[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piracyquest: Part 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

File: Pirate-Flag.png (46KB, 2400x1527px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate-Flag.png
46KB, 2400x1527px
Arrr mateys! Welcome back to Piracyquest, the most historically inaccurate representation of life on sea in the 18th century you've witnessed yet on /qst/.

Join us once more as we return to the exciting tale of Sara "Dame" Castor, a former noblewoman turned pirate on an exciting journey full of discovery, danger and... well... card games? Smoking? Sitting around and talking?? I dunno

Anyway, last time we left off you had just landed onto the unnamed mystery island that you had appeared near to during a particularily odd weather phenomenon a thick cloud of fog that had completely surrounded your ship, the Gay Piper.

You had made the way to the island successfully by boat and were amongst a forward landing party of five people which included your fellow crewmembers: Sawyer, Seamus, Annabelle and Nathaniel.

For the full story of both the character and previous events, check the previous thread: >>1375120
>>
[Pirates of the Caribbean theme]
>>
File: Freeclimbing.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Freeclimbing.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>1383484
Last time you decided that you needed to climb to higher ground to get a better idea on what you were dealing with when it came to your surroundings.

It just so happens that the dormant volcano near the shore was the closest high point you could find, the next one being the mountain peak in the distance that was behind the massive patch of jungle that awaited you when heading deeper into the island.

Despite the great amount of hesistance within your mind you began to climb up the side of the mountain, you had no climbing gear outside of your knives which easily sunk into the soft volcanic soil so getting upwards was a tedious task. Everyone else in the party didn't have even that and followed you by using nothing but their bare hands.

>throw 1d100 to see how you manage to get up the side of the mountain with your party in tow with a -10 penalty for doing it mostly by freeclimbing.
>>
>>1383500
>mountain
Meant volcano.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>1383500
>>
File: 15399884767_4a909bfebf_b.jpg (151KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
15399884767_4a909bfebf_b.jpg
151KB, 1024x576px
>>1383522
You manage to make your way to the top without any casualties and when Sawyer immediately gets to work on making you a proper map once he gets out his tools.

While the navigator is working with Nathaniel borrowing his back as a table, Seamus notions for you to come closer as he crouches down next to the side of the crater.

The sight within is to say the least, intimidating.

Small pools of lava can be seen bubbling around all the way at the bottom of the volcano, occasionally erupting in small "burps" that spill pillars of molten rock all along the sides of the crater.

You're not really an expert on volcanic activity or geology in general but looking at how the large glowing pool of hot sauce keeps producing tiny eruptions you start to think that maybe you were too hasty when you first concluded that the volcano was dormant.

Annabelle doesn't really seem to mind the lava geysiers and for the heck of it picks up one of the rocks from the ground and throws it into the pool below without further thought.

>What do you do?
>>
>>1383538
>Jump into the lava.
>>
>>1383538
>Get away from the edge of the Volcano, and hope the map's done soon
>>
>>1383538
>>1383568
>>
>>1383568
Supporting, but also look around at the land below us.
>>
File: eruption.jpg (74KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
eruption.jpg
74KB, 900x675px
>>1383551
>>1383568
>>1383575
>>1383576

Both you and Seamus slowly take steps back from the edge of crater as if you're anticipating for the something to go horribly wrong at any moment.

"Where are you two going? Its not like this thing is gonna erupt from a few rocks being thrown at it." Annabelle says to both of you in a jesting manner before erupting into a playful giggle.

Sometimes her antics make you question how you two became friends to begin with.

Not too long after she said those words there's a intensifying rumble beneath your feet as the rocks around you start to visibly shake.

"I've got a real bad feelin' bout this one!" Seamus yells and just as he says that there's a loud "bang" sound and your ears almost shatter as if they just had just had a cannon fired right next to them.

Your vision's hazy for the briefest moment and everything around you seems to be go in a significantly slower manner as you turn to look towards where Annabelle had previously stood.

You see her now lying on her knees, clutching her bleeding ears with her mouth wide open but no sound is coming out.

There's a ringing in your ears as you slowly get up to check on your friend, before you can reach her though you can see that the amount of smoke rising from the volcano has significantly increased and the smell of sulfur is now a lot stronger than it was before.

>What is your next course of action?
>>
>>1383586
>Fucking run.
>>
>>1383588
Oh yeah and grab Annabelle first.
>>
>>1383586
Yup, grab her and run.
>>
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDt-502ftw

>>1383588
>>1383589
>>1383590

>Throw a strength check of 1d20 on whether you can carry Annabelle, if you fail you have to leave her behind in addition to wasting valuable time.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1383592
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1383592
Watch this 1
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1383592
What is even happening
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1383592
God dammit Annabelle
>>
File: Inside the eruption.jpg (180KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Inside the eruption.jpg
180KB, 800x533px
>>1383599
>>1383600
>>1383609
>>1383611

You attempt making your way to your friend as quickly as you can, but the falling rocks and noxious gases that seep from within the hot pool beneath you is making it difficult.

Try as you may, you are unable to lift your friend who by now had fallen unconscious from breathing the gases, your vision too is becoming hazy from inhaling them.

You put all of your remaining strength into dragging your friend's body across the volcanic soil, not allowing yourself a moment's rest as you plow your way through the cloud of ash and smoke.

Eventually you're helped out by Seamus who has had the smart idea of wrapping his bandana around his mouth and nose to protect himself from the toxins polluting the air around you.

By the time you reach what you think is the edge of the volcano, its almost impossible to see. You can't possibly make it down now while carrying Annabelle.

The only option from which the both of you have any chance of surviving would be to drag her a few dozen meters to your left where you would be able to jump straight into the sea water.

It would be extremely risky though since you're not exactly in the best condition to be jumping from great heights right now. You would be leaping into the water practically blind, and if you somehow manage to survive the extreme fall without having your bones crushed you would still have to find Annabelle's unconscious body and bring it to the surface, all the while avoiding the predators that lurk beneath the waves.

You'll have to make your decision quick, every second you waste is a second spent breathing the volcanic fumes that you're certain will end up being lethal to you if inhaled too much.

>What is your next course of action?
>>
>>1383617
Throw her to the lava and run
>>
>>1383617
>Jump.
>>
>>1383617

Jump with her
>>
File: Falling into water.jpg (24KB, 1158x484px) Image search: [Google]
Falling into water.jpg
24KB, 1158x484px
>>1383620
>>1383621
>>1383641

Throw 1d100 with a -30 penalty for when all the negative factors are combined into your chances of survival to see if you can survive the jump intact.
>>
Rolled 36 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

>>1383659

Here goes nothing
>>
Rolled 59 + 30 (1d100 + 30)

>>1383659
>>
>>1383672
shit not plus
oh well it was a terrible roll anyway
>>
Rolled 23 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

>>1383659
>>
Rolled 12 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

>>1383659
What happens to the narrative if we die...?

>>1383672
You rolled a natural 59. All things considered, that's above average.
>>
File: 2946682-2190768077-53427.gif (5MB, 400x532px) Image search: [Google]
2946682-2190768077-53427.gif
5MB, 400x532px
>>1383679
Sara will be dead and I'll either end the quest there or give you a chance to choose another character to play as.

>>1383677
>>1383672
>>1383663

I'm feeling generous so I'll give you ONE more chance to roll before I write the result.
>>
>>1383692
How bout let Annabelle die as long we survive?
>>
Rolled 13 - 30 (1d100 - 30)

>>1383692

BIG MONEY
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>1383692
H-here I go.
>>
File: Your grave.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Your grave.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>>1383721
>>1383722
You fucked up nigga!

When you finally make it to the jump-off point and sloppily manage to push Annabelle off the side of the volcano, her head almost immediately gets split open as it hits the rocks below. Blood soaks the waves and you can see bits of her head floating above the water in a gruesome display of gore.

Her death shocks your for the briefest moment but you know you have no time to hesitate so you hope that if you end up dying that it at least be quick.

You pick up speed, prepare your tired legs as you near the edge before finally leaping as far away from the volcano as you can.

You feel oddly peaceful as your body sails through the air, the sensation of your long hair flowing in the wind makes you feel as if you're flying.

Right before the final impact comes, you close your eyes and utter a silent prayer to both Annabelle's soul and your own. Last thing you see is your very brief time on this earth flashing before your eyes and for one last time you smile that you had a chance to experience it.

And then, everything goes black.
>>
>>1383758

PIRATE QUEST

NOW WITH ACCURATE MORTALITY RATES
>>
>>1383758
Well shit.
>>
File: Limbo.jpg (723KB, 1920x1271px) Image search: [Google]
Limbo.jpg
723KB, 1920x1271px
>>1383758
"Hey... wake up." You hear a voice call out to you, it has a weird kind of echo in it and it seems awfully distant.

"Wake up." You hear it now more clearly and slowly open your eyes and see yourself lying on a field of grass, stretching as far as the naked eye can see.

"Hello." The echo-y voice says again and you turn to look towards what you think is the source, only to see empty space.

"Where the hell am I?" You wonder out loud.

"You're dead." A more familiar voice says to you and you turn your head forward to see... Annabelle?!

You can't find the words to describe how you feel right now, nor to respond to your deceased friend standing in front of you alive and happy as if she was never dead to begin with.

"Or well, somewhat dead." She continues. "You're somewhere inbetween."

You finally manage to gather your thoughts enough to respond.

"What do you mean?" You ask, surprised yourself about how calm your voice is despite the fact that your mind is running at a hundred thoughts a minute.

"Well, you're not technically dead yet. The rest of your body besides the legs is still mostly intact and functioning." She explains. "Your mind's in a state of... how should I put it, deep sleep while its being dragged out by Seamus and the others." She emphasizes the last part by showing you an image of Seamus holding your own unconscious body by the neck as he's pulling it towards the shore.

>How do your respond?
>>
>>1383800
Sorry about your head
>>
>>1383800
>"That's...good."
>>
>>1383800

Sorry, I tried Annebelle but I couldn't pull it off
>>
>>1383800
>>1383807
>Sorry about your head
>>
File: il_340x270.1092509841_myxu.jpg (51KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1092509841_myxu.jpg
51KB, 340x270px
>>1383807
>>1383810

"That's... good I suppose." You reply back to her. "It could have been worse."

"Indeed, you could have ended up like I did, way a-head of you." She says in a joking manner and you cringe slightly at the memory.

"Oh, yeah umm..." You say while scratching your head at the awkwardness of the situation. "Sorry about your head."

"Its okay, you did the best you could given the circumstances." She said to you with a smile, which in your opinion is honestly getting kinda creepy at this point. "It was my own fault anyway playing around so close to a volcano and not expecting it to turn out badly."

You sigh in relief, at least she's not blaming you.

"So uh, how do I get outta here then?" You ask while looking around the place that you currently inhabited, let's call it limbo or something.

"You'll have to wait until your mind's healed from the trauma it received." She mumbles an explanation while tapping her chin thoughtfully. "That could take anywhere from a few days to a few years depending on the damage."

>How do you respond? Also roll 1d1000 to see the amount of days you'll spend in your trauma-induced coma.
>>
Rolled 680 (1d1000)

>>1383870
I guess the others wont care for us after a few days.
>>
Rolled 870 (1d1000)

>>1383870
That's a lot of zeroes.
>>
Rolled 814 (1d1000)

>>1383870

Are pirates even going to take care of us for that long? Or is this factoring back into the magic of the world, oh can we come back as an undead Pirate Queen, that's some major street cred
>>
File: 1460455466085.jpg (27KB, 640x325px) Image search: [Google]
1460455466085.jpg
27KB, 640x325px
>>1383881
>>1383892

Due to the long period you end up spending in coma and no modern medicine or experienced doctors to keep you alive, your body slowly shrivels away on board the Gay Piper during its long voyage back to civilization.

Your body is eventually left into a monastery by Seamus where it is cared for by the local monks to the best of their abilities, but even with all their ability they can't stop your body from decaying past the point of no return.

Eventually your heart gives up on you and with no way to restart it, you die peacefully in your sleep and are buried into the monastery's small graveyard.

And that... is how the story of Sara "Dame" Castor ends.

FIN
>>
>>1383946

Well now to be fair, this is how a lot of pirate games should end

Now what?
>>
>>1383946
Well shit.
>>
>>1383946
That... happened.

I'm not sure what direction this story was intended to head towards, but I doubt that was it.
>>
Should have put ourselves up for captaincy at the start.
>>
It kinda feels like OP didn't want to run anymore.
>>
File: patsy10-copy.jpg (159KB, 1498x900px) Image search: [Google]
patsy10-copy.jpg
159KB, 1498x900px
>>1383960
Well as the narration says, that's the end of of Sara's story and by extension this quest.

I could probably start a new one with Seamus or someone else as our new player character but I'm not sure if I'll bother to do it, at least not today. Maybe if there's enough interest I'll continue it under a different name and with another character, who knows.

>>1383967
Well it could have easily been avoided during several key moments, one being the point where instead of just climbing back down you tried to save Annabelle at any cost even when the odds were not on your side. I had a lot of future events already planned but I guess some people just want to try and save everyone.

>>1383990
Its not that I didn't want to run it anymore, the dice and the players simply decided otherwise.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. If I don't show up again I just wanna say that it was fun running this shit while it lasted, hope it was enjoyable to you fags as well.
>>
>>1383975
I can't imagine that not being captain should necessarily mean the story becomes 90% waiting, 10% dying. The fact that we're just an ordinary crew member would have given OP licence to railroad us into whatever events he wanted, from "Go mediate that fight!" to "You're the navigator now, deal with it." to "You're the cook now, deal with it." to "Oh look, we just captured a ship. Sara, go command it for me until we can sell it."

Given that being the captain largely just adds crew management aspects and the opportunity to pal about with peers of higher clout, you might even say that it would have made it more difficult for OP to write, given the reduced amount of control he would have had over the choices we might have.

>>1384020
Was the volcano erupting planned from the start? Because it kinda seems like we were somewhat railroaded into it.

If the intention was to give a degree of choice, it didn't really seem that way, because the updates basically seemed to go:
>Oh shit Anna's dying and the volcano's erupting what do
Try to save Anna
>Your rolls sucked, volcano's still erupting, now your only option is to jump into the sea
I guess we're jumping then
>Okay you're jumping roll for it

While the dice rolls were pretty mediocre, I don't know if dice rolls alone should dictate character death, especially if decision-making is taken out of players' hands partway through.
>>
>>1384020
Good resolution I say.
Piracy is rough.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.