[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Otherworlders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 28

This is going to be based in a dark fantasy world I created, it's very weird and somewhat inspired by Terry Pratchett's Discworld.

Using something of a homebrew of GURPS because it's easy to make up rolls, the story is more important than the mechanics and I will use GM powers to push things to be more interesting.

(No I'm not going to "rocks fall everyone dies", it's boring, unfair, and lazy.)

Up to three people may participate.

You're a warrior who's gone to sleep and suddenly woken up on the floor in a small strange room made of carved stone with right-angle patterned runes gently glowing purple around you, you're only equipped currently with what you went to sleep in. (You'll find your equipment and some provisions shortly, if you have any.)

Who are you?

You can be almost any species you want, but try to stay away from magic because it's going to act strangely in this world, though if you really want to then it might make things interesting.

You can't be too overpowered, though you can be experienced or tough/clever/fast etc as hell.

Just describe yourself, I'll handle the numbers, the dice required is 3D6 if you want to make your own rolls.

Simple example: "I am a male samurai human from feudal Japan, my name is Ichigo, I am 5'9, 21 years old, I'm very friendly and I like fruit."

Please also give a visual representation of yourself in some way, even if it's just some shitty drawing you made in two minutes.

Feel free to ask questions, weird shit is encouraged.
>>
File: tegaki.png (17KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
17KB, 300x500px
>>106053
"I'm a 7 foot tall sentient construct or a "golem". I've been active for 5 years. My master has recently released me from his workshop to experience the world on my own. Most of the things that I know of the outside world came from books and word of mouth. I possess great strength but I have poor dexterity. I run on heat so I need to consume anything flammable periodically to operate. I prefer the taste of wood and paper."

Is this acceptable?
>>
>>106081

I like it, I like it a lot.

What sort of metal(?) are you made of exactly and are you capable of speech?

If you can speak, how is that done?
>>
I'm sir Frederick, born and raised in Wales. I'm 25 years old and a master of the sword fight. I love good music and the law. For the king we fight!
>>
Everyone has to be a warriortype character?
>>
File: tegaki.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
21KB, 400x400px
>>106085
"My master did not say nor did I bothered even knowing. I was content with my existence. All I know is that my body can withstand heat and is strong enough to hold me together."

"Yes, I am capable of speech. I speak via pressurized whistles, pipes and valves located inside my head and the base of my neck." (It sounds like as if a bizarre steam engine is talking to you.)
>>
>>106099

Nah, it's just a recommendation for the sake of simplicity.

You can be a blood mage or a cleric of Shelyn or a wood elf archer for all I care.

>>106106
Noted, I'll give stats when this other guy decides what to be.

>>106089
Acknowledged and acceptable.
>>
File: ninjas and fire don't mix.jpg (19KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
ninjas and fire don't mix.jpg
19KB, 960x768px
>>106099

I'm assuming you're in on this and thinking up a character?
>>
>>106173
slot still open?
>>
>>106179
one slot is open unless
>>106099
gets there first

>Up to three people may participate
>>
>>106179

It's been like an hour and a half with no response, go for it.
(I'm only limiting the player count so that the game doesn't take forever to progress)
>>
>>106185
let me try:

>Historian Adept
>record the interesting event around
>yet hothead, cant sit still as an observer
>basically a mage/healer
>>
>>106188
Could you expand on that into a more coherent human being?

Again, don't worry about stats, I'll handle that.

If it's easier for you then you may describe a little bit of backstory, don't worry about trying to fit too much in with typical "fantasy" because you're about to get dumped into what can only be described as an alien world.

>>106106
Golem
Height: 7'0
Weight: "freaking insane like fuck man this thing could break a cow's back by sitting on it"
Str: 13
Dex: 6
Int: 10
Con: 15
HP: 20
FP: N/A (robots don't get tired, though you may struggle with certain tasks if you lack sufficient fuel, but you'll get plenty of warning before that becomes a problem)
Unnarmed damage: 1D6+2 (metal robofists hit hard)
AP (tough metal golem frame): 5
Flat footed. (you can't dodge, this is to balance your HP and AP)
Skills:
Engineering(Int): +1 (this is how you might regain health by yourself, how you potentially modify yourself, and what your knowledge of mechanical stuff that isn't plainly obvious is based on)
Brawling(Str): -2

>>106089
Sir Frederick
Height: ???
Weight: "fully grown muscular male human"
Str: 12
Dex: 12
Int: 11
Con: 11
HP: 12
FP: 20
Unnarmed damage: 1D4+1
AP (steel medieval knight armor): 3
Skills:
Swordsmanship(Dex or Str - depends on the specific weapon) - Medieval Earth: +1
Shield(Dex) - Medieval Earth: +2 (this lets you reduce or negate damage)
First Aid(Int): +1
Armory(Int): +1
Brawling(Str): +0
Music(Int) - Medieval Earth: +2
Law(Int) - Medieval Earth: +2
Religion(Int) - Christianity +2

Seem good for ya mister metal man and lord whaleson?
>>
>>106195
Rudolf

job: historian adept who go around the world to witness important event worthy enough to be recorded as history, however, he cant stay cool and watch from the side but instead participate the raid/party/....,
basically a mage, with a staff doubles as melee weapon, has books like Monster Manuals so able to know how to handle monster
can write and read
>>
>>106201

What does he look like?

Height, age, attitude, what makes him a character?

The mechanics are meant to serve the story, look at the golem guy for example, his explanation is perfect in how it's concise but tells a story that we get a clear mental image of who and what he is.
>>
>>106206
manlet (160 cm?)
30+ years so, experienced adept
want to create history by taking part
always pick the epic/glory ways like last guy to retreat
>>
Oh I'm sorry though every1 was away an took a nap :(
>>
>>106249
What did you have in mind?
>>
I suppose I'm late now (?)
>>
>>106258
If you have a more coherent character than this other guy then I'll give you priority.
>>
>>106257 A was thinking a one eyed hare-folk pirate, I'll try to draw something
>>
>>106195
Let's say height 1,70m
>>
File: dotpict_20160510_063700.png (3KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
dotpict_20160510_063700.png
3KB, 384x384px
I'm Jade Pockets a hare-folk race, leader of a filthy gang of pirates. 24 years old. Likes to boast about her skills and deeds fleeing the law (many of them archieved by luck) and mocking or bullyng people (specially her crew). Loves drinks and party. She has good reflexes and worked to improve her aim since shen lost an eye on battle.
>>
>>106271

That's 5'5.

>>106281
Bit of a physical description?
What equipment she might have?
>>
>>106195
Sir Frederick was born in the house of Griffon. The House stands for loyalty. Frederick was the second son of the family. Since he wouldn't be the ruler ofthe family he trained to be a knight and defend the country from invaders.
>>
>>106296
Height's maybe 5'4, she's slim shape. Well she's a hare humanoid race, has earrings on her long ears, fur's light beige almost white, patch on left eye. She carries a Cutlass and always a hidden dagger, depending of the knowledge of firearms in the universe she could also carry a pocket flintrock pistol. She wears a big blue with gold marine cape over her pirate rags and some jewelry.
>>
>>106398

Jade
Height: 5'4
Weight: "fairly light female humanoid"
Str: 7
Dex: 13
Int: 10
Con: 11
HP: 12
FP: 20
Unnarmed damage: 1D4+2
AP (rogueish pirate bunny armor): 2
Skills:
Martial Arts(Dex) - Savate (AKA "how to kick like a French sailor"): +2
Swordsmanship(Dex) - cutlasses and daggers/knives: +0
Dodge(Dex): +0
Persuasion(varies): +2
Firearms(Dex) - flintlocks: +1
Perception(Int): +1
General Thief Skills(varies) - bunny pirate rogue thief stuff: +1
Sailing(Int): +2

Look good to you?
>>
>>106430
Dude, I wish I could do this shit, there's not too many thteads/quest like this one. There was pineapple man, but I'm 0retty sure OP is dead on that one.
>>
So you've all woken up in this room, it's dark, you're in your nightthings, and all you can see right now is a series of glowing lines moving through the maze of right angle runes that cover the room, you can make out the shape of various squares and other shapes of things in the room and the rough shape of a squared doorway that some of the glows seem to seep around into and disappear.

You can hear the sound of the other two, a quiet hum and two sets of strong lungs breathing in slightly uncertain breaths at what's going on.

>>106439
Oh, that's a relief, this is my first time here and I was honestly afraid that this would be too different and possibly ignored.

I am known for being an extremely good GM though sadly trying to get players is like trying to find gold in your back yard.
>>
Watching this thread since all slots filled.
>>
>>106445
Dude, there's not enough that are as diffrent as uours. Fuck, I was gonna join this one, but all your slots are full.
>>
>>106445
Can anyone choose what a character does?
>>
>>106463
I'm guessing you can only control your own character?
>>
>>106461
Maybe I should make some sort of hangout like a group on Facebook or something, I WISH I COULD do more shit like this yo, but everyone wants to go and do some vanilla D&D shit if they do anything at all.

The other sad thing is that I want to play but very few GM's seem to deviate from pure mechanics and let anyone have some free RP, I fucking LOVE some good RP yo.

In my first ever game of D&D I convinced an army of goblin slaves to follow me as their new god.

>>106463
>>106486
The people who made their characters choose what they do.
>>
>>106492
Vanilla dnd?
Dude, I don't see anyone doing any type of dnd yet, you and pineapple guy are the only ones who have done any tbqh. The only quest I'm really in on this board are the Digimon one, the one with the dolls, and towergirls.
>>
>>106492
Could there be leeway in character control? Like someone picks a character and if the original person, like zavXHd9n for Jade, isn't around then that person can choose what their chosen character does?
I feel the thread would move really slowly waiting for the original creators to post.
>>
>>106492
Well shit, this is going to be a problem since it seems that my (and other people's) ID changes periodically. Probably because we have a dynamic ip address.
>>
>>106519
Oh and I'm golem guy
>>
>>106520
>>106519
Then just use a trip then my dude, no one's gonna judge ya.
>>
>>106509
I'm referring to people in general, IRL or URL.

I actually don't really post on 4chan all that much, I only came here today out of just wanting some human interaction because I don't feel like going outside and anyone online is either busy or not interested in talking to me.

>>106514
That's not a bad idea actually, if someone wants to control a character and make them do something that makes sense for them to do then I'll allow it.

Don't be afraid to try crazy things BTW, because to give you some idea of what sort of world you're in right now, EVERY god is technically a chaos god, image related. (my own work)

>>106520
See above, go ahead buddy.
>>
>>106445
I turn my head to the other heavy breathing sound. I don't trust my eyes as I see a giant rabbit. Frederick think this is a dream since he never saw something like that. He start to say:"Who are you and where are we? Is this a dream?"
>>
>>106525
>>106526
Okay. Hope this works.
>>
>>106445
I turn to examine each of the two and say "Oh, hello there. Who might you two be?".
>>
"I'm sir Frederick from the house Griffon, protector of the country and men. And who are you?" replies Frederick.
>>
>>106564
"My master has often referred to me as "Golem". Are you a knight by some chance? You look just like the ones that I've seen on some of the books that I've read." says the metal man in a seemingly cheerful and inquisitive tone.
>>
>>106615
"Indeed I'm a knight. Do you want to get called Golem? Or do you prefer another Name?" Says Frederick with joy in his voice
>>
File: tegaki.png (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
16KB, 400x400px
>>106619
"Wow a real life knight! I am truly honored by your presence." Pressurized steam periodically comes out of his head and neck as he speaks.

"Call me Ironback. It's a pleasure to meet you." He then bows at Sir Frederick.
>>
File: gotta go faster.png (253KB, 624x347px) Image search: [Google]
gotta go faster.png
253KB, 624x347px
The harefolk lady seems awfully quiet right now.
>>
>>106679
Frederick is a bit stunned as the steam comes out but then replies " it's nice to meet you ironback, do you know how we ended up here?"
>>
>>106704
nigga, if you want, i can take her place, just let me choose a different nigga
>>
>>106704
I can cover her for a bit.

Jade slowly wakes up.
"Well that was a dumb dream. There were these two idiots rambling on and... oh."
She stares silently at Frederick and Ironback before looking around the room.

"Huh. Don't remember any of this from last night's celebration. Either of you want to tell me where I am?"
>>
File: tegaki.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
19KB, 400x400px
>>106721
"No. The last thing that I remember was that I was inside an inn's tool shed. I was doing some maintenance on myself and then..." Subtle chugging and the grinding of gears can be heard. "There seems to be a gap in my memory. How about you, Sir Frederick? What was the last thing you remembered?"

>>106728
Ironback shrugs. "No idea."
>>
>>106728
More of the runes start glowing, you can make out the general shapes of what's around you now.

Whatever containers you keep your personal equipment in are located near your respective selves, the room is roughly 5 by 5 meters with the ceiling being 1.5 stories tall.

The doorway appears to be made of stone and has a magical mechanism on it of sorts, though it seems to be simply activated by a large button in the center.
>>
"I don't know where this place is the last thing I remember is that I went to bed and now I'm here" "no we didn't make a party last night " Frederick stands up and take his equipment
>>
>>106772
Do we pick our equipment or does OP Dante?

Jade rummages through her container and pulls out her cutlass, dagger, flintlock pistol, and cape.

"No ammo or powder? Damn. What do you two see in the other containers?"
>>
>>106854
Yes, you can have whatever you would normally have and maybe a few small things otherwise that you hold importantly.

(Like money, personal trinkets, or special provisions.)

You all find small packs of rations appropriate to yourselves, Ironback's being some tied up pieces of wood.
>>
File: tegaki.png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
19KB, 400x400px
>>106854
Ironback opens a container near him. "It's.. my belongings? My toolbox, my master's photograph and... Oh, there's also bundle of wood here too. Oddly convenient."
>>
>>106836
My belongings contain a sword, a dagger ,armor and a shield
>>
Eating ice cream and watching Youtube videos waiting for responses here.
>>
>>106926
"may we should try to leave here and find out who brought us here" Frederick says to the others
>>
Guys I'm sorry, I had not sleep so fatigue got me and now I just woke up. I promise I'll advice next time if I need to be absent. I don't mind someone attending my character if so, since we all three won't always be on at the same time. Just remmember to play on Jade's character.

Now on rol:

"Jade take his stuff and stands up, looks her sorroundings and then checks her compass (she found it in their belongings too). Then, noticing the knight's same confusion as her, she clears her throat and speaks:
—Well, well, looks like everytime party gets wild I wake up with new rookies following me around. You see, it won't that easy to get in my ranks huh, but you seem promising...kinda. So... my armored fellows, you could start opening that weird door for your captain and finding a better source of light here... I see you got a bunch of wood there big boy- addressing the golem. (She doesn't seems to repair he's a construct yet, she thinks he's a kind of half-giant, like the one's in her word in full armor.

She starts to examine the room better and the ceiling"

Now question:

-What did I notice in the compass?

-Also, does the knight already woke up in full armor?
>>
>>107122
I had an exam I had to go to, but I'm back and so is the original Jade Pockets.

>>107520
Knight Frederick found his armor and arms in his container >>106970
Golem Ironback is a punchbot, so he just had a toolbox in his container >>106926
>>
File: tegaki.png (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
29KB, 400x400px
>>107520
The compass shows that the door is pointing roughly south.

The knight was not armored, you don't sleep in armor unless you think you're going to get stabbed in the night, because it's meant to protect you. (fun fact: some armor is designed specifically to be worn all the time, but often at the expense of protection)

The room seems simple enough, the runes are nothing like anything you've ever seen before, apart from the containers there doesn't appear to be anything else in here, all light comes from the runes, which are now gently illuminating the room well enough that you can make out what's in it, though reading a book might be difficult, for example.

The button on the door glows an invitingly calm lavender color.
>>
>>107595
Well, as you would know, its pretty difficult for knights to wear their armor themselves, that's why they have squires. So you'll have to ask someone to help you put it on.
>>
>>107654
Well, I approach the door and push the weird mechanism with the pommel of my cutlass, as my rookies seem slacking their job.
— I hope they get the light source at least — Jade thinks.
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>107713
The button presses in and the runes start slotting differently, all the runes in the room start sending lines to the door and it slots sideways into the wall neatly.

There's a corridor going to what looks like a heavy skeletal door, pale light filters in through it though there aren't any cracks big enough to see through.
>>
"may we can open the door with pure strength"
>>
>>107776
It has a regular old handle like you'd expect a door to have.
>>
Okay good, then I try to slowly open the door and hold my shield to protect myself
>>
>>107801
OK, I'm right behind you.
>>
>>107801
The door creaks off its hinges with a heavy crunching sound and falls forwards with a heavy thud onto wet earth.

There's a wall in front of you, as you walk along outside to the right you see you're in some sort of ruined bunker of some sort perhaps?

It's raining heavily, thunder cracks in the distance.

As you walk up out of the small ruin, you see vast plains unfold in front of you, with mountains far off in the distance and castles set up various distances away from you, the closest is not far off.

It's a typical stone castle, set up on a raised piece of land with a town set up around it, it's not "huge" but it could certainly hold a population of 1000-2000 people.

Getting down the wet slippery slope is going to be a task though, how do you go about this?
>>
If I disappear until tomorrow assume I've fallen asleep, it's nearly 11pm here.
>>
>>107861
How far away in time measure looks the castle?
Armored fellows should be cautious on storms for rust and wet terrain. If it's long hours far maybe we can wait for the storm to end.
In the mean time I can scout the surroundings.
I'm pretty used to travel on storms.
>>
>>108031
It should take about two hours max to get there.

The slope is a problem because you're going to have to make a roll of some sort to get down it, consider this a test in thinking outside the box.

(if you can't think of anything else, use the heavy door that fell off its hinges as a sled)
>>
May we can use some not fixed stones to make some kind of stair down so it isn't so hard to get down
>>
>>108067
That's looks even more dangerous... but fun. How will I go back to reach the others? Who cares! I don't always slides on a skeletal door. I'll go for it.
>>
>>108182
That would take many hours of hard labor, not viable in the slightest.

>>108197
You can all fit on that door and you'll need two strong people to pull it over...
>>
>>108223
Wow, ok but I'll let the big guy go in the front, I don't want that weight falling over me.
>>
The door slide seems not to be very safe but okay let's do it
>>
>>108263
Frederick pulls the door up easily, Ironback can barely maintain a grip but he manages it.

(3D6, lower values are better, golem rolled 13 with a target of 13, Frederick rolled 6 with a target of 12)

Also Jade gets an automatic success on true leadership getting someone else to do the work for her like the lazy bunny butt she is.
>>
>>108335
"Any idea how we should break?" asked Frederick the other two
>>
File: tegaki.png (201KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
201KB, 400x400px
You set the door down on the edge of the slope, how do you position yourselves on it?
>>
I take seat 2, I don't want to sit in front.
>>
File: tegaki.png (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
17KB, 400x400px
>>108377
Ironback will take the frontal position. He'll act as a battering ram (just in case there's an obstacle on the way down) and as an improvised brake using his foot.
>>
>>108468
Oh and The two on the back can hold on to me so they won't fall off.
>>
>>108482
Agree on that
—Let's go lads!— Climbs on the big guy and rise an arm
>>
File: tegaki.png (250KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
250KB, 400x400px
>>108449
>>108468

You push push off down the hill and slide surprisingly smoothly down.. until it gets steeper down the last part of it where you suddenly speed up and hit a rock which jams you all upwards slightly.

Ironback's arms are wide enough to hold the sides of the door, and his superior strength allowed him to hold on easily.

(Rolled 10, target 11, 13 Str -2 from slipperiness and the suddenness of the impact. Just a reminder once more that lower numbers = better.)

You get to the bottom where the earth evens out nicely, and the door stops stuck in the ground.

As you all sit up from your turbulent ride, Jade notices a medium sized tree nearby that looks similar to a willow, only slightly reddish, specifically though she senses a large hole in the middle of the tree that gives her a strong creepy feeling like it's looking at them.
>>
File: tegaki.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
23KB, 400x400px
>>108557
Ironback, brushing off the debris and dirt from the ride, notices that Jade is looking at something.

"What is it? Is something over there?" Ironback then turns to the general direction Jade is staring at.

Can I roll a check to see if Ironback will also notice what Jade noticed?

Are there any other trees in the area that would make the noticing difficult for him?
>>
>>108557
I'll check that willow, aproaches it and touches its surface.
>>
>>108693
You don't need to, since I just stand up without bothering to clean, and exclaim.
— Now that's a creepy looking piece of firewood!— While approaching it
>>
I'll be back in a few minutes, gtg to the bank to make some annoying procedures... It'll be fast
>>
>>108693
You lack the sense for "something is looking at you" that an organic would have, it's a pattern sense more than anything.

There are a few other trees, there's a reason why you or Frederick didn't get a roll on this.

>>108723
What sort of movements are you taking towards the tree? Are you running? Walking? Are you moving your arms around at all?
>>
File: erma cute dream.png (504KB, 935x339px) Image search: [Google]
erma cute dream.png
504KB, 935x339px
It's 2am, I needa sleep.

I'll update when I wake up.
>>
>>109189
Alright, goodnight.
>>
>>108761
I'm going to approach to it walking calmly, with curiosity attemping to examine the hole with detail, and then touch it's surface.
>>
>>109189
Here's 9pm right now, just in case, I wake up 7am~ that being 1pm at your time, so you can know when I'll be mostly active.
>>
Frederick get up after that wild ride. "Well that was better then expected. Where are you going Jade?" asked Frederick
>>
>>109438
Upon closer inspection you can see that the bark of the tree looks like it's been painted with blood, and the hole seems to go into a cavity with what definitely looks a bit like an eye inside of it.

It stares at you, unblinking, and you get a weird feeling in your head like the tree is cautiously afraid of you, like a shy person in a library peeking out to look at you curiously from behind a book.

Touching the bark reveals that it is indeed covered in a blood-like substance, though it definitely feels more like some sort of resinous sap than actual blood.
>>
>>110835
— Whoa this thing's really weird, it looks almost alive... is that an eye!? Holy Crap! You should come over here knighty, you'll have to clean those steel pants after a look at this creepy fella —
Having said her bad jokes, and while waiting her friends, Jade can't hold her curiosity and takes a branch from the grass and points inside the hole with it.
— Hey buddy you don't have to fear us, we have enough firewood already —
>>
File: EYYYYY k'nuckles.jpg (26KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
EYYYYY k'nuckles.jpg
26KB, 500x373px
>>111166
The rain isn't as heavy as it was before, the storm will pass soon. The storm was already in full tilt when you got out of the ruin so it probably won't last much longer.

The tree doesn't seem comforted by your words, its faceless expression is positively wooden.
>>
You guys have no idea how much I hate not being able to edit posts because I keep reading back on what I'm saying and cringing so fucking hard at my sentence structuring and how much I repeat myself.
>>
"It's a tree, why should I be afraid of it?" asked Frederick and look skeptical
>>
File: tegaki.png (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
35KB, 400x400px
>>111223
Well, you can still delete your own posts and post a revised version of it but that would mess up the order of things (especially the reply links?) and deleting the main post would probably delete the whole thread (not sure since i haven't tried that out myself yet).

>>111166
"Perhaps it is best we leave it be. Surely if we don't bother it, it will not bother us."

Ironback then snaps a small chunk of wood from his wood bundle. His chest suddenly opens up revealing a fiery furnace. He then chucks the piece of wood into the furnace and his chest immediately slams shut.

"Ahhh... much better." Ironback's shoulders relaxes a bit and smoke fumes out from his exhaust pipe.

>>111263
"Looks can be deceiving."
>>
File: SAD TREEGUARD IS SAD.png (155KB, 335x309px) Image search: [Google]
SAD TREEGUARD IS SAD.png
155KB, 335x309px
>>111291
>"Hey maybe we shouldn't upset this thing."
>eats dead bits of his brethren

Jade, you start hearing a sound like soft sad whispers in the back of your mind, though you can't make out anything coherent apart from that.
>>
>>111263
Haha! I challenge you to insert a hand inside and reach that eye thing, brave boy! It's probably just an animal inside this bloody bark but who knows.
>>
>>111291
"sure they can but I never saw a tree moving or acting beside growing leaves and make a forest together"
>>111336
"Why should I accept that I'm not a kid anymore, I guess you know more about that tree than I do"
>>
>>111291
Woah woah what tha heck! Did u have that all the time?! What are you?
>>
>>111349
Please try to use quotation marks or something similar to denote that your character is the one speaking, I was confused there for a moment.

>>111291
Just to answer to the posting thing, yes deleting the first post deletes the thread, also I actually did delete that post I made just before saying the edit thing because it was a real mess of jumbled words, and I replaced it with something ALSO flawed.

This is why you redraft when you write books kids, I know when I write stuff I go back and change entire conversations around to make it flow better.
>>
>>111346
" — Oh c'mon you're not going anywhere with that boring attit- oh... crap Im starting to hear things now... it's sad... all this is getting weirder. — "
>>
File: tegaki.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
23KB, 400x400px
>>111349
"I am an autonomous construct. That was my fuel intake hatch." Ironback then knocks on his chest.

>>111423
"Strange. I don't hear anything sad. Sir Frederick, Do you also hear this sadness as well?"
>>
BTW, any idea how we might want to keep in touch for more shiz like this?

I could link a group on Facebook, or something else?

Whatever might be convenient for people, personally I'd prefer Facebook because I keep a tab of it open 24/7.
>>
>>111455
" —Oh wow, I'm not sure I totally get that but if you can cook inside there, we'll never starve or freeze out here. Woah we could even make canons out of you —

—This guy could worth a fortune— Jade thinks to herself.

Looks like I've run with the weirdest rookies this time huhAHA! but I like it! You are cool guys— She exclaims and pats on the golem back.

—I suppose we can let the creepy trees here for now, I have found something bigger catching my curiosity haHAHA! We should head to that castle there and look for a big dealer... errhm I mean for information... information... dealer, you know...erhm let's go lads.— Turns her back and starts walking to the castle, akimbo pose and greedy expression.
>>
>>111818
It's ok for me, I just stopped using facebook for like a month but I still keep an account for news and politics... I could use that.
>>
>>111818
Is okay for me if we switch to Facebook I don't care
>>
>>111455
"what sad voice shall I hear? Frederick replies "a castle is always a good place to be, at least to get information and supplies"
>>
File: tegaki.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
22KB, 400x400px
>>111818
I use Discord. It's more convenient for me.
I'm rarely ever logged in to Facebook.

>>112160
>" —Oh wow, I'm not sure I totally get that but if you can cook inside there, we'll never starve or freeze out here. Woah we could even make canons out of you —

"I'm not sure about canons but my master did used me as a mobile furnace from time to time."

>>112779
>"what sad voice shall I hear?

"I don't know. I have not heard of it personally myself."

>>112160
>—I suppose we can let the creepy trees here for now, I have found something bigger catching my curiosity haHAHA! We should head to that castle there and look for a big dealer... errhm I mean for information... information... dealer, you know...erhm let's go lads.— Turns her back and starts walking to the castle, akimbo pose and greedy expression.

>>112779
>"a castle is always a good place to be, at least to get information and supplies"

"Yes, I agree that this is the best course of action for the time being. To the castle then!" Pressurized steam spews forth from Ironback's Exhaust pipe as he points towards the castle in a determined manner.
>>
www facebook com-groups-278399332496713-
Replace the spaces with .'s and the -'s with forward slashes, this 4chan thinks I'm posting spam, I had to cut out something too ugh.

Also, guys, it's cannon, not canon.
>>
(as I tried to say before 4chan had a fit...) I don't like Discord because of how they handle things, I only use Facebook because it already has everyone I know on it.

>>115342
You all head off towards the castle, the rain has lightened up to a drizzle.

Do you want to have any conversation on the way there or should I skip to you getting near it?
>>
>>115506
>>115506
Request send
>>
>>115508
>Do you want to have any conversation on the way there or should I skip to you getting near it?

Ironback turns his head towards Jade and said "I believe that we have not introduced ourselves to each other properly yet. Hi, my name is Ironback what is yours?" (Ironback does not know Jade's name yet in-story-wise)
>>
>>115508
we can skip or not, I not really care
>>115547
"Good Question I also don't know the name of our friend yet."
>>
>>115547
"—Name's Jade Pockets fellas, but of course you can just call me Captain— Smiles proudly
>>
File: tegaki.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
22KB, 400x400px
>>118179
"Pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Captain." Ironback solutes at Jade as they walk.
>>
>>118315
salutes*

oops
>>
>>118315
"—Aye! That be what I mean! Now let's get to that castle, I'll let you know when I get tired of walking. Ironbark, Knighty boy, we'll get along so well~ —"
>>
>>118315
I'd like to imagine it makes a clumsy clunk when he tries to salute, due to the typo.

>>119377
If Frederick has nothing to say then I'll go onto the castle.

Also, if this post archives or run into the post limit or something (I have no idea how it works honestly) then I'll link to a new one to continue on the FB group. (Otherwise, lurk /qst/ for Otherworlders Part 2 by me)
>>
>>106053
>Yhea
>>
Nothing interesting to say till the castle
>>
File: castle_by_joakimolofsson-d5cy7mt.jpg (202KB, 1304x612px) Image search: [Google]
castle_by_joakimolofsson-d5cy7mt.jpg
202KB, 1304x612px
>>119963
I didn't make that image, the fact that the first letter isn't underlined and looks out of place is really dumb too.

>>121879

You get close to the castle on the front side, the back side is where the town is, it looks a bit like the image here but without the bridge and with higher buildings and walls.

The huge heavy wooden doors are reinforced with giant bony plates bolted to the door with huge green metal rivets.

There's a small alcove in the wall with a sign over it that reads "RING FOR ENTRY HERE", a rope pull can be seen dangling just inside.

(The person that pulls it will be the person that is spoken first to by whomever answers.)
>>
>>122067
"I believe that a proper gentleman would be a more suitable candidate for introducing our group to the castle's residents."

"My overall appearance... was not designed for social interactions... to put it in a way."
>>
>>122097
Ironback notices something small and spidery hiding behind a rock.

Nobody else seems to notice it.

(Sir Golem, you're the first person to EVER spot one of these in any game I've GM'd, and you don't even have perception as a skill. Jesus fucking Christ...)
>>
>>122123
Ironback sneaks towards the rock while looking out for any surprises.

Yes, a sneaking golem. Sounds ridiculous but doesn't hurt to try anyway.
>>
File: tegaki.png (68KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
68KB, 400x400px
>>122129
(You're in plain sight of the thing and you're a giant metal construct, no dice.)

The spidery thing crouches down timidly and stares at you with its large vermilion eye with a slit pupil, sat on a central body with six legs attached to it.

It appears to be made of reddish wood.
>>
>>122163
"Come little one. I won't hurt you." Ironback opens his hand and presents it towards the creature in an attempt to befriend it.
>>
>>122173

The small.. creature?.. scuttles carefully into your hand before blinking at your curiously.
>>
"what kind of creature is that? Looks kinda strange" says sir Frederick with a skeptical expression on his face
>>
>>122192
You haven't seen it yet, all you've seen is Ironback walk behind a rock and seemingly pick something up after saying something. You were too busy looking at the castle and possibly going to go pull that rope.
>>
>>122179
"What a curious little creature aren't you?" Ironback returns to the group with the creature in his hand.
>>
I'm off to get groceries, I'll be able to respond when I get back.

Assume that the little spidery thing is just going to sit in Ironback's hand and be shy/timid.
>>
Back.
>>
Frederick, you should probably pull that rope. Jade doesn't get along too well with guards or any lawmen, and will probably get us in trouble haha.

But well, if Frederick doesn't manifest she'll pull it anyways. (After I get back from doctor).
>>
>>122204
Eww just keep that thing away from me.
>>
So, "Jade pulls the rope three times and shouts — Heeey open up! —"
>>
>>124505
About 15 seconds pass before a large spiny black thing drops to the ground near you before standing up, shapeshifting into the form of a tall somewhat muscular pale young woman in a simple black and white striped shirt with a simple pair of dark violet pants. Her raven hair is made into many braids with small wooden butterfly clips on the ends that look like butterflies. She also has two pairs of horns coming out of her head that curl around eachother, as well as small sharp bony protrusions sticking out of the bottom of her jaw.

(I just tried drawing her with the draw thing and JFC this thing is shit, I'm gonna use GIMP next time. I can't even be bothered with this right now.)

"Hello travelers!", she says cheerfully, "What can I do for you today?". It's plain to everyone that's looking at her as she speaks that she has very sharp teeth.

(Ironback may probably think nothing of this, Jade may have seen stranger than this in her time, but as a God-fearing Christian knight, Frederick for all intents and purposes sees a terrifying demon stood in front of him. You don't have to be outright hostile but I ask that you at least be extremely suspicious of this woman or something. Be creative.)
>>
>>126863
Jade was a bit surprised, she has seen many races diversity, around her world, some horned, but none shapeshifting. (there's also no magic in her world, at least to her knowledge).

"Wow, that's an entrance... Is this your fort? Uh, you see, I'm Bab Laurens, prestigious merchant, these two are my scort. We were carrying important affairs in these lands, you know, but got robbed. Just woke up in some ruins over there, all our stuff gone. We need to speak to your law *ahem* representatives for some arrangements. And I would like some directions too, we lost our track... where's the nearest port?... I remmember a port..." Jade is a bit distracted by the odd aspect of the woman as she talks.
>>
>>129133
The woman looks at you (Jade) strangely for a moment before giving you what seems to be a puzzled look.

"What was the name of the port you were at exactly?"
>>
>>129338
Jade change looks with her, wondering whether telling the name of the port she really was.

"Uhh you know, I have this hangov—stupor... I suppose we have been drugged by those bandits... I can't really make up names right now. One port, another, whatever... Let's get to the point, we need entrance and directions here, don't make us waste more time. We need to get food already, my guards get bad mood when hungry. I'll talk about your good and fast behavior with your boss once I am in."
>>
>>129470
"When the sky smiles, what do you do?", she asks cryptically.
>>
(sry was working till now)
>>
>>129568
"Uh— well when sky...uh I— I sail haHA!,
I SAIL! you blidge rat! Sky smilin' or cryin' like a widow! I sail her endless salty tears and storms and I will t' the end of my lives cuz I am Jade Pockets and I'm it's captain! And now I'm pretty tired of this chit chat, me stomach be growlin' and you, pal, will show us entrance, give us your clothes and a map, then we'll get t' heck out o' here once we plunder one or two markets in there and had a meal." Jade takes her cutlass and points it at the woman.

(Told you, wasn't a good idea me doing the diplomacy stuff haha)
>>
>>130068
"Put the sword away, otherworlder. Tricks will only get you killed here."

She doesn't seem angry, but her teeth are slightly bared threateningly.
>>
Just a comment I wanna make, but I love how this is playing out with Jade. I'm sick of boring people who metagame too much and don't RP properly. This shit is hilarious.
>>
>>130210
Thanks, I know what you mean. I try to avoid meta all I can in my games as well. It's boring and ruins the essence of the story and characters.
>>
>>133789
Sorry about that. Had to make some last second(s) changes to the wording.

>>130068
>>130161
Ironback intervenes and places his free hand between the two.
"I apologize for my colleague's rudeness. Please excuse us for a moment."

Ironback then leads Jade away from the lady. Enough distance for an average human to not understand a loud conversation. He then leans down to Jade's height and spoke in a quiet voice as best as his vocal device can manage and said "Your method doesn't seem to be working very well. Might I suggest an alternative approach? Like telling the truth?"
>>
>>133793
The strange woman stands with her arms crossed patiently. Her teeth are no longer bared.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.