[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls Quest V: Death Follows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

You cling onto hope, but your companionship is troubling, who can you trust? Maybe not even yourself.

Previous thread: >>1328007

Current Inventory:
1 x Pyromancy Flame
1 x Longsword +1
1 x Spear
1 x Heater Shield

1 x Ragged Travelling Hood
1 x Ragged Travelling Cloak
1 x Chain Shirt
1 x Ragged Travelling Boots
1 x Worn Wrist Irons

1 x Estus Flask (4 uses)
4 x Purple Moss Clump
1 x White Sign Soapstone
1 x Cracked Red Eye Orb
1 x Humanity Sprite

1 x Tiny Iron Key

1 x Mysterious Envelope

Known Spells:
Combustion
Fireball

Path lifts his spear to waist level, and eyes you cautiously. You tell him that you agree to his proposition, and will go along side him to find and kill Kaydin, but secretly you intend to double cross Path as he did to you.

“Wonderful! Now I noticed you carrying that soapstone around… Kaydin gave that to you didn’t he? I have something for you that is quite similar, use this to seek out and kill him” he produces a small red crystal orb from his hip-pouch, the orb has a large crack through the middle and seems to pulsate with a sinister energy “If you do this and survive, I’ll give you a great reward, far more valuable than what you see in this cellar.”

He places the orb in your hand, you notice inside there is something like an image of an eye, it fidgets and stirs, seemingly looking for something, or someone.

“This red eye orb will allow you to appear to Kaydin as a phantom. Killing him will send you back. When you kill him retrieve his sword, as a token so that I know the deed has been done. I don’t think it will work here, summoning or vanishing has never worked for me here. Come find me when the deed is done. So long friend” he begins to move past you towards the stairs.

The orb gives you a foul feeling, like residual guilt, but also akin to a promise of greatness.

The air is cold to the point of freezing.

A scratching can be heard inside the room beyond the broken wall.

Path begins to leave up the stairs.

>Stab Path in the back as he moves away from you

>Summon Kaydin

>Take the orb and do as he says

>Investigate the scratching

>Write in...
>>
>>1355401
Follow path out and head back to the bonfire.
>>
>>1355810
>>1355401
Seconded
>>
Also a plan for the future, we should meet with Kaydin and ask to borrow his sword so we can lure Path out. That way we get Path's reward and we can just call Kaydin out to 2v1 him afterwards.
>>
>>1355401
>Come find me when the deed is done.
>>1355810
>Follow path out and head back to the bonfire.
Will he know if we don't kill him? Or do you mean follow behind him without noticing us?

>>1355964
>Also a plan for the future, we should meet with Kaydin and ask to borrow his sword so we can lure Path out. That way we get Path's reward and we can just call Kaydin out to 2v1 him afterwards.
2nd, this sounds like a good way to get the best of both worlds. Should we exchange our sword with Kaydin's so he has a sword to fight with when we summon him?
>>
>>1356365
I mean, we could have just given him his sword back unless Path takes it, but yeah, we could give him another weapon if needed.
>Will he know if we don't kill him?
What do you mean? Kaydin? No way of knowing we're lying I don't think. And no need to be sneaky, we "agreed" to do the job after all.
>>
>>1355810
>>1355862
>>1355964
>>1356365

You turn away from the hoard and begin to follow Path. The shuffling and scratching noise grows louder and a loud shriek of a rat comes from behind you. You turn quickly, reactively swinging your sword at the pouncing rodent. You slash it across the brow, through all the way, your sword clanging against the wall at the end. The rat flops over onto the ground, you see a second one behind it. It’s nose is wrinkled in fright and rage, it seems ready to leap at you.

There is only one rat in the room.

Your sword has a dent in it.

>Attack (pyromancy/Sword/Spear).

>Prepare to block (heater shield)

>Run

>Write in...
>>
>>1357074
>Attack (pyromancy)
>>
>>1357074
>>Prepare to block
No use playing risky I guess. Unless we use combustion the fireball might be too slow.
>>
>>1357074
>>1357276
2nd. We're not in any rush to clear out the place and we can use the moment we block the rat's leap to then counter-attack with whatever we prefer.
>>
>>1357276
>>1357475

Third. When in doubt, avoid damage.
>>
>>1357074
>Block dat shit
Pls no poisonerino
>>
>>1357138
>>1357276
>>1357475
>>1357839
>>1360759

You raise your shield in response to the rat’s strike, it slams into the metal and fall to the ground. You bound down the stairs and skewer it with your sword. It gives a last squeal then dies.

A tiny black sprite rises from the corpse of one of the slain rat’s. You catch it in your hand and crush it, letting the darkness flow into you.

You now have two humanities.

Again the hoard of loot in the hole catches your eye, pieces of armour, piles of silver and a few shattered weapons. Path seems to have already left the building.

It is deafeningly quiet.

The air is bone-chillingly cold.

Do you…

>Search the hole for anything useful

>Return to the bonfire

>Write in...
>>
>>1361113
>>
>>1361113
Search the hole and check the priests corpse
>>
>>1361113
>>Return to the bonfire
It ain't going anywhere and looting from Path sounds like a bad idea regardless.
>>
>>1361113
>>1361988
2nd, deal with Path first then loot his stolen goods. We can use it as evidence if we want to convince Kaydin later, not that he needs any convincing.
>>
>>1362009
Why?
We should obviously summon pallybro to help.

Hes probably careful enough to not just trust us completely.
>>
>>1362038
>>1362038
>We should obviously summon pallybro to help.
Since I'm not too sure on how Dark Souls works, I'm not sure if Path would secretly have some measures for spying on us or the equivalent of sensors on his property.
When I said deal with Path first, I meant get back to safety > talk to Kaydin > trick Path with an item that supposedly represent Kaydin's death to get our reward > ambush Path with Kaydin.

>Hes probably careful enough to not just
trust us completely.
In the sense that he's already willing to deal with Path, because he's the one who suggested we stand on guard with him in the first place.
>>
>>1361113
>Return to the bonfire
We need our estus back asap, since it's our only reliable heal atm.
>>
>>1361113

plus

>Write in...
with your shield raised

If your shield isn't up, your pants are down.
>>
>>1361113
>Return to the bonfire
>>
>>1363192
>>1362795
>>1361988
>>1362009

For the moment deciding against stealing from Path, you move to exit the basement up the stairs and proceed to leave the house lighting the way with your Pyromancy flame. Outside the air is brisk and the sky is black as pitch, the forest is entirely invisible to you. You glide around to the back of the house and slowly move towards the welcoming light of the bonfire. You try hard to ignore the disturbing noises coming from the beyond the treeline, but are slightly comforted by the far off, steady beat of the blacksmiths hammer. You reach the bonfire, blazing delightfully.

Neither Path nor Kaydin can be seen or heard, now the only sound you hear is the beating of metal on metal of the decrepit smith. You fall on your backside by the fire and let the cleansing flames wash over you, healing your body and partially your mind. You refill your flask with the sweet, burning nectar.

The darkness of the night intimidates you, but you are somehow comforted by the figure of the broken statue, like an ancient guardian watching over those who seek refuge by the flames.

The cold of the night has crept into your bones. You pull your cloak tight about you.

The hammer beats away and you fall asleep…
>>
>>1368151
You wake before dawn, the sky is blue-grey and the air is fresh. The sound of the smith’s hammer has not ceased throughout the night and still continues. There is not sight nor sound of anyone aside from the blacksmith.

You now notice a thin, cloaked figure walking up the forest path toward the town. You recognise it to be the woman from the amphitheatre.

On the ground near the ancient bench you see some letters apparently burned into the ground, and glowing hot.

It reads:
find him and finish it

A bird cries out a sorrowful song.

The night air is slowly warming up.

Do you…

>Explore the moors

>Explore the Traitor’s Ravine

>Talk to the cloaked woman

>Go to the blacksmith

>Write in...
>>
>>1368156
>>Talk to the cloaked woman
>>
>>1368156
>>
>>1368156
>write in the dirt "suck my chubby."
>>
>>1368156
>>Talk to the cloaked woman
>>1368156
>find him and finish it
>Write in...
>Write a response, "No."
>>
>>1368168
>>1368384
>>1368531
>>1369060

Kneeling down in the dirt, you write a reply to the message there.
I refuse

After standing up and stretching out your sore limbs you walk over to greet the hooded lady. She nods to you, but doesn’t give much attention as she hurries past, seemingly towards the blacksmith. She breaks into a run up the hill. You decide not to pursue as she seems to be needed somewhere urgent.

Half the sky is now scarlet and peach as the sun flares up over the horizon beyond the trees, you feel a fleeting sense of hope.

You seem to be lost in your head, and really don’t know why you’re here. Then you remember the envelope, and dying old undead in the valley, a purpose you nearly forgot, at least it’s a place to start, and maybe find your destiny.

Do you…

>Explore the moors

>Explore the ravine

>Go to the blacksmith

>Write in...
>>
>>1377599
>>Explore the moors
>>
>>1377599
>>Explore the moors
>>
>>1377599
>Explore the moors
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.