[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Otherworlders (PART 2)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: 1462897377456.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462897377456.png
19KB, 400x400px
Ironback has just pulls Jade to the side after she blunders talking to a guard woman with twisted horns, sharp protrusions on her jaw, and very sharp teeth.

Sir Frederick has yet to comment on the situation.

Hopefully the players and lurkers can find this thread and continue on.

( www. facebook .com (slash) groups (slash) 278399332496713 )
>>
>>133895
trip and fall. act flustered and blush through your armor if it helps. it isnt often we encounter such cute women
>>
>>133895
You forgot to link in the previous thread: >>106053
>>
Okay good good
>>
>>133909
My newfag is showing, I didn't know you could do that.

As I've said before, I don't come on 4chan often, thanks though.

I'm screenshotting the lot of the thread right now so I can access the info through my own computer.

>>133903
¿Que?

>>133914
You've yet to interact as far as the "demon" is concerned, unless maybe Frederick has been quietly watching until now, which could be likely.
>>
>>133934
>¿Que?
Anon thinks this is a generic quest thread.
>>
>>133934
I watch quietly because it's a really strange situation for Frederick
>>
Can anyone join or is it strictly for reading for us outsiders?)
>>
>>134604
I wish people could just join in but OP privately DnD-style calculates our every move so it'll be extra work for him.

Ask OP. Maybe he'll give you permission to join.
>>
I went to go take a nap, I'm back all day now though.

>>134604
If you feel like you can accurately play out the character after paying attention to how they've acted so far and don't seem to have responded in a while then feel free to step in.

I ask that you denote that you are not the original player for the character though. (OPoC maybe? -original player of character-)

I can post up the stats of the PC's if you want too, for clarity on what they can do. If anyone wants to use some sort of skill that the character would reasonably have or if there's some way they want to learn a new skill, (find a book on magical theory to learn a bit about the basics of magical theory in this world for example) then I'll let you take it if you can justify it.

Just in case anyone didn't (or can't) read the first post of the original thread, this is a story based RP and I handle the numbers so that things can run smoothly, but you should still try to make it obvious where and how you're trying to use a particular skill. Most things like lifting stuff is pretty obvious but if, say, Jade wants to try and use some form of persuasion on someone, then she's going to have to make it obvious that it isn't just normal talk. Typical persuasion is going to be based off her Int but if she tries something like, say, trying to get someone to cave through seduction (a broad term, could be anything from trying to get someone to bang with you to just being suggestive to make someone's reasoning melt a bit. Though I'm not going to allow anything too graphic.), then I'm going to make up a difficulty based on how attractive she is to the character she's trying to use it on. Else something like trying to intimidate someone on her own isn't going to be very effective, but if she were to get Ironback and Frederick to grab them as she puts her blade to their throat, then her chances turn from small to "you literally have a blade up against his throat, I might as well just GIVE you the success there for that".

TL;DR: Use your common bloody sense and if you fuck up then I'll politely let you know.
>>
On the note of using rolls weirdly, I once played in a game with what can only be described as "civil xenomorph" in terms of stats. She was carrying some street urchins to a new home when a guard sees her and thinks she's a monster kidnapping the children, running over shouting "I'll save you kids!", my character lets out a fearful whimper and I decide to be really silly and ask if I can make a seduction roll for the guard to get turned on by the sound of it.

I got a critical success.

My character straight up lets out a weird moaning sound and the guard turns right around 180 degrees on his heel and walks briskly the other way thinking "NOPE I AM NOT PAYED ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT NOPE NOPE NOPE".

He's lucky, frankly, because she could have ripped him in half if he even came close to hitting one of the kids on her back. Barring that she can let out an eldritch godspeak roar that stuns anyone within hearing range and if they fuck up their resist then they pass out for a few minutes.

She has also:
Punched down a tree.
Mind-jacked another party member in a fit of what can only be described as "banana induced eldritch PTSD".
Got drunk from some idiot giving her a few bottles of alcohol before going on a bender ranting about not wanting to be enslaved again, shoving two burly sailors away from her, collapsing, getting picked up by 7 sailors to be carried back to the party's cabin on the ship, standing up, picking ALL SEVEN of the grown men up and THROWING them, by which point another party member gets to her and coaxes her back to the cabin to sleep it off.
>>
In response to Ironback last intervention:

"Hey Ironboy, I just told the truth, we are taking this weirdo keys and stuff so we can get in and supply ourselves, that door won't open itself otherwise." She says pointing her cutlass from distance.
"I think you got a lot t' learn yet cabin boy, now if there isn't any other objections just let me end this so we can freaking eat already..."
>>
Before I post Ironback's response:
Did you guys took everything inside your respective containers at the beginning of the game?
If so then do you still remember that OP gave each of us compatible rations alongside our character's usual gear?
>>
File: rumgone.jpg (35KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
rumgone.jpg
35KB, 600x375px
>>139821
You should all have enough to last you a couple of days.

Though I did say that you'd have rations appropriate to your characters so maybe Jade only has a bottle of rum on her.
>>
>>139830
>You should all have enough to last you a couple of days.
How long were we travelling?

>Though I did say that you'd have rations appropriate to your characters so maybe Jade only has a bottle of rum on her.
Oh. I was under the assumption that when you said "appropriate rations" you meant "Food we need to survive" not "Our character's favorite thing to consume regardless of it being a viable means of survival".

Either way we'll have to wait for Chalice's response to this for a definitive confirmation of this missing information since it's their character after all.
>>
File: 5 in the morning.png (326KB, 440x447px) Image search: [Google]
5 in the morning.png
326KB, 440x447px
>>139864
>How long were we travelling?
A few hours.

>"blah appropriate rations blah"
I think it makes sense for what's been happening so far if she only has that on her. I should have probably been more specific. Sorry about that.

I'd like to imagine what's going on is that she just has the rum, Frederick actually has proper rations (split between them: enough to feed them for today and maybe a little bit at breakfast) but Jade isn't aware of it, and Frederick didn't hear what she said about essentially mugging the weird lady so they can get in and get some eats.

inb4 Ironback is the moral compass of the group

It's like half five in the morning for them right now so we're gonna have to wait a bit before we get a response from the bunny buccaneer.
>>
>>139902
I really just forgot about rations, so yeah, let's assume I just got that rum bottle.
>>
Just need to wait for Ironback to respond to Jade then.
>>
>>135687
"That sounds risky... and illegal. What if there's an entire an entire army of people like her waiting for us in there?"
>>
>>140347
Balls. I typed "an entire" twice.
>>
>>139902
Indeed I hope Frederick already did hear all that lol.
>>
>>140347
"You won't live your best in this world under legal terms honey. Anyways, you got any big idea then? This waiting is getting on my nervs"
>>
>>140418
"Why don't we ask her permission to stay at her place for a time as guests? This time without pretending that we've already been there before. That way we get inside officially without causing a big ruckus. If she refuse then... I guess we could do it your way." Ironback then places the creature on top of his hand.
>>
>>140500
>on top of his head thus freeing his other hand.

Man, what is wrong with me today. Making all of these typos.
>>
>>140500
>>140515
The wooden spidery thing sits clung to your head happily.
>>
>>140500
"*sigh* Hell OKAY just go do that. I don't want to deal with it again.
Dang! so boring! ...And boy, show a leg! I'm your cap'n not yer queen, just do as you please until I give you a direct order, savvy?
>>
>>141157
"Okay. Let's return to her."

The two of them return to the strange lady.

"Thank you for your patience madam. I apologize on behalf of Jade for being rude and lying to you earlier. What you have suspected of us is true. We are in fact outworlders. We have been travelling for a while and are looking for a place to stay and resupply."

Ironback than bows to show respect but not too much so the creature riding on top of his head doesn't fall off.

"We humble travellers wish for permission to stay in your castle until we can get our bearings and are fit enough to go on a journey once more."
>>
>>143179
>outworlders
I meant otherworlder.
This is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>143184
Don't sweat it too much, I know the feeling.

>>143179
Do Jade or Frederick have anything they have to add?
(the woman will wait for them to say their piece if they look like they have anything to say)
>>
>>143179
>>143248
"Hey hey hey, just a minute bucko, what's with the otherworlder crap? She said that too! I just supposed she was trying to insult me to avoid pissin' her pants, but now you refer us that too. Did I miss something!? where in the bloody hell are we!? Are we still in english colonies!?
>>
>>143480
"Doesn't look like it. The geography and plant life of this place looks similar yet different. Not to mention this." Ironback then points at the one eyed arachnid creature on his head. "We don't have anything like this where I came from."
>>
>>143500
"Okay smarty, then where in t' world are we?!" She turns at the woman waiting for response.
>>
>>143554
"I have no idea." Ironback shrugs.

"I haven't seen a place like this before nor on any of the books I've read."
>>
"a place like this shouldnt exist expcept in books, but when even someone who read all the time say he know nothing about it, then it is really strange"
>>
>>144160
No idea who is even talking here, and it seems really broken, so I'm ignoring this.

>>143554
>>143570
"You're in Shandaria, I'll take you in to talk to someone who can help sort you out. Just don't try anything funny...", she half rolls her eyes as though to say "you're an idiot for trying that on me in the first place", which is obviously directed towards Jade.

She goes over to the bell and shouts up the tube that the rope goes up.

"OI YA SLEEPY BARSTURD, OPEN'NAH GATES!"

She comes back over to you with a slight grin on her face and says "The name's Sorcha, and I'm a marling. Yourselves?".
>>
>>144348
"I am Ironback the Golem..." He then puts his hand on his chest. "...and these are my companions Sir Frederick the Knight..." He points towards Sir Frederick "...and Captain Jade Pockets." then he points towards Jade. "On behalf of my friends we thank you for letting us stay. And rest assured, we will not betray the trust that you have given us, Miss Sorcha."
>>
>>144361
The huge doors start to open slowly, enough to let you pass through.

Sorchia leads you all into the castle, the streets are empty apart from a couple of (human) people going from place to place, probably because of the storm (which has thankfully passed).

Most of the buildings are tall and regal looking, and mostly seem to deal with magical things of whatever nature by what you can see inside.

You pass by some large doors that seem to head into a gigantic building built into the castle walls, it takes up maybe a 6th of the castle's space, seemingly. Sorchia sideglances it and mutters bitterly "- ..lucky.. - ..not every month.. -". Five black tendrils slip out from under the back of her shirt and curve upwards, they have little grabby claws on the ends of them and they seem to be originating from small runes on her far lower back. She doesn't seem like she's even noticed.

Does anyone comment?
>>
>>144388
"Miss Sorchia? There are clawed tendrils coming right out of your back." he looks at them with curiosity having not seen anything like it before.
>>
>>144408
She starts up as and nearly trips over, looking around at the offending limbs and letting out an annoyed "ugh". She looks embarrassed.

"Ignore them...", she says as she continues leading you along.

(Just FYI, she's not going to hold it against you if you push the subject. Or you can just let it drop and act like nothing happened.)
>>
>>144439
"Oh, sorry about that um..." Ironback continues walking for a while until... "I'm so sorry but my curiosity is getting the better of me. What were those and what function do they serve?"
>>
>>144721
"They're part of my.. um.. dark form... They're like arms I guess... I'm good at controlling myself but.. uh.. sometimes they have a mind of their own."

You pass by some some uninteresting buildings and now you're headed down a long narrow street.
>>
Is there anything interesting in the street?
Frederick whispers to Ironback "May we shouldn't talk about this let`s call it arms, she seems not to be comfortable to talk about them"
"A nice city you got here Miss Sorchia"
>>
>>145012
There's not much around you haven't already seen.

"It's an interesting place, the only other marlings apart from me have their noses stuck in books though..."

She seems distracted, the statement comes across as half her venting about something and half talking to herself.
>>
>>144388
Could I ask for some kind of visual representation of the tendrils things? I can hardly imagine it...
>>
File: tegaki.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>145308
bluh
>>
>>145061
"What's with the mumbling, hornhead? Where are we heading huh?
>>
>>145315
haha ok thanks.
>>
File: xl_9sm042a.jpg (18KB, 297x450px) Image search: [Google]
xl_9sm042a.jpg
18KB, 297x450px
>>145308
Think "jet black ship rope" with claws on the ends kinda like this, but the claws are segmented and hard like that of an insect or crustacean.

They're big enough to just barely be able to grab around Frederick's wrists, they aren't sharp and look like they're meant to be for grabbing rather than for ripping and tearing, though that doesn't mean they couldn't wrap around your throat.
>>
Also note the fact they're coming from her far lower back as well, like practically right above her butt, not the middle or top of her back.
>>
>>145317
"I'm taking you to some scenicbrotholist or whatever it's called, I barely know this part of the castle."
>>
>>145336
Thanks for that. English is not my native lenguage, so sometimes I mess a bit with some descriptions...
Also, in this: >>144361,
>"You pass by some large doors that seem to head into a gigantic building built into the castle walls..."
this means we just passed that door and building while walking? or means we crossed that door and we are heading there?
>>
I meant, >>144388 not 144361, sorry.
>>
>>145361
>>145368

You walk along the path that goes past the doors, you don't enter the doors.

Sorchia's muttering earlier was directed towards whoever obviously is indoors right now, whether they're human or not you don't know yet but Sochia made it out like she's one of the only marlings here.
>>
>>145382
Ok, then I'll add this to my previous questioning:
"What is that huge building we just passed, is your king there?" She says this while curiously reaching the weird tendrils with her sheathed sword.
>>
>>145508
>She says this while curiously reaching the weird tendrils with her sheathed sword.

What is she doing exactly?
>>
>>145515
Poking with her sheath with curiosity, like if the tendrils were a living creature. Kinda like cats poke stuff that looks weird to them, like strings... or other cat's tail. But more curiously than playfully.
>>
>>145508
>>145621
The tendril grabs the sheathed sword and shoves it downwards, she twitches her shoulder slightly with annoyance at you.

"No, the castle leaders live around and about, that building was the main dorm and library."
>>
>>145660
"erhmkay... I hope you scenicwhatever has food."

Have we crossed any other person in streets or it's completely empty?
>>
>>145837
Not since before you went past the giant building, it's like a ghost town right now.

You're in an open courtyard and you seem to be headed towards some gardens.

"I'll make sure you're given food as soon as possible.", she says neutrally.
>>
>>150282
I'm waiting for us to get there or someone to manifest, looks like guys are kinda busy
>>
>>150629
Want me to just go ahead?

I was giving you guys some more time to talk to Sorchia before you get to your destination but I can just get to the point too.
>>
Hello?
>>
I don't know what happened to the others.

Dead thread?
>>
>>145856
"Thanks, some food would be nice after that long travel we made. By the way how old is this City?"
>>
>>158929
"Like.. thousands of years? It's pretty old."

To anyone paying attention, she seems to speak to anyone but Jade a with a lot more of a friendly attitude than to her.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.