[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Apocalypse Quest Pt3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 27

File: FAQ_2.jpg (87KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
FAQ_2.jpg
87KB, 1024x819px
Old Thread: >>94435
Pastebin pt2: http://pastebin.com/pVDaw1sr
Pastebin pt1: http://pastebin.com/T6ntkRnS

Summary:

1:13 And upon the bed our hero awoke and saw the dead rising and used the great power of his staff
1:14 And a blast of flame did come out of the staff
1:15 And the staff was called Ebony, for it spoke in the black tongue.
1:16 And the fire was too strong and it burned the whole house of him, that is our hero, and he ran and his dog with him.
1:17 Then the man and his dog came upon a well and a little girl. And the little girl harmed the man and the man the girl.
1:18 And the name of the girl was Dolores and she was like unto the daughter of the man, though daughter she was not
1:19 Then the man shewed mercy on the girl and gave her of his rations and fed her. And the girl was thankful and joined him. For she was sore afraid at the evil that now befell the land and had no protector.
1:20 Then did the man hunt deer in the forest and when he returned, the girl and his dog were in danger and he took them and ran
1:21 And the man collapsed and an old man of one leg and white hair, found him and saved him.
1:22 The old man was kind to the hero and to the girl, for he had dug graves for all those he loved.
1:23 And then did the bandits come to the old man and his home and seek to eat the flesh of the old man all that lived beneath his roof
1:24 And the hero brought forth his staff and smote the bandits. And the hero tied them up, not killing them, for he wanted to question them in the morning.
1:25 But the old man was angry at the use of magic. And though the old man was kind and merciful, still he could not allow the hero stay in his home. For he abhorred magic, with bone and blood.
1:26 And the old man taught the hero the ways of the flora and fauna. To skin meat and to find vittles in the forest
1:27 And in the morning, the dog and the hero and the girl left the old man.
1:28 And the bandits which the hero had tied up, escaped by the morning, so that the hero did not know where they were

(1/3)
>>
2:1 Then did the hero meet a knight and the armor of him was as the sunlight on the fields. And the knight said "Let me help thee, for I see you have traveled far and are of weary flesh"
2:2 And the knight took the man and the girl and the dog and brought them to his abode to rest there and to feed.
2:3 And the name of the knight was Arnaut Ambant Perre Rostan Labertz
2:4 Then did the man rest and eat and thank his host. Then did he leave again to hunt in the forest and found a bear and its cubs and smote them all with his staff.
2:5 And he skinned the beasts in the dark of the cave and dragged the skin through the forest
2:6 And he heard the name of his daughter chanted by many voices in the forest
2:7 He saw the voices come from doers of evil, and bringers forth of demons
2:8 Then he ran to the knight and the knight rode into the forest with him to fight the evil therein
2:9 And he said, "I shall kill the heathens with this blade and from the earth they shall be cut off, utterly."
2:10 And the knight gutted the evil. But the demon came forth and the man used his staff and a light came forth and killed the demon. And the light was white, as the iron when it is heated, even so, was it white.
2:11 And this magic angered him, the knight, and he said to the man "I shall surely kill thee, for thou art of the black arts and evil before the face of gods." But the knight was weak and broken.
2:12 And the man saved the knight from death
2:13 Then the dead rose again and the house of the knight was not safe anymore
2:14 And the knight said "I shall save thee and the girl and the dog. Take of me, my horse and leave me here with my sword. I shall smite evil as I breathe and I shall not die."
2:15 And the man took the girl and his dog and rode away upon the horse. And this was grievous unto him, for the knight was his companion
2:16 Then the man rode into the forest and retrieved the meat of the bears he had killed and rode until the sun had set and his flesh wearied

(2/3)
>>
>Status
Your right arm is broken. You have muscle pain.
You are exhausted. You are thirsty. You are hungry.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Animal Processing (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x0/2)
Skinning Knife
Bone Leather-working Tools
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Assorted Mushrooms and Herbs (x2)

>Equipment
Orc-skin Tunic - A, green, full-body robe made of the skin of Orcs. Disgusting, but surprisingly warm
Wool Hat - A thick wool hat. Itchy but keeps your head moderately warm.
Leather Boots - Thick leather boots. Waterproof and cold proof.
Steel Gauntlets - Gauntlets of beaten steel. Somewhat heavy, but offers great protection

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
Cloth Dress - A simple white dress which comes down to the knees. It has patterns of flowers along the waist
Cloth Shoes - Cloth wrapped and padded into a shoe shape. Offers a little more protection and warmth than some thick socks.
Cloth Bonnet - A white bonnet which covers down to the ears. Somewhat warm, but offers no protection against water or weapons.

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Pelt Sack of Bear Flesh (full)
>>
File: 1240624348523s.jpg (11KB, 251x168px) Image search: [Google]
1240624348523s.jpg
11KB, 251x168px
>And the staff was called Ebony, for it spoke in the black tongue.
>>
>>114810
>Make camp and eat some bear meat. Refill all your water containers. Attempt to convince the loli to keep watch for a while since she's rested.

You make camp and cook some of the bear flesh. You are not a good cook but the bear meat is tender and filling and it cooks well with the herbs and vegetables you found in the forest. You and Dolores and the dog eat your fill.

You ask Dolores to keep watch with the dog while you shut your eyes for a few moments. She sits with the dog on her lap and draws in the dirt. You plant Ebony in the soil. You lie down and close your eyes. Sleep comes easy. The night is peaceful and when you awake it is dawn. You fill your canteens at the lake and then

You:
>Fish at the nearby lake
>Make a more permanent shelter by the lake
>Ride onward into the forest
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Assorted Mushrooms and Herbs (x1)

>Equipment
Orc-skin Tunic - A, green, full-body robe made of the skin of Orcs. Disgusting, but surprisingly warm
Steel Gauntlets - Gauntlets of beaten steel. Somewhat heavy, but offers great protection

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment
Cloth Dress - A simple white dress which comes down to the knees. It has patterns of flowers along the waist
Cloth Shoes - Cloth wrapped and padded into a shoe shape. Offers a little more protection and warmth than some thick socks.
Cloth Bonnet - A white bonnet which covers down to the ears. Somewhat warm, but offers no protection against water or weapons.

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Pelt Sack of Bear Flesh
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>120895
Clean ourselves in the lake to reduce the chance of infection from any wounds we may receive, and then make some shitty lean-to or a small mud hut if we have enough time.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>120895

Well we have a horse, food and water, so we could bug out if we had to. I say make a more permanent shelter so Ebony can heal so we won't ride anywhere without the protection of the staff. That and our hand is still broken. Was going to try and make something for the loli from the scraps of bear/deer pelt since she needs both warmer clothes and better shoes but for now let's try and make some splints to secure your arm properly, maybe ask her to tie them around your arm if she can. We have no idea how long it will take for Ebony to heal and we must make sure the arm doesn't get worse.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>120946
Rolling for this anon, all seems in order. If we have time after the splint we should look around for some edible plants.

I wish we had a net to fish with or some trapping skill. We could set rabbit snares and have breakfast in the morning as well as some nice cuddly pelts for the girl.
>>
>>120946
Rollin another time for this
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>121226
Sorry bout that. Overchan apparently can't let me roll.
>>
>>121226
>>121234
You're not really allowed to re-roll unless it's a new idea.
>>
>>121245
Oh. Then disregard my reroll. Sorry bout that.
>>
File: Lean-to.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lean-to.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
>>120942
Whoo! The weekend is finally here and all my important finals are over. Get ready for non-stop updates!

You slip into the lake for quick bath. The water is cool. Your flesh breaks out in goose-pimples from the creeping cold. You sink down to the lake, allow the water to take you in.

You get out of the water and dress. Dolores is still asleep. You check on Ebony, its head is still broken, but you can see signs of repair. You give some water from the lake.

You start gathering tree branches, breaking them off the trees and collecting them from the ground. You build a lean-to near the lake, against the side of a tree.

It is hard work, more so, because you have never done it before and because your right arm is still broken. Dolores wakes up and helps you. Still, it takes all morning and the sun is past its zenith when you finish.

You:
>Fish at the nearby lake
>Cook some lunch
>Craft something
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken. You are hungry.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Pelt Sack of Bear Flesh
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>124589

I still say we make some splints, maybe ask Dolores to help with both making and fixing them in place. No idea when Ebony might be fixed enough to heal our broken arm so it's better we don't just leave it like that.
>>
>>124603
You use the skinning knife to strip some bark into a splint for your arm. Dolores helps you to put it on and tighten it.

It is late afternoon and the forest is quiet with only sound of wind and birds. There are still some hours of daylight left.

You:
>Fish at the nearby lake
>Cook some lunch
>Craft something
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken. You are very hungry.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Pelt Sack of Bear Flesh
>>
>>124693

I guess we need to eat right now. Did we have a fire? If so cook some of the bear meat with the mushrooms and herbs. Would be nice if we could fish, but all we could try is make fish traps and that's hard as fuck even with the knowledge. Eat bear for now and rest some more while Ebony recovers.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>124748

And forgot to roll. Also where is everyone, don't want to advance the story by myself.
>>
>>124754
No worries, your last roll was high enough to end up being the one I chose anyway, I guess I'll wait a bit now though
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>124777
>>124754
I'm here now opie and other guy, don't worry.

lets cook some of that bear meat like >>124748
said.
>>
>>124748
We could try to stretch the bear pelt over some sticks to make a rudimentary net. We wouldn't catch anything big, but we might get some fish bait.
>>
>>125023

Not really sure we can work the pelts with one hand. And if we could, we should make the loli warmer clothes and shoes out of them. Not really familiar with the tanning process though.
>>
>>125037
We don't have enough shit to brain tan the pelt. We need some salt.
>>
>>125066
It would also take a lot longer than we have so we can't really tan it, but we can let it dry and soak it in the river to soften it.
>>
>>125080
This sounds good.

Also >>125066
Now that you mention it I do remember hearing you need brains to tan it. Too bad we fried the bear's brain.
>>
>>125084
We would also need to salt-dry it for around a year if we wanted to tan it.
>>
>>125092

Damn, goes to show just how little I knew. Also fuck. Just realized we were in the bear cave but forgot to pick the coins we left there. Damn. If this really is local and we end up in places unaffected by the plague, being penniless will suck.
>>
>>125092
Anyway what we should do is cut the bindings holding the bear-bag together, hang it from the side of the lean-to, and scrape all muscle tissue from the skin, and leave it for a day or three.

Sorry if my typing is a little shitty. I'm busy watching JoJo.
>>
>>125106
>Doing anything else while watching your cartoons

Shit nigger, my autism won't let me watch anything without pausing everything else or making sure there's not a single fucking light source besides the monitor.
>>
>>125132
If you have a pocket knife or some other blade try to start sharpening them while you watch. That's how I got over my autism.
>>
>>125159

The noise would probably annoy me but anyway, ain't really a knife/blades guy in the first place.
>>
>>125175
I don't even notice the noise anymore, but if you don't like knives then I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>125017
You decide to break for lunch and cook more of the bear flesh. It tastes good with the assorted vegetables and you can feel you've improved your cooking.

It is still late noon, the sun is on its last stretch before dark.

You:

>Fish at the nearby lake
>Ride onward (or back to the farmhouse)
>Craft something
>Relax for a bit
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken. You are well-fed (+1). You are tired.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Pelt Sack of Bear Flesh
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>125203
We need to relax. We've been working too much with little to no rest recently. Maybe teach loli how to do something simple like sharpen our sword with a river stone.
>>
>>125203

Let's do as this >>125080 Anon mentioned. We can't really tan it but let's scrape the flesh and fat off it then soak it in the river while we're here. We don't have a full skin anymore but even the scraps should take a bit so let's do them now before it gets dark.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>125223

And forgot to roll. Again.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>125230
Tie breaker time.
>>
>>125235
Aw, shit.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>125235

Ha, didn't even check the result.

>Inb4 roll a 2
>>
File: Pelt.jpg (529KB, 2560x1757px) Image search: [Google]
Pelt.jpg
529KB, 2560x1757px
>>125223
You grab your skinning knife and scrape fat and flesh off of the bear pelt. Its difficult and nasty work, but the old man taught you well and you do it efficiently.

You soak the cleaned pelt in the water, washing away the remaining guts. Meanwhile you instruct Dolores to:

>Practice with her crossbow
>Sharpen her short sword
>Make some wooden bolts
>Rest
>Other (write-in)

By the time you are finished the sun is only a sliver above the horizon and the sky is pink and red.

You:
>Get some rest
>Ride onward
>Craft something
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken. You are well-fed (+1). You are exhausted.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack

>Other
Bear Flesh (x3)
Bear Offal (x3)
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
>>
>>125296
Tell her to rest. She'll have to take watch while we rest later.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>125306
Forgot my roll.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>125296

Let's go with "make some bolts" since it never hurts to have more ammo.
>>
>>125313
There is also a second decision, what do you want to do for that?
>>
>>125313
>17

Holy shit, RNG gods smile over me tonight. Also forgot to mention what to do after. Go rest first since Dolores woke up earlier and tell her to wake you up in a few hours. Not that safe leaving her alone during the night.
>>
>>125319
Opie you done updating for today?
>>
>>125568

Doubt it. Think he just took a break.
>>
>>125313
>>125321

These great rolls are keeping the danger at bay ;)

Dolores makes 5 more wooden bolts. She's getting better at handling the knife. You decide to rest in the meantime, saving your energy for the night watch. Dolores wakes you several hours later and then goes to sleep.

It rains through the night and your lean-to offers good protection against the elements. The night is cold without the fire and with the rain, but your clothes keep you warm.

Dolores however, shivers through the night. You consider putting the bear pelt on her, but it is soaking wet in the rain.

In the morning, the rain stops and everything glistens with dew. It is still a bit chilly. You build a fire to warm Dolores. You check on Ebony, the broken edges of the staff have knit together but there is still a large hole where the head should be.

Your horse looks hungry.

You:
>Fish in the lake
>Ride onward
>Craft something
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack

>Other
Bear Flesh (x3)
Bear Offal (x3)
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>125640
Look for some wild carrots or strawberries to feed the horse with.

This is a premium horse that deserves premium food.
>>
File: Assassins_Creed_10_1920x1200.jpg (434KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Assassins_Creed_10_1920x1200.jpg
434KB, 1920x1200px
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>125640
>Your horse looks hungry.
God damnit, I've been deliberately ignoring the horse hoping OPie doesn't know how hard it is to take care of them.

Now that OPie's noticed we'll be getting exhausted status and wasting whole actions taking the tack on and off every night.

Well if we're gonna take care of this horse properly, make sure to take its tack off every night and give it a blanket. Water the horse and let it graze. Make sure to brush it occasionally and rub it dry of sweat before blanketing it at night. Also check the hooves for stones. Do we know how to brush a horse without getting kicked in the face? Please say we do, that would be a really stupid way to get injured.

What season is it, OP? Is there enough grass around to let the horse graze? Since we don't have a supply of oats around we're going to have to stop a lot to let it eat. What gender/type of horse is it? Probably a warhorse, so it will have a lot of energy, not scare easily, and be a little dangerous for the loli to pet. We should name it and the dog.
>>
>>125793
Also before you say 'we don't have a blanket' it probably comes with the tack, under the saddle.
>>
File: Assassins_Creed_02_1920x1200.jpg (679KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Assassins_Creed_02_1920x1200.jpg
679KB, 1920x1200px
>>125793
Also if we want to teach the loli how to do something useful other than sit around amassing crossbow bolts, we could really use her as a squire who takes care of the horse and makes sure it's saddled in the morning and shit.
I can only imagine how hard OPie's gonna try to get us to leave our saddle behind because we're being surprise attacked by zombies. If we teach the loli how to saddle the horse, she can do that while we fight off the undead.
>>
>>125815
>Ha ha jokes on you faggot. There's a zombie doing the macarena on you saddle, you should leave it.

Opie I'm waiting for some shit like this.
>>
>>125793
If we're ever in a hurry to get to sleep, a rub-down is less important than taking the tack off and throwing a blanket on. Leaving tack on is really uncomfortable for a horse and will eventually give them blisters. Blanket is important to keep the horse from losing too much body heat during the night. We SHOULD check hooves every night, but we don't have to. Water is important. You should also tie the horse up in a way that lets it graze.
>>
>>125829
This is going to turn into Ferrier Quest isn't it.
>>
>>125835
?
>>
>>125835
OPie will probably end up glossing over most of these specifics hopefully. I'm just being a huge nerd after containing myself about the subject for days in the hopes that OPie will forget horses are living creatures that need care.
Sorry.
>>
>>125843
This quest has been full of us bitching over little details that probably won't end up mattering. I love it so fucking much.
>>
>>125852
I know right?
>>
>>125640
Oh, Opie I forgot to ask this last thread, but can you tell us about our skinning knife? We need to know if it's suited to wood carving/general tasks or if we should get another knife for that.
>>
File: Skinning Knife.png (527KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
Skinning Knife.png
527KB, 850x850px
>>125793
Update tomorrow since its getting late here.

Couple things:

>>125793
The horse is a male Frisian, characteristically black and without any armor. You are currently in a forest, there isn't much grass but there are plenty of leafy bushes. The horse is currently tied to a tree.

Finally, you wouldn't know about the proper care of a horse, but you know enough to be able to brush it without getting kicked in the head and to take off the tack when not in use. Blanketing would also be intuitive once you found the blanket and put two and two together. Rubbing it dry of sweat would not be something you'd know.

>>125887
Pic related. The short answer is its not ideal for whittling, but it will work in a pinch (Dolores has been using it to make her bolts, but don't try to make masterworks with it).
>>
>>125908

That should be a great bushcraft knife. I was thinking that it would be a necker or something else that would suck massive horsecock for whittling.

I do think that we should, however, stock up on flint. We can just use chips for minor tasks so we don't dull our knife when we don't need to.
>>
File: 220px-Friesian_Stallion.jpg (31KB, 220x289px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Friesian_Stallion.jpg
31KB, 220x289px
>>125908
>Frisian
Warhorse confirmed. Nice breed. We should warn the loli to be wary of bites, but that's a nice fuckin horse. I'll never forgive you if we lose it.
>>
>>125965
Time to kill the horse.
>>
File: 1289983301506.jpg (20KB, 427x315px) Image search: [Google]
1289983301506.jpg
20KB, 427x315px
>>125969
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

Shit, dozed off for quite a bit and woke up to some scary amount of equestrian knowledge we should have. Though I guess it turned out alright in the end.

As for >>125640
I won't say anything about the horse since I have little to no knowledge but I guess we should relocate it to a spot with some more grass if the current spot is barren.

That shouldn't take too long though so I would suggest we build one of these if we want to have any kind of luck fishing in a lake without any kind of gear. If it's too much for us then give up and go forage for some edible shrooms or roots around the camp site. Don't stray too far, take both the sword and the skinning knife with you just in case, and warn the loli to be on the lookout after you leave with the crossbow loaded.

Fuck, I hate leaving camp with a broken arm.
>>
>>125653
>>126274
Tie, both of you reroll.

This spot is probably fine in my opinion, we've already built a neat shelter.
>>
>>125908
Bit more info on warhorses in case OPie doesn't know. Not that I'm an expert on fighting from horseback, but from what I know warhorses can generally be relied upon to
>participate in fights via kicks and occasional biting
>not let people grab their bridles while someone's mounted
>not be alarmed by loud noises
>require a firm hand, they are not very docile
I'm way too hype for this.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>126303

Didn't mean move the whole shelter, but tie the horse to a different tree where more grass might be. Also here's the reroll.
>>
>>126356
>17 again
>All dat RNG luck today

Holy shit.
>>
>>126274
Its difficult to make a fishing net (because you don't know how and because your arm is broken) but you still manage to make on with Dolores' help. It does take you much longer than you thought however.

You carefully lay the trap into the lake, now it is a matter of waiting. The sun is high in the sky. You decide to forage from some edible plants and mushrooms. You take the horse with you for a ride and allow it to graze while you look around.

Your search is successful, you find some edible berries and fruit. You also find some mushrooms.

You return to the camp in the late afternoon. Dolores is patiently keeping watch with the dog.
You check the fish-trap, its empty but the bait is still there. You check Ebony, its head has begun to seal so that there are several small holes instead of one large one. The forest is eerily peaceful, almost as if the apocalypse has not yet reached it (though you know otherwise). You wonder how long you'll be safe here.

You:
>Cook up lunch
>Craft something
>Rest a while
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken. You are tired. You are hungry.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Assorted Fruit and Mushrooms (x3)
>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack

>Other
Bear Flesh (x3)
Bear Offal (x3)
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>127474
Let's make some lunch.
>>
>>127620
You make some stew using the water from the lake, the bear offal and the mushrooms you collected. The stew tastes delicious but afterwords you have a terrible stomachache. Dolores complains of stomach pains as well.

A few hours pass in agony and both of you begin to vomit. Dolores also has diarrhea in addition to the nausea and vomiting.

You:
>Sleep off the sickness
>Search the forest some medicinal herbs
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Your right arm is broken. You are tired. You have food poisoning. You are nauseous.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff (Broken)
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Assorted Fruit and Mushrooms (x2)

>Equipment

>Dolores' Inventory
Iron Short Sword
Crossbow (9 bolts)
Scraps of Doe Pelt (x2)
Full Waterskin

>Dolores' Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack

>Other
Bear Flesh (x3)
Bear Offal (x1)
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
>>
>>128214
Search for some herbs that'll make us stop dehydrating ourselves.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>128282
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>128282

Fuck fuck fuck. Shouldn't have mentioned gathering shrooms damn it. Throw out everything we got just in case and ingest some small charcoals. Let's hope the fire is still up.
>>
>>128372

Should probably make that a bit clearer. Throw out all our mushrooms. There might be others like this or just as poisonous.
>>
>>128372
IT BEGINS

You throw out your mushrooms and the berries and swallow small pieces of charcoal. Your stomach pains subside by the vomiting and diarrhea (in the case of Dolores) continues.

Night falls. The rain returns putting out your fire and leaving you in the darkness. Dolores seems to be recovering, but you are burning up. You can barely keep awake, drifting in an out of consciousness.

Footsteps and whispers amid the rain. Distant points of light, getting closer and closer. You can hear barking. A man screams out in pain and curses. Hands search your body. You can hear Dolores screaming. You reach out for the hands and grab them.
"What about this one?"
"Leave him. His flesh is sick. The girl's meat is more tender anyway." You feel the hands slip away from yours. You scream but no voice comes out. You try to stand but the dizziness is overwhelming.
"Hey, would you look at this!"
"What? Ah...bear flesh! A goodly prize. Take it."
"And the pelt?"
"No, its too heavy."
"What about that horse? Ahhhh! Fucking dog!"
A sound thud and then a whine. Then more barking. Laughter resounds. Dolores screams again.
"Shut her up will you?" Another thud, and the scream is cut short.
"Fuck the horse and fuck this dog. Let's just go."
You feel breath by your ear.
"Should've killed me while you had the chance mage. Now your dearest flesh is my dinner" You scream again but only a stifled gurgle and spit comes out.
"Hahaha. Let's go, boys." The lights disappear into the rain. Tears mix in with the fat droplets. You faint.

You gasp awake in the morning. A bad dream? You look around. No Dolores. The events of the previous night come back in snippets. Blood rushes to your head. A deep sinking feeling settles in your stomach. You scream out, curl into a ball and weep.

You dog walks over to you, its mouth is caked with dry blood. It licks your hands and face.

Not again. Not again. Not again! You get up. You grab Ebony. "Well, well, well. Look who it is nigga. Long time no bitch." The head of the staff is now fully formed. "Don't be pulling no fucking black magic bullshit this time nigga. I ain't Jesus 'namean? Can't be comin' back from the dead erry 5 seconds. Aight nigga? Aight." You point the staff at your hand. "Daaaamn nigga, how the fuck yo' pussy ass did dat shit? Aiight hol' on." You feel your bones knit back together. You break off the splint. "Nigga, listen, I still ain't feelin' too good. I mean I'm still the realest nigga whoe'r lived, no doubt about that. But a nigga feel sick sometimes 'namean? So you gotta go easy. Can't do more than three things a day my nigga. You feel me nigga? Nigga do you feel me?" You strap the staff to your back.

You:
>Mount your horse and track the bandits
>Forget about Dolores and continue on your way
>Other (write-in)

(1/2)
>>
>Status
Your right arm is broken. You are tired. You have food poisoning. You are nauseous.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Other
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
>>
>>128596
*>Status
Adrenaline courses through your veins
>>
>>128596

Wait is our arm still broken? Also what happened to Dolores' crossbow? If it's there pick it up as well as the bolts. For now we need aggility. Get everything off your horse and only take with you the staff, the crossbow with bolts if it's there, the bow with arrows, the sword and a canteen of water. Everything but the staff and the sword strap onto the horse. When ready ask Ebony if he can also do something about your food poisoning. If the dog is injured leave it there, we'll return for it. As for tracking, again ask Ebony. These should be easy enough spells.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>128790

Shit, my roll.
>>
>>128611

Oh wait, this was the updated status. Then ignore all the healing spells.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>128596
Track the bandits. We gonna melt them.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>128586
You motherfucker.
>Water the staff, fill all your canteens and begin rampage. Track bandits.
>>
File: Cannibal Bandits.png (3MB, 2125x1225px) Image search: [Google]
Cannibal Bandits.png
3MB, 2125x1225px
>>128849
You mount the horse, grab your dog and ride hard into the forest. Your dog sniffs out the scent of the bandits and the rain has left their tracks in the mud.

Visions of your daughter flash in your eyes. Not again. Not again. Not again. You chant in your head. The bandit was right. You should've killed him the first time. You won't make the same mistake twice.

The tracks lead out of the forest and onto a river. Then there are no more tracks. Your dog still picks up the scent. You put him down and ride behind him. He sniffs along the river. They must've taken a boat. You ride well into the afternoon. Then...a pillar of smoke in the distance. You pick up the pace.

You can see them. There are 4 of them. You recognize three of them from the raid on the old man. They are cooking flesh over a fire. But three of them are eating the meat already, blood and all.

You remember the bandit leader's words: "Now your dearest flesh is my dinner". You smell the daises around your neck, many of the petals have blown away, but the smell of them and by consequence, Dolores, remains.

You want to scream. You want to throw up. You want to rip out your heart and stomach and eyes. But before that...you want to hurt.

You:
>Point your staff and take them out at a distance
>Get up close and look into their eyes as you destroy them
>Decide revenge is only a heat haze and leave this place
>Other (write-in)

>Status
Adrenaline courses through your veins. You are livid (+3).

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Other
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>129840

Melt their brains from the distance. Fast, accurate, and not that much strain on the weakened Ebony.
>>
File: 1356668494002.jpg (70KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
1356668494002.jpg
70KB, 1280x544px
>>129840
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>129840
>Get up close and look into their eyes as you destroy them
>>129855
What if Dolores is still there and you accidentally vaporize her?
>>
>>129859

Melting the brain proved to be accurate and without outside damage. Remember how we killed the bears?
>>
>>129856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPz_lkRJPq8
>>
>>129871
I still want to get close.
>>
>>129880

If she's still alive and see you coming they may use her as a shield. That's a pretty big if by the looks of things though.
>>
>>129840
>Take out their legs from a distance, then get up close and bludgeon them to death with your staff. Roast the leader alive on his own spit, leave him to the birds.
>>
>>129915
You forgot to roll. Also damn.
>>
File: Thousand Mile Stare.jpg (181KB, 1155x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Thousand Mile Stare.jpg
181KB, 1155x1328px
>>129859
You want to see them, the ways their eyes change as you ruin their flesh. It will not bring her back. Tears fall unchecked from your face. You ride hard at them. You scream. They scramble up in surprise. You reach for the staff and raise it aloft. "Nigga....nigga...I'm so sorry."

A red light effuses through your body. Power. Power into your muscles and bone. You leap off of the horse and land feet first on a bandit's chest. Your feet go through his chest, shattering his ribs and spilling his guts and blood on the grass. The others reach for their weapons. You leap forward. You grab one by the throat. You thrust your hand into their stomach. You feel their innards, the blood and shit and acid swirling around. You pull it out, slowly, like a magic trick. Like handkerchiefs from a hat.

The others are paralyzed. Rooted to the ground. They can only watch as you rip out his innards and toss them to the ground. You pull out his teeth, then his tongue, then finally his eyes. You toss them aside. You toss the body aside.

The bandit leader knows what futility is now. He falls to his knees a vacant look in his eyes. The other bandit tries to run and you chase him down. You grab the hem of his collar. You drag him back to the fire. Slowly. So slowly, it almost seems time has stands still, you rip out his fingernails. One-by-one. He cries. He begs. He screams. One-by-one. One-by-one.

Then you rip off each finger from its socket. Then the toes. He passes out from the pain. You throw him into the fire.

The bandit leader is still staring into space. Vacant eyes. Your hands are covered in blood and guts and stink. Tears flow unchecked from your eyes, melting away tracks in the blood.

You smack the leader, but his expression doesn't change. Then you know he is broken. Switched-off. Nothing you do now will hurt him.

This does not satisfy you. You take your skinning knife and scalp him. You throw him into the fire.

You spend the rest of the day digging. Just digging.

And you remember how the small holes are the hardest to dig.

You bury the roasted meat and the scraps of gore the bandits had. You leave the bandits for the maggots and the birds.

And inside your soul you feel nothing. Again. Again. Again. Why again? Why again? Why? You crouch into a ball and weep. Your dog comes to you and licks your bloodied fingers. He sniffs at your pocket.

The message to Quendru. You see no more light in this world. No more salvation. All lost. All lost. A strange quietude settles into your skin. A subtle understanding of the way things are. A place between peace and agony, a pain so intense you can no longer feel it, or anything.

Behind you the sun sets, indifferent to all it sees.

You:
>Continue riding onward to Quendru
>Ride back to your camp
>Other (write-in)

(1/2)
>>
>Status
You are in intense emotional pain. You are exhausted.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Other
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>130090
>Ride back to your camp
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>130090

Well fuck ;_;

Let's go back to camp and wash ourselves off. All the blood and guts will need to come off first. Also we need to rest for the night. Take it all in. ;_;
>>
File: 1411283040247.jpg (46KB, 600x212px) Image search: [Google]
1411283040247.jpg
46KB, 600x212px
toldya 'bout that mercy anons
>>
>>130164

Should never have mentioned interrogating the fuckers back at the old man's house. Fuck. It's all my fault ;_;
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>130090
Those fuckers ate my loli. Goddamnit.

Well let's go to Quendru.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>130090
There's no more light in this world, right. But maybe someone just needs to light the fire.

You were too soft before. Too merciful to those who did not deserve second chances. But you've learned, now. Things will be different, now.

Go back to your camp and wash yourself off. Make a resolve to hunt down any like these bandits from here on out. No mercy for those without mercy.

After a night's rest, resolve to continue on your way to Quendru.
>>
>>130150
Bad idea. If we give ourselves time to take it in we'll be unable to do anything. We need to get shit done.
>>
>>130257

Oh shit, are we going full paladin from now on?
>>
>>130185
It's her own fault. She couldn't protect herself sufficiently to deal with some fucktards in green dresses. This would have happened anyway.

Look on the bright side, we can travel with Frenchie now.
>>
>>130295
This sounds good. We need a better sword and some cool armor, though.

Blacksmith shop raid when?
>>
>>130295
I was thinking more "Magical Punisher" myself.
>>
>>130325
We're not magic though. If we lose Ebony again then we'll need some other form of defence.

We should have looked for her crossbow.
>>
>>130325
Yeah, I guess we can't really use divine auras and shit to banish evil to be an actual paladin like Frenchie.

>>130315
Actually we should go for light armor if anything, and archery for the secondary weapon. We'll need something if Ebony gets to be unusable again but hand to hand should be avoided if possible. We're better off being light on our feet and sneaking about.

>>130305
>It's her own fault
Don't make me come over there and slap your shit nigger.
>>
File: 1372003059105.gif (1022KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1372003059105.gif
1022KB, 500x280px
>>130305
>>
>>130388
>>130371
It's her fault.
She decided it would be best coming with us, she could have stayed with the old guy,
she could have gone wherever she wanted, but she decided to follow us after seeing what happens around us.
She chose this.
>>
>>130422
bro
she's 8
>>
>>130434
She still chose this. She could have stayed in the cabin with the old man, but she chose to stay with the guy who suplexed her and appears to have multiple personalities.

I'm not saying that it was a smart choice, but it was a choice nonetheless.
>>
>>130462
Bro.
She is 8.
She literally cannot survive on her own. We were her only choice. The old man said she couldn't stay.
>>
File: 1301561150437.jpg (5KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1301561150437.jpg
5KB, 158x152px
>>130422

You asked for it. Also that old man never really proposed that she'd be allowed to stay. He kicked both of you out.
>>
File: slap the planet.jpg (74KB, 158x864px) Image search: [Google]
slap the planet.jpg
74KB, 158x864px
>>130422
>>
>>130462
nb4 this guy proposes the character equip a fedora.
>>
>>130485
It's still a choice. She could have chosen to die.
>>130491
He just said that he didn't want magic there. The girl wasn't magic as far as we know. I'm fairly certain she could have guilt tripped him.
>>
>>130519
>It's still a choice. She could have chosen to die.
SHE'S
EIGHT
>>
>>130522
She can still make choices. There are consequences no matter her age. It was going to happen anyway. Did you think that we would be able to keep her forever? She did nothing for us other than give us a weakness. We're stronger now, and will most likely survive longer.
>>130514
We don't have a katana yet.
>>
File: 1303294665449.jpg (6KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1303294665449.jpg
6KB, 158x152px
>>130545
>>
>>130257
You wash yourself at the river. Blood is thinned and carried away. You mount your horse and ride back to your camp at a slow trot. Your dog follows behind you.

You try to understand why everything happened. You replay in your mind the memories of Dolores, her smell, the softness of her hands and cheeks, her smile.

The memories of her bleed into the memories of your daughter, until they are inseparable. Until they are one. You throw up. Now you have no one -- again. And again you feel the unseen hand, guiding your steps, guiding your hand.

Your dog bounces over and rubs against your leg. You pet it.

One thing is certain. There is no more mercy in you.

You arrive back the camp. The sun has already set. The camp is the same as you left it. You can almost see Dolores humming and whittling tree branches or writing in the mud. There she sat by the lake, playing with the water. And there, just there behind the trees, playing hide and seek with the dog.

You weep again. You gather her things. Her pack. Her crossbow.

You:
>(Try to) sleep
>Pack everything up and ride onward
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are in intense emotional pain. You are exhausted.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack

>Other
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8cFbhtfBdA
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>130621
Maaan, just before your mushroom post I was literally going to ask if we could talk with Dolores about where she's from and shit.

I guess we should try to sleep.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>130621

Try and sleep. Collapsing on the road is a bad idea. The dog can wake you up if anything.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>130621
We need to rest. We should head for Quendru in the morning.
>>
>>130639
Heh. I think I'm the one feeling the worst about her death. But we gotta keep the story interesting at all costs! Onward!
>>
>>130671
We're all feeling bad, but Opie should feel the worst. That was a dick move Opie.
>>
File: 1354432890346.gif (422KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1354432890346.gif
422KB, 500x255px
>tfw no longer The Last of Us: Fantasy Version
>>
>>130671
>I think I'm the one feeling the worst
>My choices both let those faggots escape and had us heading in the forest looking for shrooms which turned out to be poisonous.

It really is all my fault ;_;
>>
>>130664
You lie down and close your eyes. No sleep comes. Your mind just plays the events of the day over and over. The memories of Dolores and Lolita. Over and over.

Eventually you do drift off to sleep, a black dreamless sleep. In the morning, you feel no better. How quickly you get attached to fragile things!

Your bear meat is gone and your fish trap is still empty.

You:
>Hunt/forage for some food
>Ride on to Quendru
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are in intense emotional pain. You are hungry

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack

>Other*
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)

*These items will be left behind unless you figure out some way to carry them

>>130720
>>130711
>>130690
I'm sorry ;_;
>>
File: squints at OP.jpg (88KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
squints at OP.jpg
88KB, 900x900px
>>130720
I would have voted for looking for shrooms too, one would think our botany skill would shield us from DM fuckery.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>130756
>Hunt/forage for some food
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>130764
Let's hunt not forage. Last time we did that we killed a loli.
>>
>>130756

Ride on. Let's at least try and deliver Frenchie's message.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>130775

And of course I forget to roll again.
>>
>>130784

Damn. Didn't want to linger in here any longer, it's depressing as all fuck.
>>
>>130759
GM secrets: 1d20 -> rolled 9. Botany skill (Knowledgeable = +2) -> 11 < 14 -> partial success/success with complication -> mushrooms poisoned.

1d20 -> rolled 7 -> Cooking (Novice) -> +1 -> 8 <14 -> partial success/success with complication -> food poisoning.

The rest is just the fact that you were in the woods where the bandits escaped to and that your staff was broken.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>130792
Actually this is true. Let's get the fuck out of here and use ebony to kill some squirrels or rabbits on the way..
>>
>>130807
Fuck me.
>>
>>130825
Emotions are what got us into this mess, I'm standing by my roll. Bad feelings aside, we need provisions before we leave a safe area.
>>
File: Lenny.jpg (18KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Lenny.jpg
18KB, 259x194px
>>130764
You head into the forest - this time armed with your staff - to hunt. You manage to kill and capture some small rodents: A few rabbits and a squirrel.

You:
>Cook the animals, then eat them
>Keep the animals with you and ride on to Quendru
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are in intense emotional pain. You are hungry

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Rabbit Corpse (x3)
Squirrel Corpse

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack

>Other*
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)

>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>130868
>Cook the animals, then eat them
>>
>>130804

Yeah, figured it was related to the rolls. Damn it.
>>
>>130868

Cook one of them, it should be enough. Bag the rest.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>130894
>>
>>130908
>>130879
ayyyyyy
>>
>>130908
>>130879

Not again. Guess we have Ebony to fix us up now, but still. S-someone else roll please.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>130868
Cook the squirrels and bag the rabbit. The rabbit won't have enough nutritional value to keep us alive without other meats or some vegetables.
>>
>>131031

Thank you. Avoided more food poisoning with that roll.
>>
>>131031
Oh and drink the blood. It's very nutritious.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>130868

Fry up some squirrel bacon and try not to think about how either of the children you failed to protect would like this.

Instead think about how much agony that bandit leader must have felt when you left him in the fire. Yeah. That's a better train of thought.
>>
>>131105
Let me rephrase what I said earlier. It was a choice, the right one, but it still ended like it did. We shouldn't blame anyone fully. It was our fault, her fault, and maybe even Frenchie's fault for not letting us follow him. We are all at fault, but we shouldn't blame anyone for what happened because she would have died no matter the choice we made.
>>
>>131191
I blame OP.
>>
>>131272
Good point. Fuck you Opie. You can't play with my feelings by giving me a loli and then just killing her. We didn't even get to say goodbye.
>>
>>131297
>You now imagine how she must've felt while being chopped up by those fucking faggots

Fuck this. Had some work to do tonight while checking the thread but can't concentrate anymore. This was depressing as fuck. Think I'll be taking a break for the night.
>>
>>131328
Fucking right? I was cooking, and I've burnt literally all my food while pacing around being mad.
>>
>>131272
>>131297
>>131328
>>131343

Holy shit, I wasn't expecting this strong a reaction. On the one hand I feel really shitty, on the other at least it makes for a compelling story
>>
>>131343
I was carving something out of a small maple tree. I dropped the knife and sliced the shit out of my left foot.
>>
>>131355
Killing off a character off-screen with very little character development for no clear reason is not good writing, OP. I like you, but it isn't, and the only reason I'm still here is because we didn't see her body.
>>
>>131363
We put a lot of work into that loli, man.
>>
Character death is a valuable commodity, you don't waste that shit on random bandits.

The Frenchie (if he is dead) was fine, because he died at the end of his arc after some really great character development and served to teach us lessons about trust.

The loli, who's been with us longer, died for no reason, which would only be a good writing decision if it was the end of the game, since she was introduced in the beginning.
>>
>>131426
It was done to teach us a lesson. We were too merciful to everyone we met. We could have prevented this by killing all of those bandits, but we showed mercy and it got our loli killed.
>>
>>131444
Yeah, but now how are we going to develop our character until the end of the game?
>>
>>131452
Huh? We'll still take chances, but not with people who have done too much to deserve it.
>>
>>131363
>>131426

Fair enough. But I hope you'll stay with poor ol' Opie to the end, he still has some story left to tell. I promise you, you won't be disappointed ;)

>>131031
You cook the squirrel meat, almost vomiting as you do so -- thinking of Dolores. You eat, but the meat has no flavor, no taste. You eat out purpose and not relish.

Afterwards you tie the rest of the rabbits to the horse. Everything is different now. How did you cope before? How did you manage the first time?

The woman at the gate. The girl at the altar. "What did you do?" "What I had to do" You just don't understand. Your dog whines. You scratch under its neck.

Then you:
>Head out to Old Quendru
>Head back to the farmhouse
>Head to bandit camp
>Craft something
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You are in intense emotional pain.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Rabbit Corpse (x3)

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack

>Other*
Bear Pelt (cleaned)
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)

>>
>>131465
Why can't we carry them on the horse?
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>131465
Replace the horse's blanked with the pelt, and tie the crossbow,with bolts, to the saddlehorn with the doe pelt scraps. Move back to the farmhouse. We need to notify Frenchie, if he's still alive, of what happened.
>>
>>131480
*blanket
>>
>>131465
Are you seriously implying a large warhorse can't carry a crossbow and a bear pelt?
OP I swear to god.
>>
>>131474
Whoops, I forgot about that. Well I guess you figured out a way to carry them kek.

>>131480
You ride back to the farmhouse on a whim. It doesn't take you long.

The farmhouse has been totaled. The walls and roof have collapsed and several support beams are all that remain. There are dismembered body parts scattered all around. But...no shine of that tell-tale armor.

You:
>Search through the rubble
>Head for the road, then north to Old Quendru
>Head back into the forest
>Other (write-in)

>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Rabbit Corpse (x3)

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>131465
Does the crossbow have a loop? If not, fashion one out of the doe pelt scraps, then find a way to tie the bear pelt onto the back of our horse.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>131524
>Head for the road, then north to Old Quendru
>>
>>131524
He's alive than. He wouldn't have let himself die to zombies. Head to Quendru as quickly as possible, he'll be there.
>>
>>131552
*then
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>131524

Head for the road, then north to Old Quendru. Be mindful for signs of bandits on the way.
>>
>>131600

You ride hard for the road, then head north to Old Quendru. It is a long journey and you:

>Ride day and night, foregoing food and sleep to get there as fast as possible
>Take periodic rests
>Other (write-in)

>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Rabbit Corpse (x3)

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>131665
Forget sleep. We need to make up for lost time.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>131707
This
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>131716
Shit forgot it was 1d20 lol
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>131665

>Take, like, one rest, or two, the absolute bare minimum. There's not time to take it easy, but you've lost too much to fail due to foregoing your basic needs.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>131665
>Take periodic rests
Take rests, don't be an idiot. There's no reason to hurry, the person we're looking for is probably dead already if they were gonna be dead.
>>
File: Quendru's Hut.jpg (14KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
Quendru's Hut.jpg
14KB, 283x178px
>>131778
You ride on, taking periodic rests to conserve your energy. It takes you three days of riding before you spot a small road leading into the forest. You follow it.

A small thatch hut sits in a shaded clearing. Smoke rises from a chimney. You dismount and approach cautiously. You stand at the door and hesitate.

"Vengaaa. Com' in" says a voice. Somehow you aren't surprised. Your senses feel sharp, but all sensation has dulled. You enter the hut. It is dark. A small fire is all that illuminates the room.

A woman sits on the ground, near the fire. You see only her silhouette. She gestures for you to sit, with out turning from the fire. You sit.
"I haf been expecting joo, lighter of de way" She turns and her beauty takes your breath. Her hair is the black of moonless nights and her eyes the color of oak trees. Yet there is an otherness to her beauty, an alien quality. A perfection you cannot truly place and which perhaps does not belong in this world. You notice the round bulge of her stomach, which she rubs affectionately, unconsciously.
"I am de seer and sybil, "Old" Quendru. Pero, joo me call me Quendru." She pauses, searching your face. She touches your hand. You shiver. "Joo haf been torough much 'eartache I see." She looks into your eyes and you cannot keep the tears at bay. "Si, si. Much suffering, lighter of de way, pero such is your path, no?" She closes her eyes. "I know joo haf many questions. Some answers I haf and other not so. Bery well, lighter of de way. Ask joor questions."

You:
>Ask a question (list your questions)
>Request to rest here first
>Other (write-in)

(1/2)
>>
>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword
Rabbit Corpse (x3)

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
>>131852
>Status
You are in intense emotional pain. You are thirsty.
*>Inventory
Canteen of Water (0/2)
(No more Rabbit Corpses)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>131842
Is loli dead?
Is Frenchie dead?
If no for either where are they?
>>
>>131863
Fuck!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>131842
This is the lady? Give her the message first.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>131880
>>131874
>>131863
Wait no, I agree with this guy.
Ask her if Dolores is really dead.
>>
>>131863
>>131880
>>131887
These rolls....
>>
>>131887
>tfw outrolled by myself
surely there's rules about this
>>
>>131892
Top quality rolls. Better than a nat 20.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>131842
Ask if we are the cause of the apocalypse and all those people's deaths and what the black magic beam shit was
>>
>>131906
Fuck I did it again
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>131852

If we came to give her a message, give her the message.
Once we've done/asked what we came here to do, ask for some water. Then inform her that you want to wipe out as much of the festering darkness in this land as you can, and ask her where you can seek the power to do so.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>131913
Fuck my life forgot to put dice in the options
>>
>>131906
bro
>>
>>131920
Can we ask about Loli and Frenchie to?
>>
>>131920
the dice have spoken
OP gets to keep his secrets another day
>>
>>131932
I'm sorry man I haven't slept in 2 days and I'm tired, just thought I'd let out my autism onto /qst/
>>
>>131935
If we have a limited amount of questions, I'd like for Dolores and Frenchie to be high priority things to ask about, as well. I think it'd be OOC to do otherwise. I just forgot to add it in.
>>
>>131957
So add that to the roll?
>>
>>131920
She looks at the message. Then she gets up and gives you a canteen of water.

She stares at you for a long time. Your dog, which you had left outside wanders in and lies down at your feet. She touches the dog, then, strangely, recoils from the touch as if from a hot stove. The dog licks its lips and pants. You scratch its head. She stares at the dog for a few minutes.

"Joo wish wipe out dis darkness, lighter of de way? Claro que si! It weel be joo, lighter of de way...claro....claro..." she stares at the dog absentmindedly. The dog turns its head questioningly. She shrugs and shakes her head. Then looks back at you.

"Thing did not go de way joo tink, lighter of de way. Venga, com' I weel show joo." She touches your forehead with her forefinger and thumb.

Instantly all is white. Then you are in the forest again. It is dark and raining.You can hear footsteps. You can hear voices. You recognize the voices. Your blood boils. Your eyes adjust to the dark.

You are among the bandits, watching with the eyes of a bird. You see Dolores, carried on the shoulder of one of the bandits. Your heart squeezes and your stomach falls. A shadow in the corner of your eye. The points of light stop.
"Did you hear that?"
"Hear what?"
"Listen!"
"Psh. Its just the rain man."
"Listen man! Don't you he-"
A sudden whoosh, a shattered lantern, a throat filled with wood. Instantly all is commotion.
"Protect the fresh meat!"
"There he is!"
"Where?" An arrow cuts through the rain, but hits only wood. The spear is taken from the throat. A hoarse voice, grated and savage cries out from the forest itself:
"Give my daughter."
"B-boss?" The leader gives the same stare you saw back then.
"Do it." The bandit drops the girl gently onto the mud. Then they back away and vanish into the darkness. The shadow approaches the girl. "My little Dolly. I'm so so sorry." He whispers. Then he carries her on his back and runs into the rain.

Everything goes white again. Then you are back in the forest. Daylight this time. You watch the bandits skin their comrade and throw his skull into the water. They strip off the flesh and begin eating it. Another puts the the stolen bear flesh onto a fire. You watch them eat with relish. Then you see yourself galloping in. You try to close your eyes. But you cannot. You watch as you rend these men apart with your bare hands.

It is far longer then you remember.

Then you see the bandit leader, with his vacant stare into the distance. But this time you follow his eyes with yours. And there, almost invisible, a shadow in the trees and a little girl hanging from his shoulders.

White light. And then the vision is over. You cough. You stand up, you clench your fists and release them. Euphoria shivers through you, you almost faint. You stagger backwards. Quendru's eyes remain fixated and steady. Her mouth betrays no emotion.
"Si...si lighter of de way, she is wit her father now. Being one of de chosen, she cannot die. Nor her father. Nor joo."
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>132143
She's alive. Thank whatever forces that be, she's ALIVE.

Wait
Waaaaaaaaiiiit

Despite your euphoria you notice her words.

"Wait, did you just say that I can't die?"
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>132143
Ask where her father is and where Frenchie is.
>>
File: that feel.jpg (39KB, 848x713px) Image search: [Google]
that feel.jpg
39KB, 848x713px
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>132158
Rolling for this anon's choice.
I thought so, but I didn't want to hope.
>>
File: Quendru.jpg (91KB, 318x400px) Image search: [Google]
Quendru.jpg
91KB, 318x400px
>>132143
(2/2)
"Pero...it is estrange. Hmm..." She looks at you. You can't stand still, you want to shout, dance, sing! You are filled with exuberance and joy. You wipe your eyes. You ask to know where she is.
"I do not know, lighter of de way. They haf gone beyond my domain. Mira, joo must find them. They do not know der place in this..." She pauses, scratching her head. "Hmm...no comprendo, no comprendo." She whispers. She looks at you, then the dog, then at nothing. She sighs. "De gods are fickle sometimes, lighter of de way. But we must do what we can. Go to de south. To de Sundered Peaks, to de Elves. Dey are heading dere too." She stares into your eyes and touches your hand again. "Joo haf much suffering yet, lighter of de way, such is your path. Be strong. De darkness to truly fear...is within ourselves." She touches your chest, then leans in and gives you a kiss on the forehead.

You:
>Ask her some more questions
>Gather your things and leave
>Other (write-in)

sigh...I was going to hold off on this reveal a little bit (because introducing it this quickly feels like asspulling, even though I planned it since I introduced Dolores (and even earlier) and said her father went into the woods, and also because the payoff would've been sweeter) but what the hey, I was feeling like a particular brand of smelly and fetid shit so it couldn't wait. I'm just too soft. :)

>Status
You feel intense euphoria (+3)

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
>>132261
Also brief afk period, as I have to go eat.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>132261
Is Frenchie alive? Tell me already.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>132291

Yeah, ask if your knight friend still breathes, and if he factors into this prophecy stuff as well.

If this is prophecy stuff. It probably is. There's ALWAYS a prophecy.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

Hug the woman for a minute and ask if she needs any help with anything or if she thinks you should leave right away.

>>132261
I'm sorry for calling you out and shit, but the way things work on threads like this, I was afraid a lot of people might leave your thread if you didn't reveal it soon.

>>132291
Frenchie's probably alive, it's not like his armor got up and walked off on its own.
>>
O-oh my. Took a few hours off to concentrate on some shit and come back to this reveal. The hell? I mean sure, I had a really, really small glimmer of hope but even that wasn't that founded and was nothing more than hope. I was fucking sure we could tell the difference between the bones of a kid and those of an adult so unless those guys ate some other kid we were guaranteed to have buried her. Shit. Well I guess in the heat of the moment maybe. Well whatever, am just glad she's fine. I can actually sleep now ;_;.
>>
>>132261

Ah yes, forgot to roll if I'm already here. I say gather our things and go while thanking her for everything in the most sincere way we can.

We'll figure out camping/food and all that on the way. Also Frenchie's probably fine if his armor wasn't there. Might've had something in the basement and used that to escape.
>>
>>132605
It's gonna be okay, anon.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>132647

Damn it me, roll.
>>
>>132647
>forgets to roll twice
>>
>>132657
Fuckin hell anon, nice job.
>>
>>132657

Aww shit. Could've even asked more things with this nat. Though eh, one reveal is fine enough for now I guess.
>>
>>132671
You should add that we hug her.
>>
>>132689
Physical contact is hard to come by in a zombie apocalypse, it could be his last for months.
>>
>>132689

Actually left that out on purpose since it felt a bit forced. I imagined it as giving her a real friendly handshake with a big shit eating grin on your face.
>>
>>132605
>implying this isn't an emotional rollercoaster
And yeah, the justification is a combination of adrenaline, the fact that most of the human flesh was eaten by the time you got there (and the bones were thrown in the river) and the trauma of having lost a daughter already.

If it still feels like an asspull (and it does, at least to me), I still have a few tricks up my sleeve ;)

Though I *am* wondering if I should scale back the grittiness. The level of response I got from you guys was much more than I expected (but then I guess I already knew she was going to live kek).

Update incoming, last one of the night.
>>
>>132756
If the DM in my group had tried that shit that I would have punched him in the face. I've put too much effort into that loli.
I mean fuck, I was even the one who suplexed her.
>>
>>132798
*that shit I
>>
>>132756

You took us by surprise man, big time. We kind of pulled through until then fine enough-ish and all of a sudden she's dead in two choices. And really, now that I look back after the reveal, it was pretty damn well done. Was honestly shocked for well over an hour or so after it happened.
>>
>>132756
Grittiness is fine and I like it, but you should cut back on killing off characters pointlessly just for shock value.
>>
>>132809

I didn't particularly like how that felt, but really, don't get into the GMs game with tips. It's no fun if he starts taking advices from the players.
>>
>>132814
Okay yeah, sorry for backseat writing. I will continue to bully OP about horse care and crossbows though.
>>
>>132831
Don't you take credit for my crossbow bullying!
>>
>>132842
Hahaha.
>>
>>132831

Oh that's a different matter. OP can stand in as the average Joe that isn't that familiar with the topic, and can judge how much of what you tell him could have been intuitive for us as the MC.
>>
>>132647
>>132657
You bow your head to this seer. You lay your head upon the ground. You sob. She waits patiently, in silence.

You get up. The news seems to settle into your skin and obliterate all other concerns. Your dog swings around rubs against your leg. You hug it tightly. She watches you in silence.

You bow one more time, then leave the little hut. You mount your horse. The trees seem greener, the sun brighter than you have seen in many days. You laugh. You remember thinking you would never laugh after what happened to your daughter. The gods are fickle indeed.

You ride onward into the forest.

You:
>Head south on the road
>Head back to the farms
>Head North to the Mages Citadel
>Other (write-in)

>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>132859
>Head south on the road
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>132859

Alright, let's stop beating around the bush. South to the Elves we go. We'll have to scavenge for food in the meantime though.
>>
>>132859
Go south. She said loli is at the sundered peaks. We need to team up with the other two immortals.
>>
>>132873
>Dat backlash from the nat

Haha.
>>
>>132875
Just to be clear, I don't think she was implying we were immortal, just that we can't die if we want the world to turn out okay. Let's not get reckless.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>132875
Fug :DDD:D

unrelated side question: I finished carving that tree into a handle. Should I make a celt axe or a war club?
>>
>>132891
Axe.
>>
>>132890

Which can also be read as "If any of you die, the world is fucked".
>>
>>132890
>>132899
So we should have better chances anyway. Three people who hold the fate of the world together are better than three people who hold the fate of the world separated.
>>
>>132798
kek, glad there is a barrier of anonymity and distance between us then. But imo, if the players aren't feeling intense feelings whats the point? And if everything you worked hard on isn't occasionally put to question...well maybe that's just me, I like to keep everyone on their toes. :D

>>132808
This is really what I wanted. Shock factor yes, but also emotional impact. As the GM I'm always thinking (especially since I can't see any of your faces) "Is this character entrenched? Do they care for this character? If I pull off her mask, will they cry (would it be very painful?)" easiest way to do that is to push the nuclear button and see what happens.

Besides, admit it, the catharsis feels good doesn't it?

>>132809
>pointlessly
We'll see ;)

>>132842
>>132831
Keep it coming lads, I love learning about this stuff!
>>
>>132911
I know more than any sane person needs to about weapons, so if you have a question just ask.
>>
>>132911
please stop using emotes
>>
>>132951
Yeah Opie use smug anime faces.
>>
>>132951

I'm with this guy. Your writing is great OP, don't spoil it with that shit.
>>
>>133021
>>132951
? I never use emotes for the actual posts though, just offside chat. But ok, I don't really like them either.
>>
File: 1280751686909.jpg (8KB, 222x203px) Image search: [Google]
1280751686909.jpg
8KB, 222x203px
>>133013

He doesn't have to use anything /a/ related if he doesn't care for it, there are plenty of usable reactions out there. Here, have a smug Hammond.
>>
>>133046

Yeah, I noticed you didn't. It still kind of broke the immersion from the way you write the posts to the unrelated chatter.
>>
>>133049
I was joking. If he wants to that's fine, but if he doesn't that's fine too.
>>
>Status

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x2/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
>>135320
Whoops

>>132864
You ride onward to the south, toward the Sundered Peaks. The road is clear and
the weather is fair. You think back to the events of the past few weeks. There
again, that feeling of being watched, of strings long and winding at hands of
an unseen puppet-master.

Your dog shifts around in your lap. You scratch its belly. Lighter of the way.
The light of Jore. You remember the riots in the beginning, the fierceness of
men fighting against the zombies...the inevitable futility of the fighting.

You remember the feel of innards squished in your bare hands. The metal taste
of blood, the stink of burnt flesh. 'What have you done?' 'What I had to do'.
The woman at the door. You know you have the memory, but something keeps you
from its access. Perhaps you yourself.

The sun sets. The wind picks up and it is
chilly. Your clothes keep you warm.

You:
>Setup camp and get some rest
>Ask Ebony some questions
>Ride onward through the dark
>>
>>135327

Set camp. We can chat with Ebony after.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>135522

Damn it me, roll.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>135327
Set up camp while asking Ebony some questions.
>>
Oh yeah, do excuse me while I blogshit a bit, I promise I'll keep it short, but the happening yesterday got to me more than even I gave it credit for. Woke up today after having a similar dream and let me tell you, the despair is real.

That was it, /blogshit
>>
>>136410
damn son
>>
>>136410
Holy shit man, I'm sorry.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>136899
>mfw people care more about some guy having a bad dream than me nearly needing stitches from letting a knife fall onto my foot.

Good.

>>135327
Make camp and question Ebony.
>>
>>137719
You dropped a knife because you were surprised. We were all surprised. He had a bad dream because somehow a story on the internet affected him so badly his mind couldn't get over it.
>>
>>137835
Nigger I was in the ER.
>>
>>137842
I'm not saying your thing isn't more detrimental, I'm saying his thing was more noteworthy because it was unusual.
Personally you're both being little bitches.
>>
>>137842
>>137835

P-please stop arguing. I for one can't remember why I didn't reply. Probably the shock was still there. Either way, glad it was fine man.
>>
File: 1298234453494.png (4KB, 206x237px) Image search: [Google]
1298234453494.png
4KB, 206x237px
>>137857

Well then I guess I am. That shit was depressing as fuck.
>>
>>137857
Thank you. I was fishing for an insult.
>>
>>137719
>>137842

Holy hell, when did this happen? I hope there wasn't any permanent damage. Jesus I'll try be more conscientious next time.

>tfw your stories are literally hurting people physical and mentally

>>135802
You set up camp. What questions do you ask Ebony?
>>
>>138358
Ask him to explain how he works as if I were a dumbass.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>138389
Do I have to roll for this?
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>138358

Ask about itself. Who created it and what can he actually do for example, and what was going on at the mage tower when the plague hit.
>>
Oh wait, did you mean to ask only >>135802? Ignore the post before then.
>>
>>138358
Right after I finished reading that we buried our loli. I stood up, hitting my table in the process, and knocked my knife off and into my foot.

There'll be a scar, but not a huge one. I have insurance so I'm good.
>>
>>138435
OP you have left literal scars on us.
>>
>>138402
No, its just an extension of your previous roll

>>138389
"Nigga again wit dis shit? *sigh* Aiight nigga. Its like this, when a one o'them mage niggas die - and I know its hard to believe wit all the immortality bullshit those niggas be pullin', but it do happen - anyway, when one o'deez niggas die, where their magic go? It has to go somewhere 'namean?

Now back in the day, and I mean way back nigga, fucking pre-historic times an'shit, mage niggas would just, y'know explode an' shit. So then, one dem mage niggas got the bright idea of using a vessel. Vessels can be anythin', a necklace, an amulet, a ring, clothes, weapons, yo' mom's dildo, you name it, magic can be put in it. So shit was fly fo' a while, just lit, 'namean? But see, what had happen wuz, you needed the vessel on you when you, ya' know got skull-fucked by the robed skull-fucker himself...whatcha ya mean 'what does that mean?' Died nigga, died. Fuckin' christ, nigga. Don't even know English. Its called a metaphor nigga, open a book sometime.

Fuck. Lost my fuckin' train of thought...right, so when these niggas die they need their vessel on 'em, but mage niggas are unpredictable as fuck, and most of 'em die doin' crazy shit. Ain't never been a mage nigga die in his sleep and that's a fucking fact. Now clothes and jewelry and shit work pretty well an niggas still use 'em. But as these niggas got better at magic and stopped fuckin' around with each other and laid down laws an' shit an' what not. Niggas started living longer and when niggas started living longer they got old. You follow me now? Alright. So now these old mothafuckas needed help walkin' around an' shit, cause you know, they old...an' fat an' got weak knees or whatever. So they start using canes, walking sticks and...staves. You see where I'm going with this nigga? Of course you don't nigga, yo' momma must've fed you paint chips and thrown you down the stairs every chance she fuckin' got.

Staves, nigga, staves! What the fuck am I nigga? Yes! A mother fucking staff! Fuck!
*sigh* Aiight. Fuck. Aiight, so the old, crotchety-ass mage niggas, ya know they die an' shit and their magic goes into their canes and staves and all that shit. But see, it don't end there. Now if a mage dies, the magic goes into the staff and, best case scenario - say, high wizard or some shit - even then, best you can do is make rabbits disappear and maybe, maybe fool some chil'ren.

But then these mage niggas start handing down staves and rings and shit to their apprentices. And then those niggas die and their magic goes in the same staff. And magic...well magic ain't additive, 'namean? 1 an' 1 don't make 2. The magic swirls around amplifyin' and growin' an' shit. And then that nigga dies and the nigga after him and so on and so on and all the time the magic just keeps goin' into the same vessel. Just growin', 'namean?

And pretty soon you get real niggas like me. Passed down for thirty-three generations nigga."
>>
>>139034
Next update will be in a new thread since this one is being auto-saged.

You:
>Ask another question
>Get some sleep
>Other (write-in)

>Status
You feel intense euphoria (+3). You are hungry.

>Skills
Botany (Knowledgeable)
Cooking (Novice)
Black Magic (?)

>Inventory
Magic Staff
Canteen of Water(x1/2)
Skinning Knife
Map
Short Bow
Quiver of Arrows
Iron Short Sword

>Equipment

>Horse Inventory
Your Pack
Dolores' Pack
Bear Pelt
Crossbow (13 bolts)
Doe Pelt Scraps (x2)
>>
>>139034
AHA I KNEW IT
WE HAVE DEAD WIZARDS IN OUR STICK
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>139059
Tell that nigga you love him like a brother and go hunting.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>139059

Ask if he feels any kind of magic coming from you now, explaining that when he blew up, some shit went into you.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>139062
Wait no I changed my mind, we should take a moment to make a cute cape for the loli when we get back to her. Out of bear pelt and deer scraps.
>>
>>139080
o-oh... i guess we're not doing that...
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>139059
Ask him why he can't cast black magic and what separates black magic from any other form of magic.
>>
>>139080

We really should consider that she'd be scared of us after showing her that gorefest with the cannibal bandits. Now that we know she saw us we should find some way of saying we're sorry she had to see that.
>>
>>139092

Actually now that we've been over it, thinking back, those bandits were probably all bummed about losing their lunch and grumpily chewing their old comrade when you came along and fucked them up so bad. It's actually quite comical. Maybe even feel bad about them a bit, haha.
>>
>>139092
I'm not sure she saw us kill those bandits though. I kind of remember that she was just being carried around by her "dad". That might indicate that she was unconscious.
>>
>>139108

No, she definitely ran to her dad from what I recall and he was sitting on his shoulder when you gutted the bandits.
>>
>>139114

Derp, she was sitting on his shoulders.
>>
>>139118
Just checked back on the post. The actual words were "hanging from his shoulders." Come to think of it, that does sound like she was sitting on his shoulders.
>>
File: ha.png (64KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
64KB, 500x297px
>>139107
>>
Just a side note. I have to say this new board has been a godsend. It offers all the fun of a traditional rpg session without the 6 hour commitments.

Its been a little tough adjusting to the anonymous players format, but its also been very fun.

Anyway, enough blog shit, new post tomorrow!

Oh and you guys are awesome!

Good night!
>>
>>139151
night OP
>>
>>139130
Well in any case we shouldn't rush to her that's for sure. Let's at least see if she's weary of us whenever we meet. Though I have a feeling we'll be alone with Ebony for a while.

Also >>139151
Later OP. Can't really tell how fun the threads are for you but for me at least they've been great. Right now it's the only quest I follow on this board.
>>
New thread: >>142482
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.