
1434542000367.jpg
672KB, 3724x2014px
>>135770
Iron and steel have been around for a while family. Iron is much easier to produce than Bronze if you know how to make charcoal, and steel is just iron purified further. It's been produced about as long as iron has, just not as easily as we can today with blast furnaces.

Plus, the earliest evidence for iron tool production comes from the region around Ankara, Turkey, part of which which we control. It's well within the realm of possibility that we could have iron and steel production up and running. Not that that means we do, just that it isn't out of the question that we could start.

>>136239
Remember that Mesopotamia wasn't a desert at this time, and that India and Africa both have elephants, how do you think they got there? Plus, we've at least been to Punt and have close contact with Egypt, surely we know where ivory comes from?

>>135336
>Hippos are more of a slow anti-cavalry thing
They'd also be a good counter to African or Indian meme elephants. Too big to be pushed around easily by either the elephant or it's escorts, and it could honestly just break their fucking legs.

With this in mind,>>137406 I say we NOT share Hippo taming and riding knowledge with outsiders. We actually did the impossible in somehow domesticating them, we should maintain that advantage. Right now we're leagues ahead of anyone else in terms of what sort of weird animals we know how to ride (horses, hippos, and pic related), let's keep it up.
>>
>>135738
Would it be beneficial to establish smaller colonies/trade posts between us and India along the Persian coast? It would make trade expeditions less risky, and might provide a window for us to keep a better eye on the Iranian steppes.

>>135743
But I do like the idea of getting iron up and running and at least figuring the techniques with which one could make steel. We're not really at a time where steel can be the standard, but it's certainly possible to make it.
>>
>>137830
I say we go all for iron, then focus on steel.
>>
>>137939
That's the thing tho, steel isn't a very different process from just normal iron purifying. It'd be weird to avoid steel completely, it's a natural continuation of the same techniques. Y'all talk about it like it's a completely different task.
>>
Just chillin here in bed at 3am and like the fag I am this shit is still on my mind and I was struck by the fact we have been progressing this long without anyone suggesting spying.
Can we send some folks in to infiltrate the systems of government of the major nations we know and just sort of leave em there for the time being until we need leverage against any particular civ
>>
>>138096
Also, not much of a standing army. Maybe having a draft or some form of recruitment would help. That and better training.
>>
>>138096
Supported. Let's do some networks in Egypt and the Indian kingdoms.
>>
>>137830

I totally agree with you that we should keep hippos to ourselves. We can, however, sell meat and leather.

With my ivory comment, I was implying we purchased some live Indian elephants/rhinos and tried to use our extreme domestication skills to create a monopoly of ivory.
>>
>>138764
All about that sustainability. If we play our cards right, it could become a big part of our economy.
>>
So lads, from what I gathered here, you want to get some Elephants, invent Steel, and boost Iron production, correct?
>>
>>139422
yAH
>>
File: 1461234744479.png (1MB, 700x911px) Image search: [Google]
1461234744479.png
1MB, 700x911px
>>139422
That's the plan
>>
File: Red-12.gif (45KB, 849x641px) Image search: [Google]
Red-12.gif
45KB, 849x641px
We've known Ivory - or Sinnu as it is called for us in the civilized world - for a while now, but we never managed to figure out where it comes from.
So traders from Na-mek decided to get to the bottom of this and bribed some of the Hindustani merchants.
Turns out it stems from Elephants, those large grey creatures we've been seeing all across Hindustan while trying to find civilization.

This is great news, now we can get our hands on some Ivory ourselves, without having to trade, but this might prove difficult, seeing as Elephants are mighty creatures.

We don't know anything about the Hindus but for them to have reliable Ivory sources , seems to imply they domesticated these Elephant beasts, which means we will have to do the same.

We bring back some Elephants to Na-mek and try to tame them first, this might prove about as difficult as initially taming Hippos, but we can do it.

Meanwhile, through constant contact with the Hittites who are now our subjects, we have learned of new Animals that we can domesticate.
We know they have domesticated them for centuries, we had just never seen these animals before, but now we have.
Sheep , Dogs and Cats.
Sheep provide us with comfortable and warm clothing during the winter, they also make for some decent meat.
Dogs can protect our Sheep and by extension also our Homes.
Cats can kill all those pesky rats that love hanging around the Cities, which makes them great to keep at home.

We got our hands on Dogs and Cats via trade with the western cities , but they didn't want to trade Sheep, so we had to find wild ones.

In our effort to find wild Sheep, we have discovered new spots to mine Iron from.
In addition to that, a great novelty has found it's way into our Empire.
A Gold mine.
We never had natural Gold before, which made trading all the more important, but now that we have Gold , we can revive our Economy.

With more money Circulating the Economy, it may have lost a bit of it's value, but our Economy is functioning and strong again , strong enough to fund greater efforts to mine Iron.

With more Iron around for people to work with, it was inevitable that some crazy Smith would experiment with it. The result of his experiments were a better, purer form of Parzillu (Iron in Sumerian) which was as white as Sinnu (Ivory).
He dubbed it Parzinnu (Sumerian-esque word for Steel I just bullshitted up because the Sumerians never had Steel).

Parzinnu is a bit hard to craft, the problem here not being the amount of Iron we can mine, but rather the amount of wood available for us to make charcoal.
There are several ways to get more Wood, but none of them are particularly easy.

>Will we create another Colony in Hindustan?

>Will we expand further West
>>
File: Red-12.gif (45KB, 849x641px)
Red-12.gif
45KB, 849x641px
also sorry for putting the wrong date on the map again.
I just keep forgetting.
I'll fix it with this one.
>>
>>139566
>More colonies in Hindustan
>>
>>139569
More colonies in Hindustan. Let us see what other treasures the land might hold.

Also, is our library still the biggest collection of knowledge in the known world?
>>
>>139785
Yes
it's a world-wonder.
>>
>>139566
>we expand further West
>>
>>139566
Could we expand into the north?
>>
>>140389
no , the map doesn't extend that far and as I said , until someone provides me with new maps , I can't show you shit.
>>
>>140393
Oke, then I vote for expanding further west as well
>>
>>139566
Create a colony in Hinduistan
>>
this is a map
>>
>>140469
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BlankMap-southwest_Europe-nord_Africa.png
>>
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Blank_map_Europe_without_borders.png
>>
>>140519
It's more that those maps also need to have rivers and that they are compatible with paint-bucketing I think
>>
>>140547
precisely lad.
>>
>>139566
More colonies in Hindustan. Even our brief steps into this land has left us the richer for it, who knows what opportunities lie further inland?
>>
File: Colony-2.gif (140KB, 972x1140px)
Colony-2.gif
140KB, 972x1140px
We decided to send 2 more colony ships into Hindustan and create further trade-cities along the coast.

Meanwhile the City of Na-mek has grown beyond it's capacity and claimed territory inland, to settle some of it's people there.

With the arrival of the new colony-ships, we managed to set up new 2 new trade-cities along the coast.

It took a few years to build them up, but it was over-all faster than building Na-mek.

We have begun setting up major lumbering camps all over the colonies, to send wood back home for greater Steel production.

With more cities and subsequently more resources in our possession, the colonies managed to slightly increase the scale of trade between them and the Hindustani Kingdoms.

What will we do next?

Oh and what are our new colonies called anyway?
>>
>>140393
http://d-maps.com/m/asia/caucase/caucase03.gif
Here's a map I found for if we ever decide to expand into the north, it's from the same source as the India one so I hope it's good one.

>>140655
I propose that we develop bigger ships with bigger capacity, this would benefit both trade and the transport of the wood. This way we can also bring more people along to develop our colonies if needed.
Also we should set up some ports along the coast of our route to make the journey more safe like >>137869 said.
>>
http://d-maps.com/carte.php?num_car=2228&lang=en
>>
>>140692
don't get me wrong but, nice as that map may be, it's too big, at least for our current state.
I need something more zoomed in.

When we got to the late middle-ages, where I can just plaster the map with a few high-pop cities and draw border-lines indiscriminately, we're gonna need maps this big.
Right now, we're more local focused, the caucasus map is really nice for that.
>>
>>140705
what about this http://d-maps.com/carte.php?num_car=2068&lang=en
>>
>>140712
yeah that is nice, matches up with our mid-east map nicely as well.
>>
>>140655

I got dis
- Tuskar
- Zark
>>
>>140655
What year is it?

I rate we Improve our armour and add shields

tower shields
like persian immortals
>>
>>140776

It's 1082 BC
>>
>>140783
That was last turn
>>
>>140792
Last update of the middle eastern map showed 1084, the Indian update took a couple of years to establish the new colonies.
>>
>>140798
Oh nice, nice
>>
>>140688
I support developing bigger ships.
>>
>>140835
In addition to this we should develop better sails to make the trip to India quicker.
>>
Ok guys we need at least 1 more city name and please come to a conclusion.
>>
>>140842
I support this and tower shields

also another name
- Rezam
>>
>>140949
Kariyadanagar, loose Sanskrit for "City of Hippos"
>>
>>140949

i'll vote for these too

>>140963
>>
>>140842
>>140776
Voting for these
>>
>>140966
Voting for this
>>
File: Colony-2.gif (141KB, 972x1140px)
Colony-2.gif
141KB, 972x1140px
Well the votes have spoken.

In order to increase the speed of shipments from Hindustan to Mesopotamia , our engineers designed bigger ships with huge , multiple sails , to increase the amount of wind they can gather.

With this increase in Shipments of Wood, we manage to produce more steel consistently.
To consolidate our position of power we decided to restructure our Army.

We split the forces into 2 Categorys - Infantry and Cavalry.

The Infantry is divided into:
Essuru - light Melee troops on the flanks.
Irtu - Archers in center of a formation
Urbat - heavy Melee troops up front
and Agu - heavy Melee troops in the back

The Cavalry is divided into:
Simtum - Camel Archers on the flanks
Palasu - Swordsmen on Horses up front
Etutu - Spearmen on Hippos on the flanks

In addition to these new Army structures, new officer ranks are created that are below a Commander.
The Abumenninu - a leader of a 50-ship.
The Abumrebu - a leader of a 200-ship
The Abumelenu - a leader of 5 200-ships
The Abumerimha - a leader of 10 Abumenelu
The Sartahazu - commander of an Army
The Sarerimha - A General - a leader of 2 or more Sartahazus

All of them are below the Enki - King of Kings.

In addition to these changes , we equip Light-infantry with wooden shields , steel spears , a steel helmet , but no other armor.

Heavy infantry - sparse as they may be - are equipped with a steel mail , steel helmet , a large rectangular steel shield (tower shield) and a shortened toga (in red) to wear above their armor , to provide proteciton from the weather and still leave enough room for leg movement. They use a steel sword of about 70cm length

Archers wear no armor whatsoever, use iron-arrows and carry an additional steel dagger.

Cavalry units match their infantry counter-parts.
Horse riders are heavily armored
Camel riders wear no armor whatsoever.
Hippo riders are lightly armored

After the introduction of all these military changes , the Navy decides to upgrade as well.
After the recent improvement in ship-building due to colonial engineers , the Navy abandons their old Triremes and introduces huge war-ships of similar design as our trade ships.
The Navy engineers dub them Tamtubaltus.

With these new improvements, our Empire is prospering on all fronts.

During all of that we have also made contact with an Empire we never heard of, that has been bordering us for quite a while.
The Lydian Empire.
We decided to open trade with them, to further increase our economic output.
Also we have heard that Egypt did in fact recover from the Sea Peoples, but they lost contact with us.
Isolated and with no trade to keep them alive, they did in fact collapse for real this time.

Despite Egypt being out of the picture, we are facing an unprecedented age of peace.
Centuries of peace have come to this land and we have met many new peoples who rose to create their own Kingdoms and even Empires.

We met the Kingdoms of Judah , Israel , Ammon, Edom, Moab and Aram-Damascus in the Levant.
CUT
>>
CONT

Most notably however where a people from the eastern steppes called the Medes.
We don't know much about them, but for a simple tribe they sure seem pretty civilized, which is very unlike anything we've come across so far.

Another contact we've managed to make, thanks to our collapsing friends in Egypt, was a newly founded Kingdom known as Carthage.
It lies far in the west, somewhere in Africa.
We haven't actually found them yet, but we did have contact and we might learn more of them sooner or later.

During the times of peace, we accomplished some great things. We managed to construct a gigantic theater in which people can spectate Hippo-Jousting and other sports events.
This mighty theater stands in Thumim and we host a a grand Jousting tournament every 5 years.

Right now it is the year 800 BC.

What are we going to do from here?
>>
I'm going to sleep now, enjoy this long post while I'm gone.
>>
>>141478
Send exploratory expeditions west, we need to begin mapping it.
>>
>>141500
This
Rome is about to pop up as well :D

also lets send another expedition North West.
>>
>>141500
Backing this too
>>
>>141500
This
>>
>>141478

> Scout the west

> Send a diplomat to Israel

> Expand our borders east. We should be focusing on getting our borders closer and closer to our trade company
>>
Now that we are experiencing an age of peace, we should try to improve our relations with some of these newfound civilizations and perhaps even set up embassies. We could propose alliances as well for when we face enemies like the Sea Peoples again.

By helping others in their wars our army could get familiar with their new equipment and structure and perhaps tweak it a bit with the knowledge they gain in battles.

This will also secure our trade and thus prevent any other ecomic crisis due to our trading partners not collapsing, like Egypt did.

Also have we begun selling the ivory and other eastern goods to the western markets? I feel like this could make us a lot of profit since those goods aren't available there for them.
>>
>>141821

Diplomatic Bucket List:

Israel

Certain military-based Greece faction we don't know about
>>
>>141456
>Horse riders are heavily armored
It isn't really possible to have a heavy fighter on horseback without the Stirrup, which is still a ways away.
>>
>>141488
Hey, do you know what map projection the first maps we used were? I can just edit together some stuff for our use, but I'm a bit of an autist and don't want to use the wrong projection if you know the original.
>>
>>143103
It is.
You put a heavy-infantry man on a horse.
That's it.
It's not like the horse itself is armored, that would cost way too fucking much.
>>
>>143130
sadly no, I do not know the original.
though you can sort of guess if you compare it to other maps of the region I think.
>>
As a result of our contact with Carthage, we decided to explore the Mediterranean to find out where they are.

After about a month of blindly sailing straight west from Tutankaia, we actually found Carthage.
That came a bit of a surprise to us, considering that we expected them to be further away than that.
After that we sent out more ships across the sea, to map out the coast-lines of the Mediterranean.
Meanwhile we also opened up trade relations with the Aramean and Hebrew Kingdoms to the south.
Due to this contact we learned of a new religion called Judaism.
It is a strict religion, with the worship of only a Single God.
Interesting as that thought may be, considering the Atenists in our Empire, we cannot convert to their faith even if we tried, they explain to us that you cannot simply "become" a Jew.

In other news, the Dark ages in Hellas have ended and the Myceneans have split into dozens of City-states.
These city-states each come with their own distinct culture, but they all speak the same language.
(Note: Technically we should call them the Hellens, because of geography n-shit, or the Greeks because that's our IRL word for them that we got from the Romans, but I decided we just keep calling them the Myceneans, because that's what we met them as.)

These Mycenean city-states have adopted our writing system, with some translation errors.
Due to these Errors, their writing looks distinctively different from ours.
Thus the (Greek) Alphabet is born.

We managed to open trade relations with Carthage, thanks to us finding them.
Meanwhile our colonies have developed a different dialect from ours, due to them merging their speech with that of the locals.

How will we proceed?
>>
>>143587
Have you ever tried to get on a horse with no stirrups? Or worn a heavy suit of armor? Because I have, and I can tell you the average soldier would not be able to do both.

You don't "just put da dude on da horse lol", the man actually has to be able to get himself up on top of the fucking horse. There's a reason heavy cavalry and horse archers weren't a thing until the stirrup. With how heavy you are in armor, the extra stability the stirrup provides is completely essential, not to mention the actual act of pulling yourself up on a fucking horse. These aren't Belgian draft horses, but they aren't fun-size Mongol horses either.

Imagine a midget wearing full combat gear trying to get himself up into a suspended pickup truck with no step or decent handholds, while it's moving around. It's not impossible, but it certainly isn't practical, particularly when you said you wanted to use the Palasu in the front (you also can't really use light cavalry up front, at least not in established convention).
>>
>>143825
easy there m8
I know damn well it's unstable as fuck, but trust m when I say , getting up on the horse isn't the problem, just staying up there.
And yes, this retarded idea is a result of 200 years of peace.
You can't win every fucking time, so I have to put some kind of limitation on our troops, before we become too overpowered.

I mean consider the description of our heavy infantry for a moment.
If that sounds in any way familiar to you, it's because they're straight up roman legionares.
>>
>>143895
I only swear for emphasis, I'm not so autistic that I get enraged in a discussion on the effect of technology on cavalry usage.

>And yes, this retarded idea is a result of 200 years of peace
Ah, I hadn't considered that. Nice.

>because they're straight up roman legionnaires
I did notice it, I was just willing to ignore it because muh gladius.
>>
uh guys

some new decisions would be nice
>>
>>143895
Actually they look more like

> guy on right
>>
>>143740
can we still speak to our goys?

I rate we trade with the greeks

and plot against the jews
Also lets try get to italy. Rome should be up. Lets start an early trade so we can be big allies so they don't invade us
>>
>>144200
uhm, have we extended our library with the books about the new domesticated animals? We should maybe even set up a team to research the animals to gain even more knowledge about them so that we can add that to the library too.
>>
File: Soldier.png (26KB, 846x673px)
Soldier.png
26KB, 846x673px
>>144226
Well no to be honest.
It's a close guess but this is what they looked like in my mind (best drawing skills EU)
>>
>>144245

Maybe set up a institution dedicated to higher learning/research for various fields of study, some sort of proto-university.
>>
>>144245

I second this. We need to focus on our strengths, especially since we just acquired Indian elephants, with possible new mounts to come.

However, I'll add on top of that the actions of:

1. Expanding our borders east.

2. Learning more about these Greek factions.

(I think the best move to do with Greece is help one faction conquer the rest, thus creating a perma-friend)
>>
>>144373
seconding this also can we add aid the small roman city now. They are fighting the etruscans.
and we get another perma friend
>>
>>144373
I second these two extra actions as well, especially the getting to know the Greek factions better and trying to secure an alliance with them so we can help them conquer the others if needed.
>>144258
Yeah that sounds nice, obviously any kind of scientific centered building like that would be in our capital.

But I have been wondering, how is our religious development going, have there been any connections between our religion and the newly domesticated animals?
>>
>>144373
>>144419
>>144426
We could do one better, offer some Greek king the friendship and protection of the Enki, in exchange for a "very reasonable" tribute of taxes and manpower. And their territory would be drawn as part of the Empire on maps, of course, "purely as a formality".

Essentially, we're already using the Persian-esque "king of kings" title, let's act like it.

>>144419
Do the same with Rome, make the representatives of the 300 families the client rulers of a comfy Latin vassal/province.
>>
>>144623
The reason we use the King of Kings title, has multiple reasons , that are subtly hidden in previous posts.

In the early days of the Empire, when we conquered Neo-Sumeria , we instated a system of administrators similar to that of IRL Rome.
And each Administrator was titled "King" in his own right (though in Sumerian so no one could tell) so then I went and renamed the ACTUAL King to Enki - "King of the Earth" and modified the usage a little to "King of Kings"

This btw, isn't exclusive to our King title either.
in Egypt "Pharaoh" originally meant Palace, and they just extended the meaning to also mean "King" in the sense of a guy sitting in a palace.
>>
>>144623
>>144661
In addition to that, I would like to inform you that I intend to change the "King of Kings" title, to Emperor , by using another , more formal version of the Sumerian word "King"
a word that will LITERALLY mean King of Kings, and not just by extended meaning.
>>
>>144623
Lets not make rome a puppet state... They will get extremely powerful. Lets be BFFs
>>
>>144373

This all sounds like a good idea

>>144682

This would be amusing
>>
>>144682
Well guys since you're voicing concerns already, let me clarify some things.

We can throw the time-line way out of whack early, or we can do it late.

throwing it out of whack early will completely remove the western world from the game, there will be no Greece , no Rome , none of our favorite Germanic or Slavic Empires (i.e Britain / Germany / Russia)
and I will have to bullshit up something completely new, which will take much longer than it already does.

So as a very impactful side-vote , I'd like to ask you

Do you want to Preserve the Western World as we Know it? Yes or No?

Yes means I will ignore votes that endanger our development.
No means I will just continue on as we have so far.

In addition - if you vote yes I will tell you some Major happenings that lead to us existing in the first place, things we may not change the outcome of.
>>
>>144703
>Do you want to Preserve the Western World as we Know it?

yes
>>
>>144703

Yes.
>>
>>144703
Yes

I would prefer a timeline close to ours.
>>
In that case guys
here are a few things we MUST let happen.

We must be conquered by Achaemenid Persia.
We must become a Hellenistic Kingdom
We cannot interfere with Greece until Rome conquers it.
We cannot interfere with Italy until the Great migration (aka fall of West-Rome)
We cannot stop the initial Islamic conquest.
We cannot wipe-out Islam before the 15th century.
We cannot stop the Mongol invasion.
We cannot conquer Spain until the 18th century.
We cannot conquer France until the 19th century.
We cannot conquer Russia until the 19th century.
We cannot colonize North-America.

These are the bare minimum requirements for the Western World to exist in any way shape or form.
>>
Anything else we can gladly mess around with.
We could theoretically invade Norway and colonize the Vikings, without it impacting the timeline too badly.
The only outcome that would have, would be England not speaking English, but rather Anglo-Saxon.

just as an example.
>>
>>144712
i change my mind to no
>>
>>144747
any specific reason?
>>
So we can't be allies with rome if I say yes?
Also we can't prevent fall of West rome?
>>
>>144749
>We cannot wipe-out Islam
We must become a Hellenistic Kingdom
We cannot stop the Mongol invasion.
We cannot stop the initial Islamic conquest.
>>
>>144750
Also we can't prevent fall of West rome?

yeah we cant
>>
>>144750
We can prevent the fall of west-rome
we can also be allies with rome.
We can also colonize gaul.
All of that under the condition we don't invade Italy or France once the Franks conquer Gaul.
>>
>>144703
My vote is No. I kinda what to leave more things in the dark.
>>
>>144757
>>144750
To specify on the fall of west-rome for a second.
The reason we can prevent it is because , the great-migration RESULTS in the fall of west-rome.

and since they're directly happening after each other, they're counted as the same event , but we can still fuck with the out-come and save west-rome.
It's all a matter of timing whether we fuck up the rise of the west or not.
>>
>>144732
Now I'm also leaning more towards no, I would have liked for us to set up an empire and keep it alive until somewhere around the mongol conquests (we can't just always win)
Is there any way we can 'replace' Achaemenid Persia in our timeline (by becoming them/doing their actions) instead of being annexed by them?
>>
All of the conditions are very specific , if you get into the details , we still have a lot of room to fuck around in.

>>144768
Yes we can become Persia, even if we follow the Rise-of-the-West restrictions, by staging a coup for instance.
Or we can rebel, and conquer Persia in the process, becoming Persia ourselves but with our Culture and Language.

I personally have a thing for certain restrictions, because they encourage thinking of creative ways to work around them.
>>
As an example , let's take Islam.

We cannot stop their Initial conquest , and we cannot kill them off completely until the 15th century.

What that means is , middle-eastern holy sites of christendom and Spain, must come under Islamic control no matter what.

When the crusades hit however , we can participate in large-scale conquest against Islam, what we cannot do however is remove the faith entirely, because we need them as antagonists until Colonization begins.
>>
With the possibility of work-arounds in mind, do you still want the West to never exist?

If that's the case, I can live with that, it's just going to be harder on my end.
>>
Oh and btw , next update will be in a new thread, this one Saged already.
>>
>>144794
>do you still want the West to never exist?

yes
>>
>>144794
It's fine. The Native Americans could rise into a different power house.
>>
>>144794
I like the idea of having to think creatively to solve the restrictions that will we laid upon us, so I'm voting yes.
Also, we're playing this because we want to have a civ set in our world, without the correct development of the west it probably won't feel like our world anymore.
>>
>>144806
So that is a vote against the West I assume?
>>
I honestly wish I could vote myself right now.
I mean I can, but that's not fair game, now is it?.

:(
>>
>>144816
It truth I'm 50/50 on what I want to do. Both paths have a different enjoyment for me. I guess I will changed to backing keep the west and see where we take this.

>>144829
Nothing wrong with suggestions.
>>
>>144842
Well in that case we have a tie.

2 pro West
2 anti West

primary difference between the 2 is

Pro-west will require more creativity from you guys
While Anti-west will require more creativity from my side.
>>
>>144852
I vote, The one where West rome lasts aeons
>>
voting pro west
>>
>>144864
>>144866
>wanting to be islamic
>>
>>144870
>West rome is islamic

I will burn islam. Our country will never be islamic
>>
>>144870
Also
>implying rome is germany
>>
>>144870
Well if we expand in areas that the First Caliphate didn't conquer, we could avoid getting completely conquered. Since OP's restrictions mean we can't stop the Islamic Invasions but that doesn't mean we have to be conquered.
>>
>>144881

>>144732
>here are a few things we MUST let happen.
>We cannot stop the initial Islamic conquest.
>We cannot wipe-out Islam .
>>
>>144888
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mohammad_adil-Rashidun-empire-at-its-peak-close.PNG
>>
>>144893
So we can survive in India that is if our colonies don't collapse without the main economy of the Empire
>>
>>144912
>>
>>144912
>>141456
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Umayyad750ADloc.png
>>
>>144941
I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me.
Is it that Egypt collapsed without trade? Well our colonies will have access to trade with India so I don't think they'll have a lack of trade.
>>
>>144960
what does the colony trade?
Maybe products from our empire
Is the empire still there.. Nope
>>
>>144977
I see what you mean.
>>
>>144994
The colony sells our products
Without the rest of the empire there is no products
>>
>>144885
THE SPANISH INQUISITION
>>
>>144852
Well, when you say that we can't stop the Islamic conquests, that pretty much necessitates we get annexed, yeah? Even our Indian colonies were in the hands of Islam when all was said and done.

>>144888
So, we survive in Ethiopia, the Caucasus, and southern India? Great.

>>144893
I'm not sure whether OP meant the initial Islamic invasions that created the first Caliphate, or just "the Islamic invasions". Because the second one would include Iberia, the Balkans, Turkestan, the Northwest third of India, much of the Pontic coast, and Africa up to just below the Sahara.
>>
that was quite heated.

So to answer everyone's questions.

Our Colony COULD potentially survive , not by trading with India , but trading with the muslims , because our colony has Ivory and Wood.

Also as we are right now, we only hold 1 (future) holy site of Christendom , which is Antioch (Tutankaia), so with that only a fraction of our Empire is subject to Islamic expansion.

The only things that MUST fall under Muslim control in the Rise of Islam, are christian holy sites in the middle-east, that's it.

The timer on killing Islam is because Spain.

with that said , this is an overwhelming pro-west victory.

Update coming soon in next thread, get ready for it, it will be there by tomorrow!
>>
>>145195
Well I'm referring to specifically the first Caliphate AND Iberia , those are the only things we gotta let slip.
No one said we have to be conquered, only that Christianity has to be endangered, otherwise ya know , no crusades, no reconquista and most importantly - no columbus.
>>
>>145212
Can we conquer the Persians and become the Parthians?
>>
>>145212
I realize we're taking liberties here, but even so Mesopotamia kinda has to be in Islamic hands.

But I like the idea of fucking off to the East for a while and conquering the Persian/Turkic nomads, ruling over them but trying to keep our cultures separate like a weird Sumerian reverse Yuan/Qing. We'd have to deal with Slavic, Hunnic, Mongol, and other misc. tribal incursions, have fun with the Silk Road, and a bunch of other stuff, all while being out of the way of the things that need to happen in Europe and the former Roman empire. But you're the OP, I'm just /his/-/tg/ fusion sperging.
>>
>>145245
No one wants another carrhae
>>
So I come back and have two thoughts:

1. Does being Pro-West mean I can't help Sparta conquer the rest of Greece, using them as an insane ISIS puppet?

2. Why is Islam being brought up? We, and most of our friends, worship a single, non-Abrahamic or Eastern god.

We're not the future of Islam guys. We're the rise of Zoroastrianism.

Our people do not bow down to any Levantian faith.
>>
>>145688
we have a pantheon
>>
>>145707

Most of our people worship a vague "Sun God".
>>
>>145714
>>128583

>we have adopted Aton - the Egyptian Sun God whom a sizable minority in the Empire is worshiping - as a deity in our Pantheon as the God of Iron.
>>
>>145688
>Does being Pro-West mean I can't help Sparta conquer the rest of Greece, using them as an insane ISIS puppet?

yeah you cant
>>
>>145729

dawww, wish I could've voted.

Oh well, I'll make puppet of someone else.
>>
>>145688
To my understanding, what he is saying is that since European culture was heavily influenced by the existence of the Greeks, Romans and Islamic faith. We can't destroy them, at least with out making what we know as western culture less likely, or even impossible, to occur.

For instance, if we eliminate Islam, then there is no large enemy for Europe to unite against, to provide a dangerous enemy, to conquer Spain plus northern Africa (which is required to also experience the reconquest by Spain).

It means that Venice won't gain as much trade influence, seeing as they pretended to trade with the Muslims to sneak out holy Christian relics and such. This fact being displayed in a large cathedral in Venice.

It means that the writings of the Greek scholars won't be preserved in Islamic lands for Christian scholars to gain hold of. Assuming of course we were to destroy or never gain those scripts.

Another example would be the Romans, should we destroy them then so much goes wrong;

1) Most of Europe continues to squabble and remain very isolated along "tribal" and clan lines.

2) They never take the languages of Greek and Latin to be used as the languages to use for the writing of scientific or holy texts.

3) They remain a entirely or at least mostly non-Christian region.

4) Europe would probably get decimated by the arrival of the Mongols, assuming we didn't also stop that.

We have already screwed with history, the question is; do you want to have to wait to expand our empire in a meaningful way or do anything fun? Do you want to have to avoid an entire region just so France and such can exist?

Cause i sure as hell don't
>>
>>145743

Agreed. I'm very much anti-west.
>>
>>145743
Honestly, I think we should help Rome and Christianity expand, and save the knowledge that is lost at different times.
>>
>>146494
We should send an expedition to Egypt to recover their scrolls and shit.
>>
>>145743
I see your point. Though one of those things, the writings of Greek scholars being preserved, will probably happen in our lands regardless if Islam rises or not.

Personally, I think it would be fine if Europe as we know it didn't exist the alternate history we're playing. It's alternate history, do we need to follow the timeline? If anything I think it feels weird saying that "this WILL happen, and regardless what we do we can't change it".

I know I should have said something earlier when this was being decided, but I wasn't around and felt I had to give my two cents even if after the fact.
>>
New thread is up.

>>147067
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.