[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls Quest IV: Of Saints and Sinners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: Creey old shack.png (662KB, 735x402px) Image search: [Google]
Creey old shack.png
662KB, 735x402px
You are building strength, making acquaintances, but to what end? You are even unsure of when you came to this land. But push on is all you can do, until all is spent but your soul.

Inventory:
1 x Pyromancy Flame
1 x Longsword +1
1 x Spear
1 x Heater Shield

1 x Ragged Travelling Hood
1 x Ragged Travelling Cloak
1 x Chain Shirt
1 x Ragged Travelling Boots
1 x Worn Wrist Irons

1 x Estus Flask (4 uses)

1 x Tiny Iron Key

1 x Mysterious Envelope

Known Spells:
Combustion
Fireball

(Please read as much of the previous threads’ as you can before responding.)
Previous Thread: >>1298850

>>1327557
>>1327643

You slip out of the door and close it, putting a nice barrier between you and whatever’s inside. You draw your sword and raise you shield, preparing to meet whatever’s inside. You prepare your summoning stone, hoping to call Kaydin for help.
You hear a twig snap and a crunching of leaves behind you, you turn and see Path there holding a torch. The firelight stings your eyes.

“Having trouble? I heard noises” he looks past you at the slightly ajar door “oh yes, I got that open earlier, but ran into trouble with some rats. Perhaps our combined strength may overcome them.”

Something pushes against the door scratching against the wood, you shoulder the door, slamming it shut, you hear a thud and a shriek on the other side. Path readies his spear and raises his torch in front of him.

Do you…

>Go with Path and storm the house

>Use your soapstone to call Kaydin

>Kill Path in case he double crosses you

>Write in...
>>
>>1328007
>>Kill Path in case he double crosses you
>>
>>1328007
>>Go with Path and storm the house
Hopefully keeping an eye on him so we never leave our back exposed.
>>
>>1328007
>Offer Path to call in Yellow Cloak if he doesn't know his name, or Kaydin if he does.
If he accepts the help then we can get Kaydin in on this too, if not then we can probably get some more info if we go with him instead of Kaydin.
>>
>>1328007
He's not gonna accept summoning Kaydin, he made that pretty clear before hand, but he hasn't been directly hostile with us so far so I don't see any reason he wouldn't help us dealing with a few rats.

If/when we find something valuable, things might change but as it stands just killing some rats should be easy enough.
>>
>>1328410
Well, if he doesn't want to now, we could always leave the offer on the table in the event we get overwhelmed and need backup. I don't think Path would want to refuse the help by then.
However, we could probably wait and ask Path what he has against Kaydin before offering sometime in the future if he doesn't backstab us by then.
>>1328007
I suppose I'll switch >>1328296 to
and leave the soapstone offer for once we get to know Path more.
>>
>>1328443
You make a very valid point, i'll switch to >>1328296 as well. >>1328007
>>
>>1329355
Woops misread a bit going with vote on >>1328443 is what i meant, so basically what I voted before.
Gotta remind myself to try not to make decisions after being awake for 16+ hours. and to read betterererer
>>
>>1328225
>>1328296
>>1328410
>>1328443

You put your back to the door, keeping the rats in. You tell Path that you think you’ll need help with this, you suggest calling Kaydin for help, you flash the soapstone.

“Oh, I see you went and got yourself acquainted. But no I wouldn’t trust him to draw a sword near me, the man’s been out for my life, he’s mad, half hollow even, always searching for more humanity. I’d stay out of his way If I were you… But there’s not time right now to get into that” he nods to the door.

The rats inside shriek and grind against the door.

“Open the door on my call.” You nod in reply. “Now!”

You shove the door open, knocking two of the rats to the floor. Path charges past waving his torch about, he skewers a rat through the abdomen. The four other rats scatter, two of them scamper through the open door to the right. You leap in and behead one rat with a sweep of your sword.

Path is on the other side of the room, one rat remains in the centre. Path bashes it on the rump with his torch, it screeches in pain and leaps at you, making a gash down your right arm. You slice its belly open, it drops to the floor, it's guts spilling out onto the wood.

“See, two is enough strength. A third would get in the way” Path pants.

There are no rats left in this room.

You are mildly wounded.

Do you…

>Pursue the other rats to the next room

>Search this room for loot

>Take a drink of estus

>Kill Path in case he double crosses you

>Write in...
>>
>>1330400
>Ask Path what he knows of rats and if they'll come back with more backup if we don't hunt the rest of them down.
>If yes, hunt them down. If no, take a breather then search this room for loot. While we loot, rotate watches to guard whoever's taking their pick of the loot.
>Ask Path while we’re taking a break why he thinks Kaydin is out for his life, but didn't seem hostile back at the bonfire.
Well, I suppose we got the initial summoning request out of the way. Path seemed to take it better than I expected.
>>
>>1330486
Sounds like quite the plan, I'll back this.
>>
>>1330486
Backing this guy Noman
>>1330400
>>
>>1330400
Going with plan in >>1330486
>>
>>1330486
>>1331305
>>1331855
>>1332209

You ask Path if he knows anything about these kind of rats and if the will return in greater numbers.

“So long as we have fire, the rats won’t go near us. Just wave a torch in front of them or throw a firebomb and they’ll be off like stones down a mountainside.”

On that note you begin to scrounge around the room. You look under the table, and in and behind the cupboard; nothing but dust and cobwebs. The room isn’t very large, you begin to wonder why you thought there might anything in here.

You take drink of estus to recover from the scratch the rat gave you, the wound heals a little but you don’t feel much better. In fact you feel a little tipsy, there’s also a bad taste in your mouth, like bile and vinegar. The effects are subtle, but nonetheless noticeable.

“Are you alright, you seem a little ill” a faint smirk appears on his face, but it fades quickly “I’ll lead the way, better kill off the rest of those rats.”

You ask Path why he is convinced Kaydin is stalking him.

“He’s been following me for days, always watching me, waiting for me to be alone. He’s a fanatic, worships some god of blood or something like that. No doubt he wants to kill me for some ritualistic purpose, a twisted initiation or rite of passage. Or maybe he’s just a bloodthirsty madman. He always gives me these nasty looks when we chance eye contact. He makes my life a fright to live.”

You are mildly wounded and woozy.

The only light source is Path’s torch.

Do you…

>Follow path to the next room

>Insist on leading the way to the next room

>Leave and return to the bonfire

>Write in…

(note: killing anything is always an option).
>>
>>1333751
We're already this far in, might as well stick to this and see if he doesn't immediately push us into a trap. Could always make our lives easier and kill him, or better yet summon Kaydin.
>>
>>1333751
>>1334082
Yeah, but he's actually being helpful so I don't see why we should try getting rid of him just yet.
He's got the torch, he'll do better at keeping the rats away at first.
>Mention to Path that Kaydin told us he thinks he's a bandit or thief who's after the former occupants' possessions, and generally thinks he's up to something nefarious.
>Offer to talk to Kaydin on behalf of Path if he proves trustworthy enough.
>>
>>1334211
>>1333751
>If Path asks why we're willing to help him out or admits to being a thief, then state that we believe his story that the old priest left for Fort Grauffa and never came back. We don't see any harm in salvaging for any loot from someone who isn't going to use it.
>>
>>1333751
>Offer to talk to Kaydin on behalf of Path if he proves trustworthy enough.
>>
>>1334211
>>1334082
>>1334229
>>1335297

Path moves forward through the door arch, lighting the way for you. You both climb down a small staircase into the next room. There is no sign of any rats down, Path moves around the space looking in all the broken a crumpled crates and barrels scattered about.

The sickly feeling in you gut creeps up on you and you vomit onto the dirt floor. The wound on your arm has turned a sickly green, and smells of rot.
Path runs over to you and grabs you, preventing you from falling forward.

He takes your estus flask and holds it to your mouth “here, drink, you’ll feel better” he pours it down your throat.

You feel slightly better, but still below healthy. Path lets you down onto a crate and returns to scrounging around the room.
You offhandedly mention to Path that Kaydin is convinced that he is a thief and that’s why he is tracking him.

“A thief? Scavenger more like. I will tell you now friend, I have never stolen from a living person ever. Sure I’ve looted the corpses of a few hollows. But truthfully, I’m no more a thief than a Hyena is a Lion.”

You tell Path that you are willing to talk to Kaydin on his behalf, to clear up the bad blood between them. You tell him that you and Kaydin are on good terms and he will be willing to listen to you.

Path turns from looking through an old sack “well, if you’re set on it I really can’t stop you can I? But be careful of him” his smooth voice flutters through the air “he’s mad. Has two faces, impossible to trust a man like that, and trust is a valuable thing indeed.”

You vomit a little in your mouth.

You hear a faint scratching in the walls. A grinding and shuffling moving behind the stones.

A foul smell hangs in the air.

It is terribly cold.

Do you…

>Join Path in searching through the crates

>Inspect the stone walls

>Tell Path that you should get back to the bonfire

>Call Kaydin with your soapstone

>Kill Path

>Write in...
>>
>>1338980
>Inspect the stone walls
>Write-in
Tell Path to check and be careful of the walls
>>
>>1338980
>>Call Kaydin with your soapstone
If we die by poison that'll be super disappointing. Maybe guys got an antidote or something. Path either doesn't have one or seems content to let us drown in it. Feels a bit late to go back to the bonfire too.
>>
>>1338980
>>1339094
>The sickly feeling in you gut creeps up on you and you vomit onto the dirt floor. The wound on your arm has turned a sickly green, and smells of rot.
>A foul smell hangs in the air.
Poison time?

>>1338980
>>1339048
2nded, probably a hidden monster.

>>1335297
>“A thief? Scavenger more like. I will tell you now friend, I have never stolen from a living person ever. Sure I’ve looted the corpses of a few hollows. But truthfully, I’m no more a thief than a Hyena is a Lion.”
I don't mind this if that's really case, we've already been doing this and it's not like corpses are going to need their gear.

>>1339094
Kaydin IS a paladin, but I don't think a heal spell counts the same as an antidote.
We should hold off on the soapstone for now and at least ask Path first before thinking of calling in the guy that he mutually hates.

>>1338980
>>1339094
Avoid calling on the soapstone, but be wary of poisons. The situation isn't that dire yet.
>Ask Path about the poisons and whether he has any antidotes for the poisons or countermeasures for situations like this.
>Ask Path how much time we have before we have to leave from the noxious fumes, and if we can bring any more gear like respirators or wet rags to deal with this.
Is the wound on our arm still there, or was it healed when we drank from the estus flask?
>If it is still there, then try to sterilize and bandage the wound to avoid further infection.
>>
>>1339272
We got poisoned by the rat. Not fumes. Path is fine since he wasn't scratched and clearly either has no antidote or wants us to die. He ain't lying when he said he only loots dead people, not killing them himself. Our best bet would be to tell him to be careful and investigate the walls so he can get distracted while we call Kaydin and hope for the best.
>>
>>1339365
>>1339365
>We got poisoned by the rat. Not fumes.
I'm aware. Having an infected wound and fumes isn't a good combination, so I was thinking we get both of those dealt with which is why I suggested the sterilizing the wound.

>He ain't lying when he said he only loots dead people, not killing them himself.
So Path is Patches?

>>1339365
>Path is fine since he wasn't scratched and clearly either has no antidote or wants us to die.
If that was the case I think he'd be hanging back more and wouldn't have bothered giving us as much info or tried helping us out when we got sick instead of ditching us for those crates.
You're right in the sense that we should be more guarded now that we're more injured, especially for backstabbery.
>>
>>1338980
>Inspect the stone walls
I'm not ready to head back Quite just yet, but we should be getting out of here soon to take care of the poison. A quick once over shouldn't be too bad of an idea.
>>
>>1341376
>Examine the moss
Purple Moss get?
>>
>>1339048
>>1339528
>>1339272

You rise slowly from your crate-seat and move over to the right wall. The stench grows stronger as you move closer, not dissimilar from a rotting corpse. You feel along the crease of the bricks and find a small hole. You peer through the wall-cavity, it’s very dark on the other side but you can make out something shiny. You can only look for a few seconds before the smell is too strong.

Path seems preoccupied and isn’t paying attention to you.

You notice at the base of the wall there seems to be a kind of giant moss growing. It’s a few inches thick and a rich purple colour, its aroma tingles your sinuses.

Your vision goes fuzzy for a moment and you wobble about nearly toppling over, but you regain your balance. You swallow a mouthful of vomit, and wipe your mouth off with your cloak.

You consider calling Kaydin, but you decide against it as you don’t want to be caught in a fight while ill.

You feel faint and your skin has gone pale, your visions blurs now and then. You feel as though you are on the verge of passing out.

Do you…

>Break down the wall

>Examine the moss

>Go against your gut and summon Kaydin

>Drink estus

>Kill Path

>Write in...
>>
>>1341681
>Drink estus
>Examine the moss
Try to stay alive while lookin at potential safety from future poison scenarios.
>>
>>1341681
>>Examine the moss
Get some of that shit, unless we need to break th wall to get it, then do that instead. Think we only have one sip of estus so lets save it for after we get patched up a bit from the moss.
>>
>>1341681
>Examine the moss

if necessary

>Break down the wall

Dying from poison is SHAMEFUR
>>
>>1342366
>>1341820
>>1341689

Although feeling faint you do pick up a memory floating in the back of your head, you recognise the moss. The moss growing in the floor has a subtle poison which, when ingested, counteracts other poison in the body, cleansing the insides. You stoop down and tear up a handful. After picking off as much dirt as you can, you stuff it into your mouth. You feel your stomach acid rise for a moment, and then settle, colour slowly crawls back into your skin, and your wound no longer smells of death. Quickly you swallow a mouthful of estus to fully heal the wound and remove the taste of the moss.

You look around and see that path is trying to move a shelf away from the wall. Seeing that he is preoccupied you decide to venture on your own and knock down this wall. You step a few feet away and think of how you could do this.

The air is still chilling, but your cloak makes up for it.

You feel healthy now, but not in the best shape.

Path takes no notice of you.

Do you…

>Destroy the wall by throwing a crate at it

>Destroy the wall with pyromancy

>Destroy the by prising the bricks apart with your sword

>Ask Path for help to break this wall

>Kill Path

>Summon Kaydin

>Write in...
>>
>>1344857
>>Summon Kaydin
Nows our best chance since he might think we're dead or at least still dying. Then we can try to talk things outso no sparks start flying immediately. Then we can have someone bit more reliable watching our back.
>>
>>1344857
I still don't see any reason to summon kaydin or suddenly start something with path, he's been pretty damn chill so far. I do wanna head back to the bonfire as soon as we're done here.
>>
>>1344945
Just me being paranoid anon. I honestly don't trust him so I want someone to watch our back without thoughts of putting a knife in it.
>>
>>1344857
>>
>>1344857
>>1344945
2nding.
I should mention I haven't played beyond the tutorial level of Dark Souls 1, so I don't know much about the game's mechanics like how moss can counteract poison and stuff.
>>
>>1344945
>>1345290

You take a few steps back and prepare a spell. Out of the corner of your eye you see Path turn toward you.

“I’m tired of playing, are you dead yet?” You see the shock on his face to see yo healthy and standing.

You release the ball of fire at the wall, it’s obviously poorly made and old because it crumbles like sand. Behind it you see a corpse leaning against the wall dressed in tattered, yet lavish robes, there is a pile of silver next to him and a few metal pots and urns, along with some scattered pieces of armour and broken weapons.

Path freezes, and for a moment he seems afraid, but his fear vanishes and gives way to a smug grin. He reaches back and takes his spear.

“Oh no no no, you weren’t supposed to do that, I guess you know I was lying about the priest now. How about this? If you agree to help me kill that relentless bastard Kaydin, I won’t kill you now. How does that sound?”

You are currently wielding: Longsword +1 (right hand) and Pyromancy Flame (Left Hand).

>Agree

>Attack

>Summon Kaydin

>Run back up the stairs

>Switch (Pyromancy/Sword for Spear/Shield).

>write in...
>>
>>1347964
>Pretend to agree
Happy now guys?
Offer to summon Kaydin and 2v1 him, then quickly explain shit to Kaydin and 2v1 Path. If he doesn't buy that, lets just listen to what he has planned.
>>
>>1347964
>>1347982
You was mothafuckin right anon,
>pretend to agree, assblast this asshole
>>
>>1347964
>>1347982
>>1348163
2nding.
So the guy murdered the priest and either thought we wouldn't notice, or wanted us to deal with the rats before dealing with us? That explains why the ">Kill Path in case he double crosses you" kept being offered now.
>>
>>1348180
>>1348163
>>1347982

Path lifts his spear to waist level, and eyes you cautiously. You tell him that you agree to his proposition, and will go along side him to find and kill Kaydin, but secretly you intend to double cross Path as he did to you.

“Wonderful! Now I noticed you carrying that soapstone around… Kaydin gave that to you didn’t he? I have something for you that is quite similar, use this to seek out and kill him” he produces a small red crystal orb from his hip-pouch, the orb has a large crack through the middle and seems to pulsate with a sinister energy “If you do this and survive, I’ll give you a great reward, far more valuable than what you see in this cellar.”

He places the orb in your hand, you notice inside there is something like an image of an eye, it fidgets and stirs, seemingly looking for something, or someone.

“This red eye orb will allow you to appear to Kaydin as a phantom. Killing him will send you back. When you kill him retrieve his sword, as a token so that I know the deed has been done. I don’t think it will work here, summoning or vanishing has never worked for me here. Come find me when the deed is done. So long friend” he begins to move past you towards the stairs.

The orb gives you a foul feeling, like residual guilt, but also akin to a promise of greatness.

The air is cold to the point of freezing.

A scratching can be heard inside the room beyond the broken wall.

Path begins to leave up the stairs.

>Stab Path in the back as he moves away from you

>Summon Kaydin

>Take the orb and do as he says

>Investigate the scratching

>Write in...
>>
>>1351546
>>Summon Kaydin
Now I'm worried it won't work and we'll just reveal ourselves as traitors for no reason.
>>
>>1351683
Actually gonna change to just following Path outside. And hopefully back to the bonfire. Get all healed up and ready before doing anything rough.
>>
>>1351720
>>1351683

The thread has died.

A new thread has risen from the ashes.

>>1355401 go on and seek comfort with fire.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.