[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Apocalypse Quest Pt4 (now with less child-killing!)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 18

File: FAQ_3.jpg (327KB, 1536x933px) Image search: [Google]
FAQ_3.jpg
327KB, 1536x933px
Previous thread: >>120796
Pastebin pt3: http://pastebin.com/CwQGRXf6
Pastebin pt2: http://pastebin.com/pVDaw1sr
Pastebin pt1: http://pastebin.com/T6ntkRnS

Summary:

>From the journal of Long Beard Rimil Furi, Archelogist:

In this place, the light-keeper rested, and to the west, from the road whence I
came, he traveled and met with a girl we now know as Dolly [1].

Most records indicate Dolly and the light-bearer were initial companions, but I
believe there was a confrontation of sort at their first encounter. Conditions
in those times would not have been conducive to easy friendship [2].
Regardless, we do know that when they left the farmhouse west of the road,
Dolly and the light-bearer were companions. According to the so called "Longest
Beard of Scholarly Skill", Thudir, the light-bearer and Dolly were helped by a
man named Bert [4]. This is mere speculation on Thudir's part; it is far more
likely that the light-bearer was found by the demon Arnaut and taken into his
care.

Unlike, Thudir, I place no merit in anecdotal evidence from second and third
hand accounts and to do so unabashedly as Thudir has done, is a disgrace upon
the title of the "Longest Beard of Scholarly Skill". As of yet, no hard
evidence has been found indicating that this Bert existed, let alone helped the
light-bearer. While on the topic of separating fact from fiction, I'd also like
to bring to attention the preposterous idea of the light-bearer having an
animal companion, namely a cat, no evidence of any such companion has been
found and certain contemporary archaeologists would do well to stop forwarding
such foolishness if they wishe to keep their credibility.

(There are some missing pages here)
>>
...the demon Arnaut was then killed at his home, fulfilling his transformation.
The light-bearer is then believed to have escaped the demon by fleeing into the
forest[5]. There are some accounts that he was attacked by bandits in these
woods[6]. I have checked into these accounts and they prove to be credible.
However the theory which our laudable (laughable rather) Long Beard Thudir,
proposes, namely that of the infliction of horrific violence against these
bandits at the hands of the light-bearer himself, is not only a gross slander
but also religious sacrilege. Perhaps the council will reconsider Thudir's
title next season, on account of such heretical nonsense. My research has shown
that the light-bearer lost Dolly to the bandits in these woods -- yet another
lash upon his already scarred back -- but rather than inflict violence, he
imparted mercy, forgiving them their sins and suffering himself, in their
stead. It was in fact, Dolly's father, (whose name remains unknown even today)
that eventually rescued Dolly and killed her assailaints. Once again I urge the
council to reappropriate the title of "Longest Beard of Scholarly Skill" come
next season to a more sensible candidate.

The light-bearer most likely went north to meet with the Seer, Quendru, the
Forever-Pregnant. There he recieved council - (the rest of the pages are
missing)
>>
Should I continue writing full summaries back from the beginning or just summarize the most recent thread? Also let me know if the summaries are getting to the point of "tl;dr" (I could always just do greentext-style summaries if necessary, but its fun to mess around).

New update in a few hours.
>>
>>142483
Oh boy! We god emperors now.
>>
>>142520
Oh an keep the full summary for at least the next thread.
>>
These seem like dwarf names. Do we get the dwarf companion I've been asking for? I'm hyped for dwarves.
>>
>>142520

So far you hit the summaries spot on if you ask me. They were all different and entertaining in their own way. As for length, the latest chapter should suffice. It's all up to you though if you feel like writing a more complete summary. I sure enjoy reading them.
>>
>>142636
I like writing them out because it gives me a chance to try different styles, forms etc. I'm just worried it might alienate newfags because they have to read a text-wall. But at this point, I think we have a steady number of players anyway, so it doesn't matter. I'll write the full summaries.

>>139076
"Nigga you know you ain't a mage, why you frontin'? No, nigga, you do not have any magic power. What bullshit you pulled back then, was probably black magic shit, and I don't ever fuck wit dat shit."

You:
>Ask another question (just list them out)
>Get some sleep
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You feel intense euphoria (+3). You are hungry. You are tired.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Animal Processing (Novice)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Bone Leather-working Tools
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment
Orc-skin Tunic - A, green, full-body robe made of the skin of Orcs. Disgusting, but surprisingly warm
Wool Hat - A thick wool hat. Itchy but keeps your head moderately warm.
Leather Boots - Thick leather boots. Waterproof and cold proof.
Steel Gauntlets - Gauntlets of beaten steel. Somewhat heavy, but offers great protection

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>142753
We need sleep if we're going to catch up with loli.
>>
>>142836

Well guess another roll won't be needed. Sleep it is then.
>>
>>142482
God damnit, the dog isn't going to survive this, I just fucking know it.
>>
>>142753
In my, albeit limited, experience with /qst/ so far, a wall of text in the OP is the #1 deterrent to trolls, who stick to short summaries because they are lazy. If your summaries were shorter, we'd be getting people in here rolling to rape the loli or jack off at inappropriate moments, trust me.

Not that I'm saying silly troll quests aren't amazing and I don't also partake in them, just that we need to separate them from the more serious quests, and walls of text in the OP are the easiest way to do it.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>142836
Rolling for this I guess.
>>
>>142836
You sleep and dream strange dreams. Four hands and yours among them. An all corrupting darkness and an iron chill. A hooded woman with burnt hands. You know those hands! You know those hands! You reach for them -- you open your eyes.

Dawn breaks over the forest. You hear something snap behind you. You reach for your staff.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you" A velvet voice, honey and malice dipped together. "No, no, stay down. This will all go easily if you just...stay down." You lie still. A woman emerges from the wood, a bow pointed at your lying form. She walks quickly your right side and rolls the staff away from your hand.

She wears armor you have seen before: the shining raiment of the Templars. You cannot see her face beneath her helmet, but her red hair and her voice and (you must admit) her figure give her sex away. "Mages and their little toys, truly troublesome." She leans over you and inspects your face "Hmph, rather handsome for a mage...but I suppose there's a first time for everything." She withdraws her bow and unsheathes a long knife. She brings it to your neck, jutting the point against your adam's apple. "I'm going to ask you some questions mage. You answer truthfully, hmm? And maybe, just maybe, I won't slit your throat...alright, good boy. First question: Where did you get that horse?" She releases some of the pressure so you can talk.

You:
>Tell her the truth (which is what?)
>Tell her a lie (tell her what?)
>Stay silent

>Status
You are very hungry. Adrenaline flows through you.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment
Orc-skin Tunic - A, green, full-body robe made of the skin of Orcs. Disgusting, but surprisingly warm
Steel Gauntlets - Gauntlets of beaten steel. Somewhat heavy, but offers great protection

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
File: 1351893073548.gif (2MB, 251x185px) Image search: [Google]
1351893073548.gif
2MB, 251x185px
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>143236
>tfw templar hordes were semi-real
Fuck you OP, you did this specifically to taunt me.

Tell her the whole truth, and ask if she has a truth seeking spell to prove it or something.
>>
>>143236
>Tell the truth
We used her money to buy it
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>143236
Tell the truth
We're not a mage, Arnaut tested us, and so can she
>>
File: Jane.jpg (104KB, 636x960px) Image search: [Google]
Jane.jpg
104KB, 636x960px
>>143271
(We're gonna keep going because I've been having a great day and I'm feel like staying up a bit to post)

"Truth-seeking spell? Hahaha! How positively ludicrous! Templar's do not use magic, mage, it would defeat the purpose. No...(she removes a glove, revealing a snow-white hand) I only need this (she gently touches your wrist with her forefinger)...now then, where did you get that horse?" You tell her. When you mention Arnaut's name, she stands up. "You know my Arnaut -- ahem -- that is, Knight -- Sir -- Lord Arnaut?" You nod. "So that is his horse?" She walks over to it and touches its head cautiously." You take a chance and sit up. She turns back and takes off her helmet. She is beautiful. Not a simple attractiveness, but true, simple, beauty. The kind beyond analysis or argument, the kind which might unfold in a sunset or a starlit sky, the kind your wife had, once. You swallow. She walks over to you, kneels. She looks at you, slightly blushing. "What was he like? Arnaut? That is, I mean, Lord Arnaut, what was he like?" You tell her the truth. You finish your story. She pales. "No...no you're lying!" She grabs your wrist. "Tell me again! Tell me!" You tell her. Her face falls. "No...nooo..." Tears well. "I came too late? My Arnaut..." She sobs.

You:
>Inch toward and then grab, your staff
>Console her
>Remain silent
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are very hungry.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>143315
Point out that you didn't see his armor in the wreckage and it could hardly have crawled off on its own, he's probably alive.
>>
>>143333
Also tell her you need to find breakfast and would she mind letting you get on with that? You can talk more later.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>143315
Tell her that he made a vow to return to us, leave out the reason why so she doesn't kill us immediately, and that we never saw his body. Ask if she can help us find our loli.
>>
>>143342
"Truly?" She wipes her eyes. "Yes. Yes...you are right. My Arn- ahem - Lord Arnaut would not die so easily. Nor is his word to be taken lightly...As for this girl...I have seen her." You stand, your heart beats faster. "Yes, she was with a man, a savage, by his looks, but the girl did not mind. Who is she, to you? Family? ...ah, I see. Well it was only two days since I saw her, she was heading south along the road toward the Sundered Peaks, perhaps trying to seek refuge with the Elves...you say Lord Arnaut seeks to return to you? Then you were friends?" You swallow. You nod. "Very well. Then I shall travel with you, mage -- pardon, you not a mage are you? What are you anyway? A farmer? A peasant then? Very well peasant. I shall accompany you to Lord Arnaut. My name is Jane Cece Joyce, you may call me Jane."

You:
>Ride onwards
>Hunt for some food
>Forage for some food
>Ask Jane some questions (list 'em please)
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are very hungry.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>143437
Let's book it to our loli, after finding some black berries or something that we can carry in the pelt scraps.
>>
>>143437
>Hunt for some food and examine Jane's equipment
You posted a picture of her on a horse, is she mounted? What type of weapons does she use? Ask her if she knows anything about hunting/fishing/trapping.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>143468
Forgot roll
>>
>>143472
>>143468
She is not mounted, that's your horse. She only has a bow, made of Yew with strange runes on its surface. She tells you it was passed down to her from her grandfather. With her bow she has never missed a mark. She brags to you about a time she shot a drop of dew from a flower petal while blindfolded.

She also has a knife, though its more like a short sword given its size, which she uses for weed-whacking and butchery.

As a Templar, she was trained in survival. Fishing is not her forte, but she can forage, hunt and trap about as well as an expert. You go with her to hunt. You watch as she finds tracks in less than twenty minutes, in under an hour you have a dead elk. You carry it back to your camp. You watch as she skins the animal with quick, controlled expertise, wasting no part of the pelt or meat.

You build a fire and roast the meat over the flame. You eat heartily (she, with more vigor than you expected). She takes out a small pouch with white dust and sprinkles it onto some of the meat. She then throws the rest of it out. "You won't have any room for it anyway, the less weight, the faster we can get there."

You:
>Ask her about Arnaut
>Ask her about something else (list 'em)
>Ride onward
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are healthy.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>143519
WHY IS SHE ON MY FUCKIN HORSE
woman!

>Ask her to teach you how to make rabbit snares
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>143519
Let's go after >>143525
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>143519

How about some tips on using the bow. The one we have now is still pretty useless to us.
>>
>>143519
So we have questionable black magic? We haven't bothered to check that out yet?
>>
File: Rabbit Snare.jpg (90KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
Rabbit Snare.jpg
90KB, 728x546px
>>143525
"It's simple enough peasant..." She shows you how to tie the proper knots, set up the trap and place it in areas likely to catch something.

Her instruction is clear and straightforward and you learn quickly.

You:
>Ask her about Arnaut
>Ask her about something else (list 'em)
>Ride onward
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are healthy.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Trapping (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>144451
We have tried several times to both do magic and ask Ebony about it, to no results.

>>144612
Ride onward while asking her what she knows about the source of the apocalypse. We should figure out if anybody's onto us.
>>
File: 1366344619585.gif (30KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1366344619585.gif
30KB, 100x100px
>two 19's in a row
this quest is my bitch
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>144612

Damn it, still want to learn a bit of archery from her. Com on nat!
>>
>>145138
>Second 2 in a row

Welp!
>>
>>144683
You mount the horse, she sits behind you.
"Hmm, I suppose its not a story you peasants would know. Political intrigue at the capital does not reach the isolated country." She pauses. "You've seen Lord Arnaut's face, correct?" You nod. "Then you know of his lineage." You nod. "Then you know he is, or was, the heir apparent to throne of these lands." You almost fall off of the horse. "I guess not. Well, that is who Arnau- ahem - Lord Arnaut, is -- or was -- before he let go of all titles and joined the Templars.

I do not know why he joined the Templars. But I know that his brother...did something to him. I think he tried kill Lord Arnaut, only it didn't work.

Well, anyway, what's this got to do with our current predicament? Well, Arnaut's brother has ambitions beyond what mere mortals can imagine.

Arn--Lord Arnaut told me a story about his brother once, I...still do not know the exact truth of it, but now I am beginning to believe." She pauses, collecting the threads of the story. "Gerve was only 11 the first time his father, the Late King Labertz tried to kill him. Even at that age, Gerve showed exceptional ability in all that he did. He was a true genius, greater by far, than his father. He had a particular taste for military strategy and spent most of his time in the war-room, listening to the chatter of generals. But King Labertz was afraid of Gerve, in part out of envy of his excellence, in part because of his own greed for the throne. He thought that Gerve would force him off of the throne as soon as he came of age. So...he tried to have him killed. He was discreet at first: poison in his drink and food. It almost worked, Gerve fell ill and never fully recovered, but he soon figured out the ploy and worked to become resistant to the poison. Gerve believed there was a traitor in the king's court. He did not suspect his own father, because Gerve loved his father (or so was I told by Lord Arnaut). When Gerve was 13, King Labertz hired assassins to have him killed. Gerve had anticipated such a move, after the poisoning, and had already prepared a double, also an assassin, who captured the assailants and forced them to reveal the identity of their employer. Gerve was crushed. And in his rage and pain, in the realization that his own father sought to kill him and give the throne to his younger brother -- then only 4 years of age -- he snapped. I do not know what happened after that, but Arnaut was hurt terribly at his brothers hand. The King was assassinated in his sleep and Gerve immediately took the throne.

It is Gerve who has done all this. He is no longer satisfied with his mortal flesh.

He wishes to be a god. And...as you might expect, the gods do not look kindly upon such matters. Anyway, it is what I have heard from Lord Arnaut. Although...sometimes I think there is much more he did he not tell me. But he will tell me when I find him." And she nods with finality.
>>
File: 1318425808119.gif (363KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1318425808119.gif
363KB, 480x270px
>>147305
>>
>>147305
Why would his brother try to kill him? He's no threat to the line of the throne, religious orders give up all claims to titles.

PLOT HOLE.
>>
>>147571

I don't know about you but it makes sense:

>Be genius with ambitions of power at a very young age
>Father tries to kill you since you're a threat even if he was the last person you expected it from
>Be disappointed and enraged so try to kill him and your little brother that your father wanted on the throne instead

It makes perfect sense mate.
>>
>>147571 this: >>147594
but also:
>Well, that is who...Lord Arnaut, is -- or was -- before he let go of all titles and joined the Templars.

Meaning he joined the Templars after his brother tried to have him killed (at which point his brother was already king). Actually there was a part two that I wrote, but apparently it didn't post and I fell asleep before checking. New post in an hour or so.
>>
>>147305
You ride in silence for a while. "So peasant, what's your story? I'm surprised you've survived this long. You say you're not a mage, yet you wield a staff...it reminds of a me story I heard once, from my grandfather: The Four Hands and the Four Weapons."
You:
>Answer her question truthfully
>Lie
>Deflect and ask to hear the story
>Maintain silence and ride on
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are healthy.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Trapping (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>148525
Ask about the story and then tell her yours
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>148722
Sorry forgot is was out of 20
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>148525
>Deflect and ask to hear the story
Tell her nothing.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>148525

I say no harm in coming clean. Tell her we raided the mage's citadel some time ago and nicked it from there. Our memory's still fuzzy about the details though. Tell her the staff's the only reason you're still alive right now and not one of the undead yourself.
>>
>>149456
damn you and your honesty and your high rolls
>>
>>150201
>Complain after two straight 19s when I could only get straight 2s

Two shots at learning archery from a master ruined.
>>
>>150251
But now we have traps!
>>
>>149456
"I see...I'm surprised you were able to make it out of the citadel in one piece. Mages are not known for their mercy or hospitality, especially not when it comes to thieves.

As for your lapse of memory, I might be able to help with that. One of the tricks the Templars taught us, if you're willing of course...

You:
>Continue riding onward and refuse the offer
>Make camp and accept the offer
>Deflect and ask about the story
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are healthy.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Trapping (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>151473
Deflect and ask her to teach you archery.
>>
File: 1336286478499.gif (1MB, 209x180px) Image search: [Google]
1336286478499.gif
1MB, 209x180px
>>151500
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>151500

Haha, was unsure if I should push for it but guess we're safe for now. Might suffer another breakdown. Let's not make this a rollercoaster since we're still feeling good about our loli being alive.

Though now that I think about it, the dreams we keep having might mean our official daughter could be alive as well. Oh fuck it, here goes. If this doesn't go over 18 we weren't meant to find out yet. Let's ask her to help us with the memory loss.
>>
>>151744

Welp, that's that. Let's hope we aren't forgetting anything important or urgent. Huzzah for archery lessons though.
>>
>>151500
You rest as the sun sets. You set up camp. You eat some of the preserved meat. You share Jane's water.

In the morning you ask Jane to teach you archery. She agrees. She shows you how to notch the bow, how to aim, the proper stance, the proper breathing, the way to calculate distance and geometry so that your shots strike sure.

You practice until the afternoon. You don't really have a knack for it, but Jane is an excellent teacher and you learn anyway.

You:
>Continue riding onward
>Ask about the story Jane mentioned
>Ask about Jane
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are healthy. You are thirsty.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Trapping (Knowledgeable)
Archery (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>152472

Well if she's up for sharing that story then why not. Should also consider replenishing our water as well. Pretty sure Ebony would want his share too.
>>
File: 1274193668170.jpg (47KB, 264x266px) Image search: [Google]
1274193668170.jpg
47KB, 264x266px
>>152570
>Dat nat
>>
>>152586
nice nat
>>
>>152570
You search for water. You find a well a few miles down the road. Jane tells you the story of the Four Hands and the Four Weapons.
"Its an old story. My grandfather heard it from his father and his father heard it from his father and so on.

Anyway, its starts off with the gods, Samsadi and Bidu. Well, I guess you'd know them as Jore and Rostev...you know of Jore but not Rostev? How about Martom and Gyles? Ah, see, they go by many names and there are many versions of the story but in the end they are really the same thing.

Anyway, Samsadi and Bidu are brothers. Their father is Nabuma, whose domain is the sky and who causes the rains to flower -or flood - the earth. Now of the two, Samsadi was the one most favored, he was the eldest and he was well-mannered. His brother, Bidu was a unrepentant prankster and troublemaker and, if Nabuma did not outright hate Bidu, he certainly did not like him. And when the time came to assign split his domain of power to each of his sons, Nabuma gave Samsadi the domain of light, of the sun and Bidu the domain of the clouds. Bidu was disappointed, for the clouds could never gather in strength before the sun. He felt jilted and envious of his brother and so, turned his wiles and craft to a darker purpose.

As the lord of clouds, Bidu's greatest power was the ability to take any form he wished. Thus, he took the form of man and walked upon the earth and he preached a doctrine against his own brother, gathering worshipers to his own cause and growing in strength. But, Samsidu, the ever-watchful, soon realized what his brother's ploy was, and wherever his brother's worshipers went, Samsidu baked the earth upon that place, so that nothing grew and no water could be found. Bidu's people begged for rain, but Bidu could not gather clouds before the heat of the sun, and the people perished of thirst and famine.

After that, as punishment for his affront, Bidu was cursed to walk upon the earth forever, and his domain was taken by Samsidu. Bidu retained his powers of shape-shifting and from then on devoted himself to the corruption of the world goading and prodding so that the weak-willed would transgress the limits set by the gods and cause chaos to reign. In that chaos he hoped to regain what he had lost.

But Samsidu had seen through his ploy. He knew exactly who Bidu would target: the race of man, Samsidu's own creation, a race of absolute ambition and therefore...wholly corruptible. One day, he knew, someone, by the goading of his brother, would come to challenge Samsidu's godhood and that such a concentration of magical power would unleash calamities upon the world.

So Samsidu prepared. He revealed to his Seers, the Forever-Birthing-Ones, the nature of his brother and laid bare all his plans. And he told them, that when the world is plunged into darkness, four champions, four hands, wielding four weapons, would rise and defeat the great evil. A sword, a spear, a bow and...a staff." She pauses.
>>
(2/2)

"There's more to the story, but I can't really remember. Anyway, the part I do remember and what made me think of it in the first place, was that, according to Samsidu's prophecy, the wielder of the staff would be 'one unlearned, whose hands are thieving, whom I shall bless, and my mark be upon him.'. You see? The thieving part! Maybe your one of the hands! Hahahah!"

You:
>Continue onwards in silence
>Ask Jane some questions while you ride
>Other (write-in)

>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Trapping (Knowledgeable)
Archery (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)

Hope you guys aren't put off by the sudden backstory stuff, I figure its a good time since you all are rolling high or nats and just traveling
>>
>>154527
*>Status
You are healthy.

>Inventory
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>154527
Nice creation myth bro. Didn't drag too much.

>Continue onwards in silence
I've got nothing. If someone else comes up with something, cancel my roll.
>>
>>154485
*Samsadi should be -> Samsidu
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>154527

Ask her if she knows anything about pelts and if she can teach you anything if that's the case. We have some bear and dear skin we could put to some use. Also did we keep the rabbit furs or were they trashed when butchering the animal?
>>
>>154551

Also don't worry mate, it's not fun if the rolls get cancelled in favor of one or the other. Let the dice decide the path we'll take.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>154485
ask her about the mark and if she doesnt know anything ask her if she knows of anyone who knows more of it but be discreet and dont let her think that we think we are the staff
>>
>>155063

I don't really think us "thinking we are the staff" is any better than her thinking the same thing, considering she was the one that proposed it. Sure, we were told we were some important "immortal" by Old Quendru but I doubt it sank in that much. Right now we're still prioritizing finding our loli.
>>
>>155112
true I guess but I don't think we should forget our solemn vow to fugg up evildoers tho
>>
>>154551
HERE WE GO

You think on all you have heard. Is this calamity then, not of your hands? Who then? Gerve? It makes sense. Yet...something is off.

You hear a distant rumbling. The earth shakes. You hear screaming. Its not Jane. Something explodes out of the forest, scattering trees aside. It is a forest ettin, with limbs as long as trees, his head peaks just above the treetops. He stumbles forward awkwardly, and then you know that he is already dead.

Below him you see a girl riding upon the back of a savage, muscular man. Behind her: shining mail and the flash of a black-red blade.
"Lord Arnaut!" Jane yells. The ettin bellows, shaking the trees to their roots. The horse rears back. You fall off of the horse, knocking Jane down with you. The horse gallops forward. The man with the shining mail leaps forward, you note that he has a pegleg. He leaps onto the horse and gains control of it.
"HahahaHAHAH! 'oo 'av met 'oor match today vile fiend! HAHAH!" He raises the sword high above his head and charges the toward the ettin.

The man with the girl on his back tumbles forward into the road. You get up. He sees you. The girl turns. Its Dolores.

You:
>Blast the Ettin with your staff
>Run to Dolores
>Help Jane
>Other

>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Trapping (Knowledgeable)
Archery (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
File: Forest Ettin.jpg (228KB, 1291x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Forest Ettin.jpg
228KB, 1291x1600px
>>159588
Forgot the image
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>159588
Blast the ettin.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>159588
>Run to Dolores
>>
File: 1350360126435.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1350360126435.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
also
>undead magical creatures confirmed
>>
>>159673
We don't know that it's undead. Ettins are just natural dicks.
>>
>>159791
>It is a forest ettin, with limbs as long as trees, his head peaks just above the treetops. He stumbles forward awkwardly, and then you know that he is already dead.
>>
>>159799
Fuck me, my reading comprehension is shit. The ettin shouldn't act much differently anyway.
>>
File: our dog right now.jpg (26KB, 563x563px) Image search: [Google]
our dog right now.jpg
26KB, 563x563px
>>159799
>>
>>159636
You stand at full height. The Ettin towers above you. Your dog (which fell with you) calmly sits down next to you, waiting. You raise the staff above your head and will it to destroy the ettin. "Daaaaaaaaamn nigga? What the FUCK is that thing? Nigga ain't you never heard of da expression, discretion is a the better part of staying the FUCK ALIVE? Fuck nigga! Yeah, yeah, hol' on nigga, this gon' take some time...fuckin' zombies and demons and now giant niggas. Nigga can't ever get no break wit yo' ass." The head of the staff glows pale blue. The wind picks up around you. The Ettin emerges from the forest, trees are swept aside like toothpicks. You can see the shining mail as it climbs the leg of the ettin. You can see the black-red blade jutting in and out. The ettin seems unaware.

The sky darkens around you. The wind picks up even more. Clouds gather. The ettin rears its fist back. The shining mail on its thigh now, steadily climbing, using his sword as an anchor and leaping off like a dust mite.

The sky flashes. Your staff glows brighter and brighter. "Tell that shining mothafucka to get the fuck away. NOW!" You yell out to the shining mail. You can taste the electricity in the air. The fist falls toward you. The shining mail rides the fist the down, cutting into it with his blade. The arm splits open like a watermelon. Gore gushes out, raining guts above your heads. Still your staff glows.

The shining mail jumps off the arm and rolls past you. "Do eet, black mage, do eet!" You raise the staff. The light disappears. Nothing happens. Wind from the falling fist blows you backward. Then all is light and heat and the sound which follows is as the booming voice of a god. You watch as lightning catches the ettin between its heads, ripping through the entire body and splitting it in half, burning and melting away flesh as it goes. The forest behind it erupts into flames. You are all stunned by the sound. "Thas how I roll giant nigga! 33 fucking generations nigga. Eat a bag of selected baby dicks nigga. Don't EVER be steppin' incorrect again nigga."

The carnage is enormous. The shining mail stands and brings you to your feet. "Hmph...ay could 'av 'andled 'eem." He runs to Jane, who is still unconscious from the fall, he carries her in his arms and heads down the road. The man and Dolores have already run ahead. You follow him. Your dog follows behind you.

The shining mail, whistles and waits. The black horse runs out of the forest, part of its mane has been singed. The shining mail puts Jane on the horse and you run on. It begins to rain.

After half an hour of running Jane regains consciousness and the party halts to make camp and get out of the rain.

You:
>Speak to Dolores*
>Speak to the man carrying Dolores*
>Speak to the man in shining mail*
>Other (write-in)

*What do you say?
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>160167
Speak to the guy carrying our loli. Ask him about himself and tell him about our adventurers with the loli.
>>
>>160187
The man is silent. Dolores hides behind his leg. She does not look at you. You kneel, she recoils from you. The man speaks.
"For protecting my daughter, I owe you a debt I cannot repay." He bows before you. "However, Dolly and I have both seen your...transgressions. You have blood on your hands, my friend. Therefore I must ask you to stay away from my daughter. As you can see, she fears you." Your heart squeezes. You kneel down again to look at Dolores. She hides behind her father again. You go back to the horse. You give her her pack, her crossbow. She does not take them. Her father takes them in her stead. He tells you he is sorry. That he is grateful. But that, this is the way of things. He tells you that he was ambushed by cultists in the woods and left for dead. He was lost in those woods for many days, until he found the bandits and his daughter. You tell him you already know what happened next. He is surprised. He thanks you again. He bows again. But Dolores will not come to you. She will not smile at you. Blood on your hands. And the feel of innards in your grip. You almost tear up. Almost

You:
>Speak to the man in shining mail*
>Stay silent and rest
>Tell everyone about what Old Quendru told you
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are healthy.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Trapping (Knowledgeable)
Archery (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Bear Pelt
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>160283
Tell everyone what Quendru told us.
>>
>>160308
The man in shining mail takes of his helm and you see the familiar points of focused purple. You recognize Arnaut. "So, black mage ah- I keep forgetting 'oo are not a black mage arr 'oo? Well, anyway, paisang, you deelivered the message to Old Quendru? And what did she say?" You tell him.
"To the Elves? Hmm, well we were 'eading there anyway. Did she say anything about the message itself?" You shake your head. You tell them, as best you can, exactly what she told you. When you mention the words "The darkness to truly fear...is within ourselves." Arnaut bolts up and begins to pace.
"She does not know of what she speaks. Sometimes...sometimes that darkness must be embraced. Eet ees the only way..."
"Well if the elves can protect us then that is where we must go, no?"
"Oui. 'oo and the enfant weel take my 'orse and ride ahead." Arnaut puts his helmet back on. He sniffs the air. "The concentratiang of the mageek is increasing. We must go before the anomalies become more dangereux."
"Then I want to leave immediately. There is no sense in tarrying here."
"Hmm, bon. Take my 'orse and go. We shall see each other again. Look to the dwarves beneath the peaks, tell them my name, but a 'orse of the Templar should be enough to receive passage and hospitality."
"Thank you." The man gestures to Dolores who is playing with your dog. She gets up, looks at you, then follows her father. They ride away into the rain.

"Now, paisang. I am sure Jane 'as already told you of my situationg? Of my...familee 'istoree?" You nod. "Hmm, she only knows what she 'as 'eard in rumors. But there ees some truth een all gosseep. I trust in your discretiong, paisang." He then gets up and leaves you to yourself.

You:
>Rest
>Craft something
>Speak to someone
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are healthy. You are tired.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Trapping (Knowledgeable)
Archery (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Other
Your Pack
Bear Pelt
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>160364
Ask Arnaut if because we are the staff and we are pretty much covered on magic if he can teach us the basics of melee combat
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>160484

While I would welcome the skill we are already tired and it's still fairly safe. So >>160364 let's rest now. Can't be dead tired when shit goes down.
>>
Oh yeah, auto-sage warning.
>>
>>160364
that MOTHERFUCKER TOOK OUR HORSE
>>
>>161026

That was Frenchie's horse mate, calm the fuck down. We still need to find/buy one for ourselves. Though damn it, we didn't take the money from loli's farm and threw off what we scavenged from the bandits in the bear cave. So even if we do get a chance to buy one we're flat broke.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>160364
Talk to Jane, privately, and tell her that Frenchie is using black magic. Ask if she can hear the staff too.
>>
>>161239
>squealing on frenchie
but then how will we find out his undead brother is in the basement
>>
>>161253
>Letting a trigger happy, black magic using, French, templar travel with us

That seems like a bad idea, not to mention the warning Quendru gave us.
>>
>>161111
Checked. Also just find it hilarious that your main concern in an apocalypse is whether you'll have enough money to buy a horse.

>>160679
You rest. Your sleep is easy and clear of dreams. You press forward on the road. The rest of the journey is event-less. You are never at a loss for food or drink because of Arnaut, though he must perform his magic in secret, away from Jane.

As for Jane, you recognize her eyes, as those your wife once had, for you and you, for her. She loves Arnaut. But Arnaut does not seem interested in her affection. He remains silent during the journey.

You arrive at the stone gates of Naledzig, home to the dwarves under the Sundered Peaks. The great gates open and you enter into bowels of the mountain.

There is a great bridge and high walls within. The walls glow with blue runes set in intricate patterns. There are images and words in languages you do not understand. Below you is a darkness like a well of ink, a fathomless depth. On the other side of the long bridge a stout dwarf, no higher than your hip, stands guard.

"Servant of the Righteous Order, we greet you. Slave of god to another." Arnaut bows.
"Slave of god to another." He says. The dwarf bows.
"I am named Thundu. Your people came before you and they are waiting for you. What news from the outside?"
"Darkness and calamity, my friend. I fear the situation worsens."
"Then it is as the Beard-with-no-eyes has seen. I will take you to her and she shall guide, slave of god. But now come. There is a bath ready, and food enough to fill you...and...who is this?"
"'e ees the light-bearer. Appointed by Quendru of the North." The dwarf stands at attention and bows to you.
"This slave of god, welcomes you light-bearer." Your dog walks up and sniffs the dwarf, circling him. The dwarf grows tense.
"Oh don't worry about 'im, my friend, 'e does not bite."
"Uhh...yes. Right. Come with me."
You follow Thundu through a maze of hallways and passages, you see only one or two dwarves as you pass. Thundu tells you that most of the population has already migrated through the deep-tunnels to the far south. He leads to you a barracks with large, well furnished rooms for each of you. You see Dolores playing with a child-dwarf. Your dog joins in the fun.
"Thudir! Play nice!" Says Thudu, as the dwarfling attempts to wrestle your dog.
"Yes, father. Sorry father." Thudu tussles the dwarfling's hair. "Show our guests to the dining hall when they are ready." He turns to you. "The baths are the down the hall and your left."

You:
>Take a nice soak in the bath
>Go to the dining hall
>Rest for a bit
>Talk to Thudir
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are healthy.
>>
File: Naledzig.jpg (70KB, 736x448px) Image search: [Google]
Naledzig.jpg
70KB, 736x448px
Forgot the pic again.
>>
>>161395
These dwarves make me very happy. Thanks Opie.

Bathe. I imagine that we wouldn't smell the best right now.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>161436
Forgot my roll.

Stupid fucking captcha won't load.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>161395

The last thing resembling a bath was a dip in the lake days ago so a nice bath it is.

Also we still know very little of the world so I don't want to assume the plague spread everywhere. Gold weighs close to nothing and it's useful to have around if you ask me. Now you'd of course know, but we don't, so unless we have some talks of the outside world I'll keep calling to keep the gold if we ever find any more.
>>
File: Naledzig Baths.jpg (2MB, 3604x2683px) Image search: [Google]
Naledzig Baths.jpg
2MB, 3604x2683px
>>161472
The Dwarven bath is a large high-roofed room carved out of a natural underground hot spring. The water is comfortably warm. You take a soak, letting the grime and dust of the past weeks fall away.

You hear the sound of wood on marble. It is Arnaut. He carefully takes off his pegleg, then strips his armor. His entire body scarred -- the warped and blistered flesh of a burn victim. No inch of him is without mark, except his face. You look away but he has seen your eyes. He slips into the bath. "My wounds arr a geeft from my brother...though he gave eet as punishment."

You stay in the bath for some time. Arnaut leaves before you. You join him in the dining hall where a kingly feast awaits you. You eat better than you have in many days.

You thank your host for their hospitality. Thundu tells you, the "Beard-with-no-eyes" wants to see you. You follow him. He leads you to a small, pitch black room. A voice calls out from the darkness.
"You are the light-bearer? Hmm. Yes, you have suffered much. Come."
You draw closer. A wrinkled hand touches your face. Traces the scar on your cheek. Handiwork of your daughter's dog.

In the distance you can hear the soft cooing of a baby. The voice retracts her hand. "Yes...'and he shall bear my mark upon him, my blessing, and he shall be as the unlearned, his hands thieving, and his heart grieving.'...you know these words?"
You nod. They are same as in the story Jane told you.
"Then you know who you are and what you must do." You hesitate. "I am not long for this world, soon my daughtermother shall take my place. I see fear in you...but not for yourself. You seek a haven for the girl?"
You nod.
"Hmm. But there is no such haven. The elves fled to their western kin long ago. Perhaps they knew something we do not. You will not find solace beyond the mountain. Not for many miles. And then...the darkness will catch you and you will surely, be destroyed." She pauses.
"Hmm. Your fate is clouded, untraceable. I see...possibilities, paths, divergences. But nothing is absolute. You shall be destroyed by your own hand, yet not your own hand or you shall be as...hmm...strange...strange...indeed. Hmm. Choices. Yes. Difficult ones. The final one, the most difficult. Your daughter..." You perk up. "She is the beginning and the end. The four weapons have gathered. Sword, spear, bow and you, the staff. You must go to the north, to the high tower of Kayn. You will find the one your companion has sought, the root cause of this calamity. Then, four hands in union, you shall end him, or the world, end. I can say no more."
You bow and take your leave, thinking on all that you've heard.

You:
>Rest for the remainder of the day
>Hold a meeting with the others to discuss a plan
>Other (write-in)
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

We should hold a meeting. Get all the info we can
>>
>>161353
You better not be the same guy who was so mad about me trying to kill him.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>162097
Yeah, hold a meeting.
>>
>>162822
I'm not, but that was before we got a super fucking ominous warning from a seer.

Oh and my IP might have changed..
>>
File: 1455207523006.jpg (123KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
1455207523006.jpg
123KB, 600x445px
>>163684
I CALLED IT.
Shoulda listened to Griffith.
>>
>>163710
>Trusting the guy who killed literally everyone who considered him a friend

Oh yeah, that seems like a great idea.
>>
>>163718
din do nuffin
>>
>>163721
>Refuses to fight anyone but generals that he sneaks up on
>Ruins the memorial dedicated to the original Band of the Hawk
>Made one of the only useful people in the series into a retard
>Has an army of man eating mutant monsters

Nuffin.
>>
>>162718
Thundu's son, Thudir leads you to a meeting room. A small circular room with a low table. You all sit down. Dolores plays quietly with your dog and Thudir in a corner of the room.
"So. "oo 'av all met weeth the seer. She 'as told 'oo all what was necessary to 'ear. We must now decide what path we weel take."
"I...will follow you Lord Arnaut."
"Ay am no lord, Lady Jane." Jane blushes.
"I...I don't understand. The elves-"
"They arr gone, mon ami. They 'ave fled to the west. We will find no solace beyond these mountains."
"Then what can I do? How will I protect my daughter? You told me we were heading to safety! And then this...this seer -- or whatever it is -- tells me I am the "spear"? What does that even mean? Yes, I was a soldier in lord's army, but that was long ago. I don't understand...my daughter..."
"Destiny, is irresistible."
""oo arr wrong Jane." A barely audible whisper. "'What?"
"Destiny does not determine us. We...make destiny. Mon ami, paisang -- ahem, light-bearer -- the choice is 'oors to make. But...there ees nothing beyond the mountain. 'Oo can stay 'ere. 'Ide. Boot, inevitably the darkness weel spread. My brother...King Gerve weel not stop until he 'as transcended flesh or brought destruction to the whole world. And that...ees not destiny. That ees choice."
"Your brother? The king? It was you?" The man pales. "You lied to me! You told me I would be safe and--and--my daughter." Arnaut takes off his helmet. There again that clear focus, that immutable gaze. Arnaut unclasps his gauntlet. Carefully and slowly he reveals his ruined flesh. The man watches. "My brother, the keeng..." He flexes his fingers. "When ay was only foor years old. Not old enough to understand anything. Not politics, not anger. My brother, the keeng, sold my soul to the demon, whose name I cannot utter 'ere. And I...for 6 years...was torn apart by hellfire." Arnaut stares at his hand. "Eeternal damnation. In exchange for some power. Considerable power. The starting point, 'oo see. And as the years passed, as ay burned over and over again...still ay did not understand. Even now...even now..." He sighs "And the demon told me. A boast 'oo see, an additional torture. ''oor own brother sold 'oo' he said ''oor own brother gave 'oo to me'" Your breathing arrests. Something about this is familiar. Burned hands. Where have you seen burned hands? "And still, ay did not believe. My own brother, 'ow cood I believe it?. And the demon showed me. And, I decided then, that I 'ood be the one to lay the final blow upon 'im who sold me as chattel. And ay waited and ay learned the demon's name, and we struck a deal, for a name is a thing of weakness to a demon. I 'ood be given life, again, 'ere." He pats the table. "I 'ood be given an opportunity...and power too. Yes, much power." You look over at Jane, her mouth hangs comically agape, her eyes wide, her skin flushed and pale at once. (1/2)
>>
File: Tower of Kayn.jpg (7KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
Tower of Kayn.jpg
7KB, 192x263px
(2/2)

"Power at a price. But I trained. I joined the Ordre du Templier. Though they shun me, and despise me. Ay 'av done thees, because, that ees my choice. So ay assure you, he is my brother, yes -- ay cannot change blood -- but ay shall keel 'im all the same."
There is a pause. Jane gets up and and looks at Arnaut. There are tears in her eyes. Then she leaves. The man clutches his head.
"Is there no other way?"
"Do 'oo know the first lesson of the Templar's mon ami?"
"What?"
Arnaut puts the gauntlet back on.
"The first lesson we learn ees that...sacrifice, above all else, power. Whether we sacrifice others...or ourselves. Ay weel not force 'oo mon ami, nor can anyone 'ere. Ay can promise you ay weel do whatever is necessary to protect 'oor daughter, yet even so I cannot promise she weel survive."
"Daddy." You turn. Dolores runs beside her father. Her face is determined. The dog and the dwarf-child regard her with attention. "Daddy, we have to go. We have to fight."
"Dolly -- what -- what are you saying?"
"We can't run away daddy. Not again. Not again."
"Dolly-"
"NOT AGAIN! Mommy--mommy--because..." She begins to cry. Her father holds her. There is a wait, a pause. Then...
"I will go." And that was all.

The next day you all gather your things. Thundu and Thudir bid you goodbye. You are given horses and provisions. Jane is not there. Arnaut mutters something about the bow. Then, as you're about to leave, you see Jane following behind. Her eyes are red from crying. She does not look at Arnaut.

Then you all ride to the north. To the Tower of Kayn. It is a journey of many days, yet, a strangely peaceful journey. You encounter no danger on the way there. Food and water are ample thanks to Arnaut. It is almost...comfortable. Even the weather is sunny the whole way.

And then you are before it. A tower whose tops breaches the clouds.

And yet...still, something bothers you. A half-remembered dream. Burnt hands. 'What did you do?' 'What I had to do'.

You:
>Enter the tower without hesitation
>Speak to the others
>Other

Yes, I know, huge jump in pace. But I think the quest is losing steam and I've been thinking about some other quests I'd like to try and for that reason, I want to finish this quest up. That said, the next thread will probably be the last. Stay tuned for the glorious conclusion!
>>
>>164636
>sacrifice, above all else, power
*sacrifice is, above all else, power
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>164636
Let's go inside. We don't really have anything to say.
>>
>>164636
AUTOSAGE BRO
PAGE TEN
>>
>>164805
No worries. Next post will be in a new thread
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>164636

How about we do something fun and try to collapse the tower by breaking the foundation. We are at ground level and with our staff and Frenchie's sword it might just work.
>>
>>164975
oh my god
>>
>>164975
Quest = over
>>
>>164975
Superlative kek. Alright writing the post now. We doin' this.
>>
>>164975

Haha, oh god, didn't think I'd beat that 19. My fucking sides.
>>
Welp, can't make a new post (that's what I get for trying to run too many quests at once).

So we'll just continue here, until this is archived. After which I'll repost in a new thread.

>>164975
Arnaut moves to enter the tower.
"Wait." You say. You raise your staff. This time there isn't any back talk. The staff simply does what you will it. Several of the bricks of the tower are pushed aside. One. Two. Three. Ten. The tower tips. The horses get spooked. Your dog begins to bark in a way which almost suggests laughter. You climb onto your horses go.

The tower falls. The earth shakes. The dust settles.

Everyone looks at you. "Well. That was easier that I thought." Says Jane.
"No...eet wasn't" You turn to Arnaut, but it was not him who spoke. You turn back. A tall man, with purple eyes stares back from the dust. He is holding a corpse by the throat. A woman. You feel a chill to your toes. You know that woman. He throws the woman side like paper. You know that woman.

Your mind reels.

"What did you do!" The girl with black hair is before you. Her throat is slit. Her body is burnt. The woman at the door, your wife, says "What I had to do" Her hands are burnt from the sacrifice. "You couldn't save our daughter. So I did what I had to do." And then you see your "daughter" as husk, only a shell. And you hands severing her limbs and her neck. Your wife begging. You pushing away your wife. Calling her an abomination, a heathen. And tears. And a small grave for one who had already died. Your dog licking your dirt-covered hand. And tears. And tears. And tears.

"Hmph. Good to see 'oo again, brother mine." He turns to you. "And 'oo must be the staff hmm? A nice trick. Boot I 'ad already prepared contingencies (he gestures to the fallen corpse, the body of your wife). She 'ad powerful magic. I weel say that."
""oo die today, Gerve. It all ends today."
"Such drama! Such a performance! 'Oo don't even know what 'oor talking about. 'Oo have no idea."
Arnaut charges forward with his sword. Gerve doesn't even move. The blade hits Gerve and shatters. "'Oo theenk thees ees a game? Well...eet ees, but we are the pawns. Ay aspired to sometheeng more, boot 'oo 'av ruined even that." He sighs and shakes his head.
"We know the prophecy Gerve. We are the four hands." Gerve actually laughs. A full on hearty laugh, hands on knees.
"Ahhh. Really? Is that what 'oo think? 'oo foolish enfants! Prophecy? Four hands?" He grows angry. "There 'as always been four hands. This ees a story which 'as played itself out 10,000 times, 'oo are not the first and 'oo--" There is a flash of light, time stands still. You reach out with your hands, an unseen power controls them, white light emanates from your hands, engulfs Gerve, burning his flesh away. He screams. You are pushed harder. Everything goes white. Gerve burns away.

A voice booms from above. "MY CHOSEN ONE, YOU HAVE PROVED YOURSELF WORTHY. YOU HAVE BANISHED THE GREAT CALAMITY. AND NOW, YOUR REWARD...YOU SHALL BE A GOD...
>>
>>165300
Fuck yeah mage is best class.
>>
>>165300
Your writing's gettin' kinda lazy, OPie. You definately shouldn't run multiple quests.
>>
>>165300

No choices this time? Or is that not all?
>>
Time around you stands still. All are frozen before you. The voice booms again. "THEN BEARER OF MY LIGHT, WILL YOU ACCEPT MY CHARGE? WILL JOIN THE RANKS OF GODHOOD?"
"What...what is required of me?" You can sense hesitation in the voice.
"YOU MUST LET GO OF EARTHLY ATTACHMENTS. YOU MUST DESTROY THOSE YOU CALL COMPANION." You pause.
"And if I do not?" Now you sense anger in the voice.
"THEN YOU WILL DIE."
"And they?" Again the hesitation.
"WHAT OF THEM? I HAVE SEEN YOU LIGHT-BEARER." You see yourself destroying the bandits, it plays over and over in your head, though no time at all passes.
"THAT IS RIGHTEOUS FURY. THAT IS WHAT IS REQUIRED OF A GOD. NOW I SHALL RELEASE YOU. AND YOU WILL DO AS YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE."

The light fades. Time begins to move again. The others are still in shock. Gerve is dead. Arnaut comes to you and grabs you by the collar. "That was MY keel. MINE!" He brings the shard of his blade to your neck. The others move forward but you wave them back. You are strangely calm. Settled. Decided.

You:
>Raise your staff, do as the god commanded and become a god yourself
>Accept the sacrifice, allow your friends to live and die in their stead.
>>
>>165340
sigh...yeah I know. This was my first quest and I definitely lost steam halfway through. But I learned a lot in the process so hopefully the next quest will be better.
>>
File: 1453438811887.jpg (23KB, 564x428px) Image search: [Google]
1453438811887.jpg
23KB, 564x428px
>>165389

Ask Ebony for help and fire the biggest bolt of magic into the sky as a Fuck You to the so called God.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>165426

Damn it me, roll.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>165389
That God is a dick. Fuck that guy. Call him a faggot and die with dignity.

>>165398
This was the first quest that actually captured my attention fully. I look forward to your future posts.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>165389
>Accept the sacrifice, allow your friends to live and die in their stead.
>>
File: Bidu.jpg (2KB, 97x96px) Image search: [Google]
Bidu.jpg
2KB, 97x96px
>>165433
>>165458
>>165556
You grab Arnaut's hand. He tries to resist now, his anger was only a facade. You bring the blade closer to your throat. "What--what arr 'oo doing?"
"Didn't you say--didn't you say I would die by your blade? Don't you remember?"
"No. Ay was--ay was rash. Eet was nothing. What arr 'oo doing? Let go!"
The blade is at your neck now, he cannot match your strength. "Stop this! Stop!" The blade pierces skin.
"It has to be this way...at last I can see...my Lolita..." The knife pierces through the throat. You bleed out quickly. And then, in your last and final moment, you gaze moves to your dog. And it is as if a lock has clicked suddenly into place. Your dog. The one your daughter picked. The one that favored Dolores. The one Quendru recoiled from. The one that was with you, watching you, all the way. That feeling of being dictated, controlled, even this, this very act of self-sacrifice.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE MORTAL?" The voice booms. And then a cold laughter, like the wetness of spring rain.
AAAAAAT LAAAAAAAAAST In your last moments you see the skin of your dog bubble and break like wisps of smoke...like clouds. And the god, Bidu, the shapeshifter, stands before you in his true form.

"HOW? HOW!" The voice booms.
YOU CREATED THESE HUMANS BROTHER, BUT I LIVED AND STUDIED THEM. FOR 10000 GENERATIONS I WAITED AND I PLANNED AND I LEARNED THEIR NATURE. YOU THOUGHT I WOULD CORRUPT THE MOST POWERFUL OF THEM, BUT NO, IT WAS ALWAYS YOUR OWN "PROPHET" WHOM I CAREFULLY DICTATED. CAREFULLY APPLIED PRESSURE AND INCENTIVE AND POWER."
"BUT I SAW HIM...I SAW HIM DESTROY THOSE PEOPLE! I SAW HIM!"
YOU SAW WHAT I HAD CAUSED THROUGH A LONG AND PATIENT CHAIN REACTION. A PUPPET SHOW FOR MY AMUSEMENT. AND YOUR DOWNFALL. AND NOW...I REGAIN MY PLACE IN THE STARS...AT LAST

And all fades to white and comfortable warmth.

THE END.

Well that's all folks. I really hope you all enjoyed this quest as much as I enjoyed thinking up and writing it. As it was my first quest, I'm very open to any critique or advice you guys might have. I hope you'll join me for my next story-type quest (I'm currently running this: >>162987, and I'll probably running another quest like FAQ afterwards). The writing will be 10x better I promise!
>>
>>165839
I knew somethin was up with that memedog.
>>
>>165839
So wait, what happened?
>>
>>165869
Basically your dog was the god Bidu the whole time. Carefully manipulating your actions so that Jore, who had chosen you as his "prophet" to fight against the one Bidu had supposedly corrupted (Gerve), would believe that in the end you would accept godhood in your ambition and thirst for power, allowing him to essentially enslave you and continue to reign as the supreme god.

However, Bidu knew you wouldn't do this (or rather I knew that you players wouldn't do this) so he simply bided his time, making you love the companions you met along the way so that you wouldn't kill them in the final test. And in so rejecting the god's offer and sacrificing yourself (which is the "highest power") you opened the way for Bidu to reclaim his position as true god.

Believe it or not I left a lot of hints about this throughout the story, all the way from the beginning.
>>
>>165956
Yes but why is our death the reason Bidu gets godhood.
>>
>>165997
Its a combination of the rejection of Jore's offer and the "chaos" of your self-sacrifice which creates a vacuum for Bidu fill.

Admittedly, reading back, I realize I forgot to add this part to the story that Jane told you.
But there is part:
>Bidu retained his powers of shape-shifting and from then on devoted himself to the corruption of the world goading and prodding so that the weak-willed would transgress the limits set by the gods and cause chaos to reign. In that chaos he hoped to regain what he had lost.

Chaos is what he creates by disrupting Jore's carefully laid plans. Plans which he had been cycling over and over. In other words, as Gerve hinted, this was not the first time the apocalypse happened.

sigh...all in all this is starting to feel like shitty writing, having to explain myself and all, so I'll stop here. Hopefully my next quest is more cohesive.
>>
>>166046
Well, good try, OPie.
>>
>>166046

Well if it makes you feel any better I got it from the last post but only ended up reading it now. Kind of wish I aimed for the dogge instead now.
>>
File: 1342461857473.jpg (86KB, 854x699px) Image search: [Google]
1342461857473.jpg
86KB, 854x699px
>>166119
Why? Dog's a bro.
He protected our horse that one time.
>>
>>166150

We were trapped in a game between two gods. They're both assholes so if I would've figured out it was the dogge's fault he would've gotten blasted.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.