[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piracyquest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 24

File: 421890.jpg (709KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
421890.jpg
709KB, 2560x1600px
The year is 1716, during the later years of the golden age of piracy. The Spanish war of succession had recently ended about a year ago and as a result left many experienced seafaring folk like yourself out of job and struggling to find a roof over your head or food to eat.

Speaking of which, what kind of person are you exactly? What's your story?

>A former slave that escaped and found work on a merchant ship that supplied the troops and ships with goods before being kicked out by the captain for sleeping with his wife
>A proud veteran who served on a ship of the line since the start of the war and is now seeking adventure in the midst of boring routine.
>A privateer that earned his living from raiding merchants and Spanish treasure ships but lost most of his fortune due to... complications
>A plain ol' lawbreaker who joined a pirate crew to not end up hanged by the servants of the English crown and has been working on different pirate crews ever since
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>1375120
>A former noblewoman that took up piracy as means to take revenge against people that plotted downfall of hers family.
>>
>>1375120
>A plain ol' lawbreaker who joined a pirate crew to not end up hanged by the servants of the English crown and has been working on different pirate crews ever since
>>
>>1375124
Im down with this
>>
>>1375124
Thirding, sounds interesting.
>>
>>1375124
>>1375128
>>1375136
So that's three votes for noblewoman background, unless there's any objections that'll be our choice of background.

I'll write the next part in the meantime, its honestly kinda exciting actually since I've never ran anything from the opposite gender's POV.
>>
File: Noblewoman.jpg (66KB, 639x800px) Image search: [Google]
Noblewoman.jpg
66KB, 639x800px
>>1375120
You're a lady of noble birth. You were born into wealth and raised into a life of societal priviledge, but you were always a sort of an oddball in your family. The traditional activities of nobility such as horseriding, gardening or poetry never really interested you. Since you were a young lass you always liked going on all sorts of adventures with nothing but your imagination as your guide wheter it was a simple walk in the local forests of your family estate or heading out on your own to the shady parts of town when you were out with your mother to purchase you a new dress for a local gala.

This kind of recklesness resulted in many harsh talks from your parents but in the end they still were understanding that you were different from your siblings and thus had different kinds of needs when it came to life's thrills. Its not like you could really hate them either, it was after all they who provided you with everything you needed in life so what did it matter if you couldn't always go to town to get drunk with members of the lower classes, at least you didn't go hungry and always had a home to return to.

Emphasis of course on the 'had' part.

It all ended one fateful day when you were returning from a night of drinking with one of the servants and saw your family's estate burning to the ground. The only survivor you found was one of your elder brother, everyone else had either died in the fire or been ambushed by the attack's perpetrators who had waited outside with their weapons raised. Your brother had survived only by sheer luck after he had fallen down into the well near the stables and waited until the attackers left.

The men who attacked your family's estate as you later found out were working for a rival house who your family had apparently had a longstanding feud with considering property rights to certain pieces of land in the caribbean region that were apparently so valuable that they were willing to kill their competition for it.

You didn't really care about the original reasons of the feud, the only thing that mattered to you from that day onward was bloody vengance towards the people that had wronged you and your family so gravely.

Since you saw no way to sate your lust for blood through the legislature or conventional means, you decided that the best course of action to get back at the rival house was to hit them where it hurt them most... their money purse.

You eventually forsake your titles of nobility, joined up on a ship headed across the Atlantic and headed towards the new world. There you have spent the last few years learning the ropes of seafaring and even fought in several battles with all kinds of people.

Eventually, meaning just a few months ago you were amongst a crew of tired and abused seamen who had gotten sick of their fat-arsed and lazy merchant captain when a mutiny happened onboard after the captain had beaten up one of the crewmen who had suffered a heat stroke because he had been "lazy."

Cont.
>>
File: 175211631.jpg (788KB, 759x1024px) Image search: [Google]
175211631.jpg
788KB, 759x1024px
>>1375196
The savage beating for no apparent reason than perceived amusement of the captain had caused something within the minds of the crew onboard to snap and in the midst of beating the daylights out of their suffering friend they quickly ganged up on the merchant captain who was armed with nothing but a small dagger for self-defense.

The stocky and disgusting pig of a man was in return stabbed and beaten to within an inch of his life by the angry crewmen before having a dead man's necklace tied around his throat and hoisted to the top of the mast where he ended up hunging for most of the renaububg half of that trip before his body was thrown into Davy Jones' Locker.

After the incident many in the crew simply went their own ways, but a sizable portion decided to stay with the ship, yours truly included. A new constitution for the ship was written christening it now as a pirate ship through a collective decision of its crew.

Unlike on other ships as you later learned, the pirate captain was chosen through vote from amongst the crew along with the ship's quartermaster.

My memory's a bit hazy though, did you put yourself up for nomination back then?

>"Aye, I put myself up to be the quartermaster."
>"Aye, I put myself up to be the captain."
>"Nay, but I still voted."
>>
>>1375218
>>"Aye, I put myself up to be the quartermaster."
>>
>Historical piracy quest
Sound pretty fun can't wait to-
>Noblewoman
never mind.
>>
>>1375218
>hunging for most of the renaububg half of that trip
Fug, meant to say "hanging for most of the remaining half of the trip"

I'm not drunk I'm swear.
>>
>>1375218
>>
>>1375218
Don't think we've got the skills for a quartermaster, and captain right off the bat doesn't sit well with me, narratively. I could see us being first mate, though.
>>
>>1375252
>>1375235
>>1375224
Two against one for abstaining from nomination, unless anyone objects this is the route we'll take.

Writing the next part now.
>>
>>1375196
>Bringing a woman on a ship.
Bad luck, i tell you.
>>
File: Ballot_Box_XSmall.jpg (108KB, 313x383px) Image search: [Google]
Ballot_Box_XSmall.jpg
108KB, 313x383px
>>1375218
You didn't put yourself up for the nomination since you figured that you didn't have the same capacity for leadership as many of the more experienced members of the crew had and only ended up putting your own vote onto the table.

Who did you end up voting for again?

>Miguel, a former gunner from the Spain who speaks both English and Spanish fluently and is the first one to head into the thick of it during boardings. He still has a sense of military discipline in the way he acts and mostly ended up amongst the current crowd because he was forcibly recruited into the Navy and was out of work after the end of the war in his native Spain.

>Seamus, a soft-spoken Irishman with a heart of gold and a taste for moonshine, speaks his native Gaelic and English with a heavy accent and is a master swordsman despite the fact that he only tends to use one when its necessary. Originally came to the new world as a colonist but found that farming potatoes and grain wasn't really what he wanted to do for the rest of his life so he became a seafarer.

>Nathaniel, a rugged and scarred young lad from the streets of London, England. He spent most of his life as an orphan on the streets of the British captial and was as a result hardened by the life he lived. He is a ruthless man who got most of his skill in leadership from being a ringleader of a small street gang in Glasgow.

>Annabelle, a former prostitute with a carefree nature who got tired of her quiet life and after having amassed enough fortune left her life in the brothel and became an adventurer who sailed all across the Caribbean, exploring and doing odd-jobs on the side before landing on the merchant ship she is currently on. She mostly stayed with us because we were one of the few people she'd consider to be more than mere aquintances. She knows her way around the local waters and has a thirst for exploring.

You can vote for one person to be quartermaster and another to be captain but can also abstain from the vote for either position.
>>
>>1375312
>Miguel for Captain
>>
>>1375312
>Miguel - Captain
>Seamus - Quartermaster
>>
>>1375312
>>1375321
seconding
>>
File: Pirates.gif (149KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
Pirates.gif
149KB, 500x369px
>>1375327
>>1375321
>>1375315
Looks like Miguel and Seamus are the chosen candidates of /qst/.

Do two separate rolls of 1d40 with specifications for what position you are rolling for to see whether or not that person gets elected to the position.

20 or higher means they will get elected.
Lower than 20 means I will roll a 1d3 to see who will be voted to the position in their stead.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d40)

>>1375348
Cap
>>
Rolled 36 (1d40)

>>1375348
>>
Rolled 24 (1d40)

>>1375348
Miguel
>>
>>1375348
>>1375355
Shit misclicked.
Miguel for Captain
>>
>>1375357
>>1375355
>>1375351
>>1375361

Miguel was successfully voted to be the ship's new captain.

What about Seamus?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d40)

>>1375362
>>
Rolled 20 (1d40)

>>1375362
Seamus, Seamus, he's our man! If he can't do it, I'm honestly not sure who else should.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d40)

>>1375362
>>
File: 1d3.jpg (59KB, 374x767px) Image search: [Google]
1d3.jpg
59KB, 374x767px
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>1375398
>>1375391
>>1375382

Welp, looks like Seamus won't be our quartermaster. Lets see who his replacement will be.
>>
File: Sign_Ship_Happens_MAL-137.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sign_Ship_Happens_MAL-137.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>1375407
>>1375312

At the end of the voting period, Miguel got the position of captain while the title of quartermaster went to Nathaniel who both immediately got to work on assigning everyone their jobs accordingly.

What became of the name of our ship?

>It kept its old name: S/S Gay Piper Meaning Happy Piper for those who don't speak ye olde English.
>It was given a new name (write-in)
>>
>>1375431
>>It kept its old name: S/S Gay Piper
>>
>>1375431
>It kept its old name: S/S Gay Piper
>>
>>1375431
>>
>>1375431
It's name shall strike dread into the hearts of our enemies.
>>
>>1375439
>>1375453
>>1375463
>>1375477

Since most of the crew got used to the old name and didn't feel like it needed to be changed the ship's old name was kept when writing the new constitution for it.

There is one more thing that needs to before we return back to the issue of current events.

What is your name m'lady? (Write in a first and a last name along with a possible nickname/title)

Posting fitting thread music is optional but recommended.
>>
>>1375486
>needs to before
Meant to say "needs to be addressed" I really gotta go to sleep soon. Getting really goddamn tired.
>>
>>1375486
Sara Castor
>>
>>1375504

Seconding this name, for a nickname "The Dame"
>>
>>1375486
Elizabeth MacArthur.

Alternatively, just blatantly steal from history:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOafalF22kI
>>
>>1375486
Elizabeth Lisle, Viscountess of Warwick.
>>
>>1375506
Also seconding "The Dame".
>>
I'll be heading to bed now, I have work tomorrow so I gotta wake up early. I'll try to see if I can post while at work but I make no promises.

Hope that you'll decide on a name by then.
>>
>>1375504
Seconding this and "The Dame"
>>
>>1375494
Countess von finger bang

Also the dame
>>
File: Your ship.jpg (836KB, 3521x2345px) Image search: [Google]
Your ship.jpg
836KB, 3521x2345px
>>1375832
>>1375765
>>1375540
>>1375523
>>1375510
>>1375506
>>1375504

Sara Castor's your name and playing the role of "The Dame" amongst mortal men is your game.

"Seems fitting to your noble roots." Was what Annabelle had initially commented when she gave you that very title.

Anyway, welcome aboard the Gay Piper. She's a beautiful little brig formerly used to transport goods amongst waters of the coastline islands but now refitted for a new purpose. That purpose being the raiding and pillaging of ships all across the Caribbean and the rest of the Atlantic.

The ship's fitted with a modest armament of twenty-four cannons with twelve being on each of her two sides. They are of varying sizes, ranging from a measly 12-pounder all the way to the bigger 18-pounders. Your armament is mostly limited because of the ship's size and carrying capacity, wouldn't want a broadside flipping the whole thing belly-up now would we.

In addition to the main cannons, there's also four swivels spread out onto each part of the ship, they are only really useful for boarding actions due to their limited range.

What was your current assignment again? Throw a 1d6.

>Clean-up duty on main deck
>Weapon maintenance with the master gunner
>Staying on the lookout for incoming ships in the crow's nest
>Helping prepare the daily rations in the kitchen
>Working on the sails, adjusting them if needed
>What assignment? I'm on a break!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>1377600
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>1377600
>>Weapon maintenance with the master gunner
>>
File: hammock_96.jpg (52KB, 641x690px) Image search: [Google]
hammock_96.jpg
52KB, 641x690px
>>1377606
Huh, you're quite the lucky bastard.

It just so happens to be your breaktime, you're currently snoozing off in your hammock while a few of your mates play cards by the boxes nearby.

Nothing can disturb your naptime right now you think to yourself.

"Ship ahoy!" A loud voice yells out from on top of the mast, you can hear it all the way down in the cargohold.

>Get up and see what's going on
>Continue napping
>Off-handedly ask someone else to go check it out.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>1377643
>>Get up and see what's going on
>>
>>1377643
>>
>>1377643
>>
File: weather-deck.jpg (52KB, 480x521px) Image search: [Google]
weather-deck.jpg
52KB, 480x521px
>>1377650
>>1377658
You figure quickly that you can't afford to doze off if the Piper's about to come in contact with a new target so you get your lazy ass off the hammock, past the trio playing cards and up the ladder onto the main deck.

>Ask around about the situation
>Head to the bow and see what's going on with your own eyes
>Head for the armory and prepare for battle, if this is what you think it is its better to be ready.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>1377667
>>Head to the bow and see what's going on with your own eyes
>>
>>1377667
>Head to the bow and see with your own eyes
>>
>>1377667
>Head to the bow and see what's going on with your own eyes
>>
File: 600px-Bounty-SC-001.jpg (59KB, 600x263px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Bounty-SC-001.jpg
59KB, 600x263px
>>1377669
>>1377670
>>1377675

You walk past several other crewmembers on your way to the bow who are rushing around to different parts of the ship.

Once you reach the front part of the ship you can Seamus over there, he's leaning against the swivel lazily while looking at something in the distance.

He turns to look towards you with a warm smile, some of his yellow teeth showing through the cracks.

"Back from the break so soon, eh Dame?" He asks you in a jestful manner before briefly turning to look back towards the ship in the distance.

How do you respond? Do you respond at all?
>>
>>1377687
"It is a lady's leisure to keep afloat of all the latest gossip, Seamus. What news?"
>>
>>1377687
>>1377690
>>
>>1377690
Seconding.
>>
>>1377690
Supporting
>>
>>1377690
>>1377693
>>1377695
>>1377697

"It's a lady's leisure to keep afloat of all the latest gossip, Seamus. What news?" You respond with an equal amount of humor, he gives out a short but hearty laugh.

"Cletus just spotted us a new target, judging from its size it seems to be a merchant vessel, a hoy to be precise." Seamus says as he gives you the quick rundown of the situation.

You look past him to see the small ship... no, boat far away in the distance. Its still at least several miles away from your current location and will take at least another hour or two to reach at your current speed unless you cripple its sails with chainshots.

What do you do?

>Keep talking with Seamus to pass time
>Go ask Miguel about the next plan of action
>Get yourself armed, maybe you can attempt to take out the helmsman on the other ship with a musket when you get closer.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>1377709
>Keep talking with Seamus to pass time
We ARE still on break, after all. Getting armed can come closer to time, and there's no benefit to knowing the plan ahead of time when the Captain will have to tell everyone anyway.
>>
>>1377709
What country's flag is it flying? If we run up the same flag we'll be able to get a lot closer.
>>
>>1377709
>>Go ask Miguel about the next plan of action
>>
>>1377709
>get yourself armed
>>
>>1377711
You can't really tell yet at this distance, best guess you can make right now would be British judging from the flag's blue background.
>>1377710
>>1377717
>>1377718
Tied with one vote for each of the options, we require a tiebreaker.
>>
>>1377722
>Go ask Miguel
>>
File: 6196288216_127730b39f_b.jpg (349KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
6196288216_127730b39f_b.jpg
349KB, 1024x768px
>>1377726

After a few more moments of small talk, you bid farewell to Seamus and head towards the helm where Miguel is busy manning the wheel and keeping the ship on pursuit course with the hoy.

You do a high pitched whistle that catches the hispanic captain's attention if only for the briefest moment. He slowly turns to look towards you, his eyes show a sense of disinterest at anything you might have to say to him right now.

Write-in how you wish to phrase your question and roll 1d20 to see whether he ignores or acknowledges your question.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1377734
>bothering the cap'n
What were you guys thinking?
As for what we say:
"What's the plan of action, Cap'n?"
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1377734
"You look worried, Captain. Should we be expecting trouble?"
>>
>>1377734
>>1377749

You smile cheekily as if to purposefully annoy Miguel with your attitude before voicing your question.

"What's the plan of action, Cap'n?"

He is silent for a moment as he keeps staring ahead towards the target ship.

"Its a British merchant ship, we raise the flag and pretend to be fellow Englishmen. After we're close enough to board we'll show our true colors." He explains to you in the briefest manner possible.

It was a pretty common tactic amongst the pirate kind and you had once been on the receiving end of it in the past so you knew the drill.

After receiving this new piece of information, what is your next course of action.
>>
>>1377756
>time to arm ourselves
>>
>>1377756
>time to arm ourselves
>>
>>1377758
>>1377779
After having been dismissed by Miguel, you simply nod and take your leave from the helm and head back below deck.

Sliding down the ladder, you accidentally bump into Nathaniel who releases a stream of curses at "whoever's the cunt that just knocked me over" as he falls painfully down onto his back.

You ignore him for now as you quickly head for the armory, already thinking beforehand on what to use for the boarding action.

>You can either already decide on what to use as your weapons of choice or choose to inspect what's available to you in terms of personal armament. You can carry a maximum of three weapons with one of them being a close-combat weapon such as a boarding axe.
>>
>>1377797
>inspect what's available
>>
>>1377797
>>
OH SHIT WATCH THIS THREAD GO!
>>
>>1377797
>>
File: 4265122017_5a3c6f3c92.jpg (131KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
4265122017_5a3c6f3c92.jpg
131KB, 500x375px
>>1377805
>>1377825
>>1377922
Once you enter the armory you come face to face with rows upon rows of different weapons ranging from the shortened cousin of the flintlock pistol all the way to the hand mortar, you take quick stock of the available armaments and in the end you have mental list of them all.

>Available firearms:
Musket
Musketoon
Flintlock pistol
Annley Revolver
Duckfoot
Blunderbuss
Hand Mortar
Matchlock Revolver

>Available melee weapons:
Saber
Cutlass
Boarding axe
Boarding pike
Dagger
All kinds of Knives
A broken bottle of rum you found on the floor
Rapier
Reinforced wooden mallet
Hammer

Other weaponry:
Crossbow
Grenades
>>
>>1377963
>Annley Revolver
>Rapier (did we ever receive any training in swords?)
>All kinds of Knives (never too many knives)
>>
>>1377963
Flintlock pistol
Saber
All kinds of Knives
>>
>>1377977
You haven't really had formal training in fighting skills not to mention dueling so you've had to learn through trial and error in past fights on board ships and on land. Your skill is not necessarily horrible but definetly below average when it comes to fighting with a sword.
>>
>>1377963
Musket, Annley revolver, and a rapier.
>>
>>1378014
>>1378010
>>1377977

Current vote count for boarding loadout
>Annley revolver: 2
>Knives: 2
>Rapier: 2
>Flintlock pistol: 1
>Musket: 1
>Saber: 1

I'll be back tomorrow if the results haven't changed the top three weapons will be our chosen weapons for boarding.
>>
>>1378121
Rapier, Knives, Annley Revolver
>>
Think about it, people. If we have had no training in hand to hand combat and we're not very good at it, we certainly shouldn't be bringing knives along. We should be trying to maximise our potential to do damage at range by bringing two guns along.
>>
>>1378014
Seconding this. Don't know why people are voting for melee when we're stated to not be good at it.
>>
>>1378283

Because with ship to ship combat, especially since we'll be focused on capture, we're going to get into hand-to-hand quickly, plus knives have a versatility factor as well
>>
>>1378386
Reach is one of the most important factors in melee combat. If we end up getting into hand to hand fighting, we're only slightly better off with a knife than we would be with the broken bottle. The only reason I'm not suggesting the boarding pike is because it'd be unwieldy below deck.
>>
>>1378244
Changing this to:
Annley Revolver and 2 flintlock pistols
>>
>>1378396

I was referring more towards cutting lines or even throwing (if we get desperate enough and don't have time to reload)
>>
We should just flash our tits instead to distract then while the boys do the fighting. Hell, why not just masquerade as a roaming brothel ship.

Frustrated on a long sea journey away from womenfolk? Dolphins and slaves not doing it for you anyone? Board the Gay Piper today! The Gay Piper; the best skin flautists in the seven seas!
>>
Does equipping a flintlock pistol mean we have a brace of pistols, or just one pistol?
Does the same apply to the Annley Revolver?
>>
>>1378799
You can use one slot to either carry multiple of a same type of pistol or have a pouch of balls and a powder horn around to reload, you can use the powder horn as an improvised grenade in a tight situation.

The Annley revolver has eight shots so you'll probably only need two at most considering that you're attacking a crew most likely smaller than you.

>You can do a closer inspection on any of the weapons to figure out their strengths and weaknesses if you wish to do so.
>>
>>1379797

Alright how about

>Annley Revolver (x2)
>Boarding axe

Because it's a more straightforward melee weapon to use which could offset our lack of training
>>
>>1380178
Seconding this set
>>
>>1379797
A useful question we should probably have asked earlier would be:
Have we any prior training with any of the weapon choices at all? Or is this choice also implicitly selecting the weapons which we've spent our limited time training with?

Perhaps we could inspect all the weapons that have votes for them so we can make a more informed decision?

>>1380178
I imagine that, as a former noblewoman, we might lack the strength to use a boarding axe well. Not certain if a cutlass would be more or less effective.
>>
>>1380221
You've had a few shooting lessons with both Seamus and Annabelle in the past, and circumstances in previous battles have forced you to use firearms before so you certainly know how to aim and shoot both the musket and pistol. You have some general knowledge of the more complicated firearms but have never really used something like the Annley before due to its rarity.

As mentioned earlier you have no real training to speak of for fighting skills in melee but due to your past battle experience you could probably hold your ground better than someone whose picked a sword up for the first time. You could attempt to better your skills through sparring later on, maybe someone in the crew could teach you a few tricks.

Boarding axe is not really your weapon of choice despite the fact that you would probably have enough strength to use it considering the muscle mass you have acquired along the years since you left your old home behind. Your frame would probably be better suited for something that requires agility more than strength.

>Which weapon would you like to inspect first?
>>
>>1380280
The Annleys
>>
>>1380280
Looking at the previous votes, a comparison between the flintlock pistols and Annley revolvers would be good, since you've indicated that we're more familiar with the one over the other.

Then, we could do with comparing the rapier, saber, boarding axe and knives (and perhaps the cutlass as well?) with reference to how effectively we'll be able to use them as well as how suited they will be for the task at hand.

There's probably some things Sara knows here that we as players don't.

I imagine we'll probably be forgoing the musket, though that might just be me.
>>
>>1380329
>>1380315

You take one of the Annleys into your hand and first take a closer look at its outer parts.

The firing mechanism is the same as with the Flintlock pistol, but as you open up the large cylinder, which holds the ammunition it starts to become more complIcated.

There are eight chambers on the cylinder which each hold a powder charge and a ball. After each shot is fired you are supposed to crank the cylinder clockwise to switch to a new, loaded chamber. In addition just like with the pistol the hammer has to be pulled back before firing again.

You continue this until each chamber is spent and you either discard the weapon or start the arduous task of loading each chamber again.

One last thing you take note of before moving to the next weapon is the fact that the barrel width of the Annley seems to be smaller compared to the regular. After a closer side-by-side inspection of the contents of each weapons ammo pouch, you can conclude is that the Annley had to compromise in the size of its balls to be able to fit all of the eight chambers into itself.

In conclusion, the Annley is a better choice in terms of how much lead you can put down range in the shortest amount of time possible with a single weapon but suffers from decreased stopping power in comparison to the regular pistol.

Cont.
>>
>>1380391
You take one of the Annleys into your hand and first take a closer look at its outer parts.

The firing mechanism is the same as with the Flintlock pistol, but as you open up the large cylinder, which holds the ammunition it starts to become more complIcated.

There are eight chambers on the cylinder which each hold a powder charge and a ball. After each shot is fired you are supposed to crank the cylinder clockwise to switch to a new, loaded chamber. In addition just like with the pistol the hammer has to be pulled back before firing again.

You continue this until each chamber is spent and you either discard the weapon or start the arduous task of loading each chamber again.

One last thing you take note of before moving to the next weapon is the fact that the barrel width of the Annley seems to be smaller compared to the regular. After a closer side-by-side inspection of the contents of each weapons ammo pouch, you can conclude is that the Annley had to compromise in the size of its balls to be able to fit all of the eight chambers into itself.

In conclusion, the Annley is a better choice in terms of how much lead you can put down range in the shortest amount of time possible with a single weapon but suffers from decreased stopping power in comparison to the regular pistol.

Cont.

>>1380391
Next you take a closer look at the available bladed weapons, first inspecting the Rapier, which you can immediately conclude is a tool for thrusting and stabbing.

It has a thin blade with a sharp pointy end, besides the dagger and knife its probably one of the lightest close-combat tools available.

It also has one of the better handguards since it circles around your hand quite well as you grip it, the guard also seems a lot more protective to your fingers than something like the saber.

Speaking of which, the saber's curved blade seems to indicate its a good weapon for slashing, it seems like it would be better suited for cramped spaces than the rapier since it doesn't require as much space to be able to attack effectively. It is still quite manageable in terms of weight but is noticeably heavier than the Rapier.

The Saber is clearly a weapon meant for someone whose more aggressive in their fighting tactics when looking at the minimalistic handguard it has.

The Cutlass is the heaviest of the swords, it has a thick and uncomfortable handguard around the handguard but it will protect your hands even better than the one on the Rapier.

It has a crude-looking, thick and heavy blade clearly meant for hacking opponents more through the force behind the blade than its sharpness.

With enough strength this thing could probably either seriously damage or even shatter a weaker blade in the thick of battle. You shudder to think about facing against someone wielding this thing in battle.

Cont.
>>
>>1380454
The boarding axe seems to be similar on how its supposed to be used but with most of the weight being concentrated in the head and absolutely no coverings for the hand on the grip.

It could be used as either a stabbing weapon or a smashing one with the pickaxe like spike at the other end doing the stabby stabby and the heavy axe head doing the smashy smashy.

It is probably the most aggresive out of all the available melee weapons and deservedly so, it is light to handle and packs a lot of punch in whatever it lands on.

There are several different kinds of knives available to you, most of them used as tools on the ship but some seem like they could be useful in combat as well.

None of the knives have any proper guards for protecting the users hands from attacks as expected from something usually reserved for carving food or cutting up fish.

They are the lightest out of all the weapons but it comes with a great cost at reach.

In a fight where you're neck to neck with someone, one or even two of these could easily be used to stab someone multiple times in different places.

The knife would be most useful for causing havoc amongst crowds of enemies and wounding them so someone else can finish them off.

Oh and with your skill at throwing you could probably use them as ranged weapons as well, who knew throwing rocks and snowballs at forest critters could be useful in real fights as well.

>What do you wish to do next?
>>
>>1380457
>Take Saber, flintlock and knives.
>Go back up.
>>
Bumpin.
>>
>>1380468
This works
>>
File: il_fullxfull.673043004_qmq6.jpg (246KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.673043004_qmq6.jpg
246KB, 1024x768px
>>1380635
>>1380468
Do you take multiple loaded pistols or just one along with its ammo pouch and powder horn?
>>
>>1380652
>>
File: fog.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
fog.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>1380653
You pick two of the flintlock pistols on the gun rack, looking them over before loading each with a single shot and placing them onto your belt.

After that you pick a suitable looking saber from the sword rack and flip it around in your hand briefly to get a feel for handling it before also placing it onto your belt.

Finally you place several of the available knives onto a separate strap that you put over your shoulder, they will work as your back-up weapons in the unfortunate case that you fire off both your pistols and break or lose your sword.

After you feel you're sufficiently armed, you tighten the red bandanna around your long flowing hair and head back towards the ladder. You are ready for battle.

As you're about to reach the top of the ladder, you notice its already gotten quite dark and that the top deck is deathly silent. Fog is thick everywhere around you and you can't see your surroundings properly outside of the occasional lamp.

The thick mist had appeared quite suddenly, there was no way the weather could have changed this quickly naturally. Its not like you were below deck that long.

Right?

>What do you do?
>>
>>1380676
>Find someone, ask about situation.
>>
>>1380686
Throw 1d20 to see whether you can find your way through the fog
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1380740
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1380740
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1380740
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1380740
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1380740

Shit, there's magic in this universe
>>
File: Ship-in-fog.png (314KB, 783x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ship-in-fog.png
314KB, 783x600px
>>1380773
>>1380774
>>1380828
>>1380831

You stumble around in the fog for a while, hitting your shin against one of the cannons by accident and muttering a few chosen curses as a result.

But as the pain quickly subsides you notice that there are several others crouched beside you, including Seamus who gives you a puzzled look.

"What's going on, where did the fog come from?" You whisper, just in case your hunch is correct and the Piper's crew is preparing for boarding the hoy.

"Nobody knows, some say its just a freak weather event but it came so quickly that not even the navigator's certain." He responds to you in an equally hushed tone.

"Is the boarding still going to go ahead?" You ask the more pressing question on your mind.

"Unlikely, we lost sight of the target already a while back and Miguel's just too stubborn to call everyone off." Seamus answers while attempting to light his tobacco pipe.

>What is your next course of action?
>>
>>1380863
Nothing to do but wait. Who knows? Our target may also be lost in this fog, and we might just chance upon them.

Say a prayer that this is just some freak weather and not something less natural.
>>
>>1380877
Seconding
>>
>>1380863
Wait and ready your arms
>>
>>1380877

This
>>
>>1380877
>>1380878
>>1380883
>>1380891

You sit down with the others, leaning against the cannon and simply... wait.

Wait for something to happen, maybe the hoy will show up again from the mist, maybe your ship runs into an underwater rock formation.

Whatever happens, its out of your control at this point and all you can do is try to pass the time the best you can until either the fog clears or something unexpected happens.

At first you try to mentally count the time that goes by, swiping some of the accumulated moisture from your face as you continue to sit in almost complete silence.

Hours go by with nothing seemingly changing, at some point long after you stopped counting the seconds ticking by Seamus offers you his pipe so you can have a taste.

>What do you do?
>>
>>1380912
>Smoke.
It wouldn't hurt if updates were more lengthy and things were actually happening in them.
>>
>>1380912

Sure let's give it a puff

Also do we know any spooky ghost stories? Would be a good way to pass the time. Something from land, wouldn't want to get them more freaked out about this fog
>>
>>1380912
There's not a lot that we can do here. I imagine we're deep enough into the fog bank that it's not certain which way is the quickest out even if we did manage to persuade Miguel to give up the chase.

All we can do is keep waiting, make conversation to pass the time, and maybe check from time to time that our firearms are dry.
>>
>>1380912
>smoke
>>
File: cards-18c_1.jpg (30KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
cards-18c_1.jpg
30KB, 600x397px
>>1380923
Give it time, we're going on a slow burn for a reason.

>>1380925
>>1380934
>>1380937

You take the offered pipe and give it a good puff, before hacking and coughing uncontrollably as the smoke fills your lungs. You're not exactly an experienced smoker by any means and as a result haven't gotten used to the taste.

After your breathing returns to normal you inhale on the pipe several more times, feeling the relaxing sensation quickly spread across your body as your mind calms down.

You hand the pipe back to Seamus who has taken out a deck of cards from his pocket, he gladly takes it back from your hands and happily keeps puffing out the smoke from the side of his mouth while dealing you a hand.

While taking a look around you can see several other members of the crew have also gathererd around in a half circle. Seamus simply looks at you and shrugs before dealing everyone else a hand as well.

Another hour passes by quickly as you play through a round of every card game that you all collectively know the rules of before something quite unexpected happens.

Cletus can be heard scrambling in the crow's nest as he begins uttering an incomprehensible mess of words out of nowhere that catches everyone's attention.

Seamus is about to get up to see if something's wrong before the spotter finally yells something everyone can understand.

"Land ahoy!"
>>
File: Island.jpg (1MB, 4592x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Island.jpg
1MB, 4592x3056px
>>1380960
You quickly scramble to your feet and rush towards the bow, you have to see this for yourself.

Surely enough when you reach the front end of the ship you can see a landmass in the distance, surrounded by the same mist that has kept your ship prisoner for the last several hours.

Seamus soon joins you along with many others, including the ship's navigator Sawyer who scratches his head in puzzlement.

"That's weird, according to the maps and if my calculations are correct... that island shouldn't be there." He says much to everyone's confusion and amazement.
>>
>>1380985
I really gotta stop cutting these into so many pieces
>What do you do?
>>
>>1380992
Prepare to land. Maybe you can find fresh water or food there
>>
>>1380992
Unsure what decision we're supposed to be making here. It's not like we can react much other than 'be surprised' and 'wait until we reach land'.
>>
>>1380985

Let's get together a group for an expedition once we have made landfall
>>
>>1380998
>>1381000
>>1381009

Not knowing what else to do you stay at the bow and stare the island in the distance as it slowly gets bigger each moment.

"Alright I want everyone all ears!" Miguel begins and soon all of you scramble back towards his voice. "We clearly don't know where we are yet so our best bet right now is to get an idea of our surroundings!"

You remain silent as he continues.

"I require a group of five volunteers to join a forward landing party that will scout out the path ahead for anything that might endanger the ship before heading for the island itself!"

>You can choose to volunteer for the expedition or remain silent and stay on the ship. What is your decision?

I'll probably start a new thread tomorrow so be on the lookout for that once I'm finished for the night.
>>
>>1381031
>volunteer
>>
>>1381031

Volunteer
>>
>>1381031
Volunteer.

Would at least make it easier for the narrative to advance than not volunteering, even if I don't know our character would do particularly well at the task.
>>
>>1381037

It'll be easier once we get into a leadership position, or close to one. We might have thrown things off by not tossing our hat in the ring for captaincy
>>
>>1381031
Volunteer
>>
File: mkd-288362.jpg (46KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
mkd-288362.jpg
46KB, 550x366px
>>1381033
>>1381036
>>1381037
>>1381042
>>1381043

You're the first to step forward, followed by Seamus, Annabelle, Nathaniel and Sawyer.

"Good, take the rowboat and if you see something that could be dangrous to the ship like rock formations mark them with these." Miguel says as he hands you a hammer and several bright red flag poles. "Good luck."

Once the boat's lowered onto the water you carefully climb down the rope ladder that's been lowered onto the side and get onboard.

Since Seamus and Nathaniel are the two strongest men onboard the boat they take the seats next to the paddels and start rowing your party towards the island while the Gay Piper drops its anchor into the water and lowers its sails.

The first few hundred meters visibly take their toll on both of your rowers, their faces are scrunched up and red from the effort they put into getting your small boat through the heavy currents that surround the waters around the mystery island.

You and Sawyer constantly keep eyeing the waters for danger but so far you see nothing within the dark waters beneath you or jutting out of it that could endanger the integrity of the Piper.

>Throw 1d100 to see how the rest of the trip to the island goes.
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>1381067
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>1381067
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1381067
>>
>>1381077
>>1381074
>>1381071

You successfully manage to make your way to the island without any major incidents, there were only a few close calls with the local wildlife.

While you were planting one of the flags onto a large underwater rock formation that had its tip barely above the waves, what looked like sharks tried to get away with your paddles between their teeth. Luckily a shot from Sawyer's musket scared them off before they took your only form of controlling the boat with them.

Now that you're on the shore, you have to decide on where to head. You can either choose one of the landmarks such as the currently inactive looking volcano several miles away or simply choose a direction and head straightforward with nothing but your instincts to guide you.

>What do you do?

[Spoiler]And with that I'm done for the night, thanks to everyone who played and see you tomorrow.[/spoiler]
>>
>>1381119

Head to the nearest high ground so we can get a better picture of the island
>>
>>1381119
>'inactive-looking' volcano
Yeah, I've got a bad feeling about this, but might as well.
>>
>>1375120
>oh hey this looks interesting
>bunch of faggots want to roleplay a woman in a situation that is absurd for a woman

Not even surprised
>>
>>1382075
I mean you're kinda right, but it's not like there weren't female pirates and even female pirate captains.
>>
Nu bred: >>1383484
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.