[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mini Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (32KB, 1213x909px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
32KB, 1213x909px
Trying this board out for the first time and setting up a mini-quest that will eventually become a more refined quest!

Looking for 3 players to test out how it plays. First 3 to respond that they want to play will be Red Player, Green Player, and Blue Player, in that order. Do a 4d5 roll on your opening post, it will be your starting HP.

The goal is to escape the dungeon (land on the box where the yellow arrow is on the map). You do not have to kill anything to escape and win the game! However, if you leave the dungeon too soon, your fellow players may have a much harder time escaping themselves.

Movement:
Once the game starts, you will each be taking 1d5 rolls (First Red Player, then Green Player, then Blue Player) to determine how many spaces you can move. So first Red will make a roll, then after seeing the result, Red will make a second post stating how they would like to move (ex. if Red rolled 4, they might say "2 up, 2 right"). You do not have to move every space of your roll (ex. if you roll 4, you can move 2 spaces and end your turn).

There are 4 enemies lurking about. 3 are the sentinels, who aren't as powerful as the boss, but are excellent trackers and will hunt down the player that matches their color right from the start of the game, as efficiently as possible. If a sentinel's target is no longer on the board, it will go after the player that is closest to them instead. Sentinels each take a turn rolling to determine how far they will travel towards their target (also 1d5 rolls). After each human player makes their moves, Red Sentinel rolls first, then Green Sentinel, then Blue Sentinel, and then finally the Boss will move before it is Red Player's turn again.

The Boss is the 4th enemy, and he will only target a player if they are within 10 spaces of him. When no player is in range, the boss randomly roams one tile at a time, and will do a 1d4 roll to determine the direction of roaming (1 moves up, 2 moves right, 3 moves down, 4 moves left - if it leads to an invalid space, he will stay still). When a player is in range, he will move 4 spaces every time, towards that player. The boss will prioritize his target based on whoever entered his range first.

(1/2)
>>
Combat:
If an enemy occupies the same space as you, you enter combat mode! You cannot leave combat mode until there are no enemies left on the tile. Players may assist one another and join into an existing battle. Each player and each enemy can only make one attack per turn. Players start with a base attack of 3. When in combat mode, instead of rolling to move, you are rolling to attack, so roll 1d based on your listed base attack (so if your base attack was 6, roll 1d6, if it is 10, roll 1d10, etc) and state your intended target if there multiple enemies on a tile. When entering combat mode, enemy stats will be revealed. Sentinels roll 1d, boss rolls 2d.

Pickups:
There are pickups across the dungeon. See the map legend to identify which does what. Players take a pickup simply by passing through the space that it exists on. Enemies do not take the pickups, but can pass through the spaces as well. Pickups activate immediately on contact. Enemies have a 1/2 chance of dropping a pickup upon death (Players drop nothing).

Ready to start once I have 3 players!

(2/2)

Testing formats...ignore...

bold
italic
Red
Green
Blue
Bold and Italic
Bold and Red
>>
bumpy
>>
Share it with the discussion, so others will know of your quest.

>>106218
>>
self bumps don't work I guess

I'll be monitoring this for a while
>>
>>124894

Thanks, didn't know about that
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 1, 4 = 15 (4d5)

>>124778
Green Player, standing by.
>>
File: 2.png (32KB, 1213x909px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
32KB, 1213x909px
Welcome!
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 2, 3 = 7 (4d5)

In.
>>
File: 3.png (32KB, 1213x909px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
32KB, 1213x909px
>>124938

Welcome! Let's make you blue so you're closer to a health kit!
>>
Just clearing the air:

What does a diagonal (ex. NW) count as for Boss aggro? 2 squares?
Are the three of us on the same side (i.e., no friendly fire)?
>>
Also realized rather than having to double post, it may be better to just roll and state how you would move if you got the max number of spaces and it will stop short if it's less than the max, so let's try that. So if you say "right 3, down 2" and roll a 4, youll go right 3 and down 1.
>>
>>125011

Yes, two squares, nothing moves diagonally on the board so connecting at a corner would count as 2 moves.

No friendly fire (was wondering this myself), but I will leave it open to everyone if they choose to help or abandon their teammates.
>>
Gonna give it about 10 more minutes for a 3rd player. If not, I'll revive this tomorrow and you guys get priority if you happen to be on.
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 5, 5 = 18 (4d5)

>>125225
Seems interesting, I'm in.
>>
>>125494
And I was an hour late to the fun. Damn.
>>
Rolled 9854 (1d10000)

>>124778
>>
Rolled 3458 (1d10000)

>>134762
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.